What would females want OR need in a female VG character?

Im wondering what a girl would want in a videogame character because im honestly not sure of any good full fledge focused characters.
What would you want thats relatable to one?
Guys are allowed to comment (especially gays)

Some character pointers would be nice.

No SJW bullshit.

Remember that NEED and WANT are different words.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

SpongeBob Zoomers deserve death

Needs a non forced personality, show don't tell, design comes 2nd.

Early metroid was a great example

Despite there being multiple unironic loli threads up, this is somehow the stupidest post on this whole board

>Jenny
Someone post that, you know what.

Doesn't matter. They always find a reason to bitch, because all women secretly hate each other deep down.

I dont get it

I always hear about that stereotype, Do you care to elaborate?

Don't fore anything in to send a message. Also if a character is niche/unlikeable than don't be surprised. Women also don't like the same type of games as men do.

I want to try impregnating Jenny even if I know its impossible!

Does that last bit mean....mobile games?

EEUUGH.

Attached: mobile.jpg (474x252, 15K)

From what I've heard they can still be sexy, just not exposure-sexy.

I wanna FUCK Jenny.

Attached: 1547943328247.gif (640x480, 156K)

>need
I mean, literally nothing.
No one NEEDS anything in a video game character other than that they exist and accept your control inputs.

>want
Infinitely subjective, but the easiest go to would be some combination of
>cool
>relatable
>interesting
>believable
>not just a dull stereotype of 'STRONG WAMEN' or 'damsel in distress'.
Pick any two of three of those and you're probably doing okay and people will like it.
But honestly, its like anything else. There are going to be women who think that Zelda in Ocarina of Time was a great character and others who think she's OMG like, LITERALLY the most misogynistic thing, like, EVER!?
You can't please everyone all the time.

A girl character but if you played the game blindfolded you wouldn't know it was a girl or boy just a good character gender politics are cancer

Make a good male character.

Now make them female.

That was my mind at first but im wondering if theres a culture to female stuff (other than femenist bullcrap.) Im trying to be a bit more creative.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

I'm girl
Needs
>nothing, I'll play a game with only dudes in it
Wants
>Decent personality to character
>Sexy design is fine, sometimes gets too kitschy, but generally a-ok
>Not just waifubait or built for a romance plot because that's always boring shit
Really just don't make them boring, what about that is so hard?

Attached: Jenny2.webm (396x612, 1.62M)

I don't know many women who play actual video games, but the few that I do know always gravitate towards a lot of the same things that men gravitate towards, IE: Characters that look good. My younger sister loves Splatoon because the squid girl characters are cute and can be customized with a variety of stylish clothing. My mom likes to play Princess Peach in Mario Party because she's very conventionally attractive. A few female friends that I've played fighting games with always gravitate towards characters like Cammy, Mai, or Morrigan. It's no surprise, women like to imagine themselves as sexy and capable, which characters like Cammy, Mai, and Morrigan are. Just like a man likes to imagine himself as Rambo or Rocky. Power fantasies exist for both genders, and for some reason no one seems to get that.

This modern day cult of ugliness that increasingly pervades western video games is convinced that a "Strong woman" is also necessarily an ugly woman. And no wonder these designs are popularly hated. You're denying woman their power fantasies, denying men their pretty ladies to ogle, and tacitly implying that pretty women are universally incompetent. No one likes any of that.

Girls like cute things like a MC that's a teddy bear

>based jenny is going to destroy Steven Universe

Attached: 1562711805940.jpg (1366x2048, 1023K)

you kinda catch my drift.

Based

>want
I don't have any specific wants other than if you'e going to make a female character, don't make her a waifubait only with no other redeeming qualities.

>need
A well-written female character. If you're gonna make one and she's a main character or part of the main cast, then put the effort into making her good.
You can make her as sexy as you want as long as her character is good. There's a reason many women love Kainé from NieR and B2 from NieR Automata.

I love Yoko Taro's female characters because they're all very good characters. I also love Trish and Lady from DMC because they're more than just eye candy... the only female character from DMC I don't like as much is Kyrie because she exists solely as Nero's motivation in DMC4. People had huge issues with Pyra/Mythra and Dahlia in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because of their boobs, but they're good characters. Pyra is well-written and I loved her and Mythra even more after the ending of the Torna expansion. Dahlia is a sweet Blade and her side quest shows what a good, motherly character she is. Her boobs are extreme, sure, but it doesn't bother me.

All in all, I literally don't care what your female character looks like, if they're well-written and don't exist just to stare at, then it's fine with me.

Attached: file.png (1920x1920, 2.1M)

I want to FUCK this robot

Attached: 8940eaca5709fc7048361b75e058dc4267625c27.png (571x800, 820K)

Jenny is for _______

Attached: 1464400313386.png (439x269, 68K)

Attached: 1772836 - Jenny_Wakeman Lil-heartache My_Life_as_a_Teenage_Robot animated.gif (667x375, 267K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Fucking and loving

Attached: 1508309891906.png (1316x1716, 624K)

That animation where she gets gangbanged by rock monsters was hot as fuck.

Attached: 1532376848496.jpg (514x681, 169K)

I've only played a bit of Horizon but that seems like a good Female-focused game.
Even though I dont play them given the choice, For Honor's female character are legitimately badass without being sexualized (unless you count those sweet sweet TUMMIES)

This

Attached: 2988595%20-%20Fridge%20Jenny_Wakeman%20My_Life_as_a_Teenage_Robot%20edit.png (1159x1511, 294K)

im surprised Zone hasn't released anything else with Jenny after that

>a good thread
>incels go totally off topic because they can't keep their dicks in their pants for once
Every time.

Attached: 1563559233679.png (673x803, 148K)

Some actual growth or failure in the face of hardship. Neither has been done in decades and it makes everything flat. The best male characters fail hard somewhere on the journey and rather than just go try again they grow and move beyond it, but it's still a failure.

The last female character I can remember having that was probably Valanice from King's Quest 7. And even that was a little hollow because her failure ended up being a good thing. To be clear, most male characters are flat too but at least once in a while there are great ones.

Why do you keep your vagina in your pants and not just show it to us?

Maybe OP shouldn't have been such a fag with the image then, it's completely unrelated to what you wanted the thread to be.

giving them attention that they can see probably isnt a good idea either.

if you want any serious discussion about females in vidya, you shouldn't be here.

>OP is a fag with an unrelated image that attracts unrelated people
In other news water is wet and the sky is below Australians

you know what you did when you made this thread OP

blame OP nig knew what he did

Attached: 1554067109885.jpg (331x370, 22K)

Zone said he wasn't going to make another Jenny flash ever again. Which is a shame since I would have loved to have seen a Vexus/Vega on Jenny instead of rock monsters.

Attached: 1554068036976.jpg (736x1099, 68K)

just a heads up even though this will probably be seen as provoking buit

"Threads should not devolve into flamewars. Instigating or encouraging such activity will not be tolerated."

rules do not say i couldnt post that image so joeks on you huehuehue

>implying the jannies or mods every show mercy
Nigga you're getting a 3 day global.

>maxresdefault.jpg
That shit is on youtube?

Attached: dat kirby.jpg (305x283, 47K)

Attached: who_are_think_you_are.png (640x360, 169K)