Mage and wizard are two different classes

>mage and wizard are two different classes
>theif and rogue are two different classes
>healer and priest are two different classes

Attached: 1537167726927.gif (400x221, 344K)

Mages cast magic, wizards cast spells
Thieves are thieves, rogues are pirates
Healers are healers, priests are healers with religious connotation

Attached: 1561698785877.jpg (1200x900, 352K)

>shaman and druid are two different classes

>game has mage, wizard, sorcerer, witch, warlock, summoner, shamen, and x-mancers
>no magician

Attached: 1562006223245.png (203x230, 4K)

Magician is a term used to describe people who do magic tricks, so I think RPGs try to avoid the term for the most part to avoid confusion.

>Sorcerer and Sorceror are two different classes

Thieves steal shit, rogues kill shit. Wizards use magic to buff/manipulate, Mages blow shit up. Healers recover physical wounds, Priests inflict mental wounds.

>Survivalist, Ranger, and Beastmaster are all haphazardly smooshed into a single class called "Hunter"

thats an illusionist

>game has puppeteer

Technically speaking you're right. But if you call an RPG character a "magician" chances are the brainlet audience is going to think of Criss Angel or David Blaine. Better to just avoid the term and preserve the player's immersion.

Idk about the others but a mage doesn’t necessarily have the scholarly theme like a wizard

>Thief and Rogue are two different classes
One steals for himself and the other steals and redistributes like Robin Hood. What's so hard to get?

>not understanding the difference between a thief and a rogue

Attached: 1490000196604.png (375x375, 138K)

>eq2
>wizard
>warlock
>conjurer
>necromancer
>illusionist
>beguiler

Attached: gZMZYwH.jpg (720x747, 163K)

fuck i mean coercer not beguiler i just woke up and i'm still a retard

Next you're going to say that ranger, fighter and barbarian should all be the same class. get outta here

>bard class
>but no musician, poet, minstrel, songstress, piper, drummer, lutenist or songsmith classes

I never saw a rogue giving free stuff.

Thief = pro at stealing stuff
Rogue = pretty good at sneaking around and stealing, but not as good at stealing as a thief is

Take a thief with you if you want to steal from a shop while you're still in it. Take a rogue if you want someone to sneak in and steal something that's not behind a master lock.

>Slut and anal slut are two different classes

>No Saxophonist class

Attached: 1536973760874.jpg (258x284, 24K)