EDF

Reminder that Sky Dancer is cuter than Wing Diver

Attached: Best Wing diver.jpg (241x617, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4Y3sHyfsg
youtu.be/Sg7lMyolZjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

any buyfag rooms up?

Why it's so hard to find a room without people using trainers?

because people can't get good

>Laugh at people who use trainers
>Remember that first drone mission and there's four massive fucking waves of them
>Have to mess around with taking cover and the best weapons to beat it.
>Had to get git gud at like misison 6 on hard first playthrough

I beat it but why the fuck is there an aggro tutorial mision after all that chaos I just don't know.

Avoid fags with moonrunes.

Nice butt

Attached: 20190722210841_1.jpg (357x583, 50K)

buyfag room up
barga time mission 81 hard
room name veedf
passcode vdf

Attached: IMG_20190721_053218.png (360x360, 808)

Speaking of Wing Divers
This motherfucker blew me up, would revive me to 30 health, and then steal all the medkits
I decided to start recording after the 3rd time

Attached: Average brainlet waifu main.webm (800x450, 2.65M)

After a certain point in 4.1 I'd always hang back everytime I saw a teammate bring an explosive weapon to underground missions

Reminder that pale wing is cuter than both

>trusting any wingdiver below 12 percent

Whoops wrong pic

Attached: 20190722143028_1.jpg (836x816, 135K)

You know, the sky dancer looks happier than the wing diver. Maybe its because she's not forced to dress like a cheap hooker.

>those colors
That's an npc, right?

The second one might legit be that annoying bug where charge weapons just release without letting go of the trigger for some god damn reason.
I believe soldier has it too with his sprint.

>Gets to fly around and perform graceful aerial stunts for the morale of the troops
>Respected as people respect ballerinas for their dedication to their craft
Sounds like they'd be happier than an elite fighting unit stuffed into skimpy clothes to encourage breeding

>it's a mission with dozens of aerial attackers
>air raider flattens all cover for a mile around
>mission failed
>restart
>he does it again
What the fuck is your problem? Your shitty bomb spam isn't hitting anything anyhow.

I hate it the most when someone brings a multi hitting weapon that does tiny damage and aggros every single red with it.

Fucking ARs thinking that their bombing runs fix everything

Chinese are literally incapable of understanding why someone would not cheat. They take no enjoyment in a challenge for challenge sake.

do enemies do less damage to vehicles now -- or do they just not attack as often?

If an ant or a spider lands a good hit on you they can deal 300-400 dmg/strike

Well, I finally finished the 2 DLC mission packs.

It's slightly underwhelming compared to the DLC missions in 4.1. There's no mission like Final Impact, God's Army, and Last Bastion with tons of AI going to duke it out. You're thrown alone in the battlefield for like 80-90% of the missions. It felt more like a challenge run and not actual missions.

No mission dialog and no music from past EDFs either.

I saw a trailer for for Starship Troopers collaboration. Is it in DLC packs?

But for air targets you use lionic + spritefall

Apparently he was aiming for civilian buildings the entire time then.

>be AR on air mission
>either nobody listens when I tell them to come to my turret murder alley or they just blow up the buildings

Attached: 1515728125028.png (1400x1050, 1.47M)

So what kinda game is this?
Looks almost like a Japanese starship troopers and that's intriguing. How cool is it?

>Cheat to get 10 000hp
>Still only able to beat certain maps on inferno

Attached: 1508129916973.jpg (850x850, 264K)

It's a campy recreation of old monster movies, which is pretty similar to Starship Troopers. It's got really good gameplay, based around wave shooting and a high skill ceiling. If you want to try it out, the pirated version can do MP.

GET IT, YOU RETARDED ZOOMER. THIS SERIES STILL FEEL LIKE VIDEO GAMES

Its this cool

Attached: 1562959054740.webm (1600x900, 2.4M)

raw hitpoints wont help you, fuckboy. You need to learn how to play first.

Trying a bit hard, user?

It's literally what you just said. B-movie alien invasion coop game that doesn't take itself seriously.

Attached: 1532895742063.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

I guess no matter the armor count you're still a shitter

That was just an advertisement collab. They didn't actually create anything.

it's the perfect way to weed people out. he'll either take my advice like an EDF-playing man or get bitter at my post and not play it out of spite. we don't need the latter. yes, "we." been doing this since 4.1 on PS4.

Attached: 23124.jpg (300x300, 33K)

>start poking around hardest offline
>ants shotgun even more acid at machine gun speed
>spiders shoot king level amounts of webbing
what the FUCK

It's pretty cool. You shoot bugs and aliens, and there are a lot of them so you get really cool toys to do it with. The game can be punishingly difficult, just look at this moron It's a game you dump a lot of hours into and are rewarded with great experiences. It's even better playing in co-op because the chaos increases four-fold.

Attached: Welcome to EDF.webm (700x392, 2.94M)

>Flame Revolver
>Delay; 0.32s
It begins.

Attached: completely innocent priest is amused.png (599x337, 160K)

>Flame Revolver
>cave mission

Attached: 1455289879039.png (628x788, 1000K)

>he doesn't know
I must say most missions are easier thanks to all the weapons you get playing through hard than going into hard with nothing

Just wait till you get to the mutant versions

>Gold ants
What are these and why didn't I see them in my hard playthrough?

Attached: 20190723064021_1.jpg (1920x1080, 493K)

Barbecue time!!
Shitty monster, taste my FLAME!

did it even die to that?

Even turret murder alleys suck compared to how every other class can just kill air units on their own without gimmicks. I understand that all classes need a flaw, but AR's inability to deal with air units, including teleportation ships, pretty much cripples the class and turns it into 'useless but fun' tier on its own. No other class has such a glaring flaw.

Gold Ants didnt appear in 4.1 hard until the very last 2 missions or so
They dont appear at all in 5 hard green ants took their place

That's a 248 000 damage missile. It did not die to it, but it only took two extra call-ins to kill it. I think it might have around 250k health.

>find a lobby doing the mission/difficulty you need
>they're ingame
>wait for them to finish
>host kicks you out the moment they're done
Why can't these people just put passwords on their rooms?

Does it still have that absolutely insane kickback it had in 4.1?

Just use spritefall or lionic for bees and vegaltas for every other flying monster lol
Everyone else can destroy the transports

Any hard lobby up?

Yes, but there also happens to be a support equipment that reduces recoil by 100%.

Do wing divers intentionally wear jeans that short or are they just unable to wear anything longer because of their thick thighs?

I get that fencer is supposed to be the best, but jesus, how do people stomach the five fucking second delay before his weapons actually do anything? And the ones that don't have the delay before have it after. Everything's so fucking slow even if you are "zooming" around the map. Oh boy, I get to shoot six whole times with my non-penetrating spear and then wait longer for a reload than the amount of time it took me to empty the magazine.

it's moderately better I think.

Thats why my low delay one is so good. The kickback is on the initial puff, but you can fire so quickly that as long as you release another spray quick enough you dont get a second kickback.

Oh shit, this game has kaijus too?
Sold!

It's really funny that you think either of those options are even close to how any other class can deal with air units. An inefficiently equipped other class can deal with air units better than an optimally equipped AR. There's not a single other class in the game that has to rely on another class to take down transports. Air Raider's flaws are just way, way too crippling to make him really viable as anything other than a challenge class on most maps. He needs a solid anti-air or anti-transport option.

>Mission 109

What the hell am I supposed to do? After I disable all the shields, the entire battlefield turns into a giant purple laser and I can't avoid it no matter what I do, and all the cannons are so far away that most of the time the game doesn't even draw them. I'm using a sniper rifle and I can't even hit the cannons or the ship most of the time. Am I missing something?

Oh...

His vehicles are for destroying spawn points.

If youre really that butthurt about transports get a nyx and fire at it

>it's a ranger with a bike episode
>he's actually useful, can ride that cursed thing and is a total god at clearing frogs with it

Attached: 1541359367199.gif (600x338, 2.11M)

>Melt in five seconds on anything past hard
>Need to pay for them
>Have finite ammo
>Some even have fucking fuel
>Slower than a fencer who never uses dashes
Oh boy, that sounds fun! They really fucked up by thinking that Air Raider is the only class that needs to be balanced.

I used a Hornet 11, and a GM24S. Hornet is quick and if you aim before the movement, following it the movement the rocket will hit, and there's no limit on how far it can go. After the transformation work your way through the outer cannons in. The only thing you have to worry about are the ayys that show up, and the GM will shred through them.
At the very end all I had to worry about was the middle mother ship and the drones.

Do everything in the air. Reloading, Revving up flamers/gatling, Spamming emotes.

>Ant just zooms at sanic speed and shotguns you to death instantly from full health
I was not prepared

Yeah, I've been favoring a sniper rifle over a rocket launcher for my entire playthrough, but looks like I've gotta use them on this mission. I don't remember what the GM24S is off the top of my head, though. Is that a shotgun?

The trick is to aim whike drifting by using your minimap and lining it up with the red dots
Also the G1 absolutely eats frogs, their legs fall off in about have a second and then you just lay into them

>but AR's inability to deal with air units
>What is the Lapis canon
>What is spritefall
>What are the rocket cannons
>What are the miniguns
>What are the neutralize cannons

>including teleportation ships
>What are the limpets
>What are the Nyxes
>What are the grapes and the tanks on a slope.

And this is just up to lvl ~50 weapons. I don't know what other bullshit the higher weapons will bring

Semi auto rifle.
It's strong as fuck and has a long reach, but will fuck up your hand from clicking so much.

Got it. I'll give it another try.

Thinking that limpets are a viable option against transport ships makes your whole opinion look like a joke.

What class attract most tryhards?

Fencer

Make sure to keep your allies alive to soak up the aggro and be aware of the available health boxes just in case.

Has the full screen performance been fixed yet?

I play triple monitor on a 1060 6b fullscreen and my shit runs fine. I have a 3570k w7

Can confirm
Source; I main fencer.

Starting with Mission 44 pirate bros.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

The fact all the sections are in the air really fucks with my sense of scale and distance.

Snipers hit really hard as it is and if you bring a power post/gun you get even more out of them.

>Thinking that limpets are a viable option against transport ships makes your whole opinion look like a joke
Except they are. They obviously won't kill the ship as fast as the other classes, but that its fine due to the raw damage that the AR can bring to the table on any other situation. Also, the limpets have two main advantages that keeps them afloat, which are that their damage doesn't get reduced by distance and that they are explosives; simply said, don't underestimate the limpets.

I wish there was an option to turn down the screen shake. It causes pretty bad tearing and on some missions it makes aiming over long distances virtually impossible with any weapon that has inertia.

Wish granted

Just turn it off?

There's an option called "screen effects" I believe, that does exactly that. user...

I definitely didn't play through the whole campaign not knowing this.

Attached: nervous.jpg (960x1231, 167K)

>Melt in 5 seconds
Dont be a shitter then. Fucking AR mains bitching about how easy they have it but cant deal with transports as easily like they can clear the map. Fuck off.

Attached: 20190722144408_1.jpg (669x470, 43K)

Don't know how you managed that. I had to turn it off during the first open field mission.

Beat the game as Air Raider. Could use some Fencer tips.

you're joking I'd bet.

Attached: w1680_6.jpg (1680x1050, 279K)

Blame chinks. In Chinese culture the only objective is the win and how you get there is irrelevant. Its why Chinese businesses are the worst in the world, they rip and steal from each other just to get ahead, as long as you succeed it doesnt matter how you get there.

Playing them them online is awful, they only do the most easily exploitable methods possible to win.

Man you're a genuine retard, huh? Try at least completing Hard before thinking you know what you're talking about.

Limpet Snipers ARE good against transport ships (and everything, really), just like how turrets and beacon air strikes ARE good against regular air targets. I have no idea how you have the confidence to speak this way about a class you very clearly have zero understanding of.

wheres da rooms at? any hardest buybros goin?

Slightly improved, but yes. Single revolver has strong but manageable kick, double revolve is guaranteed camera-pointed-at-sky mode. Recoil reduction add-ons are a must.

Does the AI difficulty increase when you play harder difficulties? Feels like they always catch up to me on Hardest coming from Hard

I just love gatling guns so goddamn much.

Attached: 20190722223438_1.jpg (1920x1080, 546K)

They become faster, yes.

any buyfag hardest room from the start?

>Halfway into Hardest run
>Friend decides he wants to get into the game
>Said friend is also a poorfag
>Learns that the pirated version has MP, asks if we can just play that
>Figure why not
>Install it and quickly find out that saves aren't transferable, they're straight up locked to your account ID
>Have to start over with base armor and no weapons
I don't think I can do it bros

Attached: 1357686043165.gif (250x187, 139K)

Boost jumps take a while to come off cooldown but dashes come back very quickly, and you can slightly extend a ground dash by attacking with blasthole spears since they make you slide in the direction you were dashing. I've been using that technique a lot to stay safely moving whilst attacking when my boost jumps are on cooldown.

Just use Cheat Engine or something. You wouldn't get banned even if you cheated on your buyfag copy, but what the fuck are they gonna do on a pirated version?

>didn't really use gatlings past the first handful of missions
>until reclaiming the base
>huge fucking grin the whole time holding down M1 and M2
They have their moments.

Starting from 0 seems like the best choice if you're playing with someone who just got the game, wouldn't want to power through every mission with no challenge. It was always a huge turnoff for me when my friend got me into a game (like mmorpgs) and he already had good gear and stuff.

Attached: raining blood.webm (450x252, 2.94M)

>just did the green ant mission in single player
>double gatling guns, swivel and recoil reduction support items

I mowed the heck out of that lawn. If only the NPCs would stop LITERALLY jumping in front of me and my torrent of death.

buy the game for your friend and tell him to blow you as payment ezpz

They really shine against armored enemies and objectives since you'll melt them in seconds. Had some ARs really appreciate that I'd go in and take out shield bearers quickly.

Fair enough
A question for piratefags, do you guys use a burner account for the steam connection part, or do you just say fuck it because theres basically a 0 percent chance Valve bans you?

I dunno man that's a pretty expensive blowjob.

No reason not to use an alt account.
In the slight chance that you do get banned or some shit a least it wont be your main account

I've had alt accounts because of market/trading shit so I just use one of those.

So this is the power of high level ranger play...

Attached: 20190723004702_1.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

>play Wing Diver
>have a lot of fun blasting groups of enemies, melting shit with close range weapons, and being able to dodge almost anything
>try out Air Raider
>get fucking wrecked if I get caught by more than a couple enemies
>vehicles die really quick
>explosions are fun though
Is Wing Diver just the easiest class to play?

git gud at boost jumping. you don't need DLC boost jump addons to be agile. it gets to a point where you won't die even on inferno DLC missions with 10 billion enemies all able to one shot you. You just go so fast.

offline anything is easy mode compared to offline AR

AR suffers at first, vehicles are infuriatingly slow. He dosn't get any large AOE airstrikes, just short, single strafe runs. His turrets are useless and so on. Underground missions with a poorly equipped AR are intensely shitty since you can't even use his only really decent low level weapons, which are the timed-reload airstrikes that attach to things.

You start unlocking much better gear for him soon enough though. There's a bit of luck involved unfortunately, since some of his gear changes dramatically with how upgraded the stats are.

Air Raider is your classic force multiplier; kinda shit on his own but becomes god like when he has someone to watch his back. Even just having only Air Raiders is enough, since all your enemies will drown under the sheer quantity of air strikes.

how big is that circle

Not as big as you'd think and not as helpful as you'd think. You tradeoff rangers actually good addons for it. You pickup EVERYTHING, so you will hoover up medkits everywhere. it's not even big enough to be a meme and the smaller ones are enough to do the farming missions like approaching monster balls already.

pretty big
not as big as WD's ass though

Attached: 20190723020355_1.jpg (1920x1080, 579K)

What about when you're sprinting?

*picks up all the lunchboxes even at full health*
Nothing personal, team.

mission 98 hard
veedf
vdf

Attached: 7501C91E0579D77205E2B1F6D0608C3323A0636D.png (1920x1080, 3.48M)

thats like the size of a grapes circle what the fuck

Why does that frog look like it has chickenpox?

There needs to be more diversity in this game. More people of color. The gender roles disgust me and only thinner girls can be wing divers? And maybe stop with the sexist costumes? That's just the worst. And there are too many enemies. It takes like 40 mins to beat some missions. Refunded.

I do it for a laugh

if you were disconnected, the host might have stopped playing and left the lobby, thus, shutting down the lobby

150mm cannon fire!

I have a gatling gun that has 1 sec spin time, 850 something bullets, and a reload time of 2.5 seconds.
And it's only level 50.
most fencer stuff are just trash when they're at 0 stars.
>shotgun
>accuracy F
>half the shots go to the ground when poiting forwards

Just beat hard mode single player as Ranger in 4.1 looking to do hardest. I have some level 50 weapons, and a few at 60. With 2100 armor. Can I do it?

Attached: 1007040_screenshots_20190719183613_1.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

Attached: 1007040_screenshots_20190713183548_1.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4Y3sHyfsg

Attached: 1007040_screenshots_20190713172051_1.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

But it does, you just need more explosions.
You won't beleive how good strafe airstrikes against air

Attached: 173E7655AC7608582AE259951BD1BF7F22BDF2B3.jpg (1920x1080, 467K)

they are good for grinding or solo run on hard and hardest with other best weapons

Attached: 1007040_screenshots_20190714030107_1(2).jpg (1920x1080, 466K)

Attached: 1007040_screenshots_20190713183328_1.jpg (1920x1080, 465K)

Attached: 1007040_screenshots_20190712031013_1.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

Attached: 20190722142558_1.jpg (636x817, 103K)

How do you get your hardhat back instead of the fencer helmet?

That's presumably from the early missions, but I think you can get the civilian costumes if you beat the game.

Beat the game first.

I wish you could set civ/edf per class. I like civ air raider and ranger, but edf fencer and wing diver...

Just change to those when you change classes? How often are you changing classes that it becomes an issue to press a single button?

Are you saying it's too hard to hit the y button and pick?

Is there a difference between 150mm Lapis and 150mm Cannons?
At first I thought Lapis are just another name but then I picked up a Cannon C. Talking about the single shot ones btw.

It's just an annoying extra step is all.

seems to be 3 different 150mm cannons one fires a single shot another fires multiple shots and the last one is a dense shotgun blast all at once

I like how the mini map suddenly becomes clear.

Read the descriptions.

As for drop levels you'll find standard ones in between Lapis versions, but the very final one is a Lapis since its just a straight upgrade.

>RunningWild
kek

What airstrikes do you guys use as Air Raider? I've been tearing ass with the gunships and Spritefall but I wanted something else with more AOE

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Phobos?

>but I wanted something else with more AOE
There's only one answer and that's multiple Phobos loadout.

Sounds like you need your soon to be gay best friend to show you how strong phobos is.

Bombing runs. I love seeing the jest fly in and drop bullet hail or just plain old bombs.

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED

Attached: 20190722143946_1.jpg (815x634, 89K)

BARGA'S THE ONLY GOD I NEED

Attached: 1546796684419.jpg (498x330, 41K)

The final boss was pretty cool, but it felt more like a victory lap than anything after the hell that was 109. I thought for sure it'd make me use a Barga at some point, but eventually the dude just fell over dead and that was it.

stop posting this every thread you sad cunt.

His final health bar is too short. The interval between being told he is slowing down and going poof is awkward because he can die before they even get to cheer you on.

I imagine that'd be more trouble than it's worth. Like all the health pickups disappearing off the battlefield before you actually need them.

I still love the fact they added giant robots to their kaiju fights, it's like 4.1 and 5 are sequels to R.A.D.

Attached: 220px-RADcover.jpg (220x307, 31K)

Ah, I see. Never noticed that.
Just to state it, Lapis fires faster after the beacon is attached.

As a Ranger, what's my best option when my entire fucking screen is covered in silver ants?

Whats the Air Tortoise for?

laughing at

Attached: 1654217564.jpg (535x291, 108K)

Funny YouTube videos of one guy trolling his friends with shit weapons.

Chill, my dude.

You just revealed yourself as a brainlet, congrats. Stop talking shit about classes you're not experienced with.

I'm dumb and just realized why they changed the song.

I'm gonna have to start getting comfortable with using a shotgun. I ran with Assault + Sniper for my entire Normal playthrough, but ARs just don't chew through enemies on Hard like they do on Normal. I tend to get really unlucky with shotgun drops though, and almost all of the ones I have are at 0* with a 9-second reload.

Punch through weapons are a godsend my man. Shotguns tend to have it. Look for the PT sign in the stat description of a weapon. Sure that shotgun or rifle is slow as fuck, but each shot can take out like 5 enemies per round, do not undervalue that.

But it does take itself seriously, it's just that it does so for both the goofy shit and the horrible despair.

>inb4 the user from the other night comes back and keeps telling us 4.1 fencer i better than 5

>normal

EVERYONE QUICK

>Normal

Attached: 1542558082457.png (720x719, 715K)

>normal

Attached: 1535873019784.jpg (413x413, 77K)

>JUST PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE

Attached: ONEMOREGODREJECTED.png (1355x1148, 1.69M)

Its probably your first EDF game but Normal is Easy in this, Easy proper is "I cannot even control my character without looking at my controller" mode. You should get weapons easy enough just progressing, hard has a larger drop table than normal.

>kaiju
Fuck off dumb weeb.

>mission 6
>introduce drones by the hundreds
>theyre all aggroed to you immediately and fuck your shit up
>mission 7
>THE DRONES DONT AGGRO YOU IF YOU DONT SHOOT THEM JUST TAKE IT SLOW LAD
?????????????????????

Attached: 1555617831105.png (411x412, 296K)

Yeah i agree, here my suggestion:-
Wing Diver - we need long twink shape male (traps)
Fencer - we need big muscular ara ara MILF
Ranger - we need thick thigh muscular leg tomboy
Air Raider - no girl want to be close with you, you freak loving elongated missile sexual deviant

Attached: 1499532417155.gif (245x163, 551K)

are you fucking serious cunt. this is an insanely japanese game you retard.

i only gave myself more armor when i was late 60s to play other classes without grinding and causing autism fits if i entered with low armor
i still reduce it to around what lower armored players in a lobby have

Attached: ANGER 100 RAGE.jpg (895x469, 139K)

And kaiju is never used. Only dumb weebs use that term.

Yeah, I got that. I figured it would be best to start on Normal early on, but when I thought it was too easy and tried switching to Hard, my gear was so far behind what was expected that I would just get ripped apart and I decided to just finish the fucking campaign on Normal and figure it out on my second playthrough. It does mean that I have to re-learn how to actually play the damn game though, since Normal lets you just run straight at enemies letting your rifle go full-auto and just stunlock everything to death.

I'm playing on Hard, difficulty is manageable so far but is there gonna be a point where I'm going to need to farm for weapon upgrades ? I got especially bad rolls for some new weapons with only 1 star in damage.
Also does upgrading the N9 Eros chopper make it handle not like shit ?

The pacing is just bizarre
>defeat walking fortress where all enemies show up
>next mission is just killing some spider betas
>thats it, no tricks or other enemies, just some standard betas
Ok then.

I bring those shite accuracy canister cannon shotguns into underground missions. Don't need accuracy when you're blasting out that much bouncy shit in a cave tunnel.

That's how EDF always goes.

The game does that so many times I have to wonder if the designers think it's fucking funny. The frogs and greys are introduced the same way, and many more, like the Deroys, wait until the missions 3/4 of the way over to give you advice.

>normal

Attached: BeepBoop.png (343x480, 57K)

>Normal

Attached: Ting ting ting.png (793x953, 781K)

It's almost like they were different drones that got dropped off and you were there to clean them up instead being directly attacked by the mothership in the last mission.

The EDF deploys to fight any threat.

>Complete the game 4 times on hard and don't get every weapon upgraded all the way
>Get tired of this and use cheat engine to just max the star upgrades on hard weapons so I don't have to farm and can go straight into hardest and inferno
>Apparently this meant ALL the weapons
>Now doomed to find new weapons with max upgraded stars forever

This fucking blows

just keep using your old weapons until the new ones get a few upgrades

>completing the game 4 times before starting hardest
for what purpose

buyfag
VDF
hardest
mission 69
rage

the game attempts to teach you about the aggro mechanics which are vital for later missions with too fucking many queens, mommies, kings and ayys in a small space

it's an ebb and flow pacing. it repeatedly ramps up hard and then slows down to give you a break

I guess Pacific Rim is a dumb weeb movie then

Del Taco is a weeb, yes.

>Deroy mission
>Sarge and headquarters keep telling me to shoot the legs
>Do so
>Can't kill Deroys by shooting at the legs alone
>Attempt it twenty times without taking out even a single Deroy
>Google it and realize you're supposed to shoot at the center part
Fuck you, sarge.

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 29K)

AHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1007040_20190723040147_1.png (1600x900, 2.25M)

this guy definitely counts using his fingers

Sounds about right, the first time I used it I finally realised why its called Tortoise.
Although I was hoping it has some niche strats at least.

>facebook wojak or whatever that filename is is too much of a brainlet for EDF
incredible

Attached: Brain problems.png (623x371, 22K)

>ahegao

Depending on the mission, and if its offline you can do that on hard too, although you need to learn to circle strafe.

Also same for me, luckily I learned you should do hard by like the 5th or so mission where I don't have much catching up to do. I farmed the 4th mission for crap, the one where you first get to the surface, then later I jumped straight into online and picked up a shitton of weapons there. It helps a lot if there is a WD or other similar fast mover to worry about crate picking. That and reviving you.
Also seems like even with online there isn't much difference stun locking there compared to offline.

Speaking of which, other than HP and damage differences, are there any other differences between online and offline? Like stun thresholds and stuff.

How the fuck can you people play a game with giant fucking spiders and ants in it. Every screenshot I loom at makes me wanna break my fucking monitor. Even if the gameplay is godlike this shit is too spooky foe me.

Have fun anons

Attached: 1539202561405.jpg (310x290, 12K)

>play AR
>see group of Deroys in the distance
>delete Deroys after a minute of nonstop air strikes and gunship fire
>mfw
AR is too powerful

Attached: morrowind.jpg (544x960, 70K)

Nah, I blame honky anti-chinese shills and their mindless propaganda lies and perverted obsession with Chinese, since most rooms I saw with cheat trainers were from NA and most players from NA are probably whit*oid honkies.

this will help you with live user

Attached: 1528657488313.jpg (1532x943, 419K)

I don't fucking get it. There's literally too many spiders for one person to deal with...

Attached: 1007040_20190723041001_1.png (1600x900, 2.53M)

Hello, EDF? This post right here.

Lets see those lobbies lads

>Ranger
Switch to ChadAR and those spiders are free points.

Attached: 1550913931041.jpg (588x600, 117K)

Use AoE weapons.

>play wingdiver
>equip big core and raijin
>delete deroys in 2 shots

What mission?

guess you could grind those weak missions and hope for drops for the hard missions later on?

Looks like that really early dropship mission

Giant what? What's a spider and ant?

Play during the European up times, never had a cheater in my games.

Yeah this game probably sucks for people that have issues with spiders in vidya.
Sorry for your lots, user.

They are the giant monsters user not spiders.

Yea ForumsDF
rage
Hardest Mission 1

>deroys are the most easily killed to point ratio enemy in the game

Why did they replace AR's web gun with a shitty shotgun? Air Raider didn't need another tool to get bugs off of him, he needed something to shoot down those fucking drones.

There are quite a few questionable choices. They also took away the plasma batteries for WDs it looks like.

I have arachaphobia and I can play this game
shit ain't real dumbass

What the fuck, you're right. Why can't I give cutie WDs my hot plasma to recharge with? Do WDs have much more manageable energy now?

Played 5 twice on ps4, got it on pc. Gonna main fencer as I never have. Tips?

Go fast, shoot ass

If you can't understand why plasma posts have been removed you're a moron.

Pick up a jackhammer/shotgun + a long range loadout and learn how to dashboost

Is jackhammer really that good? Maybe I haven't found any good ones lately but I really like having the Blasthole Spear for the penetration for groups

EDF! EDF!!

Attached: 7ba9fce6032c4e212c71fa8d3fd429a8.png (669x637, 286K)

I did the same, from never touching fencer in 4.1. Starts off slow, but once you get the extra boost support items, you can go crazy fast by doing a dash immediately followed by a jump. Just getting one extra of each is a pretty noticeable effect, but the further in you go, the more you get. Just remember to have one of your weapon pairings to have both a weapon with side dash and jump. I use my best blasthole spear and a gatling gun, myself.

Oh, and don't sleep on the blasthole spear because you start off with it, its pretty good. Blood Storm missile launchers are stupid good for a level 2 weapon when upgraded, too.

Grenade Launcher Napalm and shotgun is your friends for early bugs.

What a rude post.

I never used the one you start with but the second one is godlike, you need to consider you're not using your second weapon as you fire the spear but with a jackhammer you can shoot both weapons

how long will this game be populated for?

three fiddy

Even after 4 playthroughs, you still haven't hit the armor limit for mission 1 on Hardest. It's also better to get a good feel for all the classes since Hardest is where shit gets real and you may have to choose the best class for a mission. I did it because it gets you a flat 60% towards max completion to get you much closer to that sweet weapon limit removal.

The game has been out for like a week now, people are done with it.
What's left are people farming armor to have a 100% number on their profile.

>not playing inferno after finished game for first time
based newfag

Notice how it's an armor maximum, not an armor minimum.
Why do so many autists bring up armor limits in regards to when you're supposed to tackle certain difficulties?

>"I have no family my comrades are my everything"
b-bros

Attached: 1560728425331.jpg (164x245, 11K)

JUST PULL THE TRIGGER!!!
EDF! EDF! EDF!
WAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK!!!

Hitting the max armor level is nowhere near required and basically just spells easymode for the given mission.
And removing armor/weapon limits is also pointless unless you are some retard that gets carried by some farmgroup doing late inferno missions that wishes he could use his level 90 weapons in stage 1 of hardest.

But you do you, I guess.

Two days ago my brother died, next day my lover fell

Attached: 1555601581957.gif (300x300, 154K)

dashjumps are the new meta for 5. that means that you want at least one set with a dash and jump boost weapon. then you just dash and jump boost at the same time.
you can increase your number of dashes and jumps with dash cells, add boosters and multi chargers.
the usual sets for dashjumps are Jackhammer/Blasthole/Blast Twin/Vulcan Hammer+Dexter/Dispersal Mortar.
That aside other builds are viable too with the right utility items so don't follow the meta blindly and try out new things
Double Handcannons with recoil reduction deal insane ranged DPS and stunlock everything but mommy ants.
Shields setups can work really well too, especially in cave missions

Armor is a hard cap to your combat effectiveness. You're literally useless if a stray thread from a spider knocks down half your health. You could technically tackle most levels by playing cautious as fuck, but it's just not fun. There are also some missions that you simply can't get through without taking damage, like you will never EVER going to beat the second level with greys, no matter what strategy or weapons you employ, if you aren't at least close to the armor limit. Same thing with any mission with laser aliens or the cave ambush mission.
For most missions, sure, but there are plenty with unavoidable damage or situations that require exact weapons used at exact points of the level.

use a minion buster or g&m instead of slugger

>There are also some missions that you simply can't get through without taking damage, like you will never EVER going to beat the second level with greys, no matter what strategy or weapons you employ, if you aren't at least close to the armor limit. Same thing with any mission with laser aliens or the cave ambush mission.
Look at this fucking shitter and laugh.

This game has a hardcore fanbase of autists, it will never truly die.

sure thing retard, do mission 102 without damage for me

>You're literally useless if a stray thread from a spider knocks down half your health
or you can just stop being a retard and learn to dodge that shit
>laser aliens
stunlock them you dumb fuck
>cave ambush mission
kek, the cave missions are arguably the easiest part of 5

That's true in random public lobbies but armour is much less of a consideration if you play with people you know, in voice.

>everyone else keeps dying
>not enough HP to revive safely any more, destroy cannon segments instead
>"There's someone still fighting!"

Attached: 824567.png (376x808, 777K)

Man I sure wish I could actually use these wing diver weapons instead of having to go revive my entire team every 10 seconds

>102
learn to sidestrafe you dumb nigger

sorry it seems like you haven't shown me you doing 102 without damage yet.

Then don't revive your team constantly? If they can't stay alive for more than 30 seconds, it might be better to leave them as they are.

Woah why are wing divers so ugly now?

Stop killing your team then

maybe you should read my post again then

>big bang core
>geist G
>for every enemy on the field there are 10 geist bombs flying slowly around the map following them

Attached: 289.jpg (480x502, 30K)

I just want everyone to participate and have fun, I even make sure to clear the area they've been knocked out to some extent before leaving but it keeps happening anyway.

Minimum armor clear.
youtu.be/Sg7lMyolZjg
>no that doesn't count cuz he gets hit!
Eat shit retard.

why are you such an asshole all the time

If they're an air raider and they're blowing themselves up, you can hold off on reviving them for a while. They're having fun. I'm one of them, after all.

Just like the musou games

>that one guy that always bring Barga

Attached: 1551639778956.jpg (1280x1198, 246K)

Kick them or leave. Those idiots will never learn.

Just went back to missions 39 and 40 offline after reaching 85 online.
And wow, bringing late game weapons into early game really trivializes them. I don't know how good Geist is when level appropriate, but Geist 3 is fucking great, so many explosions. Only reason I died in my first Brutal Battlefield offline hard run was because I AOE myself because of those fucking lampposts. Was easy mode otherwise, thankfully. Was frankly worried after my experiences with online hard for that mission.

No fucking shit dude.

But that's me user

You get kicked.

That's really cute. It's not possible to kill laser boys without getting hit. It's not much different than fighting a COD aimbotter. You can't dodge most alien attacks with the fastest movement in the game and peaking from cover is useless when they scramble around the map like coked-up toddlers. Your only hope is high burst damage at close range, but if even one is covering them, you're going to get beat to shit before you can do anything about it.
>just dodge every single attack while never getting hit once or you get fucking destroyed by the hit slow
>just stunlock something that's sometimes half a mile away and drains your health simply by having a line of sight
>also just stunlock something that probably has buddies that also melt you at low armor
>you can totally beat a mission that artificially surrounds you without taking damage because explosives and fire
Do you even play the video game?

It's also because offline is a cakewalk compared to online, way more than 4.1 was. it's not just about enemies having less HP offline, or doing less damage. It's the way that works so you can reach breakpoints in missions faster. Such as destroying a certain anchor or dropship before a trigger for enemy drops happens, which snowballs into making the entire mission trivial. OP obviously helps too.

Stop being a shitter and coordinate with your team. 4 dudes can peak and wreck colonists easy, and they drop more than enough health to compensate for any damage taken.
Stop equating "you need to be near the armor limit" to "it's impossible to avoid damage." They aren't even remotely the same thing.

ima buy it after pirating for a while, really not looking forward to doing missions 1 and 2 again but it should be worth to play with the legit lads

>It's not possible to kill laser boys without getting hit.
Not him but you can flank them to get close, unload your close range weapon and stunlock them to death

You can dodge everything in the game if you are fast enough, even the hitscan style laser weapons, those are limited by how fast the laser can track targets. If you are already going mach 4 with fencer the lasers can't keep up.

the sooner you buy it the less you grind for no reason fucking poorfag

Attached: 1554728595183.gif (740x416, 2.94M)

Opinions on playing with Weapon/Armor limits off

I see, thats helpful, some of those missions I did seems really annoying.

Fun for 5 minutes but overall pointless and boring.

>or you get fucking destroyed by the hit slow
Fencer can use hyper armor to save his ass in such cases
>just stunlock something that's sometimes half a mile away
Fencer can do that with double handcannons from range and from closeup with jackhammer or dispersal mortar and WDs can surprise flank em. That's my main strategy when playing with buddies. AR nukes everything as always.
>also just stunlock something that probably has buddies that also melt you at low armor
split them up you dumb fuck
>taking damage because explosives and fire
>getting hit by airstrikes

If you're a casual shitter it's something you'd want to try, but you'll never actually have the devotion to getting to. If you're an autist who's into the game, you'll unlock it but never really use it because it's not really doing anything to enhance the experience. Kind of pointless.

makes some missions on inferno less frustrating on inferno. dumb if you are playing with 100k WD or whatever though.

I had a 3k ranger/AR?WD and a 50k fencer in 4.1 and while it did make some missions too easy it often was still barely enough. You could easily get insta gibbed.

after beating hard you get weapons that completely eviscerate enemies. you have no excuse to take any damage at all

I feel like playing around at armor and level limits is definitely the sweet spot for some fun co-op play for high difficulties and allow some carrying if 1 or 2 aren't geared up. If the whole team is capable then it will be a cakewalk.

>yuroscum wake up
>angry shitposting central
Like clockwork.

30k*

farmed to 10k every class then cheated the rest after I 100% cleared the game. also farmed the weapons the old fashioned way which was a mistake

I’m on mission 50 playing as fencer on hardest offline. I was originally playing as a ranger but I started to get stuck in some missions.

My class loadout looks like this at the moment;

Blasthold Spear M2
NCS1 Cannon Shot
Dual FHD2 Heavy Motar’s
Dash 2
Boost 2

What should I aim for/and or what should be my ideal loadout.

What was the old way of farming?

mainlandear are shiters its to be expected

>yuroscum wake up
>comfy rooms while shitposting on Yea Forums

>fencer
I'd legitimately claim that doesn't count. Fencer is completely fucking broken with all those movement options now.
Broken in a fun way sure, but still.

Whoops, meant to say hard not hardest. I haven’t beaten the game yet.

>mission that's nothing but pepe's in an open field as fodder for an AR

I love the missions that are just there for you to enjoy carving up big swathes of enemies with no real effort

Maybe musou games are more your speed.

golden darkness. took ~20 minutes per run and you got like ~10 weapon drops. there were 801 weapons in the game. I did that missions so many fucking times. granted the mission didn't drop many low level weapons. it was still fucking awful. I did it 8 times just to get the very last weapon, one of the shitty grenades.

i hate them

how can someone be this bad at video games, even if you're garbage at the game a shield fencer can take care of these without taking a single point of damage

How do I hammer?
I wanna give the vulkan hammer a try since its the only hammer that does any damage but I don't know what to use on the other hand

>i love missions where you carve up big swathes of enemies with no real effort
>i hate games where you carve up big swathes of enemies with no real effort
?

Don't care. If you wanna have fun without worrying about limits, go right ahead. The fact it requires 70% completion rate in the first place is a solid enough deterrent for randoms to not ""ruined the fun"" for everyone else.

And to imply Inferno becomes brain dead easy-difficulty with its inclusion is fucking retarded. Fuck off. Clearly, there are people here that get off being a high-horse elitist.

Hammer

Inferno as a whole is so much easier this time there's no real point in playing it.

well the berserk game was ok but only because it was berserk. musou games get stale really fast though.

Not that user but it's good when it's a change of pace, not so much when it's an entire game

What's wrong with bringing a giant fucking mech to a monster fight?

>they only do the most easily exploitable methods possible to win.
I don't understand the problem

In EDF you can actually die if you play it mindless, musou games are about being mindless as nothing can hurt you.

>and to imply Inferno becomes very-easy-difficulty with its inclusion is very silly*

it does if you have DLC weapons and a good chunk of armour more than the limited amount.

no real effort=mindless

>musou games are about being mindless as nothing can hurt you.
>nothing can hurt you.
a pack of archers on chaos difficulty are the devil's own handiwork

Are araneas the biggest fucking niggers in this game?
>shitton of health
>threads penetrate enemies, webs, npcs and buildings
>enemies can freely pass through said webs and throw their shit at you too
>while you cant penetrate webs with ANY weapon, have to destroy it every single time to shoot the fucking spider
>LMAO IM BEHIND 7 WEBS
They were much MUCH better in 4.1

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1280x720, 425K)

>single player
Yeah, ok. Now try that shit on multiplayer where the AI gets perfect accuracy and the enemies deal 100% damage instead of the modified values SP gives you. I could do what this guy did.
Yeah, sure. 4 good players with mics can rape most levels, but I have been in this situation exactly twice. 90% of lobbies include two guys with a good completion % for the mission, one guy trying to play Inferno at 20%, and one chinese dude who, despite hacking all his guns to max, still manages to die in the first 2 minutes, and none of them speak English. Coordinating with your team is difficult when half of the people that play this game are fucking retards.
>split up enemies that move totally at random and run towards you at mach 4 at a moment's notice
There's no consistent method to keep them from grouping up. The AI is too sporadic.
>Fencer can...
Fencer can do anything. I already have 100% completion with him. How do I pull off big brain dodges with Ranger?
>air strikes
You misunderstood my sarcasm. I was responding to the assumption that caves are easy because of how effective fire and explosives are even when the mission is designed to not let you use those as a crutch.
Until his buddy unloads into your side because you can only stunlock one enemy at a time and couldn't whittle their numbers down while captain aimbot was pressuring you
>land for .00000001 second
>laser touches you and you can no longer get up to speed
Now do it while there is even a single other threat besides the single laser.

Sure, you guys all have it figured out until one of the issues stacks with another. You can stunlock a laser dude until a single red ant grabs you because your hand cannons didn't let you switch to something that would let you dodge, then the laser erases you from existence from the jaws of the large red satan.

I remember Lubu (with those aura and lighting FX) one hitting my bro Zhang Fei in the duel arena and it quickly ended our co-op campaign, it was pretty funny seeing Lubu standing still, not flinching an inch while emitting those "pain" sounds to Zhang Fei's ultimate.

maybe in the older games. All the newer musous games are a cakewalk. I remember going back and trying SW2 after i played through SW4 and was shocked how much i got my shit pushed in on normal difficulty with a fresh character.

give the dispersal mortar a try for your mobile set. it's really fucking good

It's ok to die and retry the mission.. it's a game..

I thought you were describing them in 4.1. At least that's how I remember them.

>enemies deal 100% damage instead of the modified values SP gives you
This purposefully backwards view gives away the bait. Don't act that retarded next time.

>Now do it while there is even a single other threat besides the single laser.
all you have to do is aim your shield at the group of aliens, its really not that hard, especially with the buffs to blocking angles.
All this shit is easy to do and all you have to do to figure out you're wrong is actually try it in game, it's not that hard, and theres already videos of people beating the hardest missions with sub4k armor

Let's not forget that they only drop two items MAX

>level with those giant giga nigger aranea webs that can survive a dozen Tempest missiles
Those missions are specifically "fuck air strikes and anyone who tries to fly high" levels.

It it worth upgrading from 4.1?

I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN USE THE WORD CAKEWALK

> You can stunlock a laser dude until a single red ant grabs you because your hand cannons didn't let you switch to something that would let you dodge,
why not
>back away
>kill the small enemies behind cover
>finish off the laser guy
really just use your fucking brain

yes user

fucken gay cunt

So is there some secret usage for monster zero or is it just a joke weapon?

>Be me
>cave mission
>using P89 bound Gun time
>faggot player using rocket inside cave
>start shoot at me when i standing on the cliff

Attached: wah.png (188x100, 7K)

nah the snipers are bad this time, other than the gungnir equivalent.

>fuck air strikes
Motherfucker I hit that bastard with gunship shots until that web broke. Spiders get firebombed, no exception.

I'm talking about the prototype version that's actually a shotgun.
A really, really bad shotgun.

Cakewalk

>hornet flies in my window
>instinctively level my entire neighborhood with close air support
Thanks EDF.

What's a "hornet"? Some kind of flying monster?

I think it's some kind of bird?

Yeah I get that, I'm saying the whole class is bad, other than the gungnir one.

>buddy plays Fencer
>I play Raider
>decide to actually tag team and have him go ham with missiles and I take a laser targeted

Shitting out high powered missiles is too much fun

I accidentally made all my weapons max stars though, so I feel like I need to hold back

>Those alien bastards look like they are afraid of water. But they aren't.

Attached: 1541692524628.jpg (400x533, 38K)

>years ago high as fuck in friends garage
>overgrown grass meant door was jammed and you had to squeeze
>4 of us in there on couch
>out of fucking nowhere a gigantic red hornet flies at us
>everyone for themselves
>manage to escape and hornet follows
>one of the boys hits it with a full power overhead smash using a badminton racket, whacking it straight onto the concrete
>it flies up as if nothing happened

fuck hornets

I just beat Hard. Should I start hardest from the beginning?

Attached: 1538573306032.jpg (700x525, 41K)

Until you die for the 8108380th time because you need to be 100% perfect to beat some missions on low armor.
Any of those hits would have killed him on MP and he would get hit more often with the improved accuracy. It was clear he was using the botched enemies to his advantage. I didn't even bring up the fact that he likely would not have been able to consistently stun the heavy infantry with the doubled HP values on MP. This guy probably spent 5+ hours getting a perfect run after slight mistakes killed him several times over and yet you're still trying to use this as an example that you don't need armor to not get obliterated in Inferno.
There is not a single combination of shield upgrades that allows you to fight multiple aliens on Inferno without getting sent to the next state, losing your durability in a few seconds, or getting chewed up through your shield anyways. I'm sure there are plenty of people that got the right enemy movement dice rolls to make the strategy work, but it just isn't consistent enough.
That plan works really well until
>kill bugs
>step back around cover to shoot at laser
>in the .5 second it takes a hand cannon to fire, he's already melting you because that's how alien AI works
Or
>spend 5 seconds killing bugs
>5 seconds is all it takes for some aliens to sprint up to you
>laser is now much closer and harder to hit because your slow-ass cannons can't aim fast enough to target him
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.

retsrat the game lad with no cheats. You honestly just ruin the whole expereince. You can play through every class on hard and the challenge is well balanced. same for hardest and inferno. maybe just cheat weapons once you get to inferno.

>where the AI gets perfect accuracy
the only difference are damage and health numbers
>but I have been in this situation exactly twice
stop being an autistic fuck and get some friends then
>How do I pull off big brain dodges with Ranger?
nigger, ranger is supposed to be the masochist challenge class
>land for .00000001 second
by that point you should have enough dashjumps that you can get behind cover when you run out
>Now do it while there is even a single other threat besides the single laser
that's what your friends are for fuckhead

with all classes? I tried to clear 100% of hard before moving on. but yeah just go for hardest. You can jump straight to inferno but eh, might as well drag it out. Once you beat inferno that's it, going back to hardest isn't as much fun.

15k shield with durability addons let's you fight anything. ANYTHING.with the right setup you can waddle up to a group of 10 cosmonauts shooting you at once and shred them with the flame gatling

i really like cave missions as AR honestly
gives me an excuse to use some of my other fun stuff

>"NO CHEATS" lobby
>he uses item vacuum after every mission
not that i'm complaining but you're still cheating buddy

Attached: 1506207586031.jpg (704x480, 179K)

I dunno, I get that getting max star weapons can ruin the difficulty balance.
But at the same time, you can literally sit on weapons that you just really enjoy and not feel like you're missing out on meta-ing the fuck out of shit to just beat a level.

I mean, who the fuck else would even touch a laser targeter instead of just packing his own missiles?

Gonna start hardest from the beginning if anyone wants to come along, buyfags only
Yea Forumsdf
rage

Attached: 1553969255615.jpg (764x1024, 62K)

I cheated weapons to max stars because farming for specific weapons to get a single fucking stat to a decent level is a nightmare. I just want to hit things 1000m away, is that seriously too much to ask?

ackshully lasers are good at any level. They are disproportionately stronger at low level too. At high level sure you don't use them as much. But you can push out much higher DPS at low ranks. Some of the rangers missile launchers are by far his best "sniper" weapons when you can lock single targets at long range. fencer obviously gets his missiles. WD's homing weapons are weak for the most part, but with rapid fire cores and single lock she ends up being flying artillery.

They woke up over 6 hours ago, nigger.

They are better than in EFD 4.1 because they aren't spammed from like the second mission onwards.

Fencer loadout for mothership? I want to use twin gallics but I also don't want to stand still long enough to get my ass blasted by gorillians of lasers.

>that one guy who insists Leviathan spam is good against frogs and cosmonauts

Quadruple gallics obviously.

Give it up, he's the kind of fag that doesn't understand why leveling the entire map against aliens and fliers doesn't work out.
Their solutions to problems is always just "need more HP"

Teamwork is unironically OP. MP enemies absolutely have better accuracy to compensate for net code, and cover works really well to recharge your jumps except the combloc-esque construction of the cities leaves massive lines of sight from all points between buildings.
This is objectively false. I can literally see what happens in this scenario in my head because I've tried it dozens of times.
>aggro a group of enemies from down a wide road; you think they're going to all approach you from this path of least resistance
>enemies all immediately ninja roll to your left and right except for like 2 that just start shooting at you
>return fire to get rid of the threat
>notice enemies are nearly 90° to your right, you start moving backwards to keep them all in front of your shield
>you move too fucking slow and they're spreading out even further
>eventually, one starts hitting you from just behind your shield
>turning would simply expose you to fire from the enemies in front of you, so you switch to your movement weapons and dash-jump away to keep them in front of you
>immediately start taking huge damage from all angles
>switch back to your shield only to find yourself in the same situation 20 seconds later
>die
This is why shields are only really good for caves and very small groups, because you are far less at risk of being flanked and can control your zones much better.

normal mode hardstuck on brutal battlefield detected lmao. shield builds are meta as fuck.

>MP enemies absolutely have better accuracy to compensate for net code
No they don't.

I keep screen shake on just to compensate for the fact that my framerate doesn't tank when things go crazy anymore.

EU looooobby

ed/v/
pw: rage
HARDEST difficulty
any level but on 11 right now

Attached: 1563791591805.jpg (800x1134, 624K)

>not leveling the city
Huh?

aside from that you can also stun them while you recover with a dispersal mortar

Friendly reminder to always listen to sarge

Attached: 20190723040435_1.jpg (1920x1080, 577K)

>eventually, one starts hitting you from just behind your shield
ask your friends to take em out

I would join but I still can't join hardest lobbies yet

buyfag lobby :
veedf/rage
hard on mission 62

>dude it's fun watch me blow up all our cover lol
Get kicked.

You cant just Phobos away every wave!

You can't stop me!

Attached: 1556464153988.jpg (1602x875, 498K)

>Normal is faceroll on the keyboard
>Hard is getting two-shot by everything or melted before you can get close
>lol just play on Hard :^)
>join room
>everyone is at 1000+ armor with awesome guns
You liars. I'll be back after I grind out 700 armor and some maxed out weapons.

Attached: 1559345075656.jpg (806x344, 141K)

Attached: 20190723062424_1.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

can't join

Are you a ranger?

fugg

>not starting on hard
Normal and easy shouldn't even exist really.

From Memory they seemed way worse in 4.1

The fact alone that they are introduced much later in 5 makes them already more bearable.

Hard is manageable without dedicated farming hours. I blasted through it with pubs, replaying a few missions in others' lobbies because they were close to my current mission then but that's it. Hard's damage isn't too terrible. Take cover my fellow EDF soldier. Unless there's an Air Raider in your team that keeps leveling city blocks in a mission full of Colonists and Cosmonauts..

Phobos isnt even that good against them

Wrong. Dual gatling guns or dual hand cannons are much more useful than shields to kill individual targets ASAP before they become problems and your primaries are movement weapons for screaming across the map to keep from being flanked and overrun.
It only stuns at specific ranges and elevations where all the bad guys have to do is get a line of sight on you to fuck your day up with your 2000 armor on Inferno
I try but they're too busy discovering the flight ceiling or collecting health items at full HP

Playing on hardest counts for playing on hard, right?

That's the point. Air Raiders that destroy buildings in missions with Cosmonauts and Colonists do more harm than good.

>discovering the flight ceiling
It's a new adventure every time!

nope

Attached: 1424647002101.gif (500x500, 1.03M)

Blue means its sleeping
There's actually missions where There are sleeping teleport anchors that are blue, it confused the hell out of my friend when we first got to them

get some friends you lonely, autistic fuck

So what is good? I just stack gunships on them because it keeps them stunned.

some really bad posts today

it was inevitable

I'm fucking suffering

You already figured it out.

Minigun,most gunship strikes, Spritefall(both modes), BulgeLaser, Lionic
Anything but bombers really

retrying to host that shit

Fencer, hence the "or melted before you can get close" part.

doing mostly offline and going up again a squad of ayyys I might as well quit if I don't feel like spending the next 14 minutes desperately dashing around the entire city chipping away at their armor. I'll keep playing because it's still awesome and fun, but damn Wing Diver is such a better solo class.

Phobos are ok against frogs and ayy if you level their side of the city so they don't have cover while your side still have plenty of city to take cover.
It will also blow up frog limps making them a sitting duck.

All my friends are genuinely offended at EDF's "shitty game" disguise. It's all pubs for me, but that's ok. I'm competent enough to beat most of Inferno on my own. I just need to group with non-chinks that have a microphone so I can party up with them. They really should have put integral voice chat into this game.

Why do the grim reapers call themselves the lost boys? Because of the movie?

keep trying to find excuses you lonely fuck

Get better friends

I thought they were calling you the lost bois

I'd be your friend but my net is fucking up right now
Sorry user

Oh could be, but I was stuck on that mission for a while and swear the one guy says “we are the lost boys”

kid I was killing GOD while you were still signing your PC port petition

Does it actually tell you if you are kicked? Or does it just say you disconnected regardless?

its "Where are the lost boys"

It doesn't tell you you were kicked, but there's ways to tell
If the host leaves you can see him go first, if you're kicked you go first
You can always find and rejoin a lobby that kicked you too

For reals, the game has like three ways to make a lobby private
Name Only
Password
Friends Only
fucking use them

But she's not erotic. What's the point of having a woman on the battlefield if she's not erotic?

Ah okay, is that still the movie reference? What’s it mean exactly

It means you are boys, that are lost, ie getting butt fucked by the all everything, and the Grim Reapers are wondering where you are, so they can help.
I really doubt its a movie reference, there's nothing about vampires in EDF.
Although that could be awesome.

What weapon do you guys use to kill flying units as Fencer? I'm having trouble with them on hard mode

Shotgun

Spear
You should know that the Bee AI works that they'll close in right up your ass from behind, so don't chase them, just turn around and let them get closer

dispersal mortar, jackhammer

missiles

Quite a few things work pretty well
You can dash away from bees to make them all follow you in a big mob and then spear/shotgun/jackhammer work wonders
Sniper cannons work well against drones since their movement patterns are more predictable and they stop moving to fire
Mortars and missiles can work in a pinch but personally I prefer to stay mobile
If you're really having trouble try bringing a shield and just holding it up rather than repelling, the extra damage resistance can actually be very helpful and it still leaves you with one hand free to stab/shoot/punch

real talk, i legit grinded shit out and people called me a fucking cheater for having the real basic low level 0 - 6 weapons at 8 stars.

Like holy fuck just grind some missions in singleplayer. After getting kicked out a bunch of lobbies i stopped bothering and started hosting my own shit. However I kinda just also didn't give a FUCK. There is a time for challenge and then there is a time for rapid fire unlimited ammo titan zooming across the map like a pod racer.

Seriously though, fucking faggots are paranoid on this game. Anyways I went balls deep now and am currently using cheat engine to build my own guns. Want a flame thrower than can shoot across the map, or a gallic heavy cannon shotgun? Game should have had steam workshop support, but its aight I got my cheatengine and a bunch of angry babies mad that I got the weapon limiter removed. (I keep armor limits on for the sake of stopping faggots with 60k armor)

Attached: 1523430231152.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Jackhammer+Dispersal Mortar
In general this is one of the best mobile combos in the game and works wonders against everything

Later Jackhammers and Spine Drivers get quite a lot of range, around 140m. I use those for bees and drones, respectively.

its a gimmick that barely works

Blood Storm from a distance. Shotgun + Jackhammer when they get close.

Gallac cannon at low level, N102/3 at higher level, both 1-shot flyers.

Much easier with arm exoskeleton.

>calls people with too much armor faggots
>grinds and mods his weapons
gas yourself

Someone host a lobby

Attached: 1534977689446.png (1280x720, 487K)

based and modded pilled

its the singleplayer that does it I bet
If I'm in a lobby and some dude with 0-2% joins on a lvl 30 mission with high health and good weapons, that's pretty suspicious
Its why I get the first 11 missions out the way with each class from the start

wide

you host one

Attached: cheeto stack.jpg (1098x2000, 546K)

Nobody joined when I did

>did a shitty german accent for some of the europe missions
>they did not do a shitty chinese accent in the Beijing missions

the europe missions had a french commander, and there are no beijing missions

>20%? That doesn't sound TOO bad....

I'm pretty sure the major combat took place in Hong Kong, but Storm Team never saw any of the big battles because the game's tech wasn't quite strong enough to put you in a fight with literally thousands of frogs and they didn't want to add extra animations for them nearly dying of asphyxiation. Most of the game takes place in America, Europe, and Japan.

too bad you cant fly. heck, you cant even jump

The strafing runs shine here. One BRRRRRRT could shred multiple smaller webs.

Also it costs next to nothing too provided it's only one plane.

VDF
HARDEST
RAGE
3/4
MISSIOM 93

It's not too bad at that point, all thing considered.

joooooooooin

we're on 18 now!

Attached: 1563603417467.jpg (800x1030, 557K)

Pretty sure 39-40 are just (You) and sarge's squad getting overwhemed by monsters and drones after the battle in mission 38.

what di dinosaur steak taste like?

its the way he says it thats hilarious
>1.5 billion people dead?
>meh

FROM NAU ON WE VWILL KALL DEM BIGG ANCURS

Everytime my sides
I've not got to it yet on PC, I want to hear what he sounds like in JP

>damage not even maxed
jesus

THER BIGG ANCUR ARU DRUPPING ALARUND US!

Is tortoise and skull grenades a good ranger loadout?

Attached: 19364839.jpg (190x266, 20K)

no

>thats not erotic to you
Living a sad life bro

depends on your definition of good.

Are any other anons on mission 26?

Max is like 479k or something

Continuing on Mission 18.

Attached: danceboys.png (530x404, 465K)

On Normal?

Read the replied post, it's Hardest.

weak

user just start again from hard.

And always have one melee+one weapon to jump as the first set.

NORMAL ROOM
Suck my tadpole
MISSION 27

GGs

Attached: Untitled-1.png (559x587, 422K)

>NORMAL ROOM

Attached: 444.jpg (1448x1046, 116K)

>Normal

Attached: Hobby.png (574x567, 411K)

dispersal mortar + twin spear = movile ayy destroyer.

Yes, normal room.
I haven't had time to play

why are they striped, theyre not panties theyre shorts
but more importantly, how?

Where's the fucking hardest lobbies

Attached: 1545054658882.png (325x300, 87K)

It's just photoshop
i'm sorry

So I'm at around lvl 80 now and I noticed a pretty big plothole.
You know how teleportation is called Teleportation right? And how the anchor like things which teleports are called Teleportation Anchors. Also how the big teleportation anchors are called Big Anchors.
So why the fuck are the big humans not called Big Humans? And why the fuck are the flying big baby humans not called Flying Babies?

Because they are letting that lady with the awful british accent name everything and she sucks at it.

Why didn't the ayys just take over the first time they visited?

Probably because they were cultivating humans and it didn't turn out like they hoped.
Who knows?

Hopefully there will be answers in the sequel.

As expected of an AI.
Just kidding.

full

Is she AI or not? Would made lot of sense.

Because the troops already have a hard time shooting adult humans. They need to dehumanize the babies however they can to keep fighting effectiveness.

I think she was trying to lighten the mood because everyone is sinking into despair.

i'd rather have KANG names then BIGG ANCUR names

Ranger or fencer to start off with in 5? Already played the hell out of ranger in 4.1, but I still enjoy the basic run and gun. Never properly tried out fencer and I might try out air raider later on. No interest in wing diver though.

So how bad is the state of humanity at the end of this game compared to game 3?

hard fucked, the edf was non existent and they were giving the orders to send surviving children and whatnot to fight.

whose to say that they werent the promethean pagan gods that Humanity eventually overthrew?

Operation Omega

international comms and infrastructure are still intact, theres still more a billion people left. I say its alright with some couple of years of hard fucking and reverse engineering

fencer is real nice this time around with all the dash and recoil upgrades
lots to mess around with

>all this free alien tech and advancements made during war
>population problem solved

not too bad

where Hardest lobby at?

Attached: 1563726616919.jpg (750x750, 123K)

edf doesnt swear

it full