Xbox Scarlett specs leak

>Xbox Scarlett specs leak
>the GPU won't even be a "full" (PC-equivalent) sized die
jesus fucking christ, Sony is going to dab on MS again.
twitter.com/KOMACHI_ENSAKA/status/1153157871963521030

Attached: file.png (980x504, 289K)

>impliying PS5 would be any better
Consoles..why even try

Larger dies means more power and console designers are too gay to make real cooling solutions

both are going to be nearly identical

The user has chinese symbols so I believe them

>one pile of shit is better than another pile of shit

Actually end yourself

Attached: 2E03C50C-AD67-44FD-BF52-D598B6157541.png (480x263, 9K)

Because Microsoft realized the attractiveness of a consoles design is in how small it is. Hence the success of the Xbox One S and the PS4 success compared to the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 success compared to the PS3.

are you new?
amd is so dumb they leak shit all the time on userbenchmark. the ryzen 3000 processors were leaked exactly as launched months before reveal.

Why care ? I use PC.

they're pivoting back towards PC

no sir im very old

the only thing that matter is price

If xbox = $300 and ps4 =$500, it doesn't matter about specs, $300 over $500

ps5 launches with ps4 bc = insta win, people won't want to switch platforms because they'll lose games.

>Console fags unironically talking about specs

It's going to be 2020 and console's STILL aren't going to be able to utilize 1080 144hz monitors. Wrap your head around that one when you're buying your "NEXT GEN" console. But hey at least your console is "stronger" than the other.

Neither will PS5. They are going to get cut down 5700's that could not be sold as functional cards. Power and thermal requirements in either shit box would never allow them to have a full fledged card.

>Base:1.6 GHz
>Navi 10LITE
Oh my fucking god, they did it AGAIN.
Jesus christ.

Why would you even buy a console? They're just gimped PCs.

Attached: 1425005345630.gif (352x395, 287K)

That didn't work for the PS3 and it didn't work for the Xbox One. You're retarded and you know damn well the Xbox Scarlett is gonna be backwards compatible like LITERALLY EVERY XBOX EVER MADE

>Weaker than an RX 5700
>Which means Vega 56 tier
>But more likely, RX 590 tier
>Next gen will be slightly stronger than an Xbone X
Fucking hell.

Price is what wins the war, if Microsoft launches with a lower price, they won.

Can someone explain this shit in english for me?

This wouldn't really be that big of a surprise. The PS4 Pro despite being objectively weaker remains the more popular console because it's cheaper and has a better library.

Pretty much. Only reason everyone picked up a Wii was because it was $250, PS3 and Xbox 360 were $400+ and had $60 games

In terms of CPU, it will absolutely trounce the current generation, mostly because the jaguar cores are absolutely disgusting.

Rent to own mindset there's no use arguing with them. Base cost plus launch games cost plus online access cost puts them in the price range of a mid range PC that will last twice as long as the console and be more powerful while actually having productivity and entertainment value. Newer consoles are only going to use additional cores so lil zoom can stream spotify or his gimped play session to twitch. Don't expect devs to actually use multicore or help with consoles retarding the PC games market with shitty ports.

I mean, I told people that this was going to happen.
We were likely going to end up with an 8c/16t CPU (though clocked lower than I was expecting, 1.6 GHz? Seriously?) and a sub-RX 5700 GPU because anything higher just wouldn't fit into the power envelope that consoles are aiming for.

You probably can get away with 3 Ghz, given the 7nm.
But over 3 is not happening.

Xbone didn't have good BC at launch and everyone already bought a PS4 by the time they ramped it up, and PS3 was 2-3 hundred dollars more than what people had payed for their launch PS2s, a way larger leap than you can expect from PS4-5

Meanwhile PS4 has an astronomical install base advantage over Xbone and BC is more important than ever as people are more likely than any previous generation to have a fuckton of huge ass old consoles they don't want to endlessly add to.

Yeah, Xbox One launched at $500 and PS4 $400. Xbox was more due to Kinect. Shot themselves in the foot; last gen was gimmicks not this gen.

>Don't expect devs to actually use multicore
As if that's going to make a difference.

>last gen was gimmicks not this gen

Both consoles making claims of muh RTX with gimped cards. If you were an Eskimo I could sell you ice cubes.

>This chip being leaked
>MS and Sony both going on record telling people "not to think of power in terms of teraflops"
Oh my god.
They're gonna do it.
They're gonna release consoles weaker than fucking Google Stadia.
If we end up with a 6 TFLOP Navi GPU that's outperformed by a Vega 56 in PS5/Xbone 2, then consoles will officially be phone-tier in terms of generational differences.

>again
PFFFTTT
Imagine being a stupid s󠀀onygger.

Attached: Where The Greatest Play.webm (960x540, 2.58M)

if you follow any of this you'd know the ps5 chip is even smaller than the xbox chip. sony are going to get blown the fuck out hard. they even delayed their 2019 console release till 2020 just to get this new tech.

>tfw the best selling game of all time thats been getting updates for 10 years consistently still has to be modded to fully support multicore

They did?

>MS and Sony both going on record telling people "not to think of power in terms of teraflops"
This is mostly because navi is a lot more efficient per tflop than vega.
The radeon 5700 trounce the vega 56, despite the Vega 56 having 10 tflops, vs the 9 on the 5700.
Measuring performance by tflops is as dumb as measuring by bits.

Isn't xbox running at a lower res there?

Stop saying trounce, user

The best game of all time is a console exclusive though.

>Reading comprehension

What does this even mean?

It means next gen is going to be weaker than mid-range RTX 2060/RX 5700 (and possibly GTX 1660 Ti) hardware.

Okay.
But tflops are still dumb.

Not my forte.

Nothing at all, given the newest AMD GPUs are not "full sized dies" as well.

yep. they were supposed to release in 2019 and announce it at e3 2019 for a fall release however leaked info showed sony changed up the ps5 specs around early 2018 to use new amd tech like navi (and we even got rumors that navi was made for ps5 because of this) but then navi got delayed from a january release to just like 2 weeks ago (and even in pc gaming it was a big shock amd didn't announce navi at CES in january). they basically tried to get a one up on microsoft by releasing a year earlier but they had to cancel all their plans including pulling out of e3 2019 because of amd's delay and now both are going to release in 2020.

By "not full sized" OP means that they're literally referred to as "LITE" meaning they're going to be a cut-down RX 5700.

if the game is under 60fps it is utterly unplayable

Do you autistically spaz out everytime you see somebody own a console irl?

Possibly.
But to see where the cuts will be and if there will be stuff to compensate for it, like the Xbone ESRAM stupidity.

Good thing that's not what I said.

It'll probably be like the XboneX, where they slap on extra CUs but murder the clockspeed to keep the unit from exploding.

I just feel bad when they delude themselves into thinking they are ever competing with PC's. I own a toxic PS2 and a fat PS3 myself the former as my go to solution for old games without an emulator and the latter was given to me and had some use playing games with family. Not worth investing in the newer platforms.

let's see it in action first

the xbox one x is less than 100 mhz lower clocked than the rx 480 polaris chip it's based off, and has more CU. 1172 vs 1266

The PS4 is currently the shittiest console and is wiping the floor with the XB1.

When has power ever matters? Its about marketing to the lowest common denominator.

The XboneX is based off of the RX 580.

This implies that everyone owning a PS4 has this ridiculous catalog and will actually know. care about BC.

The reason the PS4 is crushing is because its attracting the most normies, which probably own nothing more than the latest COD.

rx 480 and rx 580 are identical. the rx 580 is a refresh of the rx 480 with better clocks but it's still based off an rx 480 which is polaris 10.

The RX 580 is Polaris 20.

>name console hooker name
>it's underwhelming and expensive
WOW

i just explained both the rx 480 and rx 580 are based off polaris 10. polaris 20 is literally identical in every single way to polaris 10, they just gave it a new name like they gave the rx 480 a new name.

Does this mean that they will have the weaker console, I heard Sony will have software RTX compared to Microsoft having hardware RTX, I'm also hearing that Microsoft has learned from their pricing mistakes with the Xbox One and Xbox One X so the Scarlett could have a lower price, I heard Sony may being going for the same price as the Xbox One in 2013 and the Xbox One X.

Attached: 1558072202563.gif (410x268, 1.62M)

>People being surprised
Of fucking course consoles were gonna cheap out when it came to specs to cut the sales price
The main boost we'll see this gen is CPU thanks to Ryzen, GPUs are gonna be barely better than last gen

Attached: 1369021470844.jpg (422x347, 24K)

I wouldn't be too concerned with which console is weaker. Obviously neither are going to be too expensive and also they can follow up with refreshes if that ever becomes an issue
I'm personally more concerned with how shitty the game exclusivity is going to be. I would love it if we could get away from that but it seems like the only thing these companies can do is buy licenses and developers

Sony will be doing even less games and spending more on third party marketing deals and shit like that, only big games matter

no one knows who will be more powerful but generally the bigger the die size, the more powerful the SoC is. it isn't always the case but it generally is (e.g. the xbox one had a bigger die size than ps4 despite being weaker due to wasted space on esram). we know from MS e3 renders the xbox scarlett is going to be between 380 and 400mm2 which is pretty big for a console. fans who post on forums like beyond3d have been analysing amd's releases and codenames and shit (as well as people like OP's link) and they believe the ps5 is going to be based on a SoC called gonzalo which is supposedly around 315mm2. that means the xbox scarlett gpu is either packing more cpu cores, gpu cores, ray tracing cores or even something we don't even realise.

as for pricing sony have literally gone on record and said ps5 will be a "premium product" for the "hardcore" gamers. everything signals another ps3-tier release at like $500-600.

Here is what i think is gonna happen: 2006 on crack
MS will release a $400 Xbox One X+, a minor upgrade on the current gen, with SSDs to show off the lower load times (how the fuck consolefags can accept 30-80 second loading screens i will never understand)
Sony will go "we can match PC too" and release a $800+ machine that in all truthiness will be decent for the price tag, but no one will like it because its too expensive

I'm glad Microsoft is finally dealing with that issue, I didn't buy a console this gen because Microsoft barely had anything worth getting. How do you make your first mainline Halo game almost Chiefless, what were they even thinking with that?

Just gonna leave this here.
I also remember retards saying next gen would have 32 core parts, because console gamers are kind of dumb.
I wonder what it'll look like when these sub-RX 5700 and sub-Ryzen 5 1600 machines are on the market.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-24 v - Video Games » Thread #468230993.png (1822x136, 38K)

>as for pricing sony have literally gone on record and said ps5 will be a "premium product" for the "hardcore" gamers. everything signals another ps3-tier release at like $500-600.
Oh god

>gonzalo
Fuckin spicny

>exclusives don't matter I can run Quake with Ray tracing!

Attached: 1555163724765.jpg (785x731, 101K)

>Non-Nintendo consoles
>Exclusives
Oof

As the others said, BC didn’t help PS3 and price ultimately win. Brand loyalty doesn’t mean shit. People invested with a large digital library will just rebuy their games anyway. Let’s say you have 30 digital PS4 games that are multiplats. I doubt it even costs more than $200 to acquire the Xbox One equivalents because games don’t hold their value. Especially annualized AAA franchises, you can pick those up for a few bucks at most after a year

Who the fuck games on a monitor? Also 1080p... kek

Im buying Scarlett to play Ninja Gaiden Black, panzer dragoon orta, JSRF and fable 2 at enhanced resolution and good framerates and there's nothing you can do to stop me

Because I want to play actual games not console ports or indie trash.

Given the sorry state of the online stores of sony and nintendo, pretty much all games released on the previous generations are exclusive to PC.
The PS4 PSN in particular is a SHAME if compared to the PS3 one.

>I want to play actual games
>PS4/Xbone
If you need a console with games, just get one of those precise retroboxes then.

When will PC just exterminate consoleniggers once and for all so they stop dragging the industry back

You're as dumb as the consolefags.
It's a clock, you need both pointers.
Consoles are the hour pointer, PC is the minutes pointer.
Consoles dictate when the new generation comes, PCs run the time between the generations.
Break any and you break the clock.

I own PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and a $1500 game rig. Fuck you.

when ps4 btfo the xb1 being stronger and $100 cheaper?

I own an Xbone, Switch, and $1000 gaming PC.
Used to own a PS4, but I literally just got it for Bloodborne then sold it.
I'll probably also sell the Xbone, but thankfully I got it for free.
The era of console exclusives outside of Nintendo platforms is basically over, just these past few months PS4 has lost:
>Yakuza Kiwami 2
>EDF 5
>Digimon Cyber Sleuth
>Tetris Effect
>Dissidia NT
>DoAX 3
to PC.
At this point it's basically just a handful of import-only Jap games and SIE's own first party games.
Unless your console functions as a decent companion platform to a PC (like the Switch) it really doesn't have much to offer.