I recently finally tried the asymmetrical layout. It's so much better, sonybros...

I recently finally tried the asymmetrical layout. It's so much better, sonybros. How has sony gotten away with their controllers for so long? I was always afraid I wouldn't like my DS4 as much after trying the xbox controller, but it had to happen sooner or later.
Do you think it'll change in the next gen?

Attached: Controller.jpg (800x598, 139K)

It's objectively better. I wish those 3rd party PS4 controllers sold with the asymmetrical layout weren't all giant chunks of ass made for gorilla hands

yea but what do I do with my hands when Im standing in public?

As much as I like the dualshock controllers the XBOX360 controller really is just superior
sure it's heavier but that doesn't really matter when the layout is just so fucking good

Assymetrical is better for some genres, worse in others.

360 controller is best of all time. The elite has a marginally better dpad but the shoulder buttons literally wearing out and breaking from regular use is pretty inexcusable. Steam controller in second place if your IQ is high enough

I really liked the Xbox controllers, but I also dont have a problem with the Dualshocks. Both feel fine to me and my preference is whatever I happen to own at the time. Right now its a DS4, but ive been eyeing those elite controllers as an option for my PC games.

I have a ps controller for pc but borrowed a friends xbox for pc. Liked it instantly and the only thing that i would change on the xbox is putting R2/L2 style buttons on it.

Switch pro is probably my favorite as far as ergonomics are concerned. It's a much lighter and less bulkier Xbox controller.

Zoomer taste

>but ive been eyeing those elite controllers as an option for my PC games.
That's what I was doing with a regular xbox one s controller for a while and then decided why not and got it for PC.

>Using the bend of your hand as an argument.
Put your right hand on the joystick of an xbone controller.

The "asymmetrical" shit became less important as Sony changed the ergonomics of the PS4 pad vs earlier DualShocks to make it easier to reach the sticks.

Current pads are a much of a muchness - there's not really been any major improvements since the 360 pad.

You don't tilt it forward like 90% of the time unlike the left stick.

if only the xbox one controllers were more durable...

How does this explain the right hand position since most shooters use both sticks and triggers

don't play shooters on a controller

I prefer Xbox pads, but it's not like Dualshocks or other symmetrical-stick pads are some kind torture to me.
Now, placing the face buttons BELOW the right stick however...

Attached: 1231833766820.png (339x400, 109K)

Fucking imagine having small hands
Fucking manlets

Do Americans really use the sticks instead of the dpad?

That picture is retarded and doesn't account for shoulder, elbow, and wrist angles. Which all line up better with a sony controller. Unless you sit perfectly square when you play.

See

stick is more realistic, it's like you're tilting your fat body to start moving

I just ordered one because the layout on the joycons feel a bit weird after using the 360 controller for so long. Hoping to feel at home with it since the layout seems very similar.

There are other genres besides 2d platformers you know

Is this actually how people hold their controllers?

>Which all line up better with a sony controller. Unless you sit perfectly square when you play.
Explain

Usually they hold them with both hands, but yes pretty much, why?

Are you talking about platforms?
If that is the case, Nintendo is the way to go.

There is not one game, or genre, where the pedostation is the better option for controller.

Here's your controller, bro.

Attached: Pro controller.png (1492x1038, 696K)

Of course not.

Attached: D7bW83nUwAI1LlS.jpg large.jpg (1080x1080, 140K)

I prefer symmetrical and think that XBOX controllers are not good to play with.

that white DS4 looks so cool btw

why?

Yes thank you. Ive been meaning to make a pic like yours to show how straining it is to use a ps4 controller.

fighting games???

Bought both the PS1 and 2 back in the day. The only reason I bought a Xbox360 instead of the PS3 was because of the new controllers. PS3 just felt too brittle, light and weren't half as ergonomic as the Xbox360

Air hand jobs

If you're going to put the d-pad there, why bother including it at all? Shit might as well be on the back of the controller.

360 controller is one of the only modern controllers that aggravates my carpal tunnel. And it does it to an extreme degree. It's un-ergonomic as fuck. Jesus, even look at OP, that pic has his hands in rest position, but his wrists are not, and you can't have both in total rest position while using one. DS4, NGC type controllers are best.

>Assymetrical is better for most genres
Fify

everybody knows it's important to maximize contact surface of your palms with the controller so you get the most of your purchase
back in NES days people had square pixelated hands

Maybe try not holding it like a retard.

Ah yes, the Armored Claw.

????????????????????????
what difference does it make to the wrist?

If you liked the 360 controller, you'll probably really like the pro controller. Only thing you're really missing is triggers, but honestly those are only useful for racing games.

kek

If your elbows are pressed up against your sides then the line of the thumb and wrist are straight when holding a xbox style stick. But when you flair out your elbows even a little the straight line aims better with a lower thumb stick.
I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people don't play in a perfect up right position with the elbows tucked.

Attached: asdfasdfsa.jpg (1842x1274, 103K)

Why are you holding controllers that way? It's a controller, not a fucking steering wheel.

Do you understand basic anatomy?

Left stick is primarily up/down stick input with is much easier and more accurate in the upper position. Right stick is primarily left/right inputs which is easier and more accurate with the stick in the lower position. It's simple ergonomics. Picture your thumb as the Y axis. Left stick's up/down inputs fall on the Y axis and right stick's left/right movements still fall on the Y axis.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x960, 128K)

Can't do cuhrazy DMC style switching combos with asymmetrical.

Xbox layout is better for using that stick, yes. The trigger rumble is nice too, but I hate the bumpers, and now when I play 2d games the dpad is in the wrong spot. I only own DS4's because I use them on PC and PS4, don't own an xbox, but still considering getting an xb controller.

Even if your elbows are tucked in to your sides, if you're older than 4, the gap between your hands would be too wide to hold a controller in a perfectly straight line.

Nobody cares about your niche game

Do your wrists just not work or something?

>i prefer the left stick below the d-pad

Attached: 1508440403539.jpg (630x420, 30K)

I don't, explain please

Keeping your wrists bent upward for long periods of times isn't good for them.

That's not me, but how do you hold your controller?

Its pretty shit.

this should be the standard

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1000x845, 108K)

>but I hate the bumpers
Same actually; the DS4's bumpers ARE WAY BETTER. I've always preferred those over using the triggers and swapped between them in most games, but on the xbox controller, you'll want to use the triggers instead :\ That's my main reason why I'm considering returning it to the store and sticking to the DS4.
>but still considering getting an xb controller
If you don't have issues with the DS4, if it's comfortable for you (like it's always been for me), you don't need an xbox controller.
I also realize I'll most likely not get an xbox console any time soon or even ever, so using a ps4 controller just makes more sense instead of constantly switching between the two controllers.

Do the triggers/RZ buttons feel the same way that the joycon ones do? Because I don't really like how they feel compared to the 360 controller, there's not enough feedback or something.

Good for you

>Camera: On / Off

Attached: dog.jpg (600x548, 51K)

This but unironically, xbox managed to teach kids how to hold controllers wrong, with resting palm and thumbs sideways instead of bend some even only have one finger at the top instead of two

Imagine having to memorize each button for every new game

imagine non-ironically thinking there's any difference

ive been naturally playing like this forever, i always figured it was the correct way to hold a controller but people look at me like im nuts when i do it

Attached: 1563323177671.jpg (1200x855, 75K)

Attached: 2019-07-21.jpg (750x1334, 151K)

Is this supposed to be implying that the top-left is somehow a natural or neutral hand position? Because it's clearly trying really hard to make the bottom two look strained. My hands look way less angled than that when I hold a symmetrical controller. Also, the asymmetrical position puts your thumb at a position that's already almost as far outward as it will go - it's, by definition, not neutral. So pushing the stick left on an asymmetrical controller is harder than pushing it right, while every direction is equally easy with a symmetrical controller.

The opinions expressed by OP are that of a brainless dorm room normie who has never played a demanding video game of any kind.

then explain how I, a sonyfag, found it more comfortable to use the xbox's layout after years of using dualshocks?

The ONLY time asymetrical loses is when playing games where you move using the D-pad. So never except emulating SNES games.

The Dualshock design dates from even before sticks even existed. As soon as games started using sticks exclusively, the design became obsolete, yet somehow they STILL use it because of their inflated ego. It's amazing people even buy Bloodborne machines.

>while every direction is equally easy with a symmetrical controller.
not true, pushing the stick right is harder

>>Assists
>All
>Spin
>Stab

>Sony: Hurting your hands for 20 years because it would hurt their Japanese pride to admit their design could be improved

Attached: 1561256398419.jpg (1024x576, 116K)

Too bad its D-Pad is a shit.
Ironic considering the damn thing is a fucking ports/indie machine.

Nah. The joycons feel completely different. Pro controller pivot a little just like triggers before they lock. They honestly just feel like triggers with a very short click point.

I got this thing at a pawn shop and its pretty good (needed extra PS2 controller, it works on PC and PS3 apparently, but didnt try) except the bumpers are really weird shaped/ easy to accidentally hit them. But why don't SONY/MS make some official shit with swappable Dpad/Stick?

Attached: saitek-Cyborg-V3-Rumble-Pad3.png (427x289, 140K)

Yeah the dpad is the only real knock I have against it. Though about picking up that 8bitdo pro controller for puyo puyo tetris.

It took me until just now to realize why idiots like you think the Xbox controller is better. You use the fucking analog stick. Wtf is that shit, what trash games are you playing where the dpad isn't the preferred method of control.

>here's your controller bro

it works really well on ps2 though, it feels solid but looks like absolute shit

have you tried not being fat?

gotta have the dpad there to Booyah!

if using a dualshock is actually hurting your wittle hands then you're a bitch boi

Do you think people post only their own pictures on Yea Forums? I'm fucking underweight, user.

Nah, "hurting" is too far.

>t. FinalMouse user with 1 cm thick wrist needs that extra 5g drilled out

i use a corsair m65 and a saturn pad

>it's wrong if you aren't stretching your thumb out the whole time instead of letting it relax naturally

Attached: 1561077663391.jpg (500x357, 14K)

How did they manage to make it worse on the PS4?

>The opinions expressed by OP are that of a brainless dorm room normie who has never played a demanding video game of any kind.
Name a game like that.

yeah good luck pressing the d-pad and not letting go of the stick

>135g
I stand corrected, pic related you?

Attached: wow.jpg (320x320, 11K)

>controller
>natural

Sure thing, fatty

>asymmetrical layout
>pic of thumb placement

Jesus calm the autismo OP. Yes PS4 controller is comfy.

Next gen they'll make a PS5 controller. And if it's not as comfy Ill be glad DS4's are cheaper so I keep playing PC games

I mainly play PC but ive played my fair share of console games

Bend your fingers like you are supposed to, the fingertips are supposed to go on the buttons if you are holding it like op you are holding them wrong, this way is less tiring for your thumbs and is faster to press buttons

>Stretching
that's literraly the opposite of what I said, you bend them like when you play a guitar

>Bend your fingers like you are supposed to, the fingertips are supposed to go on the buttons if you are holding it like op you are holding them wrong, this way is less tiring for your thumbs and is faster to press buttons
Can you take a picture of what you're talking about?

Attached: mobile-gaming-on-sony-xperia-with-a-ps3-dualshock-controller.jpg (600x375, 28K)

I don't hold a controller if that's what you're implying.

only mutants use the dualshock controllers
mutants don't even @ me

>just don't use the sticks
huh?

Or just put your thumb in the stick it also fits bend, I want you to use the "tip" not the side, that's why controllers sticks are now concave

>that's why controllers sticks are now concave
they aren't on the ds4 lol

???

Attached: dualshock-4-analog-stick-d-pad.jpg (1001x677, 122K)

but what about the right hand? doesnt it also have to bend its thumb??

it doesnt, read the thread
this is a hybrid of both concave and convex

>I want you to use the "tip" not the side, that's why controllers sticks are now concave
your thumb will slip immediately if you do that

Maybe, maybe not. Most games use both right stick and buttons frequently

why are the bumpers on the xbone so fucking loud and clicky and awful?

it ruins the entire controller

that being said--how's the switch pro controller on pc?

>why are the bumpers on the xbone so fucking loud and clicky and awful?
>it ruins the entire controller
agreed

>why are the bumpers on the xbone so fucking loud and clicky and awful?
i would honestly be using an xbone controller if it weren't for this alone

>How has sony gotten away with their controllers for so long?
Sony drones, literally. They started out with the PS1 dualshock (sometimes a later system) and have never held another controller, so they can't even make a comparison. They'll whine and bitch and Sony will never change out as a result. See the huge deal that people made about the PS3 banana for a comparison.

Mind you, 360 controller isn't really great but it's far better. It's also far easier to get, which makes it a better choice for PC games.

Why not just use the existing d-pad? It's not stranger than using a NES or SNES controller for the 360 position on the d-pad.

I've always hated Sony controllers. The first Playstation controller without the analog sticks had a horrendous D-pad that sucked my nuts. The Saturn D-pad was far superior and the N64 actually had an analog stick.

The Dualshock 1 eventually came out but not very many games supported it. Luckily all 3 games in the big dick daddy Resident Evil Trilogy got versions with support eventually so that was nice.

The original Xbox launch turned me into a Xbox fan. Xbox controller vs PS2 controller it wasn't even close. This continued for the PS3 and PS4. Original Xbox still looks good on modern television. You can kind of mititgate the 480i by hooking PS2 to a Retrotink 2x but the Xbox versions look the best and have better performance. If I'm downloading an iso I always get the Xbox version if available. Sony had all those exclusives though so if I wanted to play the hot new online Resident Evil Outbreak I had to get my ass PS2.

Thanks for reading my blog got kinda off topic.

Attached: EndoftheRoad_IRL.jpg (640x480, 37K)

Good blog user, thanks for sharing

Dualshocks are uncomfortable because they are too small, not because of thumbstick placement. A big fat symmetrical controller like the logitech f710 is great. Or at least it would be if the build quality wasn't so shit.

Attached: 1549534074254.jpg (940x1440, 674K)

Based biganon. Fuck japanese handlets.

Those people are just casual plebs. Everyone who plays games uses the claw when it's useful.