Have you ever stolen a video game? Not piracy, stealing a physical game from a store, or from someone's dwelling

Have you ever stolen a video game? Not piracy, stealing a physical game from a store, or from someone's dwelling.

Attached: Simpsons_07_09_P1_640x360_321202243996.jpg (640x360, 192K)

Yeah, I knew a friend with diabetes who had a shit ton of games just lying around his home that he never played. I took a bunch of shitty PSX titles and he didn't care, but he got mad when I 'borrowed' his Modern Warfare 2 copy and never returned it.
He's a college dropout now and I think he might be a furry, so yeah, at least I got to 2nd Prestige thanks to him

sims 2 for ds

I had "friends" steal from me.
Fuck you Trevor I want Shadow of the Colossus back

yeah but I wore an eyepatch while I did it so it wasnt stealing it was piracy

I'm gonna say it.

Attached: 1522634798737.png (666x666, 12K)

fuck you sean I'll never forgive you for taking my sims 2 for ds

Nah but ive borrowed games and never given them back, but usually because people dont ask for them back

It was a rare opportunity where you actually stole something, and you made your own copy. In a world where you can have a copy for your Xbox 360 and PS3 and your Playstation 3 and PlayStation 4 and your iPhone and you can download a movie that you have a copy of for a little bit and your Playstation and Xbox Live account can be connected, then why not use the same thing?

The idea of stealing the games is the core of why some people are so angry online about this kind of theft. To some people, it seems like stealing is theft. And while I'm willing to give up the right to say, "Wait, no, this is a problem, and I think we need a new form of piracy, that's why we're so mad at our friends over at EA for making this thing," let me say now that I'm actually fine with this kind of steal. I'm also more willing to allow people to do these sorts of things in different forms, because I don't have to worry about it coming back to bite my company again when I use that as an excuse to go after new games.

A lot of these games are still released on the system they came from, so what's their impact on how they are played?

I stole a stack of PSP games when the arcade closed down. My beta boss was like "t-thats e-employee theft" I was like last I checked fatboy I'm not an employee anymore.

Steamed hams

>Military brat kid went to my school and I knew he was gonna move after the school year.
>Ask if I can borrow his copy of FF7.
>He gives it to me, then moves two weeks later.

Attached: 1461712918476.png (343x323, 217K)

Sneed

i'm not black so i've never shoplifted before in my life

Used to go over to the house of this girl I had a crush on to hang out and one time stole a stack of N64 games (Paper Mario, Shadows of the Empire, Perfect Dark, some good shit) from her brother's room when she wasn't looking. Didn't hear anything about it afterwards so I guess either he didn't notice or his family didn't care. I was too much of a beta to make a move on her though.

How would you even shoplift a game. They're all in locked cases.

>2004 or some shit
>decide to have a GBA game swap with a friend
>I trade him some shitty Hot Wheels shovelware game
>He gives me Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
>He moves away a few weeks later
I was probably smarter when I was 9 than I am now

Attached: 1552742540492.jpg (1200x1178, 392K)

I stole a copy of Pokémon Pearl from the dude who pretended being my best friend for the entirety of highschool.

does "borrowed but never gave back" count?

Mareed
Formerly Chuckman

i borrowed harry potter and legacy of goku for gba from my best friend and never returned them because he forgot he lent them to me

Take it! TAKEITTAKEITTAKEITTAKEITTAKEITTAKEIT TAKE IT!!!

Technically not vidya but my friend in middle school used to steal booster packs of MtG from our local Walmart and Kmart. He got away with it for a couple years, but he ended up getting caught near the end of 8th grade. His parents were so pissed that they threw out all of his cards and wouldn't let him play until the end of the year. Considering what he had at the time, he probably lost thousands of dollars worth of cards.

Attached: 1548622144896.jpg (900x675, 71K)

I stole Metroid Zero mission from a kid who lived up the street from me, he was an asshole but its a great game.

Did the same thing with Sonic Battle. God I love my GBA

Yeah, back when they had PS1 games sitting on the shelves, I took a bunch.

No not a thief. I did get accused however. When I was a kid an aquantaince said I stole his copy of OoT, a gray version. I tried to explain to him how that made no sense cause i already had a gold version of the game but he wasn't hearing it.

Feed and Seed

Then technically off topic

No, just using emulation but its not like those big corps gonna broke for that kek

I found a stray cartridge of pokemon mystery dungeon red rescue team on the floor of walmart when it was only like 2 weeks old and pocketed it
Had a dusty shoeprint on it so wasnt even sure if it was good but it was and I put like 300+ hours into the game
Accidentally stole some naruto fighting game from a guy who moved out of state without saying anything in highschool

I stole Halo 4 from a department store when it was brand new. It was ontop of a bunch of sweets brand new in shrink wrapping. I grabbed it and walked straight to my friends house to play.

I stole my friends copy of pokemon pinball
last time I ever saw them they gave me their SP because they said video games were childish
not sure she ever remembered or cared that it went missing

Yes, and you're a shitty friend gimme my spyro 3 back

i found a copy of the first fable sitting in a case on a gamestop shelf while sifting thru them for 48 hour xbox live trials. thats technically stealing ig

no, but I did commit fraud to get a good amount of psn bucks from an online store that had a very archaic for processing payments.

*archaic method

The school druggie borrowed GTA3 and never gave it back.
I hope he ended up in a gutter

:)

Attached: 61.png (641x1660, 664K)

Yeah, I stole my friends copy of melee just for the hell of it. Was kind of mad my parents never bought me a copy so i just yoinked it.

not myself but I distinctly remember my dad coming into my room one random night kinda panicked out of breath with a copy of windwaker pokemon gale of darkness and a third game I don't remember. they were all new in plastic wrap and the pokemon game was in one of those anti theft locking cases. I thought he was just being absent minded and forgot to get it removed but it dawned on me years later he might have just fucking stolen them.

ironic considering I already had a copy of both.

Attached: oh.jpg (610x597, 47K)

No, I would never steal a game, though I am forced to pirate most games I play because PC is digital only and I refuse to pay for digital distribution.

Retail stores kind of actually deal with this now, with the whole "Ask for help at a retail store and then buy it for cheaper online".

Stole starfox adventures from my cousin. He took my pokemon first movie vhs so he can suck a dick for all I care.

Was a shit teenager and stole StarFox 64 from my now best friend and sold it later. Still feel bad about it to this day even after 20yrs. He’s long forgiven me and got another copy, but I still would buy him games

i used a bogus coupon to get a ps4 for like $100 at walmart

What the fuck are you talking about?

MITCH GIVE ME BACK MY COPY OF EMPEROR BATTLE FOR DUNE YOU PRICK, I LENT THEM TO YOU 12 YEARS AGO WHEN WE WERE IN HIGH SCHOOL.

Attached: anata wa HOMO da.jpg (417x600, 80K)

I stole Jet Force Gemini from some random kid that I moved next to in highschool. Visited his house once and pocketed it thinking I'd never see him again.

Few weeks later, well after I beat the game and enjoyed it, he was sad because he 'lost his favorite game'. I came over and "looked under the couch and found it". We became best friends throughout highschool years because I made him so happy finding it after he thought it had disappeared for so long.

I forgot to delete the savefile with my name on it when returning it, but I deleted it when I said his mom just called him and he left the room.

Read the op before replying you incoherent moron.

post the correct version

Riding bus to middleschool, playing Link's Awakening on my gameboy, aw yeah. I'm in the last dungeon trying to solve it for the first time, too. Fat shitty kid I hated wanted to sit next to me. Went to move my backpack and set my gameboy down, and his fat ass sat on it and broke my gameboy. He didn't give a shit either, he just laughed and said it was an older shitty model, and showed off his brand new Game Boy Color.

Few days later, I had enough. I concocted a scheme to get it back. I waited one week till PE had Dodgeball day, his favorite. I whined that my stomach hurt right when it started, then ran to the bathroom / locker room. I took his Game Boy Color, and pulled out like 20 plastic walmart bags from my backpack. I tied & wrapped it in every single plastic bag, and dropped the gameboy into the back of the toiletbowl under the water. Then went back to playing dodgeball.

After class was over, he freaked out, as planned. Just as expected, he told the teacher that I must've done it because mine got broke. They searched me up & down in front of the whole class, bags, lockers, desks, everything. No evidence, no trouble. A week later, I returned to the toilet and claimed my hidden prize. Get fucked.

Attached: yes.jpg (737x682, 116K)

The part in every pirating/cloned torrenting strawman comic where the thing gets copied/cloned is always the funniest part

You did all that to get your hands covered in shit water?

Attached: Fake Child GIF.gif (232x220, 2.87M)

if there was a gamestop on a houseboat would it be piracy if you robbed it?

DO IT FAGGOT

Fuck you, Trevor.

haven't stolen anything but I've had shit stolen from me.

the biggest loss was a copy of CIB Windwaker and CIB Metroid Prime collection. let a fellow coworker borrow that shit over winter break and I come back from a trip out of town to find that he's been fired, and we made plans to meetup so he could give it back before he fucked off to another state.

in the end he decided it'd be easiest to just drop it off at my mailbox and he honked to let me know he finished dropping it off. motherfucker left the mailbox empty and fucked off to illinois. I should have known better.

never figured out how he got fired, everyone was extremely hush hush about it. manager just said "he broke store policy pretty badly". probably stole shit from the store too.

doesn't help that it was fucking gamestop

i rented silent hill 5 and armored core 5 from blockbuster and forgot to give them back before they went out of business. i'm something of a criminal mastermind.

Does it count if I borrowed a game and just never gave it back, ended up finishing school before I was asked to give it back but it was my friends mothers favourite game

still have it
lost odysee

I stole a copy of The Minish Cap from one friend, and Bowser's Inside Story from another. I believe I ended up giving BiS back though, even if I really liked it. Dunno why.

Attached: 1550226779364.png (842x1128, 475K)

We opened the covers and got us some rtcw cd keys to play online. That's as close I've been

Based schizoanon

Can you try again in english?

i used to rent block buster n64 games and switch the labels for games i wanted..with games i didnt want...i even used to go to the front desk and say..hey some asshole switch the game and got a refund on the rental.

we live in a society, you should return what you borrow.

Ds games used to be inside the boxes at game in the uk

Attached: Pic_2.jpg (556x261, 39K)

>see copy of BRINK in a thrift store
>open it
>turns out there's a CD and a steam code inside
>take a picture of the code but put the CD back
>redeem the code later
would this be considered theft?

I had a job a long time ago as the manager of a big video rental chain. Many games were deemed "too damaged" and "thrown out".

No its considered retardation on the part of the store

That isn't a physical copy, if it requires Steam then it isn't a physical copy even if it comes with a disc.
>CD
It was probably a DVD.

I walked out of a secondhand game store one time with a copy of mischief makers in my hands. I felt so bad that I ran back and paid for it even though I hated that garbage

Dont really know if you could call this stealing but when I was around 10, there was one of those used video game stores near my house. The store had a one week return policy where they would give you back full store credit if you returned the game with the receipt. So I came up with the idea of buying a full price game at $60, beating it, then returning it for another full price game or an older cheaper one. Around this time I would go to school, come home, do my homework and then play for a straight 8-10 hours so I beat pretty much every game I had my hands on in 2-4 days. Did this for about 4-5 months before the store manager had to call my parents to tell me that I'm banned from ever entering the store again. Heard later that because of me they changed the policy from one week to 3 days.

No but some games i lend got stolen from me, One never gave me back my ps2 Code Veronica and another one stole Fatal Frame also ps2.

Stolen some games from Blockbuster before!

No, but my one friend lent me his PSP and then just moved away without asking for it back.

Fred Meyer didn't keep their games locked behind a cabinet, so they were easy to take. They'd have these shitty plastic cases on them, but that never stopped me. I'd grab some GameBoy Color games, walk them to a secluded area, cut away the section of the box that didn't have plastic covering, and pull the game cart right out.

I once had to babysit for a neighbor's little brother and do laundry for them. Said neighbor let me down on a project and made me do all the research, so I got even.
Said neighbor's copy of FE Sacred Stones fell out of the pocket of one of his jeans in the dryer. When I checked on it to run it again, I snatched it and dried their jeans together since they normally do that. It was good they never suspected me of stealing it once because his parents divorced and he had to change districts.

If you really did this user, you were a pretty sly kid.

user he knew all along, thats why he was so sad

I did once, i was in highschool and trying to show off to my friends so i for into a store and stole some random ps2 game.
I was bragging about it while some random kid walks up to is andstart telling is how cool that game was so i gave it to him. I still remember the Face on that kid, totally made his day. I have no regrets

Did just no one flush the toilet or something?

Damn, the worst FE. That sucks, bro.

not only have i never stolen a game, but when i borrowed a game from a friend and lost it; i gave him the money to buy a new copy.

Back in 5th grade a guy convinced me that he'll give me all the legendaries, including mew and celebi if I gave him my Pokemon silver

Attached: oh shit.jpg (366x380, 24K)

No, I was taught that the police are basically inhuman monsters that delight in human suffering so I'm too terrified of them to ever steal something.
My cousin had his DS stolen at some mall though, and I recall my friend in high school almost had his stolen by some mexican dude who was always stoned.

My friends would always steal shit, got me Modern Warfare 4, Diablo 3, WoW timecards, probably other shit I forgot.
Tried to steal City of villains once but a guy said he what are you doing and I panicked and stuck it under a shirt as I was walking away from him and just walked out. Another time I stuck a WoW timecard in my shoe and bought shoes. The cashier checked the shoes for a hidden items real carefully, but little did she know...

Black kid stole my copy of DBZ Budokai and my mom gave muslims my PS2 and copy of Battle for Bikini Bottom
The rage has never gone away.

is this a bot?

From my local Blockbuster Video back when that was a thing.

Attached: rpgmaker.jpg (500x478, 69K)

not a videogame but HOLY SHIT I FORGOT YOU TWO FUCKS NAMES BUT WE USED TO HANG OUT WITH MATT AND ALL HAD NERF GUNS GIVE ME BACK MY FUCKING NERF LONGSHOT YOU FUCKING CUNTS!

Attached: nerf longshot.jpg (425x234, 13K)

I have stolen games from my cousin, does that count?

I've stolen a few friends' games. If they called me out on it, I'd be happy to return them, but they haven't

Once I borrowed a game from a friend and he forgot that he lent it to me so I kept it. Later on I traded it back to him for a different game.

shit...

its been 10 years since blockbuster closed down

pretty much all video stores died that day.

I still have my friend’s borrowed PS2 games...yeah I’ll be sure to return those if I ever see him again.

30 year old boomer

I once rented Mario Superstar Baseball from Blockbuster and never returned it, but since they went bankrupt not to long after, I kept it.

my friend stole WoW when it first came out. He was retarded

Since you're talking about sandniggers I assume you're European and therefore your parents haven't taken your foreskin away from you. Take solace in that at least.

Attached: 1494228813887.jpg (239x211, 12K)

You know when you submit a report it makes it easier for them to track you.

I once put a loose cart under my armpit inside of my shirt and walked out at a used bookstore. I think it was a Double Dragon game for Genesis.

Cousins nephew stole my PS3, he took it along with some games during a large family gathering
He told his family that I said he could have it, I wouldn't have even known about it if I didn't receive a phone call from his parents thanking me
still mad at that little shit lying ass fucker, even though its been years going into this thread and thinking about makes my blood boil

>worked at a charity store
>MGS 1 for $25
>store was too shitty for barcodes
>peeled off the label and replaced it with one saying $5
>did this on a day my manager wasn't in and my down syndrome coworker sold it to me
Best game I ever played

they deserved it for trying to sell a $10 game for $25

How come you didn't go kick his ass? You vagine or something?

Recently took Xenoblade 2. Hate it and now am going to trade it in for 25 bucks.

no