Tell me about a genre you don't like and why

Tell me about a genre you don't like and why

Attached: Dr_Rich_armchair.png (1153x782, 264K)

"Metroidvania" It's not the genre, it's just the name itself. It's fucking stupid.

>JRPGs
>weebs

RTS

It's boring PC nerd shit

>Metroidvania
>Soulsborne
>Character action
>Rogue-lite

Attached: PukingAnimeGirl.gif (600x600, 189K)

"Sport games"
Just go outside you fat piece of shit.

>Sports
>Racing

That's about it.

sports games. why play a game about a game. rocket league is the worst of them all. go play with hot wheels, its okay. go vroom vroom. you deserve it.

MOBAs.
The games are designed where you are going to lose 50% of the time no matter how good you are doing.
And they wonder why the fan base gets angry.

Mobas. I don't.have the necessary constant gamesense required to play at a level beyond mediocre- That and I just haven't wanted to look up how to counter popular metas/characters. Also, I'm just not into e-sports.

JRPGs. Everything about them is just way too slow. I used to enjoy them, but I think I might have just had less to do with my time back them.

Medroidvania

I want to like them, I really really want to. I just find myself screaming
>Where the fuck do I go
more than actually playing the game.

Attached: 1535611209100.jpg (675x960, 97K)

"action" games where you can just spam X to win

JRPGs
they're practically non-games. A handful of them have stories that are worth trudging through the uninteresting gameplay for but those are the exception

I fucking hate racing games because they’re always in automobiles. I want a modern whacky motorcycle skateboard or hover board racer. I’m tired of beating sonic riders for the hundredth time.

Anything played competitivly
Like lmao tryhard nerds

Rts games
With the exception of pikmin, which is honestly not even an rts, I just find them very boring. It’s a shame because some NON gameplay elements in games like fire emblem or pit people seem interesting. It’s just that I can’t get into the most important part of the game.

MMO’s
They are all the same
All you fucking do is grind and quest every fucking second
Raids are pointless and not fun
Ability’s and other shit have a cooldown and the animations suck ass
Literally nothing worth of value playing them
The RNG and loot system is fucking trash
Also MOBA’s are second place for me for the worst genre of video games
MMO’s are first place

Attached: BBBEE051-256A-44D3-B5B4-BC8C6EEC089C.png (400x416, 156K)

Sports
Racing without a wheel
COD style FPS
MOBAs including auto chess

Literally all the biggest chads play fifa and madden

I'm too brainlet/ADHD for RTS

I get no satisfaction out of MOBAs

Whatever genre Overwatch is, I hated it

Attached: 1473213537566.png (657x527, 51K)

Moba’s are also all the fucking same
Except for Battleborn

Attached: 3EEF8579-3D52-46B1-BC55-43A0B916D753.gif (267x200, 485K)

First person shooters. Gamepads are clunky, KBM is boring. 35 years since Duck Hunt and the fucking Zapper is still the best medium for the genre.

>t. got cucked by an e-girl

You know there's more types of MMOs that WOW clones, right? Try EVE sometime.

Online-only RTS
I can't micromanage at all.

Overwatch is a dumpster baby of FPS and Moba mixed together in a paper bag that was lit on fire

Attached: 82AFDEFB-605A-4E2D-B00D-C4A3C02E4D92.gif (500x281, 795K)

Are there any singleplayer/PVE RTS games besides Warcraft 3? I'm not interested in getting competitive but I might want to try an RTS focused on the singleplayer

This. Also, Hollow Knight sucks. Super Metroid is the only good one.

I haven’t even played a MMO
Just from watching videos of different games I feel that they are all the fucking same

Attached: 2E2C8405-95B9-48FC-9EAD-8B80816DF709.jpg (900x960, 153K)

Try BallisticNG

what the FUCK is an auto chess? I think I'm officially old.

>Watching videos of other people playing games then spouting opinions of them
Worthless fucking zoomers.

>i havent played [genre]
>BUT I FUCKING HATE WHAT I SAW
Welcome home, user. You belong here.

I can't fucking stand sports games. Everything that wasn't Blitz on N64 and Pyre if you consider that a sports game, is so fucking boring.

Also fighting games sort of, but secretely I'm just jealous that I've never learned how to get good at them. Good fighting game players, to me, deserve all that "esports" fame and attention over the MOBA players. Fighting games come across as way more complex and skill-based.

I lied
I did play wow until cata

Attached: BB5E78F2-9D1F-4628-BD45-2C55012E1E71.jpg (1280x1280, 201K)

redemption games are for goddamn fucking retards "oh look at me I'm getting tickets for a pencil eraser in the shape of pikachu"
Fuck you, you moronic sacks of shit and fuck skee ball.

Fighting games, there's nothing appealing to me in coordinating hitboxes in a 2D enviroment. And since I tend to be a minmax autists I couldn't play it casually either, it would consume dozens of hours to get up to speed with the techniques and concepts so I don't even bother

JRPGs

Probably my low attention span but JRPGs are incredibly slow and sluggish. Can't wait to go through menus over and over for hours on end until I hit the credits.

Command and Conquer, especially Red Alert 2. You can play all the ones up to Red Alert 2 for free and with a modern sourceport. Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology campaigns are also comfy.

Platformers
I don't understand the appeal of them to be honest
Most JRPGs
I only like 2 of them, turn based is a big turn off and I don't care to explore the genre any further

This. MOBA games are just so designed to make enraged teammates they breed hatred. And they are gob in tons of characters half of which will end up useless and others completely broken overpowered.

They killed RTS as well and were born out of the most boring aspect of WC3.

Art for MOBA games is usually nice tho.

I would say Sports like some others are saying, but honestly sport and racing games have only recently turned generic yearly release. Going back to gen5 and gen 4 there were a lot of unlicensed wacky ones on Sega and also the WWE games which were fun.

Homeworld
I like the campaign in the first dawn of war

They are more like auto card games with the cards on field represented with moba characters. You draft and build a team from new cards every round then they auto-fight and you earn gold and shit and wear down the opponents hp. 8 players in a game. Mostly about working around the rng, managing gold for rerolls and building team with synergy (having more than one type of the same class/race will give bonuses).

Fighting Games
It's not that I don't like them, I just really suck at them. They seem like great fun with a lot of cool mechanics. Not my cup of tea kind of thing I guess.

first-person shooters. Gameplay wise, they're just about exactly the same. All of them are overhyped and are all cookie cutter soulless shit. I even played Half-Life 2 and thought it was basically the same as a Call of Duty campaign, nothing special. Plus most of the notable fps games are primarily multiplayer which is its own subtumor

>2d platformers
Cool in short bursts but never hold my attention for long
>Flying shooters like ace combat
I like them but they always make me want to play a real sim instead

Never understood the appeal of BR games
>Drop in
>Get nothing
>Die from across the map by someone who landed on a sniper rifle

RTS because being able to do 20 different things simultaneously matters more than actual strategy. ASSFAGGOTS because it's RTS for stupid people.

Attached: assfaggots vs rts.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

unironically git gud

Attached: 1562446922356.jpg (410x468, 61K)

COD is the only good COD styled fps desu, everything else in the subgenre is a crappy knockoff

Not a fan of any loot-based games. I just don't like the idea that I'm spending my time rolling the RNG dice so that I can get a specific gun or sword or armor piece with one of a billion possible properties. It's part of a more general problem I have with videogames that have RNG-based loot drops. It has never felt satisfying for me to finally get the item I want. It's more like a sense of relief that my pain is finally over.

Fighting games. Online play is too inconsistent for matches to be competitive. They also charge full price for barebones content that pretty much never sees progress over successive installments.

Attached: DB2016F1-2187-43B0-BAEA-A0A00697C325.jpg (300x300, 25K)

>Fighting Games
I'm terrible at them and don't care enough to get gud. Usually horrible monetization schemes too.

>JRPGs
Weeb trash, shit art-style, and turn-based combat

>MMOs
Walk to arrow, talk to NPC, fetch quest, grind for hours, repeat.

>"Open World RPG"
Large world with the same 4 NPCs you'll encounter endlessly all around the map doing the same 3 activities over and over again ad nauseum.

>BR
Drop into an empty map, find one shitty gun with three bullets and die 30 seconds later to someone with full body armor and an LMG.

>Sports games
Just no.

>RPGs
I’m just impatient, I guess. I don’t like scrolling through dialogue box after dialogue box and grinding forever to beat the next boss. Games that go at a faster pace like platformers, action adventures, sometimes strategy games if I’m desperate.
The only RPGs I actually liked were Terraria, Pokemon and Yokai Watch.

MMOs because the truth is making an MMO with good gameplay is impossible and shouldn't be the focus to begin with. MMOs should be chat rooms first and RPGs second. Also fuck Koreans, they put so many fucking microtransactions in their games it's ridiculous.

Attached: good mmo.png (478x944, 576K)

RTS guy isn't doing anything other than trying to boost his APM number. Fortunately there's RTS that isn't APM based, Total War and Company of Heroes moves too slowly to fall into that trap.

starcraft

almost all of them actually.

are you me?

I'm not, but clearly your tastes are at least somewhat less shit than others.

literally any game set in a modern sandbox environment like GTA, the whole largely empty sandbox works for medieval settings or some post apocalyptic setting like fallout seeing how the world is largely untamed and empty, but when you're in a large metropolitan city that's supposed to be dense and then most of the buildings are just inaccessible textured models, it's shit, which is why I'm disappointed in cyberpunk 2077, I honestly thing Deus ex mankind divided did it nicely, 2 districts in Prague but quite concise and had verticality. Even vtmb did it nicely, though you can't access everything in that game, you still have nicely established districts and an entire sewer system for each, I hope the second game follows the first in that regard.

Attached: 1563541413035.gif (540x400, 394K)

>weebshit
>it's gay as fuck

survival games. they piss me off because there's no actual reason to continue playing the game. build a fort. okay, now what? what's my goal? it doesn't have a satisfying gameplay loop. they bore the hell out of me.

fighting games

they are too hard

Attached: 1552893338625.gif (216x288, 827K)

I don't like fighting games because to really get good at them you need to put in a lot of time and practice and I keep fumbling the quarter circles or those fucking z-motions for moves.

Fighting games. I don't like them conceptually. I don't like that I need to know a button combination to do a thing. Movement system always comes off really weird or janky and I don't like 1v1'ing people. I don't have a problem with the genre though. And I don't want it to change. Keep it tailored to its audience. Its fine that people like it. I just really don't like it.

The Forest is a nice exception to this, as it has an actual plot and an endgame.

Collectathons, I just don't find that to be interesting

I love the genre, but god I wish it had a less stupid name.

Yeah that term is wack.

Autism

hk is one of the few good ones retard

I don't like shooters (first or third person) at all, I only play games with shooting mechanics if they have something else to offer. I like Resident Evil and Metroid Prime for instance, but because of everything other than shooting. I don't even like run and gun games, I'm all about melee combat.
Also, I don't like games that require you to do the same shit over and over again, like most online games. I like fighting games though, but I just fuck around with each character a bit, pick one and play him for like 20 hours and I'm done with the game.

JRPGs
Persona 5 was the only one I could get into
I don't hate the combat or turn-based stuff or status effects or whatever, I like all that stuff
I hate how most JRPGs don't have the type of customization games like Skyrim do, and I can't stand the gross "Japan"-isms I guess you call it
>panty shots
>girls acting like kids
>excessive fan service
>usually REALLY long, more than it needs to be
>WE WILL STOP YUO WIT TEH POWR OF FRENDSHIP!!!1!!!1!!!111!

I hate JRPG's because they aren't real RPG's. Morrowind is an RPG. Dragon's Dogma is an RPG. FF isn't because you don't get to make a character and don't get to pick a class. I don't want to play the same boring generic sword dude in every single JRPG ever. I want to be something different.

FPS
It ruined my childhood friendships, since I refused to play them

I can't stand any game with crafting-based progression. I got into Subnautica for a while but hunting for resources ultimately made me lose interest in the game.

>MMOs
People don’t play these cause they are fun, it’s basically a competition of how much time you are willing to dedicate.

Fighting enemies doesn’t take skill or much thought, it’s literally just auto attack and spamming the hot keys. There is no maneuvering, dodging, it’s only about having the numbers.

So where does the challenge come from if not skill? It’s time. How much time can you sink into grinding, doing fetch quests, etc.

Once you done that, your reward is to be able to show off to other people your stats, moves, and equipment.

The reward of playing of MMOs, boiled down, is so show off trinkets you have to friends/strangers. Or people use the game as a backdrop for Internet social interaction.

Attached: C5F2CAB2-2025-4EF5-9855-D08EB5D752BF.png (740x490, 372K)

2d platformer with backtracking and upgrades is too lengthy to say

>Soulsborne
describing the difficulty and how it handles failures/lives/etc

>Fighters
Designed for and played by smelly ausits

Apex is worse
>drop in
>spend 10 minutes looting crates
>get sniped instantly

fucking christ this so much,
Was gonna say RPG but MMORPGs are top of the list.
Its for bugmen

>RTS focused on the singleplayer
Total War is a essentially a single player RTS game. Not much of a story though in any of the games except Three kingdoms.

>RTS
Starcraft is but one game in a giant genre

Oh go make another article crying about it on Kotaku, you faggot.

RTS
I have never stopped being 200% maximum buttmad that the industry followed the dune 2 "sit back like a tard selectin' shit" model instead of the herzog zwei "take an active part in the action" model.

I wish i could stand turn-based combat games but I simply can't. The whole core of the game being fumbling through menus and mowing through a creature's health while you try to stay alive is just a chore for me. A shame, since there are so many great ones out there.

MOBA, its shitty RTS that's not RTS, I hate those shitty retarded towers, I have no idea how something so retarded is so popular. I thought RTS wasn't a very popular genre? So why something thtlat spawned from it so popular? At least with Fortnite I can see what people would like.

I don't like competitive games because "meta" always sucks the fun out of the game and renders 90% of it unviable. I also hate shitty minmaxfriends in team based games who talk down to everyone else and think they're carrying because they copied a build from yahoo answers.

>Team based games
I used to be really into shit like MOBAs and Competitive FPS's until I started playing fighting games. I'd rather lose because I suck than lose because I have a feeder on my team.

>Dating sims
Go outside. Eventually fucking that waifu in Persona 5 is going to get old.

>gets rushed by a Bangalore shitting up the screen with smokescreen

>mobas because they're boring as shit and super repetitive. Bonus points for losing friends to LoL because that's all they ever do and we drifted apart
>Looter shooters. Shooting skills means jack because it's all about the numbers. I have terrible luck and I never seem to ever get any good guns.
>MMOs more mostly the same reason for loot shoots. I also hate the social parts, monthly subscriptions, the endless boring grinds, and the feeling that it only gets good after 59 hours.
>Auto chess because chinks.
>Sports because all sports games suck now. The fun wacky shit doesn't exist anymore and instead you get a bunch of yearly rehashes that everyone jerks off over because it has their favorite overpaid nigger playing apedunk.

Attached: Flag_of_French_Sudan_(1958-1959).svg.png (1280x853, 10K)

Can't really blame DotA for the MOBA flood since it was entirely its own thing with a niche audience playing Warcraft.
There were several other maps that people played in Warcraft too.

>sports
Just why? Boring as fuck and doesn't really fill any niche
>gacha
I understand that it's for brain damaged people and overworked Japanese people to play on the train, but still, pure retard mode.
>survival/crafting
Do the same autistic shit repeatedly until you die to something stupid. Aim to reach peak equipment and resources and then what? Nothing. All pointless. Unturned is a prime example of this and yet I have friends who've sunk hundreds of hours into it for some goddamn reason.

Survival/crafting's appeal is its multiplayer with the social aspect of surviving together.
Gacha is for waifufags that want rewards with minimal to zero effort
Sports is just a supplement for people who are already big sports fans

MOBAs.
No idea how someone can play the same map for 10,000 hours and still be happy with that. I know most MOBAs have like 100+ characters to play as and against, but still.

Eh, there's much nuance in one map that it is similarly like an actual sport's playing field.