Will Blizz ever add content this difficult to WoW?

Will Blizz ever add content this difficult to WoW?

Attached: FFXIV_Unending_Coil_Title.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/chahum/ff_logs_has_reached_warcraft_logs_levels_of/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_zGmu7B0w
livestreamfails.com/post/56138
youtu.be/t6pdVeDS9jw?t=1121)
youtube.com/watch?v=Aqju18pcq6U
twitch.tv/redbull
twitch.tv/Method
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/397980-Lack-of-End-Game-Content
youtu.be/AG5qx583Uys
youtube.com/watch?v=t6pdVeDS9jw
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy8JdxIh88I
curseforge.com/wow/addons/console-port
youtube.com/watch?v=BlF58st2Vsg
youtube.com/watch?v=Rk1FmRA2CLs
wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide#legion-legendaries-by-class
youtube.com/watch?v=fhOleU1HmeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao no, nuwow is piss easy, else normies would quit.

That's probably easier than Deadmines

Why do WoW players need addons to tell them what to do even in mythic content?

Attached: dbm.jpg (211x130, 14K)

How does this phrase go again...?
The best WoW content is worse than the worst FFXIV content?
I think so.

Hopefully not, raiding autism is what killed MMOs.

i don't like nu-wow, but mythic progression content seems really fucking hard.

Because Blizz have accepted these addons as a part of raiding and now design fights around them.
This is why Yoshi-p's stance on addons is a good thing.

Addons trivialize most mythic encounters. Without them I think it would be on par with Ultimates.
Its like any mmo boss though, do it enough times and you kinda just autopilot through it

because the hard bosses can have mechanics that alter timings, final trannies is memorized shit for brainlets with no good players. so they think it's harder when only 0.1% of the community clears the boring raids

Because WoW players are that bad at the game. Plus Blizzard's visual language for mechanics are a clusterfuck.

the stance is due to consoles

>Addons trivialize most mythic encounters

lol

There are 0 bosses in WoW that alter timings that DBM doesn't track.

ffxiv encounters are just memorized dances, which ironically is what everyone hates about modern wow raids, soaking/death zone craft, why are ffxiv players obsessed with wow

Yeah because world firsters and other prog groups don't use fucking ACT callouts?

WoW raiding is harder than FFXIV raiding, because it requires more organization and quick thinking due to how random and chaotic mechanics can be sometimes. Meanwhile in FFXIV any group of shitters can clear Ultimate if they throw themselves at it long enough because it all becomes muscle memory. Clearing Ultimate isn't impressive if it took you 1-2 months to do it.

This doesn't take into account that Ultimate is simply bad design on account of being 15m+ long fights when they could scrunch it down and make it more tight and challenge while also not being as tedious when you wipe seeing a new thing 14m into the fight.

That said I still prefer FFXIV raiding due to the presentation and music and all that stuff.

>making your general in the guise of a WoW vs FF shitflinging contest
heck, why not

Attached: 1538071529002.png (674x575, 301K)

You've never completed a mythic raid.

WoW is the most casual MMO ever made. Even back in 2004 when it was "old-school", it was leagues easier than other MMOs. It's the first MMO that made solo questing viable and you didn't need to party up to reach level cap.

Because raiding is for retards.

Ultimate actually has several RNG mechanics that you quickly need to react to.
You also act like it's as easy as "just remember the thing lol" when there's tons of optimization that goes into actually doing enough damage to beat the dps checks while also properly coordinating mechanics with your team, and much of that optimization changes depending on party comp or personal preferences.

>Knowing exactly what mechanic is up next with giant alarms with red sirens going off if you stand in fire
You gotta be retarded to not be able to clear when addons hold your hand through it.

>no pvp
>no faction conflict
>no desire to play
>no real identity, just another cute face in an endless sea of baras/lolis

what is even the point

Attached: 1511205626001.jpg (319x331, 15K)

post your WoWprogress

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>quickly
lmao delusional trannies

reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/chahum/ff_logs_has_reached_warcraft_logs_levels_of/

Was WoW's new raid that bad?

Attached: 214.jpg (256x223, 9K)

It's not CSGO, Starcraft or Melee fast, but for an MMO i'd say it's pretty fast yeah. You also get punished very severely for any mistakes, so there's a lot of pressure.

Nothing in FFXIV requires minmaxing, not even Ultimate. There's still plenty of room for error in rotations, it's the deaths that fuck you. FFXIV also likes to go on fucking "mechanical showoff" sprees where you don't hit anything and just jump around dodging shit. In many WoW encounters during these type of situations the boss is still targetable, and it is required to DPS during them because WoW has much harsher DPS checks than FFXIV does which is mostly just mechanical ones.

This post is spot on

Attached: 1553459400422.jpg (535x960, 44K)

>punished severely
>infinite battle rezzes
lmfao

Doesn't ACT just parse the battle log/boss cast bars? Not saying it's all that different but it is a lot more simplistic than DeadlyBossMods ever was

so WoWs raiding is not harder mechanically (obviously because of addons) but because it's harder to put together a group of 19 others instead of 7?

The transition phases where you dodge a bunch of stuff are mostly to reset people's cooldowns and less for showing off, imo.
But yeah that's fair to some extent.

>what are dps checks
>what are enrage timers

It's just the weight of years of bad decisions finally crashing down on Blizz.

> Halfway through Stormblood.
> Literally just inconsequential talking to people.
> Pointless cutscenes.
> Retarded jap area revealed.
> 1 dungeon and 0 trials so far.
What the fuck is this?

This is a ranking on how well the average duty finder/party finder people play.

S Tier:
Japs Male/Female Lalafell

A Tier:
American Male/Female Lalafell

B:
Female Miqo'te
Female Hyur
Female Roegadyn
Male/Female Elezen

C:
Male Hyur
Hrotgar
Male Roegadyn
Female Au'ra

F:
Male Au'ra
Male Miqo'te
Viera

Please review and make some changes if necessary.

Attached: 1483231761164.jpg (1024x777, 164K)

Attached: truth hurts huh tranny.jpg (1184x1136, 280K)

Attached: AbsoluteVirtue.jpg (860x856, 499K)

the new raid is actually really good, its every other fucking thing about the game that makes the expansion garbage

>halfway
You are like 1/4 if that

>what are dps checks and enrage timers
something significantly tighter in WoW.

because 2 button rotations

>mid expansion patch vs new expansion

Should I play MNK or SAM?
Which has less buttons and is easier?

No. There are also timelines that you can record and upload to track a fight.

Get res'd once, kiss goodbye to 25% of your total stats for 100s.
Get res'd twice, 50%.

Good luck clearing anything with everyone with -50% on their stats and the healers without mp.

Attached: 1541967401199.png (819x175, 34K)

Keep shifting goalposts faggot, tell me more about infinite rezzes.

SAM is easier

Attached: sam_dps.jpg (1080x1080, 255K)

*kills ur linkshell irl*
nothing personnel...

Attached: PandemoniumWarden.PNG.png (292x429, 181K)

It's really easy actually. My guild already done the new raid on the first day without any practice or even a full 25 man group.

I miss her so much guys.

Attached: 7567CEB9-BD43-45DB-AC99-6779DED3B097.jpg (1233x657, 182K)

I honestly think a higher proportion of FF14's playerbase cares about parsing compared to wow. This is just my experience from doing mythic progression at the start of BFA where maybe 25% of our group even gave a shit about their parse vs my current FF14 FC where people (even casual shitters) are constantly attempting to go for ex titty/inno speedkills to up their percentiles. Dunno why this is but this is just my personal experience

I see
I only ever use the text to speech trigger portion of it to yell at me when I'm passing near Hunt target

>Halfway
>hasn't met best wild and pure and forever free laughing boy
I don't think so Tim.

>party fills
>retarded clown waits till it fills to go afk brb
>someone leaves
>5 minutes later, note to PL that we're not in pf
>was just fixing it :3
Why are people retarded? What, he wants me to believe he was fixing it for 5 minutes? Fuck off.

Attached: 1397597074203.jpg (487x720, 37K)

>AV almost dying
>casts benediction on himself
AV wasn't hard, it was just retarded.

Which makes you go more "oh no" in dungeons?
Your cohealer's or cotank's name being Naruto, Kirito or Asuna?

>tab target mmos
>difficult content

yeah I guess trying to find a group that isn't a bunch mouth breathers is pretty much impossible.

WoW's had decades of bad decisions that were never course corrected that led to its current mess
Imagine if instead of just doing the same thing but more of it every expansion like XIV did, the game did a bunch of stupid shit and then never went back and solved any of it. There's a reason XIV plays it so safe.

I'm 50/124 in quests.
So, a little less than halfway. But unless there's suddenly 3 dungeons in the next 20 quests, this pretty awful.

just so you know, ffxiv players that actually do ultimates also use addons that tells them exactly what to do and what's going to happen, long before it even happens.

>commenting about non-mythic
why tho?

I'm talking about Mythic you buffoon.

I was thinking of starting to use timers and addons for Ex Trials and other stuff.

The only thing that's stopping me is that it honestly feels like cheating myself and cheating others in logs.

the mythic raid still hasn't been cleared by anyone
you wouldn't tell lies on the internet would you?

it pretty much is cheating and entirely unnecessary unless you're just that bad at the game

Quick someone contact method the world first race is actually over, this guy won!

Attached: 1445760879601.jpg (640x640, 63K)

We're not exactly shouting and bragging about it since it was so easy that we just assumed everyone else had already done it. There's probably a bunch of guilds like us who just did it quietly on the first day and never made a big deal out of it.

>did it on the first day
>raid still uncleared with 5 guilds stuck on Azshara
yeah ok retard

post good music
youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_zGmu7B0w

Catboi healers with slutglam and full armored tank roes.
God help us if you get both in the same party

bruh the top guilds haven't cleared the raid yet and theyve been poopsock raiding 12+ hours a day lmao. Why do final fantasy trannies always have to spread lies?

Attached: 1563898069903.png (1200x706, 1.04M)

>Handle your role

Attached: 013.png (726x1100, 212K)

Are there any gunblades that dont look like shit?

I love how every FFXIV thread is 99% about WoW and 1% about the actual game the thread should be about.
You guys are the definition of obsessed.

holy shit
insane

i think you're confusing heroic and mythic

shows how garbage wow players are that they use 100 addons and still can't beat raids fast. they are poor speedrunners which means they are a failure at life.

Attached: wow raiding.jpg (1277x651, 275K)

>bruh the top guilds haven't cleared the raid yet

Sounds like the top guilds must really suck then. It wasn't hard at all.

I've had more difficulty from Duty Roulette levelling dungeons than this raid. All of the modern WoW raids are similarly easy.

>25 man group
that's not mythic, my friend. heroic and mythic seem to be on different planets in terms of difficulty. mythic hasn't even been completed yet as far as i know.

this is some really really epic larp or youre just genuinely retarded.

WoWprog automatically tracks guild progress by the way.

You don’t have to brag about anything for countless websites to track your progress. Try better bait next time.

GO BACK TO WOW WOWFUGEE OR I KILL YOU
livestreamfails.com/post/56138

Attached: fam.jpg (256x256, 8K)

>OP is shitflinging between two games
>Surprised people are talking about two games
Wow no one could've seen this coming

Not if we opt out of it which we did because of privacy concerns after a guild leader was doxxed by another guild which was jealous of our clear.

Been a while since i saw an autist like this polishing his Epeen with bullshit.

ahahahah holy shit this is what FFtrannies actually believe

shit like this is proof a lot of ffxiv fags are just salty ps4 gamers who haven't even played wow

get a pc faggot

>inb4 blizzard sent that email

Given that this place bought that big LARP from an ex-Blizzard worker a while ago they'd probably believe this too unironically. Just make a post saying you're a bitter ex worker who quit after seeing Ion Hazzikostas personally sending death threats to XIV players and people will buy it.

So do your uncle work at Nintendo and has the Switch 3 as well?

it's amazing how many anons are better than literal world first raiders
surprising, almost

How can Blizzard ever recover?

Attached: no king rules forever my son.png (727x510, 107K)

IKR, like they constantly have to let everyone know that FFXIV is better than WoW instead of just playing the game and enjoying it without making constant comparisons to convince themselves they're playing a better game.
Nobody apparently ever told them that everything in life is subjective.

>mythic raid vs extreme primals

I love everything about this post, shine on you crazy diamond.

Attached: 1560325650411.jpg (1430x1866, 731K)

Anyone have a spreadsheet for skillspeed tiers? I can't find one anywhere.

>making obvious lies even after being called out

peak 12 year old in here

The FF14 tranvirg sperg
>has raids so bad nobody actually cares about them
>has content so easy braindead trannies and bald, s0i'd out retards hyped up on estrogen and at record low testosterone levels kill their hardest bosses in the first try (PROOF HERE youtu.be/t6pdVeDS9jw?t=1121)
>has questing so bad that you actually get stockholme syndrome'd out and start appreciating the "story" for some reason in this MMO instead of just playing an actual story game
>stand in town simulator with no raid or dungeon exploration

The WoW turbochad
>consistently 50k+ viewers on Twitch whenever new raids release because raids are full of new and interesting mechanics
>incredibly hard content that has raids not only attempting it 24/7, but also getting PAID by ORGANIZATIONS to do it
>lush, full world packed with lore to enjoy that you don't have to sit through if you don't want to but is there for you to enjoy
>if that gets boring, can always go PvP with your bros (you do like competing against people, right?)

CHAD ALWAYS WINS, BABY

Attached: NO WAAAAYY FIRST FUCKING PULL.png (409x386, 236K)

I fail to see how my gender is relevant here. Also if you'd actually pay attention then you'd see I play both games, it'd be kind of hard to beat the WoW raid if I didn't play WoW.

>best game
>least discussed
(((gaming journalists))) are really shilling this shit hard

oh no think of all e celebs and they sub counts.

>check ShB trailer on metacritic
>Yukiko Ameowgi
he loves it! 10/10!

Attached: ouch.png (381x312, 189K)

this is missing bunny girls so its instantly a 0/10

So you can post a screenshot of your raid achievement, right?

hmmmm

Attached: 1563956683169.png (1432x946, 132K)

>using eclebs as a fucking gauge

Attached: 1562827750370.png (338x327, 169K)

I wish I was a cute girl.

4channel needs that ad revenue bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=Aqju18pcq6U

you tell him girl(male)!

Attached: OH NO.jpg (612x212, 25K)

>471599126
>kill their hardest bosses in the first try
It's this weak bait again.

Attached: 1535299194253.jpg (1179x1079, 183K)

That picture tells multiple stories. You could easily view it as XIV hitting an all-time high of 5-10k consistent viewers while WoW is trending down and having less viewers each expansion.

Every single person's progress is tracked publicly by Blizzard on their website you dumb shmuck. Try being a bit better at lying the next time,

Attached: Unbenannt.png (1610x682, 742K)

>content this difficult

How rewarding is it? it better be superior to Demon's Souls.

GREAT JOB ON YOUR PARSE CO-HEALER. JUST LEAVE THE HEALING TO ME. IT'S NOT LIKE BOTH OF US HEALING WOULDN'T MAKE IT EASIER OR ANYTHING. BUT YOU GOTTA THROW DOWN THOSE BIG DICK DEEPS

I thought this was edited but I just checked and WoW is at 100k while FFXIV is at 8k.
Holy shit this is hilarious with all the shilling going on here.
Clearly it's not paying off.

>more people are watching WoW than playing it
sounds about right.

Attached: 184517.png (1415x598, 47K)

Boy Method/Limit/Pieces is gonna be shocked when they clear and don't get the world first achievement because this guy already has it
Someone's gonna have to break the news to them at some point

Attached: 1488098171542.jpg (360x270, 24K)

>console tranny mmo
yikes dudes

They unironically play MMOs like a single player RPG. XIV is much more suited to this playstyle than most MMOs so that's why it gets higher reviews from journos.

They also don't tend to stick around past the main questline or do any real endgame content.

The raids are designed around having those. Unlike XIV, apparently like a vast majority of WoW players now use DBM.

Imagine unironically thinking this is good. Japshit retarded servers locking you out of playing with friends.

after my 10th or so Titania EX kill as a scholar, I got offended if the cohealer stopped to help too much

>servers are designed to have 1000 people on them
>look it says congested!
lmao

>faggot cohealer just use gcd heals for no reason and would cause considerable overheal if I did heal as well
>let him do the healing
I don't see a problem here.

Really, e-celeb? I challenge you to name one person in the Method guild's real name. Tell me how celebrity they are, retard. Don't google it. If you can't do this without searching it up, you've lost, no debate, end of. As a matter of fact, I know you can't, because -I- fucking can't, and I'm the guy bragging about the Twitch numbers. Viewers are there for the content, not the people behind it.

Attached: 1465475620260.jpg (464x469, 29K)

Then explain how mythic bosses exist where the average pull count is in the hundreds for a first kill where everybody is presumably using these addons that "trivialize" it. This is for guilds progressing on them weeks after the top guilds clear so gear isn't the issue.

Honestly that just looks bad. Can they really not use some of the shittons of money they have to get more servers?

If WoW managed to sustain over 12 million subs at one point without locking all the realms then I'm sure Square Enix could handle 1 million subs just fine if they invested enough money into it.

In WoW it's only the female blood elf players that are trannies.
In FFXIV everyone is a tranny.

Why are obvious shitflinging threads like this allowed to exist?
This is clearly a flamewar trigger

Attached: 1429122571831.jpg (140x178, 4K)

um trannies explain this image?

Hello? Raidtrannies? Please stop dilating and explain????

>incredibly hard content that has raids not only attempting it 24/7, but also getting PAID by ORGANIZATIONS to do it
gonna need a source on that
>if that gets boring, can always go PvP with your bros (you do like competing against people, right?)
I still don't get what's wrong with game having no pvp, especially when in lore/world building it doesn't have any sense.
Overall shit bait/copypaste.

>less stream kiddies and e-celebs
I might actually give XIV a look then, all the cults of personality in WoW are fucking annoying.

You don't have to stay on the server you create your character on.

>"explain why wow players are bad"

I saw a Paladin named Kratos Aurion in Innocence EX today, he was a cool dude. What are some cool Warrior of Light characters you've seen in your parties?

Attached: pld.png (545x1210, 789K)

Tell me, what videogame is this?

Attached: 1562876859405.png (177x301, 87K)

Hey thats me. I always worry that I need to top people off even though deep down I know theres not another AoE anytime soon.

>Remember the time I did a normal raid on Alex as WHM.
>Solo healed the whole thing while also dpsing
>Cohealer tells everyone to comm me

I never felt so happy in my life ;-;

all female elf and female draenei players are trannies.

holy shit this image is fucking based
what was that retard even talking about then?

Unlike wow, most people don't parse.

This entire board is no longer about discussing video games.

He's not wrong, scottzone is a discount asmongold who gets carried through everything by a bunch of legend/ultimate legend people and then complains everything is too easy and the game is bad and needs changing because of it

You need to relax, my dude.

>gonna need a source on that
Red Bull is sponsoring the world first race literally right now, and have for the past few. Method is also both a guild and a company/brand at this point and have dumped money into further monetizing the race. Then you can throw on the standard gayming companies like Razer or those stupid gaymer chairs.

You're going to need a source? Okay.

Here's the redbull gaming arena livestream; all raid competitors are in the arena and being paid to be there.

twitch.tv/redbull

Here's the Method livestream, of the same event.

twitch.tv/Method

They're literally being paid. By Red Bull. Enjoy.

Didn't XIV get close to like 20k on the expansion launch day? That's pretty damn good imo.

Honestly, a big part of the reason shadowbringers got such a high score is how braindead reviewers are, and how 0 difficulty there is for most of FFXIV's content.

Imagine having to pay people to promote your game.

That's an interesting response, and a strange way for you to admit you lost. You shouldn't have replied at all, dipshit.

Looks like I should get my guild leader to contact Red Bull then. We're way better than those Method losers who STILL haven't beat the new raid yet.

Azshara not even on mythic has more mmechanics then some full raids combined though

Attached: 1563875958203.jpg (869x943, 231K)

WoW will never have the soul that FFXIV has. Ion just doesn't give a fuck like Yoshi does.

based lil zoom

it's literally perfect for journos
all the reviews came out right after they finished the story and unsubbed

That didn't answer my question.

They're not even reviewing the expansion in terms of how people will be playing for the majority of it. They just beat the MSQ and then give their rating based off of that.

Beating the MSQ is just the start of the expansion for actual players.

@471600150
Is there a point to this shitposting, or just (You)s?

Eh, it had a 15 year run. Not bad at all for a game. But now it's time for it to end.

>they finished the story and unsubbed
what exactly is wrong with that though?

Thank you, I didn't expect actual respones. None of you have actually said anything about "incredibly hard content".

they upgraded the backend to hold more players.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/

Attached: 1.png (655x275, 26K)

You can't answer a question with a question. You tried to imply WoW was getting serious viewers because of this raid due to e-celebs raiding it; there are no e-celebs raiding it. It's just guilds competing. This is viewership based on content, not viewership based on personality. You've lost. That's enough. Stop typing.

>tfw the honeymoon phase is over
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/397980-Lack-of-End-Game-Content

absolutely nothing if we're talking about a single player JRPG

You say that like leveling content in any modern mmos is difficult. And nobody reviews mmos expansions based on end game content.

Yeah legion already passed, nothing in final fantasy is harder than Kil'Jaeden

What is even being compared in that image? Is the WoW parse from mythic dungeons or the 10 month old LFR? Here's the raid that released the same time as ff14's normal raid

Attached: warcraftlogs.png (1347x633, 107K)

It's not exactly getting the true experience. The MSQ is just a thing that people spend the first few days finishing and then the endgame is the actual content that keeps people playing.

If you want to see incredibly hard content, just watch the streams I linked maybe, dipshit. There are a ton of mechanics though; you might get confused. Much more than just "stack for aoe" and "run out of the flashy stuff".

>official forums

Attached: 1534402580122.gif (490x476, 3.52M)

As far as I know you can upload a parse without actually visiting the site.
Site traffic != number of parses, the owner of the site was discussing traffic not just raw number of parses.
Also it'd be curious to see how many total raid groups there are in each game considering XIV has 8 man groups and WoW has a variable 10-25 depending, as well as multiple difficulty tiers.

ninjabros... where are our buffs?

Attached: ffxiv_25072019_001029_994.png (370x670, 381K)

>first pull of the night
>assuming that means they beat UCoB in one try
Can't tell if retarded or just disingenuous and desperate

Attached: 1551394864258.gif (489x588, 1.33M)

>his is viewership based on content, not viewership based on personality.
Explain just chatting then.

true, discussion here is far superior
seethe cope dilate based retard cringe

>Name: Noctus Highwind
>Server: Jenova
>FC: EX-SOLDIER
>Job: GNB
choosing aether was a mistake

Attached: 1551764263388.jpg (184x200, 10K)

Thread Theme: youtu.be/AG5qx583Uys

Attached: beats.jpg (354x286, 15K)

>fully armored roes are bad
shit

Attached: fucking Emet.jpg (960x1200, 221K)

Clearly not fucking enough then. Last time we heard they were bragging about one million subs at the expansion launch, they should be able to handle that with absolute ease.

And it seems unlikely the amount of subs has dramatically went up since then AFTER the expansion launched.

how stupid are you?

China likes wow because it's the only video game they are allowed to play. Look at the language of most of those parses. Wow is dying in the west, not worldwide. That's why Blizzard is starting to suck Chinese cock more and more.

tinker's bell is so cute!

What the fuck does Just Chatting have to do with what's going on here? Are you retarded? Are you going for some sort of false equivalency thing? I don't care about e-celebs, I'm just not going to let you bullshit about something like that. I'm glad you've gotten your back happily broken, so this can end.

Why do you XIV people always strip the models down to their underwear? I noticed you guys doing it with the mechagnomes too a while back.

Roes on slutglam and mismatching colors are literal the chad vs virgin meme. They can pull half of the dungeon and barely take any damage.
Meanwhile RPing full armored roes pretending to be manly do single pulls, don't use cooldowns and can't even dodge mechanics.

lolwut

Saw a guy names Solid Snake with a FC called -MGS- and a chocobo named Metal Gear a few days ago on Odin. It was rather funny.

I dont know what else you would consider mythic raiding to be. Top guilds from every continent been raiding for the entire for over a week now and are still a ways from killing the final boss. For guilds that aren't raiding literally nonstop with both millions of in game currency and thousands of real life currency backing them Azshara is miles away

damn
you got me...

Attached: 1429152471531.png (563x422, 87K)

Because to weebs the only criteria to a models quality is how well they can fap to it.

It should be.

But, walking from NPC to NPC, reading text, and watching cutscenes is not a 90/100 game.

>What the fuck does Just Chatting have to do with what's going on here?
It completely blows your argument that people watch games and not e-celebs.

>always strip the models down to their underwear
I don't know if you can tell, but that's an animated gif. It's an image format. I do not have any WoW models saved nor have I personally stripped any. Just thought it was an entertaining show of your game's disgusting character models.
Lovely goalposting moving by the way. Good form.

She's about on par with Argath, a LFR boss in FFXIV from last expansion. Not even joking, they stole her entire gimmick from FFXIV

Attached: names.jpg (3025x1423, 872K)

I would like see people do wrath thru legion raids without add-ons that play the game for them. Release re-tuned versions of the old raids that scale your gear and prevent the use of add-ons.

How many "hardcore raiders" actually know the fights? And how many were just playing simon-says with their UI? I guarantee you most of the raiding community is actually pretty trash at the game.

stranger things have happened lil zoom

Attached: 1562204911132.png (821x388, 104K)

I got the Classic bug and resubbed half way through first BFA raid season. Played through to end of second season and quit. The game is such garbage that I think it's turned me off to playing Classic. I quit a month into Cata b/c I was so pissed at what Blizzard did to the game (that was already too easy) and I didn't want to give them anymore money and I quickly got back to that feeling again.

You mean when I said "people are there for content, not e-celeb" you thought I was making a random, broad statement about Twitch in general? You seriously are trying to take that statement out of the context of my post and apply it to the entire site? I was referring to the topic of the reply chain; WoW's current Twitch viewership. You're fucking stupid. You are beyond stupid. You're a level of stupid that can only be achieved through extensive porn addiction and HRT therapy. This is ridiculous. You seriously have to rethink your problem solving and argumentative capability.

Attached: 1476064613849.gif (147x165, 731K)

I just wish it wasn't such a god damn nightmare getting through the 300+ main sceneaio quests just to get to the next expansion. The story is great and all, but it starts to weigh on you pretty heavily once you realize there's a hundred or so more main scenarios to do even after you manage to grind your way to 50 and beat The Ultimate Weapon quest. That's a SHIT LOAD of dialogue and cutscenes to get through

If the base UI had a proper range indicator for nearby party members then pretty much every boss but Mistress Sazine and M Archimonde would be fine without addons.

>XQC autist watching trailers on steam
>30k viewers
b-but people on twat watch games, not people

Attached: 1548474740620.png (1269x723, 521K)

>Why is this run taking so long
>Healer is only using cures and medicas

Attached: 1475956941812.jpg (670x503, 31K)

WoW has no fucking soul anymore. Why are we still even talking about it?

Who do I have to sacrifice to get a good roll on the primal mounts? Every time I see them I roll like below 30.

Just buy a boost. There are multiple boost options available on the Mog Station and you can get level boosts for each job too.

SE is aware that it's a problem and they have provided a solution. Going through the MSQ while these exist is optional.

blizzdrones going through sunk cost syndrome, they will never recover
FFXIV is a race horse, WoW is a horse statue in the clown rodeo museum

well now if this isn't a blast from the past

viera is objectively the best race and only actual trannies would be triggered by attractive tall women

The fact that you think ANYONE in this thread was making that argument is hilarious to me. And incredibly indicative of your level of intelligence, actually.

>But, walking from NPC to NPC, reading text, and watching cutscenes is not a 90/100 game.
That's literally what you do in any rpg, mmo or not. If you need something to tickle your difficul'tism you might as well play ninja gaiden or something.

But Cata was legitimately harder than Wrath. Dungeons were so much harder the forums had a melt down and 10m was no longer pug-retard mode.

I wish I had friends to do this with.

It's just boomers with stockholm syndrome now.

>But, walking from NPC to NPC, reading text, and watching cutscenes is not a 90/100 game.
Maybe you just don't like RPGs user

Why rush it? What do you think is waiting at the end?

You have to start playing like shit. There's a secret algorithm that tracks party performance and adjusts RNG on rolls to give advantages to poor players so that the good players have incentive to play the content again.

>want to level trust
>they do 3k dps
fuck it

Everyone knows what you're doing when you link WoW vs XIV twitch numbers. Stop being disingenuous.

>dps is shit
>blames the healer

It is if you're into RPGs.

>Pegi Sixteen

Attached: 1560273813106.png (516x627, 307K)

retard

Manlets hate tall women as well

How can you try to defend talk and fetch quests when runescape had better quest experience over a decade ago?

i mean, there's more that goes into being an MMO than just rushing to beat the max level content. that's the thing blizzard lost sight of and it's why their boring fucking raids are the only thing people pay attention to.

Im not saying Twitch views correlate to player count. Im just wondering how theres such a tremendous disparity for what is being touted as such a huge game. WHY does it not have viewers? WHY is it supposedly not fun to watch yet fun to play? WHY does it have no big name streamers despite being years old?

Genuinely rubbed my dick raw because of this sloot

Attached: 1560565817332.png (296x312, 145K)

>Everyone knows what you're doing when you link WoW vs XIV twitch numbers.

I'm comparing the draw of one game to the draw of another for viewers? This correlates to popularity, you know. How does that have anything to do with the argument "People watch twitch for games, not personality"? You're operating on a fallacy within a fallacy, little man, and it's damn good you didn't actually reply to my last post that blew your little back out.

did the servers die

Attached: error.jpg (563x243, 16K)

m-m-muh twitch views!!

INV ASMONLAYER too btw

If you were him, you'd do it too. Can't blame monsters for doing what you would do.

Mythic raiding is harder than FFXIV

But it's not exactly a good thing, it's tuned so only the best classes get a spot, throughout BFA Death Knights have had to pretty much sit out of Mythic for example, fun huh?

>Ocarina Offtime

Attached: 1560001229860.png (640x360, 459K)

>SE is aware that it's a problem and they have provided a solution.

it's for people who are already familiar with the game that want to play on an alt for some reason or boost a role they already have experience in, it's not intended for brand new people to skip 95% of the game then start shitting up DF, but yes SE will happily take your money regardless since new players who boost generally quit a few weeks after

>watching people play video games
>watching people play MMOs, one of the slowest and low skill games

Attached: huh.png (371x182, 35K)

Why are you moving goalposts

>Make my chocobo my dance partner
>Does more dps than Ryne in trust dungeons
she's fucking useless

To all the people trying to claim Mythic raids are hard

Attached: f63.jpg (396x382, 62K)

you realise it's an mmo, not a single player jrpg?

more suffering for those around than I can imagine

>No I WONT do damage, i exist only as a walking health potion!

actually methods been bringing an fdk since the buff

Because in order to enjoy watching the raid content, you need to understand the raid content. That's a small percentage of the playerbase, and most of them aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their ass watching people on Twitch. They're pushing savage/ultimate or taking a break inbetween (because FFXIV allows you to do that without horribly punishing you).

You have the option to play it as a single player JRPG though, and some people do that

It's part of the older generation of mmos. Of which neither wow nor ff14 are part of.

Why can't XIV get an Asmongold?

>slowest and low skill games
I agree, that's why nobody watches XIV

You realize that no game is meant to be played 24/7 right? A good game doesn't punish you for wanting to take a break.

>taking a break inbetween (because FFXIV allows you to do that without horribly punishing you).

Explain.

Huh, she's always writing hard in my playthroughs, I'm a scholar main btw.

Maybe you ought to headpat her more before pulls.

>you have to understand how to walk out of aoe's and stack on pulls

Holy shit, your arguments are just failing you over and over lmao, how pink are your cheeks right now

I don't recall ever having to do hours of that shit in FFXI.

>FF raiding
>Hard

Attached: 1554210338290.png (371x353, 148K)

What tank has the best sustain right now? PLD?

ffxiv is competing for wow's casual players who just quest+queue, it's not competitive in raiding

Take this.

Attached: HAHAHAHAHA.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

FFXIV is a really comfy video game fàm. I don't know why people act so serious about it, have fun it's a game.

Attached: white mage.jpg (832x903, 172K)

except the part where you can't complete the msq as a single player

a good mmo doesn't run out of content in one day either but here we are

not an argument
I wasnt the original comment, I'm not moving anything. he also said it *should* be, not that WoW is any better. Claiming garbage questing is just a facet of MMOs is retarded because some games have done good questing.

Blood DKs were fine in Uldir. I can't really feel bad for Unholy given how retarded it is in PvP right now.

>played lalafell in ARR before I dropped the game
>am neither of those and chose lalas because they are cute

Attached: 1538022142966.jpg (800x1143, 133K)

Really? You don't remember the hours of unskippable cutscenes you had to get through to get into Sky or Sea?

Thanks for sharing

Bold face lie nigger

Oh yeah, sure, there was a couple. Don't know about hours.
But they were the minority compared to gameplay.

>I have never done an Ultimate raid in my life

WoW used to be similar, mainly during WotLK and the end of BC, where it allowed you to easily catch up and do all of the content. Currently, WoW is a nightmare of rep grinds and time-gated content in order to catch up.

It's the main reason I quit. No, I don't want to grind rep for the 8th time.

The raid content is fine, but BfA as a package is legitimately that bad. The game is in hot fucking water right now and if the next expansion isn't a complete turnaround the game doesn't have much of a future.
Classic is legitimately more exciting to the average person than any new WoW content currently, and the developers should see that as a massive red flag.

INV TO ASMON LAYER PLS

they gave her trick attack. they had to do her like ninja.

Lalas are always meme loving fucks that play like shit in my experience.

Man. Are there any fucking monsters in XIV that wasn't just taken from XI? ANY?

>Oh yeah, sure, there was a couple. Don't know about hours.
You're going senile, grandpa. I replay FFXI's story whenever the free periods come up. There are hours of unskippable cutscenes in every expansion blocking you from the raid content.

I'm just saying, it's pretty sad the game can't hold up to the standard of the game it's a successor to, given how long it's been.

Nope, but this guy has

youtube.com/watch?v=t6pdVeDS9jw

FIRST FUCKING PULL WOOOOOOOOOOOO

XIV is fun so people are busy actually playing it

WoW is a trainwreck so people would rather watch it

>where it allowed you to easily catch up and do all of the content

Wait, so you want it to be MORE casual?

She is only for big bothering and protecting. For shame.

YOU DO NOT BELONG IN MY WORLD

STEP INTO NOTHING

Because XIV does not have good entertaining streamers and people are playing XIV instead of watching it.

Do you even understand why people watch streams? They either want to be entertained or they want to see what they can't do.
When XIV content is accessible to pretty much everyone then viewership drops since people are experiencing the content for themselves and since the disparity between a regular player and a "pro" isn't that much then people don't give a fuck about watching streams.

That's the reason why ultimates are usually a stream success since only a few are willing to do ultimate raids, so everyone that can't or don't want to do ultimate watch people streaming instead.

S RANK ASMONGOLD SPOTTED

Every expansion they skim through the list and directly port from XI
It's kinda funny

Scottzone is trying his best but people are getting tired of him being carried through everything and then calling it easy. At least Asmongold knows he's bad and admits he's being carried

INV PLSS

Because the addons don't get their info from thin air?

You didn't spend most of your time doing storyline in FFXI.

That's for Classic WoW dipshit. Classic isn't even running right now so this is completely unrelated to WoW's current twitch viewers.

>it has less views because people are playing it!

my fav meme

You know he was being ironic right?

I easily drop 10k dps per dungeon as a healer, the issue is that dps usually don't pull their weight.
So if a dungeon feels slow, it's not that the healer isn't dpsing.

so this entire thread is 90% people who only raided either in WoW or FFXIV trying to talk shit the other despite having 0 personal experience with it?

Attached: 1557631757004.jpg (622x553, 248K)

> dungeon roulette
> catboy healer
> proceeds to say he wants to enjoy the dungeon so please respect the content
> full played roe tanks says he “respects the content by pulling big
Thankfully he was a PLD so we didn’t need the healer who started whining and got kicked after 5 mins

coping

>it's so fun we're all just playing it!
I love this excuse, meanwhile there's an XIV shitflinging thread up 24/7 while you idle in your houses and WoW is busy raiding as seen in the logs here

Most of the 1.0 monsters. Ogres, morbols, ahrimans, magitek vanguards, cyclopes, etc.

In FFXIV do I need to be conservative with the glamors I get from leveling? I have a low level robe I like but I'm worried about "wasting" glamors on low level gear.

post the webm
you know the one

How good is the FFXIV TV show gonna be? Ready to see some live action Dragoons?

Attached: ff.jpg (848x630, 237K)

Feel free to compare them and report back on your findings

>their actual argument for why the game is dying on Twitch is because "everyone is playing it instead of watching it"
>as they idle in the game and tab out while playing it to their second monitor to talk shit on Yea Forums
>then tab out to their third Chrome window to see how their favorite streamer on [x] game is doing
>but "nope, everyone but me can only focus on one game at one time and there's no reason to watch it if you're playing it"

No, you didn't, and you don't spend most of your time doing storyline in XIV either. But you still had to do it to unlock raid content, and didn't even have the option to skip cutscenes like XIV does.

It's pretty depressing how shit the fetch quests are in FFXIV. The worst part is there's just so many of them. It's like they randomly decided this storyline needs to be padded out by retarded fetch quests.
They're never even remotely challenging or engaging.

Fuck man. I thought that owl was pretty cool but now it's just a reskinned XI boss I'm more interested in knowing the origins of.

Attached: 54345345453453.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Attached: godbert.webm (800x456, 2.85M)

hey can you delete this post real quick thanks

FF has so many iconic monsters it'd be a shame not to use them. They have more than enough anyway, the bestiary is huge.

Nahw, you can be fairly wasteful with them honestly.
Even then i wouldn't bother using them on lowlevel gear though, wait at least until 50+ imo.

Why does anyone care about Twitch?

>"H-He lied!"

LOL SO THE FF14 FANBASE IS KNOWN TO LIE TO MAKE THEMSELVES SEEM BETTER

HMM

INTERESTING

ALMOST LIKE THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS BASED ON A COMPLETE LIE FROM THE OP LOL

What tipped you off?

Attached: 1517686418106.jpg (640x628, 119K)

yes every fucking mmo wars thread is literally just
>PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT (BUT ARE SURELY EXPERTS ON)
VERSUS
>PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT (BUT ARE SURELY EXPERTS ON)

No. They're easily made by crafters. If you're on Odin I could even hand you some prisms for free.

Catching up should always be casual. Top tier content shouldn't be.

For example, you can catch up quickly on FFXIV, but you aren't going to clear Ultimate for months, maybe ever.

Most of those names are pretty based imo

for a game revered for its story and cutscenes, jesus christ the animation and facial expressions are straight dogshit compared to XI

i dont wanna interrupt your real time meltdown but "first pull" can mean of the night my dude

You spend significantly more time on shitty story line quests in FFXIV than you did in FFXI.
FFXI also had significantly more difficult content that actually required above 80IQ.

Why can't WoW have fun stuff like this? We just get a dwarf in an outhouse every expansion.

The real reason XIV isn't present on twitch is because there are no "big name" streamers that play it for the masses of twitch-watching zoomzooms to follow and dicksuck. Anyone who says otherwise is retarded.

You dont need to raid in a game to know what its raiding is like

Best advice I can give is learn to use the armoire in the inn and glam plates.
Don't worry about wasting glam prisms, they're cheap as fuck.
I mean I don't play WoW but still watch it on occasion. XIV doesn't really have a lot of good streamers and it's not really that much of an entertaining game to watch.
Because when it favors their argument, it's relevant. When it doesn't, they don't bring it up or go
>twitch

>Using Twitch as a example of how good a game is

kek

I understand what you mean but in other FF's they remodel all the classic monsters. All the PS1 FF's have new designs for all the classic monsters for example.

There’s no other word for this than Based.
Ffxiv raiding is a joke, why do you think every piece of content that’s supposed to be “hard” is cleared within 2-3 days. Entire tiers are cleared in a fucking day. But the community is so cancerous that they gate anyone and everyone out of content. Ultimate fights have such a negative stigma when all they are just memorization and repetition of the same mechanics you’ve been doing for 8+ years in a slightly different order and with intimidating music and slightly better visuals

Attached: 12826649-1FC4-49EF-AA1E-D2EA15707FEC.jpg (500x403, 30K)

MORE WEASELING FROM THE FF14 TRANNY LOSING HIS MIND

>WoW used to be similar, mainly during WotLK and the end of BC, where it allowed you to easily catch up and do all of the content. Currently, WoW is a nightmare of rep grinds and time-gated content in order to catch up.

This is the same reason I stopped. It was so easy to catch up alts and shit back in WotLK and Cata, it was even fun to do so. But once MoP came around, it became a nightmare to keep multiple characters caught up with all the reps and legendary grinds.

Twitch viewership is important for marketers and zoomers and Yea Forums is full of both

Non JP players.

>You spend significantly more time on shitty story line quests in FFXIV than you did in FFXI.
Not a fucking chance. You just don't remember how fucking long and padded XI's story was. I remember because I've gone through everything up through WotG recently. XI's story is much longer than XIV's.

the story is really good though

Attached: aimbot.webm (1368x768, 2.05M)

SE's approach to challenge content has swung around wildly, and some QoL stuff has come in along the way to speed up first clears too. Bored at work so I'm gonna essay this :P

Note: As a general trend, "players get better over time" is broadly true especially when considering the earliest tiers, and those following the advent of Ultimate encounters.
Turn 5 (Twintania) took 65 days.

In addition to players coming into a brand new game and starting from scratch, there was no Party Finder, no ability for players to re-play or help each other with raid fights they'd cleared that week, the game in general had latency issues, players were not very good, and Twintania itself was bugged and taken down for a spell.
Turn 9 (Nael) took 19 days.

While the bugs and latency were sorted out, and the party finder existed, raids still were not re-doable. Players starting the tier were at item level 90 (max was 110), and had no means of upgrades save for raid loot and weekly tomestones.
Turn 13 (Bahamut Prime) took 5 days.

Raids were now re-doable, but given the time frame this wasn't super relevant. I don't remember when ACT came along, but I think this was the first tier for which it had been out for any length of time, presumably contributing to player skill. Otherwise same scenario gear-wise and such as turn 9 (start tier 20 item levels below max).
Gordias A4S (Manipulator) took 34 days.

As a reaction to people thinking Turn 13 was cleared "too quick" (silly as that sounds now), A4S was deliberately tuned to require gear beyond what was attainable on its release. Players were able to have a mix of (max item level -20) and (max item level -30) gear on launch, while the fight expected (max item level -10) or so.

user it's not about how good a game is. It's 2019. We're past such arbitrary metrics like that, because it's all opinion based.
Now we're in to the hard hitting factual metrics of how alive or dead a game is based on Twitch viewership.

Mythic isn't 25 man... And raids scale to the number of people in your group...

Attached: 1542402249595.png (415x317, 72K)

Yeah, I had a lot of fun before getting all my alts leveled. Even if they weren't gonna be geared for raids, it was cool to catch them up and play new things.

Now it's a fuckin nightmare.

>Twitch viewership is important for marketers
They literally don't give a shit since twitch viewers aren't subs.

Attached: 1557382202105.png (841x432, 78K)

Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) took 11 days.

Ultimate fights are tuned for exactly the maximum item level at the time, so there can be no overgear or undergear. Aside from just being really hard in general, UCoB's clear time was slowed by (a) extreme length, being an 18-19 minute fight meant lots of time re-playing learned phases; (b) a mechanic around ~10 minutes in that took players a while to figure out; and (c) a fast-paced and highly reactive second phase that ended lots of runs 4-6 minutes in until groups had it completely down and vigilant about max focus.
Sigmascape O8S (God Kefka) took ~18 hours.

Nothing notable here, just a continuation of the Deltascape model with no two-weeks advance normal mode to practice. The first part of O8S was a couple minutes longer.
The Weapon's Refrain (Ultimate) took 5 days.

SE scaled back on the fight length this time, shaving around 3 minutes off while generally speeding up the pace. "UWU" was less about difficult reactive mechanics and more about puzzle mechanics, where world racers had to continually go back and re-evaluate how they did earlier phases in order to fulfill a requirement needed later on. This approach was extremely well-received, enjoyed both by the racers / streamers and by those following them, even though the fight itself once solved is not quite as difficult as UCoB.

with wow you have guilds playing almost 24/7 & getting fucking paid to go for world first, it's really not comparable to ffxiv

mythic raiding isn't fun either, too overturned to make no lifers sweat

>their actual, real, legitimate argument this time is that people are not watching this game on Twitch because it has no personalities
>meanwhile, a WoW stream with NO personalities on it, whatsoever, a SINGLE WoW stream with NO e-celebs at all, just a competition of raiding, is beating the entirety of FF14 RIGHT NOW in numbers
twitch.tv/Method

the ffxi strix is nothing like book birb. it's just a nm roc

imagine being a wowfag right now

Attached: 1561805731337.jpg (494x453, 52K)

remember when method used to sell raid carries back in TBC? lol

You'd think so, but the level of misinformation here is astounding

storyline in XI
>build an 18 man group
>enter promyvion, level 30 cap
>fight your way to the bottom floor sticking tight and entering memory receptacles at the same time or else you'd be lost alone
>get to the bottom floor
>someone aggroes a thinker
>he's fucking gone
>team makes a rescue attempt for him
>they're fucking gone
>abandon them and get to the boss arena
>reform groups with what you have making two balanced teams since the third was lost
>actually get an attempt at the boss which is absurdly fucking difficult and you wont be able to clear it without your 2hrs

story in XIV
>deliver 4 bear asses to the waking sands
>fight an NPC who drops AoE circles that aren't fatal while a friendly NPC heals you for half your health every 2 seconds

Attached: Thinker_%28FFXI%29.png (329x361, 110K)

I played XI for years. The storyline at least was broken up by interesting content and engaging fights.
FFXIV isn't broken up by anything. It's just a long slog of fetch quests and dungeons that are literally impossible to fail.

Exactly dude. I loved back in Wrath where I could hit 80 on a character, do Heroics on them for a week and then just jump into a ToC raid and blow shitters out the water. Try to do that now and you'll be laughed out for not having your artifact shit leveled up or whatever.

You forgot the part where the party swears they all brought potions for the boss only to suddenly reveal they lied at the door before.

what you described is what ruined WoW

Nice cherrypicking.

Nah, it was the height of it. Everything they did after, starting with the implentation of LFR is what ruined it.

How long did it take for your clear? 7 months? 10? Keep trying to jump through hoops to defend 14’s shitty design choices when it’s really has no depth or nuance and consists entirely of flashy visuals and good music. I hope that glowing blue shield and yellow glowing dildo you call a sword makes you feel better about yourself when you’re clenching your teeth dilating

Attached: FB8F053C-377C-41B3-AFF2-03503F4DC91D.png (400x430, 382K)

we're at day 9 and no one is close to clearing Azshara yet
it's definitely safe to say people were far worse years ago so I don't think it's worth bringing up older raids really
Azshara is at least on par with UCoB difficulty, we'll see if it's harder soon enough

People sold fucking everything back in TBC, because it was a mad popular game. I played TBC in its entirety and never even heard of the name Method, though. Just goes to show you pay attention to what you pay attention to.

>Yeah because world firsters and other prog groups don't use fucking ACT callouts?
There is nothing in both UCoB/UWU that mandate mechanics callouts similar to WoWshitters DBM reliance unless you're a shitter with Titan Gaols by taking advantage of a scripting oversight.

Attached: bigbrother.jpg (1285x720, 110K)

>The storyline at least was broken up by interesting content and engaging fights
>spend 6 hours farming a drop
>trade it to ???
>wait until JP midnight so you can get a cutscene
>wait until JP midnight so you can accept the next mission

goto goto

Name one story line quest in FFXIV even remotely comparable to ONE of the THREE promyvions in XI.

Yeah but FFXIV players aren't the ones talking about their twitch numbers now are they? Companies like Blizzard or Riot design their games around streamers/esports. Twitch numbers are their lifeblood

>Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) took 11 days.

Because of a much smaller playerbase which is less experienced with raiding and, most importantly, the lack of a Method-like guild. If you were to take Method alone out of the equation then Mythic raids would take far longer to be beat.

Remember when C'thun was broken and you just couldn't kill it.
Man now THAT was a kino fight, since the only reason a fight can be good is in the context of how long it takes for people to clear.

you don't have to cherrypick for XIs stories
tenzen, ultima and omega, gessho, alexander, etc etc, all memorable fights

It's because it was your first time playing WoW user

There are milestones to hit but they get easier every week. Nobody will actually care unless you're applying to a hardcore guild.
Most of the things that Wrath brought were actually what made progression and investment meaningless.

There's a reason why Wrath was the height of WoW. Because that content was fun. It allowed both casual and hardcore players to have a good time.

>Yea Forums "hates" WoW yet can't stop talking about it
lol

Nice cherrypicking.

Not even sure which game you're arguing in favor of but don't act fucking dumb. Obviously a fight being flat out broken and mathematically impossible to beat is completely different to one just being incredibly hard.

the main storyline because it actually made me feel something, unlike anything in XI

literally name one mission that did this
I'll wait

I didn't say it didn't, but XIV also has their share of memorable fights just like XI also has deliver 4 bear asses.

I mean it's the same thing with Twitch.
They say WoW's shit, Twitch is shit. Yet bring it up when it can either support their argument or put something down.
Also Yea Forums is multiple people.

Nowadays Ion only gives a fuck about the top 1% of hardcore players while everyone else is getting screwed over. They need to realize that it's the casual players that have sustained the game this long, not the hardcore ones.

>tfw DBM had to be nerfed because the location data it could provide could even tell players in what direction and where to move to avoid mechanics.
Man I hate how people are actually happy DBM exists, DBM/ACT/Raid Notifier, all these addons just ruin games. I don't really blame any company who wants to take the stance against addons at this point.

#JustZoomerThings.
Yeah, user. Turning in that 15th Bear Anus really brought emotion to me.

Coil was good but XIV made sure to make retard friendly normal modes from then on

>XI
>no map accessible, learn the layout and its layout iterations to min-max
>45min to deal with trash that'll kill you solo, as well as having to deal with killing 3 NMs, 2 NMs, and then finally an HNM
>need to split-up the alliance deal with the sets of NMs in a reasonable time
>no respawning, plus having to refarm entry item if you wipe
>18 people recommended
>last boss can wipe the group if it just feels like it

>XIV
>map may as well not exist since it's a straight line
>90min to kill one doorkeeper and one boss
>can keep retrying for free
>8 people max of 2-tanks 2-healers 4-dps

Attached: MMO raids.jpg (1387x660, 456K)

Just because the raiders are undergeared doesn't mean the raid is hard. Once they get high enough item level they will beat the boss first pull every reset because the mechanics are piss easy

Nah brah you don't get it, you had to be there. It was a truly EPIC experience to not be able to clear something because of broken or overtuned encounters.
I tried to convince my friends to level 10 of the same class in Legion for legendary fishing to qualify for server and world first clears but those casuals wouldn't do it. Fucking lame-os amirite dudes?

removing radar was fucking bullshit, imagine doing archimonde lasers without radar

Attached: 1426459193673.jpg (543x405, 141K)

I started in late vanilla

while i dont know what your obsession with bare asses is, im more referring to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy8JdxIh88I

except they've exclusively been wiping to learning mechanics and figuring out strats

>huge intricate path
>still beeline through the fastest path effectively turning the dungeon into a straight line

Yeah bro it'd actually be hard, imagine that! Difficulty sucks!

It doesnt matter if an addon tells you when a big event is coming because Blizzard is overlapping events randomly.

The final end boss in mythic for eternal palace periodically tells everyone in the raid to do 1 to 3 things (like move, stay, absorb) and for each order you ignore you take stacking dot damage.

I killed M ashvane today ask me anythign

actually he's referring to delve where spawns are randomized
you have to find the shit on your own

So just don't ignore the orders then dumb fucks. I could do that shit easy.

The game looks like shit when they overstretch the face vertices for exaggerated expressions. They did it a lot in ARR. I wish I had that compilation picture of it.

Attached: Lore-Train-Identifying-the-Dead-2-Teledji.png (1360x768, 1.01M)

Isn't that the same mechanic as the last boss of the first Ivalice raid?

But it was WA that was hit?

Why have you not quit? Not even some retarded XIV shill but giving money to blizzard is just a mistake right now. Game is broken at a systems level

There's no beelining though. The NMs wander about the area and you need to seek them out. Crazy concept, right?

did you use a bdk third tank

they don't stream it because there is no audience for the game.

You can play the game on a controller, so the fact that some people here are acting arrogant about it is hilarious.

>women serve a purpose beyond accepting pee pees into their vee vees

Attached: 1547868905841.png (669x625, 584K)

> Those animations.
> That plot.
Kek. There's anime with better storylines than there. Of course, with anime, you miss out on the incredibly engaging quests that FFXIV has to offer.

You can play WoW with a controller too.

curseforge.com/wow/addons/console-port

>The final end boss in mythic for eternal palace periodically tells everyone in the raid to do 1 to 3 things (like move, stay, absorb) and for each order you ignore you take stacking dot damage
That's Argath's fucking mechanic. That's a fucking normal mode 24-man babby raid boss. Holy fucking shit is this actually all WoW has to offer?

It's a nice concept but sounds like a pain in the ass to do every week. Just like coil trash was a novelty for the first few runs but afterwards only turned into a chore.

Show me your CE achieves bro :^)

Begone incel.

I agree there are many broken systems, but raiding is still fun.

No, we used a bear to soak the shits.

>navigating this fucking moving maze room packed with blood aggroing undead in Sacrarium for a story mission
game was based as fuck

Attached: Sacrarium_1.png (512x512, 85K)

Every patch in WoW they accelerate your artifact power gains, and give free gear to bump you into the newest content. You have no idea what you are talking about if you are saying it was easier back in 2010 to get back into the game.

>video is 8 minutes long
>couldn't even watch that
talk about ADHD, thanks for proving yourself a mental midget

Attached: 1540972477903.jpg (415x355, 45K)

Is that why the casters are talking about gear all the time? Gear is all that matters in wow, that's why videos like this exist youtube.com/watch?v=BlF58st2Vsg
Nobody is complaining about mechanics, only gear

Go get that Red Bull sponsorship and tens of thousands of revenue from Twitch subs bro if you're so sure you'd find it easy. Method only has these because they're the best and it sounds like you're far better than them.

There's a boss fight in legion that describes what you're talking about. It's called coven of shivarra, and the heroic version (2nd hardest) is honestly the worst designed boss in the history of raiding. The mythic version has a set rotation and added an additional shivarra to the mix. The mythic version, gearchecks aside, is easier and much more fair.

XI has some decent animations (especially ToA-onwards), but facial expressions were never its strong suit due to limited bone count, short of specific exceptions to certain WotG/SoA models which had higher-detail versions for faces. Webm unrelated.

Attached: Pets.webm (800x500, 2.88M)

user, remarkable concept for you.
Having watched something once, people do not need to watch it again in its entirety to remember it.

right, because of their ridiculous prep with split runs they're borderline fully geared in mythic ilvl
thanks for agreeing with me that they're purely wiping to mechanics

Mythic raiding is just as hard. The challenge in MMOs is finding enough non-retarded players to do complex content with, not doing the content itself.

that's one mechanic, and nice going shifting the argument point? You said everything was auto pilot just because an addon tells you an event is coming up?

Apparently I am yeah if that's the hardest fucking mechanic that boss has. Again, a normal mode boss of a 24-man raid that's made for literal retards to clear does that fucking mechanic. XIV's playerbase is fucking braindead and they still manage to do it. I'm not sure why you think a red bull sponsorship changes that.

Mythic wasn't entirely clear of RNG bullshit, though. Random Shadowstorm positioning, among some other things, could make certain pulls literally impossible until they fixed it.

nice cherry picking brah
I don't even play this shitty game btw

>sounds like a pain in the ass to do every week.
Oh poor zoomer, XI had no weekly lockouts! Three days at most. Delve let you enter once a game day as long as you had the entry item, which either farm it yourself or pay for it from player bazaars. Fuck I miss bazaars.

The facial animations weren't good but they weren't offensively bad like the expression stretching in XIV at least

So you're just pretending to be retarded with your bare ass obsession? Okay. Here's me hiding your post chain. Feel free to keep replying if you want.

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard when you have a Red Bull sponsorship and thousands to spend on paying the best players to join your guild. You're acting like it's a bunch of regular guilds competing using randoms who happened to be on their servers.

The point here is that you need to do it multiple times.

>raiding is still fun
genuinely how though? Its beyond unrewarding, numerous grossly bad fights (Ghoon, Zul) and specs with wildly imbalanced toolkits. 20m is an awful raid size too

... you mean the shit used in the "absurdist japanese humor" questline that's a joke?

Fuck SoA hurt
Darrcuiln, Morimar, August

Attached: 1475571289667.jpg (500x375, 66K)

>if that's the hardest fucking mechanic that boss has

Obviously it's not, dipshit. He also simplified it to hell and back.

That wasn't too bad. I used map markers to tell me which set of rooms to travel through on a given day since it was broken down into two rows of 3 rooms. Was a neat concept though, and then you accidentally run into that one NM there that wanders who then proceeds to rape you.

Attached: XI.png (306x79, 23K)

>i main WHM

Attached: an actual retard.jpg (532x800, 89K)

Uldir was a long time ago mate. BoD was a really good raid and Eternal Palace is a really good raid too.

The biggest problem with FFXIV is just laziness really. They never bother making unique animations for cutscenes. So, instead you have everyone flapping their arms around like a retard, or that retarded Thinking action.

Retard, they prep so they can trade gear to each other because the gear they have is not sufficient to kill the bosses. If they have enough gear why do they go grab the weekly cache? They're strong enough right? Or maybe they need the extra push because blizzard tune their bosses way too high

that just shows how hard it is though, the best sponsored guilds are struggling on it, meanwhile ffxiv hard content is beaten by pugs

Who said it was the hardest or only mechanic? No one gives a shit about FFIV

There's a difference between being able to play a game on a controller and having a game specifically designed for the controller.

hot gamer girls play WHM? damn time to oil up next time i see one

Shouldn't you be on the OF screeching for WHM nerfs?

it's definitely in mainline story content with BIG SCARY GRINS FROM THE BAD GUY OH NO

Attached: 1470888603106.gif (260x146, 1.14M)

>all that camera panning and bobbing, and following subject of interest
This is all I fucking want in ARR's CS. The camerawork outside of select MSQ story are so fucking static it hurts.

Dilate, etc.
You sound stressed.

why gear is so boring in ffxiv? it's just a stat stick, nothing more

>If they have enough gear why do they go grab the weekly cache?
this is actually the most stupid thing I've ever read, congrats
tuning is something blizzard is actually good at, raiders have all agreed that tuning for every final boss has been spot on and it's difficult only mechanically

After playing ESO for a few years I give up on developers being able to create meaningful choice.

Why do retards on Yea Forums think busywork means quality?

they simplified it from what it was
just like your chosen god and your race actually affected more than just a tiny stat that's made irrelevant in 5 levels

Fuck man, I missed out on a WoW shitposting thread...

Show me a balanced game where gear is more than a stat tick

Female Roegadyn reporting in. I love you guys.

same reason people think complexity means good design.

Glamour is to blame really.
The devs know people will just hide armour behind whatever retarded costume they feel like wearing, so, why put any effort into it?

Balamor was a better character than Emet-Sechs also.

Attached: Balamor.png (498x600, 370K)

same reason other retards think difficulty means quality, say it with me: D I C K W A V I N G

WoW Legion due to the legendary system.

Because it separates the normies from the people who actually are interested in gaming.

WoW has just dropped down to 70k viewers. Meanwhile XIV is rising and is currently approaching 7k viewers.

Only if you want to gear up more than one job, sure. At least you *can* gear up more than one job in a month if you so desire, unlike Lockout Fantasy XIV.

Can you describe what the gear did besides add stats? Are they still relevant in BfA?

>normies
go back to plebbit

legendaries were based when they added currency for them
felt so good swapping between them for aoe, single target, intermittent cleave, mobility, survivability
XIV trannies would never understand

what, that does not really makes sense

To avoid gear confusion and overly lengthy armor descriptors.

Attached: STAT PUKE.png (366x264, 80K)

>RNG legendaries where some were mandatory for your class and others were entirely useless
>Good and balanced design
Are you drunk?

If they gave us specs, gear with specific bonuses, made racial bonuses relevant, etc minmaxing autists would gatekeep content from everyone that didn't conform to the absolute best loadout. ie the game would blow and everyone would be railroaded down the same path anyway

Twitch numbers only matter when there's the personality to drive the views. Asmongold brings 20K minimum to WoW alone. If he wasn't streaming WoW he'd bring that 20K to another game. I can't think of a single FFXIV channel that's not dogshit

>xiv almost has 10% of the viewers
how will wow ever recover?

I'M GONNA SAY IT
FUCK SUMMONERS

Attached: CLASSIC.png (554x400, 71K)

lmao ffxiv wont even reach 10k

I thought you mean appearance-wise.
The reason they don't have stats is because it's too complicated for zoomers.

Are you joking? Blizzard are fucking dogshit at balance. They actually go in and tune bosses between pulls because months on PTR is apparently not enough. Preach, Wow slurper extraordinaire, has said that Blizzard can't even beat their own bosses so they go in on godmode just to test that all abilities play correctly and then let the raiders figure out if the damage is balanced or not youtube.com/watch?v=Rk1FmRA2CLs

wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide#legion-legendaries-by-class

I guess there had to be some form of complexity to keep your brain from caving in from the boredom of your 2 button rotations lmao

I love that SMNs in XI finally have an actual place, despite taking over a decade of being a gimped healer and buff-boy-once-a-minute.

>too complicated for zoomers
>GW2/ESO have horizontal gear progression and dozens of options
>90% of them are completely useless just because that's how games work
Wow such choice.

The artifact and legendary stuff in Legion was fucking garbage.

Talking about Asmongold, I'm pretty sure he's single-handedly responsible for this drop in viewers. I'm pretty sure he was online recently and he doesn't appear to be anymore.

Is it too late for Titania ex learning parties

Attached: 1562808934235.jpg (475x636, 26K)

So they're gear pieces that add talents?
Are they still relevant now or have they been power crept by BfA equipment?

>Meanwhile, Path of Exile Exists.

Legionbabies just have brain damage
Argath is nowhere near Azshara's commands in difficulty. Failing them is not nearly as punishing, he doesnt issue 3 fucking commands to do all at once and none of them involve working with other players like the stack/spread mechanics on Azshara. The soak mechanic on Azshara is also an additional layer of randomness to deal with as the soak locations are randomized.

they dont work at max level

Legiondaries would have been way more tolerable if the currency system was a thing since day 1 release. (A phrase that can really apply to a shit ton of terrible decisions Legion made) Fuck that system overall though.

legion survival was literally harder than any class in XIV
youtube.com/watch?v=fhOleU1HmeY

Which is an entirely different genre primarily focused on solo speed clears of content resulting in a meta that people care less about since you aren't directly competing with people.

I don't play either game, could someone fill me in why WoW seems to have been living rent free in FFXIV fags' heads for the last two or so months?

>he doesnt issue 3 fucking commands to do all at once and none of them involve working with other players like the stack/spread mechanics on Azshara
Oh okay so she does Nisi/Gavel/Grand Cross/Hello World? Then I can still beat her just fine.

I would forgive them if BST and PUP were anywhere near their level

Yes , every competent player already killed her

That's not difficulty that's poor design.
Complexity is not inherently good design.

WOW already had content that was significantly more difficult then anything FFXIV will ever have.

It won't ever have content that difficult again because the majority of MMO players are casuals anyway.

Addons ruined WOW, DPS meters, gearscore, CT Raid (Replaced by DBM) made the game into a fucking chore rather then something to do, and the top guilds were using addons to pretty much ezmode their way through the hardest content, while they also demanded more content tailored for them, which created this arms race of blizzard vs addons, and now blizzard just designs with addons in mind, and now the game is less about learning the fights and more about who has the better custom timer developers on their team.

Also this, raids were always a niche thing, why they became the main focus of fantasy MMORPGs is fucking retarded, fun fact, only 10% of players reached end game in Vanilla WOW by the time BC came out, and WOW flatlined in subs in WOTLK when the game was pretty much set up to get players into end game as fast as possible with boosts, heirlooms, ect.

Because XIV has so many WoW players now that people keep drawing parallels between the 2 games.
Then blizzard drones join in and we have heated arguments about dickwaving which game is better.

Sorry, what? XIV's simplest job is more complicated than this.

Attached: Screenshot_20190724-180917_Chrome.jpg (1079x1688, 513K)

>My skinnerbox is better then your skinnerbox

Pathetic cope. Wowfags have been raiding XIV threads and shitting on the game forever, now that they've been universally acknowledged as a laughing stock they cry "rent free!!" whenever people make fun of them.

You can go inbetween and strike a decent balance.
FFXIV just went full braindead.

it was very well designed and very smooth to play optimally

you literally cropped out everything under that
mongoose bite phases, moknathal stacks, there's no caltrops, there's no butchery, etc etc

This is such an obvious false flag.
Someone started a Classic thread earlier and it took two whole posts until someone started complaining about XIV. It's pretty clear who the problem is, deflecting just makes you look worse.

BFA classes have about 8 spells each that they use in their rotation. NIN uses 4 just to cast Huton. It's kind of hilarious

All games are skinnerboxes.

>Middle of final boss in gulg
>DRG says brb
>literally goes away
>Nothing hits him
>Comes back and continues as normal
I had an actual chad in my party

That is a priority list which required active thinking in your rotation, not to press buttons off cooldown.

That being said proc based rotations in WOW are really fucking boring and can make some specs utterly worthless on certain fights due to some (Warlocks) Requiring a shit ton of ramp up time, which not every fight allows.

Both games combat systems are shit and are based on basic as fuck gameplay from the 90s

please tell me, why ffxivtrannies just won't accept that their game has actual problems

Attached: 1558651820495.jpg (836x543, 78K)

Stop playing WOW clones.

BST already had their time late-SoA.

>Make sure to read the part about Mongoose Bite bursts below!
>does not read the part about Mongoose Bite bursts below
why would someone do this?

fluffing buttons that you're supposed to press in sequence every time isn't complex
survival has to juggle like 8 short CDs without overcapping energy and still plan for optimal mongoose windows

You really can't, the illusion of choice means nothing if everyone just follows X build anyway because it will maximize your DPS/whatever is relevant to your role.
Which is why games like ESO/GW2 have 80% dead sets.

>late-SoA.
isn't that like 8 years ago or something at this point?

Cant have fun when I spend every other second on a loading screen or GCD.

Fucking retards

Attached: 1563993569464.png (1920x679, 404K)

I see XIV players shitting on their own game all the time for the actual problems it has.
It's just that when retarded Wowgroids criticize it, they just want XIV to be more like their own dying game.
They are literal refugees, coming to another place and trying to force their own retarded, failed culture onto that place, making it just as bad as what they ran from.

Ff trannies actually think the loading screens, brain dead raids, boring tanks and tiny gear gap are good things

>exclusively looking at parses from normal mode
HAHAHA

Adoulin is only 6 years old

The fact that you think that is complex is kind of cute but it's not even close to NIN or even MNK in terms of execution

>why aren't you looking at savage parses that come next week

Attached: 1536187731447.png (224x301, 183K)

>normal mode vs normal mode
Has HRT rotted your brain or something?

He didn't say the game was bad, he is praising it actually. He just said he wanted more bosses as 4 felt too short for normal raiding.
What I wanted to see are his savage raid day 1 attempts, nobody to carry him since everyone is starting fresh but I guess that won't happen

>boring tanks
I'm sorry? The easiest tank in the game Warrior has a more complex rotation than most dps classes in WoW at the moment.

How many teleports do you have to go through to get to where you need to go? How many flight paths?

Wow vanilla, although not balanced, had nice items such as a fire sword that actually had a chance to hurl fireballs
Everquest to some point too but who actually remembers that

Okay, so this is what makes your class complicated? You wait until you see the number 3 then spam one button? Are you serious?

Attached: Screenshot_20190724-182040_Chrome.jpg (1075x1256, 548K)

>100% of XIVs parses vs parses from 1/4 of WoWs difficulties that nobody does
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm