Is it just me or is Stardew Valley a goddamn masterpiece?

Is it just me or is Stardew Valley a goddamn masterpiece?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

>chores and waifus (western): the game
>becomes one of the highest selling indie games in history
I'm still surprised

just you

Haley is best girl

Attached: QxS1Lqh.jpg (1744x2736, 309K)

babies first harvest moon/rune factory

>spend all that time fixing up the community center
>everyone hangs out in it for less than an afternoon and then completely stops caring about it existing again

Attached: 1523461096377.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

JUST LIKE REAL LIFE

I tried to get into it but it got boring.

>the townies are all soulless robots with one-dimensional personalities
>events repeat after one year
>animals are entirely useless
everything else is great

Attached: 1554094675570.gif (500x473, 3.77M)

Yeah Harvest Moon is such a hardcore series, can't be letting casuals in

I honestly enjoy Gleaner Heights more than Stardew. Stardew has really solid mechanics but the characters and plot are just so boring

Gottem. Harvestmoonfag crying bitch tears now

It's more that zoomers don't know harvest moon exists and think stardew is something new. That said, it's breddy gud.

It's Harvest Moon but without all the long tutorials and grinding prevalent in Japanese games. Of course it would be a hit. When Stardew Valley came out a bunch of people on Yea Forums were telling me that Rune Factory was better so I put over 200 hours into Rune Factory 1-4 and came to the conclusion that as usual, Yea Forums has shit taste.

The game kind of falls apart in the second year. Planting 300 of the same crop is the most efficient way to make money. Once you get full iridium tools mining is useless. Fishing and foraging is worthless. The player has already seen every dialogue piece in the game 30 times, but needs to talk to NPCs often. Tending the animals every single day gets annoying. There is no point in having any animals other than pigs. Requests are too much of a hassle to be worth it. Sprinklers and food make the energy system and stardrops pointless.
Honestly, I can see many of these issues being fixed by adding a supply and demand system

Not so sure about that. Been playing Stardew a bit to get my RF4 fix as we wait for the port to cone out. Honestly feel nowhere near as grasped by Stardew as I was with RF.

Literally nobody thinks that stardew isn't a ripoff of HM

Do you watch anime?

>
>Literally nobody thinks that stardew isn't a ripoff of HM

More than that, almost everyone buys it because it's designed to be like HM.

Nope

>play most Harvest Moon games
>hey user you should try stardew valley
>play it, get bored within half an hour, uninstall
It's a knockoff, what's so special about it? Is it multiplatform?

Am I the only person that thinks this game is ugly as shit? I've tried getting into this game on both PC and Switch and every time I'm completely turned off by how crude it is.

It took me about 20 hours of the menotenous farm tasks, talking to NPC's who recycle the same 5-7 lines based on the season, and a vapid dungeon combat system to realize the game wasn't very fun. Is it a bad game? Far from it. But a masterpiece? Definitely not

It's just you, the game is trash.
Literally just because it's a PC game, that's it.
Literally the only good thing about this game.