UNIST Thread

Chase the stagnation away

Attached: DGqN-TrUAAANZ-u.jpg orig.jpg (473x353, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smash.gg/tournament/super-saturday-s-reboot/details
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pass is vee

Attached: DJc5D9WV4AATIyZ.jpg orig.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Absolved

Attached: PS_Messages_20190722_223933.jpg (1919x915, 143K)

It's all ogre

Attached: 50634624_p5.jpg (320x320, 112K)

HELP HOW DO I BEAT ATIC IF I ONLY PLAY MIKA AND IM BAD

>Motherboard exploded
>Car accident
>Injured leg
>All in the same day
Today just isn't right

You keep fighting him until you blow up his OS

> play mika
bait his OS'es and TRM him with mika's 214x that exists for that specific reason
> I'm bad
then git gud

Attached: 0fjmclz6i5p21.jpg (1535x1248, 1.32M)

Jesus and I'd call it off for the 1st one alone.
Time to back up my saves now that you mentioned it

Hippie you planning on going to this? me and some of the locals are heading out to play smash.gg/tournament/super-saturday-s-reboot/details

>back to "router in the microwave" connection with Razzy

Attached: 1552746992099.gif (400x279, 1.75M)

I think the mindgames in this fight have surpassed mortal understanding. That or the lag.

>this saturday
Fug, I had plans for the night.
When does UNI start? I can at least bar crawl late with my friends later in the day but if UNI is at night then I might not be able to

Attached: 20170719225617.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

fuck you razzy

Attached: IMG_20190318_142311.png (197x240, 62K)

>dashblock this gunshot in all these frames
>you see this 66C?

Attached: 1408799587022.gif (148x111, 264K)

Alright gonna be honest, now is not the best time for me to play. The weather is fucking going crazy over here so I might be a lil laggy tonight. More than usual at least.

Attached: Elt Dab.png (366x318, 242K)

bracket start time hasn't been posted yet but I'd assume uni would be run earlier than the bigger games.

If you're in socal there's currently a thunderstorm going on so it'll be a bit fuzzy.
I saw it go by since that stuff swerves around us due to elevation

pclobby is up

Keep me updated then, I can probably squeeze on by from noon til like 6 at least depending how early my friends want to go eat.

Not socal, but that storm is over here now.

Attached: 67943712_p1.jpg (1550x870, 234K)

im bad how do i put him in a situation where he uses the os
thanks

if no one joins I'm gonna migrate to PS

Attached: D73258wVUAA5AsP.jpg large.jpg (1000x1000, 81K)

Sorry for accidentally making a second thread

I'm having some trouble with Nanase 3-2 but I'm really close

Attached: 1559443035758.gif (456x404, 326K)

I can never find the pc lobbies, even when I have "pclobby" as a keyword. It's just "No rooms were found".

America is storm central because it was stormy for this whole damn month in the midwest

threaten him with 2A pressure and tic throws. and the occasional assault attack. once he starts OSing to deal with those options start staggering your normal pressure and throw in a 214 to catch him green shielding or 3ABD OS'ing.

Attached: EADnPOtUEAA3JtZ.jpg (1325x2048, 529K)

Wish all those new faces last week would drop by again. I wonder where they came from all of a sudden?

Download regions are a thing for PC

check your region on steam

That felt like it was more than 6f for some reason.

Steam Summer Sale? Brief EVO hype before not wanting to practice syndrome?

ok thanks a bunch love you long time

They were all from the general.

Oooh. Any of the US regions is what I need then?

There’s unist players in the general? All I ever saw them talk about is blazblue

are you US/Canada? if our connection sucks I'm gonna duck you and go anyway

Attached: 1548387687586.jpg (708x814, 52K)

I wonder what made them come here

Could be but they weren't names I recognize like Melk and Frank.

It just isn't the same

Attached: 1559416588608.jpg (2000x1000, 260K)

Meant for

EU

my internet is good. we can try it.

I only really say that because one of them was vapidly shitposting and the rest seemed to know that guy

Ah, then it might've been because of Lain who signed up for the tournament which resulted in bringing a few his orbiters to the threads.

Hope at least a few of them that are seriously into the game stick around and improve because I could see potential in some of them.

For me its the summer sale and one of my friends convinced me to get it. I dont regret it one bit.
Gomna warm up a but before I jump into the pclobby

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_hollow_ataraxia_and_etc_drawn_by_zonotaida__a2df3955edc552ec223e704f1716bbe2.j (1000x1400, 131K)

alright that backfired i'm not even able to approach him
do i just wait for vorpal to do stuff
if you're talking about me and asin, he's been sick recently and i've been playing ff14
i just wanted to play some unist and didnt realize these threads were a thing until recently

Ooh, I just can't deal with zoners

Nanase's 3-2 is driving me crazy

I've been trying to complete it for 30 minutes and I still can't do it

Glad to have you guys aboard. Looking forward to our future matches!

> do I just wait for vorpal
you're playing the shortest range character in the game, it's on you to get in on him. remember to dashblock to avoid getting clipped by thrusts. If he's jumping back try to catch it with 623x,x and if he's backdashing use missle to catch him out of that. the matchup sucks but it's not impossible.

Attached: 510637272987729920.png (128x128, 32K)

Is that one of the ones that ends with something like 2C 3C j2C? Those enders are worthless since they require a jump cancel, just skip it.

Is it the jump cancel that's throwing you off? Where are you stuck?

... j.2c 2c 3c j.2c

I can't get from the 3c to j.2c

Ah so it is the jump cancel. Well in all of my matches against Nanase they almost never use the air fireball reset so I'd take 's advice and move on.

Took me awhile to nail it too but I've yet to see it used as a regular combo ender in matches.

For my own future reference, how do you jump cancel?

I'm not maining Nanase specifically but she is one of the characters I'm trying to scout out to get a feel for, and knowing how to jump cancel will be probably be useful regardless of who I end up maining

>how do i jump cancel
Literally press a button and then jump

simply hitting up on your controller of choice after an attack, so say 3C will get you jump cancel.

RAZZY

Attached: FrameDelay.jpg (642x483, 56K)

Damn, am I the ninth man, or did you all change the password and not tell me?

That was 4-5 (four to five) frames. Please understand.

Attached: Ao Disappointment.png (566x573, 475K)

Late to the party unfortunately. If you want to make a lobby 2, feel free to and I'll hop on and play with ya.

lobby's full

Yeah I don't think I can pull that off at my current level, but thank you for explaining the mechanic for me

> please understand
please reset your router or leave

Do I use this chance to bitch out and watch anime?

3C to jump cancel after doing all of that charge attacking and stuff and following up with j.2C to j.236B can be pretty jarring so I don't blame you.

I'll reset it just for you, but I'm gonna be mad if it's still going on.

God I have no idea what to do into Hilda

Attached: 1547846850483.jpg (540x720, 33K)

haven't played in a while (again), guess i should derust

That depends on if what you watching is good anime or not.

I only bought the game like a week ago and I don't have a history with fighting games so I'll just keep plugging away at Missions until I improve

Lobby has 1 more slot now

Thanks for the games. My head's all fuzzy due to all the things so I'm having trouble keeping up.
Hopefully it'll be more clear tomorrow.

There's room now

Attached: 1563815829881.jpg (1500x2318, 612K)

I just gotta watch more of that Sympho. I hate the singing, but the rest of it's great. Loving the voice cast.

Don't worry, clearlamp hates it too.
Just remember if you have a far-reaching reversal, you can punish by shielding pillar and then trying something

Mika-mind

Attached: 1552779739153.gif (500x500, 278K)

I wasn't tryna rob anybody of their spot, don't deprive yourself on account of me.

You block and pray to God she whiffs a button. Once you get in on a Hilda and put them in a corner they melt.

you're*

My typing ability has been degenerating lately.

Don't forget that you also have to learn how fighting real players is like too so don't be afraid to join the lobbies and lose abit until you get a feel for your opponents' character playstyles.

Best of luck in that mission mode training though!

Right on. It gets more ridiculous as it goes on so if you like ridiculous stories, you're in for a treat.

>hilda is supposed to get btfo by hyde
>hard as fuck to even touch let alone keep in the corner
yeah haha just dashblock fellas

Hilda literally dies to anyone in the corner, just more against people with 5 frame 2As

Thanks user

Attached: 1551853954577.jpg (423x753, 97K)

I'm noticing a lot of dropped inputs lately
here's hoping my cable is just shitty and I don't need to open my box up and do more soldering...

Attached: 1558505166095.png (785x529, 338K)

Merk, you fraud, you said my frames would be fixed if I reset my router.

Attached: Elt with a Gun.jpg (198x196, 39K)

everyone dies in the corner

Don't worry about that. I was planning on leaving after my turn was up in the first place

not my fault your internet sucks.

>remember to dashblock
i need to practice this a lot more, i think i'm either timing the input wrong or im just doing it too slow because half the time i try to dash block i get hit anyways

make sure to use the A+B macro. if you can dashblock the vatista laser tutorial, you can dashblock anything.

To be honest, I've only noticed the lag in this game. Most online games I usually have no lag when playing, even other fightan games. Truly an excellent experience from French Bread.

Dang, I guess with those two rounds I'll call it a night. Good beatings, Razzy. The corner was pleasant as always.

I wish some of you played outside of the lobbies so I don't have to wait through 7 people to get a rematch

I never get randomly bad connections like this with any of the other regulars, this ain't the net codes fault.

put up another room then

Who do you want to fight? Some might

Outside of just practice, make sure you're timing them correctly. It still takes 5+ frames to do so you can literally walk into projectiles/slashes.

Aww dang I thought I had you there hahaha.

That would've been a sweet CVO combo off a DP starter though if you landed it.

Challenge someone, I doubt they'll refuse

Attached: D0LWutcV4AI-IMP.png orig.png (870x610, 514K)

lamp if you're here and still want to ft10, give me a time/day

Attached: D5Ioo2SUEAAF-K_.jpg large.jpg (765x817, 102K)

Maybe it just ain't supposed to be. Should I swap my wifi to Del Taco, maybe IHOP?

Attached: Ai yi.png (237x292, 165K)

What platform are you on? Also I'd argue that watching others fight is a good way to get knowledge on how to approach the match vs them in my opinion.

Aight, that's it for me pc dudes. It was nice playing and getting wrecked by Phonon and Hilda

Tomorrow 1 hour before the lobby?

jokes aside you are wired, right?

It's time to upgrade to department store mall wifi
But seriously, go give an earful to your provider again and accuse them of throttling your connection

PC, I haven't launched the game in a while so I just wanted to get back into the groove

Ggs my dude, they're both hard matchups for Wald.

Well it sounds like PC lobby isn't too big right now if you wanted to join them.

yeah i managed to do the tutorial and i do use the a+b macro, but i don't know if that really counts since its just an isolated environment, doing it in real matches is a lot harder for me. part of the reason is i feel i have to move my stick too much to do it quickly and cleanly.
im guess its a combination of me doing it late and doing it a bit slow.

I don't know why everyone says Razzy is laggy, my connection with him is fine most of the time.
Could be better considering we're both California.

Same here except for that earlier match having a few spikes here and there. Also California.

I'm fine with him too for pretty much the same reasons

Man I can't do anything with my Yuzu tonight. Feel really sloppy

sure, that works for me
same pass as always

Welcome to me yesterday. Hopefully time helps you out like it did me.

T-thanks IWEX...

really hoping a new cable fixes this but it's only my C button so I'm worried lads

Attached: D674AjhWwAAI5KK.jpg (1536x2048, 333K)

I was fully expecting the IW

> I live 20 miles away from him, why is your connection worse when your only 200 miles away.
It truly is a mystery. Same reasoning every JP dev gives for why they don't put in ggpo over their garbage first party netcode.

Attached: untitled.png (888x1008, 1.26M)

I wonder what Mike "Mike Ross" Ross is up to.

Probably would’ve actually came. I literally spammed that shit right after the ex fireball and it didn’t pop until he was 2 meters away from it

please kidnap kamone at EVO and don't let him leave the hotel room until he pinky promises to put GGPO in CLR

also if you want I can play on pad if you're getting ready for evo matches, I'm still not as strong on hitbox yet and there may be something wrong internally. new cable coming tomorrow so hopefully that fixes it.

Arcsys is behind network mode
Kidnap Kidooka and Ishiwatari instead

That would be ideal, please do

I don't feel like I deserved that win, hahaha.

GGPO's probably hopeless, but I know Kamone plays DOA6 so I really hope at the very least CL-R takes the wifi/ethernet indicator idea from there. Every game needs that.

who do you have in bracket that you're worried about? or if there's anything about the matchup you want to know I might be able to help
also pad may now be weaker since I haven't touched it, I'll give it a try tomorrow and go with whatever feels best

>who do you have in bracket that you're worried about?
Senaru, but there's a bunch of match ups I don't feel comfortable with in general

>or if there's anything about the matchup you want to know I might be able to help
How the hell do I deal with j.[C]? If the answer is not jumping against Phonon, how do I deal with 3C

I didnt have too many issues with raz and I'm in east texas

Attached: 1496881990750.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Dang, that was a sweet 5B conversion (at least I believe that's what it was) on Clawz's part.

Man you know I'm playing bad if I can't even touch claws. Maybe I'll take the night off. See ya later

Attached: D7vj0jmVUAA4xAX.jpg origl.jpg (863x1135, 250K)

Yea
I really doubt that my internet is being throttled when my internet speed is consistent with and without my VPN on.
Also, I'm not California, I'm Nevada. Either way, still west coast.

Attached: Eltnum D.png (512x512, 12K)

Once CLR comes out I'm joining the UNI gang

Shit I knew that 236C IWEX wasn't going to be enough but I was too scared of dropping to go for the 214C loops

Dang, that was a solid train run on us Clawz. Nice stuff!

Why not join now.

Sure you are

Isn't CLR coming in like a month?
I torrented Latest and liked it so yes

CLR hasn't even been officially announced yet.

It's going to cost $20 tomorrow. You might as well get your shit pushed in now.

CLR hasn't even been acknowledged by the devs. It could come out as soon as they announce it after EVO or any time after. Nothing about it is official.

Attached: 1557466161606.jpg (1280x640, 61K)

>dealing with 3c
honestly just stand in range of it and either bait it or teleport. it's a huge risk in the yuzu matchup because she can punish it extremely well. autopilot 3c is a deathwish in neutral. if you're referring to in strings, watch the mix between 236[b] and 623b. you can get out of the first by buffering a jump after the 3c but the latter will punish opponents trying to jump out.
>j[c]
I mean it's slower than it looks, but it depends whether you mean in an offensive or defensive usage. If you suspect someone's gonna jump in at you with it you can anti air it pretty easily. if someone is running away and doing j[c] just run under it and watch the mix between fireball and falling j5a.

honestly while I wouldn't structure your gameplan the way icey does, things like those random teleports are hard to deal with since some of Pho's options are very high commitment and you're taking huge risks when you try call her out. On that note her OS game is also weak so using Yuzu's assault mix with j2c/partial charge j2[c]/throw/assault again/2a/trm is very strong against her if Pho shows that she just wants to down back you.

apologies for my last few matches, I was busy blogposting

Ggs PC lads. Im glad to see these lobbies getting some new blood in here. Also were you having controller issues during our match park?

Attached: 1554965469208.jpg (1448x2048, 401K)

People also forget air-shield is a thing against phonon j[C]
But people hardly air shield in general

Take it easy and see ya next time. Also thanks for getting me back on board the Symphogear train if that was you.

The last episode that aired had a pretty crazy twist at the end.

I accidentally pressed random and I have no idea how to play Yuzu, if I wasn't hosting I would have left. Sorry about that. ggs, hope to play ya again soon.
my C button is also on the fritz, but I should be able to resolve that soon

Even though j was hyped for it I still have yet to start watching it. Though I have them downloaded

>all these neutral IWEXS
You guys are playing with Icey too much

But its funny when it hits

Attached: 1559150189975.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Can you play online with a pirated copy with legit people?

>press 2c 4 times in a row
>nothing
I think I'm done for tonight. I'm curious as to what happened to my cable/hitbox between today and yesterday

ggs all, hope to see some of the new players again soon and play the rest of you at full strength tomorrow.

Attached: 1559661182017.png (1536x2048, 1.59M)

>1F
>Still can't properly delay Hyde rekka
I should really make an attempt at labbing him.

Attached: How do I play UNIST.png (300x300, 69K)

>rion here bullying the new blood
of all the nights to have my shit break

Attached: isntitsad.jpg (239x211, 12K)

I'm trying to learn Hyde, how do I open people up?

walkup got bored of modding?

Jokes on him I enjoy getting manhandled when I'm learning

Attached: 1544684365188.jpg (463x531, 69K)

he picked the wrong night for the PC lobby, not many strong players today

his dash attacks and 22x do a pretty good job of opening me up.

>8 frames

Attached: 1563306017086.png (1200x1200, 2.38M)

>missed the parry
Ouch

Attached: 1563493833041.gif (404x250, 2.37M)

That was a pretty nutty conversion off of 623C in the corner.

Also, I'm guessing the lag was intense judging by the frame freezes.

It's funny because those last 3 matches were pretty much perfect, frame-wise.
Of course it would jump up right when I fight Hippie.

Attached: eltnam.png (700x832, 192K)

Nice, haven't played him in ages

On a whim I remembered I can do shit like that

>atic is here now too
fuck, it's been too long and I want to play you again. we haven't played since before you took off the 6b training weights.

anyway I need to turn off my computer so I'm gonna close the lobby after this one so you'll have to remake

Remade.

Also I seem to be unable to defend properly against Akatsukis now, eating all the B tatsu overheads and didn't 3BAD properly a single time.

ggs. It is getting way too late for me to deal with this lag.

Attached: D_ChCgIXYAIR1r7.jpg large.jpg (1451x2048, 247K)

GGs. It has been abit laggier than usual. Hopefully next session is alittle smoother. See ya next time!

That was a close one. Nice dash in hippie.

Well this is bad, my C button isn't working either

Has anyone here customized their own stick? How easy is it to swap parts?

Every time I throw out a raw IWEX, I feel Hippie's disappointment grow bigger.

Attached: Neco Sion.png (136x125, 2K)

It'll depend what stick you have, some have a hinge and you can just pop it open, others will require more disassembly

For buttons, you can literally just open up the back, unplug two cables and pop them out. It's ez.

post pics of stick and under the hood

It's a normal Hori RAP 4

While we're on the topic, any button recommendations?

Well if it's a last ditch option I don't see it being too bad while in the corner personally, especially against his Seth who is jumping all over the place.

Not hippie by the way.

I need to remember to use VO enders to take away CS more

That first part of the first round was dirty with lag, but it quickly fixed itself I guess.

Whew, even with 4 bar connection that was abit laggy haha.

uhhh pc bros?

PC lobby exploding tonight it seems.

It's exactly what I posted here in that case.
Some people like the default buttons, but I found that they were too sensitive and switched to Sanwas. Accidentally skipping in the lobby was not fun.

Yeah I wonder what's happening tonight. Strange happenings indeed.

Shit, the game crashed on me for some reason and now I have to restart Steam to make it detect my controller. This PC port hates my fucking guts.

Someone else up to make it?

Might call it early tonight due to tiredness. Just a couple more lobby 1

That was a cashmoney combo Clawz.

kk I got it

Sounds good. It was a fun albit laggy night tonight.

Also, Raz is getting those IWEXs off like crazy.

GGs lobby 1

Attached: 50566466.jpg (646x604, 93K)

GGs

GGs lads, would stick around for another lobby but my CS bros are urging my to play with em so I'll have to get that fix with you all next night.

Also got a trip to Disney tomorrow so getting some sleep will definitely help in that category.

Thanks for the games and see ya all next time!

Attached: linne500inp.jpg (928x200, 218K)

GGs, hopefully my lag will be better on Wednesday.

Attached: 62708561_p1.jpg (800x800, 88K)

Fuck me, the game disconnected me again. It looks like any little jiggle of the ports has a chance of fucking the whole thing up.

GGs and thanks as always for the fun experiences!

Stay safe and don't get lost in Disney. Those damn mascot actors enjoy kidnapping people.

Attached: Ao.png (368x512, 267K)

time for some new cords I guess

>he has a date at disney tomorrow

Thankfully I've learned the ins and outs of the park's infrastructure so that shouldn't be an issue.

Being an employee helps alot with this. It seems the park has been looking pretty dead lately. Hope to avoid an incident like the Toontown once that happened recently though.

If only, haha. Taking some friends out for a birthday visit.

wtf happened with that IW

I did get new cords a week or so ago, my controller used to have a chance to d/c randomly.

I just need a new toaster.

I was dumb and wallbounced you right before the IW which made it whiff. Should've gone for a different ender

>dont get lost in Disney
ironic Aoko

She's a smart girl, don't bully her.

Attached: a.png (1024x576, 389K)

All right, can't stay up too late since I have work.

ggs everyone

ggs. see ya tomorrow

GGs pclobby
Gotta call it quits here

Attached: evilpriest.jpg (1002x647, 60K)

Smarter than me
I wish I could read Moon or French to finish her story. Her and Alice became some of my favorite typemoon characters in general

GGs pclobby. Hope to see you guys again tomorrow

Attached: 7785705b6420931dbf1bde161772fc56919f2dc8.jpg (800x800, 308K)

Well I won at least 1 game tonight, that's an improvement.

Question: Is there an order to go about reading nasuverse content?

Chronologically while they might share some characters between franchises they are all seperate timelines for the most part
I do recommend starting with either Tsukihime or Fate though as those are the earliest works and are still pretty solid. Mahoyo is good too but its only translated to french or up to chapter 8 ish in English with the teanslation status on indefinite haitus
Thats my tldr

Attached: 20190723_014001.jpg (1080x1264, 459K)

>teanslation
I'm way too tired for this

Thanks for the recs. I've only watched a fair amount of the Fate adaptations and 1 movie of Kara no Kyokai so far so I'd like to get invested in reading one of these VNs for once.

Hopefully they'll be easy to find, glad it's mostly standalone for the most part too. Cheers m8!

Also too bad about that Mahoyo stuff. Is there a reason there's no official translation or is the official translation the one that's in hiatus?

There should be a mega link for Tsukihime on /jp/ in typemoon general
And the others should be there too
Have fun!

Nice, looking forward to it after my free time opens up later today. Thanks again!

No its a fan translation so there were a fair amount of mistakes and as a result he dropped the project as he continues to pearn Japanese unfortunately. What is done is very good still so I can still recommend it

Well in that case I'll start with Tsukihime and make my way towards it. Appreciate all the help.

If you're starting with Tsukihime, be sure to play Kagetsu Tohya and the original Melty Blood afterwards. Also Akiha and Sion are best girls

I'd argue Hisui was best

Attached: __hisui_tsukihime_drawn_by_shiseki_hirame__e07011d402e42a8cddf278646c7dbfdf.jpg (429x1103, 159K)

The original Melty Blood? Is it a different story from Actress Again or whatever it's called?

Actress Again is a sequel and I'm not sure how canon it is due to how there's no story mode but instead arcade modes for each character. Melty Blood has a proper VN format and if I remember correctly branches off from a hypothetical Sacchin route.

RIP ;_;

Neat, all this guidance is definitely gonna help me out. thanks yet again!

You could also play Fate/SN instead first as it's the more popular entry to the Type Moon universe. Tsukihime's art and music is heavily dated too.

Aside from sharing the same concept of how magic works, these two are completely unrelated and basically take place in alternative universes. Vampires don't exist in Fate and Heroic Spirits don't exist in Tsukihime.

Funnily enough, my first exposure to Fate was through a download expecting an RPG and didn't understand that it's supposed to be read as a book (my first exposure to VNs) so I turned away from it as a kid.

I'll look into this too then, much thanks!

I only finished it all 3 weeks ago and her route still hurts