Why is the best jrpg in 20 years an MMO?

Why is the best jrpg in 20 years an MMO?

Attached: Wpxdd7E1zDgSN7d4ITTbSMymfI.png (1200x630, 238K)

PC communities have since left WoW and gone elsewhere to scratch their mmo itch, it just happened to be XIV. There's so much less cancer and people aren't pissed off all the time.

Because YoshiP is a one in a million director who deserves alot more credit then he gets.

Why is this getting so much hype?
and why should I play it?

you shouldn't. it's a dead game

I'm close to finishing the god awful MSQ, hold me bros...

Attached: 1t2347h3h.png (133x133, 11K)

Cute waifus

Attached: samwhmpldrdmnin.jpg (1484x662, 1.1M)

he already gets too much credit when all he did was "remake this to be wow but less shit"

new expac and the story is good

Its the highest rated FF in 13 years and the game somehow managed to go from a flop to the best MMO on the market.
Also, it can get you hooked really easily if you let it happen and don't play it as an MMO skinner box.

Attached: Ifyoucouldwouldyoutakeanotherstep.jpg (467x1200, 145K)

Aside from the story, I do not know. It's still the same game as before, albeit with all the qol improvements that stormblood gave over the years. I can only guess reviews are praising it exclusively over the story and the new changes to jobs, and possibly the trust system.
Yes, but only if you're ready to commit to an insanely long jrpg story

Attached: 1563964259740.png (608x362, 37K)

That's not XBC2

you should watch that noclip documentary user.

pic unrelated

>people aren't pissed off all the time.
Doubt that is made up of ex wow players then, those people will ruin any game they go to

I think I have but I dont remember anything except "please do not play my game" which is pretty retarded for an mmo where you should want to get invested in this world.

The original 14 was an entirely different game with innovative mechanics.
ARR is just a wow clone. which is what the people wanted

i bought it during the steam summer sale and started playing it two weeks ago

it's fun as fuck and im gonna buy shadowbringers and subscribe once the free trial runs out

get a load of this jokah

But Xenoblade Chronicles 1 isn't an MMO

>wow clone
>wow players constantly bitch about how slow combat is
>the whole design philosophy behind it is a different one.
Next thing you will tell me that Witcher 3 is a Zelda clone because you also ride a horse over an open map.

I think, as memey and funny that quote is. The statement behind it is simply that they don't want to force people to play every day, every hour just to be up to date.

>steam
make sure to buy the steam version even if you see a sale on another platform

>Durr 1.0 was actually a good game guys
Shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1552498552040.jpg (580x475, 56K)

Xiv is an improvement on wow in every single way prove me wrong

Attached: ayy.jpg (700x836, 422K)

why

I've seen the trial mount at least 6 times that I can recall and I've never once rolled higher than 30.

The thing that kept me hooked to 1.0 back then is, under all the shit there was a lot of Soul
And XIV still has that.

dungeon design and map layouts in raids
that's seriously all I got. I can't think of anything else.

Not him, but you should keep in mind where you buy it from. If you subscribe via Steam, you can only get Shadowbringers via Steam according to numerous users complaining about this in the reviews and the Steam store page disclaimer. Benefit of buying it via Steam though is that you can pay for subscriptions and the real money shop with your Steam wallet.

thank you friend

Alright I'll give you that one.

Attached: Feo_Come.jpg (144x207, 11K)

I give you that dungeon thing.
But I find the Raid maps always really smart designed. You look at the floor and it already tells you some of the mechanics if you decode the visual language.

it was more of "when you run out of stuff to do, don't feel obligated to keep playing until we add more"
helps to reduce burnout in players so they come back later rather than say, modern WoW that tries to shackle you to it and when someone quits because of the current systems, they probably wont go back

Who made this video game thread. I do not recall requesting it's presence.

Attached: Lord Jauthry.png (1920x1080, 2.49M)

>The original 14 was an entirely different game with innovative mechanics.
too bad the game itself was fucking terrible, you really can't argue 1.0 was a good game, the devs had to apologise for the state of it and even pause subs because the idea of paying for that shit was an insult
I hear 1.23b that came later was decent, but at that point it was too little too late, innovative mechanics mean little when the game itself is garbage.

Attached: 1560147092762.png (800x719, 258K)

Wait, janny, no, I didn't-

When does this game actually become fun Yea Forums? I'm level 12 and I've barely enjoyed any of it so far. It's my first MMO so it might just be that I don't like MMOs but it's just boring

When you reach Titan and realize that you actually aren't good at this game.

You're not gonna have any fun until level 50 and depending on your class 60 or even 70. If you're not mildly engrossed in the world and story at this point you might as well give up or buy a story skip to Heavensward.

>try to set custom fan curve for XIV because it runs especially hot
>worried i'll somehow disable the auto setting and fry my rig
I dont even know where to start

Shadowbringers was really good until Eden came out. Eden, is the shittiest, laziest raid yet. Story is basically nonexistent, boss fights are lame as fuck, and it's just generally obviously rushed and low effort.
Can't believe they did everything else with the expansion so well, and then completely dropped the ball with Eden.
I have no hope for Savage, I don't see how any of these fights could be good outside of Titan.

around level 52

E2 has plenty of potential.

I started like a week ago and I'm level 46. It does get more enjoyable later on when you have more skills and enemy variety, BUT this the story quests so far are extremely uninteresting and it's definitely a "it gets good X hours in" game, so if you're not willing to spend grinding out levels for the chance that it might get more fun later on, you're better off stopping now and not wasting your time further than this.

Boomers
>"we're winning! we are such a popular mmorpg!"
Everyone else on Yea Forums
"what the fuck is an mmorpg?"

Remember to respect your healers!

Attached: insane.jpg (495x466, 116K)

HEALER ADAPT
>votes dismiss

I mean it wasn't really game play related was the problem albeit no jumping was a meme.

It was mostly the horrendous UI coupled with performance issues related to melting gpus.

It was literally ahead of it's time in ambition. Imagine if you saw every ones retainer and had to sort through and individually buy stuff from them. Imagine the performance issues that would cause while still sounding relatively neat and cool.

I kept fucking drowning in hype when i resubbed and finished out Stormblood on the way into Shadowbringers
I was convinced that the hype train made it so i would be harder to impress because now it was expected that i'd be blown away somehow

I still loved this fucking expansion from start to finish
Its really good

What a self important shite.

Attached: G8dM0YH.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

This. I went and spoilered myself on most things, although not all and I still enjoyed the expansion, largely thanks to direction, visual and musical.

Previous versions of WoW had some nice flavour that I miss in XIV, like skilltrees and more "random" skills where you had to figure out which ones are actually useful and how you should use them, while in XIV nearly every skill is designed with a clear purpose in your rotation and there isn't much random utility, like defensive CDs for DDs either.

>healer with a god complex

That's nice you had a bad experience but don't take it on on the next tank you stupid fuck

1.0 was better.

Attached: praise tanaka.jpg (500x473, 74K)

you type like a zoomer retard.

I just beat it a few days ago, the final stretch is pretty much only cutscenes. You can do this, fellow sprout.

>I will not give chase
So he's afk during pulls a lot?

What is THE Female Lala job?

>Implying the GM wouldn't laugh in their face when they come crying after being inevitably kicked

This is peak tranny

>At a safe range
*Misses half the team with Medica by standing 30 yalms away like a tard*

war

god it feels good to be playing an mmo again so i can laugh at people like this

huh

>finally rescued that blonde bitch in pink gear with lvl 46
>next story quest has lvl 49 requirement

Attached: 1517938750018.jpg (341x310, 34K)

BRD or DNC once I finish with MCH?

BLM

Should I play this alone?
Let me say that I don't like raids or gilds

Dont. We are full. Fuck off

Attached: 1562856804531.jpg (706x883, 111K)

You can enjoy this as a singleplayer game with optional multiplayer just fine. That's how I did it. In Shadowbringers they even let you run most story related dungeons with npc's. Unsurprisingly they are better than most players.

What would you be playing it for?
I found the lvling a lot more fun than WoW, because of the Main Story, that makes it actually feel like a game, rather than a chore.

No.

That cat loli's about to be full.

do your beast tribe quests

In my experience trusts are wayy slower than actual players.

How do i get over my fear of failing as a dps, I've only played healer for a few years now but I want to branch out and try something else

Attached: 1475990263060.gif (434x360, 671K)

>xiv pvp

onahole

you have much less responsibility as a DPS, so you'll be fine
just hit things

I had the exact opposite experience.
>grind up to 50 because MSQ is painfully boring and DRG questline seems more interesting
>can't actually accept the next tier of DRG quests because I haven't progressed in the main story enough
>have to go back to questing with the light-haired chucklefuck gang while seething with rage

Attached: 1533118890042.jpg (555x312, 14K)

that's funny because all i play is dps because im too worried tank/healing is too much responsibility and ill fail

They are slower, but they won't fail you, period. Sure, they can't aoe for shit, but I don't mind my dungeon taking a bit longer, but being a guaranteed success as opposed to cretins straight up leaving if they are having a mood swing episode.

Just hit things and stay out of bad circles.