B>FAME

B>FAME

Attached: maple login.jpg (500x500, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F6LIFBVhObQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ddd2MInZXUU
youtube.com/watch?v=uv8QObpL2EY
youtube.com/watch?v=v-GtLObPoto
youtube.com/watch?v=fTYJEdEcTbA
youtube.com/watch?v=2NoF8PHQJqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ePUZA7yRJVM
youtube.com/watch?v=sNCwJu5Buz0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking take me back bros
Still no good private servers eh?
I played royals years ago and it was vote to win bullshit

there are good pservers but they have like 10 people

it just isn't fair

>tfw you've been around this festering corpse of a community so long you could probably name every single poster in a given MS nostalgia thread
It's time to let it go, friends.

Attached: 1561899695422.jpg (1900x1376, 1.47M)

Forget about private servers. The best way to re-experience nostalgia is these threads.

Close your eyes, listen and remember what those days were like:

youtube.com/watch?v=F6LIFBVhObQ

youtube.com/watch?v=ddd2MInZXUU

youtube.com/watch?v=uv8QObpL2EY

Remember all those friends you had? Remember grinding at pig beach? Remember the iron pig that always annoyed you? Remember looking for PQs? Remember that feeling of jubilation when your leader got you in?

>Autoloot drop trade
>Vac hack in the corner of Sleepywood
>CC hack
>dc hack
>nx cash
yea FUCK KOREANS AND FUCK NEXON

Remember henehoes?

Attached: MapleStory-BasilMarket-Screen-176367.jpg (800x600, 144K)

Remember walking to CVS to buy an NX card so you could marry your Maple GF? Remember inviting your whole guild and friends list only to find out that you had to do a series of quests before the marriage? Remember doing APQ for the first time thinking the apples were going to make you rich, only to find out that it was absolute ass to get through and never touching it again? Remember when your laptop broke and when you logged in again months afterward only to find a dead guild and a notice of annulment?

>you will never spend late nights skyping with your maple girlfriend again
Missed my chance at a asian gf bros...

DAMN. You just know they’re all successful too

Attached: B732A279-8333-437D-BFF5-74106DCC61BB.jpg (250x250, 15K)

>He doesn't play Reboot
Just fucking play it, it's free, and you get to relive your childhood

Attached: smug orb.png (230x240, 76K)

Is it sad that MS from 2004-2009 were the happiest moments of my life?

Yeah I remember grinding Monster Carnival until I got stuck at level 47
Fuckin hated it

APQ was fun, cunter.

They take a shitload of time to develop for any version that's past v83
A friend was working on a v162 one but the other people that were working with him lost interest, so much wasted potential

Attached: 44160986_p2.png (650x780, 709K)

i used to be a guild leader for about 30 people. Everyone loved me and said hi when i logged in. Had ton of friends, kept a community together. Ill never be so loved ever again.

Attached: 1562293911180.jpg (1439x1089, 300K)

How is Archived?

>NX card
i forgot i used to buy these cards way too much back then

Attached: 8602005_sa.jpg (354x500, 63K)

What made it good was the people playing it so a private server cant revive those moments.

I ragequit maple because ultimately i found that the people playing it weren't that friendly.
Always ignored and played the entire time solo grinding mobs and doing quests while traveling the world.

Why must you make me feel these feels

Attached: 1519708307019.png (480x463, 136K)

You think spending money and trying to socialize more would've made the game a better experience?

lith harbor is truly a GOAT soundtrack.

But it doesn't feel like my 2005 maplestory.

Remember the countless hours you spent doing this PQ?

youtube.com/watch?v=v-GtLObPoto

Attached: lpq.png (800x600, 416K)

Name a more comfier zone.
protip:you can't.

Attached: maplestory7.jpg (800x600, 82K)

hhg1 and it's not even close

I really feel bad making my mom spend money on these now because now it was just money thrown away.

Attached: 1493565401805.png (900x1008, 805K)

Sure, here.

Attached: Maplestory-BasilMarket-Screen-227876-1.jpg (1024x505, 260K)

i got nostalgic beyond measure

>numaple
idiot

It wasn't thrown away if it was an experience that meant something to you. And since you're here with us, it must have meant something.

That is pre-bb maple though.

runescape was better.

Tibia was better.

Way to expose yourself as a lying, idiotic zoomer. You never played old Maplestory.

Based retard.

I feel bad for spending so many allowances and so much birthday/christmas money on them. Fuck, I could've built my PC half a decade sooner than I did.

Remember the Orbis ship rides? Remember playing the drop game in the cabin?

youtube.com/watch?v=fTYJEdEcTbA

Attached: L9wPZfs.png (800x600, 459K)

Remember the Gobi grind?

Attached: deepsea.jpg (800x608, 194K)

>the day they ruined pqs

Attached: 1.jpg (640x636, 95K)

Are there still good 2D MMOs out there?
I have kind of holidays after finishing my exams

Reboot

I'll try it out tonight
Can you still play the animal tamer class in reboot? That was my favorite when I last played

>drop game.

Real nibbas played Omok

Tfw you will never wake up early on a sunday morning just to grind your level 10 mage for a couple of hours before your big brother gets up and kicks you off the pc for the rest of the day.

My account got wiped for inactivity. But I still remember the day Orbis went live. First time we finally got a new world to explore. And the 30 minute trip felt like an actual adventure.

Still had my beta bandana too. Fucking sucks that that shit is gone forever.

Attached: 4A1C79E2-1498-4A8D-9AE0-592217C1CDE6.jpg (342x401, 42K)

there are no good mmos
they died with 00s internet culture

>133 221 333 123 111
How the fuck do I still remember

pls no

Attached: 1537447127688.jpg (655x554, 94K)

man I found this game through my cousins, and played it for the first time when it was raining.
youtube.com/watch?v=2NoF8PHQJqQ

>literally met a dude who worked at Disney Land in his country
>he was the designated Alladin cosplayer
>always thought it was the coolest shit that I was friends with Alladin on Maplestory
I miss those days

Attached: 1509838067688.jpg (500x500, 61K)

mmos are just too streamlined these days for me to enjoy. inconvenient things like taking a boat to orbis or having to go to a crowded place to find a party was part of the experience that made you interact with other players. everything now is just designed to speed you along to end game because it's all the most vocal of autists care about in any game. played maple from 05-08 and i didn't get higher than level 45 on any character but i have more great memories from it than any other mmo i tried after.

you don't get anything out of that inconvenience anymore. there's no one to interact with on those long ass boat trips so you're just afking there for no reason

Yeah you can play any class except for Zero.

Join the guild Archived when you log in. They're the Yea Forums guild.

>missing the point
Based retard.

well yeah of course there isn't, that's my whole point. as mmos become more streamlined with things like auction houses, dungeon/party finders, easy teleportation and such players have less reasons to gather or interact. sure they save time but the point of an mmo has never been to rush to end game content and then wait around for devs to add more stuff.

There's a lot of modern examples of forced interaction in the game so it's not just the player base that's interested in creating a more social experience. There's usually very little incentive to do it unfortunately.

Party Quests and Party Play areas were popular for a while but they nerfed the EXP you get for the former and nerfed the Party EXP share, so it's always slower to train in a party. The only incentive to ever party up with anyone is to carry someone through a boss or if you need the DPS for an endgame boss like Will or Lucid

Thanks, can't wait for tonight

they ruined it for me. you look it up and only get the mobile game. you go on the subreddit and it's been replaced with the mobile game instead of being archived.

there's a few private servers but it's nothing like playing everyday with my friend and looking forward to all the new character releases that were already out in korea.

Attached: IvCkPXe6Dhb2zD98Je_2UIJ7laQlvdkFD7jZlDFk7ApD7CdRWibD3XE5OkMeHhSjj5R8[1].png (512x250, 261K)

Yeah i have to agree with that stuff in regards to bossing. The more i think about it, the more i notice a disconnect in regards to intent. Things like muto and comerci really showed that there was in interests to focus on an older format but, changes like boss orbs and party play zones being locked to low level content really confuses me.

Seriously wtf is wrong with royals? And do NOT say the market. It's not that bad as people say.

>Kimberly
pretends to be a female and uses his maplelegends servers to ddos competitors

I played between 2003-2004, and logged in under a year ago for the first time.
It looks like shit now.
Sprites in various sizes, NPC with different art style and size.
Shopping district trash in a fantasy world
Large attention seeking speech bubbles from NPC with way too much make up.

I feel I left at peak of comfy.

Attached: Chibin.png (78x105, 10K)

Nobody is going to play with you, idiot.

mapu sutori

It's actually called "Kekek Nida" in Chinese.

Are you retarded? It was only like 12 months ago Legends was being DDOS'd hard for months while Royals was mysteriously thriving.

doesnt change the fact kimberly ddoses smaller servers

>no proof
You're still dumb.

I don't care, I just want a reason why it's avoided when people make threads wanting to play pre bb Maplestory.

Don't get so triggered.

based trap rim licker

>kart rider
holy shit, what happened to this game?

So you got no proof and just insult people for calling you out? Ok, stay an idiot the rest of your life.

you get very defensive when someone insults the integrity of a server
strange, no?

ITT:
Kiddy "cyber"war.

Hope you get killed on street, fucking faggots.

OUT! OUT!!! OUT!!!!!!!! CLICK!!! Fucking noob party leader. XxXSasuke69XxX has left the party.

the amount of NX in that is actually repulsive. And it's NX that I'm not familiar with. I suppose I'm way more old school than this maple time period depicted in this picture.

S>NX. 100% legit. Trade first.

I guess that guild is on America?

it went on to be pretty good for another 5 or so years desu.

I had a girlfriend in MapleStory called Caitlin. When she broke up with me for another guy, I destroyed all my weapons/armour and quit the game. I haven't played since.

i remember competing in maplestory fashion shows and everything was social back in some private servers around a decade ago

I'm just correctly highlighting your stupidity. By all means stay mad.

>this maple time period depicted in this picture
It's Maplelegends, a private server. To get NX you just have to vote on a website once a day.

Of course. I would've thought EU Reboot is dead by now.

do you read this board? you do realize that every comment you see about a game is complaining to cater towards some random thoughts they had. noone would look at any element of a game and say to themselves "ah yes, amazing what theyve done here". obviously you exclude diehard fans from that statement

thoughts?

Attached: Maplestory-BasilMarket-Screen-229531-1.jpg (800x600, 250K)

I'm under no illusions that I can go back to that time, but are any of these other games I hear about worth any of my time? Soul Saver, LaTale, NosTale?

kill yourself retard

local masochistic faggot tries to ruin fun to get stepped on- you'll never guess what happens next

Attached: 1556820843025.gif (500x281, 470K)

>Tfw fell for the trap and played reboot to level 240 before getting completely exhausted
Reading kms patch notes saying they are reducing the exp requirements up to 234 pisses me off
You have to be really crazy to reach level 250 and higher though

Attached: DenT2TUVAAAD9J.jpg_orig.jpg (1075x1518, 259K)

Zero is pretty cool but didn't they get nerfed into oblivion

Based on what?

Man, even nuMaple circa 2010-2015 had soulful official art. Then they went full edgelord later on.

>

Attached: tumblr_inline_o22sk50s291r7lt99_1280.jpg (1280x641, 244K)

I hope you're not insinuating that as a positive example.

>

Attached: Heroes_of_Maple_-_Credits_3.png (672x550, 274K)

What happened to OldSchool Maplestory?

Zero was fun

Do you remember?

youtube.com/watch?v=ePUZA7yRJVM

Attached: Maplestory-BasilMarket-Screen-230794-1.jpg (800x600, 232K)

Thanks user, that's a beautiful way of putting it.

Maybe playing on America will be fine
Although as far as I remember, even playing on EU there was very noticeable lag

This is the one that will always give me that sense of adventure:

youtube.com/watch?v=sNCwJu5Buz0

>Maplestory
>Grandchase
>Bots!!
>Poptag
>Kartrider
God I miss the MMO golden age

As long as you're not playing Mihile, you should be fine.

J>PQ

Attached: MapleStory-BasilMarket-Screen-163447.jpg (800x608, 223K)

Nexon NA pretty much fucked over any chances of it plus it’s merchandise being successful in the west. It’s a shame because it looked like it could’ve done pretty fairly well over here if it had a proper localization team.

GIVE MESO

Attached: 1563705083992.png (639x776, 55K)

Attached: Ludipqboss.jpg (800x600, 122K)

>browsing through random channels in Maya's house
>meet lots of new friends

Attached: 1517813447784 - Copy (2).jpg (508x267, 44K)

the mark of the beta is for life

Is masteria still around in reboot?

Yea

T>fame, you fame first

J>PQ@@@
@@@@@
@@@@@
@@@@@
@@@@@