False advertising

Were there any funnier instances than the travesty that was the MvC: Infinite collectors edition?

Attached: 19-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-special-collectors-edition-infinity-st.jpg (700x220, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kjyeCdd-dl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fallout 76 canvas bags being Nylon and the people who bought them getting emails saying "We are not going to do anything about it". Then later giving away atom FO76 cosmetic currency to maybe blow over that debacle but the atom given is 5 bucks worth and the atom given wasn't even remotely enough for the suit that gives you the Canvas bag.

Can you even remove those stones? It would be much better and useful if it was just a fancy box.

Nope, they stuck in there... maybe you can force them out, but that's not the point.

Pretty much any special edition that came with a figure comes to mind. Those things never looked as good in reality as advertised. And of course there's always the infamous Mass Effect Andromeda Collector's Edition...which didn't come with Mass Effect Andromeda at all, just a case and an RC car!

Attached: False advertising.jpg (1800x900, 271K)

Was the RC car a good size at least?

Considering the size of the box, probably. Better be for $200.

Are there any special editions, where the figures actually look good, and look just like the promo?

>no ESRB rating
Well that's a hint. Still it seems like anyone, including me, would overlook that.

Post the estus flask

I bought the Injustice, Batman: Arkham Origins, and One Piece Burning Blood special editions that came with a Batman vs evil Wonder Woman, Joker in his lair and Whitebeard figure respectively. They all look pretty great and I still have them all out on shelves somewhere. I’ve definitely seen some stinkers though

Not that I've seen. That's a question for the posters in the buyfag threads.
You raise a good point about the rating, but as you said it's very easy to miss. It really should have said "NO GAME INSIDE" or something on it so people understood, but you and I both know EA were counting on the confusion to snag a few extra bucks.

I think it’s pretty damning that it comes with an “exclusive steel book case”. One would assume that means there’s actually a game in that case and it’s not just to put your game in when you buy that separately

One of the Assassins Creed games came with a football. I forget if it was III or IV.

The hell were they thinking with this?

Attached: h2-noscale.jpg (600x470, 88K)

Reminds me of the Fallout 76 rum bottle where it was advertised looking like a glass bottle but it ended up being a plastic piece of shit that spilled rum whenever you tried to pour it. And the rum tasted like shit.

Thanks for making me aware of this little bit of marketing absurdity, user. What the actual fuck were they thinking? Especially strange for a French game.

Attached: ASSASSIN BALL, WATCH OUT!.jpg (300x179, 15K)

IV

Any special edition that doesn't come with the game.
Any scenario where there's 4+ "special" editions and no 1 edition has everything.

Looks like some kind of weird exotic sex toy

speaking of figures; wasn't duke nukem: forevers preorder figure actually decent all things considered? I remember seeing it at an EB before they got bought out by GS and they were just giving the fucking things away with all purchases during the closeout.

>Get canteen
>Can't drink from it

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x224, 10K)

I mean, all things considered a football is at least a fun thing to mess around with your friends/ lil bro while the game installs.

How easily some forget...

Attached: Big ol LIE.jpg (1200x800, 114K)

Was I really the only guy who used it as a canteen, I remember going to school and using it all the time.

Attached: received_2313814128899464.jpg (872x740, 33K)

The Duke bust is pretty nice. It wasnt worth the $80 leaf dollars I paid, but it's nice. Rest of the stuff was pretty weak.

Never trust a game company to make good statues or figures.
Only if it’s outsourced to a real toy company.
The few times that come to mind are when Japanese collector’s editions come with nendoroid petits. Even that is kinda shitty though since they aren’t even full size.

It tells you it's not safe to drink from it. You may have poisoned yourself.

I would either bully you or go out of my way to avoid you if I saw you at school with that.

I used it for 5 months, I'm sure I only lost a couple chromosomes

Attached: received_691404401324747.jpg (512x512, 22K)

>how to get Rayman deconfirmed in 1 easy step

I remember the early “amiibo” advertised with it, there was a heart and an Ezio figure

the swtor figure actually looked decent

how did you use it at all? the one I got was glued on or something, the top couldnt even be unscrewed, like it was just part of the mold or something

I can't not think lime juice when I see that.

Get a blood test, user. Seriously. That thing is full of toxic Acetylene.

That puts back under the normal amount, user.

Attached: 76543677.jpg (183x275, 16K)

lolwat

what is that shit made of?

Ok now I'm getting scared user please tell me you're joking, I haven't been to the doctor since I was 15 (now 20)

Attached: D_tgHTpWsAAVvMe.jpg (192x164, 4K)

>I haven't been to the doctor since I was 15 (now 20)
user.

I cant believe user is fucking dead

>get cool collector's item without needing to buy Andromeda
Sounds pretty good to me.

Attached: heh.png (288x232, 122K)

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

It was interesting since the total worth of everything in the list was actually less than a million

Attached: WADWADLarge.jpg (1200x800, 240K)

I'm sure I'm fine, I feel normal I'm pretty healthy and the only pains I feel are from my liver but I'm sure that's normal considering I drink sometimes

Attached: 1562908563162.jpg (640x360, 46K)

Not for 200 Ameribux it's not.

Someone post the one with the Witcher 2 sculpture

Please tell me I'm gonna be alright

Attached: 1562908867090.jpg (921x640, 100K)

just go to a fucking doctor user

>only pains I feel are from my liver but I'm sure that's normal considering I drink sometimes
If you feel pain in your liver at fucking 20 that most certainly is not normal.

estus flavored butt toy

good lord

It's a sharp pain that last for maybe 15 to 20 mins, it's not enough to drop me to my knees but it's enough to just endure it,

Attached: 1562731040864.jpg (720x615, 42K)

You'll be fine. Don't fund the jewish machine and keep trusting your body. If you feel reasonably ill or pained then go to a walk-in clinic.
t. haven't been to see a ""doctor"" in over a decade
and I'm perfectly fine.

Please explain

can I have your stuff when you die

This was never sold was it?

>It's a sharp pain that last for maybe 15 to 20 mins, it's not enough to drop me to my knees but it's enough to just endure it
>sharp pain
>in liver
>for 15-20 minutes
GO
TO
A
DOCTOR

did anyone end up buying this?

It doesn't even come down to funding the Jews, it's just that I sorta am stubborn. Unless I'm coughing up alot blood then I'll go, I've coughed up some before but I was fine ever since

Attached: 1561834822604.jpg (1000x1001, 193K)

How the FUCK did you use that canteen? The top couldn’t even be opened. And it had warning labels all over it.

But considering you don’t go to doctors and “endure” liver pain, I wouldn’t be surprised if you couldn’t read either.

>That one YouTube unboxing where the guy smells in
>Says in the most deadpan voice ever
>"Smells like shit, by the way"

The Nuca Cola Dark fiasco was magnificent as well. Bethesda took 3 months longer than projected to ship out some shitty alcohol in plastic containers shaped like the Nuka Cola bottles after they tricked customers into thinking they'd be glass. Then in their apology, they said it was more expensive to use the plastic instead of glass.

This thread is scaring me and I don’t even have the fucking canteen.

I’m going to a doctor tomorrow fuck this

No it's going to charity

Attached: wimp.jpg (850x754, 73K)

what if I told you I'm a destitute shitskin

Didn't release in 2012 at all. Pre-orders not even honored. Radio silence from all sources until February 2013 when they announced it was delayed so it could have a simultaneous global launch on WiiU, Playstation, and Xbox. The game was delayed 9 months even though it was done, and they didn't think to tell anyone for 2 months.

>coughs up blood

This dude is trolling us. There’s no fucking way you don’t get spooked by that.

Look man/mam of enough people tell me to go then I'll go, but I still feel as though I shouldn't might as well kill off my gene pool by being Yea Forums's living embodiment of darwinism

Attached: 1516754439976.gif (300x167, 894K)

I'm not it was only a little bit and I was 12 at the time, to me I was probably a little bit but since I was always terrified of telling anybody any problems then I would just keep it to myself

Attached: 1563942473882.png (294x267, 191K)

Dang.

Attached: outfuckingskilled.jpg (1280x658, 70K)

how expensive would it have been to manufacture a few colored chunks of glass? How fucking expensive is glass?

>Pre-orders not even honored.
Isn't this on the stores' end though?

Unrelated, but there was a store in my area years back, and the staff knew they were closing on a certain date. The public wasn't made aware of it. Even on the lead up to that date, staff were trying to get customers to pre-order games even though they knew they wouldn't honour anything and they were just pocketing the money entirely."

What type of shitskin? Dots or feathers?

Attached: images (25).jpg (204x247, 5K)

Uuuh... someone paid actual money for this?

Attached: FeZqSHZ.jpg (974x2200, 236K)

look like a baby or dog toy

Didn't this turn out to be faked?

This shit was proven fake years ago by the way.

>sharp liver pains that bring you to your knees
>doesnt visit a doctor
I hope there arent any games you are waiting for user.

And they ended up having to end out canvas bags anyway lol. Why did they think they would get away with it?

One of the few CEs I've ever purchased. Figure was pretty good. I have no complaints.

Attached: 29d15fc402c16388e4887001cf10f9f6.jpg (750x1000, 135K)

And the bags were shit to boot.

Sonic Forces

Doom eternal and borderlands 3 so far
Look I'm sure I'll be fine

>they used the shitty default suit
if they had just used the classic suit, or even the anti-octopus suit, literally anything else, it would have been pretty sick

F

Halo Reach legendary edition

If it was eight years ago, you're probably fucked anyway

For your sake I hope you will be fine, too.

A little too soon to be putting F for me so soon, don't you think?

Attached: 20170807_001951.png (1007x1526, 1020K)

Which dark souls was this for

was that part of Ds3?

S

I'm sure I will but just incase, I'll update soon, if it's all good to you guys can I now be called liver chan?

Attached: 20180224_103919.png (1080x577, 730K)

Rip

RIP user, he was a fag, but he was OUR fag ;_;7

It was part of a Prima strategy guide bundle thing.

Attached: Bullshot.jpg (1500x960, 238K)

Pain in your liver?? Yea I would call a dr user

Maybe if you update and have actual Liver AIDS.

No. You're name is faggot.

Thank you for the honor of being a fag with all of you, the feeling of comradery warms my liver.

Attached: Screenshot_20190713-140614_Instagram.jpg (1080x1343, 485K)

When's the next chapter of Liveranon, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1507215437795.jpg (720x720, 47K)

Yes sir

Man. that's kinda sad honestly. I got the Faraam knight that shipped with Ds2 a couple years after the release for half off, it's pretty cool looking.

This was the final chapter

Glass might actually be pretty expensive since sand is used in everything

Glass is cheap. Hiring glassblowers to do a bunch of custom figurines is not.

The Arkham series CE's didnt disappoint me maybe some lackluster paintjob but still cool

so you still had to buy the game separately?

I don't think that liver actually sends pain responses to your brain. If you're not joking - you need to go to a doctor. You need to be drinking like a fucking horse at that age to have any sort of alcohol indused illness. Might be gall bladder or some sort of GI issue. And you don't want any GI troubles, trust me. Especially if your pancreas is involved.

yo who designed this thing, dsp?

Yup. The "collector's edition" didn't even get you any DLC either: just the RC toy and the game case.

reminds me of the dying light one where they offered you voice/acting lessons and a role in a movie you was basically going to fund.

youtu.be/kjyeCdd-dl8

Thanks you doctor-user I will consult my nearest hospital tomorrow morning, I'm scared enough to go at this point and I thank you guys for the advice, who knew from just one inocuous post I would probably add another solid 5 years onto my life expectancy

Attached: Screenshot_20180826-120956_Samsung Experience Home.jpg (1080x1920, 768K)

citrus seller, I am going to make fajitas and I need your strongest lime juice concentrate if I am going be successful.

They are tricking you into wasting your money. At least die with some dignity for fuck's sake.

I forgot the statues weren't exactly favored either.

Attached: 61IYD9ab+fL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x724, 90K)

Dude I've loved without dignity my entire life, I've lost so much money from putting 35k worth of my savings into bitcoin, nothing matters I suppose except for my health at this point

Attached: 20171222_224412.png (1080x1069, 1.23M)

Lived*

I’m already having buyers remorse

Attached: FE81EBE0-818E-4B34-98D4-3A744EF5AD59.jpg (1024x1024, 182K)

You deserve it.

I've gotta ask. What's the deal with the lanyard? So you can carry your game-case around your neck? I don't understand.

>No action packed tripped to Detroit

They just messed up the naming. It implied that it was a special edition for the game but they were just selling the RC Nomad

Attached: 968B943A-EA3B-490E-8AF2-26202AC327D1.gif (540x304, 3.99M)

>Mass Effect Andromeda Collector's Edition
Still amazed the managed to get away with that.
200 bucks for a 50 dollar car, a steel case and no game.
Brilliant EA move though.

It’s a keychain of the game, and this game just got delayed because the panties cost too much to make. Some people already got refunded because of it

Attached: A20B9458-9129-458F-A815-7E39C48E4A26.jpg (1024x582, 109K)

I AM STILL FUCKING FURIOUS. I WANTED THAT FUCKING BOOK

not really false advertising, but still

Attached: wizard's edition.jpg (920x613, 126K)

>boxart is literally a little girl covering her skirt and looking scornfully at you

Bro......

Attached: 4CCCD97D-B4B8-46AE-8C0E-04FEA519B838.jpg (400x260, 24K)

>messed up the naming
EA spends BILLIONS on their marketing departments. There's no way the name was a mistake; it was a deliberate deception.

I'm honestly more confused now than before you answered my question.

What exactly happened with the book?

>I WANTED THAT FUCKING BOOK
Just buy the Japanese NDS version that has it bundled.

then why include the game case?

I thought underage panty quest was supposed to be a parody game??

>this game just got delayed because the panties cost too much to make. Some people already got refunded because of it
For fuck's sake. I wasn't going to buy it, but I still wanted them to have profit to can continue doing silly things.

mate I have dry cough issues and after a few fits I cough up blood because of small ruptures in the throat due to the fits.
Doctors can't do anything about it despite give coughing syrope.
I stopped caring about coughing up blood a long time ago.
Also some people get so spooked they don't dare to go to a doctor and get confronted with something horrible so they endure and hope it goes away.

That edition was in high demand because of that book so obviously they pulled the demand exceeds supply card and they started to revoke pre-orders. However, they sent dozens of them to one fucking ebay store in Canada.

>loved without dignity
great. you probably have chlamydia too

>who cares about death, social media will decide if I must survive
zoom zoom zooooooommm

Just machine shaped colored glass is dirt cheap, like insanely cheap.
Getting custom glass shapes from a glass blower is insanely expensive.
Glass is weird, it's both dirt cheap and expensive as fuck depending on what you want

Attached: LeonKennedy_001.jpg (475x720, 116K)

I still don't understand how they got stuck in there. That show was just stupid sometimes.

Attached: fallout-76-power-armor-edition.jpg (1401x775, 310K)

Anyone saved the user with bib? Makes me repulsed and laugh at the same time

That's fucking bullshit that is.

It's literally because the special edition for one of their sportsball sold like shit and they had a warehouse of cheap little footballs just lying in a warehouse.

Oh and it was EA's decision, they make all the special edition decisions.

Oh and it was hundreds, not dozens. My bad

Oh Lord. That face looks like something from a renaissance-era royalty portrait.

Attached: King Charles II of Spain.jpg (696x400, 30K)

Take your own advice, faggot.

that estus flask
THAT ONE

Are those fucking easter eggs?

Not really special edition but MGSV was supposed to come with a map or some shit

I liked DMC5's Van.

That may be, but did it glow in the FUCKING DARK?!

Attached: Todd 7.jpg (700x400, 154K)

That’s not even what the figure looks like retard

My copy did. It was only a paper one like the PS2 GTA games gave you but it was there.

Attached: doom-the-revenant-statue-13.jpg (800x1067, 143K)

Attached: NCsoft-GW2-Rytlock-Collector-Figure.jpg (940x450, 206K)

Day one edition came with a map

This one has to be the worst if you add the Plastic cover of "Nuka dark". They charged fucking 80 bucks for that.

How did those canvas bags come out that finally... came out?

>Got the DOOM special edition for £20
Good shit

That was never sold though. I remember hearing about how that whole thing was just for publicity and not actually available to buy.

It was funny because they gave out canvas bags to "influencers" who went to their event while paying customers got nylon.

I think they only came out for "journalists."

based hypochondriac user.

Yup but it was really thin canvas.

It's probably made from "recycled" Chinese metal, so it's likely loaded with shit like lead, mercury, cadmium, etc.

haha GOTTEM

Attached: 91mAxmVoShL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x970, 276K)

Why is everything made by and for the Chinese so fucking toxic? Here in Australia in supermarkets we have to sell baby formula behind the counter like tobacco and alcohol now because of the amount of Chinese people stealing the stuff to send to their relatives in China so their babies don’t have to eat poison. Fucking baby formula of all things is limited to 2 per customer and is stored next to tobacco products all because the Chinese can’t make baby formula that won’t kill their kids.

I'll never understand those "collectible coin" things they constantly throw into these packages. A pin or something would be preferable IMO.

It’s literally just cheaper and easier to manufacture. They’re pins without the pin component, they can save a couple cents per unit there.

The reason China is such a major economic power is because they can offer the cheapest industrial manufacturing in the world. The reason they can offer the cheapest industrial manufacturing in the world is because there are next to no safety regulations and even less oversight of such matters.

it made me livid when Reggie went on to say that you'll want to get your hands on this limited edition if you re the type to collect.

Except that specific limited edition wasn't sold anywhere but in the NA. Dumbest fucking thing ever. Every other region got stuck with the statue and music.

The ones I have always looked exactly like the promo and are great.

Attached: NBk0mOg.jpg (3072x2304, 850K)

NA get shut out of cool collectibles oddly frequently, and I can't say I know why.

You for real? Feels like NA gets all the collectibles. So many times and so many games I've waited to hear an announcement later on that a collectible will be available in EU..

>little to no regulations
>literal billions of potential workers who have little choice to work in any other industry
No wonder no one else can compete. Except maybe India. Some African countries are undergoing rapid modernisation too, but they lack the numbers that China and India have.

Huh. I feel like it's usually the other way around. That said, I don't do pre-orders let alone collector's editions, and on top of that I'm a Nintendofag, so I'm far from an expert on this topic.

Link's Awakening and Astral Chain both dicked the US in CEs recently didn't they?

Unironically Watchdogs, I bought the special edition for like 15 Dollars in gamestop basically brandnew and the figure is pretty decent

The only collector edition thing I bought was the Horizon Zero Dawn Thunderjaw box, I thought it was pretty cool

It's obviously a joke you fucking retard

I always like the FFXIV ones. Especially Zenos from Stormblood

If she's looking scornfully at you the least she can do is show the goods.

So, you can even lodge them in your ass? Too bad, those had just the right shape.

NA hasn't gotten a decent Nintendo collector's edition in a while.

kek

That's not your liver, you probably have gallstones