Baldur's Gate Thread

Last Thread seemed to have died after I took a quick nap,favorite encounter in the game hands down

Attached: Summons.png (640x480, 381K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jzkv5mzR-j0
youtube.com/watch?v=8recR0FtRUY
warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU
shsforums.net/files/file/1135-disable-enhanced-edition-npcs/
forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71473/mod-all-things-mazzy-version-1-039-mazzy-expansion-and-keepable-clara
youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*is better in every way*

Attached: 25917-icewind-dale-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x969, 226K)

Jaheira IS a CUTE mommy wife! Give ME mommy wife! Give ME Jaheira wife!

Attached: Sequel Jaheira.png (210x330, 136K)

why not just enjoy both games? Icewind Dale lacks the storytelling and adventure of Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 3 will end up being overtaken by the waifu and husbando romance fags.

There is no hope left in man.

Attached: 1446274899947.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Do NOT worry user! Larian DOES have GOOD wifes! Lohse IS a CUTE wife! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Lohse.jpg (639x1000, 245K)

No judging from the trailer I'd say there's a sliver of hope left

bumping with mermaids

Attached: Mermaid.png (82x127, 12K)

Mermaids ARE cute user!

Attached: Mesarthim.png (566x700, 221K)

>im-fucking-plying people don't bitch about how your choice of romance in BG2 is wrong because it's not theirs

I did like the trailer. But it doesn't say much of anything about the game. And after dozens of interviews they've said almost nothing of any substance.

I cannot fucken believe we don't even know what the combat is going to be like. Why would they not just say what the basics are? I want to be able to appropriately set my expectations.

Attached: 1524848412836.jpg (600x800, 79K)

>page nine

I NEED SOME STRONG DWARVEN ALE

youtube.com/watch?v=Jzkv5mzR-j0

Which mods should i get to make original BG1 play more nicely? Already have a widescreen mod. Not interested in that BG2 engine port of 1.

How many party members will BG3 have? Take a guess.

Attached: 1479374577658.png (386x389, 134K)

six?

if they really want to go crazy they'd do eight

>finally get into crpgs
>love them
>realize they are dead
>fuck

get the ddraw fix to stop the lag

Underrail Expedition came out today, pleb.

romance + blank slate characters = empty wish fulfillment garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=8recR0FtRUY
The battle against Yaga-Shura and his army was pretty awesome with this epic theme playing.

New to this D&D RPG shit. It doesn't really matter how many times I rest in a dungeon to recover health yeah? I don't miss out on anything because of time passing? And what are the benefits of importing a BG character to 2? I'm thinking I royally fucked up my build

Fuckyes

Filter to remove this tranny
/^[^>].*[A-Z]{2,} ([A-Z']?[a-zI']+ )+[A-Z]{2,}( (\w+|'))*\!\)?/m
/\! [A-Z]((\w|'|\d)* )*\w*\!\)?$/
/\((.*\!) ?\1\)/
/^(>>\d{5,10}\n)*.*[A-Z]{2,}.*\!$/

The only time when there's any sort of time restraint is when you're on certain NPC quests. In the original, Minsc would attack you if you accept his quest but take too long to make progress on it, for example. Otherwise no, rest all you want.
With importing, it's assumed that most players will use the stat boosting books in the first game on their PC, the only character that gets directly imported between 1 and 2, so you get those stat boosts. There's also a cheat that allows you to keep all the high-powered gear going into the second game, when normally you're stripped of all your stuff when you're imprisoned at the start of BG2.

MY HOTEL'S AS CLEAN AS AN ELVEN ARSE

Just stick to D:OS, it's like an RPG for brainlets like you.

>Implying BG isn't braindead easy too

WHAT MAKES A MAN?

i get the feeling that icewind dale is closer to the tabletop experience, than baldur's gate, though both games are great in their own regard and also the comfiest to play in winter times

thx user

Explain your reasoning.

So if I don't import my character that means I'm gonna lag behind the entire time? I'd really rather start a new one cause in hindsight it was not such a good idea to choose sword and shield as my fighting style but pick spears as my proficiency. Just arrived at Baldur's Gate and I'm sure I want to do all that shit over again fix this. Unless you can change classes on a imported character in which case forget i said anything
Is Divinity really that bad?

why can't they just make a new game instead of pissing on baldur's gate with a "sequel"

Divinity is fine.

The real difference is that in divinity you can control majority of character creation and it uses another roll system.

Name recognition and a built-in fanbase. This isn't a new thing. Hollywood's been doing it for years.

I just wish everyone could be as much of a bitter faggot as me and never play games like this

Well the honest hope here is, even if they’re just using the name for marketing, that it’s actually a great game

If I add additional mods to the BG Enhanced Editions are they playable? I got gifted them.

I recently started playing and all my friends died in the friendly arm :(((

Get better friends. BG1 gives you tons of party members to choose from. They knew your companions were going to get gibbed constantly as you have to protect yourself to avoid game over

Is this, right here, the most notoriously infamous Windows-era PC game ever?

It wasn't the system-folder-deleting bug that shaped its reception.

It wasn't the barebones implementation of 3rd ed D&D that shaped it reception.

It wasn't the engine or the controls, which were actually good for their time, especially compared to Infinity engine which were de facto standard for the genre at the time.

It wasn't even the copypaste, which there actually was not a lot of, with all the instances of the prefabs differently furnished and having different sets of enemies.

It was the dungeon design, the most godforsaken, Odessa catacombs tier, dungeons ever to grace videogames. EVER to grace videogames.

It was the pace. The pace the long rotten corpses would shamble towards you at a pace old people sometimes do.

It was the fucking furniture, tons of boxes and cupboards which had absolutely nothing in them. They even looked differently from those that did.

It was the sound of wind and tge echo of the footsteps.

This, right here, is one of the most un-mainstream, un-conventially-entertaining, incomprehensible by means of any sort of common cultular cues, game, a dip into 99% pure, thick, cold, oily-black atmosphere.

People genuinely disliked coming face to face with something they evidently utterly failed to understand. Again and again and again and again and again.

THAT is what ultimately sealed this game's fate, in my personal opinion.

Why would you play old and dated bg2 when kingmaker is out?
Everytime I reconsider doing another BG2 playthrough I remember every party ends up roughly the same:

Fighter/Mage since pure fighters melt in melee
Fighter/Cleric since pure clerics or druids are plain bad
Sorcerer for mage duels and basically breaking the game
Some flavor of thief + something actually useful

I stopped my original sin 2º playthrough after my tankiest character got killed in 1 round by 1 enemy, motherfucker started combat with 6ap.
That's when I realized the only things that matters in this game is CC

wtf is kingmaker incel
now make like a tree

>Knights of the Chalice 2 was finished 7 months ago or so but the developer refuses to launch it until he gets the first one on steam

Holy shit this guy is slow

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: Beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

KotC is trash by the way. Drowns you in garbage fights, then makes a switch for that megadragon fight and the optional fight which is pretty much "Oops guess you didn't level your party correctly gonna replay the whole game full of timewasting trivial garbage once more building specifically for this fight".

Yyyyeeeah, the title of the post was absolutely not part of the plan.

It's biggest sin IMO is not enforcing daily encounter allotment so you are encouraged to go back to camp after every other encounter to keep spaming your strongest spells.

I'm baffled why all D&D or even CRPGs with per rest resources don't do this

Wait what? Doesn't it have fireplaces and numerous "drops of no return" specifically to account for that? It's been a wgile since I played, so my memory is foggy on it, but

>numerous "drops of no return"
I haven't finished the game but I only found one at the orc fortress and all the fights there were a breeze

Oh I hope so, I do enjoy romance in rpgs. That being said it should be a side option not some main reason to play the game. Shouldn't you be more scared about other stuff like "THEY'RE GONNA MAKE IT TURN BASED, THAT'S NOT BALDUR'S GATE REEEEEEEEE!"

There will be more along the way.

If anything, come to think of it, most of the game is annoying rather than challenging. That fucking sand fortress stands out in particular in what little I still remember about this game.

DON'T TOUCH ME! I'm super important.

>been years since I played BG2
>can only play it with 10-20 mods that make the game hard as fuck and improve enemy AI
>forget how to install all this shit, which used to take hours of manual installation autism
>can't bring myself to play tranny edition

>Positioning, setting up the battlefield, pre battle buffs, stealthing to apply pre battle buffs outside of the engage circle so you can place them on your team without them ticking down. character synergy, enemy weaknesses, etc. I dare say CC isn't the end all be all, but it does help alot, and when the enemy uses it, it's good to have characters or scrolls that can remove it.

How clean is elven booty?

Play pathfinder kingmaker. Best BG-like CRPG since, well, fucking BG2.

this makes me angry

>The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU

Attached: 1563571147826.jpg (527x588, 133K)

Are there any low-level semi-realistic computer D&D games, that do their own thing and march to their own beat, akin to BG1, PoR:RoMD and ToEE? Other than the three just mentioned, naturally.

Why are people so obsessed with romance in video games? It's always incredibly shallow.

Attached: 5a812ce11fc270ed0bb8e22d045efdd6-700.jpg (1120x700, 58K)

because it's the closest i'll get to a gf.

Damn, some mod/janitor was definitely power tripping in that shit. Ten bucks says it was the one who kept posting people are "starting fights." Who the fuck says that on Yea Forums?

Jesus christ that fucking janny

Attached: 1563795422672.png (1682x740, 292K)

Because it tends to be alot safer than actual real romance, same as jumping off a cliff in a game vs real life.

I didn't know them for very long but they seemed like good friends
I feel guilty now

I've never played a CRPG.

Where do I start

I'd say Icewind Dale, it has a bit more flexibility.

It depends what you're interested in. There's a spectrum, with ARPG on one side and tabletop/roleplay-ish on the other. Most CRPG elitist fans would consider Planescape one of the best, for example but it's 98% talking and reading. Most elitists would also not really consider Icewind Dale a "CRPG" properly, they'd consider it closer to pure ARPG, closer to Diablo even. But then some people count even a game like like Diablo as an "RPG" because it has stats, which I think is dead wrong.

tldr Depends whether you are interested in something RP heavy or you specifically mean a D&D party-based strategy battle game. Also plenty of the contenders for best CRPGs ever aren't even D&D/isometric.

But as a very general answer, I'd say go for BG2 over IWD. BG2 is still pretty combat and gear/build focused, compared to Planescape for example, where you can seriously spend a 6 hour play session just talking to people in one building. But it's got plenty of RP and it's a huge immersive setting. Whereas IWD, if you are mainly an RP fan, will probably leave you hungry. Frankly I only find IWD/IWD2 fun because I played BG for years first, and I like the engine and combat enough to enjoy a mindless grind. I don't think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much without that. The exact opposite of this is something like Arcanum, which has such shit combat/mechanics that you REALLY have to be playing it for the RP and atmosphere to enjoy it.

Outside of D&D style though:
- VtMB (with restored content)
- Fallout 1/2
- Deus Ex
- Morrowind (with tasteful mods to drastically expand the depth of the game world)
- Mask of the Betrayer (the main NWN2 campaign is mediocre, and only becomes decent at the halfway point - play it only if you are really sure you don't mind that; NWN1 is even more throwaway, though some of the expansions are OK if you're a diehard fan)
- KOTOR 1+2. 2 is the better game but 1 is very worth playing. 2 needs restored content patch.

I hope you're not mercenaries, I hate those money grubbing bastards

Na, I'm a sword for hire. Completely different

Temple of Elemental Evil

And I serve the flaming fist

4 probably, less is better for devs

Flaming Fist is best police force.

Is the next step after self-insert. Add to that the 'waifu' thing and there you go. Pic related is my waifu btw.

Attached: saerileG.gif (210x330, 46K)

>try out Black Pits
>making my way through
>Preparing for the final fight
>Beholder says I'm gonna have to fuck with him too
>oh shit, I've never fought a beholder before, what the fuck do I do-
>go to potion shop
>read potion of mirrored eyes
Beholders are chumps and that dickhead drow should've removed that potion from the store

Skyrim.

>have the option to expand the main campaign with extra quests without touching original characters since it was forbidden
>release a stand-alone campaign nobody cares
y-yay!

Attached: 1317351300193.png (352x500, 246K)

Because kingmaker is a giant slog and i'd rather replay bg 5 times than touch this shit ever again

Cause I like BG2 and Kingmaker's loading times are really bad

fuck those stairs

I tried to get into this but found it too easy.
I got to chapter 3 and didn't have much difficulty. I don't want to just go "let's make the enemies do more damage" so stuck with core rules.

Any advice since it's turning out to be Nevwrinter Nights all over again with being able to steamroll the encounters when I use magic and without magic it's just "hit things in melee or in range" with no tactics

Stop resting excessively, rest when roleplay appropriate

I don't want my toon to be incel

BG1 is still easy like that

In BG1 only some fights and Durlag's Tower are hard desu. Or you can just download some difficulty mods but I wouldn't recommend that for your first time

If BG3 doesn't include RTwP it'll be inferior to the originals regardless of its content.

This. Fuck Original Sins slowass boring combat fuck it hard

>It wasn't the barebones implementation of 3rd ed D&D that shaped it reception
But it's AD&D2E, user.

Good class for a first playthrough?
and not cheesy shit like Kensai/mage, although is that shit actually game breaking? because that is generally my archetype.

I assume he's talking about Pools of Radiance, as per his name.

>that is generally my archetype
Try a blade or a fighter/mage multiclass then

So I installed the original BG1+TotSC with some light mods (fixpacks, UB).

What kind of character do you recommend? I heard archer is cool from the start. Also what alignment is more interesting? Seems like there's a dark elf waifu only available if you're evil.

There are no decent thiefs in BG2 so consider playing one, Fighter/Thief/Mage is actually great if you play on a small party (something between 3 and 4)
If you only care about BG1 roll some flavour of archer, the ranger kit deals the most damage but fighter/thief are also cool since you need one or two thieves anyway

>oilfield combat with popping in slimes
>Red Prince's quest on the far side of the portal in Arx with enemies popping in mid-combat and having priority as soon as they appear
>it was supposed to be your turn, but here's another hostile, it's not your turn yet :^)
>fucking bot catches temporary bluescreen doing nothing for a while before it ends turn
>not to mention when combat begins with enemy's turn
At least in HoMM you can set combat movement/animation speed so you don't have to wait 100 years for the enemy to make his move.

user you are based as fuck. Thank you.

dilate Obsidian tranny

Original BG1 doesn't have kits, does it?

>There are no decent thiefs in BG2
There's Jan Jansen, who is one of the best NPCs in the entire game and who advances only slightly slower in thiefdom, but the cap on skills is so low that it doesn't matter, and he has personal items that boost him;
There's Imoen and Nalia, who are both strong and they do all the thieving you might ever need if all you care about is lockpicking and trapfinding.
You don't need a single-classed Thief, it's utterly redundant. There's a reason Hexxat is considered underpowered as shit.

>Kingmaker's loading times are really bad
imagine not having a SSD in 2019

I don't have to imagine it brother

>ToB Ascension ultimate fight
Is this game supposed to be played like this?

What do you mean?
ToB is entirely built around huge boss-fights and combat setpieces, Ascension mod cranks it to eleven.
What did you expect?

>Used that one BGT mod guide
>Everything works except the BGM doesn't play half the time

It's the sunken cost fallacy at this point, I don't even want to play this anymore

Attached: 1562182567532.jpg (1200x1200, 190K)

Unpopular opinion: considering you're not the first user on either Yea Forums or /vr/ who fucks up their BGT install order, you probably should just switch to EE

I expected to be able to get around Abazigal and Yaga Shura's protections, Sendai and the main boss are understandable since they're casters. Or if the main boss spawned only after defeating the Five, then it would be manageable.

At this point i'm considering it, is there a mod to remove the OC donut steel shit like Hexxat from EE?

Attached: 1562411777751.jpg (1024x934, 78K)

So, when you fight the doppelganger versions of the Candlekeep people, were they doppelgangers since the start? I assume not, but they do mention shit related to the start of the game. And if they weren't doppelgangers from the start, only from chapter 6, have the original people been killed off?

There are, yeah, and there's also reportedly one that restores the original cutscenes in BG1.

You dont have to use the companions if you dont want. Just ignore them

shsforums.net/files/file/1135-disable-enhanced-edition-npcs/

>Deside to play BG trilogy
>Check out Big World Project
>Kinda hustle to install
>But wait there's that russian autist that repacked everything into a single installer and added all the essential mods on top of it

Based

Attached: wew.jpg (4900x3500, 2.9M)

yes

Attached: Baldur 2018-06-01 19-43-33-276.jpg (1440x900, 473K)

Anyone have a link to STEAL icewindale EE?

>become super master level 1000 wizard
>every monster is immune to all the cool spells or has high enough saves to avoid everything
what did they mean by this?

>pretrapping
Supertraps are otherwise cheating, but I'm supposed to do it in this mod?

I don't think they even shit, their physiology is so perfect it utilizes every bit of what food they consume with no leftover waste.

Greater Malison and Lower Resist exist, along with Spell Sequencers. Also, buffing. Arcane casters in BG2 are the strongest archetype.

One thing I really dislike about that part is if you don't accept Sarevok into your party and convert him he fights against you there. Sarevok already feels way too forced to me, this shit makes it even worse
Or at least I think Ascension makes it like that, could be some another mod

>try out that NPC dialogue thing for BG1
>loot the diamond from the tree on the first wilderness area
>Imoen responds to it
Ever since she joined me she has been precious cinnamon roll

That is Ascension, yes. However, you can convert Balthazar to your cause as well.

Ascension does that, Imoen and Sarevok being there as enemies is indeed an asspull.

Attached: imouto waifu.jpg (502x703, 189K)

Why don't those gays port it to the original BG1?

>EE

Attached: 1553866300491.png (721x795, 99K)

Because the BG1 engine is archaic, hard to mod for, and the modding community as a whole moved on to TuTu and BGT, and the original NPC project was created in the heyday of the time.

>I’d hoped to bring Corwin and the other playable Siege NPCs* into BGII:EE (though it would’ve been tricky getting the timeline to work in Voghiln’s case). The exact details of how that would work were barely into the discussion stages before the company’s creative direction shifted to a new project that would’ve been amazing (and I say that even though I wouldn’t have been part of it).
>By the end of Shadows of Amn , the successful player would have been able to collect the various elements needed to restore Skie, gone back to Baldur’s Gate, get into the place Skie’s body is stored at in a variety of different ways, restored Skie, and made peace with Entar. If things went really really well, this would set up an expansion between SoA and ToB that would actually take place largely in the city itself and would have both Corwin and Skie available as playable NPCs.
thank god the company is ready for bankruptcy

What's the difference between BGT and TuTu and which one do you prefer?

ID - combat focused
PT - story focused
BG - mixed focus
And they are all fantastic.

Use BGT.

>BGT
makes the entirety of BG1 and BG2 a near-seamless trilogy
>TuTu
puts BG2 mechanics into BG1 but the games aren't strictly intertwined
>which do I prefer
I'm Polish so for me BGT received more updates but I don't know how it's like for English players.

Would it be good for a first ever playthrough?

BGT
Tutu is pretty meh and buggy as shit,also some weird fuckery with the spawn rates

And to top it all off
>BG/TobEx crashes

>still no aribeth mod for BG

Attached: aribeth__s_grief_by_elistraie-d3dqakv.jpg (900x1200, 146K)

try Isra if you want a paladin waifu mod done right my baseline for paladin waifu mods is Saerileth to tell you the truth, but really, Isra is one of the better NPC mods out there

Why do people even port waifus to other games? It never works well

Attached: 16251-2-1209168979.jpg (484x484, 47K)

Already did it. Both. Also Sirene. I'm addicted to pala waifus.

Stratagems is easy as fuck to install now

Mazzy is MY palawaifu

Attached: post-2542-127587608635.jpg (210x330, 72K)

Thing is even though Jan can cover as your main thief he's pretty useless as a mage, Nalia doesn't have enough thief levels and Imoen comes too late in the game.
I usually play my thiefs as fighter/thiefs or tripleclassed to exploit Use Any Item with class specific gear like Carsomyr and Scarlet ninja-to

Nope but EE and the triology thing adds them forgot about that since I recently replayed BG1 EE

I have it installed in an SSD and endgame it takes a minute to load some zones

Nalia works just fine as a thief with potions of master thievery and potions of perception

sure does sweetie

Divinity OS2 is one of the worst RPGs I've played.

>Thing is even though Jan can cover as your main thief he's pretty useless as a mage
this is wrong
he's a multiclass specialist so he has plenty of spellslots at all levels in the game
it does take 6,000,000 XP to get him to the highest tier of spellcasting, but even before that time he's very good party support
he has enough spellcasting power to cast Breach and Improved Haste when it matters (especially since highest level scrolls are gated behind Underdark and beyond), and later he transitions to being a fully competent magician
and high-arcane parties are already really strong, so all you have to do is pair him with Edwin, Imoen or Nalia, this is not a problem in any way
at 3,000,000 XP, Jan has Thief HLAs which are ridiculously strong, and he has considerable arcane power behind it still
at 6,000,000 XP, Jan has the best of both worlds
>Nalia doesn't have enough thief levels
like I said, just enough to lockpick and trapfind, you only start needing item support in late SoA/ToB

thieves are redundant, a single-classed Thief, even an Assassin, has way more skill points than they know what to do with
smart on BioWare to only give you hybrids

I'm equally excited and scared for the incoming mod about her...

I want to write paladin waifu erotica, what are your views on paladins possibly enjoying consensual degradation and kinky sex, can they do that without losing some connection to their powers?

w-whats that?

palawaifus are pure user,they only have sex for the purpose of procreation and it's all done in the missionary position

>installed smarter beholders
>looking at the readme
oh jesus fuck

I never recommended pure thieves user, I'm telling him to try Fighter/Thief or Fighter/Thief/Mage.
Jan has too few spell slots and not high enough to get shit done and once he blows his load he can't contribute at all and just stands there shooting his crossbow for no damage.
A triple class on the other hand will lag only a bit behind Jan but can backstab like a champ and wield carsomyr to ruin casters all while being tanky as fuck with mirror image and stoneskin.

You'll probably won't reach lvl9 spells with neither Jan or a triple class but the triple class is more useful IMO since all you need from your secondary arcane spell caster is breach and greater malison

One of the thing I dislike about her mod was the lack of a chance to "corrupt" Saerileth and make her an anal-lover cavalier. So, I love the idea but it purely depends on the character. But regardless, a strict type of character with a naughty side when intimate is a classic.

forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71473/mod-all-things-mazzy-version-1-039-mazzy-expansion-and-keepable-clara

>Jan has too few spell slots and not high enough to get shit done and once he blows his load he can't contribute at all and just stands there shooting his crossbow for no damage.
Sorry, but no. The math is also not supporting you here. At 3,000,000 XP, where Thieves reach their pinnacle (they hit their first UAI or Spike Trap), Jan has not only all the party utility needed of a Thief and hits a massive Thief powerspike, but also has 6/6/6/5/5/3/2 spell slots up to level 7, which is very respectable and includes multitudes of powerful buffs (bear in mind that, for example, Blade bards are considered really powerful, and they "only" bring up to level 6 spells with no specialization) and dispelling effects.

>You'll probably won't reach lvl9 spells with neither Jan
You only need 6,000,000 XP to hit level 9 spells with Jan, entirely doable even in a 6-man party as long as you don't skip areas. The moment he hits level 9 spells, he also gets a 2nd level 9 slot because he's a specialist, which means double Time Stop / IA / Planetar from the get go, and then he keeps growing. The ToB cap is 8,000,000; when he hits this, he's only notably behind a single-classed mage in one level 8 and one level 9 slot.

And since XP scaling in BG isn't linear, it's even better for Jan earlier: let's say we're at 750,000 XP, a very reasonable early SoA value. Nalia is a level 12 Mage, and has her first level 6 spell slot; Jan is level 11/11 and doesn't, but he does have +1 spell slot in every other category over Nalia, which means one more Breach, one more Secret Word, and one more Fireball.

Meanwhile, neither triple-classer can EVER hit mage spell level 9 unless you remove the XP cap. Jan can. So can Aerie. That's why they have a strong late game.

If your mage is reduced to plinking away with a crossbow after novaing in a fight then start using wands.

The only true weakness of Jan is the lack of Wilting, Skull Trap, and arguably Death Spell. Aside from that, he's terrific.

retard

And also:
>F/M/T can backstab like a champ and Jan won't
Jan gets x5 modifier to backstabs 750,000 XP earlier.
Stealth gives you -4 THAC0, and backstabs in BG2 are all about connecting only one attack from stealth, then multiplying it by 5.
Jan can apply powerful self-buffs to help him in this endeavor much earlier (most notably Mislead cheese) than the F/M/T.
>F/M/T can be tanky with stoneskin and mirror image
Jan hits Protection from Magical Weapons and Protection from Magical Energy earlier and reaches more level 6 spellslots, advances much faster in Mage letting him cap out on Stoneskins faster, and has Gnome saving throws for an additional defensive layer on top of all the usual goodies like Blur and Improved Invisibility. As a specialist, he is also left with many more spellslots after his prebuffing regime is done.
>F/M/T can wield Carsomyr
So can Jan. Furthermore, at 3,000,000 XP when this is even possible, Jan only loses three points of THAC0 and 1/2 APR to the Fighter hybrid. Fighter scaling on multiclasses, particularly triple classes, kicks in surprisingly late, and if you really insist on making someone a Carsomyr user (a good question would be "why", considering 2-handers suck for damage and the dispel on-hit is already available from Staff of the Magi), you might as well slap Tenser's Transformation for them to hit more accurately.

You can do all of that shit with Jan. And also, how does your argument make any sense when you complain Jan is a shit spellcaster but then you claim that
>all you need from your secondary arcane spell caster is breach and greater malison
when it's something that Jan does very well, better than most NPC mages due to his specialization giving him bonus spellslots?

Can't bring myself to play this. The gameplay is just so fucking shit and going back to the guy to ressurect my dudes is a pain in the ass.

Attached: eJwdzNsNwyAMAMBdGAAb3PDINohQghTqCLtfVXev1BvgPua9LrObU_WWHeAYUnkdVpRX6c125n61cg-xlScU1VLP2V4q4CM9MiES (296x292, 11K)

see

hows the port on the psx?

Maybe we just don't measure character strength the same way, I don't care if Jan becomes an ok spell caster for the last 5hours of the game if he'll always be behind pure classes.

I rather have my secondary arcane spell caster mixed with fighter so he can hit things in the head after helping in the mage duel and casting malisons and a triple class can do that just fine. I already have a pure spell caster for heavy duty spellcasting.

>Jan can backstab, tank and wield carsomyr
Good luck hiting anything with his abysmal THAC0 and no extra attacks per round that's what the triple class has over Jan, he can land those backstabs and dispels on hit. Tenser transformation locks you out of spell casting and you're still behind on attacks per round so I don't see the point.
>Carsomyr dps is shit
Dual wielding might be better but carsomyr offers 50% magic resistance, dispells on hit and reaches +6 wich is nothing to scoff at. He should also spec into staffs for staff of the ram

>Beamdog is going bankrupt
Sauce? Big if true.

SoD was a huge failure and WoTC took BG3 away from them,they've always been scummy pieces of shit in general,this is not surprising

ahaha, why would you do that to yourself

don't worry about it, axis and allies will be massive

>So if I don't import my character that means I'm gonna lag behind the entire time
Nah, those stat boosts are typically a fairly minor advantage. There's lots of stat-boosting equipment in BG2 you just might wind up making some different equipment choices that you might have otherwise.

>Pool of Radiance 2
It was the box art.

Attached: curse-of-the-azure-bonds-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x1218, 175K)

Except for clerics and druids, those 3 extra points of wisdom are pretty big early to mid game for them

will i like BG if i didn't like pillars 1?

I'm not even gonna read this post,not because of it's length but because the retarded fucking redditspacing

you would have already known that if you spent your time playing the game and not asking strangers on the internet for their subjective opinions

F

U

C

K

O

F

F

T

H

E

N

youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8

>for the last 5hours of the game
I literally gave you a fucking breakdown of how good he is throughout the entire game; you MUST be willfully ignorant to ignore it and keep yapping on about "the last 5 hours of the game". Feel free to have your own opinions but at least try acknowledging that no one is exalting Jan's virtues strictly at 8,000,000 XP. You keep harping on about how shit of a spellcaster he is when I keep showing you that he's not at all far behind at any stage of the game, that's something of your own fabrication.
>Good luck hiting anything with his abysmal THAC0
Already covered in the post you're responding to
>Tenser transformation locks you out of spell casting
which is why you only ever care about it if you're planning to go hard into melee. You are impossible; you harp on Jan for being a poor spellcaster because he seemingly can't do a number of physical tasks (he can, the maths prove it) and then when I provide you the means to optimize for backstabs you dismiss them because you want a caster. What do you actually want, user?
>no extra attacks per round
1,5 over Jan after all your bonuses (weapon specialization and Fighter levels); you only care about high APR with backstabs when you're using Assassination, and when you do get the HLA many enemies start becoming immune to backstab.
>Dual wielding might be better but carsomyr offers 50% magic resistance
You're an arcane spellcaster so you don't give a shit
>dispells on hit
You're an arcane spellcaster so you are already dispelling anything you might ever need
>reaches +6
something no enemies require to be hit

Do what you want with your playstyle but stop spreading falsehoods about Jan scaling poorly or projecting your inability to use wizards on other people, because Jan is the biggest toolbox in the entire game

based knowledgeable user btfoing a retard with logic and facts

>muh powergaming

kys nobody cares

also
>abysmal THAC0
in the early mid-game any Thief who is dedicated to backstabbing can mix
>Belt of 19 Strength (or Takkok's hands)
>Staff of Rynn +4
>attacking from stealth itself gives -4
to get a whopping -11 THAC0 on the backstabbing attack, and you can stack more bonuses on top of that as well.
Later you get better and higher enchanted weapons; the difference in THAC0 between Jan and F/M/T is really low for the entire time, and Jan gets higher-level backstabs earlier.
The lowest AC in the game is hovers around -11 / -13, and can be met as early as in the Underdark (Dtow guys with their plate mail), and at the time eiiher F/M/T or Jan would be in Underdark (around 2-3 million XP) the THAC0 difference is roughly three or four points. The ultimate difference in natural THAC0 between the two, at 8,000,000 XP, will be 8 points... at a point in the game where backstabs are less and less useful.

So, again, Jan isn't a bad backstabber compared to your F/M/T at all - until, ironically, what you deemed, "the last 5 hours of the game".

How?

but isn't she like all the way in waterdeep?

Attached: Confused Dungeon Adventure.png (314x278, 129K)

This isn't really a problem for a game where one of the sidequests involves sending a bunch of dudes back to Dragonlance.

>day 213
>still rolling for a 90 in my kensai...

doing gods work de-tranying the board

Attached: 1526138138020.png (750x775, 930K)

>even the "beamdog community" magazine is over

drop your charisma to 3 you fucking pleb

At this point you might as well just mod your game so you always get 90, or manually alter the char file

all three are cheating, two are just honest about it

Honestly the BG1 NPC project and both unfinished buisnesses are essential even for first playthrough imo.

never less than 10 in any stats, except for ugly, wimps or braindead characters

Is first Neverwinter Nights game good?

its alright, lewd mods are great

not really no. there's a lot of player made fanfic-tier content if you're into that. a lot of people seemed to like the underdark expansion - it was ok

Main campaign is boring as brown bread, skip it.
The expansions are fantastic, especially hordes of the underdark, but it's a sequel to shadows of the undrentide so play that first, the main campaign hardly factors into the expacs at all.
The real meat and potatos is user made modules, I would recommend swordflight and sands of fate, and maybe Gladiatrix and a dance with rogues if you are into that kind of thing

For easy mode
>Play Wizard

gay mode more like

it's all the worst hallmarks of bioware storytelling
>go to these three places one at a time (but in any order wow those choices) to find a mcguffin that has to do with AN ANCIENT EVIL about to awaken
except they do it FOUR FUCKING CHAPTERS IN A ROW

Hordes of the Underdark is pretty solid though. Undrentide is okay if only for Deekin.

HotU is pretty fucking KINO

>Bards in AD&D
>You can't fight or cast while doing bard song, and it only gives your party a +1 luck save

Attached: 1546632266410.jpg (832x584, 82K)

What modules do you recommend though? Aelund or whatever it was?

I should say that sands of fate is an epic adventure, you are intended to use your HotU char in it, the amount of munchkinery possible in it is frankly retarded, but fun.

darkness over daggerford

muh spells and lore

Is neverwinter nights even good? I'm mostly only playing it to roleplay as azula since her voice actor gives me a massive boner.

bards are top tier in IWD

>not playing based jester for the free Chaos on demand
seriously underrated

>Kits
>2000

Attached: 1542341757100.jpg (548x277, 49K)

Swordflight is very baldur's gate inspired. It's some good shit, hope you like deserts though.

>vanilla
i bet you only do missionary with the lights off, you sick fuck

play a bard kit
also actual p&p bards are better than that, the video game adaptations screwed them

No sex out of wedlock and only approved by holyness itself. Unless you are a corruption fetishit then you can go die

thought I'd ask a question about Planescape torment in this thread. So I just finished the dreambuilder and entered the dream, and it seems like the music track that plays there is missing? The fuck? the whole rest of the game has worked flawlessly and I can find no information online about this happening to anyone else. Playing the EE as I heard it was good unlike the BGEEs. very frustrating and bizarre. Guess I just play with no music?

Attached: stevepst.jpg (250x285, 22K)

>playing the EE

Attached: 1554906999848.png (569x548, 341K)

but everyone says the planescape EE is good.

pst ee is fine, just try not to pay any money for it

well it's obviously not good if it bugged out on ya innit

I thought Avellone and the team remastered the music for the EE. They might of removed that track on purpose. I can't remember.

the dream lasts like 3 minutes it's not a big deal

She looks cute. Is her mod good?

Pure.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
no

Blade is good in bg2 at least. The spin abilities are great. Never use the Bard song though which is a shame.

it's good if you take the Enhanced Bard Song HLA. you can even use Simulacrum to split bards to sing and do other things.

>Blade
I wanted a bard, not a special needs fighter wizard

well,you can use bard items which is a big plus,and you also get the melodic chain pretty easily in bg2
plus blade sounds cooler than fighter/mage

Opinions on
Fighter/Thief vs Fighter>Thief vs Stalker vs Assassin
No mage multiclasses

>special needs fighter wizard
luckily they're not that at all
>thief HLAs are superior to either fighter or mage HLAs
>UAI is fantastic (Scarlet Ninja-To, Jansen's Adventurewear in non-EE, etc.)
>they're one of the few classes that can AC tank in ToB (actually reaching the -24 cap in ToB means you can even avoid hits from enraged Fire Giants, especially when you consider that +slashing, +piercing and +bludgeoning modifiers to AC let you go beyond cap, e.g. with potion of absorption you can go into like -34 AC vs bludgeoning)
>Aslyferund's chain is nice
>they have higher and faster scaling on spells like Skull Trap due to their rapid advancement
>spins are very good
>Enhanced Bard Song nullifies their song disadvantage so they're good supports
Haer'dalis is ridiculously good
Blades have their place and they're not a strictly inferior multi- or dual-class.

single class thiefs are shit. best combos are

Kensai > Thief and Assassin > fighter

fighter/thief>fighter>thief>assassin>stalker

>Ninja-To
is this more or less gay than using a giant dildo

>Fighter/Thief
can be a halfling for saving throws or an elf, generally very good at all stages of the game, varied, can tank, can bacsktab, Fighter HLAs work well with the Thief part of the class, UAI is nice
>Fighter->Thief
you can be a Berserker for enrages or Kensai for bonus THAC0/damage, you have better HP than the multi and better Thac0/damage than the multi until around 3,000,000 XP if you dual out at level 9, or even moreso if at 13
>Stalker
open with backstab and CS/IH something to oblivion. armor of faith makes for a good tank.
>Assassin
go darts and toss poison weapon at 3 apr, transition into thief HLAs. fun and viable, but low-mid tier.