Breath of the Wild's physics are some of the best implemented physics of all time in a game

youtube.com/watch?v=jAaiDkYHS1A

Countless examples, really. What do you think?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YG5qDeWHNmk
youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10/10 tech demo
3/10 game
lacked content famalam.

def agree on this

cope you autistic nigger

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

>has the most content of any zelda game

retarded faggot

k

4 20 minutes dungeons and a bunch of korok shits and half-assed minigames scattered throughout the world don't qualify as coherent, beefy content you cunt.
Why do you think they're keeping the world and recycling all their assets for the sequel? So they can finally put some shit in.

Attached: korok turds.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

Crysis.

youtube.com/watch?v=YG5qDeWHNmk

the fact that you are ignoring all the other shit the game has makes you look fucking retarded. stay losing disgusting subhuman

This.
Combat, enemies, and dungeons sucked. It's a make your own fun physics and walking simulation.

The game literally has more content than any other zelda game you dumb fuck.

>seething

/thread
zeldababbies BTFO

>he said while being BTFO
cope faggot

Attached: 363463676.jpg (700x913, 109K)

samefagging your own posts won't change the fact that you got BTFO like the autistic faggot you are

Oh look, another seething autist on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1563228963.jpg (223x314, 18K)

Agreed. Its a cool tech demo, but a terrible videogame.

>Shit combat
>Repetitive content and puzzles
>Boring pacing
>Awful dungeons
>Shit story
>Nothing to really collect beyond spirit orbs

I dunno, its nice to "look" at sometimes, but it gets tiring climbing shit slowly forever just to get another samey reward that adds nothing to the game.

>Big empty world with repeat shit
>GUYS LOOK AT ALL THE CONTENT

No.

BOTW only has one dungeon and it's probably one of the best in the series

>still seething

I guess that really says something about how shit and overrated the other Zelda games are then.

youtube.com/watch?v=1or3YILu28M

I think you meant 120 5 to 30 minute dungeons and 4 hour-long beast dungeons with an additional castle dungeon, you cunt. :)

Dark souls has the best physics, because its where its belongs, in the destructible non interactive environments.

Seriously, who gives a shit about physics, is it 2004 or something?

>can't even type properly due to the fact that he remains anally devastated
rent free

Attached: 1514331671410.jpg (745x1600, 303K)

holy reddit

Attached: images.jpg (182x276, 9K)

The shrines took 5 minutes at most, probably 3 min average.
If the 4 beast puzzles took you more than 20 minutes you're an absolute brainlet.

The castle?
I wouldnt classify something with less depth than a Dark Souls 2 level as "good". It's just courts and hallways with little to no resistance in between.

Attached: 13345.webm (853x480, 2.85M)

>best physics
>Link stays conveniently in place as the log shoots away at high speed
I like this game a lot, but come on.

fpbp

How to do """"impressive"""" shit in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild™:

>stasis freeze
>hit that shit a few times
>jump on it
>?????
>upvotes to the left

Literally every single "impressive" BotW webm ever, and you can't even dispute this because it's true.

I just know the game sucks, and you pretending it had content is laughable. Even the Witcher 3 has tons more content and WAYYY better combat.

I played BOTW on my Wii-U where I could mod in amiibo shit and edit weapon durability/stats at my leisure, had a lot of fun with the game, put close to 200 hours into it. If I wanted to revisit the game on Switch could I hack the Switch and mod the game just as easily?

Dark souls has shitty ragdoll physics that add nothing of value to the game at hand. In fact they only make it worse by making it goofy as fuck which clashes with the somber atmosphere of the game

>all the other shit
such as?

Attached: 1512568902025.jpg (700x913, 82K)

no
Switch is unironically a ripoff.

Attached: 74574568956.jpg (700x913, 109K)

It's just courts and hallways with little to no resistance in between.
so just like dark souls

Makes me worried for BOTW2 then. Content being locked or all the cool weapons being shit will destroy my autism

>sonygroes still seething

Attached: 1525804688232.gif (726x400, 85K)

Souls 2, yes. But at least it has competent AI and combat.

Other Souls, no, there are actual interconnections.

So who takes home the gold in the autism olympics?

BOTW-kun or FFXV-kun?

>criticize BotW
>hurr durr must be snoyboys
retard

It's weird that I see more hate for Sony than anything else on this board, even when literally no one brings it up except Nintendo fanboys. You truly are the worst fanbase.

Says the nintenkek who posted the same image 4 times just in this thread alone in his desperation.

BotWfags
hands down

lmao you can literally ignore and outrun any enemy and beat the game in a couple of hours if you know the proper directions. stop being a retarded biased faggot

It is just following ancient doctrines programmed by their overlords. No need to feel sorry for them, they are not really alive.

>better puzzles than any previous Zelda
>better use of the environment than any previous Zelda
>chest rewards in the overworld are actually useful now unlike any previous Zelda
>spirit orbs are objectively better than heart pieces
>more villages with more things to do than any previous Zelda
>more sidequests than any previous Zelda
>more options for traversal than any previous Zelda
>more advanced enemy AI than any previous Zelda

I don't know why people think BotW needs big epic dungeons to have content. No, it has plenty of content, it just doesn't have what you wanted.

>deflecting sonygroes trying to talk shit

forgot pic related

Attached: 1481414880263.jpg (1000x1000, 147K)

Nope.

>all of those whirrrr threads that get spammed hourly
Who the fuck are you joking? Sony fags are the worst

Said the autistic sony faggot. You fags are the only fanbase that organizes raids on this shithole of a board. Please kindly fuck off with your faggotry

>4 20

Ayyyyyyy

Features aren't content.

You can list scenario adjustments but its not content. Good content is a mix of unique scenarios, enemy types, unique rewards that offer progression, new skills, new areas that stand out from the rest, hell even good writing to go with it.

BOTW offers nothing but Shrine reskins with similar rewards and FEW armor sets that have shitty percent boosts or a single gimmick.

There is nothing to drive the player forward or offer unique experiences outside the tutorial. It's all just scenic, with the same ideas for puzzles repeating.

You are literally the only one talking about sony though.

Uh huh. Seems like there is plenty of objective evidence suggesting otherwise. Here's 18 THOUSAND of them.

Maybe the issue if your own paranoia towards thinking anything negative has to be motivated by fanboyism, when plenty of shit Nintendo puts out is just plain shit.

Attached: chrome_2019-07-24_09-25-17.png (599x844, 165K)

BotW has:

>shrines
>40+ environmental puzzles and riddles
>sidequests
>korok challenges
>towers to complete map
>horses to tame
>towns and stables with their own shops and sidequests
>enemy encampments that can be conquered in a variety of ways
>chests containing weapons and armor
>wildlife to hunt
>resources like cooking ingredients and mineral deposits
>climate hazards and other navigational obstacles
>countless one-off discoveries like the horse god, the lord of the mountain, the great fairies, the dragons, the labyrinths, the cursed statue, the monster shop, etc.
>can find ANY of the above within any given square yard, with the terrain specifically designed to guide you towards these things

Even the map design was handcrafted to focus on the density of content. Very few areas have wasted space and among the ones that do, it's immediately obvious and serves some other purpose instead.

>Why do you think they're keeping the world and recycling all their assets for the sequel? So they can finally put some shit in.

I don't know what exactly you're expecting them to put in other than a bunch of big dungeons. They already have everything else and more.

Be careful, if you mention something even slightly negative about BotW, you will trigger the nintendo autists.

Oh shit...too late. Time to abandon thread.

BotW has:

>shrines

Stopped reading there

the whirr threads get deleted on sight you dumb faggot. they are not even in the archive

>List basic shit as "content"
lol
Nintendo should play the Witcher 3 for proper content.

Yes it has shrines just like Super Mario 64 has stars. That's how Nintendo has developed games for decades

>Even the map design was handcrafted to focus on the density of content.
lmao

>unique scenarios, enemy types, unique rewards that offer progression, new skills, new areas that stand out from the rest

BotW has literally all of these except maybe enemy variety. Also, everything I listed was the game's content.

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

Where's the:
>themed dungeons
>dungeon items
>enemy varieties
>boss varieties
Oh right, you don't know they exist because this is your first Zelda game and you've never played the previous games. I hate the fact there are so many zoomers latching on to the series now.

>Very few areas have wasted space
I felt like over half the map was wasted space. Game would've been better and far less empty if the world had been half its size.
Also most of the "content" you mentioned are nothing but a bunch of shitty minigames that get dull after having done them 2 or 3 times.
After collecting 20 korok shits I don't want to head out and collect the remaining 980.

Nope. Not in the slightest. BOTW is a mash of mediocre, short lived scenarios with no build up and little pay off.

Be careful, if you mention something even slightly positive about BotW, you will trigger the autistic haters.

Oh shit...too late. Time to abandon thread

Doom 2 has:

>weapons
>30+ maps full of labyrinths and keycard puzzles
>secrets
>trap doors
>map funtion to help you explore the level
>ammo to collect to weapons
>levels having an exit that lead directly to the next level
>enemy encounters and combinations that can be conquered in a variety of ways
>health and armor on the floor
>monsters to kill
>resources like health, ammo, armor, invincibility, acid suit, invisibility
>hazards and other navigational obstacles like lava or acid pools
>countless one-off discoveries like the chainsaw if you turn around in the first level
>can find ANY of the above within any given square yard, with the terrain specifically designed to guide you towards these things

There's unlimited content dude, the game is about exploration and discovery. If you mean it isn't full of 20 minute cutscenes and linear action sequences like Uncharted and The Last of Us, you'd be right there. Some of us on Yea Forums like playing games instead of watching movies.

From a gameplay perspective, there is absolutely nothing wrong with shrines.

>i-it doesn't count!

But that's true. Regions like Hebra and the desert can feel pretty empty and sparse, but nearly everything outside of those feature super focused topography design and a ton of verticality. The terrain is always guiding your eye.

Ya, DOOM is rad and not an open world meme game without actual level design or proper content like BOTW.

I specifically avoided the playstation because of moviegames you cancertard.

It had plenty of content, but it was stretched way too far. If the world was condensed to a third if its size, it would be a better game.

I've played every single Zelda game to completion. In terms of content alone BOTW has the most. This won't change just because you're a retarded nigger that can't face the facts. Even the only actual point you might have, which is enemy variety can be debated due to how more complex in terms of variables the enemies in BotW are compared to previous zelda games

doom 2 only has 7 weapons and like 14 different enemy types. going by your retarded logic it's garbage

Several regions have you literally tripping over the shit I listed. Cutting the map size in half would have made it way too cluttered.

WHY ARE ALL OF THE FILES 404 FOR FUCKS SAKE?!

It's a good game but really overrated, should be a 92 max.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Doom2? What do you mean it's not literal perfection??

Seething Sony fag! Cope! Buzzwords! Metacritic 83, BITCH!!!!!

cope

Content distribution depends heavily on the region. In Faron and Necluda, you're constantly encountering things to do with barely any room to breathe, whereas Hebra is a snowy wasteland with its points of interest scattered between vast expanses of nothing. I don't think reducing the map size would change anything.

People here actually like the far cry ripoff?

buzzwords

Attached: 1560091012674.png (843x903, 39K)

You've spelt Half-Life 2 wrong

>NOOO THE SWITCH IS SHIT

Attached: cringecomp.png (549x303, 15K)

I mean, the Switch is shit but has little to do with this thread.

Based.

no i didnt

Yes, but actual content mods are more plentiful on Wii U.
Don't listen to that other user, all you need is an early model switch and a fucking paperclip.

you know that stuff is supposed to be the content, its a true sandbox. what kind of fucking autist needs the developers to put shiny rewards all over their world in order to have fun

All you did was prove that Doom 2 has content as well. Congratulations?

Chink Moot forgot to automate the cert renewal.

Attached: RENEW IT.png (628x451, 52K)

I accept that BOTW isn't as good as people think it is, but it's still one of my favorite games ever because I loved the story and exploration. Plus fighting Maz Koshia was one of the best holy shit moments I've had in a game.

whats the issue here? is it illegal to hate the shitch?

Thanks?

>shitch

Attached: 1562716244086.jpg (647x644, 54K)

>the physics engine IS the content
OK kid. We're reaching levels of brainletism that shouldn't even be possible.
>it's a true sandbox
No, it's open world. activities and puzzles are spread out way too thin to be a sandbox.
Hitman is a sandbox game.

>NO THAT CONTENT DOESN'T COUNT

blow it out your ass

Attached: DTcAQTLV4AA_xMt.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Other than dungeons, what content would you want to see in the overworld that wasn't already in BotW?

Attached: 1554250405622.gif (245x320, 538K)

its a great name for it

Beacuse it's Shit, right? So ShitCh?

Activities and puzzles are everywhere in most regions of the overworld with not much empty space between them. Literally google any interactive map of the game to see for yourself.

ya shitch

>spirit orbs are objectively better than heart pieces
Worst Zelda opinion I’ve ever heard

fpbp.

Botw physics is pretty basic.

Attached: 20170301191511.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

B E H O L D
â–˛
â–˛ â–˛

Agreed. Got so tired of walking around and finding yet another dumb korok. It’s the most shallow way of filling out a world ever.

OPTIC BLAST

Yeah, they are

Attached: 1460891689864.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

Most shrines and especially most korok seeds are insultingly easy puzzles that have no right to be copy pasted as much as they do ,the game could have used a way smaller map ,but it's not horrible or devoid of content.

lol, ok...

>120 shrines and 4 slightly bigger shrines that all look the same, only with a couple different 1 minute puzzles
>content
The overworld was nice, but that's about it

Afaik botw's development was 90% creating and tuning the systems and 10% making the fucking game
If the sequel can fix that, it'll be kino

Attached: botw physics.jpg (480x360, 44K)

the puzzles in BotW are the most compelling and complex they have been in the franchise, because they aren't toddler-tier spoonfeeding shit like it was in previous games
>hurrr hit da eye on the wall
>hurr step on the switch
>hurrr push the block

BotW doesn't have a companion spoonfeeding you the answer to a shrine puzzle. It's all 100% intuition and no handholding.

How well does the game emulate?

Attached: 1561162106349.png (856x846, 85K)

user your not supposed to actually discus video game physics, this thread is for shitposting and console dick measuring contests only

I will never not be mad about the physics in that game
>blow up an ore deposit with a bomb
>ore chunk falls into river that's just slightly too deep to reach the bottom
>"oh I know, I'll throw down a big sword and use the magnet to put the sword behind the ore and then push it out of the river"
>ore apparently weighs several tons and cannot be moved by the magnetized sword
fuck I felt clever for coming up with that solution, only for it to not work for some reason

Attached: [EXCITE! Subs] Kamen Rider Ex-Aid - 41 HD (Batch) [31232BDF].mkv_snapshot_12.43_[2018.03.05_09.02.56 (1280x720, 1.46M)

doom 2 was criticized on release for having levels that were too big and bloated for their own good. you would know that if you weren't a fucking zoomer

Both sides od conflict are retarded, just jump from bridge.

Attached: 1562236144438.jpg (540x540, 88K)

>not using the master sword to break ore chunks

I wasn't that far yet!

Was really smart of them to make basically all of the puzzles physics-based and keep the traditional Zelda stuff as optional Koroks. Feels like physics puzzles went out of vogue at some point and I don’t know why, they’re great.

Attached: i5w34d1e1e731.jpg (986x1050, 94K)

aha

>8.5 apples
>Assume all apples are McIntosh aka the meme apple
>McIntosh are .27 pounds on average
>.27 pounds are 122.4699 grams on the closest approximation
>122.4699 x 8.5 = 1040.99
>link is barely over 1 kg
I'm obviously missing something here

Attached: computer couragve.jpg (512x384, 41K)

Have sex

>is another episode of not being allowed to criticise the game because a circlejerk of cock suckers gave it high review scores for nothing new and because it was the Switch only worthwhile game on release + the nostalgia
If you give starved children a cookie made out of mud, they will enjoy it and say its the best mud cookie they have ever eaten.

>searching endless empty landscapes for Korro seeds is a lot of content
Everyone who isn't mentally challenge knows well how little the game has and how much useless padding it throws as you. If the game was smaller, have more unique enemies instead of a bunch of reskins then we can talk about something

Attached: 1562503710067.gif (540x311, 628K)

Dilate

I wonder, does it use PhysX? The Switch's GPU arch supports it

>"criticism"
I bet you're one of those retards who thinks that BOTW didn't innovate because you think that word means invent, and you think shrines aren't content. Why would anybody bother debating anything with your one-sided tunnel vision brainlet ass. The food analogy says it all

>mud
>food
You activated my trap card!

Go back to shitty webcomics Dobson

based and Mercenary-Tao-pilled

Its on Wii U originally, imbecile.

It uses Havok.

BotW and RDR2 have as much open world content as Mafia 2 and L.A. Noire.

Holy shit nintendies getting mad as fuck whenever you call them out on their overrated games. Starved of good games, fucking starved lol

RDR2 has literally more content and higher quality in every department than botw.

>"implemented physics"
>it's literally just systems that have been standard in every game engine for the last 12 years
>BoTWfags see it as evolutionary game design

>RDR2 has literally more content and higher quality in every department than botw.

BotW is a better video game. Time for counselling.

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

They see it as such because they've never experienced it given how they always play on 10 year outdated hardware.

Baby tears.

See Why can't anyone compete with Nintendo?

>Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, etc. have been making open world games for a decade or even longer
>genre is stagnating
>Nintendo shows up
>having no background in AAA 3D open world development, they decide on a whim "Here, let me try that"
>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever made on their very first attempt using a fucking toaster.

This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1538802026609.jpg (640x640, 126K)

>someone's subjective word vomit
>botw is better
You boys are delusional as hell. Factually on every single techinical level RDR2 is superior. Everything else is subjective but considering how little actual diverse content botw has I would say RDR2 is by far better.

>"Here, let me try that"
More like "here, let me copy that"
Remember how everyone used to shit on Ubisoft towers before Nintie copied the concept and it suddenly became ok?

>memes
But seriously though. You're consistently playing shitty baby games on outdated as fuck hardware. At what point do you ask yourself what went wrong in your life?

lol cope

It's hardly the best open world game. Just because it's your first open world doesn't make it the best. You should probably play more open world games.

>this shit is incredible to nintÎżddlers and zelda ÎŁÎżyboys
Look up "crysis 1 physics"

Attached: 1548292808301.jpg (852x356, 65K)

Stop projecting and hiding behind memes my man. Once you accept that botw is not the best game and you start playing actual good games your life will improve as well.

wth

I like Breath of the Wild and I wouldn't even dream of trying to defend it as much of the shit I see in this thread. Like, what the fuck? The bits of unique content and armor collection/upgrading don't make up for literal hours of repetition and an absolutely broken difficulty curve if you bother to try to get good shit. The basic and honestly disappointing combat does nothing to aid this. It's an excellent sandbox of things that somehow basically no other open world game considered to execute (the fact that you can cut down a tree and use it for a bridge, chop it up for firewood, use it as a physics weapon and so forth is a pretty big deal for a genre where environments are usually static), but as a Zelda game all of that "content" is just surface-level stuff that doesn't have the refinement or depth it should have after all these years of Zelda games.

Attached: DAWN OF THE WILD worn out.png (426x217, 19K)

okay

Attached: games.jpg (2704x2028, 865K)

I agree I wish people wouldn't reply to ACFag either yet three years after the switch launch and here we are.

YIKES

Attached: BestGameEver.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

pretty sure half life 2 already did this 15 years ago

>I wouldn't even dream of trying to defend it as much of the shit I see in this thread.

So you admit your nitpicks aren't worth considering, glad we agree

Pretty sure Half Life 2 wasn't an open world game :)

good thing that has no bearing on the physics

yes but it has more mechanic depth than HL2's glorified setpiece

good thing that has nothing to do with physics

It means that BOTW gamified its physics better. HL2 also didn't let you channel lightning with boomerangs

Here's your (You), you should probably get off this site for being underaged.

How could Nintendo copy the concept when Wind Waker had map towers before any Ubisoft game? Based retard

again, good thing that has nothing to do with physics (the topic of the thread) (and hl2 had literal puzzles around physics and you could use physics to eliminate enemies)
but you can stop pivot coping any time, I'm not gonna bother replying.

get rekt skrub

Apples weight 7-9kg in the Zelda universe

lol cope. HL2 had some areas designed to show off features of its physics engine whereas BOTW gives you a whole world to mess around in it. Last I checked, the topic of the thread was not to compare BOTW to HL2 in physics

hl2 is the epitome of a good game

same with BOTW :)

sure, not arguing on this!

yeah you found an even stupider hill to die on

Has botw generated more anal pain than bloodborne at this point? At least that game the threads eventually calmed down

Yup. Three years of tears.

No. Not at all. There are other games that use physics EXACTLY like BOTW and use it in a much more cohesive way than BOTW's it's just there.

at least botw can be played at 60fps lmao

such as.....

Neat, but not a supplement for actual game design. I got tired of the "make your own fun" philosophy pretty quickly once I realized the overworld was nothing but the same damn bokoblin camps everywhere

Why would a post apocalyptic world not be empty?

But dude making your own fun is one of the biggest draws of sandbox games.

>nothing but the same damn bokoblin camps everywhere
Trash mobs repeat, woah

There's unique shit all over. You probably don't pay attention

>scratches on screen
>not putting a cover over your dock to prevent this
Based

What scratches?

That doesn't make BOTW puzzles good though ,it makes franchise puzzles even worse if they are as you say.

Yes and everybody hated the old zelda puzzles ;P

more enemy variety

If you played the other Zelda's you'd know that it doesn't matter how much content there is when it all has no use

keep seething brainlet

Half life, Portal, Half life 2, Psy Ops, fucking ANY game that uses physics. Physics in BOTW are NOT new, they've been in games every since fucking physx. Zelda fanboys are serious morons.

Seething shitters have to stack up every game ever made to try and compete with BotW.

None of those games let you channel lightning with a boomerang or take place in open worlds. You are seething hard

Not comparing to stack up. Just saying BOTW's physics engine is no different than any other physics engine.

>None of those games let you channel lightning with a boomerang or take place in open worlds.

So physics in an openworld game is new now? And what the hell are you talking about channel lighting with a boomerang?

The way BOTW did it yes.

>And what the hell are you talking about channel lighting with a boomerang?
>woah stop using examples to counteract my meaningless whining!

grow up

download Godot or any game engine and you'd figure out how to do basically what happens there in less than a few hours even if you didn't know any programming. nintentards are fucking unbelievable.

holy cope

The video he posted is an extremely banal physics interaction. Nintendo did not invent some kind of instant impulse on an object in some (x,y,z) direction. Nintendo did not invent 3d characters being able to stand on objects. BotW seems like a fine game, not bought a switch yet, waiting for SMT but hardcore nintendo fans are worse than consolefags for any of the other consoles.

the cope keeps coming

>Nintendo did not invent 3d characters being able to stand on objects.
Uh they sort of did with the n64 sweaty

fpbp

STOP YOU'RE NOT BEING IRONIC YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS SHIT YOU'RE JUST PRETENDING TO BE IRONIC YOU FUCKING FAGGOT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol You fool, you foolish fool.

are you having a stroke?

O nice example you showed to prove me wrong! And a great rebuttal to prove my point wrong. So you Nintendo fans have such narrow vision that you cannot see that MANY OTHER open world games have physics and physics interaction exactly like BOTW? What am I saying, clearly you do.

If you honestly believe BOTW has done ANYTHING new in gaming, or better than anything else, than you're an idiot. You straight up stupid.

Botw is a prime example of how to not design a game, especially an openworld game.

>little collectable strewn across the world
>ever intended to be primary content

It's such a small side thing that the closest comparison I can think of is the coins in Mario Bros. Is Mario Bros. void of content because

>searching sidescrolling levels left and right for coins is a lot of content

Because that is how fucking retarded you sound.

The game has loads of content including:

>20 main quests
>42 shrine quests (some of the best content in the game)
>90 sidequests
>more than 20 memory cutscenes to find
>100ish mini dungeons
>4 main dungeons, 5 with the DLC
>secrets hidden around every corner
>7 inhabited towns, each larger than any Elder Scrolls town since Morrowind, each filled with named NPCs with unique personalities and quirks
>diaries to find that fill out the lore even more
>ancient ruins, mountains, enemy fortresses, forests to explore
>unique events and tiny details in every corner of the map

Y ya seethin little guy?

>MANY OTHER open world games have physics and physics interaction exactly like BOTW?

Name literally one game with physics interaction exactly like BOTW?

>If you honestly believe BOTW has done ANYTHING new in gaming, or better than anything else, than you're an idiot.
Whatever helps you cope, why are you so seething?

>that you cannot see that MANY OTHER open world games have physics and physics interaction exactly like BOTW? What am I saying, clearly you do.

Name one.
A single one.
And if I can list at least 10 things the physics in BotW can do that your example cannot, then your example does not count, I'm waiting.

More like shit tech demo and shit game

more like shit post

fpbp

>guys lets jerk off botw
>nah, don't think so
>FUCK YOU SEETHING
kek

The 120 shrines and Hyrule Castle. They make up a majority of the focused content in the game and they weren't even mentioned.

Wow you named four shit games, and BotW still manages to be the worst one

It’s been 2 years go outside get some fresh air

lol cope

Those don't count

Maybe the problem is your shitty taste

ah just like No Man's Sky had the most content out of any game

>implement ancient physics engine into your game
>retards go apeshit over it
It was impressive in 2004 now it's mostly a novelty

Attached: Cemu 2019-06-30 21-55-36-36.jpg (3840x2160, 1.62M)

The boat/rafts work with troll physics.

Not one hater can name a SINGLE game??
Not a single one!? So I guess BOTW really is the only game to do something like this!

any game in Source already outdid it

Attached: Source_engine_logo.png (250x77, 8K)

I enjoyed BOTW but I have to agree. The physics are really fun to fuck around with but the lack of ennemy variety amongst other things make the game not as enjoyable as it could be.

Not open world so the physics gameplay is more on rails, no weather physics either or anything like shield surfing or gliding etc.

oh, in source you can chop down any tree with an axe, light it on fire, freeze time on the trunk, hit it a bunch to store intertia in it before releasing your time freeze as all the intertia launches it forward into an enemy, the fire on the tree trunk spreading to the grass it passes through and the enemies it hits? The fire then creates an updraft, which you can use to spring up high on your paraglider and snipe enemies from above with your bow, the fire on the ground touches the arrow on it's path, turning the normal arrow into a fire arrow before hitting it's target. A storm arrives, and it starts raining. The rain douses the fire on the ground, you select bomb arrows and try to shoot them but realize that they aren't exploding- because the rain is also dousing the fuse on the bomb arrow. You pull out your sword but quickly realize that the thunder and lightning is attracted to it- instead of swinging it, you throw it at your enemies, and it lands on the ground near their feet. The lightning strikes, targeting the metal sword you threw shocking that group of enemies with lightning. The electricity and rain gives you an idea, you pull out lightning arrows and shoot them at the puddles that are forming because of the rain, and the electricity creates a conductive domino effect, as the electricity surges outwards, jumping from the puddle to the rain drops surrounding it, creating an AOE of electricity to trap your foes with.

Oh wait, you mean 99% of this can't be done in source?
Looks like BotW out did it.

What is
>Half Life 2
>Portal
>Tiny and Big: Grandpa's leftover
>Kerbal Space Program
>Rock of Ages
>Cargo! Quest for Gravity
>Universe Sandbox
>Trine
>Crumble
>Transformice

>physics gameplay is more on rails
>physics on rails

Attached: 1528721927189.jpg (548x644, 86K)

>>physics on rails
yep, it's a corridor shooter

none of those games implement physics around gameplay as well as botw

>Once you accept that botw is not the best game and you start playing actual good games your life will improve as well.

Sorry kiddo but I own a PS4. And there isn't a single fucking game on PS4 which comes close to BotW. Nintendo are simply on a different planet in their approach to game design.

Attached: 1090049-1.jpg (2663x1877, 2.49M)

>kiddo
>Nintendo are simply on a different planet in their approach to game design.
>never played more than 10 games in his entire life
Did you start playing games at this gen or something ?

Attached: 1555252778694.png (650x581, 284K)

Its embarrassing listening to seething child whose opinion is based on infantile jealousy.

Feel free to look up any "Best Games Ever" list and you'll notice that the Top 20 is always completely saturated with Nintendo games. Thats why I always buy Nintendo systems. Nintendo are simply the best developer in the world.

Of course you can't handle this and will deny reality. Because you're a child who only has the one system mommy bought you.

Attached: 1562982934663.jpg (1223x959, 141K)

>Feel free to look up any "Best Games Ever"
I don't waste with shill sites, and you must be really pathetic to actually give a shit about ranking lists past 18.
>Thats why I always buy Nintendo systems.
So you only buy nintendo because some random site told their games are good ?

Attached: 1541500939651.gif (288x198, 1.41M)

That Half Life 2 did it better and that you should stop being a zoomer.

You got owned kiddo. Take like a man and grow from it.

Attached: 1562277222781.jpg (358x308, 30K)

Is the entire game this ugly?

>tfw you can nearly cross half of the entire map by sailing
I'm really looking forward to my second playthrough, I can't wait to waste time in that game again.

I like the game but I'll play devil's advocate here: why make a game about an empty post-apocalyptic world? The in-game world isn't a real life place that exists the way it does for no reason, it was designed by people to be a certain way so why didn't they design it in a way that included more meaningful content?

Wow look another sandbox toy that you'll play around with for 2 seconds and then throw away. If a game can get away with being an incoherent collection of dull mechanics than I guess Fallout 4 is also one of the best games of all time, right?
inb4 seething, because the little kids that play this game can't argue for shit and project their irrational anger over inconsequential opinions onto others.

Yes, actually it gets uglier

Bloodborne is actually somewhat difficult so at least you can actually apply the "fox and grapes" meme. How do you 12 year olds justify applying it here? What makes you think the people shitting on it just don't have access to it? The game isn't hard, the game isn't rare, what could people possibly be mad about other than wasting their time and money on a mediocre game?(in which case you would have to admit the game sucks, defeating the entire purpose of your "argument")
Just watch, you will simply reply with something akin to "seething" despite it being completely none applicable, for the simple fact that you have no actual argument.

>why make a game about an empty post-apocalyptic world?

Its thematic subtext. You are literally birthed naked into this strange land of ruin where some bad clearly went down. Unravelling the mystery and finding your lost memories is part one of the main quests.

The sense of loneliness and isolation and desolation feeds into sensation of being alone in the untamed wild.

>The sense of loneliness and isolation and desolation
We aren't talking about the first Zelda game retard, did you forget there are generic towns and stables full of colorful anime characters scattered across the map? You're never far from one, in fact the game makes no thematic sense as these people have plenty of resources despite the massive numbers of hostile creatures.

Those are like oases in the greater detritus

The map isn't big enough to give that feeling, and they just down feel isolated since everyone is an upbeat cartoon character, and the shops are selling you resources that clearly couldn't come from the one kilometer area they could maybe draw from. Zelda 2 is a good example of how to make towns feel isolated from each other, it works similarly to the first 2 fallout games. It's relatively difficult to travel between town, the overworld is different from regular gameplay so you have to use your imagination to determine how isolated they are. You also don't necessarily see the entire town, so you can assume it has plenty of land to draw natural resources from. I understand 3d will necessarily lose this unless they either A: make games far larger than they currently can or B: split the overworld into multiple maps, but even with aLttP they kind of blew it, that is assuming they were going for an apocalyptic feel at all.

>The map isn't big enough to give that feeling
why not?

Because it just isn't it takes what, 5 minutes to go from one stable to the next? Maybe ten minutes to go from one town to another? You also see that beetle travels readily between stables, faster than even you. Really almost no maps are big enough to give that feeling, most maps aren't even the size of a small city, let alone a county, and civilizations in ancient times weren't usually scattered across small areas, they consisted of many highly dense urban areas that would be separated by distances larger than 100 open world maps stapled together.

I have to agree with that other guy here. It's kind of the other way around. Most of the game is very bright and colorful. The music is generally upbeat or tranquil at worst outside of the beasts and Hyrule Castle. Even the places that are bereft of human life are full of cutesy animals or monsters that chuck each other at you and throw temper tantrums when you steal their stuff. And honestly, when I think of depression, riding a grizzly bear in women's clothing isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind.

The potential was there. It just wasn't really capitalized on. The game was too goofy for it.

this

Attached: 43184051_p0.png (513x768, 357K)

Attached: image1.png (1200x1200, 122K)

Oh, I also forgot that it's far too easy to travel between them. You don't have to do any thinking, especially since climbing practically flattens out the map, climbing is hardly any more involved than walking, it just takes longer and you have to leave the game on for five minutes or start a fire if it starts raining. You never have to think "how the fuck am I going to get over there?" the game makes sure you can easily and lazily go anywhere without much thought, which is primarily what makes the game so boring, since 90% of it is spent doing just that, going somewhere. If climbing was much less useful, maybe lasted an eighth as long as it does, or could only be used on specific surfaces, and the game was designed with that in mind, it might be fun. But as is, the most "thought" you have to put in traversing is "I can't climb this sheer cliff, I'll have to climb this less sheer cliff that's nearby and glide to the top of this one" which gets old after the tenth time you do it, let alone the 100th.
tldr; in real life (and a better game) a mountain range would be an obstacle, in botw it might as well just be a big flat plain.

t. uses fast travel every 3 minutes

Most Zelda fans are the people who don't like BotW.
It kills all the identity Zelda games ever had, all that is left is barebones exploration simulation with funny physics. Even Skyward Sword was a better Zelda game.

If the dungeons weren't all freeform "emergent gameplay" proof of concept crap and actually put in challenges that MADE you use the quirks of the engine in a predetermined way, the game would be as good as everyone says. As it is you can just play it autopilot or if you actually want to try to make the game fun instead of it just being that way, you can explore the things that everyone praises for which you would otherwise ignore completely.

If the game allows why wouldn't I? Walking around isn't engaging, why would I arbitrarily restrict myself when it's essentially the same amount of interaction? Oh sorry, holding up for 5 minutes in a row is really "deep" "engaging" gameplay right? I obviously didn't use fast travel in the beginning of the game, so it's not like I don't know how the game plays without it, I, like any reasonable person, just stopped once I realized there was nothing meaningful between one shrine and the next, so I stopped wasting my time. And there's still plenty where fast travel does pretty much nothing, going to a shrine you haven't been to, for example. But tell me how skyrim is just SO MUCH BETTER if you just waste 20 minutes riding your horse everywhere instead of fast traveling.

i don't care. physics gimmicks don't make up for a shit game.
botw is just this decade's version of half-life 2, a mediocre game overrated to the extreme because it wowed normalfags and the media with "muh physics."

But the game is whatever you want it to be

Attached: 6LYXxRy.jpg (1080x1677, 997K)

>somebody made this

Why is that too short? Most open world games aren't on a 1:1 scale with the real world.

>Most of the game is very bright and colorful.
Wasteland doesn't have to be a desert, bro.

Yeah, and most games don't give off a feeling of isolation between the various communities. I wasn't saying its too small to be a good game, actually I would have preferred it be even smaller so it could be more focused and not so much mindless wondering from area to area. I was just trying to refute the idea that it gives off a post apocalyptic feeling, and the distance between settlements was just one thing I pointed out.
No it doesn't, but it does have to have some dreariness and feeling like the player is in an abandoned world, BotW isn't just colorful in the literal sense, it feels like you're playing a cartoon.

>I wasn't saying its too small to be a good game
I never said you were

>not so much mindless wondering from area to area
You just don't like sandbox games.

>it does have to have some dreariness
Good thing it does I guess

You think lush grasslands with deer and foxes running around invoke desolation? And for that matter, the game HAD a desert--and it was full of seals that you could surf around with. Riju's even had a bow on it. Goofy as shit.

>You think lush grasslands with deer and foxes running around invoke desolation?
No, but the Malice does

Attached: MonsterMalice_botw.png (580x326, 341K)

>too much goofy shit in my casual nintendo game!!!

lol okay tough guy go back to your Chalice Dungeons lmao

Not really, the most you get is Zelda's obnoxious voice actor coming on every few days to tell you its a terrible night to have a curse. The game, as I've said already, is too much like any anime to feel serious, there are too many npcs with too much dialogue, too many quips and too many times Link has "I saw sexy girl and got le nosebleed" tier reactions. Just look at the fucking crossdressing quest and tell me that fits in a game thats supposed to have the sense of dread and isolation of a post apocalyptic setting.

cringe

If you wanted to defend it being a goofy nintendo game you should have started with defending the fact that it's a goofy nintendo game, instead of starting with and then backpedaling

fpbp

And how much of the map is covered in Malice? Compared to how much is covered in grassland.

Word to the wise: It's generally a good idea to actually read the conversation rather than just jump in at the end. No one said it being silly was a bad thing. It's a Zelda game. Of course it's going to be pants on head ridiculous. The discussion was weather or not it works as a post-apocalyptic world.

*whether
Sorry, long day.

None of that post says it can't be goofy too lol. You really want Nintendo to go full Evanescence on a Zelda game?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

FUCKING SMUG NIGGER STOP SMILING

nice copes

wow you take your dumbass shitposting really serious

Nice non-argument. Stay in school and maybe some day you too can achieve actual reading comprehension.

Not at all. BotW is far better than the watered down OoT clone TP, the incomplete WW, the handholdy intrusive SS, and the trash that was the DS games ST and PH.

Other games used havok OP.

Lets see you put out a coherent argument first. Your complaint boils down to it not being Fallout or Mad Max enough. You don't have to like it but you've failed to demonstrate how the game doesn't put up a post apocalyptic feeling otherwise.

Attached: 1563937411509.jpg (1435x755, 149K)

>S e E t H i N g

Stay jealous

Attached: 1563226074293.jpg (882x863, 235K)

You started throwing shade my friend.

No retard, but it definitely doesn't feel post apocalyptic by nature. It doesn't have to be some specific goth aesthetic to feel desolate and isolated, just look at the first two Zelda games.
You are literally just ignoring the argument now. The most the game does to feel "post apocalyptic" is tell you its post apocalyptic and place ruins everywhere, the way characters act and even the way their civilization is set up runs counter to the feeling of a post apocalypse. And pretending that all you said was that it was "post apocalyptic" is moving the goal-post. You said (or are at least defending) "The sense of loneliness and isolation and desolation feeds into sensation of being alone in the untamed wild." which is far more specific than just being "post apocalyptic" and has already been shown to be ridiculous, the game never gives you a feeling of loneliness and isolation.

Cope.

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (650x231, 73K)

>No retard, but it definitely doesn't feel post apocalyptic by nature.
In your opinion

>You are literally just ignoring the argument now.
Your argument is that it "doesn't feel post apocalyptic enough" which is a very arbitrary target.

>already been shown to be ridiculous
In your delusional brain perhaps

Will Yea Forums ever stop being mad about BotW? It feels like we can't go a single day without someone getting triggered.

The likes of us who've been fed triple A shenanigans with padding and manipulation for years don't even deserve BOTW and probably would have a hard time enjoying it anyway.

We have people in this thread saying RDR2 was a good game so you may be on to something.

it is :)

>In your opinion
Yes, and in the opinion of any normal person. You're reaching if you're seriously going to try and defend a game with the tone of a lighthearted anime fan fiction gives you a feeling of "loneliness and isolation". Even Wind Waker felt more post apocalyptic.
>which is a very arbitrary target.
So is literally any target you set for a game, do you think a game being fun or engaging is any less arbitrary?
>In your delusional brain perhaps
You yourself have admitted the game is goofy, how can you say a game where even the majority of the monsters have a silly cartoon bounciness to them has a dreary atmosphere?
>The Zelda game that conforms the most to the open world triple A formula isn't enjoyed by the average triple A slurping retard
Maybe in bizzaro world, they did the best they could to capitalize on every trend in gaming at the time to the point it has no reason to even be Zelda.
It has:
-Ubisoft towers
-Full voice acting
-Cell shading mixed with realistic proportion a-la borderlands
-Survival/Crafting
-Sandbox physics
-An empty open world filled with far too many pointless collectibles
-Flanderized anime characters to appeal to tumblr and porn communities
and of course
-Tons and tons of horse armor tier DLC
And thats just off the top of my head. It is more similar to open world aaa games like Asscreed, RDR, GTA, and even Shadow of War than it is to any previous Zelda games. The only connection is the copyrighted names and items.

user, you just argued that it's subjective and that he's wrong in the same post. It can't be both.

Attached: 1490039000956.png (1000x1102, 761K)

nope

>-Tons and tons of horse armor tier DLC
This is the only thing that pains me, I don't see how the rest is harmful, both in itself and how it's implemented in BOTW specifically.

>empty open world
Didn't feel empty for me at least.

>Flanderized anime characters
All of games I would never expect a Zelda game to put some points in that department.

You can seriously mirror it in Unreal Engine 4 in a few seconds.
Just place a cube or a cylinder in the level, enable physics on those objects and you have this "amazing" physics system BotW has.

Attached: 1434875942683.gif (260x152, 1.98M)

fpbp

sure

>the game never gives you a feeling of loneliness and isolation.

Fucking brainlet moron.

It doesn't, not even a literal child could feel lonely an isolated in a game like this. Maybe if it were actually difficult to get to the populated places, so you could actually get stuck out in the wild, sure. But that never happens

It's just an engine. It's up to the devs to do something good with it.

>If the game was smaller, have more unique enemies instead of a bunch of reskins then we can talk about something

You mean like every Zelda between OoT and BotW?

There's pros and cons to both styles but I'm hoping after the BotW duology they put out another 3D dungeon-based, tighter game.

My personal fav ones are the shield surfing and lightning rod combat

Literally everything you said applies better to the previous titles...

>the-the thematic subtext of the game doesn't exist because I said so.

The game is called Breath Of The Wild for a fucking reason you dumb spastic dipshit. There's a reason the core gameplay is survival based - with you being underpowered and scavaging equipment and materials and hunting for food to survive. There's a reason this is the first Zelda game in 20 years to have Link with a companion. There's a reason the music is full of spare delicate notes rather than a boombastic soundtrack.

>b-b-but my opinion!

Its worthless. You lack the education to analyse anything beyond fratboy mentality.

Which BotW doesn't, even in OP's example it would be faster to just run, jump, and then glide to the other side. "Make your own fun" really isn't fun, there's a reason games have structure and rules, without them it makes something like the OP example just kind of there, something you do once or twice in your first two hours and then never touch again. In fact almost every unique feature they added was like this, I would have much preferred they added maybe a third the total features, but actual designed the game around using them consistently. They could now remedy this with BotW2, but since they'll probably just use the same game world, it's unlikely.

Ive yet to play a game that has that much interesting shit going on in the environment thats for sure and I played a lot of games

I disagree i just got the game and feel like there's a lot of content and i've been having a lot of fun

>Shrines with items/gear in them
>Sidequests, minigames and aide content galore
>Recently found a labyrinth that had the barbarian chestpiece in it
>Found some springs to pray at
>Cleansed a dragon
>Found another one at lake riola
>Nail them with arrows and dip the scales in the waters for free items
>Lots of cooking to be had, durians are op as fuck
>Finding a Hinox with treasure lined around its neck
>Explore Gerudo desert and cheese some molduga for some sweet chests
>Tamed some horses and acquired some ancient horse armor

And more. Granted once you get used to the combat things can get pretty easily cheesable, but then, no Zelda has *really* had difficult combat

>all that is left is barebones exploration simulation

Almost like the first game (which is what they were going for) huh?

How can people bitch about BOTW having no content when TP litteraly has no content besides dungeons

>There's a reason the core gameplay is survival based - with you being underpowered and scavaging equipment and materials and hunting for food to survive
>underpowered
So I see you are retarded child incapable of playing video games. So long as you have a decent sword(which you always should, since the game gives you more than you can carry) you can shitstomp all the enemies every time. You're idea of survival mechanics is shallow and moronic, shooting an animal occasional when you see it while walking along isn't "hunting", its a distraction at best, and you will be drowing in food by the end of the game doing just that, occasionally stopping to toss them on a fire. The fact is you almost never need to use any niche mechanics in the game, and it's usually counter intuitive to do so. You can easily get by just smacking and shooting enemies in the most barebones way possible, occasionally doing the dodge to get smacks in faster, and eating to refill your health instantly (which makes you practically invincible btw, I played the whole game with 3 hearts like this).

Why he look like that

Maybe if the first game spread the same amount of content over 40 times the number of screens
>how can people bitch about [game] being shit when [other game] is also shit?

Remember the river in the icy part of the plateau, where you have several options to get across like rebuilding the bridge or freeing the raft? This is what the whole game needed to be like, and why the plateau was by far the best part of it. You couldn't swim because of the temperature. You couldn't freeze the water and run across. You couldn't glide across. You had to get creative with the environment. Too much of the game is just a sandbox that isn't punishing enough to actually reward creativity. It would legitimately be a better game if Link couldn't swim and there were no glider.

Get this through your head you dumb fuck: It doesn't MATTER what you think.

What matters is the developers intent. If you can't deduce basic thematic subtext then you're a fucking moron.

If you're going to sit there with a straight face and tell me BotW is NOT a game channeling a sense of loneliness and isolation then you are beyond hope.

Attached: nP7U4I.jpg (1920x1080, 603K)

>It doesn't matter that their intent is only ever actually communicated when they explicitly tell you their intent, and that the game never actually invokes the emotions they set out to invoke
>all that matters is that they WANTED to invoke that feeling
I guess it doesn't matter that the game is boring shit either, because they intended to make it good?

This. I wish there was more of a reason to cut down trees and use rafts. I think I used a Korok Leaf once.

Not him but intent =/= execution.

>famalam
What is the source of this obnoxious word? I've been seeing it for years but there's no way it came from here, it sounds to autistic.

this

don't you use a screen protector or do you need 2, 1 for the switch adn 1 for the dock?
About to get a switch and I was just wondering.

It's just "senpai" but people added "alam" because it sounds kind of silly. 'senpai' is just shortened "family", if that wasn't obvious.

>No way it came from here, it sounds too autistic
>Something being too autistic for Yea Forums

Attached: D5B8E689-E2E2-4DAD-A477-0E72D36FD5F1.png (338x327, 169K)

I guess you zoomers forgot Portal exists.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 16K)

Honestly I forgot about that word filter because I almost never said baka, desu, and senpai in the first place.

I know it's misplaced but I still have some faith in this site user

dont

>transformice
>a game where the physics is the gameplay
sounds like you got destroyed by the anvil god

Just like GTA IV

gta iv is wack

its better

nice meme

>BTOW HAS AMAZING PHYSICS
>same mechanic we've seen 1000 times

COPE

Back to school in less than a month kiddo!

Too bad it did nothing interesting with them.

like?

Where the fuck do I build a house in this game?

that animation is high quality, truly high quality non bestiality/rape is far to rare

Death Mountain

Physics haven't improve since havok in HL2. It's even worst.

>sure
This is all you have to do inside of UE4 to get the exact same physics as in BotW.
One checkbox.

The fact that you didn't believe me is pretty funny, because you obviously think what BotW is impossible to replicate and is totally amazing.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1389x823, 107K)

The big problem is that Nintendo didn't want to dare much on survival and physics, so it is extremely easy to trivialize all the features of the game. That's why the first two hours are so amazing but in a short time the game starts to feel "empty".
This game needed official support for mods.

>themed dungeons
Aesthetically different dungeons but with the same "hit switch, open door" puzzle repeated through the entire game, with only minor variations and a block puzzle here or there to break it up? Outdated and unnecessary, especially when the aesthetic differences were so lame and uninspired to repeat the same "Fire, Water, Forest, Ice, ect" dungeon types every game.

>Dungeon items
Also unnecessary and shitty filler. Served only as fancy keys to activate switches and advance through a single dungeon.

>enemy variety
visually unique enemies hiding the fact that they are for the most part functionally the same fucking thing, or are otherwise mindless cannon fodder.

>boss variety
Ah yes! The rich variety of "use this dungeon item to hit glowing eyeball, the slice with sword because it is stunned now, and now repeat this process 3 times." Wow, they are all so unique and different!!!

Why can't people ever agree that a Zelda game is good here?

I'm thinking about trying to get into the series but it seems like there's always arguing about this series and whether an individual game is great vs shit.

>Why can't people ever agree that a Zelda game is good here?
It's good, just massively overrated because people keep ignoring all of the legit problems the game has.

>shit narrative
>most of the content you find are either poorly designed shrines or copypasted korok "puzzles", both of which become very unrewarding to complete very quickly
>final boss is shit
>dungeons are underwhelming and so are the bosses
>combat is janky and shallow
>durability system ruins a lot of things with the game and downright pushes you to avoid fights once you det decent weapons since you gain nothing from fighting enemies apart from breaking your better weapons for shitty clubs or something
>few enemy types and they're just recolored, not even variations like in say DMC where they function differently and have new moves
>tons of underbaked or sloppily designed elements, like the horse system
>etc

These things DO drag the game down for any sensible player that isn't a massive fanboy.
Again, the game doesn't turn into a massive piece of shit or something, but it definately keeps it from being this supposed "masterpiece" .

cause people here are monkeys

But what about the other games in the series? They seem to have equally divisive aspects.

It depends what you're looking for. I love TP, but I like character-driven games so it may be a matter of preference. It's extremely linear and I know a lot of people don't like that.

Well I don't think any Zelda game is a masterpiece.
But I do enjoy a bunch of them.
But BotW was the game people really started going crazy over, which honestly baffles me. This is the seperating factor.

ocarina of time is better

Goat simulator did it better.

This user is correct, Zelda games are good just massively overrated.

If you legit want to get into the series, I'd say to go for the 2d overhead zeldas rather than the 3d ones. Everyone agrees the gameboy games are dope, for example. Start with Link's Awakening. It's self-contained, has a good story, and doesn't require having knowledge of the other games. If you know who Link is, you're ready to play.

This

TWO YEARS

for what

fpbp
If BotW2 isn't a gigantic improvement then something's gone horribly wrong with Nintendo.

Quality over quantity.

BOTW was fun for what it was, briefly. Inventory management and weapon durability wasn't fun. Had no motivation to collect the 600+ korok seeds I missed. Why increase my inventory when the weapons break in 10 hits?

Fucking annoying. Then moderately fun, in that order.

it was fun