Where the fuck is the sequel bros?

Where the fuck is the sequel bros?

Attached: image.jpg (240x240, 28K)

SEGA realized it was the only good Sonic game in years and the Sonic Team started sperging the fuck out and demanding the Mania team to be disbanded.
The Sonic Team would rather see the IP crash and burn to the ground than to ever admit they don't know what the fuck they're doing with it anymore and haven't in years.

They're never going to learn because disgusting subhuman """sonic""" """fans""" such as the puke inducing vermin insects you find in places such as /sthg/ keep buying their shitty ass games and eating up their feces like they're chocolate pudding.
If you ever want this situation to change, find out where the regulars at /sthg/ live and murder them in their sleep.
All of them.
It's the only way.

>/sthg/
I've never been in there, it sounds frightening.

Wasn't Generations at least passable?

Attached: 1560552482983.gif (300x300, 2.92M)

>Sonic Team started sperging the fuck out and demanding the Mania team to be disbanded
Most of the Mania team work together under a single studio now. Also Sonic Team is made of up of a different group of people depending in the game. "Sonic Team" is really just a brand.

Mrania Tream wrent TROOO FRAAAAAARRRR

Attached: sonic mania TROOOO FARRRRR.png (400x300, 133K)

Generations was fun, even the Unleashed day stages were great.

Well let's hope they're taking the time to make all new levels, and redrawing all the sprites from scratch.(Especially Sonic's.)
Assuming that, then it would take a while.

Guess I’m the only retard that isn’t into 2D and preffer boss formula.
Good 3D sonic when?

It'll come, but not from the same team. SEGA will license the Retro Engine from Taxman, but will have an in-house team in America make it while Evening Star makes an original IP.

Ok nigga, let's narrow down the scope and talk about the real enemy here.
Let's get down and dirty to the man that is really fucking everything up.

>Chinkteeth McFuckface.
>Takashi "No no, don't make new levels of Mania, let's cram in half the game with old levels, fuck your creativity" Iizuka.
>Takashi "Ask me about 2D sonic one more time and i'm going to dress you up as tails and sexually molest you on stage" Iizuka.
>Takashi "I don't know what the fuck a Sonic is anymore but i'll be damned if i'm not gonna drag it into my fucking grave on my way to the deepest depths of hell itself" Iizuka.

Attached: 75472.jpg (1920x2560, 1.09M)

This face is the last thing you see before you die and are subsequently stuck in sonic 1 marble zone for the rest of eternity.

Attached: 4574500.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Wheres the sequel bros?
No, im fucking serious, I want another adventure game. Im bored with modern boost sonic
And while were at it, what about a tails adventure 2? Im always down for a good metroidvania.

Attached: sonic adventure 3.jpg (1392x1773, 248K)

Probably never seeing as there has yet to be a good 3d sonic

everytime i see these I wonder if these are schizos that actualy believe their concocted delusions or if they just deliberately lie because why not

Real answer?
30th anniversary
So 2021 at the earliest

Attached: 83039544-87E8-48A3-B64F-C63113B81AE3.png (245x280, 269K)

If it doesn't happen by 2021 it will never ever happen.

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN
WHEN WILL YOU LEARN
THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

3D fans must be shipped to concentration camps for the good of humanity.

Kishimoto is worse

but I like both 2d and 3d. I just like the good sonic games. Im okay with getting either.

This.
I would love an Adventure game where you're only Sonic.

Please bring Chao back too

>I just like the good sonic games
>3d

Attached: 1535412371179.gif (550x484, 188K)

>Please bring Chao back too
Never got why they were never brought back after Adventure 2.

This is probably the most likely reason there hasn't been a sequel yet. Sonic Team is so fucking embarrassed that the best game with the Sonic brand in 15 years was made by fans instead of their pathetic and miserable developers that they refuse to let them make another one.
I can't think of any other reason why a sequel hasn't been announced or alluded to, I don't think it's happening. Sonic Team will do ANYTHING to ensure that they won't let go of the IP.

This useless arguing is making me sick.
>2D Sonic: Good
>3D Sonic: Good
>Boost Sonic: Good but just a little inefficient.
Every single verison of Sonic has had it's fair share of fuck ups.
>2D Sonic: Sonic 4
>3D Sonic: Sonic 06
>Boost Sonic: Sonic Forces. It's honestly not that bad, just kinda lacking.
But each have their all time best.
>2D Sonic: Sonic Mania/3&K (Slight edge to Mania for overall quality but 3&K gets a mention for originality.)
>3D Sonic: Sonic Adventure 1&2 (Can't decide on either so they're both here)
Boost Sonic: Sonic Colors (haven't played Generations, there plans to change that some day)
You may not like it, but this is what peak opinion looks like.

Attached: Fancy_Eggman.jpg (102x125, 2K)

The fact that you even remotely include Sonic 4 into "2D sonic" and you have the gigantic balls to tell me with a straight face that "Sonic Forces isn't that bad" tells me everything i need to know about how much of a scumbag you really are.
Get the fuck back to /sthg/ and stay there, subhuman piece of shit.

Press left

>Sonic forces isn't that bad.
WHAT?! It's the worst game since 06 released! Shadow the Hedgehog is preferable to that garbage!

I should have clarified that I don't find Sonic 4 that bad either. It's just Ultra souless compared to the classics/mania. As for forces, Kinda the same thing but a little better. Trust me, It's impossible to find a 2D Sonic game as bad as 06. Maybe GBA Sonic 1 but that feels like cheating. And yes I feel they should give boost a break. But they shouldn't just give it the adventure treatment and pretend it didn't exist as it has had several fantastic games.
Sonic 06 is on a whole different ball park of bad. Sonic Forces isn't the greatest Sonic game ever made and I do consider it the worst boost game. But calling it 06 2.0 is going a bit far. Rise of lyric was more of an 06 2.0 than forces. But yes I don't find forces to be that bad. But I never said I liked it.

Also some things I say may seem contradictory but that's what happens when you try to rush a reply before 10 more show up. Here's my ranking of Forces, 06, and 4.
>Forces: 6/10
>4:5/10
>06: May God have mercy on the Sonic franchise but it's fun to laugh at it/10

>Sonic is only allowed to have mainline games released every 5th anniversary now
>since they're anniversary games, they are also forced to have nostalgia pandering in them
This is the state of the franchise right now.

Attached: 1531844132080.gif (260x320, 428K)

Now that Sonic Team is dead, I really do have high hopes for the series...at some point, it WILL bounce back. I can see it now. Sonic will probably branch into three main categories
>2D Sonic
>Boost formula Sonic
>Adventure formula Sonic
The new Sonic game that they're working on is probably a remake of Adventure 1 or 2. We'll just have to see how that sells.

Does this apply to GameFreak with the current state of Pokemon?

If so, kill all of Japan. nuke em all. Westerners just know how to make better Sonic content, just cope and deal with it Nips. Honestly, as long as Sonic Studio comes out that will be my Sonic Mania 2. We can just make our own game with that since ham fisted modding for Mania thanks to Denuvo fucked it all up for everyone. Fuck SEGA.

Also hope Utopia finally happens so I can drop Sonic Team's 3D tripe for good

Attached: hardcore parkour.webm (800x378, 1.12M)

I will unironically defend Ow the Edge until my grave. It really wasn't that bad. Fuck, I probably liked it more than heroes.

Attached: WOW.jpg (576x894, 83K)

I will never understand Sega. I was already to pour money all over DLC for Generations, and then nothing. Didn't buy another game until Mania. And now Mania is dead too. What the fuck are they doing?

That would take effort.

>let's narrow down the scope and talk about the real enemy here
Iizuka is the reason Mania got greenlit in the first place.

Japanese people do not just rehash old elements unless it's 20 years later for nostalgia pandering, but ONLY if they can half ass it. They will not make something explicitly Adventure so they "mimic" it with thinks like Forces' plot or Chao in TSR. It's the best you're going to get.

iizuka is probably one of the few people still in sega who really want sonic to succeed. his problem is more that he doesn't know what the fuck people actually want instead of what focus groups, marketers and japs want.

Lost World is worse than Forces desu

>Every single verison of Sonic has had it's fair share of fuck ups.
Name me one "Sonic 06" of the classic games, that isn't the fucking half assed port of Sonic 1 for GBA, which was rectified 3 times, two times by the same guys that made Mania, and ultimately when Mania was made.
I'll wait.

Adventure had it the worse, that's why it ain't coming back. Forces is still lightyears from being 100% broken trash with the most autistic story ever to claim Boost got its due, but it came rather close to it imo.

And in my shock I didn't even see you claim Sonic fucking 4. If Sonic 4 is a classic game, Sonic Advance 1,2 and 3 are the real Sonic 4,5 and 6 respectively. Sonic 4 is a FUCKING MODERN SONIC GAME. No one claims "Classic Sonic is dead" when you see the movie Sonic, because it's MODERN styled, not classic Sonic styled.

Attached: 1548728358791.jpg (320x311, 17K)

sonic blast makes sonic 06 look like a goty 10/10

Forces is painfully mediocre and forgettable. It’s basically a non-game that they probably made in less than a year. That just about sums up Sonic Team for me: they literally do not give a shit, and that’s why Forces was so insulting despite it not being the worst thing ever. It was just SEGA telling their fans yet again that they won’t even fucking attempt to make this legendary IP into something consistently adequate after Sonic Mania finally impressed people

I actually agree with you. (I am the guy you're responding to) I was just trying to list bad Sonic games and trust me it's really hard to fuck up 2D Sonic as bad as 06 unless it's GBA Sonic 1. Which I specifically did not inlclude because I felt it was cheating. The closest I could get was Sonic 4. Not the worst thing out there but compared to what we have now it's hard to believe anyone considered it something to get excited for.

To all boostfags, if 3D Sonic was turned into a momentum based platformer again, and turned the boost into the speed shoes/Super Sonic instead 24/7 gameplay, would you enjoy that? Because it's the only real way to justify boost over proper 3D gameplay.
Otherwise, just make HD Rush games, that's all that shit really is; gloried HD DS games.

Attached: 1563411854787.jpg (1240x1171, 219K)

Funny, how the rumors for the next game is always Adventure, despite Iizuka saying a year ago that "no adventure gaems", the same way he said "no more crassiku sonikku" after Generations. Fucking patterns

Also, dont forget that Forces was supposed to be a 25th anniversary game and came a year later.

Personally I don't care what form it takes. I just want 3D sonic to be good again. I liked both colors and adventure so I'm not picky. Just make it fun. I don't give a shit about what SomeCallMeGay thinks, just make it feel good to control Sonic and have level design that fits with the control.

>Forces is painfully mediocre and forgettable
I keep forgetting adults now hate boring over geniuene bad. As a kid I ignored bad games like ShTH like the plague while boring games like say, Heroes I guess, just was something I did and put down and forgot about it later. I hate when the only part of a game I care to remember is all the CANCER I had to deal with it. I don't know if it's autism or the fact adults have to pay for the trash they buy now instead of their parents buying the games for you, but boring games for me will ALWAYS be nothing to genuine shit games. If you don't fucking want to pay for something you're sure isn't going to be "not boring", fucking pirate the fucking game you faggots. If it's good, go buy it afterwards.

Attached: 1500529383359.png (203x192, 61K)

Boost Sonic is the equivalent of waving keys in front of a house cat. They have absolutely no substance to them, they’re flashy games take take no real thought to play. What’s always been amazing to me how they never even bothered to refine the Adventure games even after they were successful and generally considered classics of their console. They had 3D Sonic working on paper, they had so much room for improvement, and now you can’t even mention those games without people austicially screeching that they were terrible, because apparently another fucking boost game works better even though they have been ungodly inconsistent in quality.

FUCK I hate sonic so much

>06 was a massive game because of new hardware
>unleashed went even further and was one of the biggest games on 360/ps3

>post 2010 budget cuts
>forces was limp af and was the premiere xbone/ps4 sonic game for this gen

>next console sonic game for next gen, will be even smaller and more lacking than forces

Attached: 1494150331604.jpg (749x609, 49K)

why is everyone bullying 3d sonic
i just got all A rank in the shadow stages in SA2 and its really fun

Attached: tcb.jpg (655x464, 33K)

>make Sonic control good
>likes Colors

Those 2 dont work. Sonic in boost engine feels like a fucking tank running while boosting pinballs in racing tracks
Now Adventure? it had control of 3d enviroment and tried to have physics in 3d like 2d. Which is why people are now begging for a new Adventure, they want to control Sonic again
And do shit like this . Boost was speed shoes + invincibility in older games for short periods of time, but ST decided to remove them a decade again. Then they removed more Sonic abilities for fucking wisps gimmicks.
I cant get how some think it was fine for Sonic to lose things that made him unique and fun, like rolling and spindashing that led to momentum and physics that sometimes felt like pinball.

>Geez, I too, like to remember the last time I enjoyed Sonic like that was said game that is nearly 20 years old now

It's sad to think this, and it's really all the fault of Nintendo. Sure, SEGA could just not just put Sonic on Nintendo's tech, but then Sonic from SMash is gone, most of Sonic's sales tank even more than it already has since 06, and with the Mario and Sonic series, it's likely keeping them from doing that to begin with anyways. Fuck teaming up with Nintendo over SEGA killed Sonic forever.

Attached: 1544583935989.jpg (1029x1045, 914K)

t. zoomer who doesn't understand how the sonic cycle works

Sonic rush and rush adventure have a bomb ass soundtrack. I didn't get colors though since you can't play as blaze on the ds one.

I never said it had to control exactly like colors. I just said I liked colors. I never said ever game had to be like colors. There are Issues I have with colors, there are issues I have with adventures 1 and 2. But I still like them ALL for what they are, flaws and all.