About to start playing Victoria II What country would you recommend and anything I should know beforehand?

About to start playing Victoria II What country would you recommend and anything I should know beforehand?
Grand strategy thread, if you want

Attached: V2_1.jpg (1600x900, 501K)

Form germania

uninstall.exe

this

Großgermania or bust

I ask on Yea Forums instead of /gsg/ to avoid shit like this.

america is pretty babby tier, you only have to really deal with mexico in the early game and then the only threat after that is england/csa
if you're playing vanilla expect eventspam galore about nitroglycerine and a southern belle

uniting prussia is kinda a simple goal as well, once you do form germany the rest of the game is kinda a joke since your manpower and factory score jumps dramatically.

Post your grossgermanium by 1876 or you're not white.

bump

Japan is proberly the most fun cuntry to rise to great power status.
Also consider making a united BENELUX.
USA is boring, all you do is beat Mexico around.
GB just shits on Indian minors all game.

Attached: 1532315601589.png (462x425, 189K)

talex

>About to start playing Victoria II What country would you recommend and anything I should know beforehand?
Japan, USA or Prussia
Administration, education, military spending to the max all times
Get all states at least 2% clergy
Military supplies at the lowest when not at war, when at war 100% is a must
Tariffs, taxes as high as you need to get positive budget
Lower tariffs as your industry builds up, might want to have low taxes on the rich and encourage capitalists just to get them set up factories. Then once you have decent industry hike up taxes of the rich and lower for other classes
Always get philosophy techs first

Thanks. Anyone has anything else?

Get some mods. HPM or HFM add so much they're like free DLCs and improve the game a lot overall

I've HPM

Shit. Didn't notice

4Infantry 5Artillery 1Hussar
Make winery factories
National focus bureaucrats and then intellectuals when at 100% on highest pop provinces
Take Warri early game or Sicily, makes you rich af. Ofo too.

I usually pick small eastern europe countries and duke it out with the ottomans in EU4

ive gotten pretty good at it

serbia of course

Attached: 1496040972465.jpg (1024x614, 88K)

TEXAS
E
X
A
S

>pick Belgium
>conquer Netherlands
>finish conquering Indonesia
>conquer Nigeria
>conquer Ethiopia
>get the Congo

I hate the warry meme, I only take Warri as Portugal, France, Netherlands or Spain in the early game for autistic roleplay reasons

Also I recommend playing the shogunate

NF clergyman

Army composition should be 4inf 4arty 1engineer 1hussar
Later game once planes come in replace hussar with planes and add tanks, although I don't know what is the best late game composition

France and USA are a great easy mode to learn stuff.
Spain is another nice tutorial.

prussia is a decent challenge for a newcomer, if you dont understand sphereing mechanics you'll never form the german empire, and you'll almost certainly end up at war with france and russia simultaneously multiple times

>Spain is another nice tutorial
>pick what rebels you want up until the end of the game Chirstinos or Carlists
lel

>Spain
Great fun you can try recreating the Habsburg too

Attached: 20190627160400_1.jpg (1920x1080, 525K)

I only played France once in a mod were Prussia was weaker, I don't like having my soldiers being killed by subhuman krauts and their meme generals with 5 and 4 attack

In the same game my metropolitan France had 120 million pops by 1936

you must be shit because france is comically overpowered in vicky 2

Then again, I hate wars and having my pops soldiers killed

The Ottoman Empire, obviously.

quit and install HFM
Play Brazil/Japan

USA is a good starter nation hard to mess up

Make sure to install HFM or HPM. Prussia is a decent first start and so is the USA.

does spain have an flavour when you retake new spain?

Afaik no

Intellectuals to 4% if you have literacy

Sweden and form Scandinavia

Attached: 20190304010709_1.jpg (1920x1080, 524K)

>Chunks of Russia proper
>No baltic states

>not forming Scandinavia as Denmark
Sweden is easy mode

YOU MUST FORM GROSSGREMANIBUMSN

Attached: anongetstricked.jpg (121x70, 3K)

I enjoy playing an Italy game personally. Still get to play with national unification mechanics and colonizing, but not as broken late game as Germany.

Install hpm.

I can't not play SCA starting as Denmark anymore. The Sound Toll is my cocaine and I can't fucking stand watching the AI give it away.

>once you have decent industry hike up taxes of the rich and lower for other classes

Attached: 1557890226696.png (1022x968, 1.04M)

What, just attack prussia as sweden lmao

bump

hmm, yes, very interesting, very interesting, but may I suggest
CHINA?

Always conquer Jahore. ALWAYS

play the netherlands, then prussia and then japan

That's not very nice.

The Danes get bullied into giving it away, and the AI has a small chance of not agreeing, and in that event all GPs get a CB on them, if they lose they lose them. Also, if someone builds the Kiel, it goes away too. Attacking Prussia to annex Holstein or something like that only solves the second issue, 9/10 the danes will just give up the Sound Dues and you will be permanently cucked out of a literal money factory. Starting as Denmark lets you guarantee they're never given away, unless you are bad and you ose against the GPs, that is.

Form Germany with Austria as the leader. Fuck the destructive Prussians

I hope Paradox currently working on Victoria III

Man I always wait for some asshurt lefty to post that in these threads. Works everytime.

Form greater germania, fuck the muslims and the jews.

Portugal and do the coast to coast challenge