I'LL TELL YOU WHAT THE REAL FLAWS OF THE WITCHER 3 ARE:

It's the main plot, open world and the level requirements of missions.

You can't make a open world game if the fucking main plot is about a freaking rescue god damn. it's like "GO GERALT SAVE CIRI!, but chill, why not just take a lil' rest and play gwent... BUT QUICKLY GERALT THEY GOT HER!" I hate that, it's not immersive, the only thing I feel is that the game just progresses when I progressed, there's no feeling of danger, you know that ciri won't die when you're fucking around the world and not doing the main missions, fallout 4 has the same flaw (if you didn't play it is rescuing your son).

And the "you need X level to do this mission" it's bullshit even in fucking skyrim you can do whatever the fuck you wanted, this game was obviously planned of been more linear like the other 2 the witcher's, they put that level requirement to not fuck around too much and limiting the player's experience.
But besides that I really like the game, it could have been better, if you just go for the main plot and then do secondary missions the game is awesome, it literally isn't desing to go wherever you want. CD Project just made the open world to impose their big penis and show that they can do it, and besides saying "OPEN WORLD GAME" sells more than "A AWESOME LINEAR EXPERIENCE"

Attached: Geralt.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

mad cuz bad

Attached: 1514240691045.jpg (400x300, 37K)

Attached: why.png (540x537, 456K)

I totally agree with the first half of your post. However, about the "you need X level to do this mission" part, just git gud my friend. I remember doing the Wyvern mother contract in southern Velen when I was WAY underleveled according to the game. Quen is your best tool and all you need to do is learn the ennemy's pattern and then you're good. Kinda like Dark Souls and level 1 runs.

I've tried at least 3 separate times to get into this game. I can't get past the abysmal combat system.

lmao no, when you start the game and you go to a city that isn't of your level even the guards can one shot you with his dick, Geralt it's a fucking pussy.

and that, I dowmloaded a mod for the combat system that kinda makes it a little fun.

It's fucking retarded garbage. Yes, you can spam Quen and fight skull-marked ??lvl enemies for 5 minutes each, but you shouldn't have to.

When you're looking for someone it's not all GO GO GO, especially not in a medieval setting. There's bound to be downtime between clues and gaps in the trail.

yeah, but you can literally be playing for 500 hours and nothing will happen until you do the main missions.

It's a video game. I could stay on screen 1 of Zelda for 10 hours and do nothing if I chose to. The player is the one who controls the inputs. This applies to every game ever made.

in majora's mask no you fucking nigger

Attached: 360 YEAH!.gif (390x390, 66K)

>I keep dying cause I have ADD
ftfy

correct but the main quest has no time gating or anything on it so there's never a point where yenn is like "just hang out for a bit, i've got to research some leads"

Why would you want time gating?

And wouldn't a longer time be more "accurate" anyway? Surely Geralt doesn't find Ciri in 50 hours, it would have taken him weeks. In a video game though you can sprint all the time, don't have to sleep, can freeze time and pick up exactly where you left off, and so on...

even deadrising 2, yeah the shitty zombie game could handle it better.

true but ill do you one up: the plot would be better if neither ciri or the wild hunt existed

What you're describing is a very real issue... but NOT with The Witcher 3.
It's one of those things where if you played TW1 and then 2 and only then 3, it would have helped alleviate the feeling.
I had that feeling with WoW Cataclysm (Deathwing burning world, then you go on an underwater adventure) and TW1 (you're hunting the Salamandra guy that attacked Kaer Morhen but it seems like you're just fucking around Vizima and Vizima outskirts for a long time).

With The Witcher 3, you literally have no idea where Ciri is except for clues to follow in 3 huge ass zones. So it makes sense for you to explore each one fully to get the lay of the land, since literally anyone could have had encountered and interacted with her. And you do search for her in a quite logical way. In Velen's No Man's Land you go straight to the authority of the area, the Bloody Baron. If anyone heard of Ciri he would have. In Novigrad you seek out the underworld contacts like the Beggar King and Triss. In Skellige again you head for the highest authority and most informed of the area the An Craite clan.

So if you think about it, the pacing is perfectly fine in TW3 and there's never really any frantic feeling of immediacy... the dream you had of Ciri and the impending Wild Hunt is a dream from the past that is catching up to you. If you've played TW1 and 2 and understood the story and context, you'd realize that the Wild Hunt has been after Ciri from the very start of the first game, when you first came back from being part of the Wild Hunt procession with amnesia.

Not being able to romance Ciri is the biggest flaw of the game

Attached: 1563694226748.webm (1100x850, 1.77M)

You don't need to be any level to do any mission you scrub. This game is literally a cake walk even on death march. I'm playing through it right now, I was lvl 18 taking on lvl 30 shit, yes it takes a little while longer to fight them, but with oils it's easy as fuck as long as you know how to use quen and dodge attacks. It's almost TOO easy.

Right now I'm lvl. 35, not even done with the main story yet and going through blood and wine and heartstone and it's so fucking easy it's not even funny. Once you get the mastercrafted gear it's a complete and utter joke.

Why would you ever be fighting guards in the first place? Literally no reason to in this game, there's no loot worth stealing that's in front of guards, and honestly, 99% of loot you get you just sell anyways, including armor and swords as it's all completely useless once you unlock a few witcher upgrade diagrams.

i don't but there's never a plot opportunity to go and do other things if you're following the main quest so you have to put off the main quest to do side activities which is kind of weird from an immersive standpoint

>471396485
this happens in pretty much any open world game though, it's not a criticism unique to the witcher 3. It happens in RDR / RDR2, it happened in any Assassin's Creed game. It happens in Far Cry. There's always a main story that's more important than whatever there is to do on the side yet you're still enticed to do the side missions because they're worth doing.

Only because you're chasing the quest markers on your magic GPS. If you're going to actually roleplay you would stop at a town you come across and see what was happening there, restock, etc.

Geralt needs food and armor and weapons if he wants to find Ciri

So he needs money

What's his profession? Witcher

So he hunts monsters for money WHILE looking for Ciri

Not so hard to understand

Same

geralt can play all the gwent games he wants because ciri is in hibernation with a spell hidden on a magically protected island that no one can't find including the wild hunt

your argument is invalid

except he doesn't know that??

I dont mind the pacing but what I do mind is hitting a fucking brick wall in novigrad what a huge waste of time and a shitty quest chain. Geralt should have just went to skellige immediately thats the best lead anyway.