Why do people think paid online is ok?

Why do people think paid online is ok?

Attached: 5d043b08bd286acc2e323ae455ad3bfd5f2c9ca8_hq.jpg (1024x571, 41K)

Because it filters out riffraff poorfags like you

>consolebaby
>not already poor

Because console gaming started when the internet was new and hosting servers was extremely expensive. The only reason why they haven't failed because of paid online is that a large portion of their sales (looking at you ps4) are supplemented by third world countries.

Console incels are already used to being treated like worthless cattle. What's the harm in charging them for being able to use their own internet? It's not like the sheep can do anything about it anyway.
Its just an idiot tax.

Xbox somehow convinced a entire generation that you should be happy with paying for p2p multiplayer. People will now actively defend it saying that its only $x.xx a month and you are too poor for it.

Nobody does, there's just nothing anyone can do about it.

paid online was around before Xbox, zoomer

I honestly don't mind paying for a better online service, the problem though is that you drop the cash and don't get any higher quality of a service in return most of the time.

Attached: bad news.jpg (1440x1440, 160K)

No, it's not only that. Think of the market of the online console audience. Sure there is some correlation and crossover with some underage fags who play on PC. But what absolute retard pays for a service to play an online game with a majority of underage kids, who are going to provide and objectively lesser experience, due to the sheer fact of being underage kids.

99% of people are absolutely terrible at voting with their wallet
See: The bystander effect

Consolecucks are paypigs who need to be bled

>service
This is just something they have tricked you into thinking. They are not providing a service. If it weren't for the fact that the consoles are closed platforms where they control what you can do (unless you hack) then you'd be able to play online for free as long as some fan makes a netplay tool. Netplay is a function of the game, not of the console/platform. There's servers too, but firstly people put WAY too much emphasis on how big a deal dedicated servers are, secondly a lot of games that require payed online don't even use them, and thirdly they are again more of a function of the game than the console, microsoft/sony aren't paying for those servers (as far as I'm aware anyway)

The reason online is free on PC isn't because Valve is just such a nice company, it's because you literally can't get away with it on PC. There would be no reason for people to pay since your "service" is something the community can do themselves, and frankly something that the developers would gladly do for free anyway if it weren't for the platform owners forcing them to gate their online behind their subscription.

>Why yes I DID pay for my monthly injection of poison. Stupid poorfags can’t kill them selves fast like me!

Basically this.

There's nothing you can do about it. The genie is out of the bottle. Blame Microsoft for starting the trend and raking in loads of cash, and investors for pressuring Sony and Nintendo into making as much money as possible.

It's not like $20 a year is really that big of a deal. But I'm not paying $60 just to dunk on kids online in Smash. If it ever gets that expensive, I'll just start going to tournaments instead.

Attached: 1560528980097.jpg (900x722, 87K)

>It's not like $20 a year is really that big of a deal.
I already pay monthly for my internet, fuck paying more

>paying to use your the internet connection you already paid for

Why is this allowed?

Console faggots

What kind of retarded analogy is that

Just because you pay money for something doesn’t make it or you a better product or person.

What does this comment have to do with my reply to that post? Are you a paranoid schizophrenic?

Nobody ever implied that you dumbshit.

No. Stop fucking throwing money at things

You sir, refer to this
And someone find that “if a community gets its laugh by being retarded” quote

Consoleshitters subhumans aren't known for being smart.

I never even implied that I do, all I was doing was rightfully calling your analogy retarded. Find a therapist dude

on ps4 i just create a dummy account and put in my debit then get 2 weeks free, been doing it for years

>Gaslighting

> But what absolute retard pays for a service to play an online game with a majority of underage kids
adults who want to win 100% of the time

I don't like it but I'll have to go along with it.

Attached: 411full.jpg (391x443, 27K)

Because you can't really fight it unless you swear by PC and nothing else. It also helps that the poorfag children that Mommy and Daddy would never even let get a Runescape membership (read: Me) are grown ass adults with their own income and will buy subscriptions if they play games enough to warrant it

>Because it filters out riffraff poorfags like you
>I never even implied that I do

Join the Nintendo fun club today dude

>sir
>taking a shitpost seriously

go back

>Setup a server that’s constantly running 24/7 that costs electricity and maintenance cost
>Fags think that they should only pay their money once and that’s it

Attached: 9FE77375-2F56-4CD1-81E3-CB1CFB967A39.jpg (1280x720, 310K)

Back where?

I thought they have a limit on your console for how many free accounts you can get or something

>paying so you can use a P2P connection.

Earth is best girl

When Xbox was the only one who charged for online it was easily the fucking worst one. Nintendo had a shitty one of course, but I doubt they ever intended online to ever be a main feature like the Xbox.

That wasn't me. What kind of subhuman trash doesn't use 4chanx? I bet you're a phoneposter, which makes sense with how stupid you seem to be

stockholm syndrome

As shitty as XBL and Nintendo still are, I miss the Miiverse

that's for the 2 day trial, the 14 day trial on psn store is infinite with a new account

Based and richpilled

I've seen some shitty analogy in my day but this one really takes the cake

This and also keeps out a lot of third worlders

But it's almost exclusively 3rd worlders.

Bros I'm about to sign up for a month of PS Plus. Talk me out of it.

Perhaps they shouldn't have made gaming all about online multiplayer then?

That's money you could spend on pizza you dumb nigger. But do you, I suppose.

I will never spend $10 on pizza in one sitting fatass. Come up with something better.

They have all the data on every game you ever played.

Imaging being an employer who can look at how much time a recent college graduate applying for a job spent playing Fortnite. This is progress.

Get a year instead. Or get nothing at all if you don't play multiplayer games or you play free to play and/or subscription based games like FFXIV

Can buy a pint of gin and drown the pain for the rest of the night.

>in one sitting
you dont have to eat it all in one sitting, fatass. enjoy being a weak bitch with no pizza.

Long ago yeah, it was a true statement. People who paid for online stuff were people interested on playing and actually putting a tad of effort, even if minimum, nowadays you see no brainers all over the place, specially on co-op games.

Attached: 1556427675727.jpg (400x524, 42K)

>he never bought pizza to eat with the bros
oh no no no no look at this dude

I'm not spending the same amount I would on a game to use my own internet on the same game. I want to play one multiplayer game that requires it.
I am not old enough to drink.
I'm not buying a fuck ton of pizza to have sit in the fucking fridge forever. If I had someone to eat with maybe I'd get that much pizza at once but I don't. :(

>"so it says here that you never completed a platinum map on the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer"

Attached: Interviewing anon the vidya story.jpg (960x641, 56K)

>I'm not buying a fuck ton of pizza to have sit in the fucking fridge forever.
Good lord nigga, how much pizza do you think you can get for $10 that isnt the microwaveable or oven-cooked ones?

Make lie big enough and repeat it often enough etc
This is bullshit

True

>I-I-I cleared the the insanity difficulty so it doesn't matter!

I don't know anything about the pizza economy. I've never bought a pizza pie on my own but I have bought individual slices. I'm just making an estimated guess really.

What game?

>i'm not old enough to drink
Then go to your parent's cupboard and fucking take a sip you fucking asshole.

The Kill la Kill game. I don't know how much I'm going to be playing. I have a feeling I might get bored quick.
Okay, I'm not old enough to drink and I don't want to drink. I don't like the taste and I do not like the idea of being intoxicated.

When Xbox live came out I thought it was a little pricey (60$ a year I think) but it took your already fun game (halo 2) and let you play with people around the world instead of at LAN parties. Then Nintendo came out with a Free online service and we quickly figured out why you pay for a better service with Xbox. The one thing I don’t really get is paying 60$ for a PC game and then paying a monthly subscription.

So you bend over for random cocks in the restroom at the grocery store while your mom is buying your lunch supplies for the week and swallow the nut but you don't like the idea of drinking alcohol. Interesting.

I really don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Perhaps you are projecting?

>have to pay for the device
>have to pay for the game
>have to pay for your own internet service
>have to pay for the "privilege" of being allowed to use your own internet service as a peer to peer host to play with others online

Attached: 1561923645526.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

>Kill la Kill game
Shit is it coming out this month or something? Haven't been keeping track.
Are you into fighter in general? Might want to wait and see if the game will be good or not before you commit to ps plus then.

Also
Retards alcohol is a meme just like smoking and drugs in general. You're literally killing braincels with every sip you take. Grow up and stop pretending to be an adult and actually become and adult.

Yeah it's shit and you can thank Microsoft for it.

it comes out tommorow in Japan and Friday everywhere else. There's a demo up, I know I like it but I don't know how fast I'll get bored online.

I stopped buying consoles because of it

Since when did their servers become your internet?

Good for you user I mean it.

I don't pay for my Xbox Live. In fact, I got a free years worth just earlier today.

Reminder that you can spot the poorfags by seeing who thinks rich people can just throw money away.

Attached: herbert.png (1047x978, 157K)

T.poorfag
Rich people don't give a fuck. Things that look outrageous to you are trivial for them.

>pay for water
>have to also pay for electricty to heat the water
wtf hot water is a scam!

>What is alcohol, tobacco, coffee, soda, energy drinks.
LOL @ poorfag

americans are used to getting ripped off.

Attached: 1415993941639.png (720x720, 327K)

>paid online becomes the norm
>no more hispanic kids with their whole extended family, dog, and vacuum being heard over the mic
Win.