Is this game actually good or a meme?

Is this game actually good or a meme?

Attached: Morrowind.jpg (800x1068, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Overview_of_Gods_and_Worship
youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU
en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Banks
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Base_Clothing
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Qorwynn
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
youtube.com/watch?v=mYs_gUs35eM
youtube.com/watch?v=V2liozIXhJA
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

You may think this is funny but this is literally what this board has become. This place needs to be deleted.

Yes it's good. No you won't like it.

It's good, though not a masterpiece as some people like to claim.

It’s still the best elder scrolls game to this day

play OpenMW so that a bunch of glitches get fixed and enemies can actually fail at spellcasting

Its good enough to be still worth playing despite its poor aging.

It's good but it has its flaws.
maybe the best thing about it is how well it's aged
like daggerfall by comparison is extremely difficult to get into because of how tedious the menuing is. meanwhile morrowind has the best equip/status/menu system in the series.

It's a very good game that was turned into a variety of memes by players who loved it deeply.

Probably hasn't aged well, but when it first came out there was nothing else quite like it

Hard to say, it was really good back then

Story is very good, but the gameplay is ass and requires you to break the game and exploit the magic system, which is what some people love so much

I played through the whole game and really hated it, mostly though because I hate elves, tribes and ashlands and the game is full of it. Also weird asthetics, either you dig that or you dont. And the combat is absolute dogshit.

Tl;dr get a demo and try it for yourself, either youll love it or you hate it

what mods for a 1st time playthrough?

want to keep it vanilla.

Attached: 1509158417027.png (612x491, 98K)

>but the gameplay is ass

Attached: Zoomer.png (820x324, 244K)

patch for purists

It is. Dice roll in 3D is retarded

OpenMW
Patch for Purists
Morrowind Optimization Patch
Morrowind Enhanced Textures

Git gud.

Attached: Morrowind God Mode.webm (1280x960, 2M)

>right click
>instantly see your map, spells, stats and inventory
>all able to be resized, pinned and moved around

The aesthetics and setting are what set Morrowind apart from standard fantasy schlock and I wish that Bethesda had kept going with unique ideas instead of making le generic LotR world in Oblivion.

But where's my quest markers retard? How am I supposed to know where to go without the clairvoyance spell?

Its a shit game that people on this site love

It's one of the best RPG games of all times. You might be a little confused at first though, but you'll get the hang of it.

Great story, atmosphere, and world. Meh quests and mostly uninteresting average NPCs but important ones are cool. The game is really breakable and that's most of the fun.

It is worth it to relax, read some of the books and explore.

Ok go take your adhd meds bro. Morrowinds combat is garbage as fuck.

it fuckin sucks you spend most of your time walking around areas that all look the same, digging through your journal to figure out where to go, and missing your attacks because your stamina is low from running around

>OpenMW
why this? do you not miss out on anything by playing this? is it less buggy than a patched original engine version?

Why aren't there more athiests in Morrowind and in TES in general? There are smart NPCs so it seems stupid to have them be religious.

Now that is some good bait there bro

If you play for more than an hour you'll get past the initial clunkiness and figure things out

Trouble is, Zoomers don't have an attention span that long. They run out of Seyda neen using some terrible class and rage when they can't kill a mudcrab instantly.

T. Man who started with TES Oblivion and played Morrowind for the first time last year

>and missing your attacks because your stamina is low from running around

This user hasn't taken the agilitypill

Because the gods are very obviously real in TES. They exist in a universe full of magic and mystery. Overtly doubting the existence of gods would be the stupid thing in that scenario, not the other way round. What a retarded post.

>Because the gods are very obviously real in TE
Aedra are real?

The Psyjics believe that Gods and mortals are only differentiated by the power of the spirit left after death, which is a kind of Atheism.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Overview_of_Gods_and_Worship

But who would believe faggots like the Psyjics anyway.
Either way, subverting the God/mortal power gap is a overarching theme in TES.

The way the main quest is handled is marvelous. I really appreciated being able to take my time and not feel rushed. TES 4 and 5 suffered from this. It is hard to roleplay there are so many urgent seeming quests.

In oblivion the emperor literally dies in front of my and I am tasked with carrying out his final request. It is so hard to roleplay like that since it is hard to justify not doing it. It is is easy for almost all characters to just leave the package in a some barrel in Seyda Neen and be on your way.

>It is is easy for almost all characters to just leave the package in a some barrel in Seyda Neen and be on your way.
Never even occurred to me, it was the only job I had in a strange new land with obviously hostile wildlife and weird diseases.

Dude, gothic was released a year earlier and arx fatalis came out at the same time, the gameplay WAS shit despite your nostalgia googles

Lots of improvements and customization options, removes the need for certain mods, improves/fixes the game in a way mods can't and multiplayer if you like.

I think that's why they give you the "epic quest" along with making you a released prisoner, really.
To make it make sense that you forgo the main quest no matter what, even in Oblivion. You're free (optionally of a crime you didn't commit in the first place if that's what you want to RP) and you just want to lay low and live your life.

agreed

Almost as fun as playing with spear and s-key your way through the game

>claiming its based solely on a dice roll

Attached: 1549677425155.jpg (645x729, 80K)

You can report to him but you don't have to join the blades.

Games with freedom are too hard for my pleb brain.

I'm a 31 year old boomer and the dice roll combat will keep me from ever replaying it. I hated it then and I hate it still.

It's good until you find the obvious as fuck infinite stat exploit.
I managed to get it without looking up anything my first time playing.

why do people call it dice roll combat? it's literally not dice roll combat

>3D game
>swing sword
>CLEARLY hits enemy
>miss lol

your making mountains out of molehills my man
i'd take morrowind combat over skyrim combat any day

>3D game
>Horsey piece can kill a whole casle lol
What's it like being a braindead retard?

Attached: 17623.87bb05cd.1200x674o.8101f612fa03.jpg (1200x674, 103K)

It's literally only an annoyance in the opening hours of the game. People blow it out of proportion because they have trouble killing rats or mudcrabs. Often due to their own retarded ass making a terrible character build or just not paying attention.

Honestly this is all anyone needs to know about this game

I mean, it is a percent chance to hit based on your combat values vs the opponent's dodge values, but it's next to impossible to miss past like level 3 anyway.

29 and this, I remember fighting the first bug enemy with a knife, missed it 80% of the time and got permastunned multiple times during that

I mean its fucking hilarious thinking about it now but man, way to introduce a new player to your game

No I didnt like the game

>but the gameplay is ass
I actually like the melee combat. Dicerolls aren't a big deal if you just keep your stamina up and built your character properly. I actually like how you can time your hits in between blocks and with staggers. The only issue I have with the gameplay is after a certain point you're so powerful that you don't even have to do that anymore and can spam attacks on everything to win, but I guess maybe I should try turning up the difficulty next time that happens.

Are you serious

Chess is turn based, not realtime!

It's true, if you do like 3 or 4 quest lines and you have like, Ebony Mail, Fists of Ranulf and Skullcrusher or whatever with whatever Ebony and Daedric armor you found, you're basically unkillable.

Meme it's baby's first es same reason we have halo threads now. Mid to late 20s posters are the most cancerous people on this board

Is it really that fun to be a floating wizard god with 100 across the board?

You have to understand that it's unlike Skyrim, or whatever other RPG you want to think of, where you start out competent at everything. It's the opposite. In Morrowind you start out SHIT at everything. You are a literal PLEB with no experience beyond the small bonuses your class gives you.

Fail spells? You're a novice mage, you don't know HOW to do them properly.

Don't hit with sword? You've never fought anyone before and you're probably just wildly flailing the thing around screaming.

Run slowly? You're a lazy fuck with no stamina who isn't used to travelling long distances.

This is why levelling up and skill training is so important. Of course, people with low attention spans will just get frustrated and give up. Oh well, too bad for them.

Attached: 1547260895185.png (233x243, 95K)

I'm personally fine with Skyrim's gameplay but it's very easy to have fun in Morrowind without breaking the game.

The point is abstraction. People with IQs above 90 can handle it.

Or the 1pt constant-effect Levitation pill.

Skyrim combat is terrible.

It's more fun than having almost no RPG elements at all.

Attached: 1553668285723.png (621x929, 138K)

What does that do? Do I just put it on a ring or something?

Why would there be abstraction for something you can see your character doing?

>Skyrim is shi-

Attached: YYZ Drum Solo.webm (1122x648, 572K)

>first ES game was Oblivion
>didn't play Morrowind until after I'd beaten Skyrim
>didn't play Daggerfall until after I'd beaten Morrowind
>prefer Daggerfall and Morrowind to Oblivion and Skyrim
Anons am I one of those guys who complains he was born in the wrong generation and listens to metal from the early 70's?

Are you going to make me break out the board game analogy AGAIN?
Jesus Christ user.

soul trap a golden saint (or something higher like vivec or almalexia) and then you can put constant effect enchants on stuff
very expensive, you generally would put it on rings and amulets because armor has very low enchant caps
most utilitarian stuff would be like +3 health per second or +3 fatigue per second, or like perpetual water walking or +40 nighteye
more wild stuff would be like he said, a +1 levitate which means you're always flying. and if you have high speed its like a completely different game for a spellcaster class

skyrim vr combat is only fun if you get the "hold trigger to attack" mod and larp as a warrior. Backstabs are very satisfying since you can just jab it in them and hold it down to murder people.

I just can't get into daggerfall. The inventory system is just too tedious. Also i'm not crazy about how much is procedurally generated. Am I missing out?

It's a video game retard. Do you think morrowind is table top game with literal dice?

It means you have a brain and can recognize that each subsequent entry removes unique & fun features for no good reason

It's more that it goes hand in hand with a proper character build rather than just "you're shit at everything"
A Redguard warrior starts with 45 Long Blade. That's enough where you really won't miss until your fatigue is quite low. It's a completely minmaxed Long Blade build (not accounting for attributes) and that's fine, it's easy. I personally choose my race randomly and use default classes because I like my optimization being random.

It's a roleplaying game. The point of the game is to play a role and develop your character. Why would you want to start out being amazing at everything right away?

Exquisite Belt. Buy one from the fine clothier in Balmora, soul trap something with a grand soulgem, and its capacity is just enough for a 1pt CE Levitation. Belts are completely worthless for anything but this enchantment.

After making this, hit F1 and bind it to one of your number keys.

Speed while levitating is influenced by your Speed attribute, Athletics, and the intensity of the levitation spell.

You'll be running as fast as you would on land with complete vertical freedom whenever you want it.

>It's more that it goes hand in hand with a proper character build rather than just "you're shit at everything

I agree, I was just covering all my bases because any one character won't be good at every skill, and furthermore most people who complain about the "dice roll" probably didn't have good character builds in the first place

Not that much. The sheer scale of the world is impressive to me but the content is not particularly exciting for someone who expects hand-crafted dungeons and stuff.
Some of the systems in the game are extremely impressive taking into account the time-period they were created and implemented in, especially considering they have never been replicated, but other than being a technical marvel they might not offer much to you. You get out of Daggerfall what you're willing to give it, like any true RPG.
Climbing skill is something that I will miss in every single game that comes after it and I will never forgive them for removing it.

If you're questioning whether or not you're being a hipster faggot, then you are GUARANTEED to be a hipster faggot.
That's not what LIKING THINGS is supposed to be like. Have you forgotten?

Listen I've never been in a sword fight but I know I can stab a fucking crab.

Oh I'm definitely a hipster faggot but I don't understand why, being exposed to the newer games first I should prefer them and their flashy graphics and hand-holding quest-markers.

>first ES game was Oblivion
>didn't play Skyrim on release because I was annoyed at the stripped RPG features
>played it eventually and thought it was great, and actually better than Oblivion
>played Morrowind after
>thought it was easily the best
It's called having an opinion, just like how I'm going to get shit for thinking Skyrim is better than Oblivion.

>the crab disarms you and is now pointing the blade at you
Now what, genius?

Attached: Knife.jpg (720x405, 21K)

Why are not all birth signs created even close to equal? Atronach is broken.

>Skyrim is better than Oblivion
The fact of the matter is that I don't disagree with you on that either

Actually good, but flawed. Their ambition resulted in some issues such as how stats are handled, AI detection, scrapped quests still hinted at by dialogue in the game, etc.

Mods have fixed this over the past 17 years. Definitely recommend playing.

Outside of the handcrafted dungeons that game gets stale as fuck faster than Morrowind ever does because once you hit Adamantium+ you've become an unkillable god.

You can't repair anything you've enchanted, Daedric artifacts break so rapidly they're only suited for important events (would fit with roleplaying, but are otherwise impotent as fuck).

You can teleport to your swagger-ass boat and stroll in a horse-drawn cart overflowing with loot, go to a dungeon entrance to load up before going back to gather more, and you can climb in addition to levitating which is pretty neat.

It's definitely an interesting game, but I've never felt compelled to complete it. Faction rep decays, running around in the overworld is completely pointless, and many quests are just ad libbed.

You can take or leave most of Daggerfall.

Because some people are born under lucky stars and some are not.

A gigantic crab that is trying to slice your ankles with it's huge claws?

I'd run away first and foremost. Same goes for a giant bug or a giant rat. Especially because I don't trust myself to be able to use a sword to somehow puncture it's crabby carapace.

(Perhaps you could start as a nord with a major skill in blunt weapons, grab the axe from the tree stump in Seyda Neen, and smash the fuck out of any crab that dares enter your path)

There's a ton of stuff like that in Morrowind. Items, spells and gear that are totally unbalanced and useless. What are you going to do with a "Feather 20 points for 10 seconds" spell?

But it pisses me off when I do a random character and I have The Lord as my goddamn sign. What kind of schmuck has that?

Bad draw of the cards. Murder your parents for failing you so badly as to birth you under a bad sign. Probably why you're in prison.

I enjoyed skyrim but it just makes me sad thinking of all the stripped out elements. Why in gods name would they get rid of custom spells? Or athletics and speed? Or having PANTS???

It's not like they're really worried about people breaking the game because they don't fix decade old glitches in any of the new versions of Skyrim they constantly shit out, nope that's what the Skyrim Unofficial patch is for i suppose (you can become an unkillable god using FISH!!!)

>dice roll RNG in a real time 3D game

It’s a meme game, user.

I played it when it first came out. It was THE WORST game I ever played back then. And that is still the case.

I haven't played it since 2006, and I fear that if I do, it'll ruin the nostalgia

They don't show you the dice, but essentially that's what you're looking at. In fact, you're playing a modified version of Runequest's ruleset throughout the game.

Bro I loved climbing in Daggerfall. You could play as an actual BURGLAR thief, climbing around the rooftops and sneaking into houses. Of course morrowind had levitation spells which kind of worked, but not for a pure thief Character, and every subsequent game had cities way to small to feel anything like a real thief at all.

Inch my portly ass to the nearest pawnbroker after casting Divine Intervention to sell the one too many kwama egg I've jacked from a Telvanni wizard who's older than time and eternally has incest with his daughter clones.

It is fucking great.
>mfw jumping across Vvardenfell with my custom fortify agility, acrobatics and jump spell, and running at sanic speeds after sipping down one of my self made fortify speed potions.

Attached: Fast.gif (300x200, 351K)

Don't get me wrong of course, I hate the stripped out elements. It's why Morrowind is my favorite ES game is it has all of that and a fantastic world to explore.
I just really enjoy Skyrim's world, it's fun to explore and talk to people. And the gameplay isn't AWFUL for everything that's removed.
The only reason Oblivion doesn't beat Skyrim is because of that level scaling dogshit though.

Dice are random, morrowind is a fixed chance based on your skill with whatever weapon you're using compared to your skill with that weapon, agility, stamina, and other variables. Of course this is too hard for a brainlet like you to understand.

It is a very solid game with an excellent world. It's a good stepping stone from modern games like Oblivion and Skyrim into older classics like fallout 1 and baldura gate type stuff. Morrowind has alot of things that both have and I like it as a bridge to ease into something you may not be ready for yet

its good but the one major flaw with it is the fact you cant join the actual good guy's side

Attached: 1522286396508.gif (500x500, 899K)

>When you hit the pitch of a roof at just the right angle and get shot up 20ft at a 15 degree angle
Kino. I forgot about that.

>The only reason Oblivion doesn't beat Skyrim is because of that level scaling dogshit though.
Just turn down the difficulty slider until you find one that's reasonable & still challenging. There's no shame in it considering how their system is what's broken in the first place.

Skyrim is better than Oblivion. It does everything Oblivion sets out to do, but better. It's essentially an on-rails trip through a theme park, but it's compelling enough to get away with it.
Morrowind is pretty much a completely different genre from Skyrim, so comparing the two is almost not fair. Might be an unpopular thing to say, but the only game recently that's given me the "fuck off and figure it out" and "oh wow, I can do THAT?" that Morrowind did was Zelda Breath of the Wild

It is a good game and if you dislike it, install mods. The exploration is wonderful and quite comfy most of the time.

>PITTPITTPITTPITTPITTPITTPITPITTPITTPITTPITTPITTPITTPITTPITT

levels in games don't matter.

That's fair, but I can never really find a good blend. Definitely going to at least peep it down from right in the middle, where I usually try to play.

Botw had quest markers. There hasn't been a true "good luck here's the world" game since Morrowind.

Dice also have a fixed chance, a six side die for instance has a 1 in 6 chance of landing on a certain number. Of course you can also apply modifiers based on stats, just like in tabletop RPGs that use DICE to determine hits and damage. Are you retarded?

Yes.
Yes it is.
The world is your oyster and you are free to do whatever the fuck you want.

They kinda do in Oblivion because certain gear and enemies only shows up at certain levels

based sera

I thought it was a shit game when it released in 2002, and I'm honestly surprised it's being worshipped here.

t. boomer

Just be mindful of who you steal from, because the entire faction has its eyes peeled for that wooden fork you snatched in Seyda Neen last Frostfall, n'wah.

>It does everything Oblivion sets out to do, but better
Now are you talking about worldbuilding, UI, or what? Because it undeniably has less gameplay mechanics and RPG elements than oblivion does. I'm wondering how you think it accomplishes more with less.

Get boots of blinding speed, then get a constant effect nighteye enchant and then max and buff speed, agility, athletics and acrobatics.

Oblivion had way better NPCs and quests. Plus it had some soul and wasn't super serious all the time.

>Dice also have a fixed chance, a six side die for instance has a 1 in 6 chance of landing on a certain number
Not if we bring physics and probability into the mix.

Oblivion has a better world too. Skyrim looks far too drab, makes me not want to explore because everything is grey and brown

I like oblivions hame mechanics more, and cyrodiil is undeniably comfy&charming but I think Skyrim had the better worldbuilding when all's said and done. Cyrodiil was simply TOO generic most of the time. Everything felt really weird and disconnected.

>Morrowind was super serious all the time
>naked Nords getting tricked by witches
>naked Nord calling you a bigot for assuming his nudity was due to being tricked by a witch when it was just because Mournhold is so hot
>Crassius Curio's entire existence
>various books are funny
>drunken mudcrab merchant that has more gold than any other merchant in the base game
It's maybe not as obviously whacky as Oblivion, but it's pretty fucking out there sometimes.

The trip round the renaissance fair that is Oblivion is just the thin foil wrapping over the questlines that are intended to be the core experience. Skyrim is the same way, but the world is better and most of the quests are better (except the Oblivion DB quest line tops them all, I'll give you that). If you want the more traditional RPG, Morrowind is there for you. If you want the action adventure RPG, Skyrim is there. Oblivion in hindsight is a poorly aging ugly stepchild.

And a 100pt Resist Magic for 3 seconds Cast When Used ring.

For all Constant Effect enchants, make them a range from a minimum of 1 to the maximum their enchanting capacity allows. Re-equip your gear until you've rolled the maximum value or close enough to it you can't be bothered.

>A guy that intentionally spreads a horrifying plague that either turns you into a disfigured mindless beast, or a fucking tentacle faced ghoul
>good.

Skyrim was super serious. Morrowind could get silly.

it's a masterpiece user.

Let me guess. Somebody stole your sweet roll?

>most of the quests are better
>Skyrim's thieves guild is better than Oblivion's
Drink bleach.

I could steal everything not nailed down from fucking Skar and still be able to pay up my fines with ease because of my massive riches I got from selling all the high tier weapons and armor to the merchants in Mournhold.

Oblivion thieves guild is way better. You actually have to STEAL STUFF instead of it being optional.

Only 1000 gold of stuff total, sure, but usually you overshoot that by a lot when you find valuable stuff and want to fence it.

Same 30 here, and same. That was some retarded shit.

Shivering isles alone makes Oblivion the best out of the three for me.

It is my favorite game

"Well well, look at the outlander pullin' up in his fancy imperial sailboat."
>I came here as a prisoner!

"Well pardon us, Mr. Colovian fur helm."
>I looted this helm from a dead bandit.

"Well la-dee-dah Mr. House Telvanni slaver.
>Sorry but I believe in good mercantile skills."

"Teh! You're not gonna grow nothing at Hlaalo Manor, that's why Uryne Nirith abandoned it!"
>Oh what do you know?!

"I know your alchemy skill is up near 5.6 and you need 7-8 max to craft fortify intelligence potions"
>Oh that's just a superstition. You just watch me, I'll grow saltrice out there!

"Not if you're planting kwama eggs."
>DOH!

Attached: sneed beyond seed outlander.png (1164x652, 838K)

>most of the quests are better
You see this cave? Go get something and clear it of Draugr x 1000

Bro I'm pretty sure oblivion is known for having better guild quests and some AMAZING side quests compared to Skyrim

Play daggerfall unity.
It gets rid of a lot of the hassle like how you had to do 4 different modes (grab, fight, climb mode and whatever the other one) and has those done automatically depending on the context.

Got a kek out of me.

It's great, just got back into it. All you need is MCP, MGEXE, Morrowind patch project, and Morrowind comes alive, you're good to go. I'd recommend Morrowind vanilla plus textures as well, the updated poodle file is what you want. Anybody got any recommendations for armor and clothing replacers? Was looking to get better races but unless I upgrade the bodies and clothing what the fuck would the point be.

Attached: punished_todd.jpg (747x720, 303K)

Can I join the telvanni if I'm already in the mages guild?

Daedric quests were pretty good in both. The worst has to be Oblivion's Azura quest. The best is Sheogorath's.

Its really staggering how sharply the writing fell off with Oblivion. Reading the well written journal entries to help solve quests is just so satisfying and immersive. Really fills in the gaps for you in such a static world compared to Oblivion.

Attached: statement.png (286x429, 184K)

Yes. You can join any one of the three houses and Hlaalu and Telvanni at the same time if you use a bug.

Treat them as running in parallel to guilds.

>Is it good
Why are you soliciting opinions from autists? Are you intentionally going out of your way to get biased answers?
Also I'd like to take this moment to point out the hypocrisy of Morrofags who like to go on about how later Elder Scrolls games are watered down, when Morrowind itself is an extremely watered down Daggerfall.
>but mug rng dungeons ewww!
Morrowind dungeons have the same designs and layouts, albeit human generated and much MUCH smaller in scale.
>like uhhhh but Morrowind has more diseases!
Diseases in Morrowind are a fucking joke, they only lower your stats, and most of those diseases are variants of another one. In Daggerfall, not only are they all unique, but they can also kill you (as well as having an incubation period, meaning you might not realize your shits about to get all fucked up until it's too late).

Nope, telvanni hates those guild swits

Did that get an official release yet, last I heard about it was some autist on rpgcodec going on about how it was nearing release, but this was a year ago.

I'll take 300 handcrafted (albeit samey dungeons) over thousands of procedurally generated ones with...
>Identical loot
>Formulaic "secrets"
>Quests you don't know you can't complete in random dungeons for over an hour because you have 10 in Thaumaturgy, no Levitate spell, and the only accessible way to your quest's target is a shaft in the middle of a room with nothing to climb on.

And literally who complains about Morrowind having more diseases? Such an odd strawman.

I do miss being able to gimp yourself out of the ability to use given materials and balancing level progression with HP growth, inborn powers and the like though.

>Identical loot
It's the same loot design as any other Elder Scrolls game, if a bit more sane, as there's no retarded "higher level shit the higher level you are" which completely breaks immersion.
>Formulaic "secrets"
As opposed to none, amirite? What, you mad you grabbed a torch and died instead of getting teleported somewhere? Better luck next time, kid.
>>Quests you don't know you can't complete in random dungeons for over an hour because you have 10 in Thaumaturgy, no Levitate spell, and the only accessible way to your quest's target is a shaft in the middle of a room with nothing to climb on
NOOOO I HAVE TO DO TEH THINKINGS AND THIS GAME ISN'T LETTING ME DO WHATEVER I WANT DESPITE IT BEING A CRPG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Imagine typing that post. You might have an issue user

>1pt constant-effect Levitation
No thanks, I maxed out speed for a reason.

I roleplayed as a prostitute in suran. I got raped and beaten to death by a dark elf in the stripclub 2nd floor. Murdered. I came hard.

Did you just never find any of the wacky shit you need to levitate in order to get to in Morrowind? Or the stuff gated behind level 100 locks?

There are loads more uniques you find in random Morrowind dungeons than in Daggerfall. I can't think of a single time I checked out a mansion, crypt, or cave and left with a Mentor's Ring, Fists of Randgulf, ring (and ashes) of dead forum poster, or even a sixth house bell hammer ffs.

There's no thinking whatsoever with a random job given to you by the fighter's guild to find some tavern owner's stolen brat to find out you need to re-enter the dungeon to randomize his location again, you fucking mong.
>Mad you grabbed a torch and died instead of getting teleported somewhere
>Implying my studlike beef mittens can't endure worse
Mate, going back to the "needing to think" complaint, clicking on random dungeon clutter is literally the only way to trigger lots of shit in Daggerfall. If you find something that inflicts damage, you're just stuck healing yourself. Literally what is your point?

>Some of the systems in the game are extremely impressive
Which ones are you talking about?

are any of the hybrid mods any good?

>enemies can actually fail at spellcasting

They already do. Everytime I force the dark elf chick to attack the breton at the Caldera Mages Guild via console commands, she usually fails a couple... Unless it's a Morrowind code patch thing, then nevermind. (I could've sworn it happened in Xbox version as well.)

What mods general zodd?

Some lingerie and body mods that turned me into a hot girl, i dance on stage, and add 5 gold into my inventory for every 10 minutes dancing, then I go to 2nd floor in suran, punch dark elf, used console to give me 0 stamina, so i fall down on ground, then let dark elf "rape" me to death, punching me. Very erotic!

Just a lost small town girl stuck in suran

The power of prescription estrogen.

>Morrofags are confirmed trannies and autists
Who'd have thunk.

I love this thunk thing.

>number of skills and spells = RPG elements

tpbp

Attached: 571px-BM-npc-Uncle_Sweetshare.jpg (571x599, 54K)

Blyat
youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU

>remember it being really good
>decide to reinstall
>almost every quest is 120% linear
>absolutely no balance
>dice-based combat looks retarded
The only good things are atmosphere and lore.

The lore, worldbuilding and setting are good. The gameplay is absolute dogshit, even for an Elder Scrolls game.

splitting all the armors into three types was a mistake
only heavy has enough styles to not feel lacking

The gameplay is the best out of all tes games.

I don't get it.

It really isn't. Daggerfall does combat and rpg mechanics better, and Oblivion does quests and miscellaneous stuff like A.I. better. Skyrim has the best graphics out of all of them. Morrowind has...muh epic drug lore and magic mushrooms.

Banks.

>daggerfall
>better combat
>oblivion
>better quests
>skyrim
>lol who gives a fuck about graphics?

Top pleb.

It is decent

I doubt you have played anything besides skyrim and then a couple hours of morrowind some years ago

Surely this is not the real opinion of a real person.

It objectively does have better combat. For whatever reason, when they were making Morrowind, they decided it was a good idea to
>remove crits
>remove indications that you've missed or hit something either based on a sound or animation playing
>remove doing cool as fuck shit like jumping off walls, jumping over enemies, and otherwise doing badass cool shit
And instead get...spam click simulator 2000 now with more MISS IN EVERY CLICK! Because who doesn't love standing in one place, constantly swinging a sword, waiting for something to happen. Anything.
>Better quests
Oblivion was an improvement, since in Daggerfall everything except for the main quest is proceduraly generated, and a step up from Morrowind where quests weren't rng but were still 99% fetch or kill missions.
>REEE NO ONE CARES ABOUT GRAPHICS
That is, quiet literally, just your own opinion.
Imagine defending a passable early 2000 game this much just because it was your first Elder Scrolls game played.
>inb4 b-but Daggerfall was your first game played you have nostalgia goggles on too!
Actually no, Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls game, and I only started playing Daggerfall within the last few years, most of that time on DOSBox. Stay seething faggots.

Attached: df.png (1366x768, 279K)

>morrowind
>no crits.

Confirmed for not playing the game.

>Imagine defending a passable early 2000 game this much just because it was your first Elder Scrolls game played.
user, what are you talking about? My first Elder Scrolls was also Oblivion and I prefer Daggerfall to Oblivion as well. The only thing I took umbrage with was your gross mischaracterization of Morrowind's lore.

>Daggerfall
>Be proficient in axe and archery
>Swing sword, still do well in combat even with fatigue close to nothing
>Morrowind
>Be proficient in butt fucking and booger eating
>Swing sword, miss every hit for five minutes, die to a mud crab
Morrowind may have had crits, but I never ever noticed them, and they sure as hell had zero fucking effect on combat.

Depends. Are you a high IQ gentleman of good taste, or a low IQ plebeian monkey? This is more true than it would seem at first glance, intelligent individuals such as myself can overlook the rough exterior and enjoy the glistening diamonds that lie underneath, low IQ monkeys will be stuck at "WTF I CANT HIT ANYTHING SHIT GAME" and never move past that

en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Banks
This is some cool shit, how come they don't have these in the other games?

Unironically git fucking good.
The only way you fucking miss all the time is if you are using weapons to which you have less than 20 or so skill, which means that you fucking failed in building your character at the beginning.

Morrowind faggots might not like to admit this, but their game was kind of casualized down so that it could sell on the XBox.

This is a typical example of a monkey opinion

>DICE ROLLS? IN AN RPG? IT'S SHIIIIIT

Morrowinds implementation of dice rolling combat is pure putrid barf and sewage waste. Literally any other game that has dice roll combat, has done it a million times better. Why you keep defending it, is beyond me.
See above.

Because it is a million times better than any other combat system in the other es games.

>first bug enemy

Here's the flaw in your thinking. It was just A bug enemy

>Better then Daggerfall
>Better then Oblivion
>Better then Arena
>Better then Skyrim
No.

I was there for this discussion. I was the guy arguing that Crypt of the Necrodancer is realtime (or turn based... whichever was the view that ridiculed the other guys views more)

Yes

>>Better then

Morrowind's one good feature is an interesting world that's fun to explore, because it's neither leveled nor procedurally generated. When you fuck around in random ruins you don't get predictably leveled gear and enemies, you have a constant probability of getting curbstomped by ascended sleepers and golden saints, or randomly finding daedric weapons, and you find them in interesting locations that may or may not be linked to a quest and seem to be part of a living world full of weird shit.

Daggerfall and Obivion were fun for different reasons, but didn't capture the feeling of sneaking into a ruin and finding a high-tier glass or ebony or daedric weapon.

First time player here, am I gonna get fucked over if I don't optimise my level ups?
Its a pain in the ass grinding or paying for training for skills I don't even use.
Also when should I do the expansions?

Nah just play and have fun. Put Major skills into the weapon you use, like Long Blade, or Destruction if you are magician. Then put skills into lockpicking since that is useful maybe.

>I like Morrowind better because it gives me op shit early: the post
You do realize Daggerfall does the same...right? The chances of getting good equipment is just higher. And if you explore more then one or two ruins in one go, those chances go up a lot higher since each dungeon is going to have 20 - 50+ assorted high and low level enemies to fight.

why dont you play it and find out?

Attached: tomuhardu.gif (500x207, 3.47M)

Daggerfall is different because it's a buggy piece of shit from character creation onwards because pretty much every dungeon is a randomly generated maze and there isn't much cool stuff to discover with regards to lore and world and atmosphere.

Yeah Morrowind gives you OP stuff, but half the time it's not even useful. It's just fun to accidentally stumble across an 80pt chameleon amulet after some strangers try to drown you.

I'm not claiming that this makes it a better game, just that this aspect makes it stand out from the rest of the series.

Why did you put daedric in a spoiler you fucking retard?

dunmer, tribes, and ashlanders rule dude. you can play thousands of rpgs set in some medieval european country with a twist, morrowind's wild east-asian/martian culture is incredible and i say you should give it another shot maybe

this is really one of the key points concerning the gameplay, if you go in expecting the dice roll combat and specalise and gear up with that in mind, you will do just fine and have a lot of fun doing so
it really is a game that people will assume is functionally broken because they literally can't comprehend the idea of dice roll combat, when I was younger, I found it hard to grasp as well but I got over it and fell in love with the whole thing
as long as you actually work with your strengths (major and minor skills) and not try smack shit with a hammer when you have 5 in blunt weapons and no stamina, you will do just fine

Attached: 1554249391295.jpg (550x550, 46K)

This.
Only literal fucking brainlets or retarded children have problems with Morrowind's combat. You don't need more than 30 or so in any weapon type's skill to reliably hit shit, and any higher than that just boosts that reliability even higher, along with your max damage.

levitation is amazing, you can do so many wild inventive things in morrowind and fuckers ITT drain their stamina, whiff every swing with their longsword and call the game shit

damn, i hate when a game tells me where to go and i have to reference what the npc told me to figure out where to go.
also the different regions are pretty distinct, you're telling me you cant tell the difference between the mongolian yurts on the plains, the telvanni wizards who live in hollowed out mushrooms on the rocky coast, and the (admittedly p common) adobe cities of the southwest?
also figure out how to time your attacks or regenerate your stamina SOMEHOW

Ok, but can you do this in Oblivion? I don't think so.

Attached: 92.jpg (1920x1080, 688K)

It's not a game you can get into now. It requires such a large time investment to figure out the basics that you could have completed another game entirely.

MUH BUGS is not a valid argument. Especially since not everyone will encounter the same kind or the same amount as you. Daggerfall Unity fixes a bunch of bugs that you'd complain about anyway.

hilarious bait. you can meet almost every god in morrowind, and not just because youre the prophesied chosen one. the biggest city in the game is named after one, because he lives in a giant meteor he's suspending over the city with his mind.

Yeah, think of all the shitposting on Yea Forums you'd miss out on...

Any of the Elder-shit games being good is a meme.

how old do i gotta be dude

Ah, to be young and edgy. I haven't felt that way since 2007...

Vivec doesn't live inside the meteor you doofus.

I played Daggerfall when it fist came out. Elder-shit has always been bad, boring, repetitive and poorly-written.

Daggerfall is EXTREMELY shallow, but very wide, that is true. Morrowind increases the depth by several miles, but trades the depth for width. Morrowind isn't 'watered down' at all, but the games after it definitely were.

I playing it rightnow, first time
gonna get my stronghold , house telvanni is awesome

>almost middle-aged
>still have the soul of an edgy 13-year-old
You're a strange and sad little man, and you have my pity.

Elder-shit is only good 4 porn-mods

Attached: Death_battle_season_4_5_template_by_pokesega64-db84o01.png (960x537, 595K)

so do I uncap my skills and attributes or leave them capped?

Because I call out shit gams 4 being shit?

Because you're being a contrarian and attacking beloved, good games for the sake of attention.

>large time investment to figure out the basics
like what?

Yes it is watered down.
>combat is turned from a dynamic output rich feature that enables you to do things like jump off walls, around an enemy, and backstab them for crits
>Diseases are turned from serious shit that can kill you, with an incubation period and the only way to treat it by going to a specialist or (in very rare cases) finding a potion to cure it (unless your a magic centered character but even then the cost to buy a cure spell is a lot)
>Dynamic AI with NPC's that have schedules and routes they can walk? LMFAO lets just have them stand still in one area their whole lives
>Being able to put clothing over armor? Who cares about that nerd shit, lets make the player only able to equip armor or clothes. ;^)
>Realistic medieval based fantasy setting? LAME! Lets just put magic mushrooms all over the place bro that's like so weird BRO *takes a drag of weed*
>Nymphs? Harpys? What the fuck is that shit, and why are they nude? NOT IN MY GAME! *removes all the casual nudity and several creatures for being too exposed* Like LOL people want 20 variants of zombie, that's so much more interesting!
That's just off the top of my head.

How to move
How to open inventory
How to cast spells
How to find fucking anything
How to navigate the retarded dialogue boxes with the hyperlinks

Banks are completely broken. You can just go to x-amount of backwater provinces, borrow a million gold and never have money issues ever again, with zero repecussions since you'll never travel back

Fucking THIS
I wish this never stop getting posted until Beth decides to do a real TES RPG. Skyrim was fun but once you complete the game three times (mage/warrior/stealth archer) then there is nothing to experiment, there's no stat to abuse, no liberty in enchanting alchemy or spells to get creative. There's not enough variety in weapons too.

Is that TR?

>How to move
wut

Such a falsity. It was ported to Xbox after release.

Yes.

Attached: Tamriel Rebuilt_small.jpg (2929x2979, 2.18M)

It really doesn't. Daggerfall is completely level-scaled. You'll find good equipment when your level is appropriate, not before.

Just like in real life.

>wasd
>literally a button
>select spell->click mouse
>read
>click

Are you actually retarded?

>Daggerfall
>jump off walls
>in combat

Yah, nah

>armor or clothes
>implying you can't have both at the same time

You really don't know much about either game, do you?

No but morrowind is
you want to eat magic mushrooms go do it for fucking real you pussy don't waste my time with this shsitt gaem

if you want the game to play it self for you then maybe you should jump in front of a bus and take the easy way out

fuck off boomer the games are they were always bad
gothic 2 is a real rpg

i literally played morrowind for the first time 2 years ago and instantly knew what i was doing because im not some braindead moron

extremely good post my man

One of the MANY (((critically))) acclaimed games that is indeed just boomer nostalgia cringe. It's a fine game that's worth giving a twirl if you don't got nothing better, a SOLID 6/10.

It was designed with XBox in mind. Watch any of the documentaries on Bethesda available on Youtube, they talk about this.
This is false, as I've found things like Elven or Mithril weapons in the first 5 levels. It is not completely level scaled.
>you can't jump off walls!
Yes you can. Start climbing up a wall and then jump off of it. It's hard to do in DOSBox because climbing in general seems to only register half the time, but it's possible. I do it all the time in combat when some zombie fucker tries getting at me.
>y-you can't wear clothes and armor at the same time!
See pic related and pic related after removing the cuirass. Unfortunately the game doesn't let you wear bra + shirt +armor but whatever.

Attached: after.png (1366x768, 299K)

>It was designed with XBox in mind

Menus say otherwise

You can literally have clothes under your armor in Morrowind exactly the same as in your pic. I don't know what you are trying to prove

In all honesty, Daggerfall is worse than even Arena.

The Xbox was the target architecture and the Xbox audience the primary focus. You autisticaly focusing on menus doesn't change anything.
You can't wear several layers in Morrowind consisting of robe + armor + clothing + any amulets and trinkets.

>design a game for Xbox
>use the most mouse-centric menu system ever designed by man

Als, you can wear armor + clothing + trinkets in Morrowind. You can't wear a robe over that as well, this is true.

>You can't wear several layers in Morrowind consisting of robe + armor + clothing + any amulets and trinkets.
Yes you can.

You can wear all of those things at once.

Prove it. Show a screenshot.

because its obvious that gods deadra and supernatural exist you would have to be 56IQ to argue that

its story is good its combat is shit and its objectives are tedious at best abysmal at worst solid game 8/10

>implying gothic gameplay was good
what a brainlet

How many people interact with them? The average commoner only ever hears about them, in most Elder Scrolls games it's only higher ups in the mages guild or adventurers that ever encounter them. If some snooty faggot tries telling you these super being exist, or some disheveled faggot that smells and looks like shit after wading through a sewer told you about them, you'd probably have a hard time believing them too.

lmao come on dude. you can definitely wear jewelry and a robe with a full set of armor in morrowind, i dont remember if you can do pants and shirt as well but honestly? kill yourself

a meme

I was shitting on it hard when it first came out and pretty much the only people who liked it were Americans, normal people in Europe just played Gothic (which was like a polar opposite in almost every way).

It's pretty bad and put Bethesda on the map (which it shouldn't have) which probably regressed the medium even further.

Fuck TES and fuck people who supported it.

Attached: 1562703769085.png (725x628, 131K)

What are some games that move the medium forward?

I don't fucking know, Deus Ex, DMC3, some of Arkane's games (which is beyond ironic since people confuse them with Bethesda since they can't grasp the idea of publishing), FFT, Pathologic 2, etc. Shit that plays good and uses the medium well.

If Morrowind wasn't successful and people weren't sheep, Fallout may not have died and gotten burried beneath the fucking ground. Bethesda might've not existed in the industry today, which would be all around great.

Because all other developers are so much better right? You are a fucking brainlet.

Fallout was dead in the water before Bethesda brought it back to the public consciousness.

Morrowind is unrealistic. Take Mage guild for example, you can just waltz right into their hall or even bedroom without any problems.

What if you were a spy? Sabatuer? What if you were a thief? Wouldnt it be more realistic if there was a vetting process and members only?

>You're a fucking brainlet
Why, because I don't like them and you do? Likely because of nostalgia? Their games are fucking below average in quality and they were swimming in money at one point, do you think that's good and promotes growth in the industry? Also who gives a fuck about other developers, we're talking about Bethesda.

And then they dreddged up the corpse and raped it by making Fallout 3. Do you think people would be satisfied with where Fallout is right now if Obsidian didn't fix everything for Bethesda with NV? And it's honestly a fucking godsend it turned out the way it did given what Gamebryo is.

I wouldnt recommend openMW just yet. you can "play" most of the game but it's not properly tested yet and world lighting + shadows is missing

I’m 70 and I liked it. Get good, children.

i prefer 1 sec fortify jump ring its way faster

>Do you think people would be satisfied with where Fallout is right now if Obsidian didn't fix everything for Bethesda with NV?
For those who are too young to remember, Fallout 3 was very favorably received and is still well-liked. The only people who hate on it are people who like to pretend they were fans of Black Isle back when they were still toddlers but in fact only learned of Fallout's existence via Fallout 3 and then were convinced by the hi/v/emind to hate on it in favor of New Vegas.

how was it dead again?
tons of people still played and talked about the game before bethesda did anything about fallout.

No more sequels were happening. Van Buren was not happening. Brotherhood of Steel was the latest game in the series.

why would you even try an rpg if you don't like dice combat?
better yet, why does it even bother you?

>implying the combat is even the worst thing about Morrowind
you're completely fucking retarded if that's something that you can't get used to, and I have no idea why people don't mention
>stamina
>encyclopedia NPCs
>world which is gray and practically fucking dead
instead.

Everyone who actually liked Fallout as a franchise was shitting relentlessly on 3 when it came out. The only thing it had going for it is the fact that the formula of Oblivion with guns was fresh back then.

Attached: 1536622536960.webm (724x640, 2.36M)

>armor has very low enchant caps
not all, the deadric set has pretty high capacity and the deadric tower shield has the highest capacity in the game by far, put some cosntatnt restore health on that badboy and youre a god

True, but still not dead though.
Think of a human being, even in your 70s you're alive even without making babies.

I only had 2 issues with the game, one was the walking/running speed and the second was most of the NPCs giving the same generic 3 responses iirc.
I didn't see a problem with stamina though, care to elaborate what about it annoyed you?

Since you're asking Yea Forums, I have to assume you're too much of a zoomer to appreciate it

thats not true

Stamina is a non issue, just make fatigue potions and drink them whenever you need to fight something.

You won't like this game, I can just tell.

But it's a good game in my opinion

>didn't see a problem with stamina though, care to elaborate what about it annoyed you?
The fact that it runs out after two seconds of sprinting? I know you can build it up, have potions and maybe reach a point where it's more comfortable, but if you have to break the fucking game with alchemy to run properly, I think that's bad design.

>Stamina is a non issue
If something being badly designed is a non issue, then sure.

Attached: 1534840790339.gif (520x520, 716K)

>Why, because I don't like them and you do?
No but rather because of the statement that the industry would be better off without Bethesda and if Morrowind never got popular.
How exactly did TES as a series damage video games?
They are big single player games with decently sized DLC/add-ons for the most part.
Compare that to the likes of EA who shit out the same titels on an annual basis.
How is TES the problem here when the last installment by Bethesda was 8 years ago now?

Dice roll combat isn't even a big deal, use a weapon that matches your skill points, level up a bit and you hit the majority of the time so it's not even a problem.

I'm not saying the dice roll mechanic is even close to ideal but the main problem is you're playing like a retard.

>the grey meadows
>that crater with the village in the northwest mountains
>Baan Malur
That whole quadrant is environmental ecstasy

Attached: screenshot002.jpg (1920x1080, 508K)

>leveling up and using potions is breaking the game
?????????

t. rpgcodex

Here you go fag.

Attached: Sieppaa.png (944x983, 1.5M)

damn, im hard. do they have npcs or quest in yet?

Well, first off it doesn't run out that fast and secondly why would you sprint all the time?
i would say the problem is more about the speed at which your character walks/runs instead of the stamina.
It's not really badly designed either, it's actually rather logical to run get exhausted while wearing&carrying a shit ton of stuff.
If, however, your character actually moved at a decent speed, you wouldn't have to keep sprinting.

Install it, fire it up and see it for yourself.
Why do you wanna be spoonfed by everyone when you could make your own fucking mind up?

This fucking board suck and needs to be purged.

Attached: 1476990250956.gif (123x136, 87K)

In Morrowind you could just take a daytrip to that temple with a Dremora and see a daedra without risk of death

Last I checked (about a year ago) they didn't. They had just released Old Ebonhart which is in the center of the bottom part of that map, and they're slowly working their way left.

Last time I visited it was a very mixed bag depending on the region. But that was a few years ago already.
Baan Malur like in that pic was devoid of NPCs.
The Telvanni region had quite a few lively cities and villages with quests and everything. Necrom too was pretty alive.
Its definitely worth a try though. So much to explore.

Europe != Germany. I'm a Swede and Morrowind was far more known here than Gothic

Best robe

Morrowind is literally one of the best CRPGs ever made, hardly "below average" in quality

This.
Is it good? Yeah, it's amazing.
Should you play it now for the first time? No, fuck off.

>this post

Some of us are around 30, user. I was around 12 when I played Fallout 2, and Fallout 3 is very accurately described as a rape of the series (the series was already raped and murdered before that, but this was basically digging up the corpse, cumming on it and parading it around in a silly dress)

Same goes for finland

a masterpiece

>stamina
What's wrong with it?

>encyclopedia NPCs
What's wrong with that?

>world which is gray and practically fucking dead
No it isn't

You can run even without stamina, user

I think you can wear a skirt too in addition to all that stuff.

Yeah. I am styling on all of Vvardenfell. Even the ordinators don't dare to do shit unless I directly talk to them. Kinda eliminates the risk of wearing their armor tho.

yes it is good, and the combat is not that bad. complaining about morrowind's combat is the weirdest point of contention for this game, even weirder considering other rpgs exist that have pretty much the same combat system but are isometric or mmos but I don't hear nearly as many people complain about them, they just take that combat for granted.

What's funny about the combat complaint is that the main issue seems to be the weapon swinging animation

>You can't wear several layers in Morrowind consisting of robe + armor + clothing + any amulets and trinkets.
you can

>everyone who hates Morrowind loves Gothic 2
Gothic 2 confirmed to be the brainlets choice

>tfw you finally get enough speed to run faster than a decrepit 89 year old.
I feel so free

I just want a way to play that won't result in me slaughtering everything.
Anytime I play by about level 10: magic is OP, lockpicking is OP, fucking melee is OP, armor is OP, marksman is OP.

Everything in this game seems like it was designed that after a few hours, you can more or less beat the game with any build that can do some damage

It exists in the time before game designers realised making 3D games where you can aim and swing your weapon, it come in direct contact with an enemy and still miss feels like shit and looks retarded.

Turn based / 2D games getting a roll to hit makes sense because you don't do the aiming. For 3D, its just bizzare and makes Morrowind's combat awful. The only ""good"" thing about it is that there are less limitations on what you can do but even then if you start stacking potions and kill the boss with a fucking lockpick thats more novelty value than an actually fun game

Attached: 1573523749_preview_HyperDrunkThonk.png (600x600, 291K)

you can train your athletics by swimming against a corner with autorun.
Always leave your char to do that for a couple of hours before you actually start playing

>luck almost 44k
>enchant 100
HOW IN THE FUCK?!

What seems to be the problem user?

Attached: Morrowind done.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

>enchant 100

having 100 in enchant, that is pain in the ass to get vanilla way unless you spend full worth of entire vivec city

>all those keys
GET A FUCKING KEYCHAIN

He's one of the people that think Morrowind's retarded decision to allow you to multiplicatively chug potions that allow you to make stronger potions infinitely and by extention do the same to enchants and effectively just toggle god mode is good.

I spent the full worth of the entire Vivec city.

my man's a damn alchemist and an enchanter. stats can be whatever he says they are

You're just bitch made user

Attached: 1563730717664.png (399x455, 161K)

Vivec wont be happy when he leaves his basement.

Dammit user, overpowered=bad, is such a shit opinion. It's there in the game and it should be used lore appropriately after reading the 36 sermons and after/just before beating Dagoth Ur.

But it's great. Why should this be limited?

Potions, my mang.

>Not using the tools the game gives you and do with them as you wish.

Cuck.

Its no different than opening the console and typing tgm

You're not "overpowered". Its not like "oh wow this sword is overpowered, its 20% better than everything else in the game!", your stats become utterly meaningless and the entire game becomes trivial, and its not even difficult to achieve. There's no point playing the game that way, there's zero challenge

>ahah I can wedge the boss into a spot where he can't attack me and I can attack him, this is great game design, using the tools I was given!

thats you

>Its no different than opening the console and typing tgm
Ah, you have achieved CHIM as well I see.

I can't think of any Elder Scrolls game that prohibits you from entering any buildings based on reputation and faction memberships.

Even though it's only about 25-30% complete, the parts without npc's or quests are still absolutely amazing to explore. The entire east side of TR is populated and scripted, but past Old Ebonhart it's just landscaped.

Attached: cormar.jpg (1920x1080, 504K)

>figuring out the game's various systems and using (you might say abusing, that's fine) is the same as using console commands

>shall I explore this cave system? There may be some good armor in there and I'll need that to face the tough challenges ahead
>what shall I focus on, blades or magic?
>what kind of character am I, sneaky? in your face melee? magic?

>oh nvm lol I'll just level enchanting and be godlike at everything

>You're not "overpowered".
>your stats become utterly meaningless
Yes, that's called overpowered.
>the entire game becomes trivial
It's like that since level 50 and no enchants and potions.

Vivec is like the perfect argument for denouncing the concept of gods in the Elder Scrolls.
He literally isn't a god. He is a random asshole that became powerful after finding an ancient artifact and started calling himself a living god. He becomes normal again if he does not regularly recharge at the artifact.
>But the artifact was the heart of a god
Prove it. The reason Lorkhan's heart was separated from him was because he was the heart of the world. So how do we destroy it at the end of the game with no cataclysmic after effects?

I have enough money to spend several vivec cities. Mournhold's mega merchants kinda break the game as you can actually sell all the ebony, glass and deadric loot to them for their full price.

Attached: Sieppaa.png (1399x816, 1.78M)

Yes, it amounts to the same thing. You break the entire game because of a stupid oversight.

is suspension of belief really that difficulty? all that is changing is perspective, major in any skill and use that respective weapon and you're hitting basically half the time. a few levels later, you're hitting far more than missing. is it that hard to imagine that instead of your weapons "missing", it is in fact just a visual representation of the characters lack of skill?

play wow, press an ability, you miss. millions forgive this, I struggle to understand how morrowind is any different.

Attached: 1556827892023.png (470x641, 246K)

its a great world to get lost in but without that child-like wonder its really empty, filled with annoying enemies and poor filler quests. If you can ignore the flaws, and sit through installing 100 ~ graphics mods its a good experience.

Attached: mandul.jpg (1920x1080, 727K)

>No shadows

Your wearing a robe and a mask, neither of which is armor or covering the other.

Its like calling someone thats teleporting around your multiplayer game speedhacking "overpowered". You're not, you've just exploited a design flaw and have broken the game.

WoW doesn't allow you to aim, its a tab target MMO. It has to have miss/hit mechanics.

Its not suspension of disbelief either, thats an entirely wrong way to use that term. Its just dogshit.

>implying that I didn't spend basically the first 40 levels leveling my stats etc to get to the point where I was basically already unbeatable to anything the game threw at me.

The game is easy as shit even without the potions. I boosted myself into godhood because fuck using the mage's guild and stilt striders to travel, when I can fucking leap across Vvardenfell at my leisure. The gameworld is my oyster and I do with it as I deem fit.

pretty sure no one forces you to do the whole potion thing just as no one forces you to use godmode via console.
i might be wrong though

Have you even played WoW? There are tons of spells you need to aim.

Attached: 037.jpg (680x484, 37K)

>in development for almost 20 years
>it's only about 25-30% complete

The developers will die before this is ever completed

Attached: sd.png (500x676, 593K)

You struggle to understand how a first person game where you directly control the aim of your character is different to a tab target based mmo?

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

but he has armor under the robe as you can clearly see in both the portrait and in the itemlist.

>It exists in the time before game designers realised making 3D games where you can aim and swing your weapon
Not really. Daggerfall is 3D and it's dice roll combat manages to not be a hot stinking turd, and despite the fact that the enemies are sprites it does feel like your hitting them.

Godhood is mundane. Being a shit eating peasant going full witcher mode having to chug half his potion stock to clear out the first room in a bandit cave is peak morrowind.

>design flaw
I get not wanting to use it and I get disliking it, but this makes me mad. It's not a design flaw you fucking faggot.

so don't make OP potions and magic gear. there are a million other things to do in the game, does knowing you can exploit the alchemy system eat at you that badly? you can hit tilde anytime and tcl and tgm, does that ruin the game for you?

Ground based AOEs can't miss.

You just compared using legitimate in game mechanics with external hacks.
Your analogy was shit and does not support your argument at all. Try again.

best learn how to make interiors and quest scripting friend, it won't finish itself :^)

that is a weird looking ebonheart

>You just compared using legitimate in game mechanics with external hacks.
because stacking potions achieves the same effect.

>no cuirass
>B-BUT LOOK AT ALL HE CAN WEARZ?
Yeah nice try.

You can clearly see he wears clothes under armor on equiped items icons

>aim
you face the enemies direction, and you left click. in wow, you face the enemies direction and you press a key.
>Its not suspension of disbelief either, thats an entirely wrong way to use that term.
I believe I used to it entirely correctly, you suspend your disbelief in literally every rpg ever when it comes to mechanical gameplay.
you barely control your aim in morrowind, you face the enemies direction and you press a button. you don't even need to be paying attention. in wow, you do literally the exact same thing.

>what mods for a 1st time playthrough?
want to keep it vanilla.

none

>no Cuirass
are you blind?

Attached: retard.jpg (400x305, 33K)

bottom left in the inventory you fucking drooling imbecile

>face an enemy with my bow
>loose an arrow
>it sails clearly over the mudcrab
wtf dude

also archery is actually the worst example of this dogshit design. You have to aim your bow, lead an enemy at range if he's moving and even if you land it square in his chest it can still fucking """"miss"""" despite watching your arrow sail into him

the item in the bottom left is a cuirass man

That's a shirt.

Fuck chainchugging potions, it is god damn tiresome. Part of the reason why I leveled my alchemy to 100 (and used it to attain infinite knowledge via the power of ash yam & bloat juice) was so that I could make potions that I only need to drink once per week. Though, some of my potions are unironically too strong for even me.

>mfw I haven't been able to swim for over a week in game because I made a swift swim potion that boost my swim speed to such levels that I fucking attain flight the moment I hit the shore, and vibrate trough any and all cave walls should there be underwater sections in dungeons.
It takes me like 4 seconds to get to Solstheim from Vivec via swimming right now. It's fucking ridiculous.

Attached: well fug.jpg (480x360, 22K)

the combat is shit so who cares?

Cool. Now put on a shirt under all that and talk about how Morrowind TOTALLY didn't water that part down, which is the whole crux of this "argument".

No honestly, are you blind or retarded?

Attached: retard2.jpg (400x305, 34K)

enchanting yourself so you have 3 trillion luck/personality hardly affects just combat does it omegabrain

the indoril cuirass has a little skirt like that. dont remember what this chrome version is called exactly but its like this

Attached: indoril.jpg (200x146, 12K)

Nigger, there is a shirt under it. Right underneath the pants in the menu.

you deliberately select the one aspect of the game reminiscent of an fps, and even then, how hard is it to suspend disbelief? from mmos, to isometric rpgs, to dnd, to even kingdom come, arrows miss and hit based on player skill, why is morrowind suddenly the one where this tradition suddenly collapses for you and your ability to suspend disbelief ceases?

I wonder if normal people who don't shroud themselves in irony and speak only in memes will ever exist again

Her Hand armor from Tribunal

How so?

>boot up modded Morrowind
>optionally fuck around with the console to force equip items or use a mod to do it
>LOOK GUYS IT ONLY TOOK ME ALL NIGHT TO DO IT BUT HERE'S THE PROOFS
You're not fooling anyone.

honestly i bet i'd like morrowind a lot even if they did gimp daggerfall's amazing shirt-wearing mechanics

doesnt look vanilla or my memory is not how it used to be

>from mmos, to isometric rpgs, to dnd, to even kingdom come, arrows miss and hit based on player skill, why is morrowind suddenly the one where this tradition suddenly collapses for you and your ability to suspend disbelief ceases?

because, you fucking illiterate mongoloid, you don't AIM in an isometric RPG or DND do you? Its decided by dice rolls. In an FPS you don't have dice rolls, you have your ability to track and aim at targets. Morrowind has BOTH

>player skill,
sorry, I meant based on character skill, not player skill in that sense, my mistake.

>oh shit, maybe I am retarded
>I'll just double down and get them totally booty blasted at how dumb I am!

>grasping at straw when proven wrong
So you are retarded ok. It's just easier to admit a honest mistake on anonymous site ya know.

Both.

Attached: dagoth.gif (360x360, 3.37M)

The Tribunal weren't gods and most of them were killed by a perpetually floating altmer with a bad haircut.

>Being a shit eating peasant going full witcher mode having to chug half his potion stock to clear out the first room in a bandit cave is peak morrowind.
Also, that's how my experience in Morrowind started. It is not like I immediately went to making fortify intelligence potions. I didn't even fucking know what ingredients fortified my intelligence nor did I bother to look that out. I only used the wikis for help when I was truly lost on what I was supposed to do in some quest etc.
Like I said earlier, I spent like 40 levels just being a spellblade/alchemist and doing quests and shit, until I realized the power found within mixing Ash Yams and bloat (though I started with ash yam and netch leather).

>doesn't deny it

Attached: 1551572980911.png (396x399, 134K)

The only mod I have installed is one that expands the draw distance, so you are probably just remembering the way Ebonheart looked wrong.

I liked the journal entries, pic related are some journal entries if you're a female and come across a certain bandit.

Attached: Screenshot_20190723-081431_Chrome.jpg (1053x900, 547K)

hilarious. i pray you're just doing to keep the thread bumped

>making shit up
You know being ironically retarded is still being retarded, right?
Besides, not even my screenshot funko toy.
In vanilla Morrowind layering goes like this Clothes>Armor>Robes
You can deny it all you want, but that's how game works, you can install game right now and prove to all of us how wrong we are.
You got a proof from one side, no provide for yours.

you have actually convinced me that people who shit on Morrowind are actually braindamaged, or maybe its just you, because holy shit you are one hell of an impossible retard

but, you're hardly aiming in morrowind? you are implying it requires some profound sense of skill and accurate aiming like an fps, but this isn't even the case for archery in the game. you just look, press the left click, and imagine you rolled a pair of dice like you have been doing from baldurs gate, to planescape, to ultima, to fallout, to wow.

it just seems to be a personal thing for you, it just "feels" weird. I have a magical cure for you, imagine you're playing an rpg and not Doom.

Morrowind is a shit game and the only reason you're defending it is nostalgia goggles. And no, I'm not bumping the thread, and no, modded Morrowind isn't proof of anything. The fact you have to resort to lying and cheating to "beat me" is both childish, and extremely pitiful.

i love it but it really isn't, it has issues out the the ass

oh so you are just retarded
>i'm not bumping the thread
>newkids don't know every post is now bump

>>absolutely no balance
you're saying it as if it's a bad thing

why do people always ask this? just play the game its not like its a weighty literary work or something, its a videogame. just have fun and fuck around, don't even bother with mods imo, just pick up some bugfixes or OpenMW

Also I'm going to throw another good word in for Daggerfall and back up my brohirim here. I'm not sure what it is about it but I honestly have a blast playing it and the depth of character creation makes for a huge variety of builds, that and I personally enjoy the dungeons, the main quest ones are eccelent and many of the random ones are very cool as well.

when you're in some random fuck dungeon and suddenly you stumble upon some really cool or unique area inside its a nice reward.
I'll also add that the combat in Daggerfall IS far better than both morrowind AND oblivion

Attached: 1381690795790.jpg (528x528, 283K)

Yes, though. All of them are shit, but at least morrowind doesn't drag it out. If you've made your character proficient it's just a matter of a few clicks and it's over with.

I think you've mistaken "gloves+boots" for all of the clothing.

Compatibility
Skirts and pants are not mutually exclusive; you can wear both at the same time. Two clothing items, gloves and shoes, cannot be worn with their armor equivalents (gauntlets/bracers, and boots, respectively); these are the only clothing–armor incompatibilities. Only one of each item may be worn at any given time, except for rings (you can equip two).
en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Base_Clothing

Daggerfall

whatever man this shits boring who cares. what's the best shirt in daggerfall?

sage doesn't work anymore?

>that one quest where you are tasked with delivering a "a high-born Telvanni bride -- 'a pretty one, plump, with big hips" to an Ashlander chief, and end up buying a slave girl to pretend to fit that role.

What did Bethesda mean by this?

Attached: 1353660481126.jpg (691x597, 27K)

every since m00t turned in to a nigger

>It was designed with XBox in mind
true, in the same way microsoft excel was

games like gothic or deus ex BTFO morrowind in every regard, and they came out earlier

damn, editing the official wiki to trick this guy online? morrowind fans are truly despicable

>Deus Ex
probably
>Gothic
go back to Czechoslovakia

It's too fucking easy (and no I'm no dark souls fanboy or anything). If you actually take combat skills and are equipped with gear relevant to them, the game is easy even at low levels, but it truly becomes a joke somewhere around level 20 when pretty much every enemy is no longer a match for you at all. I completed only House Redoran and the Fighters Guild and am already an unstoppable force - this is the point where I became bored with the game as wikipedia dialogue and static NPCs can only carry the game so far.

>he is still going at it

Attached: nigger2.jpg (1473x92, 37K)

It's like you never even properly played the game before

the detail density of the world, npc AI cycle and even the combat in Gothic are light years ahead of Morrowind

also you can get total cheat gear at lvl one right near the starting location
to be honest I enjoy that you can totally break the game, to me it seems incredibly silly that they try to make SINGLE PLAYER games so underpowered in the name of "balance"
like if you work for it you SHOULD be able to become OP eventually.

As if morrowind ever was about the "challenge" in the first place, lol. Making your character godlike is if anything more to the point of the game.

Where's the rulebook that says that you MUST use non-dice combat in FPS-games or else it's shit?

sucks. yall ever catch yourself still putting noko?

Getting enchant to 100 is fucking easy as shit m8, even without using potions, enchantments or magic.
You just gotta earn lots of dosh by selling rare equipment, and then find this guy en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Qorwynn and use calm humanoid on him to get him to train you. That's how I boosted my enchanting to 100.

nope, this place is pretty much a reddit waiting room nowdays, people stopped lurking and learning board culture and nigger mods and jannies killed any form of fun related with it

>going full witcher mode
post disregarded lmao go back to your shitty non-rpg

>wah the game is too easy after the 4th play-through when I already know every trick and secret weapon storage.
Yeah well no shit. Reading the uesp and following online guides does that.
Imagine then fun when you actually find out some of that yourself.

Do you even use alchemy m8?

Attached: crummy heart of lorkhan.png (1188x872, 1.01M)

Latest nightly has shadows nigger

It's just inherently not the same thing, user.

I love all three, but I'm not sure you can compare them to each other. Morrowind's world building, setting and and greater character customisation/roleplaying potential makes for a arguably better time depending on your mood. Gothic' feels way more alive though.

Deus Ex is even more non comparable, less of a tabletop rpg in spirit and doesn't provide the same kind of freedom on a max scale.a combination of all three would be the perfect game.

and yet here we are. i'll say one thing for this fuckin place, daggerfall shirtfag would have had his posts hidden and account deleted by now, i like this way better

Even though you're wrong, I find it incredibly amusing that you're going "OH MY GOD YOU CANT EVEN PUT ON A TRIVIAL SHIRT UNDER YOUR ARMOR WHICH YOU WOULDN'T SEE ANYWAY AND WOULD NOT AFFECT HE GAMEPLAY IN ANY WAY LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE"

>Yes, I am a god, what gave that away?

Attached: dagoth chad.jpg (858x1280, 98K)

Attached: morrowind.png (721x355, 119K)

Basic logic.

You either have
>Combat is an abstraction, you are giving orders to your character more than you are controlling them, actions are decided by dice rolls (i.e tabletop RPGs, isometric games, turn based games)
or
>The outcome of combat is dermined by your direct control of a character, you aim, you move, you take actions and your personal ability to execute them matters. There's no abstraction, you are not ordering your character to "do this platforming puzzle", YOU are doing the platforming puzzle.

Morrowind uses both and its very rare because it feels like shit.

just call them faggots, is all they are worth anyway

nigger why would you wear a shirt without a constant effect enchantment in the first place

>all those (You)'s
thanks guys, it's like you care or something

Attached: MGE Screenshot 001.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Which is something that you can still do in Morrowind anyways.

That's literally just your own highly personal opinion

Okay but something created an artifact that is able to bestow god-like power upon a random asshole through their own innate power. Just because someone was able to attain a higher level through VERY extradinary means doesnt disprove the objective concept of gods in TES's universe

You're right but it's a great game anyway. At least once you get on any entry level proficiency, the combat gets pretty trivial. Either you beat the enemy stat wise, or you don't. So you just stand there for a minute and click. It might not be exciting, but it's not tedious.

Of course you can change the odds with potions and spells and whatnot, but that's outside of the core combat mechanic.

oh yeah, i'm with you. i'm just saying it does affect the game. i'd like morrowind about the same even if they did casualize daggerfall's legendary shirt-wearing mechanic. but thank god, the shirt system returned in all it's famed complexity

its hard as fuck when you start but if you have at least a bit of patience after awhile you should be able to understand how shit works and how fucking easy is really is it
the story is cool the lore is interesting there are a lot of books to read, like darkest darkness or kagouti mating habits or whitershins
daggerfall
now that game is a real bitch i have about 9 days to rescue some bitch from a vampire before gild gives away my assignment to someone else, im in front of the room of the princess but the door is locked with a spell
i dont have the spell required to open the door
travelling to daggerfall city again to get to a magic shop to get the spell i need (if i can find the spell) might take more than 9 days
im screwed

No, not really. Its a common complaint. The fact that very few games use both systems isn't an opinion, either.

Also, Morrowind is highly inconsistent about it. If I fire an arrow at someone and I hit them there's a roll to hit implying combat is an abstraction and really its my character deciding the outcome of combat. But if I miss, there's no backup roll that means I could still hit the enemy, implying there's no abstraction and whats being seen is actually happening.

Conversely, if I sidestep an arrow I can make it miss but if I stand there I might be able to mitigate the damage but it will never "miss".

>don't even bother mods imo
lmao imagine being this fucking based

Attached: 1556012486102.png (679x699, 1.14M)

morrowind does not require much personal ability however, the outcome is combat is not anymore determined by direct control over the character as it is in any other rpg.

in platforming you have to judge depth and execute accurate well timed moves, therefore outcome is determined by carefully directed input. morrowind's combat is not analogues to this, the only extra required input is clicking of the mouse on the part of the player, or slowly and easily moving out of the way of a fireball. the subset of people incapable of dissociating a swing on screen from a literal swing seem to approach the experience as if it's an fps, when that is a demand/standard required of the game.

you can argue that it makes for an unsatisfying experience, and you may be right, if you're playing it as if it's an fps. like other rpgs, the progression of mechanical character skill is the source of satisfaction and acquiring loot.

too many new players get caught up in what mods they need and retards always give them a huge laundry list which inevitably turns them off.

the vanilla game is solid anyway and personally I don't like any of the graphics mods.

Will Bethesda ever write a villain as compelling as Dagoth Ur?

>when that is a demand/standard required of the game
meant when that is an unnecessary demand/standard, am tired.

The draw distance mod is a must m8. Not being able to see further than 50 feet has no excuses on modern systems.

I liked Mancar Cameron but he was nothing in comparison to Dagoth, especially considering he was not even physically present for 99% of the game and yet had a massive presence.

quickloot

I don't see the point of making a 3D game where you directly control your character if you actions don't determine the outcome of things.

If hitting an arrow is a result of my character's stats rolling high enough for a hit thats fine, thats a staple of RPGs. But don't make me ALSO aim the damn bow. Its irritating and poor visual feedback, even without going into a missed sword swing and a sword swing thats a hit looking literally identical

What a whore! Women in real life would never want to date a bandit or a criminal brown robber

Well, that's up to the player

No.

Attached: gome.jpg (600x895, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Welcome Moon-and-Star

Attached: dagoth chad 2.png (1152x1080, 611K)

If you played it when it came out it was fun, but returning to it without the nostalgia barrier of safety is a fucking mission

Not an official stable release

Wrong.
I literally played Morrowind for the first time this month and it blew me away on how much better it was than the later tes games.

I played it for the first time a month ago and it's fantastic, nostalgia has NOTHING to do with it.

most graphics mods I've seen make shit look like shiny plastic and it doesn't add to the experience, I grew up on the game unmodded and that's mostly how I like it, except for...
this one, getting rid of that fog makes the game so much nicer to look at, but it does have the side effect of making you realise just how small the game world really is

The variety of the gameworld does offset the smallness to a degree. Each region of the world is distinct from one another in quite significant ways.

>I don't see the point of making a 3D game where you directly control your character if you actions don't determine the outcome of things.
because elder scrolls has always had a combat system where you clicked to swing in 3d environments, all the way back to Arena. you do not have direct control, rather, it is akin to slightly increased demand for input which arguably may make for a slightly more "compelling" experience than just watching your character swing for you and miss occasionally. but that slightly extra demand for input from the player still is not analogous to an fps and ought not to be treated as such.
>But don't make me ALSO aim the damn bow. Its irritating and poor visual feedback, even without going into a missed sword swing and a sword swing thats a hit looking literally identical
but once again, I argue Morrowind does not require any kind of skill based aiming, as the function of "aiming" is merely looking at an incredibly slow moving target and clicking the left mouse button, but the demand for literal interpretation is not present. the combat is still an abstraction, with slightly more demand for input. not perceiving the experience as simply a first person Baldurs Gate is handicapping the experience unnecessarily.

The most lit track in all of Nirn, coming trough.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYs_gUs35eM

32 here and fuck that dice roll bullshit.
Dice roll isn't evil on its own, but for fucks sakes, getting permastunned and completely facefucked MULTIPLE TIMES in a matter of hours is just plain retarded mechanics.
You wanna dice roll, fine. Just don't define my character's combat abilities with it.

Your character's combat abilities are determine by his/her STATS, which YOU determine both in character creation, as well as in how you choose to level up. Your combat performance is almost completely under your own control from the very beginning of the game.

> Skyrim was fun but once you complete the game three times (mage/warrior/stealth archer) then there is nothing to experiment, there's no stat to abuse, no liberty in enchanting alchemy or spells to get creative. There's not enough variety in weapons too.
you can do nightblade with illusion and daggers
its like the stealth archer but instead of abusing the poor enemy ai you become invisible and you hit the dude with dagger
there is the sound shout that is decent to split enemies and killing them one by one

absolutely love that the first enemy on the road to balmora has an attack that paralyzes you

Why do people always bring up their age as if that justifies their stupid opinions?

Scribs are also completely non-aggressive unless provoked, so anyone who decides to be a dick and attack the native fauna of Vvardenfell brings the snow nibble to death onto themselves.

>You wanna dice roll, fine. Just don't define my character's combat abilities with it.
how else would dice rolls operate if not how it defines your combat experience in an rpg? do you just want to limit it to something like speechcraft?

youtube.com/watch?v=V2liozIXhJA
What do you guys think of the Nerevar rising re imagining the Skywind project is using?

Personally I love the singing, the singing part is almost superior than the original to me.

Attached: morrowind town.jpg (2449x1225, 305K)

>another brainlet who blames the dice roll for his poor play
are you sure your skills weren't just fucking garbage
>permastunned and completely facefucked
will never happen if you aren't stupid, this has nothing to do with dice rolls

The singing kinda annoys me that it's there but it's not *bad* singing so I can't really complain.
Otherwise it might be good but not even as close to the original if they can't put the rpg elements of morrowind in it.

this nigga a shitter

Posts like this are why I will cry when the CIA finally shuts 4ch down.

This unironically.

To my understanding they are aiming to completely rework the way perks etc function in Skyrim and even bring back attributes etc.

>no good reason

I enjoy Morrowind and Daggerfall like any old rpg fan but the dumbing down is what made TES a blockbuster user.

Oh shit really? That'd be great.
Honestly bringing in spears alone is already getting me interested. But that helped a lot too.

little too cinematic for my taste and has too much going on, far too bombastic which doesn't really set you up for the more tranquil and melancholic experience Morrowind really is. should just keep it minimal and simple like the original.

I'll never understand why people bitch about the NPCs being wikipedia pages. By the way games are now its clear that the only realistic alternative is them giving you no actual information at all.

>this game is built on dice roll
>IT'S NOT DICE ROLL'S FAULT THAT YOU GET PUNISHED BY DICE ROLL!!!

I only really like the singing portion precisely because it to me sounds basically just like the original theme, but with dunmeri singing atop of it.

This game is built on stats and the interplay between them, with a degree of rng, which you can easily nod in your favor via the way your stats are set up.

I literally never had a single problem with missing in combat during my very first plaything. I made sure my short sword skill was as high as possible during skill creation. And then once I level up enchanting enough to get bound daedric sword, I literally never missed again since bound weapons buff accuracy. I swear you people must be micro-brains.

Reminder: Skywind is SKYRIM with morrowind environment. NOT Morrowind, with the benefits and improvements of modern engine.

No shit. How is that relevant to the music they use tho?

It's amazing but you're probably a peabrain that would nitpick small things because its not enough like skyrim

this

Attached: 1551342685485.jpg (653x490, 41K)

"No shit"???

It took me 3 years before I realized it, and stopped waiting for it.

It's going to be awful, I won't even download it. It's literally just Skyrim with some Morrowind paint it looks disgusting and will still have the terrible skyrim gameplay and animations and limitations. Also they cant use the real NPC dialogue lines or the Morrowind music. Not like it will EVER be finished and released anyway.

It's in the fucking name m8. Are you daft?

>wake up
>morrowind thread
>already at 500 posts

Attached: 1529963580158.png (572x508, 545K)

>we are in desperate neeed of 3d modellers!
How you know a mod is NEVER getting finished

Attached: 151677818.png (466x776, 658K)

same

Attached: +447.jpg (446x336, 25K)

it must be pretty hard to have trouble if you're a smolbrain too.
>me stronk
>me pump sord skil
>me smash
You have to actively try to get a shitty character desu

Attached: nwah.jpg (1920x2218, 851K)

>getting permastunned
You installed Tribunal before finishing the main quest, I can read all over this post
reminder to install the Delay Dark Brotherhood attacks mod because that behavior was unintended, you're not supposed to get paralyzing assassins the first fucking night

You're a fucking spastic, you just need to pick one weapon skill and optimally make your race bonus match that skill, then you won't miss ever.

Not even, you can go Altmer and have any specific weapon skill selected and hit fairly often if you keep your fatigue high and have a decent agility score.

Attached: morrowind__temple_donation_by_igorlevchenko_d9xjgbr.jpg (2480x3508, 2.95M)

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891 i hope you dont use v1

Attached: kyoung-hwan-kim-som-07b.jpg (900x1278, 286K)

... are you trying to pick a fight by agreeing with me?

Can you even read? You were implying that by having one weapon skill you were 'creating a boring character' or else you couldnt hit anything bla bla. It's one weapon skill, you can still be a mage or a stealthy boy if you wanted.

>it must be pretty hard to have trouble if you're a smolbrain too
>too
Dude, my point was that smart or dumb choices, it's always hard to create a bad character that misses a lot.
I don't know what the fuck you're on about. Chill. And learn to read.

the game is all about tipping the dice rolls in your favour and its easy enough to do so
if you can't, you are legitimately stupid or just too stubborn to learn it and then cry about it
>be skilled in long blades
>hit harder and miss less with long blades
wow, what a wild concept, also you can level any skill you want with training so you can have all bases covered, its just that starting out, its best to play to your strengths, like playing a Redguard and using long blades as a major skill, not doing stupid shit you see in those webms like an orc being a spellcaster, which CAN work later on, but the early game is hard against you because spellcasting is not an orc's strength early on