Dialog box simulator 2k16

dialog box simulator 2k16

Attached: Yakuza_12_PS4.png (1920x1080, 3.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9iHUpgwJ_s
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw_XZeIBv_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=U9tjhithQjU
youtu.be/W61-AJIZFCk
youtube.com/watch?v=OxdSHij6S7M
strawpoll.me/18349843
youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Movie games are ok, as long as Japan does them.

More like cringe simulator

Yakuza is a an anomaly in gaming it's both a movie game and action game, with minigames, side quests, activities. This hurts the average Yea Forumsedditor brain.

I want to play Yakuza. Which game do I start with?

yep, i thought this game was terribly boring.
very shallow drama, like a japanese soap opra.

Zero, Kiwami, kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and then judgement.

Attached: 1562534065882.jpg (1081x669, 63K)

The fact that Yea Forums adores Yakuze mean that all the hate for movies games are usually contrariarism. Pathetic

I love this artist

>Japanese game with no voice acting
>constantly pressing same button to skip dialogue for 5+ minutes
Holy shit fuck this garbage.

Because Yakuza actually has fun activities and GAMEplay you stupid nigger.

>GAMEplay
Only after you watch an hour long dialogue between two old japnese guys

This may come as a surprise to you, but you're supposed to READ the dialogue.

God forbid you actually have to read something.

Oh no, I'm being invested in a story! Kys ADHD brainlet.

then why isn't a a book/manga?

>It's ok when Yakuza does it.

Because they have GAMEplay and activities. You're such a dumb retard.

>kiwami 1
>zero first

Attached: 1430675559948.gif (200x183, 428K)

There is no good way to play Yakuza 1, its not a great entry.

Attached: 3736363626262.jpg (2560x1920, 1.97M)

Yeah, but you have have to watch 3 hours of stiff DIALOGUE before you can get to it, and then another 3 hours after you're done with that short GAMEplay section
You might as well watch a TV show at this rate, fag

Holy shit why does every Yakuza thread go to shit?

What does Yea Forums think of Ishin? I think it's easily top tier. Combat is some of the best. Top tier remixes and original music. Ryoma and his brother are great. The returning characters in Shinsemgumi play with your expectations despite some of them getting little screen presence. Was there any retarded twist? I feel like it's the only "good" story next to 0.

Attached: 20190708_190506.jpg (720x428, 82K)

most of Yea Forums can't do more then pressing R1 to attack and O to dodge. Also because of the average Yea Forumsedditor brain they don't understand the mechanics of the minigames and the attention span of most Yea Forums posters is lower than that of a fly see

>Let me exaggerate and be hyperbolic!
They're not that long. You're just an ADHD brainlet. Fucking faggot zoomer.

0 or Judgment are the best entry points right now.

Can't go wrong with either.

where is yakuza 5 o based weeaboo nigger?

Holy shit, there are TWELVE Yakuza games?

>Yakuza has shit gamepla-

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Gameplay fucking suck, even dad of war have a better gameplay
And I didn’t pay 40 dollars just to sing on a karaoke

>2 is A tier but remake of 2 is D tier
>remake of 1 isn't even listed

>Gameplay fucking suck
t. dude who plays in normal and stacks up on medicine drinks and spams.

>21 second webm to show off good gameplay
>it's half cutscene

what a lying faggot you are
youtube.com/watch?v=u9iHUpgwJ_s
the player doesn't get control until 12 minutes, and even his's GAMEplay is interrupted ever 2 minutes before for some dumb dialogue, these """"games"""""" are just glorified virtual novels, but of course Yea Forumsirgins like you suck it off because it's japnese

Tbh I'm probably way too harsh on Kiwami 2. This is gonna sound retarded but ruining the knife scene, probably the best scene in the series is a bit unforgivable. So is removing Silent Night. I just didn't dig it as much because I felt burnt out playing Kiwami, 6 and Ishin within like 8 months of each other.
And Kiwami is on there retard. On the bottom where it belongs. It's good but they fucked up the bosses and music. And Yakuza 1 is just a great game for it's time.

Attached: 7e6a10a265eb95d6d8b5dea8bcd8e4944f14f90d27987a0d05a4e23853be5f2c.jpg (414x410, 177K)

Not that guy, but why the FUCK do you have to call me out like that? I may not be good at video games, but at least I have fun!

Because that's the opening cutscene introducing you to the game. Just fucking neck yourself if you can't even handle 12 minutes. You probably watch fortnite ecelebs that have longer vids you fucking zoomer.

Yakuza has 10/10 gameplay, though.

Attached: God Tier Yakuza Combat.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

talk about a dishonest argument

>Can't back up his bullshit claims anymore.
Zoomers gotta Zoom.

Only zoomer here is you watching your glorified b-moives and having the audacity to call them """""""""""Games"""""""""""""

God 3's western box is so shit

you can't pretend it's just the opening cutscene when it never ends

More of a game than your zoomer trash.

screaming zoomer at everything isn't an argument

kys

oh wow yakuza 12 has been released already? i must have been in a long coma

Why not just play Sleeping Dogs? I can't believe Yakuza has so many sequels yet is still jankier than Sleeping Dogs.

I already presented my case faggot. Not my fault you faggots have low attention spans and ADHD and can't handle a 10 minute cutscene.

>No argument
yeah no, enjoy your no gameplay, qte filled, movie game though, dumbass

>10 minute
blatant lies

Kys faggot.

i have the sudden surge to replay 0, im a poorfag and i pre ordered it (i rarely buy single player games) just because i wanted sega to consider to release the yakuza franchise to PC

Attached: file.png (459x119, 36K)

quality debating skills on display right here

Debate with what. All you faggot are going to do is scream "movie" games. You guys are just mad that Yakuza series good GAMES LMAO. Contrarian zoomers up in here ;^)

The gameplay of Yakuza is either talking to someone or walking to someone to talk to. there will be a two minute long fight sequence or minigame every 45 minutes or so.

This pretty funny pretty call your game out for being a movie, and you can't even defend it properly, all you can do is have a mental breakdown and spazz out like a retard

I recognize that hand and bed!

So now Yea Forums hates Yakuza.
Fucking edgy contrarian degenerates

my name is Yea Forums

I don’t hate it. I just want to call out hypocrites

release Y3 remastered you cowards

>YOU NEED TO PLAY ON HARD SO THE GAME IS ENJOYABLE
Then turn the normal mode into the hard mode, and make the hard mode an even harder more. I will obviously start with the normal mode because it was like the game was intended to be played

>Yea Forums is a hivemind
I love yakuza games and own the first one with english voice acting on my ps2, but I'll wholly concede that there's a fuck load of cutscenes which at times can be like watching a movie

Like all japanese games

Yakuza 0 the movie
Cutscenes only 4 hours 39 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw_XZeIBv_Y

100 sub stories and almost all of them are purely dialogue. Based.

does it include all of the dialog boxes too?

Yakuza 6 all cutscenes (main story only)
8 hours 22 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=U9tjhithQjU

No, just the voice acted scenes.

Has any fanbase NOT gone to shit after being ported to PC? Yakuza series being ported to PC was the biggest mistake ever, now its filled with specs-fags who don't even care about the game series and can't appreciate it.

Yakuza 0, and Judgment, since it's not directly linked to any others and is a brand new story with new characters.

>Yakuza 0, and Judgment, since it's not directly linked to any others and is a brand new story with new characters.
Yakuza 0, and Judgment, since it's not directly linked to any others and is a brand new story with new characters..

I fucking hate PC faggots. They never played any of the games until 0 and pretend like they know what they're talking about in these threads lmao. It's good knowing they'll never play 3, 4, 5 etc though.

based

The difference is they're much better movies than western movie games. They're no paragons of storytelling but they work.

Where's the PSP games, Judge Eyes, and Lost Paradise?

I fucked up replying twice in a row. I think I am legally retarded now.

Yakuza 3 is already on ps4 in Japan, it might get released in the west which means a PC port is also likely. I don't know why they even bother with PC ports, half these faggots don't pay for them anyway.

Attached: 71h9AO43q4L._SX342_.jpg (342x429, 35K)

Who the fuck cares?

HOW THE FUCK do I beat this minigame?

Attached: Yakuza 6 minigame.webm (854x480, 1.97M)

by beating your meat

Bros, what are some good Japanese detective kinos/dramas similar to Judgment?

Just this little part of 0 and Kiwami 1 beats every western game out there

Attached: 1549894302723.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

>play

Well it's a crime movie instead of detective so it's more like the yakuza games, but Outrage is good. It's a Beat Takeshi movie, there's a sequel called Outrage 2 which I liked but it's not as good.

No wait, the sequel was called Beyond Outrage.

>Ishin
>Good story
It's okay, I don't get why everyone flaunts it with such praise when it's the gameplay and overworld that's the best part about it, Kenzan had a way better story that was much more suspenseful and had far better characters in my opinion, even with Shishido gaining amnesia twice.
>The vast majority of the characters within the Shinsengumi you get introduced to die within one or two scenes, they cull like half of the crew before chapter 7 when you only join in either 4 or 5 despite introducing you to every single one of them.
>They literally kill the guy who killed not-Kazama in a cutscene after you spent several chapters trying to figure out who did it sending you on a chase to find that guy instead.
>Ryuji and Akiyama are basically shoved into the story because of their historical relevance and it doesn't really fit with the whole story until the end of the game because they basically just appear once or twice, Ryoma forces them to be friends, and that's that out of absolutely nowhere.
>The game is constantly hinting there's someone higher up above Takechi and there is, but even so it still feels weird that everyone is fine with killing Jingu who goes from introduced to dead in two minutes, and then letting Takechi off scot free when he caused a ton of the problems personally and tried to kill Ryoma countless times during the game.
>Takes forever for Mine and Saejima to actually befriend Ryoma.
Honestly, the best part of the story is how Ryoma basically tells Tokugawa how much he's ruining Japan after he slaughtered his entire castle with Okita, tells him to step down, and he actually does.

Attached: 1475409221155.jpg (870x1280, 757K)

Ishin is good because it's a nice whodunit story, and I like how it's treated as though it's a tv show everyone is acting it.

>and I like how it's treated as though it's a tv show everyone is acting it.
I was just viewing it as a normal story like I did with Kenzan and the other games, I guess that's a good way to view it because it does work much better like that. It still has some problems, namely with the assassin dying, but you could easily treat the Ryuji/Akiyama drinking thing as a filler episode with that context.

Aren't pretty much most of his movies about yakuza? Also, I've just started playing Judgment, it seems to me it's more focused on the detective and investigative work compared to other Yakuza games?

it didn't get a physical copy outside of japan nigga

if you think Yakuza is dialogue heavy you're a fucking child

>it seems to me it's more focused on the detective and investigative work compared to other Yakuza games?
Yagami goes deep into the investigative stuff because it's how he builds his case, constantly trying to find new information, new leads, etc, but the mechanics for such things aren't too deep. You'll interrogate people a couple of times during the story and present information, but it's not exactly a main mechanic. The object searching and presenting evidence are really the deepest it goes in terms of actual detective mechanics. It's not to the level of Phoenix Wright is basically what I'm trying to say. The story has you finding information as you progress, though the Side Cases have you finding information yourself for those specific cases and deducing things.

Yakuza has no hour long cutscenes and only a couple of lengthy ones, it sounds like you just booted up 0 and got daunted by the intro

>0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, Judgment
I played every game as it came out in Japan, but I can't recommend the entire series to newcomers. If you play those four, you've experienced the best that there is to offer. If you really want more after that, go back and have a go at the PS3 games and 6.
Alternatively, play in release order if you think you can avoid the burnout.

Pretty good list. I'd swap 6 and 5. I don't think 6 is better than K2. Both are lacking a lot of content, but K2 does make some improvements.
5 should be higher just because of the sheer amount of content in that game. The story was a mess, but 5 characters and 5 cities was fucking great.

>I've just started playing Judgment
You should really avoid these threads for a while. Judgment's plot twists and revelations as the story progresses are some of the most satisfying in the series. I would really hate if you had that spoiled for yourself.

That looks like batman arkham buttonmashing trash.

Well, because Sleeping Dogs is an open-world sandbox game set in Hong Kong. Yakuza is a small, confined open world set in Japan. No cars to steal, innocents to shoot, or people to cook alive. Just a man in a snakeskin jacket who gets salty over a card game.

Attached: Rolling eyes faaaaallllllllll.gif (320x180, 804K)

>almost done with Majima Everywhere
>literally only 1 move slot left before finishing the fight with Majima
>basically have to complete this minigame in order to do it
Goddammit. I can't move on to Kiwami 2, yet before beating him.

Attached: 1563421214404.png (479x558, 262K)

did only 3 released so far in japan? i thought that bringing 3-5 remastered to the west within the same time for pc/ps4 just because pc had kiwami 2 ported so it would would benefit the western audience more

>You probably watch fortnite ecelebs that have longer vids you fucking zoomer
kek

I love Anri!

Gameplay fucking sucks. The combat is ass, and none of the mini-games beyond the arcade games in Club Sega are worth a damn.

>you have to watch hour long cutscenes
>NO WAIT 3 HOUR LONG CUTSCENES
>posts video showing it's only 11 minutes at the absolute worst during the opening credit sequence that you can skip
>IT'S A MOVIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You will inevitably start to feel bored. You will walk from pointless conversation to pointless conversation. You will read and read and read while character models stare at each other lifelessly. You will do the same unchallenging fights hundreds of times over where enemies pose no threat. You will stare at cutscenes that play out in the slowest way possible. You'll tell yourself the story has gripped you while trying to ignore how badly written it is.
You will wonder why Yea Forums and various ecelebs hyped up this series, and begin telling yourself that YOU must be wrong, not them. You'll tell yourself it's good just to feel a part of something.

That's what you're in for.

how come none of the enemies are attacking

I unironically love the combat in K2, throwing dudes around didn't get old and extreme heat only made it more fun.

Attached: 1533901132940.png (403x585, 577K)

This. It's not "good" combat and it's never challenging and you don't really have to put much effort in because you'll win anyway and the enemies are pretty docile BUT it does make you feel like a badass.

K2 lets you get over powered as soon as you reach Sotenbori because you can just buy digestive pills and eat food over and over again, even non dragon engine games let you bring shit ton of healing items to make all the fights trivial.
I think Yakuza was always more about making you feel stylish or powerful with heat moves ect.

Attached: Dl8fLcCVsAIZEtu.jpg (517x505, 32K)

Yes, it's casual as fuck. You practically can't lose and the combat is very broken.

One of the best things about Y6 is how everything is fully voiced so you no longer need to skip through walls of text. Makes the expirience so much more smooth. Too bad I heard they went back to stupid dialog boxes in Kiwami 2 and Judgement.

People calling Yakuza a movie game should play God of War. That has an hour long intro with no gameplay. THAT'S a movie game. Yakuza would never have something like that.

The bosses in these games can be fucking bullshit if you restrict yourself from using healing items and weapons while playing on hard.
Fuck this bastard Sera. He can just put you in a hold and delete your entire heat bar immediately after you successfully land a full combo with a heavy finisher on him.
Not to mention he can just dodge out of your combo before you start the heavy moves most of the time.

Theyre not even trying to hit him.

just spam until you cheese a win and then tell yourself you've accomplished something and spend the rest of your days telling others to "git gud"

damn nigger youre everywhere nowadays

Yakuza was about making you feel cool while doing shit and it works.

>DOOD THIS GAME IS HARD IF YOU DON'T DO THE THINGS THAT MAKE IT EASY
Holy shit really? I never would've guessed

>bosses are fucking bullshit if you go out of your way to ignore parts of game systems which were taken into account when designing the fight and gimp yourself
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DUDE

I never said it doesnt, I love these games.
The combination of really good animations, great music and enemies that react to your hits really sells the combat even thought its a bit on simplistic side.
youtu.be/W61-AJIZFCk

Attached: 1557354625477.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

>buy food and items
>heal whenever you get low
>shoot at the guy from a distance with ten guns
>use a weapon that knocks him down with each hit so you are never in any danger of getting hit yourself

Is this how you niggers play these games then?

If I'm struggling, literally yes. That's why the items in the game.
Instead of saying WOOOOOOW IT'S BULLSHIT I WAS PRESSING BUTTON BUGGED BOSS MECHANICS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

this

user I didn't say that though

I always thought Yakuza was some beat em up series where you go around Japan beat the shit out of everyone, which sounded fun.
Then I tried out the series and sat through a bunch or dialogue non-stop with static models.
I sat there wanting to beat the shit out of people but the dialogue never stopped.
What do people see in this series?

Attached: 1560117155982.png (919x551, 609K)

You said it, these games are designed like shit. You practically have to trick yourself into having a good time.

God of War doesn't have an hour long intro but Yakuza 6 does

the fighting is pretty good but come on guys, a good three quarters of the content in these game is braindead comedy sidequests where you jog a block or two to get to the next shot-reverse-shot in-engine dialogue scenes with no voice acting. sometimes you have to find an item. you can go into restaurants and your guy will mime eating something. you can bowl or play japanese chess. amazing.

This strawman setup is getting boring

>half these faggots don't pay for them anyway.
Look at how much Y0, YK1 and YK2 cost on steam
Most players are almost definitely buyers at that price

This. People should know it's a strawman the moment someone says the combat is anything other than complete shit. I don't know how people haven't spotted this yet.

you challenge some norb to a fight and he starts doing that shit, you're telling me you wouldn't hang back a litte

Sagawa did nothing wrong

>challenge guy to a fight
>start a fight
>never once take a swing and back off the entire time
why

Attached: Yakuza Kiwami 2 2019.05.28 - 00.37.15.07.DVR.webm (748x420, 2.81M)

heres me taking out all the haters itt

Attached: 1559419148048.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

>threaten some fruit in a sparkly sailor costume for kicks
>he starts to emit a powerful purple glow and leaps seventeen feet headfirst into my buddy's chest
>mfw

based

give it back, Jamal

Is there no yakuza 5?

>guy bounces and flies out of the door
hearty keks

Y5 was digital only outside of japan

This describes my short experience with yakuza perfectly

At least you accepted reality. Some never do and buy the same game 10 times and lie to themselves for hundreds and hundreds of hours.

Yakuza is the button-masher to end all button-mashers. There is no actual skill involved.

why is it that whenever people talk about yakuza they make it sound like the best thing ever but literally every second of gameplay I have seen makes it look like pure trash

Because it IS pure trash. It was overhyped when it was niche because that made people feel like they had superior "underground" taste but the truth always was that the games don't sell great because they're not very good.

If Yakuza games were HALF as good as they were hyped up to be they would be the biggest sellers going. But the reality is they're cheap assetflip rehashes full of tedium, braindead combat and are nothing more than glorified VNs. (Which don't even have good writing)

Except drink piss

Yakuza's biggest problem is the dialogue pacing. There is so much unnecessary text and exposition shoved in because the devs assume the audience is actually retarded

gamepay is press a to move dialog forward

>the devs assume the audience is actually retarded
Wait a minute...

Based

based and hard-truthpilled

I feel bad for everyone memed into playing this shit

The bomb being a fake in 2 sums up perfectly why the writing in these games is terrible. Nothing ever actually matters or has consequence. Things happen just to have a melodramatic scene which ten minutes later doesn't even matter anymore. Kaz can be stabbed and left to die and then be back on his feet and fine 2 minutes later. These games are full of this shit. It's not even "twists" because that would mean things would have to be foreshadowed or at least still have consequence. But literally everything that you think is happening can be undone at any moment. RUBBER BULLETS is the most extreme example but the games are full of this garbage. It only annoys me because when people point out how shit the gameplay is they defend the games by saying "you idiot, you play for the story" but that makes no sense when they're written so badly.

>Yakuza games are eas-

Attached: Joamon.jpg (325x279, 19K)

>ITT one mad samefag bumping the thread over and over

Attached: 1337653358624.jpg (573x493, 26K)

I actually like these games but you can cheese this fucker and his sons every single time so nah.

I had a lot of fun with the cabaret and real estate minigames

its pretty funny that someone can get so assmad over a game they dont like
then again its Yea Forums so i shouldnt be suprised

Attached: 1557380026014.jpg (1920x828, 190K)

what's the point of hiring those JAV modes if you don't go all out

I emulated the first two. What am I missing by not playing Kiwami?

yes the combat in yakuza is total shit, we all know already. why do people keep saying it?

Kiwami 1 is just a worse version of 0 with exact same issues that OG 1 did,they didnt improve on the bosses or anything they just turned Majima into a shit meme and added Nishki cutscenes that flesh him out more.
Honestly just watch the Nishiki cutscenes on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=OxdSHij6S7M
K2 is pretty good as long as you like dragon engine physics

strawpoll.me/18349843

What else would I do with my pathetic old life if not trying to hammer some sense into atleast one sperging shitposter?
Grow a spine faggots.

Nothing. The original is better than Kiwami. I only recommend it over the original so people who start with 0 don't shit their pants. And 0, K1, and K2 make a nice little trilogy like that.

Strawpolls should be banned

Attached: Yakuza - Insane boss fight.webm (640x360, 1.88M)

He was so easy in 6.
>drink attack buff
>enter heat mode
>fish for tiger drop
>if you fail tiger drop you'll get triangle heat move with multiple QTE for bonus damage
>you can't die in heat mode

Absolutely

Attached: bannable.jpg (506x146, 13K)

holy shit, the enemy actually tried to attack the player, sort of. this combat is INSANE.

>he bosses in these games can be fucking bullshit if you restrict yourself from using healing items and weapons while playing on hard.
Walking can be difficult if you don't use your legs.

Attached: 1562713517031.jpg (261x440, 32K)

Fighting breaker Majima is the most annoying shit

He is actually the easiest one with Tigerdrop, fuck late game Slugger.

>waah I made the game difficult for myself and now it's difficult!
just play the games as they were intended: with literally no challenge whatsoever

Stop playing on normal, dumbfuck.

good think they fixed that with the new amon in Judgment.
He steals you're phone so you can't spam healing items so youe have to actually learn his moves and lock out. He also has Mechanics in it where you can't just cheese him with EX moves.

Attached: Shin Amon.jpg (480x360, 28K)

It's taken them almost 10 games to figure out how to make a single challenging fight. Excited for where the series will be a decade from now.

Git gud.

Attached: Yakuza - Black Umbrella.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

To be fair, most games are like that these days. Same with DMC.

why the fuck are people voting no?

do you have the heat move of majima catching sword with his teeth? I fucking love that one.

Attached: majima peek.jpg (559x531, 33K)

They're not resetera cucks.

Sounds pretty cool. Spamming healing items annoys me a lot in Yakuza games, I hate pause healing.

congrats user you pushed the cutscene button during the 30 second window between enemies actually trying to hit you

Only women and trannies post passive aggressively and use sarcasm.

>THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING EASY
>then dont use healing items and weapons during fights
>WOW WHAT ARE YOU AUTISTIC?
I seriously don't get some of you retards, do you just do optimal builds in every game, abusing and using every mechanic to make the game piss easy?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-15-21-19-23-833_com.miui.gallery.jpg (1080x385, 73K)

Fucking zoomers. Not everything is made for you, you know.
Yakuza is for older thinking men.

Release order (Zero has spoilers of Yakuza 4, and Kiwami 1 lost the interest on Majima because the fucking "Majima´s Everywere")

Yakuza 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Dead Souls - 5 - Zero - 6

>Oh no I have to sit back and watch a character do a 10 second animation after certain criteria in gameplay were met, my attention has already been diverted to something shiny amidst the cigarette butts and piss bottles on my desk

>do you just do optimal builds in every game, abusing and using every mechanic to make the game piss easy?
No? The games are casual as fuck. You don't need to "abuse" the system, you can cakewalk these games effortlessly just by playing them as intended.

>Dead Souls
Don't torture yourself

No, is a real combat, is not batautomatic.

>Dead Souls
I just completed 4, am I supposed to play this shit before 5? It looks like a really shitty spin-off.

I really like it.

But is not canon, if user dont want play it he can skip it. (But at least see the Karaoke of Majima in youtube, is the best one)

Attached: Maji.gif (500x281, 1.3M)

it is just ignore it. It's a what if scenario after 2 in a zombie world

Is a bit repetitive, but still feels like a Yakuza game (except combat). Has really cool moments and still has all the extra things like Karaoke, Hosts, etc.

But if you want, you can skip it.

>Is a bit repetitive, but still feels like a Yakuza game
lol

Is after 4, but yes is a what if zombie world.

The only change is the "final boss" of 2 dont die, only lose a arm in this "universe".

>Is after 4
oh i always thought after 2, yeah my bad

Game should be balanced around all of player's options. You shouldn't limit yourself for a challenge, it's developer's job.

>normal is the way it's supposed to be played
Nigger are you dumb, barely any make the intended difficulty the default one, the average player would get too frustrated and quit. Look at halo for instance, it's intended difficulty is Legendary, one below the hardest difficulty. Do you think evwn 1/4 of the playerbase would stick around after dying repeatedly and getting overly frustrated? Use your brain when selecting a difficulty

Attached: 1563577744865.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

>intended difficulty is Legendary
No it's heroic
>one below the hardest difficulty
I'm confused now

I think if you're a zoomer you want fast paced pewpew cinematics, if you're an older thinking man, you want a slower paced more dramatic direction.

I'd like to see anyone shit on Yakuza combat now

Attached: 1559400108523.webm (748x420, 2.92M)

youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY

Here, thank me later, now you have no need to ever play Dead Souls.

this is garbage

I didnt remember heroic’s name.

Fuck you, it was fun.

Attached: YAKUZA Dead Souls.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed how 6 turned out. Instead of actually remaking the whole combat into something new and more deep\complex they just regressed back to Y1 level but with new engine. Heat mode is annoying gimmick and for whatever reason devs think that more enemies means better but it doesn't work like that. Fighting horde of enemies is just annoying since you take cheap strikes from every direction and constantly in a hitstun. It reminds me of Kiwami 1 with its poor encounter balance. I wish they went into fewer enemy numbers but with more variety than ever but well, guess we just getting more of the same.

Don't even need to guess it based on prices. Sega outright says their delayed PC ports at reduced prices are huge for them.

Attached: Yakuza - Dojima Family.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>Ishin
>Good story
>It's okay
>Kenzan had a way better story

How would you know when you don't even know Japanese you actual fucking virgin

holy shit an enemy tried to hit you

>being an EOP in the year of our lord 2019
LMAO

They've been fan translated.

There wasnt a reason to ever swap out of beast in this webm.

I'm not an EOP, Moose is
Translations aren't reading

i wish more games did dialogue boxes, saves on budget and allows them to put out games that might not be made otherwise

more games should be assetflips, too. look at yakuza, they've practically sold the same game to us each year for over a decade. keeps the budget low and we get lots more games. win-win.

>always thought "rubber bullets" were just a meme
>play Yakuza 4

Attached: 1561431287441.gif (239x200, 438K)

Gotta admit, the games becoming yearly release here is getting kinda exhausting. Doesn't help that it just sucks to play since the Dragon Engine

But dragon engines is great? I actually was extremely tired from Y3 engine over and over again. Y6 for the first time actually felt like a "new" Yakuza game.

The Dragon Engine is great on the PC it's your own fault you play games in 20 fps on a c*nsole. Stop buying the games so they'll port the definitive editions to PC sooner

I'm playing on PC retard. It just sucks to play SINCE the dragon engine. I'm not necessary blaming th engine here, but the combat just feels terrible and clunky ever since they started using the new engine. It feels less responsive, the lock-on got way worse, all the enemies are interrupting your combos which just makes it less fluid and tedious. I'm ok with bosses doing it but literally everyone starts blocking which is forcing me to always do charged attacks. But I guess I'll give them time to flesh it out. So far I'm avoiding the combat as much as I can and I will probably even start playing on easy.

Can I get some help with Judgement's secret boss. He always manages to steal the item. It's like I do anything and he just super armors through and grabs me.
Or am I just supposed to whittle his health down slowly by just doing dodge attacks for 5 minutes?

spam tiger drop until you win

>it feels great
It sure feels great to get blocked mid combo 24/7 and taking 200 years to get up since Kiryu needs to stop ragdolling first.

It's like in anime where when the MC gets hit really hard they slide backwards while standing and take a moment to recompose themselves

Not very viable, you will die mid animation or while you trying to pull it off.

Imagine not caring about Mahjong.
Kek. Go Ron yourself

>It sure feels great to get blocked mid combo 24/7
Eh, it wasn't that bad actually. Now shorter combos actually have a purpose and landing full 4-hit with finishers feels more satisfying. Also makes it look more like an actual fight when you and enemy blocking attacks all the time.
Combat sure feels clunky though. Heat actions are weirdly inconsistent now, like I can match the condition but there's no prompt but in same situation later I get it to trigger. Older games didn't have such problem.

I'm really sad I can't read japanese, because Ishin easily has my favourite setting. Fuck.

I played a ton of the Vita app and really liked the combat, I'd probably be way too OP if I transfered that save to the main game tho.

>oh no I have to read
Confirmed ADHD brainlet, substories in all the Yakuza games are great and main stories are interesting as well even if you have mixed opinions on how they all end, they do a great job of building tension and a bigger plot but that's only if you pay attention which people can't seem to these days. This is more of a zoomer issue I feel because old rpgs were all text boxes and no one complained because they weren't fucking retarded, instead people actually talked about the plot/lore etc. The sad thing is, this type of behaviior is spilling over to boomers as well, many of my friends 30+ seem to have a hard time paying attention despite having also played a lot of old rpgs back in the day, it's sad.

Meant for

I bough Yakuza 0 for 10$
Yea Forums made me waste 10$ on a fucking trash

nice long cutscene interrupting gameplay

Lost Paradise had great combat with juggling and shit but it's super bloated with grinding like the Talismen and the Buggy items.

Attached: Hokuto-ga-Gotoku.jpg (600x314, 52K)

>when the companion heat actions overwrites the one you actually want to do

How is the manga difficulty? I finished that way before that patch was out.

fluctuating difficulty.
Regular thugs are like flies but the bosses differ greatly in level.
You'll go from level 34 boss to a 99 then back to 70.
If you have a fresh save it's gonna be really difficult but with NG+ it's not gonna be much harder than Ex Hard.