So now that the dust is settled, is this the worst cast of characters ever chosen for a historical game?

So now that the dust is settled, is this the worst cast of characters ever chosen for a historical game?

Attached: They See Your Dick.png (1947x844, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8YRTHmtXUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Civshit
>historical game

Attached: 1535549503282.png (327x316, 165K)

I mean, it does use historical figures

So does fucking Jojo.

So does Deus Ex

>caricatures
seriously, why did they do this?

it's ironic that they're so cartoonish but still look like the average American walking down the street

t. American

Why do this image looks like another iteration of amerimutt meme?

I dunno, they look fine to me. Civ has always been cartoony, except for the weird "Mature" phase they took for V

Surprise surprise, the Khmer are being a bitch like always.

Attached: DWgMw[1].png (597x71, 100K)

Hoes mad

He shouldn't have attacked me first

Attached: DWgOp[1].png (460x288, 113K)

A lot of them WERE important leaders for their age/people, I don't see why it's bad because of a few terrible choices

It should be most, not half. Yeah, Mathias Corvinus and Robert the Bruce were important lesser-known leaders, but Harald, Frederick, Jadwiga, Gorgo, Catherine, and especially Seondeok are shitty choices.

Jadwiga was a rather important and interesting king of Poland but I feel any attempt at adding lesser know people failed when they made Suleiman the Ottoman guy for the 90th time

Why do they all look so fucking ugly? Is this some kind of tumblr thing to draw people as ugly as possible? At least use realistic stuff.

Yeah they should be beautiful like pic related

Attached: 1563790105323.png (698x497, 477K)

Jadwiga was pretty unimportant as anything other than a link unifying Poland and Lithuania. She did very little ruling herself, dying at only 25 years old after spending half her life getting deep-dicked by a 40 year old Lithuanian king, who actually did something important in his wars against, say, the Teutonic Knights, among other things.

Even if they didn't want to use Poland's national hero - Casimir III - they could've used Pilsudski or Jan III Sobieski.

>No Caesar

Because that's how they've always looked, except for the misstep they took with V's aesthetic.

They're cartoonish, not ugly. The models and animations are very good, top notch stuff.

Attached: DWhbF[1].png (261x322, 141K)

>Gandhi in because of memes despite being a political terrorist and destroying india after being exposed as a brainlet in London

Trajan is a great alternative to Caesar, just because you've not heard of the Optimus Princeps doesn't change the fact he's a fantastic choice

Attached: 800px-Traianus_Glyptothek_Munich_336.jpg (800x1098, 145K)

That wasn't even a famous medici. Basically all the women leaders were forced in due to diversity quotas. The product suffered greatly for it.

>The product suffered greatly for it.
How? It didn't affect the gameplay at all.

Bitch Cleo was fine.

I understand the argument against Julius Caesar being that he was never an emperor and was overshadowed as a leader by his successor, but now they've added Catherine de Medici, Eleanor of Aquitane, Gorgo, Pericles, Hojo Tokimune, Cleopatra VII, and Wilhelmina, all of whom are even less worthy than our ol' pal Gaius Julius "I'm going to be the primary subject of everyone's overview of Rome for the next 2,000 years and no one can stop me" Caesar.

But, hey, I don't mind some of the later emperors getting recognized. Would've preferred Marcus Aurelius or Vespasian, or, hell, even Constantine. We could also get one of the Tarquinius' for pre-SPQR Rome, or Cicero, Cato the Elder, or any number of prolific, important orators to represent SPQR, just like Pericles does for Athens.

Attached: latest[1].png (640x400, 23K)

>canada

Attached: 1529365775597.jpg (598x415, 60K)

>redditfrog

Wilhemina also did fucking nothing.

No, she absolutely was not. The only reasons she got in were a)being the 2nd most well known "pharaoh" after that one 14 year old who is only known because he was so unimportant no one robbed his grave, and b) having a vagina.

Hatshepsut would've been a much better female ruler, Ramesses II or Narmer would've been the preferable choices, or we could've gotten the infinitely interesting Akhenaten, father of the 14 year old chump.

Attached: Civ VI Cleopatra.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

Shut the fuck up.

Attached: civ-3.jpg (435x323, 51K)

>Japan, largely secular nation
>Bonus to relgion

Every time

Attached: 1504716934011.png (330x365, 246K)

God tier:
>Gilgamesh (Sumer)
>Trajan (Rome)
>Mansa Musa (Mali)
>Theodore Roosevelt (America)
Smug fuck tier:
>Alexander (Macedon)
Solid tier:
>Philip II (Spain)
>Eleanor (England/France)
>Robert (Scotland)
>Harald Hardrada (Norway)
>Peter (Russia)
>Matthias (Hungary)
>Pericles (Greece)
>Suleiman (Ottomans)
>Tamar (Georgia)
>Dido (Carthago)
>Saladin (Arabs)
>Cyrus (Persia)
>CHADragupta (India)
>Jayavarman VII (Khmer)
>Gitarja (Indonesia)
>Qin Shi Huang (China)
>Ghenghis (Mongols)
>Hojo Tokimune (Japan)
>Cleopatra (Egypt)
>Afonso I (Kongo)
>Shaka (Zulu)
>Poundmaker (Cree)
>Moctezuma I (Aztec)
>Pedro II (Brazil)
>Pachacuti (Inca)
>Lautaro (Mapuche)
>John Curtin (Australia)
>Kupe (Maori)
Suboptimal tier:
>Victoria (England)
>Wilhelmina (Netherlands)
>Barbarossa (Germany)
>Gorgo (Greece)
>Seondeok (Korea)
>Wilfrid Laurier (Canada)
Absolute Shit tier:
>Catherine de Medici (France)
>Amanitore (Nubia)
Meme tier:
>Gandhi (India)

Attached: how.jpg (1200x628, 132K)

>Making Cleopatra brown
>Adding Cleopatra in at all

Attached: 1558058932999.jpg (512x511, 52K)

Pedro II hits the spot, but he should have been portrayed on his best phase

Attached: file.png (377x540, 449K)

The leader in question was known for bamboozling Japan into adopting Buddhism due to Mongol invasions and the divine winds.

They already did in Civ V

youtube.com/watch?v=f8YRTHmtXUY

Attached: 1563721628724.png (639x446, 166K)

>was in Civ 2
>was in Civ 3
>was in Civ 4
>hurr adding cleopatra at all cause vagina

Attached: 1558119614924.jpg (600x600, 58K)

I'm not upset about Trajan at all mind you, I just don't understand why Greece and India get two leaders but they can't slip in Caesar as an extra Rome leader or fuck even giving Japan >Nobunaga as an extra option of Greece gets and extra slot to cram in fucking Gorgo

>Solid tier

>Dido
>Cleopatra
>Eleanor
doubt

I can't look at Matthias and not see the thinking emoji face because of you fucks.

>made shit choices in the past so better repeat them

Alfred the Great should have been leading England. He could give out defensive/science bonuses instead of the lame naval/culture perks Victoria had.

Attached: King Alfred the Great.jpg (640x789, 55K)

Your mother giving birth was a shit choice.

>Was in Civ II
Because she had a vagina and filled the quota. Every civ had a male + female leader, even the Zulu, who had Shaka in drag, and Japan, who had Amaterasu from the hit Japanese art game Okami.
>Civ IV
So was Ramesses II, the infinitely better leader.

And if you didn't know, the team was trying to pick NEW leaders instead of reusing old ones. It's why Napoleon is gone.

I dont care about zachary taylor leading the US into a war with the french led by marquis de lafayette. I want to see all the big names murdering each other. Not some low tier historical figure.

Cleo was unique among Ptolemies to give a shit about ancient Egyptian culture and religion, actively promoting it and styling herself as Isis in the flesh. She managed to manipulate some of the world's greatest leaders and, while in the end she was not able to save Egypt, she is a noble last gasp. Are there more worthy pharaohs form the past? Of course, there's fucking scores of them. But Cleopatra will always remain fresh in the public's mind. She is by no means a bad pick, just a tired one.

Leave it to fucking weebs to not know about Japanese history.

Firaxis fucked up when they announced multiple leaders per civ would be a thing and then only added three of them. Anyone who says "it's for modders" is a bullshitter, because modders were making tons of alt leaders for Civ V without assistance. Firaxis could make so much money off of just dumping alt-leader packs to add in people's favorites but refuse to do so for no apparent reason.

>Cleopatra
Explained above.
>Dido
Who else are you going to have lead Carthage? Hannibal isn't a valid answer.
>Eleanor
She's not on my list of best picks for either country, but she was an influential and interesting historical figure for sure. I'm slightly biased because she's the only reason one of my ancestors lived to procreate.

I want Aethelred the Unready, with the ability to YEET enemy units x tiles away, where x is 1 tile for every 100 gold spent. Just like he paid the Danes to fuck off.

Alfred is cool too, I guess.

Why did they get rid of characters getting different clothes through the ages
shit was great

I would have liked that too, but with how detailed and animated the character models are it would have been a pain in the cock
Imagine Gilgamesh in a suit and tie or Roosevelt wearing a full suit of chainmail armour

>Cleo was unique among Ptolemies to give a shit about ancient Egyptian culture and religion
Untrue. The Ptolemies were famous for not Hellenizing their territory. The rest of the Diadochi mocked them for bowing to the Egyptian culture, taking on the mantle of Pharaoh, and erecting monuments in an Egyptian style, unlike the Seleucids, or Bactrians, and so on.
>She managed to manipulate some of the world's greatest leaders
She was used as a puppet by Julius Caesar, and Marc Antony shouldn't be considered among the world's greatest leaders. You could say the same for Herod (the Great), who sucked Antony's dick until Antony's dick was no more, and then he just fessed up to it when confronted by the new Caesar.
>While in the end she was not able to save Egypt, she is a noble last gasp
Egypt still existed after her, as a province of Rome. The Egyptian state had been occupied for 500 years before her, and would continue to be occupied for another 2,000 after her. She was no native Pharaoh, she was just an usurper who killed her brother with the help of Caesar.

>But Cleopatra will always remain fresh in the public's mind
And not for good reasons. She was an interesting historical figure, but definitely not a good leader. Much the same as I'd rather not see Herbert Hoover lead America, or Empress Dowager Cixi lead China, I'm not thrilled about Cleopatra leading Egypt.

>Dido
>Who else are you going to have lead Carthage?
Hamilcar, Hannibal Barc-
>Hannibal isn't a valid answer
Why not?

Attached: 1505324603702.png (320x320, 100K)

i ilked the aesthetic of 5

>France has an Italian leader
>No Italy civ
And also America has fuck all civs in it. Where is muh Shoshone?

Too much work. Civ V had a neat thing going with leaders interacting with the environment in their leader scenes, and I'd have much preferred that. But that's gone too, now, in favor of high definition models and insane animation.

Jadwiga is good, actually.
VI's aesthetic is a misstep in the opposite direction, then.

Mod name, please

So who would you replace with someone else and who would it be?

>Jadwiga is good actually
I will fight you

Attached: 1560711955219.jpg (1300x1600, 1.1M)

the first ptolemy pharaoh would benice, they could do a hellenized version of egypt

By good I mainly mean cute. I will accept terrible leader choices for a fuckton of cute Jadwiga pics.

Firaxis might as well have said "We're splitting Greece into three civs kay", since that was its only functional use.

>The first Ptolemy Pharaoh would Benice
Hell, you could say it'd be... Berenice

Attached: 1461312655693.jpg (768x783, 92K)

Should've gone with the anime aesthetic tbqh.

Attached: IMG_20190723_141143.jpg (500x636, 113K)

Jadwiga waifu-fags are weird. She's cute and all, but she's kinda known for being the cum-dump of a Lithuanian bydlo twice her age.

Should've had Jagiello and Jadwiga co-rule. Would've been cool to see. Isabella + Ferdinand would've also been preferable for Spain. And you could have Justinian + Theodora co-rule for Byzantium
Speaking of, WHERE THE FUCK IS BYZANTIUM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1542987729787.png (1280x1845, 594K)

And also getting an Indian leader that wasn't Gandhi.

Would've loved to see America and Rome get some different leaders. They really need it, since they're known for their plethora of weird and historically significant leaders.

I'm Jagiello, actually

Hoes mad

Attached: DWhMH[1].png (1700x522, 1.8M)

fuck you

So does Rock of Ages

Like this?

Attached: ptolemaic-dynast[1].jpg (589x484, 44K)

What is your opinion on the German Question?

Attached: 1550807564900.jpg (1024x680, 94K)

Attached: napolean_bankai_2.png (1768x262, 61K)

Civ V was more or less a complete game when they stopped giving it expansions, but Civ VI still feels half-baked. Tech tree and unit lineups are as barebones as II. The Americas feel like a ghost town still.

>So does fucking Jojo.

Attached: 1556376895873.jpg (572x720, 31K)

what is this

It feels like R&F was a wasted expansion. Nothing in it was really worth it, and GS adds all of the actually good mechanics without forcing you to buy R&F.

Also, there's a 3rd expansion, supposedly, in the works already.

Fan art.

Attached: 1550114016408.png (3534x3821, 3.26M)

What is even left to add as a mechanic to the new expansion?
Corruption?

I personally prefer the cute rulers over the charicature rulers. But maybe that's just me.

Attached: Dido.jpg (832x518, 84K)

Laws
Health (and plagues)
Terraforming
New tech era (Bronze age between Ancient/Classical)

Religion tech tree

Slavery