When did you realize that video games is the only medium actually telling good stories nowadays?

When did you realize that video games is the only medium actually telling good stories nowadays?

Attached: movies vs games.jpg (1750x1210, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ddiOJLuu2mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you enjoy sucking your own dick?

>the Witcher
>a fucking Rockstar game
pass

Don't delude yourself into thinking any form of entertainment has ever approached the time-per-ounce-of-quality-storytelling as a book.

Any media you expose yourself to besides books is a guilty pleasure. That's fine, but acknowledge it.

Attached: D-u_4kPU4AAhMSt.jpg (1190x1050, 104K)

Those aren't good game stories though. If you want good story in a video game, play Tetris or Missile Command.
>told entirely through gameplay
>compelling and simple
>takes advantage of the medium

Lmfao, keep dreaming.

Why would anyone feel guilty about pleasure? What is this, the fucking middle ages? Clearly you need to read a few more books, your worldview is retarded.

>video games is the only medium actually telling good stories nowadays

Attached: 1555478584864.jpg (1600x1207, 156K)

Like red deads story isn't the best part of the whole game
C'mon on now

Pray tell, what is the story in tetris?

Yikes
Have sex

>When did you realize that japanese video games is the only medium actually telling good stories nowadays?

Fixed it for you.

You literally have a double digit IQ if you think game stories are good. The fact this picture takes what are considered good game stories and compares them against fucking capeshit is proof enough of that, let alone comparing something like the idiocy or the Witcher games plot in comparison to the books

You don't read. I can say this with absolute certainty.

I think killing feminists and niggers is the best part.

Books still exists. Western (read: Jewish) movies/tv-shows are pretty shit though.

>books
You mean that dying medium only middle-aged women can be successful in when they shit out a crappy YA novel series and get showered with praise at the Hugo Awards because they fall in line with the judges’ politics?

Yeah, hard pass.

Non fiction is a thing

Video games are, on average, still a lot worse than movies. Actually, it's a pretty good time for movies. 2018 was great. If you grew up and watched something other than action movies you might have been aware of that.

communism

The fact that you judge an artform by how easy it is to become financially successful doing it immediately invalidates your opinion, but yeah pass away turbobrainlet

End yourself polcel

What? Elaborate.

>WHY THERE IS WOMEN AND NIGGERS IN MY MOVIES, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Remember when the right didn’t acted like the SJW? I don’t

That all your good work will be forgotten, but your mistakes will remain.

>go on Yea Forums
>it's actually just /hispol/
I just want to discuss Murakami or some shit

DILATE DILATE DILATEEEE NIGGGERR NIGGER NIGGER
BOOMER ZOOMER BOOM BOOM ZOOM ZOOM

>quality of storytelling
And books provide nothing in the way of interactivity/gameplay. The two mediums satisfy different parts of the psyche with some overlap possible, I like reading deep lore in vidya item descrips :^)

Blocks are falling and you need to get rid of them despite the inevitable futility of the task. The gameplay systems create simple emergent storytelling around that base idea ie cascading mistakes or close comebacks after losing your cool. It's the perfect game story.
One-hundred magnitudes better than some brain dead faggot writing a shitty tv script and then making it into a QTE fest 'game'.
If you want a more involved example, Missile Command, Dwarf Fortress, or Link's Awakening.

quit trying to fit in

Books are only better because you only need one person writing it so they're way more personal, while other mediums require more people and they expect more things than just the expression of the author, games and movies are expected to sell so they will have to compromise on the vision of the creator. But there are still games made by few people that don't expect to sell, they're just very rare because of how difficult it is to make games. And for each bad game you have 100000 bad books

Attached: 87425224-AD67-4A56-9ACE-3BDD6634DE16.png (715x614, 422K)

>Video games are, on average, still a lot worse than movies. Actually, it's a pretty good time for movies. 2018 was great
are you retarded? literally the only movie worth watching last year was blade runner
fuck off, hollywood is dead

What about books?

Tetris was literally made to be Russian propaganda

Thor 4 hurt.

I found Taika was coming back to direct and was so happy, found out later that day Portman was the starring role. If its based on the new Thor in the comics that is horrid source material that is hamfisted and Portman is probably a sweet person but she doesn't exactly have Chris charisma (to be fair few do). I want more buddy comedy Thor so much.

I still can't figure out if people posting Nier: Automata as good story telling are being serious or facetious. I will grant that Nier: Automata has the music and atmosphere nailed down airtight. But the story still falls short of good.

/pol/ are the new furries prove me wrong

He said movies, not hollywood.

It takes 50 or so years for a good book to be recognized. In 2070 nobody will give a fuck about Harry Potter, John Green, or The Hunger Games, but several novels you have not yet heard of will be thought of as the best of the early 21st century

I fucking hate FAGGOTS and NIGGERS
Like fucking cockroaches, everywhere you look there they are. I wouldn't mind their exsistence if they would just STOP FUCKING BEING LOUD ABOUT EVERYTHING AND EVERYWHERE

I'm interested to see how she will look

Attached: 1541558163332.png (580x417, 361K)

It's super fucking repetitive until Chapter 6, has a bad habit of telling us character motivations instead of showing them, Micah's so one-dimensional that he could have been cut out of the game and let Arthur pick up those character traits so that instead of making Arthur go "well at least I ain't Micah" let the player decide and give the damned morality bar some actual purpose.

God the story sucks so much goddamn shit.

>the only movie worth watching last year was blade runner
Lmfao based brainlet

Anything you gain from interactivity you lose from repetitiveness, lack of depth, etc.

Whenever a video game branches based on your choices, it grows either weaker or shorter.

“There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says, “Come in 007”, and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman,” the source said. “It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007.”

I thought the left was satire

Silly gamers, you can't match the PROGRESS movies make. You white males can cling to your gamer systems while your kind withers away.

Attached: epic amazeballs.png (693x348, 32K)

That was two years ago.

Last year had The Other Side of the Wind, The House that Jack Built, Climax, Mandy, Annihilation, First Reformed, You Were Never Really Here, Sorry To Bother You, Under The Silver Lake, The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, Blackkklansman, The Ballade of Buster Scruggs, Suspiria, Hereditary...

It was the best year for movies in a long time.

Attached: donquixotemedium.png (1896x798, 2.65M)

>hurr what does guilty pleasure mean

I think the one who doesn't understand idioms should read more books.

tokenism for its own sake will stop being a thing when it stops shocking people
i.e when you stop crying
i.e no time soon

games should be made with gameplay first and the story should be a means to drive the gameplay, not the other way around (or be an afterthought/lore pieces)
unless it's a VN then all it has is story

Conversely, the act of playing a story out vs. simply reading it makes the Choose Your Own Adventure style of video games much more satisfying than when books try that (even serious CYOAs are butt)

I like the challenges in well designed video games.

>2070 nobody will give a fuck about Harry Potter,
hah

>It was the best year for movies in a long time.
Yeah since about 2017

>more buddy comedy Thor so much
Still holding my hopes for Asgardians of the Galaxy.
I swear to fuck if they bring back Mjolnir... Infinity War really was the peak. It's all downhill from here.

ur wrong

>grows shorter
Not like that's a bad thing desu. 80 hour games fucking suck.

never heard of any of those

Attached: 1547467038347.jpg (1600x900, 278K)

He's listing the cinema equivalent of indie pixelshit to you.

Attached: 1523883857442.jpg (380x385, 9K)

>Tons of black in movies
>They still get killed in the street by cop
Y-Yay, we are progressing

Incredible

Nah. Pedo/loli/c*nny posters shit up threads faster then any furry or /pol/tard, pokemon threads go down the shitter fast the moment a c*nny tard starts posting shit

It depends. A visionary like Kubrick for example can get a shitty guilty pleasure book like "The Shining" and turn it into high Art. the witcher games are only okay but CDPR improved on the books. Jackson fixed LOTR as well.
But if all you want to do is tell a story. Not have fun gameplay. not have god tier cinematography acting or direction. It ultimately comes down to "does the story benefit from interactive story telling, visual story telling or descriptive story telling"
which is why MOAT books turned movie are shit. Most game turned movie/book are shit. All movies turned book are shit.

blade runner was trash, if you had any understanding of what made the original great you wouldn't be bringing up 2049 in reference to good storytelling in Hollywood. It's the weakest Villeneuve movie and a shitty sequel that didn't need to happen.
Stop watching blockbusters if you want good movies my dude, it's that easy.

No I'm not. Some of those were Oscar nominated.

>Blackkklansman

Attached: yikez.gif (300x181, 218K)

Do you think I missed you deleting your other post because your comeback was so embarrassingly shit? Because I didn't. This one isn't any better. You tried.

>western games
>good stories
Ah yes, I also love nihilism and faux-realistic banter

You really think le epic magic school is a good enough premise to stay around

>literal wide-release films across the board save a few like Climax
>somehow esoteric
This is up for stupidest board. I guess it’s true about video games rotting your brain, huh

I'm getting weirded out by this double down of black and woman. Why is it not Asian woman, or Arab woman, or White woman, or Hispanic woman? Its always black women.

why does marvel do this? I thought their comic sales tanked 80% when they shoehorned the gay shit in, now theyre doing the same thing with movies

I like videogames but let's not get carried away.

>nier
>western

With Taika who knows. I love that goofy kiwi bastard so much. But the comic female thor was a hamfisted feminist mess, with an okay idea under it. Taika if anyone could make it work.

But her best movie was Leon the Professional and that was a long time ago. And more buddy cop comedy of Loki/Thor or something off Agents of Asgard could have been nice.

It gets annoying that if you show apprehension at this sort of thing you get labeled as sexist and racist. Variety is nice but if its forced that is just tolkenism and some just don't get the difference in that one tells a story worth telling and other bludgeons people with a message they learned already in kindergarten.

Taika if anyone could make it work though.

>Still holding my hopes for Asgardians of the Galaxy.
Expect a nauseating amount of fat jokes and for Thor to be sidelined in the climax

True. But that's another point for books -- they tell you a story in 6-10 hours, then they're over. They're not trying to gobble 80 hours with grinding, raiding, and collectibles.

>he didn't play pratchett discworld games

Attached: 1539978769944.jpg (1022x1221, 175K)

no, that's /lgbt/

Oh, because knowing about cinema is what qualifies one for being a big brain? Don't kid yourself, cinema is low tier trash. It's lower than music, literature and video games. It's for women. It's not very good at all.

soixboys and chinksects will eat literally anything marvel shits out

Japanese games this gen have not good story that isn’t just comfy cliche. Maybe only Nier Automata

I liked SOMA, you should give it a try.

Femthor actually saw a huge spike in sales when it first started back in 2013 or 2014, I can't remember how long ago.
It's other shit like Captain Marvel that can't sustain more than 5 issues at a time

>like video games and sometimes enjoy their stories
>comparing AAA garbage with garbage capeshit movies
Enjoy limiting your perspective on movies by just what's getting shit out now and call me when there's a game narrative as compelling and thrilling as Heat.

Under the Silver Lake is the only movie on that list that maybe fits your analogy, and even then it's sort of intentional in that movie anyway.

>cinema is beneath video games
Can’t even be mad at you, and I won’t expend any effort listing great films. Enjoy being retarded

Not him, but I find only stupid people talk about entire mediums in this way, as if they can be ranked so cleanly. What they contain is so varied and different in both content and quality, why even bother? It's asinine. Just my two cents. Stupid post.

Sounds about right.

>My digital time wasters are superior to you, and if you disagree then you are retarded.

Hey, at least I didn't personally attack you. I just said cinema itself was bad. Enjoy your ad homs.

Why do people get so upset about this stuff still? It's like getting upset at the representation of kids in wheelchairs back in the 80's-90's.

I agree that some stories are well-suited to being told as a game. I think the developers of Year Walk actually considered film first before settling on a game.

I think the biggest thing for me is whether the studio can make a game that's "art" and not "product". I.e., it tells its story the way it should and ends when it should, without cash grabs or repetition. So few games do that.

stay mad, Yea Forumsirgin

Yea Forums is adorable

>Jackson fixed LOTR
Excuse you, LOTR was not in need of any fixing. Are you brainless?

>natalie portman as female thor
but how? she was his girlfriend or whatever

Your board is one of the few that is actually worse than Yea Forums but congrats on being so knowledgeable in non-interactive moving images. lol

based post, cope replies are desperate

Because this shit is atrociously bad

Attached: 9088ccdd5b060c89494b4daa6c231e2c.jpg (1249x1920, 388K)

>replying to yourself because you were so intensely BTFO
yikes

No, feigning knowledge of something you clearly have no interest in or familiarity with and taking some kind of intellectual high ground about it is what outs you as an idiot.

I mean, you've got artistic mediums literally fucking tiered, that's peak stupidity.

>being such an incel that you put any videogame story above the films of Kurosawa or Bergman
List one good video game story. I’ll wait

so stop consuming it?

Why is Thor a girl again? Did Guy thor die?

Halo 3

I totally agree. I'd rather enjoy $100m budget compressed into a 2 hour movie than a 40 hour game.

>it’s a board war! I can only fathom things in terms of Yea Forums in-groups!
I don’t visit Yea Forums. That board is terrible for film.

swallow that progressive propaganda good little sheep

Not even better than Sam Raimi’s Spiderman. Try again.

>erase our culture and replace it with capeshit
>erase us from capeshit
That's it

The Halo plotline became fucking incomprehensible starting with Halo 2's tentacle monster warping people around.

Any of the Halo books beat any of the Halo games on story.

Comic books have ALWAYS been atrociously bad. They're advertisements sold to children. Only about a handful of comic book arcs are actually worth a shit, comics in general are pure fucking garbage.

Attached: 1322893-__hr_09.jpg (750x1153, 191K)

Ha, kind of profound actually

JAPANESE comic books, on the other hand...

Attached: D_oikFMXUAAkezL.png (775x630, 145K)

They do this literally all the fucking time. Then they bring the original characters back and people go nuts for it. It's like Coke with new Coke.

Attached: 173120-52690-war-machine.jpg (400x240, 26K)

Nick Fury whispered something into Thor's ear that made him lose faith in the Asgardian pantheon and made him unworthy. He leaves his hammer on the moon, and every man from Asgard, even Odin, is unable to lift it.
Freya, Thor's mom, grabs Jane Foster, who has terminal cancer, and she just picks it up cuz girl power. I think Thor just recently got it back, but I don't give a shit to read anything from Aaron

Most of those are garbage too, actually.

>even Odin
>who enchanted it

Uhh okay

Doom crying on 9/11 isn't as bad as beating me over the head with "the future is female" bullshit

Even comic book villains cry from seeing the evil of israel

>WOOOOO THE GAME ABOUT FALLING BLOCKS IS PROFOUND
kys

Attached: 1547212566099.png (454x520, 11K)

if i could i probably would why do you ask user

True. I'd say only some of the seinin genre is worth a shit.

Attached: D5QbD4IUIAAhNK-.jpg (705x1100, 91K)

Idk i find good mediums

Reading is gud

Attached: 1556079085329.jpg (462x374, 23K)

The only comic book I've ever enjoyed is Tintin. Never got the appeal of superhero comics.

They promote pedophilia, which is worse than anything western comics do

Yea Forums is adorable

nope western comics promote niggers and women which is a hard no from me

I've been wondering this for a while and would appreciate if I could get a genuine answer.

Why do people complain about mainstream movies constantly but they won't even consider watching something that isn't the big hollywood blockbuster of the month?

it's kind of weird that they value getting token roles in media over improving the lives of black people

But you were fine with the X-men beating you over the head with tolerance?

This is absolutely retarded, books are not only way to tell a good story. Sometimes other mediums are more effective at invoking emotion and introspection. Film and photography for example are better at inspiring societal change than words alone (see link below).

youtube.com/watch?v=ddiOJLuu2mo

Hollywood has always been propaganda but now they aren't even trying to hide it anymore

I've though about this, and lolis seem so abstracted from the appearance and behavior of real little girls, I'm inclined to disagree.

Attached: 61165861_10157146917297567_5986851301550456832_n.jpg (960x732, 71K)

Anyone have that page where Ultimate Wanda and Pietro are incestuous, and Cap is treated as being in the wrong for thinking it's gross?

Based.

Attached: Tintin.jpg (383x400, 53K)

Video games offers a new unique way of expressing ideas but in the turn into terrible hollywood shit. Is video games gonna just copy other mediums in the end? People forget you have to play video games

>western comics feature adult women which are worse than prepubescent girls
Uh-huh

That was actually subtle back in the day. They didn't do shit like tell me to go vote for Hillary the day after the election

meant for

A lot of western comics have solid writing, japanese comics are literally just fanservice pandering to incels and similar.

>tintin
Good shit

They probably don't know where to start.

>Capeshit are the only movies there are
I hate brainlets

Attached: 1500542291199.jpg (230x207, 34K)

>literally

You literally used that word incorrectly.

Attached: D3w5pYLX4AAh_kf.jpg (1600x1200, 193K)

I don't think Japan has written retarded feminist pandering shit like Man Eaters

They did, actually. This comic is about Richard Nixon. They even had him commit suicide.

Attached: MarvelPolitics021.jpg (582x436, 81K)

Imagine caring about capeshit

You have to actually sit down and watch films without an explosion every other minute to do that, how am I supposed to be able to cope? Do you really think intelligent dialogue, cinematography and carefully crafted subtext with a poignant message is a good replacement for catching a hint of Scar Jo's sideboob? Because it's not. Fuck off with that nerd shit.

loli=depiction of children, if you sexualize that you're a pedophile. Im not saying you're going to go rape kids, but you liking drawings depicting kids is pretty pedoish and law in a lot of countries follow this line of thinking(Canada, NZ, UK) for good reason.

>A lot of western comics have solid writing
True
>japanese comics are literally just fanservice pandering to incels and similar
Wrong
Read Fire Punch

Attached: 140CE276-29D2-4023-A4B5-5A9A2E8F944E.png (601x545, 290K)

>nier a tomato
>good story
Fuck off, only good thing about the game's the end credits and the ass

Attached: 1563519361188.png (1140x500, 451K)

comics dont have good writing unless you're 12

The comics never came off racist too me as a child but dear god the Congo issue did not age well in that aspect. Hell even the Blue Lotus was just as bad and it's one of my favourites. Funny to think none of it kicked up a fuss until it was time to make the animations and they had to literally cut out half the plot of Tintin in America.

Nice video, I hadn't heard about this. Reminds me of that picture of the Afghan girl on Time.

The only parallel I can think of in literature off the top of my head is Silent Spring.

Attached: D_ZAMnNUIAEGhU8.jpg (1400x2000, 984K)

>solid writing
Theres's already none good western comic you can even think of one why lie like that?
Western comics had degraded into anti-logic generic political arguments

these are the people who think the only games worth playing are AAA and the only things worth reading are YA books

>Fire Punch
mah nigga

Attached: DyJwUylU0AA-ZdY.jpg (1982x2048, 1.34M)

Literally the opposite since there's nothing wrong with that, western promote homosexuality and niggers even delusional women

Jesus Christ this board is truly embarrassing. And you have the audacity to call anyone else normalfags.

You do it to yourself lmao

>it's another "redditor thinks he's intelligent because he reads harry potter and the game of thrones books" episode

Attached: cringeeeeeeeee.jpg (680x543, 39K)

>heat
>compeling and thriling narrative
>implying it is a masterpiece

this is the american level of getting a tell of how good a movie is

Tolkien was peak idea s guy. The story, world and character are top tier. but the books are horribly written. If I have to have the dumb songs, at least Jackson limits them and they benefit by being actual audio over visuals instead of literal song lyrics in a dong novel. Shit after at the shire was entirely unecessary as well. And the books were poorly written
I think anything told through, exploration, choice and consequence, or just emotional response to story benefit in particular. also add VNs as a category

Anime storytelling surpasses both

Attached: Ichigo_Kurosaki_True_Shikai.png (400x632, 135K)

For me, because I think genetic IQ matters. Like A LOT. Civilization depends on this, level matters.

And yes, as painful as it is, there are cohorts of ethnicities that have greater average IQs in their gene pools, such as East Asians and Europeans. However whites are dying out. It is an act of mass dysgenics. And even if you didn't care about that I am also just a member and fan of the white ethnicity / western civilization, so I don't want to see it die. I've gotten pretty triggered seeing certain (((people))) fiddle while Rome proverbially burns as the mass ethnic die off of whites continues. They try to speed up the process by promoting as much immigration, interracial relationships, white anti-natalism and normalization of white demographic collapse as possible. Fuck people celebrating something so disgusting and tragic and rubbing salt in the wound.

It's not like they can't have their own media to boot. Who's complain about the Wire of Friday being too black or not having enough whites? But that's never enough, is it? Things white's have must be ruined and taken as well.

Attached: seventh and broadway downtown los angeles CA 1950s.jpg (1643x1036, 735K)

I'm sorry for forgetting such masterpieces as "Racism bad" and "Gay sex good"

Cope

Someone make this thread on Yea Forums I want to see their opinions

That's literally what jews think and why they breed black athletes with white women.

No story should take this long to tell.

Attached: asdfasdf.png (658x385, 68K)

Video gamers are, in general, retarded. However there are a few good posters here

>clickbait disproven bond article.
> Capeshit.
totally not chery picking user.

Normally they'd shit on it because capeshit was never good and not worth caring about but nu-Yea Forums is shit so who knows

IQ don's matter as much as you think when you realize that you can archive most of what humans had with low IQ what is more important is to have a civilization that can defend itself agains outsiders and their own goverment, just look at any countries history book and you'll see how progress is mostly after gething rid of a corrupt force or an invader

if you're a woman perhaps, but if you're a guy that is literally, functionally not true
guys are stimulated by visuals

Any media you expose yourself to besides visual mediums are less effective. That's fine, but acknowledge it.

Attached: p2duology.png (1908x1640, 3.51M)

Damn, that happens so much in America?

>She isn't James Bond she is just the new 007 agent you racist

Same reason people complain about "indieshit" or similar. Most people aren't very invested in what they're complaining about.

Wait, Portman will play Thor? A fucking womanlet? How in the fuck do you make a femThor and don't cast a musclegirl for the role instead of that midget?

Maybe you can tell that to the judge when you're being sentenced for child rape lmfao

I actually agree. LOGH is the longest anime I enjoyed. any anime that's goal is just to run as long as it can is shit. Most good series are 1-3 seasons.

why dis nigga trying to turn dis thread into a race war?

>All these people actually believing the Bond black woman rumour without any official information or sources on it

you're like a little baby
watch this

Attached: file.png (627x505, 193K)

She's the new 007 because Bond retired in Spectre.
Honestly, this sequel is going to be awkward because Spectre was pretty much a finale.

correct. the gag seems cringe. But at least be honest about it. People pretend like she is replacing Craig.

Kek. You can’t be this retarded. This is bait

Imagine being so retarded you think novels are the height of storytelling, when poetry is far superior.

>Yikes
Dilate

>dis
ok whitie

they should of just ignored continuity and made a love letter to the classics as his going out film.

It's official, but she's just a coworker of actual Bond who somehow get the 007 license. It's a new character.

Film has always been the lowest art form IMO. It's lower than video games, even. At least with games you can get some nut's sincere artistic vision, with film it's totally barren because it's all about celebrities and egos

Comics, VNs, theatre (and, by extension, film when it's used right).

Litterally zero evidence to suggest this.
An anonymous source in the UK approached a tabloid and other publications thought it was true.

*Citation needed

It's also a matter of volume. We absorb and process a greater richness faster through written narrative.

Attached: D_d1LWqU0AA1l_O.jpg (774x1000, 122K)

The Persona game is unrioncally better than Bergman's persona.

its /tvpol/ they've probably been seething over this before it ever got announced

>I've never seen a single movie but shitty hollywood action flicks, and I think:

No white women are actually the most loyal per statistic. Its a forced meme spewed by intentional trolls and literal cuck fetishists.

Berserk is at 357, and will never end.

Lmao. Okay yeah some high schoolers stopping a super villain named Joker, peak brilliance

Source?
Primary evidence?
I don't trust the "Anonymous source" bullshit

This is pedantic handwank, female Thor is a different character, Captain Muslim is a new character and so on

Worst post I have ever seen

Yeah, but Craig's Bond movies were always about being closer to Ian Fleming's novels than the previous movies.
You can see it in how this Bond is much more ruthless and almost a psychopath, like how Bond was in the books.
He doesn't drink much, he only cares about the mission and he sees women as tools to be used and discarded for the missions, not as romantic partners.
The first movie, Casino Royale, was about him learning to be cold and calculating and not letting any feelings get in the way of the mission.

>Nier: Automata
You mean the worst story in the series barring Drakengard 2?

So, get this, you can combine the written word and pictures.

I disagree. Hollywood is about profit and exploiting the market, which ruins the medium in a /different/ way than egotism would.

Attached: D5pb7A5W0AAbkdm.jpg (1441x2048, 389K)

the film hasn't even begun production so I'm not sure what you're expecting

user stop you’re making us look retarded in front of Yea Forums

The problem with film is all the glory is in the past. There truly were many masterpieces produced in the past but that is now over. Its nothing but garbage now because the industry has made it political to the point where they can do nothing but make garbage. This is why video games come out ahead because that hasn't completely taken over yet. But with that being said it is taking over quite quickly to the point where western gaming is pretty much toast with things only being propped up by the Japs. If Japan falls thats it for video games unless someone else picks up the torch.

>a greater richness
leave abstractions out of this, you insufferable fool
it is literally common knowledge how men and women learn
how i hate you revisionists retards

Most people seem more upset about them turning it in a feminist girl power movie more so than her actually replacing Criag.

even in australia all our tv commercials have american style black people even though i don't think i've ever seen an american black here in my entire life

If it's captivating why wouldn't you want a long story.

All of this vidya is shit

>has made it political
Nobody tell him

> Its nothing but garbage now because the industry has made it political to the point where they can do nothing but make garbage.
Film =\= Hollywood

>He doesn't drink much
er u what

bro did you just compare chapters to episodes?

Attached: 6f8.png (322x340, 69K)

most non Hollywood film has followed the trend and you fucking know it. Its a dying medium of nothing but pulp and video games are following in its foot steps.

He barely does compared to previous Bonds.
He does it to blend in, more than having a taste for alcohol.

Real Film is found between "I only watch capeshit and summer blockbusters" and "I only watch obscure directors no one has heard of to fuel my superiority complex based on dumb entertainment"
The real Auteurs are Kubrick, McDonagh, Tarinto, Scorces, Ritchie, Copolla, Et el.
But normalfags either go with JJ Abrams or some guy directing soft core porn or paint drying cause he is foreign and obscure.

>pedophilia=rape
>Tranny projecting on their rape fantasies
Seethe

It's more captivating if you have a bunch of smaller stories that are short enough for me to remember how they start, and characters that develop over episodes rather than seasons.

> non Hollywood film has followed the trend and you fucking know it.
No, I don’t know it, because that’s a stupid thing to say. Unless you think that *anything* (bias, opinion, etc) is political, in which case, obviously yes. Everything is political in such a case.

Please stop trying to talk about film Yea Forums

anyone who puts obscure hipster shit over Kubrick or Coppola just to look cool already look way worse than the worst waifuposting Yea Forumsirgin ever could.

yeah it is a female girl power movie Cause of an alleged 12 second gag.
wow.

>Nier: Automata
>The Witcher 3
Fedora-tier as fuck

>muh tranny
they dont exist here, quit screehing

How are they credited with being the real auteurs when literally none of those directors were working when ‘auteur theory’ was developed and put into practice. Also McDonaugh allows for way too much production meddling to ever be coined an auteur.

XD great post! those cucks have no right defending themselves!
edit: OMFG thanks for the gold kind stranger!

>episodes for shonen anime
Half of those are 'filler' arcs made up by the animation company as pointless side OC to the actual mangaka's works because the anime episodes have to come out more often than the manga chapters do. They literally produce extra episodes while they wait for the manga story arcs to finish so they can animate them in full. The story doesn't take that long to tell.

>I harvested this young christian boy's organs in self-defense!

There are many directors better than Coppola. The Hollywood brats are overrated in general, particularly by people that think The Godfather part II is the best film ever made.

>reading books for the story
lol just stick to video games brainlet

Kubrick has always been hipster shit, Coppola is trash that you think is good because years of people telling you that is good

because they are the major creative force in the film. Hence Auters.
How is Manning Brady or Mariano considered GOAT, when they weren't playing when the term QB was coined?
>meddling.
every one of his films feels distinctly his. At least call out modern Ritchie If you are gonna do that. I liked a Man from Uncle and King Arthur even. but my god Alladin was his soul sucked from him.
what no? are you stupid. Apocalypse Now is objectively the best film ever made.

like 300 or so eps are filler trash though, with like maybe 1 okay filler being in there
also one piece is about to hit 900 eps but they have dragged the pacing in the eps to screeching halt of 1 ep = 1 chapter because they are almost caught up because of oda taking weeks off for health reasons

they are probably gonna shit the bed when they finally do catch up

>However whites are dying out.

Why are you retards allowed to speak? +800 million people does not count as "dying out". You want to see a race dying out look at the Khoisan and Aboriginal Australians who are 400k and 750k.

For context more people have died from the war on terror than there are Khoisan alive today.

>Jackson fixed LOTR as well.
the absolute state of millennials

That image is stupid.
>Has tattoos
>Follows rules
>Has manners
>Has morality
One of these is true.

this is the exact mindset I am talking about here
You are basically admitting you don't like him cause everyone else does. I like his films because they are good. It just so happens that a lot of people agree. Also how the fuck is Kubrick hipster?

Kaiju films are where the real kino's at

Attached: Gojira-Godzilla-1954-featured.jpg (1200x675, 152K)

I ignored Ritchie completely because he’s terrible. But coining them the ‘real auteurs’ seems silly when all of those directors came decades after the best auteurs that ever existed were working

>birthrates below replacement rates in almost every western nation due to the empowerment of women
>'but we have big number so we're not dying out!'
I really hope you're not this retarded. Dying out refers to future trends, not current number. If the Khoisan had 3 kids per family they wouldn't be "dying out" even at 400k you brainlet.

>Apocalypse Now is objectively the best film ever made.
No, it isn’t. It’s very good. It’s not even in the top 20 best films ever made

Any and all entertainment not produced by yourself is a guilty pleasure, you simpering rat-nosed mistake

This, I went to a bookstore today and I saw women everywhere getting books.
I was creeped out by this young fat lady in overalls who looked like she was following me around the store discreetly and she did this thing where she whistled which was weird because she wasn't whistling a song or anything.
I can only imagine the strange reality women who read a lot of books live in.

2001 and Dr. Strangleove are the reason anything before them are basically obsolete. Obviously they were inspired by their predecessors. Just like the next generatin will be inspired by them. But that doesn't make the clunk before them better. in 60 years It is possible every name I mentioned will be BTFO.
Also the original British crime films were top tier. He went full corporate whore after, but he still inserted enough DNA to make good products.

Pretty sure Tom Brady is GOAT...

So...you're agreeing with me, right?

western comics are fucking boring, so that do not sell well
competitive emvironment in the industry is laughable as well, you can live off making shitty comics just because its title is named after some big superhero names that big publishers own
even now with capeshits popularity, in terms of market size, manga is 10 times bigger than american comics

This made me laugh more than it should have.

I know people are just going to say only japanese vidya is good but what about japanese movies? Or foreign movies in general

It is sad that I know you subconsciously, or evenfully awarely painstakingly factor in obscurity and how you will perceived as primary factors in deciding your taste.

>2001 and Dr. Strangleove are the reason anything before them are basically obsolete.
What does this even mean? What are you trying to say?

most accomplished. but I think several other QBs could have done just as well if not better in Bellichecks system. Belicheck is the undeniable GOAT, but for QBs Brady is in the conversation. Just not a given.

I'll respect your opinion once you surpass Benkyo Tamaoki's aesthetics.

Attached: D9MUWKVUcAEcNBw.jpg (1200x1104, 108K)

Kubrick changed film, and set a bar that rendered everything before him obselete. what is there not to get? yes technology helped. But the sentence is fairly clear.

Be nice to strangers on the internet!

But why should I feel guilty about enjoying others' works?

I'm agreeing with you, but also explaining why your example was highly flawed. The proper length of bleach is drastically shorter than 366 episodes animated and exactly as long as all the manga arcs.

>evenfully awarely painstakingly factor in obscurity
Relax.
Apocalypse Now is not the best film ever made. This is actually good news for you, you have a lot of good movies to look forward to. Congrats

>shoot up a literal entire town
>murder every single law man
>"guess they dont want folk like us round no mo...*cough* "

red dead 2 is not a good example of good storytelling my friend

I was just making sure it was as retarded as I thought. To clarify once more, Kubrick made Kurosawa obsolete?

If it was completely unheard of boring and director by count eurotrash von fuckface you would be in agreement with me. that is the sad state of affairs user.

>bland normalfag 'aesthetics'
Highly cringe

Attached: 65173488_p5.png (800x1133, 987K)

>If it was completely unheard of boring and director by count eurotrash von fuckface you would be in agreement with me
Okay forget it ESL, this is pointless. Go ramble in broken English at someone else

What the hell happened to ishimura? Did he get fakku'd too?

You're literally the stupidest motherfucker on Yea Forums and I say this as an avid reader. Fuck you. Movies and games could do art where novels can't.

As long as you take the time to reflect on what a pathetic beta hipster you are.

You think living parasite suits are edgy? Go read Tokyo Akazukin, newfriend.

Attached: Capture.png (581x844, 948K)

You're an absolute retard. All the movies who came out back then weren't instant classics either. There was always a lot of shit, absolute garbage coming out, it's those very movies that make the actually good movies stand out.

It’s always amusing when complete dilettantes not only fear movies they’ve never heard of, they actively try to convince everyone else that they’ve already seen the best movie ever made.

..is there a name for this?

Hollywood has been like that at least since 80s even though current capeshits craziness is accelerating that shit more worse. It's not a news.

Attached: hayao_miyazaki_real_quote.jpg (1800x1198, 521K)

Still waiting on this answer...