How did the microwave hallway destroy most of Snake's cutting-edge OctoCamo suit but not his wrinkly old face...

How did the microwave hallway destroy most of Snake's cutting-edge OctoCamo suit but not his wrinkly old face throughout the entire three-minute-long sequence?

Attached: mgs is stupid.jpg (922x874, 82K)

I played the game in a couple days when I was really sick, it was way more enjoyable when you're not able to think to hard about the plot holes.

Because Kojimbo is a hack and a shitty writer who makes games for reddit pseudo intellectuals

Wear the octocamo mask if it ruins your immersion so much

Why does every MGS mission start with the protagonist leaving behind a helmet or mask that can be easily found by an enemy guard?

About MGS4's ID locked guns.
There apparently a physical mechanism preventing non-ID'd personnel from pulling the triggers of ID locked guns.
Gun launderers like Drebin got around this by injecting you with special nanomachines and hacking the gun to fool the system.
What I don't get is why couldn't they just take out the mechanism itself?

Attached: 600px-MGS4-GSR-3.jpg (600x338, 40K)

I just want this game in 1080p 60fps so I can remind myself why I liked it more than V.

>take out the mechanism

That's what ended up happening at the end when SOP was wiped out.

I would imagine they would explain it away with some sort of mechanism that destroys a component of the firearm when it detects tampering. So maybe like the firing pin breaks or some shit like that. Which honestly just sounds like way too much work for such little benefit.

I feel like at one point they probably thought it really through. Like a separate class of guns that don't have an ID system which influenced other game mechanics. But then realized they'd be writing themselves into a hole and just left it at the absolute necessary point.

Tried that
You unequip it in the room before

The mechanism is integral to the functioning of the gun, replacing most of the receiver. Most unlocked guns were destroyed along with their receivers, so there's nothing to replace the mechanism with. You can still find some unlocked guns in the game though, mostly in the middle east.

>lives in a strict noguns country
>knowledge of guns comes entirely from watching action movies like predator, escape from new york, and terminator
>time spent researching how guns work is time spent not watching more action movies

Microwaves can fuck up electronics easily

It's an homage to MGS1's batshit nanomachine manipulation to stop Solid Snake from shooting in the nuke room. It's jokes all the way down. Don't think that MGS or Kojima are competent storytellers.

as it can skin and flesh

It's a 2 part system:
1) Guns had ID-checks which made the gun physically unable to fire unless an authorized person was pulling the trigger
2) People with SOP nanomachines couldn't pull shoot a gun unless they were authorized to do so.
#1 is why the rebel forces can only use older guns, which had never been chipped. #2 is why all the soldiers aren't able to fire the guns at the end of Act 3, Ocelot just hacked the system to de-authorize them all. The injection Drebin gives Snake makes it so #2 no longer restricts him. When you pay Drebin to unlock a gun, you're paying him to "de-chip" each gun, undoing the restriction of #1.

They explicitly hired a military instructor to make sure they got all the gun and combat stuff accurate, and he was on the staff for every MGS game except PW.

why didn't otacon just send in the mk2 to destroy gw?

It did though, the left side of his face is burnt and crispy for every following scene.

That happened in Act 3 ya dingus.

It gets worse after the hallway.