Unwanted vidya gifts

Do you know that feeling when you receive a gift that you don't really like or want, but you gotta pretend that you do so you don't hurt the person gifting it? Tell the story

>several years ago, was still living with at my mums place while starting uni
>mention in passing that I thought about maybe getting a PS3
>next day she's all excited and tells me to look into the living room
>she bought a PS3 and RDR
>wtf, th-thanks mum
>play maybe 50 hours in total then use it as blue ray player
She should have asked me and then saved her money..

>a few more years earlier, roughly 2006, I'm like 14 or 15 at this point, playing WoW all day
>was living at my dad's place at the time
>decide to go through the drawer where my parents would hide birthday presents
>find the original spellforce from 2003
>they must have forgotten it there and never gave it to me
>I had played a demo and didn't like it at all
That went better than expected but I still felt bad.
These days I mostly just get money or things I specifically asked for, or socks. Socks are honestly the best gift.

Attached: Farm-432.png (649x857, 1.16M)

bump

Attached: 309.png (600x400, 124K)

>getting gifts in the first place
you have no right to complaint

>Grandfather gifts me this
>They're completely impractical
>Me and my little brother have to use them whenever my granddad visits so we don't seem ungrateful
He also got us some shovel ware party game, but this shit is infinitely more useless

Attached: 61bB2TShmJL._AC_[1].jpg (1500x1259, 83K)

Not complaining. It's more of a sadness or awkwardness. I appreciate the gifts, but they were not necessary.

The only time i got unwanted gifts was when it was when it was something i already had, I received Kingdom Hearts three times.

>add nothing to the gameplay
>just really cumbersome and awkward
i never truly realized how much of a gyp these were, aside from the steering will to an extent

Attached: cdi_luigi_thumbnail_source_by_planxtafroggie_dbd0039-250t.jpg (280x250, 12K)

>It's a secret santa thing with all my cousins and uncles
>I'm given the second book in a series that I've never read
im not mad that i got a book i like books. but its the fucking second book in a fantasy series what am i supposed to do with that

How about you read it you ungrateful oaf?

>have to use them whenever my granddad visits so we don't seem ungrateful
That's the worst. My grandpa always gave me pencils and stuff so I wouldn't spend so much time at the computer. He was an architect and so wanted me to draw more. Now I'm an architect and I spend the entire day on the computer, drawing on my drawing tablet. I guess he got his wish after all..

what the fuck is that

Attached: 1489622563582.jpg (600x703, 24K)

oh yeah vidya related. oops, forgot i was on Yea Forums.
not sure if its *too* related but i got an N64 for my birthday in 2008. it was actually my first console and i was kinda excited. then about a week later i got it taken away because my step dad was a fucking asshole. not really unwanted, but its the only vidya related thing i can think of. i was rarely given vidya gifts
i was a 15 year old with no money, do you expect me to go to my parents and say "pretty please, will you buy me the first book" so im not confused as all fuck about wtf is going on in the second book

My experience with this turned out great.
>14 years old or so.
>Birthday.
>At my dad's house (divorced parents/Mexican family)
>As per usual get nothing but fucking clothing.
>My aunt gives me her gift.
>I can immediately tell it's a gamecube game by the size and shape.
>Get really excited.
>I look at the case and my expression quickly drops.
>Notice my change of expression and force a smile and thank her.
>Later on during that week actually pull the game our and give it a look over
>The game my aunt got me was Timesplitters.
>Find out there's a campaign mode and play through it with my older brother.
>Some random ass unexpected FPS game (I really didn't like FPSes as a teenager) ended up being one of the best brother bonding experiences I had with my older brother.

Just read the fucking book why do you have to read the first one?

Chinks were geniuses to bank on the fact that old fucks literally have no concept of imagination.

Also to add to this thread because it's kind of interesting and I don't want it to die, now a days the only vidya related gifts I get that I don't want are meme games from friends through steam.

What kind of person would give out gifts that no one wanted, that’s crazy talk

Attached: C13B68D8-316E-4A11-9E8F-314C961F4449.png (926x796, 222K)

Fuck gifts.
I'm expected to be grateful for some cheap bulls hit I don't and I need to buy some cheap bullshit to gift in turn.
Anything within a reasonable price range I can buy for myself.

Based autist

My brother gave me kingdom hearts recoded for my birthday after I was pretty fatigued with the series. I feel bad in hindsight because it was a pretty thoughtful gift, but I’m really bad at forcing myself to show gratitude

do white people seriously eat fucking bugs

Based aunt

My parents gave me a ps2 for my 12 birthday along with three games: a diving game, a horse racing game (both were pretty good actually) and fucking Metal Gear Solid 2. I guess they didn't really know what it was or thought 'tactical espionage action' couldn't be so bad. The game blew my fucking 12 year old mind. Definitely not an unwanted gift.

It's a device to farm back soldier flies, or more specifically their maggots, to eat them. Supposedly it can create up to 4 lbs of protein in a month. Black soldier flies don't eat, they only require water. They lay their eggs into those small crevices, where they fall down into a hatch you can fill with your leftover food. The maggots eat the food and, once it's time, walk up a ramp on the inside because that's what they do. Because the climb is exhausting, the maggots empty their bowels. At the end of the ramp, they fall into a small drawer that you can take out to harvest them. The biggest maggots are spared and put into the top of the device, where they become new flies to repeat the cycle.

I'd rather eat ants