So this game is my first Final Fantasy game, and I can say, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. The music, the graphics...

So this game is my first Final Fantasy game, and I can say, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. The music, the graphics, the story, it's all p good. Comfy, even. Makes me think of my friends.

The battle system feels too 'automatic', though, like one button hold can do everything for you. Is every FF like this?

Attached: 81vGZTp0dNL._SX425_.jpg (425x538, 42K)

>Is every FF like this?
Yes.

Attached: Final Fantasy V Hold X to Win.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

>one button hold can do everything
>laughs in coeurl
I mean it's pretty easy combat but by no means will holding O save you in every situation

>So this game is my first Final Fantasy game, and I can say, I've enjoyed it quite a bit.
Good for you m8, I've played most of the main entries and I unironically recommend FFXV to newcomers.

>is every FF like this?
No, if you want a more classic experience play VI or IX.
Want something more experimental?
VIII or XII
Avoid XIII like the plague, If you want the linear FF experience go with X.

listen to him OP is is a learned man.

gtfo you uncultured swine.

If this is your first game in the series I can see it being good. Without any preconceived notions on what FF is this game wouldn't be a 4/10, probably a 7.

I feel like turning on wait mode and avoiding all the elemancy makes the game more fun. Still very easy but its animated well and feels satisfying

Will get right on that, gotta go do XII and IX soon. I hear a lot of stuff about V, though. Is that good?

Just to ask, user, what makes a Final Fantasy a Final Fantasy, anyway?

Try the Tactics games
>FFT
gameplay's rough around the edges but everyone loves the story
>FFTA
gameplay's more polished but everyone hates the story; some people hate the law system
>FFTA2
gameplay's more polished and there's not a whole lot of story; also the easiest one but you can break them all

Yeah, V's pretty good.

FFIX is only liked here. Play VI, VII, X instead. Or IV or V. IX is good but half of the point is to pay tribute to other titles and the genre itself so seems stupid to play it at the beginning when the battle system is mind numbingly slow and tedious.

I thought XV was far better than most here did, but Yea Forums hates everything. Ardynn could have been the best FF villain if his story was told properly. Though I haven't played the dlc, but even if it's great, that still just proves my point since you need so much extra material to even get the intended story, let alone cohesively. But he definitely had the best story of any villain, I'd say.

V is good too. Just go with whichever picks your interest but I would recommend you to leave II and III alone until you're more comfortable with the series.
FF1 is basic and barebones a as fuck but a first playthrough should only take you like 15 hours if wanna try it.

Guess I'll probably play IX after IV, VI, VII and VIII then, based on what you folks (, , ) had said.

So now, here's my following order--
XV -> XII -> Tactics -> IV -> VI -> V -> VII/VIII -VIII/VII -> IX

Why are you ignoring X? Just to be contrarian?

Nah. Apparently, X plays quite differently from that strand of game that I suggested above.

said that X and XIII are linear, so I'll probably play X and XII at the same time or something.

>FFTA
>everyone hates the story;
More like "People cannot stop arguing about the story over 16 years after release".

Marche was right by the way. But he started his method a bit too early considering the information available in the English translation apprently jumping to conclusion that just happened to be right down the line, however Remedi/The Grimoire WAS eating the souls of the people in Ivalice or someshit like that and therefore Ivalice did have to be "destroyed".

Attached: 1521397960608.png (1633x1687, 353K)

Yeah, but imo the way the story's presented didn't make for the most enjoyable game. Thank god the gameplay's so good to make up for it.

So yeah, thanks for all your feedback, guys. But now, I'm throwing my question toto all of you--just what is it that makes a Final Fantasy a Final Fantasy, even when its gameplay changes with each installment?

>crystal chronicles port with online and no gba link cable shit
get hype

stop it!

Of course the kind of people that like XV are the kind of people that throw out low IQ reasons like "muh comfy". Good news OP. If you liked this one, then you'll like the rest since almost every other final fantasy is better in every department besides graphics.

>Hold down X
>Half of party dies to the easy random encounter enemies
Moron. Also the depth of V lies in the job system. Where's that shit in XV?

>that still just proves my point since you need so much extra material to even get the intended story
But it's ok when NIER does it

Honestly i feel the story was a bit ahead of its time considering how popular Isekai gotten, and a lot of the issues people have can be boiled down to not being able to fill the shoes of Tactics. I consider it a novelty.

Name basically, and while gameplay generally changes there are some themes that carry over between games that developed across the years (Chocobos, Moogles, "Prelude", Etc), as well as things the Devs obviously learned when making some and saw worked well for one, IV-IX all use ATB as the basic backbone for the battle system for example, but that too gets some minor adjustsments.

The "Series" is basically just a series because FFI sold well, and Square banked on brand recognition to help boost the sales of their next RPG (FFII) which worked, Same reason why the first SaGa games were "Final Fantasies" to english audiences as well, the identity as series is something that just kinda happened when things from II and III were recycled/referenced as well as the "Jobs" from FF1 being so as well.

If you were to play in chronological order you would probably find FFIII to be where the "FF-Series Identity" truly takes shapes since it recycles things from both FFI and II and adds numerous series staples, like the Moogles and Summons.ยจ

TL;DR: Nothing at all.

Attached: WoFF_Shiva_Ramuh_Ifrit.jpg (640x360, 38K)