Adam! They're never going to finish your story are they, son

Adam! They're never going to finish your story are they, son.

Attached: image.jpg (800x450, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

deusex.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Aeratus/Is_Adam_Jensen_a_Clone_in_Mankind_Divided?_A_Review_of_the_Evidence
youtu.be/3lOP_Mupr2k
youtu.be/t0hgNQENc2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sarif was so much better in HR

why did MD have to be mediocre

Attached: 1554044898964.png (248x317, 110K)

>buy mankind divided on some sale for twice the amount it's worth
>it can't be as bad as Yea Forums says, HR was so good
>it's as bad as Yea Forums says
I can't remember if I was at the train station or the first time in his apartment before the game crashed. Seeing all the animation bugs during the cinematics was painful.

At least the weapon customization and augs were nice. Leagues ahead HR.

member when he went full schizo and they didn't bring him back

Good riddance

Attached: 1364160332605.png (854x994, 168K)

HR and MD are basically the same level of quality dude, writing aside

should have kept original va for sarif

moreover, should've let him be kill if they really did have an issue with the VA

HR had playable shirtless Adam.

i mean...

Attached: image.png (640x960, 273K)

damn fruit flies

should have kept original va for tracer tong lucius debeers and morgan everett

He dug too deep and now they want him gone

Attached: Big Weapons.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

>VA for a DX game is a conspiracy theorist and got buried for it
Pottery.

i dont give a shit what the autists say

mankind divided is the best game to come out on this present gen. game had depth, variety, and was packed to the tits with substance. story was passable and intriguing enough to keep me wanting more.

only thing that would put the game over the top is more fluid combat. something that would allow fluid transitions of those special abilities. aesthetic combat that can be chained together. shoot a dude in the leg and icarus dash into him for an execution animation or some shit. combat wasn't bad btw, just could be reworked imho

literally the last game that kept me intrigued from begining to end

Attached: 934272897.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

The missing link was a shitty DLC

Nah, it was pretty good.
Only problem is that Director's Cut makes it mandatory every playthrough.

did you come from an alternate timeline where squeenix didn't ass rape the game and deliver 2/3 of a product? please tell me how the rest of the game went

>game about Illuminati
>va believes in Illuminati's existence
>mysteriously blacklisted by UNKNOWN group
really jangles the noggins

Attached: 1446012783305.png (481x511, 182K)

Wait fucking what? So I was still somewhat on the fence regarding MD. Thanks for helping me fix that.

He's barely fucking in it

>present gen
To think that consolefags used to be bullied in PC game discussions. Then again new Dude Sex games were designed as cross-platform from the beginning at best and are console ports at worst.

his role is relegated to vid-calls my dude, sarif industries no longer exists
it would have been cool to do more with him but the characters moved on so new shit could develop

story is shit, goes nowhere and fucks with the pacing but the game itself has a solid length. realistically they probably only 'cut' as much stuff as they did with HR, which was still quite a bit.

I think the VA said it was just a scheduling conflict. In the director's commentary for the first game they said they basically rewrote Sarif around the actor, so I can't imagine they would drop him that easy. But everything about MD screams that it was rushed out the door.

Bringing back Adam at all was a mistake, they only shot themselves in the foot by essentially replacing his supporting cast with underdeveloped characters nobody cares about.

>but the game itself has a solid length

Attached: solid_length.jpg (264x264, 18K)

the main story is but the side stuff is great when you digging around for, i could tell some fuckery was about with how rushed panchea felt but when HR ended it felt pretty complete
when MD ended i audibly said that's fucking it? major blue balling cliff hanger garbage was very much in line with what SE was pulling before the game even came out

According to the VA they only offered him a few hundred dollars because it was a bit role and wouldn't cover his travel expenses. If that's actually true it's pretty fucking gay considering its budget was probably ~US$50 million

Because the DEMD didn't have Aera 51 fruit flies.

I don't know who made a criminal past but whoever did needs to helm the team for the sequel

>sequel
jjb and some other key devs left, while i still want them to tie off adam with a proper ending it will be a mess compared to the first two

I knew it was going to be pretty stupid when they introduced the "Deus Ex Universe" multimedia concept. Now the blue balls is only made worse because it won't have a resolution in the foreseeable future.

Attached: 1491375806621.png (598x629, 254K)

right, going mixed media is almost never a good sign and wasn't there some goofy ass pre-order stunt where they would move the release date up if it hit a certain number of sales?

Just going through it. What the fuck is up with those half minute long security scans every ten meters?

How is OG Deus Ex to get running on W10 and modern hardware? I loved HR and MD is alright.

Attached: 3579248.jpg (3840x2160, 1.52M)

Yeah they were going to release four days earlier, then cancelled that whole scheme and delayed the game 6 months. Lord knows what kind of state it was in by then but it seems they already wrote the game off before it actually released.

Loading zones. It's quite blatant.

>kentie deus exe+direct3d 10 renderer
works on my machine

Good thing Squeenix made sure to cut corners on the single player campaign to make sure that "multiplayer" side-game made it and that hardly anyone touched

the marketing for MD made me avoid it. It was so plainly obvious that the success of HR was totally unexpected by the higher ups and they went into full on corporate meddling.

Fuck i'd hate to be those devs who worked their ass off to make a worthy Deus Ex game only to be turned into a shit-churning factory with grand designs for a multimedia franchise

i've never been more than one hotfix away from it running perfectly via steam

MD has a shirtless model that could probably be swapped in. Unless the game only used it in prerendered scenes

>while i still want them to tie off adam with a proper ending
He is at the bottom of the ocean. He died at Panchea.

because they let marketing make the game

kind of find it dumb they have these metalic implants and the body rjects it?

people have metal plates and pace makers and vales on in real life and they do not get rejected

This
imagine what it could have been

i've long since given up thinking this world makes sense
i go to work and play my vidya and think about killing myself
repeat ad nauseum

*he's being stored in the versalife vault in the palisade bank

Shitty fanfic. Also doesn't really matter where the corpse is if the brain suffocated after being submerged in ocean water for days.

Attached: zzzzz.png (1894x1065, 3.55M)

It runs without any mods but you should still get the kentie launcher.

Sad how they let marketing make MD. Imagine if devs and writers got the resources they needed instead of focusing on garbage game modes that no one asked for, diluted DLCs that don't integrate well into the story, and other non game related junk like the universe junk and microtransactions.
Like someone else said, they rode on HR's success and thought they could warp it into a mainstream AAA release, when the audience for this game was never even close to that.
If they focused on making a proper length immersive sim, imagine what the game could have been. All the right building blocks were in place, but no one had the time to properly put them together.

Yeah, but they fucked up and tried to jew people over by chopping a game in half and selling us the first half of a complete game for full price.

DXMD was great (in terms of gameplay and level design, the story/characters were complete dogshit) but it's just a shame it got totally gimped by just not having enough there and having an """ending""" that was clearly originally just supposed to be a mid-game boss fight.

It'd be like if DXHR ended after fighting the bodyworks guy

>was picked up by illuminati
>memory loss for months
>all these fancy new augs

>doesn't really matter where the corpse is
patient x tissue doesn't need the only drug available for using augs and corpos would kill to be in possession of it

Attached: Versalife_vault_container.jpg (2220x1404, 1.01M)

squeenix trying to turn it into a cash cow to get more money for the final fantasy money pit.

In both 1 and 2 I see a fucking skull in the right half of the window.
Still a shitty fanfic, even if it bridges HR with DX. And when I said it doesn't matter where the corpse is I meant with regards to Adam's story. The story ended at Panchea.

I haven't played the game since release, but holy shit was it unoptimized as fuck. There is no excuse for those ridiculous load times. Not to mention the game had some sort of memory leak where it'd run perfectly fine for a couple hours and then suddenly start stuttering. Thus forcing you to quit and restart the program, requiring yet another 5 fucking minute long load time.

Maybe one of these days I'll retry the game off the SSD I've acquired since then, but the point remains that even on a harddrive, there is no excuse for that.

if cyb2077 is semi decent (not hard by standards of today's garbage), maybe it will set DX back into motion

>kill samizdat
>don't get a time paradox
then who was silhouette

>I see a fucking skull in the right half of the window
pareidolia
>still a shitty fanfic
with a fuck ton of evidence
deusex.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Aeratus/Is_Adam_Jensen_a_Clone_in_Mankind_Divided?_A_Review_of_the_Evidence

How was the Mankind Divided DLC? By the end of the main game I had lost all motivation to try it.

Worst part is how they totally ditched the cool alex jones conspiracy/truther/illuminati stuff for some bullshit #woke narrative on how mean people are racist against augs. It was the dumbest shit imaginable, and I never felt compelled to continue the main story on the merit of the story.

Gameplay was really good though. Excellent quest and level design. It's just a shame that there's only one actual hub in the game. Especially given how oddly paced the game is and how the ending is so anti-climactic and how there is a ton of plot threads introduced in the game that end up being loose ends that just get forgotten about, it's pretty clear the game was originally supposed to be longer and then they decided to just slap an abrupt ending in, and then sell everyone a Deus Ex 5 to finish it off.

System Rift - meh, breach segments are bad
A Criminal Past - pretty good but just makes the cancellation of the series even more grating

So it's like IW then? Like father, like son.

the game tends to reverse things when canon gets placed in whatever the next release media is
player choice doesn't really matter in the long run

>MD level design
>good
8 million hackable side-rooms filled with generic supplies is not great level design, it's a tedious chore.

considering the story and gameplay of the last 2 were garbage thats probably for the best

What's the simplest way to pirate these as someone who owns the base game? I refuse to give them a dime after how jewed I felt with a half-completed game.

The biggest evidence for MD Adam being a clone is that Pritchard treats you like a dick again after you to become bros by the end of HR.

No hobo
youtu.be/3lOP_Mupr2k

Also he explains why he decided to become a hobo here at 2:30
youtu.be/t0hgNQENc2Y

lol fuck off, the verticality and explorability were great

>>
>where squeenix didn't ass rape the game and deliver 2/3 of a product?

what are you even talking about? what does this mean? they crammed more than enough shit into that world they created. world was dynamic, fun to explore, i mean what else was there supposed to be? im genuinely asking...

everyone talks about the story, fine, whatever. i wont argue about that. i dont know enough about the history of dues ex to say otherwise...

but the game itself, by todays standards with all the ACTUAL half assed bullshit that developers hand out to people. you won't convince me that Mankind Divided deserves to be thrown into that lot. game was packed to the tits with detail. was amazing that every part of the given cities was pretty much packed with levels to play. anyway my only point was that the game was fucking awesome, the last awesome game i played.

Attached: head splitter.jpg (1920x1080, 1.52M)

jaded gamer

time to move on senpappy. that shit was fun to explore.

I fail to see how that's proof at all.

The game had a hard cutoff at what was obviously supposed to be the end of the second act.

PS3 graphics. HR looked far better.

are you a retard

i see what you're saying. you're talking about it being lacking or unfinished, story-wise. gameplay and detail wise though, i'd argue that it set the bar for this present gen.

I wish I didn't relate to this post

listen, i love the game and have beaten it 5 times but you're a goddamn liar if you don't think it was cut in half or 2/3 after ending how it did

only ONE (1) city hub, no linear ass golem city doesn't count

only ONE (1) boss fight

Pacing is more than just the surface-level story. It's how the game flows, the locations you visit, everything. It's very clearly an incomplete game, and no amount of "w-well it's still better than most other AAA trash these days" changes that.

I don't give a fuck how much worse other games are. I don't play trash games in the first place. I care about the bullshit with DXMD because it's a good game. Or rather, the first half of a good game.

I was enjoying the fuck out of MD (besides the retarded main plot, sadly). But then when I fought and beat Viktor, and then the credits started rolling, I just sat there dumbstruck.
>no, this can't be right, is there some sort of mistake? How can this be the end of the game?

>game has black guy
>Elias CHIKANE
>CHIKANE
they knew what they were fucking doing and you can't tell me otherwise. Also he's a cool guy and I liked learning he's illuminati by hacking his PC in that hidden room.

i didn't mind the pace or the outcome desu. i pretty much took my time throughout the entire game. even replaying certain parts for more fluid and aesthetic playthroughs. the ending did feel kind of abrupt, but again, the detail and the exploration, trying to clean out baddies in satisfying and aesthetic ways etc etc it all kinda kept me occupied for the most part. i havent really sat back and enjoyed a game like i did with MD, in what feels like forever.

Aria Argento is CUTE

>shitty fanfic
>game drops many hints Adam isn't himself when him and Sarif talk about his augs
>you can find his old body in Bob Page's vault

there's no reason not to think Adam is a clone now.

lol bro, how you know what trash is if you don't play it? thank god for demos btw. the anthem demo saved me 60 dollars.

also incomplete is a broad term. there's a difference between a incomplete game that suffers from lack of detail versus a lack of story. i don't think MD suffers from a lack of detail/content....but if you're saying it's half the story and therefore is lacking in conclusion, again i won't argue that.

Yeah, I love dumb retcons too.

I'm saying it's half a game (or more accurately probably around 2/3rds of one). I'm saying you can imagine having a full game with a certain amount of content, areas, NPCs, bosses, objectives, whatever. Then just go to the 2/3rds mark of the game, and take your scissors and cut it in half. That's Mankind Divided, simple as

>"Simple as."

Attached: 1530910372291.png (579x536, 86K)

Squeenix shit the demanding Breach Mode and having it suck the life out of the actual campaign. The away missions largely functional but unpolished. The city has a lot of cool stuff to find but feels incomplete in a lot of places.

Breach Mode was clearly a publisher's wet dream of abusive microtransactions and arcade bullshit. The dev tried to add some juicy stories there, but dealing with the grindwalls got aggravating after a while.

Attached: 1510546737033.jpg (541x541, 33K)

and I'm still right, simple as

Attached: brainlet jon snow.jpg (211x239, 9K)

Don't like it you know where the door is you poofter.

Attached: 1518385782011.png (542x616, 34K)

what the fuck even was breach mode? I think I looked at it for 30 seconds and never again. Is it just VR missions bullshit like in some of the metal gear games?

>half a game
>MUH VERTICALITY (if we say that people might forgive only having one hub)
>star wars prequel plot about a vote
>virtually no grand developments
>muh terrism patsies are the main guy
>non-integrated DLC segments
>retarded phone shit
>weird tacked on puzzle thing
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume square fucked them.

>what the fuck even was breach mode?
It's an arcadey arena style shooter take on Deus Ex's shooting combat. It's based in "cyberspace" so the levels are bullshit. You unlock areas on the overworld and try to complete maps as fast as possible. Sometimes you just need to hack a few terminals, other times you need to fight opponents. You can "cheat" by being special abilities with you, or you can spend real money for special "ammo" and decent equipment. You can earn the premium stuff, but payouts are worse than gacha. Later bosses are impossible fair and each "premium" (real money) resources like candy.

Still, there is a real, branch story for you to explore as you make progress.

Attached: 1384648822209.jpg (572x507, 178K)

She can be my Quartermaster anyday.

Thanks for explaining that. Sounds pretty shitty with all the modern microtransaction skinnerbox bullshit. Kinda glad I never paid attention.
Is the story interesting?

>Is the story interesting?
The story is a lot of conspiracy theories come to life stuff, but the delivery is pretty tasty. You get to deal with shadowy people. You make decisions on what to do with your missions results (like you can destroy the data package you recovered or give it to someone you know who will use it for bad things in exchange for a payoff). There are new reels and other things to spice up the decisions you make as you make progress in arenas. The dev tried their best here to keep it interesting and engaging.

Attached: 1461802229529.jpg (527x516, 149K)

alright, I might actually give it a shot.

If you like modern Deus Ex combat, you will enjoy it for a bit. You can make some progress just on skill alone. Just put it down when the obvious BS hits.