What would play on it if classic Fallout has the radio?

What would play on it if classic Fallout has the radio?

Attached: gZm5vra.png (640x480, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MD_B4GQkKVI
youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c
youtube.com/watch?v=TzMHvvBqVuY
deviantart.com/red888guns/art/Fallout-USSR-707537006
youtu.be/KaAsBAXq2NQ?t=250
youtube.com/watch?v=5rf1Bn3Rg0o
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8
resurrection.cz/en/
nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/
youtu.be/6l6vqPUM_FE
youtu.be/O5Zsn6tJ2MY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the ambient soundtrack

Probably the original game's soundtrack.

static

youtube.com/watch?v=MD_B4GQkKVI

The radio is the worst addition by bethesda to fallout. The creepy industrial ambient tracks are pure fucking kino and set the mood for the original fallout games perfectly

youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c

fpbp

spbp

thank you, finally one gets it. The og soundtracks are some of the best atmosphere in all of vidya

1950's shit obviously.

BONGO BONGO BONGO

So good.
youtube.com/watch?v=TzMHvvBqVuY

The only correct answer.

>all these retards that don't realize 50's music has been part of the Fallout identity since the beginning
Jesus Christ.

What makes you think we don't? He asked about radio, not a walkman or some other kind of player.

sup todd glad you admit all you did was watch the intro movie before the voiceover kicked in

The only time they played was during the intro cinematic, as a way to juxtapose the harsh reality of the wasteland with some tasty james, and during the credits. Bethesda missed that entirely.

Fallout 2 takes place at a point when radio stations likely (and should) exist.
Avellone specifically asked for people to send in 50's tunes for the Fallout tabletop games he had going during Van Buren's development you stupid sheep.

The game overall has the "atomic age" aesthetics, though. But he's still retarded.

avellone barely worked on fallout 2 and his ideas for van buren were full retard themepark

Two things: Fallout is not Avellone's creation and that doesn't change the fact that the OST for the first two games consisted 99% of dark ambient tracks, with the 50s music being used incredibly sparingly.

>likely
Sure. One or two. With who knows what power and regularity. I bet they won't be just blasting music 24/7 for free.

>(and should)
Says who? Your retarded ass?

First mod I always install is Classic Fallout Music for NV/3/4

This.

>TFW we'll never get another isometric Fallout

Attached: Isometric New Vegas.jpg (1192x670, 205K)

Cute. Is that just a drawing?

Read the Fallout Bible sometime kids. Don't be a sheep and mindlessly parrot stupid shit.

Attached: Capture.png (730x258, 35K)

I don't mind the first person perspective, I mind that Bethesda's writing is shit.

are you trying to make a point? fallout bible is avellone's van buren drivel, not from the creators of fallout

Yeah.

Attached: fallout__ussr__part_2_by_red888guns_dcatqoc-pre.jpg (1192x670, 196K)

Avellone is not the authority on Fallout. That would be Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky.

>fallout bible is avellone's van buren drivel
Wrong. You'd know that if you actually read it.

>Sure. One or two. With who knows what power and regularity. I bet they won't be just blasting music 24/7 for free.
Nigga, there's tons of shit way more advanced than a radio in Fallout 2. There's Vault city with tons of advanced shit including computer and advanced medical facilities, there's also many towns with full electric power. You even restart of nuclear reactor in Gecko to power a big chunk of the wasteland you dimwit. Of courses they should have radio

The fuck? I never played anything past Tactics. Is that Moscow?

hardbass

Yeah, it's just fan art.
deviantart.com/red888guns/art/Fallout-USSR-707537006

Attached: fallout__ussr_by_red888guns_dbp8z1q-pre.jpg (1192x670, 159K)

Avellone had access to all kinds of design documents when he put the Fallout Bible together. Until you can produce something that opposes the idea that Fallout has always been associate with 50's aesthetics, it'd be incredibly stupid to disregard Avellone's statements.

Why should Vault City broadcast anything to the outside world?

>many towns with full electric power
Such as? The chink one? Those have no reason to broadcast Grandfather Mao's teachings into the wasteland. I guess I could see NCR or New Reno. But that's exactly "one or two" and only Reno has any reason to put some effort into it for obvious reasons.

>Gecko
Lol you fucking what? Yeah, all those ghouls really want to be found and get killed.

I never said that Fallout wasn't associated with 50s aesthetics; I said that 50s music was never an integral part of the first two in the same way that Bethesda made it.

50's music goes with 50's aesthetic you retard. If they purposefully went for a 50's look, if they had an in-game radio they would have went with 50's tunes as well.

>Fallout
>isometric
Nope.

But ATOM RPG has been out for a while

Off topic, but I love that the developers had the balls to give you the 'bad ending' by helping Gecko restore the power plant. I wasn't expecting the outcome of Vault City enslaving them, but it makes perfect sense.

Found the zoomer

Attached: Fallout 2 NPC.png (596x600, 106K)

>avellone said it so it doesn't count! he has nothing to do with fallout it has to be from tim or leo!
youtu.be/KaAsBAXq2NQ?t=250
Eat shit retard.

I think he's just being pedantic because it's not a true isometric view like xcom has for example.

Is that a bear playing on a fucking banjo? Rad

fallout fanboys are literally the worse.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Nobody's arguing that Fallout wasn't inspired by retrofuturism
They're saying that the retrofuturism was a lot less exaggerated in the first two games.

What guns do you want to see in a Fallout game?

Attached: fallout guns.png (800x1000, 77K)

Fallout is exaggerated by its very nature.

>Such as? The chink one?
Nearly all of them are electrically powered, except maybe hobo hubs and tribal camps.
>New Reno
>Frisco
>NCR
>Vault City
>Broken Hills (you even fix the air purifier all the way inside the mines, indicating a pretty advanced electric installation)
>Gecko
>Redding (You can even see the neons working on the front of the Malamute Saloon).
>The Den (Same as redding, several building contains lamp, neons and visibly working electric installations)

Only Modoc and Klamath are likely too much of shitholes to be powered.

Out of these, Frisco, Reno, NCR, and Redding would have obvious reason to broadcast shit to the world. Vault City probably would only broadcast internally.

Let's face it, Fallout 2 was smart enough to understand that many years after the bomb, people would pull their finger off their arse and try to rebuild shit. It's a wasteland, but not completely caveman-tier.

More Cold War era guns like the FAL

This makes me sad.

I came here to post this, thinking it a hot take, but here it is, in the fifth post. Sasuga Yea Forums.

You now remember that Gecko was headed by a mutant rat.

Attached: Fo2_The_Brain.png (240x180, 83K)

And I'd like to point out I'm not advocating for Radio in Fallout 2. I'm perfectly fine with the ambiance soundtrack we have. Just that it wouldn't be that much out of place considering radio broadcasting is far from being rocket science and that you could make one from scratch and broadcast from your garage pretty easily if you wanted.

no dude whacky 50's lmao but its like 2077 ahhhh xD

Thank god.

Wasteland 2, ATOM RPG and UnderRail are essentially modern isometric Fallout's and fucking nobody and I mean NOBODY gives a fuck about those.

Attached: doge_hmm.jpg (525x525, 62K)

hold me, the memories are too strong
what did they do to our game

Just turn the radio off?
3, 4 and New Vegas all still have ambient music. Hell NV's reuses a ton of ambient tracks from 1 and 2.

There have been daily UnderRail threads hitting the bump limit.

More like 2177.

Come back with your quads sir

kys zoomer

I created a thread asking if the recently released expansion pack was any good and got literally 0 replies. That was yesterday.

There's actually several different outcome. Restoring the powerplant only will ease the tension between Gecko and Vault CIty and they are basically stuck in a non-agression pact. Restoring AND optimizing it will lead to Vault City invading and enslaving the ghouls, unless you go out of your way with a convoluted and buggy quest which end up in a better ending for Gecko

and it sucks, everything just looks like someone was going to come back and put things in maps but forgot

>unless you go out of your way with a convoluted and buggy quest which end up in a better ending for Gecko
Is this in the base game or restoration mod? I've never heard of this.

>Frisco
Already wrote about them. Chinks are not exactly welcoming to outsiders in the game as well.

>Reno
The only one who actually has good reasons.

>NCR
Kinda sorta? "Come to us we have lots of law, order and... uh... sticks up our butts."

>Redding
"Come to us, we have mines. There's ore in mines. Also weird alien fucks who will rape your ass."

>Let's face it, Fallout 2 was smart enough to understand that many years after the bomb, people would pull their finger off their arse and try to rebuild shit. It's a wasteland, but not completely caveman-tier.
Never argued that. You may notice it if you read carefully what I wrote again. I'm arguing against people living on the ruins of civilization spending resources frivolously. And running radio with music for absolutely no gain is exactly that. Only Reno has an obvious motivation, which is ads. As if Reno needed to become more of a shithole.
You could argue about Den, in fact. Healthy slave trade and all that. But that might attract the wrong kind of people too.

What do Fallout and Persona games have in common?

Both became relevant at 3.

Wh-Where did the whale come from?

Attached: D6UjZmCV4AAkOQC.jpg (821x1024, 103K)

>Such as?
literally all of them you fucking retard. even the homes in the fucking Den had lights at night

It's a reference to Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy.

IIRC it's yet another 1980's TV reference that only unironic boomers will get.

Fallout become irrelevant at 3.

Attached: Fallout Defined.png (1024x1382, 1.86M)

>Just a dumb reference
Well that's boring.

I clocked around 100 hours in Wasteland 2 (30 in the base guy right before they released the Director's cut so I had to start over in a 70 hours playthrough.

It was fine and enjoyed it overall, but I can't undertand how they could end up with such shitty combat, while all they had is to copy what was done in older game, would it be Fallout or Jagged Alliance II. There wasn't even a prone stance, ffs. Fucking lazy fuckers.

Underail is still discussed frequently, tho. There was a Underrail build thread this morning.

UNDER THE HEAVY SEA
I'LL SEARCH THE FLIGHT OF WHAAAAAAAALES

>I'm arguing against people living on the ruins of civilization spending resources frivolously
Morale is a pretty big factor in times of crisis, and something radio would certainly help with. It's not impossible for someone to have running a radio station as a hobby either.

i meant in the sense that everyone would've been hard into the 50's style before the bombs fell, for some reason

Fallout 3 would've been better if Bethesda fooled the player into thinking the wasteland was inhospitable but when you leave it's roughly New Vegas/ Fallout 2 levels of civilization.

what are the bottom games

Fallout Shelter (mobile game), Fallout 4, and Fallout 76.

Okay, that's more like it. It would be fairly short-range to both avoid attracting the wrong kind of attention and avoid wasting power, though. So similar to Vault City, only for their own people.
The enthusiast ones are the best contender, but then a neighbour would see it, tell others and then suddenly the hobbyist might be faced with several people concerned by the radio potentially drawing the attention of raiders or someone with similarly non-beneficial intent.

power would most likely be a non issue when you consider just how fucking powerful a single fission battery is

This 15mm APFSDS smoothbore monstrosity would be a great endgame "big gun" alternative to gauss and plasma snipers

Attached: iws_2000.jpg (500x252, 20K)

Bugged in the base game, you need the community patch, iirc.

Redding heavily rely on the "outer world". They need to attract prospector, fresh blood miners and investors? They have all the reason in the world to broadcast shit. Of course, they won't talk about the wanamingo that will skullfuck you, but that's another story.
NCR could have reason too. You complete quests in the game where you learn that the NCR rely on trade with other cities, including Redding btw, with trade caravan and such. Reaching out isn't really that dumb for us.

Again, I'm not advocating for broadcasting music in Fallout 2. Simply that having radio broadcast, would it be music or announcement/adverstasing would not feel that much out of place.

I love how all the protags in fallout games are like gods among men

This but unironically.

Redding probably makes the most sense, since they're in a three way trade 'conflict' with NCR, VC, and NR.

Yeah, I especially love the courier after lonesome road
I thought he was just a normal courier, but after the DLC, the tales of how he traversed the wasteland and started a settlement reminded me of the original protags

For a exploded whale, it doesn't look that bloody. Could they not find reference vids of those beached whales that explode?

Tell that to my 2 INT Fallout 2 protag that could only finish the main quest because someone was fed up with my dumb ass and did a huge quest for me because I was to retarded to do it.

Vault Dweller is still the GOAT.
Fallout 1's ending is so kino.

Attached: Fallout_1_Ending_Killing_the_Overseer.gif (249x240, 1.82M)

Convincing. I agree.

Low INT runs are the best in Fallout 2.

Attached: 1554307200990.jpg (647x481, 69K)

I’d like to see guns ranging from the 60’s to 80’s, but mostly guns that make sense in the setting, how to so many Chinese assault rifles end up in DC?

>reference vids

Attached: youtube.png (315x407, 97K)

implanted chink spies

>Are you a water chip?

Aren't the Shi mentioned in Fallout 4, indicating that they're on the east coast as well?

Yes, no kind of videos ever existed before YouTube. You fucking retard.

dont be mad at him, he was born in 2006

Go find me a video of exploding whales in a VHS store, my man.

>I'm arguing against people living on the ruins of civilization spending resources frivolously. And running radio with music for absolutely no gain is exactly that.
Congratulations: you missed the most important themes of the game.

Would’ve worked better if the game was set in 2080-90, with people still remembering the war and the capital wasteland would’ve made sense then, but not 200 years after

I would sooner trust anyone in this thread than Bethesda to tackle fallout again

>what is Discovery Channel

Fallout is just an aesthetic to them. It needs to have the Brotherhood of Steel™, super mutants™, Nuka-Cola™, the Enclave™ and so on.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rf1Bn3Rg0o

Exploding whale video recorded in 1970.

The first time I played FO3 I actually expected the whole "inhospitable wasteland" bit to be Todd trying to fool me, pretty disappointing honestly, but Bethesda's not that clever.

That's just the way they wanted it to be.

I've seen a dead whale or two on there I think but not one that exploded. Purposefully looking for this particular thing just to make a joke in a video game a bit more realistic seems like a waste of time to me.

Wonder what kind of asspull will they think of to have super mutants in the next Fallout game.

It's amazing how lorefags still eat it up, e.g. they were absolutely fine with having muties in 76 because "lmao somebody dropped FEV in the river".

Bethesda sure know their audience.

the explore music in Fallout games is the best music

user, those aren't lore fags
those are retards who pretend to care about lore
most lore fags just about had it in 3, and quit after 4

Are there any commenters claiming that they saw it on a tape they rented or bought in a store? Because otherwise your effort was wasted.

My question is how the fuck are the Brotherhood in West Virginia during 76.

dubstep, trap, and screamer

techno niggers can't get a bus working

An rifle would be too cumbersome and big to conceal for a spy, though there was a location of ghoul chinese soldiers, even then I’d argue it’s slightly out of place, having it be a unique weapon would’ve been a better choice

I think it’s mentioned by a character that lived in San Francisco prior to the in game events but I’m not sure

Wasn't there a presentation by one of the main guys behind fallout where he explained that references would be only included in the game if they also made sense/were funny for someone who didn't understand the reference?

Because if you don't know about HHGTTG, this whale will make no sense at all for you.

>those aren't lore fags
Yeah that's what you would think right. However, I went on /r/fallout/ discord and they were all like "the game perfectly explains this", "there are no contradictions of any kind" etc etc.

it's hidden in the houses
only for use when full on assault is happening

That's complete bull because 1 and 2 are full of jokes and references about the developers themselves that only they would get.

user
why would anyone that cares about fallout, and I mean the real fallout, go to reddit, let alone use discord

?

>Fallout is just an aesthetic to them
Decent way of looking at it.

oh I see, you're one of those
carry on

>if they had an in-game radio
But they didn't.
Bethesda could have followed the classic games and used a 50s tune to setup the setting and give an idea of the world that is gone, but instead they added a GTA radio blasting music all the time.

What are you even talking about?

it's 50s futurism, so yeah the music would be like the 50s.

I was curious what they thought of 76. Wanted to get some alternative opinions, so to speak.

Still, you can't dismiss them entirely, they're arguably the largest Fallout fanbase right now.

I believe the where too afraid of actually taking a risk at a new setting and stuck with the iconic imagery even if it didn’t fit the setting

The Enclave are the only reasonable additions, being it’s the nationals capital but everything is contrived

Just turn the radio off if you don't like it.

I'm still mad about what they did to Harold.

That could work, iirc there’s something about planting Chinese loyalist in America to cause discord and espionage etc. So the fail safe would be chinks shooting up the place if found out

no it wouldnt. they wouldn't just literally play 50s tracks and dress like its the 50s and style literally fucking everything as the 50s. fucks sakes vaporwave has been popular for like 5 years and its just remixes of 80s bullshit, but no one is busting out big collared blazers and driving el caminos
bethesda saw the fucking intro and called it a day, there was so little actual 50s bullshit in 1 and 2, if anything it was dingy and dark architecture of what people in the 20s thought the future would look like

You had to remind me user. A faggy thing to do but I consider the east coast and west coast to be different canon. Aesthetically and thematically they’re so different, without the classic fallout iconography, it could be any apocalypse game

>Fallout 2: Jet is confirmed to have been a post-war creation, created by Myron.
>Fallout 4: Jet can be found in pre-war locations.
Bravo, Todd.

Attached: Fo2_Myron_Ending.png (640x480, 137K)

This is such a minor and stupid complaint I have no idea why retards are still stuck on it years later.

do they pay you to shit post during work time Hines?

Attention to detail is important. Minor inconsistencies are no big deal on their own, but they add up.

>tfw You cant use the motrbikes
Fuck

fuck off Pete Hines, you dick sucking, talent-less ass, lore killing, supermutant ass looking faggot

GIVE ME FUCKING WORKING VEHICLES AGAIN
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why does the canteen have an AP cost, why would you want to use it during combat lol
If it's used for healing, pretty sure all consumables in classic fallout cost like 2 AP

You've got two options.
1. Retcon.
2. Gameplay limitation.
Either of these are good explanations, and with the way Bethesda generates loot I really don't think it's a huge deal. There are other, bigger issues to complain about instead of petty shit like that.

Internal consistency is one of the most fundamental parts of good world building.

The lore inconsistency isnt the point, it just shows that Bethesda doesn't care

Attached: 1562967030210.jpg (600x518, 201K)

As far as Fallout 4 is concerned its use of Jet is consistent.

I like how they retconneced jet to being pre-war, to cover their ass. Meanwhile you open a pre war safe, and it's full of caps.

Fallout is the "we need more money to fund TES series" game after getting bought out by bethesda
they simply Do not give a single fucking shit about the franchise or it's lore really

lmao are you fucking nuts. you think that fuckass engine can handle it? it fucking crashes if you turn in game speed too high and you want it to handle something as complex as a tire surmounting a small bump

we will never fucking see bethesda come out with anything thats not skyrim/fallout formula until they put that engine into the dirt where it belongs

i hate this fucking dickhead

it's just a horse, but lower, with no headbob and more engine sounds

Yeah Pete is dumb but complaining about something as minor as Jet or caps being in pre-war safes is so incredibly minor compared to everything else there's no reason to bring it up. Don't need to nitpick to find flaws in their world building or consistency.
Fans should pick their battles and bring up more serious shit and not the equivalent of "why do these random monsters drop money that's not realistic at all!"

I think the radio wouldn't be used in the original fallout, the world was still extremely dangerous and I don't think anyone wanted to advertise their existence too much

theyd still find a way to fuck it up

I love how you're insulting yourself to try to disprove the fact that you're literally Pete Hines
fuck off retard

Why couldn't I replace Dogmeat with one of the supermutant dogs?

youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8
Reminder

I don't think Pete cares. he didn't actually make the game.
Todd on the other hand...

the same place the bowl of petunias came from

Speaking of caps, I always thought it was funny how caps were present in 3, despite there being actually currency in 2. New Vegas, at least, justified the return of caps as a currency.

It's just because Bethesda forgets that the nuclear war was 200+ years ago

Is possible to beat the game with INT 1 build? If so whats the best way so its not too hard.

I like to think this is how these backwater places in bumfuck nevada looked before the war, the war just mainly made the roads fall apart for lack of repair.

If Jet wasn't in pre-war safes would that make Fallout 4 a better game? The answer is no. The other larger, more pressing issues would still make it very flawed. Complain about those first instead of pointless shit.

I want talking Deathclaws back. Going into Vault 13 and seeing Deathclaws only to realize they were friendly is one of my favorite gaming memories.

Attached: 18247-fallout-2-windows-screenshot-a-talking-deathclaw-how-odd.gif (640x480, 125K)

I bet you're of those pseuds that bought Fallout 4 then wondered why Fallout 76 was so shit.

todd doesnt fucking do anything, why do people think this

>You will never be in the timeline where Troika outbid Bethesda for the Fallout IP

Attached: cryingAqua.png (5072x4091, 2.03M)

I only just bought Fallout 4.

Attached: f4.png (359x49, 4K)

I'm sorry your shitty thread did not do ironman numbers. I've seen several underrail threads inthe late days.

Todd doesn't care about fallout
he only cares about TES

Do something like this.

Attached: Fun Fallout 2 Build.png (1920x1080, 565K)

And that disproves my point how?

Attached: 1519083533061.jpg (480x792, 45K)

You don't have one.

and the brainlet exposes himself

Thanks.

>1 agility
No thanks.

Most of them have shitty generic scores though, thank Zur for that

>I'm sorry your shitty thread did not do ironman numbers
I get that reference

The idea is that you kill everything in one hit, you can take some out of END if you wanted to.

3 action points, 89% small guns. wasn't that just one revolver that could be used with 3 ap if it was modified? otherwise what are you even doing.

Punching stuff in the face. If you'll notice, I'm on the Enclave's oil rig, so it works.

Because USA was in war with China of course.
Just play the game and dont think about things like that.
That would be beyond retarded

How do you not get rekt early game?

what happened to centars?

i would replay classic FO if someone was smart enough to reverse engineer the entire damn thing and remaster it with new sprites

Why? Not disagreeing i find the sprites especially the gore ones to be well done.

not what i asked

Go to Willy, north of Modoc, and either buy or steal a Power Fist and you'll crush most things for the first part of the game. You can also save scum to Navarro and get power armor right after Arroyo.

Huh, Ill give it a shot.

is it impossible to do an op build in fallout 1 and 2?

just use FO4 and 3/nv stuff, also FIX the garbage that it is Fo2 SPECIAL system, because FUCK those 200%

needs more romance

>but they add up.

no they don't. the majority of fallout players haven't even touched fallout 2

I unironically think that the first two Fallouts look better than any of the 3D games.

supermutants and their hounds in 4 are intentionally made in controlled settings by the institute, the centaurs in 3 were failed FEV experiments in vault 87.

people whine constantly about bethesda games being too wacky with their plot twists but jesus christ did the first two have twists that were just as crazy.

This image shows all Wrongs in Fallout 2 SPECIAL and why 1 and 3/NV were superior

The early games had an electronic/ambient score that was, uh, liberally inspired by Aphex Twin, Brian Eno and a few others. One might go so far as to accuse Mark Morgan of copyright infringement, and they would have enough evidence to prevail in almost any court of law. That said, it does establish a strong tone, one of melancholy, a sense of jaded acceptance of life's ups and downs in a time of greatly diminished expectations when the only hopes that don't get frustrated are the ones you don't have. So anything picked would probably belong to that tone. Maybe an inclusion of some genuinely unusual material like gospel, bluegrass, blues, early jazz, and some classical pieces that have strong tonal affinity with the material.

It's pretty fun, but I would definitely recommend putting more points into AGI than I did.

>I would sooner trust anyone in this thread than Bethesda to tackle fallout again
It really is amazing how much they changed unnecessarily, they didn’t need the Fallout name at all, they didn’t need the iconic creatures and factions, because the vast majority of Fallout fans are people who got into during or after 3, even if the first two games were pretty popular, the fans of the originals weren’t what made them their cash. I would even argue they took a risk calling it Fallout 3, it might alienate potential new fans who would feel “well, I didn’t play the first two, guess i’ll skip this one”. It makes me think that they aren’t just ignoramuses who never played or barely played the originals, but people who actively despised the originals and planned to destroy the original story with every knew entry.

They should just split the lore, they already retconned so much and none of their fans played the originals, what do they care? Unfortunately Bethesda won’t do it because they’re assholes, the only hope is that they fuck up the next one so bad not even the apparent guaranteed gaggle of 13 year olds want it, and they shelve the series permanently.

>I would even argue they took a risk calling it Fallout 3, it might alienate potential new fans who would feel “well, I didn’t play the first two, guess i’ll skip this one”
But Morrowind on console was hugely successful.

F1 still had the over 100% skills as far as I remember. And I liked F1 more than F2 so I played it more as well.

It might be a small plot point in Fallout 4, it’s a huge subplot of the second game, and it’s completely retconned

brutal

>the majority of fallout players haven't even touched fallout 2
Your point? This doesn't suddenly make the way they've treated pre-established canon ok.

The series is no stranger to retcons and included them starting from 2.

Agree. My only issue is that the low resolution means upscaling the window x2 (to see better) makes the spritework look far worse, and so I have to play at the vanilla resolution, windowed, and this makes my eyes hurt.

>included them starting from 2.
Such as?
Only one I can think of is that the vaults were all intended as experiments.

Reminder Cain and Boyarsky dropped out of Fallout 2 after seeing the way the game was heading.

Okay.

Yeah, but most people just called it morrowind, just like most people call Oblivion Oblivion and Skyrim Skyrim. It’s more obviously divorced from the older games, to the point a lot of people probably didnt realize they were connected until after they started playing the games, it’s a minor difference in risk but you’d think they would have just called it Fallout: Subtitle or even just rebooted it, it wasn’t really that much of a continuation of the story of the first two games anyway, most people were into because “le oblivion with guns”

Is there anything besides fixt I should add to fallout 1? I've never played it to completion, I always get the chip then just sort of lose motivation.

You're over half way done with the game, once you get the chip. Fallout 1 is a really small game.

Chris Avellone isn’t a bull headed retard like Pete Hines and Todd Howard (neither of them are the writer but Todd is the figurehead, and Hines is the one defending all the retcons), and he retconned a lot of the contradictions and silly joke stuff from Fallout 2 with the Fallout bible. Also the writing was actually written by a designer and not some F tier novel writer they brought on, so the writing didn’t suck so much. Not to completely absolve Fallout 2 of sin of course, but it’s still leagues better than nuFallout, especially since he worked with the original team and didn’t just poach the IP and hand it off to a group of assholes who never played the first game.

He said like the 50s, not actually music from the 50s you dense idiot.

Is it possible to mod Fallout 1/2? I'm surprised no one has tried this yet.

A ton of people have not only tried but succeeded at it.

Do you have any links? I've been wanting to play more Fallout in a new map.

It doesn't matter what people called it. There's a big 3 on the box. It was directly advertised as a sequel. And tons of people with no prior knowledge of the series bought it anyway.

>What is Fallout: Nevada
>What is Fallout 1.5
Mentioned them in the last thread. Both very good TC mods, Slavs know what they're doing.
resurrection.cz/en/
nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/

Attached: FN vegas sign.jpg (640x480, 113K)

Why do Slavs love late 90s/early 00s RPGs so much?

Attached: Russian v's top 100.png (1600x816, 970K)

>retcons i like GOOD
>retcons i don't like BAD

Cool, thanks. I'll check 'em out.

This but unironically.

The only retcons I implied were good were the ones carried out by Avellone on his own game, sometimes even retconning his own retcons of lore from the first game, and retcons he made absent minded

Because they’re based

There wouldn't be a radio because that's a retarded idea unless it was in vault city

We already had that argument and you're wrong.

They have marginally better taste than westerners.
>Wild Hunt in top 10
>Mass Effect 2
>GTA V
>GTA VC is above SA
>Skyrim is on the list at all
Emphasis on marginally.

Skyrim is unironically good.

Goodsprings is a real place.

nuCom instead of the good ones is indication enough. But overall that list points to the average player being older. Most games got into ex-commieblock countries much later than they were released via various "best X games of Y genre" CDs.

Regarding gameplay, SA is obviously the better game.

I played fallout 1 until I got to the cathedral
then I got lost
and then quit
should I play 1 again
or jump into 2

I know, I'm not worried about being spoiled or anything I know the ending I just want to finally play it to completion. This weekend I'm without internet as they roll out fibre in my neighborhood so I wanted to get 1 all set up so I can play it. Maybe 2 as well but I hear 2 has a lot more stuff to add for cut content restoration and bug fixes so I may save that for another time.

I'm currently playing the first game, and I got the water chip in Necropolis before fixing the water pump. Now whenever I'm in Necropolis, I'm constantly put into combat mode, and it doesn't allow me to fix the pump. Did I fuck myself over?

Just skip to 2. 1 is super short and you were already really close to the end.

That creepy ambient music when you were alone in the middle of the desert on your way to some lonely village was legitimately disturbing. 10/10 atmosphere, especially early in the game my first random encounters it was like "well fuck me this just got real"

You were at the final area of the game, you can jump into 2 if you want.

What is the best party possible in Fallout 2

Attached: FO2_Companions.jpg (500x370, 43K)

From a gameplay perspective: Sulik + Vic + Cassidy.

Man spoiler that shit, seeing his fucking stupid ass mug brings my piss to a boil.

are non combat builds viable at all in the first 2 fallout games, even if it just means having your allies do all the fighting for you?

Yup, you'll be doing a lot of Speech, Pickpocketing and Lockpicking.

romance in fallout?

Reaaaally wonder how Starfield will turn out.

Yea, just pick stuff better than doctor and barter. Speech has been ridiculously OP in all 4 main games where it is present.

The final boss of 1 is one of the greatest things in video game history, it's not worth missing.

There is a shortcut to get captured and skip right to him early on, look up an faq if you don't want to go through the whole game again.

What about it?

does it exist?

No, but you can still have lots of sex and even become a porn star in 2.

The only proper answer is FUNKY FRESH BEATS

Attached: 1552611117398.gif (163x163, 7K)

You can beat the first game without fighting a single battle. The second game forces you to fight the final boss so it's unavoidable, though there is a way to automate most of the fight.

>try Fallout 1 for the first time finally recently
>install a recommended fix mod
>get to the end of the military base with the Brotherhood of Steel guys
>as I'm leaving they block the elevator entrance and I can't get them to move without killing them
Come to find out they don't follow you in the base game for a reason it seems. Still a great game though despite me not being used to older RPGs that much, only other really annoying thing was the one battle with the Regulators for how long the combat with all the NPCs drags on.

We already have Mass Effect-tier waifufaggotry so why the fuck not.

Attached: Enclave romance.jpg (400x467, 54K)

Not really.

Make sure you have combat speed turned all the way up.

>installing meme mods when the original game is fine as is
2 is the one with glitches and missing content, there is no reason to play 1 with mods until after you've beaten it and want something fresh

Just get the security card from the president and pass the speech check with the Enclave soldiers and Horrigan goes down with no combat input from you.

Attached: Frank_Horrigan_death_stage_1.gif (240x220, 802K)

FPBP SPBP TPBP
Bethesda's radio misses the entire point of fallout and is part of their misunderstanding of the series as a whole

the only kind of radio stations that should exist in fallout are news stations, propaganda stations, and military secure stations
maybe a few hobby grade music stations scattered here and there that gets clearer and louder you get to the source but that's it

>The radio is the worst addition by bethesda to fallout
>the worst addition
You don't even need to use it, of all things that's the most harmless addition.

I do agree that would add to the feeling of the game, kind of like in STALKER

imagine just wandering around the mojave wasteland
and getting a faint signal on your pipboy, weak and broken tunes to what sounds like music, so you decide to go towards the signal
it's now night time, the signal is strong enough for you to make out the faint sound of what sounds like old world music
you set up camp, the cold desert wind blowing against you, but you're camp providing enough warm so you won't freeze, you take a sip out of your bottle of whiskey and watch the night sky to the sounds of what was before

Quick user i recently purchased all the STALKER games during the steam sale. In what order do i play the games and what mods do i need to make the game feel less dated?

No, you did screw them over by getting rid of their water though. You, on the other hand, will be fine. If you keep playing you'll realize that it's not that important, Necropolis gets fucked anyways

fuck...
why does hunting for music stations sound so comfy

youtu.be/6l6vqPUM_FE

Play shadow of chernobyl first on master difficulty without any mods. I don't know if it's the best way to do it but if you can't stand it you could mod it later I guess?

>juxtapose the harsh reality of the wasteland with some tasty james
You're telling me jamming in a dozen tracks that reference nukes in a jolly manner don't achieve the same effect?

Attached: 1510661058151.jpg (223x286, 47K)

Git gud.

Attached: Stalker Gunplay.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

You are of little to no help to me, however your attempt at assistance is appreciated.

I like this idea
just wandering around and stumbling into faint music signals
maybe even some quests or items or strengthen them so you could listen to them anywhere

more 80s shit. I want the return of the assault rifle from 3 as a standard weapon across the wastes with tons of homebrew variants like the kalash in metro. If it really was the standard arm of the US Army them shits should be everywhere.

And then you find the source of the signal and it's a small settlement with a single hobbyist radio transmitter which was missed during a raid that took place at least half a year ago because raiders are just that fucking dumb.

Is that radioactive Banjo?

or maybe he's dead and the station has just been on autoplay this whole time

Attached: Fo2_Ghost_Farm.png (2558x1583, 1.49M)

Hey you ain't paying me

not a retcon but vaults in general being numerous. in F1 theres only vault 13 that survived. vault 15, necropolis vault and the vault with master were all ruined, hell, the glow vault got directly hit by a dirty bomb. vault 13 was made to seem like a special pristine vault that survived all the hurdles. in fallout 2 and beyond they went full oprah with vaults giving them away like candy.

>Yeah, all those ghouls really want to be found and get killed.

well, considering they fucking ask you to negociate with VAULT CITY to trade with Gecko for their power, you'd think that they actually WOULD really like to be found

Attached: furries BTFO.png (630x227, 48K)

Can I patch the steam versions of fo1 and 2 with TCs and mods? I have fo1 on gog but I guess I never bought 2, and someone bought me the fo1-2-tictacs bundle on steam.

>tfw you don't have any protection money left

Attached: fo1 overseer death.gif (350x240, 1.94M)

but it's not cannon lol, the other vault inhabitants put him to death for throwing the Vault Dweller out

The radio is the best addition actually.
Jingle Jangle Jingle.

....then frank horrigan fucks shit up

you should have waited until lvl 24 and pick slayer, then you'll really fuck some shit up, but then you wouldn't need luck or more criticals...

reverse pickpocketing live grenades in FO2 for the first time will be my favorite gaming memory for all eternity. Nothing will beat how hard I laughed as I just fucking exploded everyone and they never even noticed.

Because it's the only thing their shitty computers can run.

Not joking.

Of all of the ways bethesda fucked up the Fallout series, you pick that to be pissed about?

I love the soundtrack for Fallout 1 and 2, I have them on my mp3 player for when I'm out and about in the world. I have the originals and the updated versions. But I also have the soundtracks for FO4 and NV on it too, even though country sucks. And before anybody says anything stupid, FO4 contains the same tracks from FO3. It would be pointless to get the soundtrack for both. I also have the Wasteland 2 soundtrack, but it's not as good in spite of the fact it's also made by Mark Morgan. My point is it's possible to love both and the radio doesn't break anything. You're just being a hardened faggot.

Also, having a radio fits the whole theme because radios use electromagnetic radiation. Adding the radio wasn't the mindless decision everybody keeps trying to say it was.

Attached: aiportraits_howdy partner mr house wants to see you.jpg (512x512, 29K)

When the fuck are we gonna see the Midwest brotherhood again?

In what capacity would you like to see them?

Attached: Midwest Brotherhood.jpg (1134x959, 1.14M)

Sticking to lore is what makes an RPG stand out from its peers. Breaking established lore takes people out of the setting and see the shitty AAA developer behind it being clueless and retarded

You walk around listening to the soundtrack to a niche game from decades ago, yet that guy is being a 'hardened faggot'?

Ok pal

I think brotherhood of steel 2 getting shitcanned after it was so far into preproduction probably shafted most west coast storylines. I don't think bethesda wants to touch it cause they KNOW they'd get shit on by purists.

>YEW LIK VEDY OH GAYM MEW SACK! WATT AH NURD!
At it's core, music is the hum of the people, the beat to our march. The message it carries is the background noise of our lives. It speaks the message of the people we are, the people we want to be, and in some cases the people we were.

Unfortunately this message is usually written by a guy on a $6 million yacht who long ago forgot what it was like to be one of the people. You're implying I should be listening to that instead. Modern music is dead.

I would rather listen to music made by someone who's still hungry to be somebody.

Attached: fallout - fuck off.jpg (335x200, 10K)

I give a fuck wasteland 2 was great

Unironically too poor to afford newer hardware.

because there is no decent modern rpgs

no thank you

>NEW THING BAD

If you really don't like it the games have good ambient and atmospheric tracks when you turn it off. There's things to hate about the newer games but the radio is the least of it. You'd probably suck it off if they added it in van buren.

i hope an entirely different studio buys out a franchise you love and rapes it, too. nigger.

Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works
youtu.be/O5Zsn6tJ2MY

We ended up getting new vegas out of it so it's not the worst thing in the universe. It was either that or no more games ever. Why get so emotional over it? They can't go back in time and take the old games away from you.

>that robot
Im out

Attached: 12321342352135.jpg (480x360, 15K)

ah, for a second i thought it was that slav fallout clone

based and redpilled

Radio would kill the atmosphere.

how will bethesda ever recover

It had some good tracks.

Attached: 1551990579138.png (232x220, 75K)

Skynet is better than any of them

kys zoomer

3 and 4 have boring, generic ambience and New Vegas can get pretty dull when just wandering around, having Lone Star play while walking on the I-15 at night is excellent.

Literally Interstellar tier.

you'll get slaughtered by random encounters but through savescumming you can win

Now tell us when the moving picture box in your living room was invented.

There’s a difference between the random nature of loot tables putting Jet in unopened safes and Bethesda having logs of people talking about it before it was made.

“Myron lied” is such a pathetic assault excuse for incompetency/apathy. New Reno and the family he worked for have so much influence partly because they made and sold this drug that was found nowhere else.

Man, this thread is filled with retards. Literally the first thing you see in Fallout 1 in the intro is black and white footage you would expect out of the 1950's, except with futuristic armor wearing guys killing combatants kneeling down. Tim Cain himself would call you out for this shit.

Most purists congregate at NMA, and even there they shit on 2, so they always would be shit on by purists, regardless. Considering 4's sales though, you don't need to give a fuck about that.

Yeah. Fallout couldn't be made today. I want raiders to call me a niggerfaggot and lock me up as a rape slave. Who knows what soft pussy leftist propaganda they'll force onto us in the next game.

Only edgy children use NMA.
Most purist have lost interest in games and moved on.

Holy fuck I love old Fallout

Attached: 1357916693966.jpg (493x311, 65K)

How do I minmax in new vegas/
10 starting int or 9?

I can't remember if New Vegas lets you "over cap" on SPECIAL stats, but I think it does. Go with 10, be sure to get the int implant before you get to level 2 or that's WASTED SKILL POINTS. You wouldn't want to be sub-optimal, would you? And don't forget to get the int point from lonesome road as fast as you can so you can min/max even harder.

I'm having hard time mixing side quests with main questline so that it makes sense story-wise (ie. no situations where you get a quest do do something urgently and then fuck off on a side mission field trip)
When's the best time to pick up Raul?

Attached: serveimage.png (645x645, 271K)

Fallout 1.5