Who the fuck was this guy anyway?

Who the fuck was this guy anyway?

Why is Miyazaki always introducing cool characters but then going nowhere with them

Attached: tengu-of-ashina-gallery-6-sekiro-wiki-guide.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

Is this bait? He's Isshin. It's not even something you have to "figure out". He straight up makes it obvious once you speak to him.

Attached: 1563766569042.gif (300x242, 1.13M)

are you serious

Broofs?

Souls fans just have a habit of grasping at straws when trying to piece together the bare bones lore.

Attached: where is the proofs.png (852x644, 310K)

The only 2 faggots that call you Sekiro are the same dude. Same voice. You can see the tengu outfit in Isshin's room.

>le fan theory poster is retarded
makes sense

ok vaati

He's supposed to be Isshin but they fuck it up right before you fight Owl because Isshin is also in his bedroom in another area of the castle, literally within sight of the injured Tengu who's supposed to be Isshin.
So either it's an intentional bait-and-switch or From fucked up. Likely the latter.

>the injured Tengu who's supposed to be Isshin.
That Tengu wasn't supposed to be Isshin, Einstein.

>same voice actor
>"i never though i'd have to ask you of all people for help"
It's Isshin, dumbass.

Isshin.
If you meet Isshin first, he makes you discover who he is by finding the Tengu's note.
If you meet Tengu first, Wolf mentions the similarity in voice and Isshin confirms it.

That old drunk dude hobbles out of his bedroom to dress like an idiot and murder Ministry ninjas?

He has the costume hanging in his room when you finally speak to him.

hell yea right before being reborn out of his own grandsons neck
what a fucking chad

hey man, don't make fun of vaati when you can't even continue that tengu and ishiin are the same person
lmfao

>his own grandson
Genichiro was adopted into the Ashina clan

Only two people call you Sekiro in the whole game: Tengu mask guy, and Isshin.
Isshin has the same voice actor.
The Tengu gear is hanging in his room.

Vaati can't either until someone in a /vg/ thread points it out lmao

i feel like you should work on your observation skills instead of being obsessed with that garbage board and some eceleb

a reddit thread*

that makes it even weirder, i thought the young isshin thing had to do with the ashina bloodline

the black mortal blade opens a gate to the underworld
thats why he comes back
he's still pretty old

Attached: sword siant.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

This dudes design was a travesty. I mean maybe not UGLY but it’s a cluster. Why is he wearing a helmet with a casual robe? Should’ve had the armor from the intro.

Attached: 62CCCDCC-4994-4ECA-8C21-BBB47A6672AE.png (310x420, 261K)

He was getting ready to take it easy in the afterlife and then his worthless shitty grandson decided to bring him back out of spite. Dude only had time to grab his fucking helmet.

>Same voice actor

So not only retarded, also hearing impaired.

>chilling in his bath robes
>had his gun, spear, and sword close and ready
he was probably just too lazy to put on all of his armor

>Tengu says he’ll reward you if you master a skill tree
>After Isshin dies, Emma says he wanted her to pass on something if Wolf mastered a skill tree
Holy fuck you’re stupid.

he picks up the spear from the ground. that flowerfield was a site of battle so theres bunch of shit lying around. he probably picks up guns as well, thats why he doesnt reload.

I think the design is really based. Only a robe that offers close to no protection and his sword but still manages to look more menacing than anything in the game with his badass posture. Not to mention he is the creator of various techniches Sekiro learned along the way.

Attached: sue.jpg (461x460, 59K)

he's still a retard for leaving tomura's spear in the ground for 30 years
how did he know his final battle would be at that exact place

once the ministry invades you can visit isshin and emma. isshin says something like she's keeping watch over him and she even says that she can't take her eye off of him because he will disappear.

the injured tengu isn't the same tengu that is isshin

So in the non-Ashura playthrough, old man Isshin was killed by Genichiro, right? I remember him telling Emma he would take some of the blows of the black mortal blade to weaken Genichiro enough for Wolf to finish him off.

i really hope elden ring comes out next year

Attached: 1559264618197.png (419x485, 207K)

Miyazaki didn't write sekiros characters or item descriptions

not only does the game hint it to you, but Sekiro confirms it as well.
After Isshin calls him Sekiro, he says something along the lines of
"Oh, you were..."
I'm paraphrasing because that was months ago, but basically acknowledging that it was him but doesn't say "tengu".

If you extrapolate the announcement and release of Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, and Sekiro, it'll be March 2020.

i dont remember that at all

neither do I. I remember there were a few lines mentioning his death, but I got the impression it was finally his old age/health.

>Sekiro had the most obvious and straight-forward story
>some people still didn't get it
>using a "MUH SOULS FAN THEORIES" as an excuse
Did people also not realize who the Demon of Hatred was?
I swear you'd think when people spend so much time on a hobby like this they'd be good at least at something as simple as paying attention

Attached: me right now.webm (720x720, 497K)

>old age/health
the only thing I remember that was to the contrary was a line about his sword being near pointing to a not so peaceful death
paraphrasing obviously

That basically was it, it was his illness taking him, at least that's what Emma says. Not sure if it's a specific illness or just the general age/health

Are you saying the Demon of Hatred was the Tengu?

No it was obviously Emma.

Attached: 1503976808460.png (567x493, 499K)

Emma's still there at the end of the game though.

There's only 3 people it could be, the Tengu, Tomoe, or Robert

he gave the spear to gyoubu who died so his spear also went to the underworld which let isshin access it

robert would fit thematically

he always wanted to go out and kill the ministry people which emma kept scolding him for
he was probably on his way out when he just died to tuberculosis or whatever

They have the same color nose and fur, but issihin is already dead at that point.