New Metal Gear game to be announced this year or 2020

This is Kazunobu Uehara. mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,52651/

Kazunobu Uehara was THE main programmer of MGS1-2-3 (so, he wasn't a small guy), he also had a role in MGA1 and MGS4, but left just after MGS4 for an unknown reason , he then worked at Namco Bandai.

However, when nobody was watching, Uehara actually returned at Konami after 8 years, and got the role of General Manager in the Technical Development Department of the vidya team back in March 2017 konami.com/games/corporate/en/news/release/20170331/

Here's the catch though. Uehera was found in NONE of the projects since his arrival at the company, when he's supposed to have a big role. so on what the hell is he working? he's specially in the vidya division so no pachinkos (they are dead since 2018 anyway) or arcade games made by Konami amusement

If he isn't with the rest of the MG team in the credits of Contra Rogue Corps, then we will have the answer : a new metal gear game.

However, a question remain, on what game? a completely new one? or something else?

The answer probably is a remake, of either MGS1 or MGS3 (probably easier to do since they already have some assets and woudn't need to remake the whole maps unlike MGS1.), for the next gen. Since Uehara worked on the original MGS1 and MGS3, it would just make sense. however it may also be something completely different.

What would you like for the next MGS? we will have the answer of it's creation in september judging the credits of the next Contra.

Attached: a30c9aed674e78eb9497dd6faa291d83.jpg (2700x1920, 528K)

i heared some one say mgs isn't dead that they were working on it since the release of mgs tpp. I would not be supprised if there was a new mgs out it makes a lot of money why not

The franchise ended with MGS 3. Everything past that is non-canon to me. Remakes are a waste of developmental time. I'm moving on with my life on to other games.

just reboot the series

Any new MGS wlll be soulless. 5 was already pushing it.

hello zoom!

>I'm a zoomer for thinking the franchise ended in 2004
The only way this insult makes sense is if you think the series ended sooner.

>falling for the ruse
It was already announced. It’s called Death Stranding.

Considering Survive was very probably a MGO3 dlc first juding by the first gameplay video and some files...
MGO3 was supposed to have a lot of DLC like MGO2, but because it was dead even in 2016, they cancelled them. (there's still some trace of a playable Miller in the files.)
a reboot probably wouldn't work, unless it's a soft reboot in the same universe with still some connected plot.
Have another director than Kojima and i'm sure it could give a breath of fresh air to the serie.

They should create a new game with the same programmer. I like MGS a lot but I wish they would let the series die already. Tired of seeing characters and stories I love being dragged back up and only to be ruined by improper treatment

>Okay timeline: Ports of the PS3 remaster
>Good Timeline: Remakes of either MGS or Snake Eater
>Best Timeline: MGS, Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater all get remakes and gets bundled in a collection

you're a zoomer for playing the metal gear series last year and thinking you're special for parroting everything your father figure 4channel.org/v/ says

OK this is epic. No Kojima to fucked it up, a god tier engine. Nothing can go wrong this time.

They can still softreboot the serie with a new cast, or just make new stories. having a new director probably would change a lot of things.
Considering MGS4 was supposed to be made by Murata, i would love to see his own MG like it was supposed to before the outcry.
If Konami could recruit back this guy, then Fukushima could 100% return if he want to.

i am thinking mgs survival was worked on by kojima I am thinking he worked at least 75 percent on that game then when it got released and it was shit he distanced him self from it. he did say he wanted to make a zombie mgs game, its a good example of it in death stranding which i am guessing is a zombie game.

i'd like either a remake of MGS3 or a remake of MGS1 that diverges with a totally new MGS2. no S3, no Patriots, just a straight sequel. basically an alternate universe thing.

>You're a zoomer for parroting the boomer opinion
Cool, sure, so I'm a "zoomer" roleplaying as a boomer, but what I said is correct nonetheless. Thanks for playing.

my vote is for a miller game in the same time as TPP. Just give me more retro future with 80s soundtrack. I wanna feel like motherfucking jean claude van rambo

DS is nothing like MG user....
He was the one who proposed to make a MG game with Nanomachine zombies in the first place, then said in 2016 "yeah MG have nothing with zombies...", i like Kojima games but he himself is a big hypocrite.

Attached: 1563573844609.jpg (342x478, 8K)

>Kazunobu Uehara was THE main programmer of MGS1-2-3 (so, he wasn't a small guy)
he was a big guy for me?

How about a MGS1 remake with the RE2 remake treatment, so with some changes and addition to the story?
Honestly a MG1-2 remake would be better but it would be a very risky moves, those game require so much changes in the story and gameplay it would be like making a full MGS6.

It's been 4 years, Caramel.

Attached: let it go.jpg (600x324, 22K)

I hate all you remake faggots

T. Masahiro ito
can't blame the guy, it was confirmed he was working on a SH game just before PT but it also got cancelled for an unknown reason.

Attached: trmake.png (539x211, 27K)

>Metal Gear Fox
>Play as Gray Fox
>Takes place after TPP and leads into MG
This and MGR2 are all I want and then the franchise can die for good.

>Considering MGS4 was supposed to be made by Murata, i would love to see his own MG like it was supposed to before the outcry.
Absolutely agreed on seeing his non-kojimbo'd finale.
But I dont think a softreboot for MGS would work, because whats a Metal Gear game without Snake or Ocelot? Could work, but doubtful. The new characters would need masterclass voice actors and writing to overshadow the original cast.

>Ito knows that remakes are always trash and worthless as a concept
HOLY FUCKING BASED
Now if only the average Yea Forumsirgin listened to him

It's a Metal Gear Liquid game, with Liquid during the gulf war, the intro include some part of Kingdom of flies in the pov of Liquid.

Attached: lfw0sze0h6z01.jpg (2766x4669, 735K)

What if MGR2 protag was Gray Fox? Could see it happening

softreboot idea
game is in the future with a new snake called Plasma Snake, Snake is very similar to solid snake when young, some familiar character return.
plot twist is that this Snake is an IA in a cyborg body, made by Otacon because he missed Solid Snake too much.
As for the voice actors...Well, Hayter already is confirmed to return as Snake for the future.

t.ranny zoomer.

Konami could print money with MGR2. They don't even need Kojimbo or their own people for that. Just give it to Platinum Games and it'll sell regardless of all the drama around Kojima leaving.

No, MGR2 should follow Raiden after MGR1. Gray fox is far too weak for a MGR2 and this was Kojima idea for a MGR2, gray fox against nanomachine zombies, it got rejected by plat because Kojima did nothing in MGR1.

David Bowie with tits? That just might be the most Japanese thing I've ever seen

Imagine a MGS made by western devs. It would fix everything.

Just revive mgs:r, it needed less than a year of dev before getting cancelled by kojimbo and was already on the fox engine.
According to a translator who worked on it, it was literally the best mg story, and not even written, or even produced/directed by Kojima.

If we get a MGS3 remake on the FOX engine I will lose my shit

Attached: Punished K.jpg (1050x1152, 587K)

I hold similar sentiments. Series went retcon crazy after Snake Eater too and that didnt help.

>ywn play as a young Frank Yeager
>ywn crawl through the mud at night, sneak into an enemy camp and systematically slit the throats of all your enemies as a child soldier
Honestly speaking, why do I even bother living?

Attached: image.jpg (380x760, 81K)

>yfw mgs3 remake, but the game end with the boss killing big boss and her getting cloned instead, creating a new timeline with younger version of the boss as protag and enemies.
>mgr2 on the other hand would end the old timeline for good'

Attached: v1ifixqr3zg11.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

Going to be better than death stranding and expose hideo.

The only game I want to see is a MG1 remake where Solid Snake infiltrates Mother Base (Much larger than TPP's) and has to deal with everything Venom dealt with in TPP
>Skulls boss fight
>Man on Fire boss fight
>Mosquito sniper duel
>The rebuilt Sahelanthropus after the Kingdom of the Flies mission in MGSV
>Venom Snake CQC/maybe normal duel.
Venom Snake gives his Headband to Solid Snake, the same one the boss used.

Attached: big boss.png (350x350, 185K)

Solid never fought Skulls, or Volgin (who died for good after realizing that Venom isn't Naked Snake) or any soldier that was named Mosquito in MG1 so why would he fight these characters in a MG1 remake?

Metal Gear Acid 3

would be cool if it was you play as grey fox and the last level is you infiltrate shadow mosses and see the events of mgs 1 through the eyes of grey fox

Funny story : Konami actually asked the mga director to do a new mg. But he didn't wanted to. He's still at the company though.

Because a mg1 remake would take place on Mother Base, where they are. Yeah no shit he didn't fight them on an MSX game that hadn't had any lore established yet.

>mg1 remake
>post credit scene with a dying venom snake seeing ghost of the Mgsv character
>skull face shows up... And you start to fight him, like it was always supposed to
Would be kino.
>after the fight, venom stumble on the ground. And his former self (the medic) come as a ghost and finish him off.

Attached: photo.png (250x251, 77K)

Msx games already had some and the boss of MG1 were referenced in mgs4.

So you just want to retcon them into existence so you can fight them as Solid Snake? Even if that happened it still wouldn't make sense. Why would Venom use the Skulls? He can't even control them. Volgin is dead. Mosquito could be a boss I guess but who the fuck cares about him enough to put him in as a boss? Sally is just straight fucking retarded to put in because there's already a Metal Gear in MG1.

Konami was recruiting people for MGS6 straight after MGS5. This isn't a surprise.

I think remakes are more likely than a mgs6 for the near future honestly.
But it's confirmed the game isn't survive, because survive was almost 100% made by old devs.

I fully expected an MG1/2 remake the moment Kojima got canned. It just hinged on when Konami started hurting and needed the guaranteed financial boost

MGS4 remaster
new silent hills
new frogger

If a new Metal Gear game was designed by another relevant member of the golden age I'd be down to give it a shot. But if it's just an obvious cash in on the name like a remake would be, hard pass. I'd rather the series died than that

Proof please?

Hello kronies

>But if it's just an obvious cash in on the name like a remake would be, hard pass
This is Konami. They that decided pachinko machines were a better investment than video games a long time ago. Anything they make will be a cash grab.

False. Pachinko is the least profitable market of Konami right now and they more or less stopped pachinkos. Only 3 pachinkos from niche franchise were made since 2018. In comparaison in 2016 alone they made 6 pahhinkos of big franchises.

Not gonna lie MGS 4 was shit only the first 2 levels were good rest is all shit

Didn't like the nostalgia in the shadow moses act?

Would be nice to play a tonnes down mgr as grey fox more closer to sneaking around stealthy rather then nob stop climax

I hope it's not a MGS3 remake. Please be something new.

No that part only made me mad cos of how ducked up that was so com but no FAMAS why do that?

I hope its a mgs3 fox engine remake. small open jungle maps are perfect for mgs3 and it's survival/hunger mechanic, not to mention The Fear and The End boss fights would be fun as fuck

I hope it's Peace Walker again.

mgs4 remaster only for mgo 2 with dedicated servers and isn't 15 fps

>completely died after snake eater
bullshit

Attached: sombrero raiden.jpg (1332x850, 185K)

why not just have an entirely new cast. i liked when it happened in the AC!D games. it helps not to feel bogged down by remnants of past you had no involvement in that you have to handle with care.

I remember some ruse cruise people saying that august 2019 would be the release for the newest metal gear game / silent hills

It's literally not happening.
Dead series.

Attached: 1524608163591.gif (409x370, 1.8M)

take out kojima and its not really a metal gear game anymore. people call mgs soulless but taking kojima 100% out of the equation would make it truly souless; its his series.

Come on, I just want a PC port of The Legacy Collection.
Bonus points if there's a physical release for the very few people who have Blu-ray drives for their PC.

I agree with you. Fukushima was the real mastermind of the series.

I believe that Ghost Babel was decanonized?

Attached: 1561122598726.png (887x501, 234K)

Wait what? Kojima was the one who canceled it? I thought it was Konami's doing.