Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=IXbQUJbckZM
youtube.com/watch?v=vG12FW5lMWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

really wish they made another sequel after warhead

A-at least we had Wars, user...

yeah that was pretty awesome

2 was ok, had a pretty good OST

I started with this IP on 2. That opening theme is one of my favorites. Dark Heart is one of the best missions. Game still looks great, story was decent and the Ceph were neat. Too bad 3 threw everything out the window.

It had nothing else going for it. I agree though, Lorne Balfe is one of the better composers.

Good graphics
Shitty franchise

It was Hans Zimmer and a russian guy.
Hans Zimmer composed the main theme.
youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=IXbQUJbckZM

3 tried to tie more with Crysis 1 than 2.
Honestly, overall the events of Crysis 2 ended up being pretty pointless.

Played 1 and 2 both were below mediocre and very forgetable.

Lorne Balfe did the soundtrack besides the theme. The same thing goes for cod mw2, where zimmer also did the main theme, but Balfe, his protege, did the rest of the soundtrack.

Cringe and purplepilled

Very cringe and bluepilled

3 was a better game than 2. That isn't saying much but 2 is definitely the low point of the series.

Couldn't happen after they decided to kill Nomad in a comic. Honestly, they needed to rethink 2 from the ground up. From DX11 disaster to the casualization of the controls, it was just such a mess. 3 would've been good if Crytek didn't decide they were done with the story and just half assed it.

Crysis 1 had so good controls don't know why they dumped it. People blame consoles but I don't think so because activating powers wasn't difficult if you use D-pad.

It was the consoles.
They had to ditch the 5 mode nanosuit for the 2 mode one to accomodate the gamepad.

1>3>2

Also the novel Crysis: Legion is criminally underrated. Haven't read the comics but the art looked mediocre.

HO crysis bros i thought i was alone..
i played the first one when it came out and i was 7 yo
>tfw no more to prophets story
it hurts bros it really does..

Attached: muhfeels.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Buy D-pad can do 4 nanosuit modes and they should have just changed maximum speed to R3/R like it is for CoD or every other fps.
On pc it was perfect.

I mean, Crysis 3 was a closed ending.
Not much else to tell.

Will there been an afterlife, I wonder? Choirs of angels? Or a fiery pit? One unlearns these falsehoods over time, but the child who learnt to fear hell is never really gone. To tell the truth, I think I had enough of afterlives as it is - this one has been pretty purgatorial. Almost fifty years floating in supercooled jelly like some medical specimen, thoughts creeping like rats through cramped silicon corridors of machines trapped behind video screens and camera systems. Never sleeping, never resting, never ceasing to think about the world I no longer belong to. No, if this is a taste of the afterlife, I think simple oblivion will do nicely.

Attached: hargreave.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

>story was decent

Attached: 1491121303638.jpg (800x695, 88K)

Crysis 2's theme still gives me good feeling.

>Honestly, overall the events of Crysis 2 ended up being pretty pointless.
Still feels unnerving what happened to Alcatraz. Motherfucker just got assimilated slowly into becoming Prophet, that's pretty fucking metal.

Don't forget how main guy from warhead was a fatass in crysis 3.

>game where you play as a super soldier with incredible strength, an invisibility cloak, and other crazy abilities
>20 foot fall kills you
>can sprint as fast as a normal human being walking
>one bullet and you're near death

Attached: 1522195088376.jpg (713x809, 67K)

Only the first one was good, it just became halo after that.

On console the weapons were tied to the dpad and so the only free buttons for the suit modes were l1 for stealth and r1 for armor.

Far Cry 1 > Crysis 2 > Crysis 1 > Crysis 3 > Warhead. Consistently good game design always trumps power dicking around in a power fantasy that gets old after an hour.

>Couldn't happen after they decided to kill Nomad in a comic.
Nomad isn't actually dead, though.
>From DX11 disaster
There was no disaster.
>to the casualization of the controls
You are never, ever, ever getting the old nanosuit back because casual audiences disliked it and casual audiences are the ones who actually buy videogames. Crysis 2's controls are mostly excellent. Main issue is how they handle power jumping. They should have implemented a double jump, Doom 2016/Far Cry New Dawn/Rage 2-style. The "hold SPACE longer to do a sluggish higher jump" just didn't work right.
>3 would've been good if Crytek didn't decide they were done with the story and just half assed it.
Crysis 3 was crazy rushed. Had a dev cycle of just under 2 years and its team was a lot smaller than Crysis 2 since they were being reallocated to work on Ryse and Homefront 2. Crysis 3's plot suffers from a huge time jump followed by extremely frantic pacing where they attempt to wrap up a huge number of story threads in a game that clearly should have been twice as long as it was.

>It was the consoles.
>They had to ditch the 5 mode nanosuit for the 2 mode one to accomodate the gamepad.
Crysis 1 literally has native Xbox 360 gamepad controls. It was originally going to be an Xbox 360 game.

The nanosuit was changed because AUDIENCES DIDN'T LIKE IT. I don't understand why people invent reasons for something that is so straightforward. There's a vocal minority that loves the original nanosuit, but the feedback EA got was clear. People didn't like it. The Crysis 2 nanosuit is vastly preferred among casual gamers.

What do you know?
Are you a dev or some shit?

Crysis 1 uses wheels for suit power selection, which is like the most console thing ever. IIRC, you hold L1 to bring up the suit power wheel.

>reallocated to work on Ryse
Now there's a game everyone actually forgot after release.

Most people think Crytek hasn't released anything since Crysis 3.

Crytek explained why the nanosuit was changed in interviews. It's not some mystery. We know for a fact Crysis 1 was supposed to be an Xbox 360 game. Crytek offered it to Microsoft as an exclusive. The idea that later Crysis games had their controls changed because "muh consoles" ignores that Crysis 1 was supposed to be a multiplatform game, and this is partially why the PC version has a page in its manual dedicated to the Xbox 360 gamepad controls. The later games were changed to cater to casual audiences. Who make up a vast majority of the gaming demographic. It had nothing to do with consoles in and of themselves.

>All these zoomers who started with 2 or 3 and think they are good games
You fags are the reason Crysis died.

Still waiting for Trilogy remastered

No, i won't buy Xbone just for that

Sounds like a fuck up, considering both Crysis 2 and 3 sold less than 1.

Plenty of people remember Ryse. It was basically Hellblade before Hellblade was a thing. You could argue people don't remember Hellblade, either, and you might have a point there. Still, Ryse was cool. Terribly troubled development, but it turned out okay considering the circumstances. The digital acting still sends chills down my spine.

HOW DARE YOU!
HOW.
DARE.
YOU.

Crysis died because Crytek was obsessed with the idea of making shitty F2P games.

Nobody has ever proven Crysis 2 sold worse than Crysis 1. Crysis 1 sold rather badly and took years to eventually sell three million copies. Warhead sold even worse. Crysis 2's sales are unclear but it did sell well enough to persuade the penny pinchers at EA to greenlight a third Crysis.

3 had a god tier theme
youtube.com/watch?v=vG12FW5lMWc

Crytek released a single F2P game, which was Warface. They were developing Hunt as a co-op F2P game but it was rebooted into a non-F2P FPS.

Crysis was not F2P.
Ryse was not F2P.
The Climb was not F2P.
Robinson: The Journey was not F2P.

Hey, it's what they said after Crysis 3, that they wanted to focus on F2P games.
And now almost nobody remembers that Crytek or Crysis existed.

It's like nobody remembers that the original Far Cry had gamepad controls patched into it in 2006.

No, Crytek were arguing that F2P was the future of gaming since like 2011 or something like that. Epic felt the same way. But Crytek have literally released a new non-F2P game every 2 years.

>Hellblade
If you mean Ninja Theory's game, people remembered it enough to get a Switch version.

Crytek should've just focused on pioneering technology while every now and then building a game around it to showcase their breakthroughs.
Studio lacks leadership, strategy, vision and someone who can properly handle finances.

Attached: 1549066367141.png (512x422, 231K)

>And now almost nobody remembers that Crytek or Crysis existed.
Hunt: Showdown is leaving early access in literally a month to great acclaim from fans.
You could say the same thing about Ryse getting a PC version a year after release.

Most of their talent left to work on Star Citizen.
I wonder how many of the people who made the Cryengine still work at Crytek.

Do you work for Crytek or something?

I fucking hate that shit.
Clearly the people behind Cryengine have substantial genius going for them; but that doesn't equate to good decision making and life choices. People with vision and set goals are severely underestimated, everyone dismisses them as "idea-guys" because of their ignorance. Fuck Star Citizen by the way.

Attached: 123456.jpg (236x236, 8K)

Not at all. I do know my way around CryEngine, though.

First game had fun wacky shit. Horrible story though, might be one of the messiest franchises I've ever played

Just like how all the people who worked on KOTOR and Mass Effect all left Bioware and now Bioware is just new hires who were playing the games Bioware is known for when they were kids.

Last bit of Far Cry 1 was annoying as hell with the mutants and stuff.

This, it kills the stealth-based gameplay from the earlier part of the game. It worked better in Crysis because it was already a power fantasy where you were supposed to get close to the enemies and wreck shit.

>all those plebs using the power wheel to change powers in Crysis 1
>not using suit shortcuts and turning off the suit voice
Only when you've mastered the suit and the game's movement system will you realize how vastly superior Crysis 1 gameplay was compared to the later titles.

Attached: 1472159927458.jpg (180x188, 5K)

That's not really how it works. Bioware has always been a shit place to work. Working on games like KOTOR was absolute torture. And the games are absolute shit under the hood with a brutal crunch process in the final months called "bioware magic" used to paper over the cracks.

This tactic stopped working as games became more complex. Andromeda was basically made in 18 months since the rest of the 5 year dev cycle was spent not getting much done. And significant amounts of all Bioware game dev was spent contemplating suicide and that kind of thing.
Far Cry 1's horror aspects are one of its strongest elements. My only real complaint is the Fat Boys with their rocket launchers who are massive bullet sponges.

The second to last mission in Far Cry 1 has Krieger throw you out of a helicopter and then helpfully throw you a single M4 with a single magazine. This is your only weapon to cross a vast valley swarming with Trigen. Jumping over the waterfall, swimming to shore, and running for your life as monsters scream and snarl and leap dozens of meters in a single bound was pure thrilling gameplay and atmosphere.

YES THEY FUCKED UP BAD, SERVES THEM RIGHT FOR SELLING OUT

NOW CRYTEK IS IN RUINS

FUCKING GREEDY TURKS

Crysis 1's opening cutscene features Jack running from monsters in a jungle. That's the underlying tone the game was going for. It takes quite a bit of influence from Jurassic Park: Trespasser. In fact, originally the plot was about dinosaurs taking over the world. The horror aspect of Far Cry is key. Later games ditched it to their detriment.

Lol Ryse was such a shit game

>Far Cry 2
>good game design
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS

Ryse is awesome.

I! AM! DAMOCLES! YOU! ARE! NEXT!

IT'S NOT POWER DICKING AROUND IF YOU PLAY ON DELTA

CRYSIS 1 < WARHEAD > FAR CRY 1 >CRYSIS 2

AND I NEVER EEVEN BOTHERED WITH CRYSIS 3 AFTER THE ABYSMAL 2/10 SHIT GAME THAT WAS CRYSIS 2

The texture mod was pretty good

Attached: 1972d4e1_41488_holyfucktextures~2.png (1869x1100, 3.58M)

Far Cry 2 is a Ubisoft game, not a Crytek game.

I don't. The only good crysis was the first one. The sequels were just generic soulless shooters without any of the cool shit that made Crysis 1 (and warhead) so fun.

>IT'S NOT POWER DICKING AROUND IF YOU PLAY ON DELTA
Delta difficulty doesn't really solve the problems such as cloaking your way past every combat encounter. Crysis 3 has the exact same problems as Crysis 1.

Wanna know how i know that it was probably the first shooter you played on PC?

Attached: 139512343480.jpg (197x190, 29K)

THATS ONLY POSSIBLE ON THE FIRST LEVEL, UNLESS YOU INTENTIONALLY DECIDE TO MAP OUT ALL GUARD POSITIONS AND PLAY IT LIKE METAL GEAR SOLID

AND IF YOU DO THAT YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF

The guy who made the Crysis 2 graphics mod became very disillusioned by the Crysis fanbase in general. Mainly because of how stupid and ignorant they were. You don't need to look further than the Blackfire mods for Crysis 1 and 2. They completely fuck the art style and destroy the game's lighting. And Crysis 1 fans eat that shit up because they have no grasp of aesthetics or graphical tech. They're like those people who use Skyrim graphics mods that make everything bloomey and stupid. Maldo's mod faithfully improved Crysis 2's graphics. And as he and others noted, PC hardware in 2011 was not capable of handling textures like his mod. There's a reason Crysis 2 has inconsistent asset quality. The number of unique assets in a single level of Crysis 2 is huge. Crysis 1 had shit texture quality but people have nostalgia for that one so... yea, dude was not happy with the whole vibe about Crysis modding.

Crysis 1 has a pretty clear problem where you can cloak, run to the next piece of cover, wait for cloak to recharge, rinse and repeat. Of course this could be seen as a feature and not a bug, but it's an example of why invisibility is such a bad game mechanic.

The movement speed is even worse. You can move way too fast considering the AI's ability to keep up.

THAT'S HORSESHIT, ON DELTA THE CLOAK TIME IS MUCH SHORTER.

UPLOAD A PLAYTHROUGH OF YOU CLOAKING THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME, WITHOUT MEMORIZING EXACT PATHS AND STUDYING THE BEST ROUTE

PROTIP YOU CANT

Crisis 1 multi was fun as fuck

>The movement speed is even worse. You can move way too fast considering the AI's ability to keep up.
LMAO YOU PLAYED ON NORMAL YOU FUCKING CASUAL

YOU CAN ONLY SPRINT LIKE 15 METERS BEFORE YOUR SUIT ENERGY IS OUT ON DELTA. AND THEN YOURE VULNERABLE AS FUCK AND WILL DIE IN 3-4 BULLETS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO SUIT ENERGY FOR THE SHIELD

But can you run it?

What's with the fuckin caps? As if we didn't knew already Crysis was the game of annoying zoomers and easily easily impressionable graphic whores who never played Quake or Unreal at their time.

Attached: 1395006924799.jpg (480x360, 14K)

AUTISM

QUAKE IS SHIT COMPARED TO DOOM YOU FUCKING ZOOMER NEWFAG NIGGER

Does it matter? You played neither at the time, poser.

Attached: 1455513556293.png (633x468, 162K)

I PLAYED DOOM ON THE SCHOOL COMPUTERS IN 98'

FUCK YOU NIGGER

The only good level was the Arena. The combat was basic simon says batman wannabe, and the story was just Roman GI shit with zero inspiration. Literally only played it because I'm a sucker for anything ancient Rome.

>HURR DURR!!
>PLAYED DOOM ONCE AT THE SCHOOL SO FUCKIN HARDKOAR!
Lay off the fuking onions, CryBaby.

Attached: 1407484979772.jpg (500x378, 53K)

STOP POSTURING YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

IF YOU DONT LIKE CRYSIS THEN GTFO THIS THREAD

>crysis 2 and 3
shit
>crysis
based

Attached: crysis car.webm (640x360, 2.46M)

I wouldn't play this game again, it was so basic, no prone, 2 guns max, worse AI, underwhelming story.

Crymodder detected.

Crysis 1 has prone

>no prone
Oh, the humanity.
>2 guns max
The 3 weapon limit was better, yes.
>worse AI
Untrue. Crysis 1's AI is a super shitty version of Far Cry 1's. Crysis 2's has its issues but it can at least path-find competently.

Which fanbase is worse? Crysis 1 fans or Far Cry 2 fans?

SINGLEPLAYER QUAKEFAGS

All I see is Just Cause-style physics-driven mayhem against incompetent AI. It gets boring after 30 minutes, and then what are you left with? Crysis is a solid military FPS, but the way the hardcore fans focus on the least interesting part of the experience says a lot about them.

Considering how the nanosuits tried to merge with their hosts, being separated must have felt like being skinned alive and having your organs removed.

Psycho was probably suffering from PTSD/Depression for a long time.

The falling is bullshit, I agree. But you pulled the speed aspect out of your ass. You could keep up with fucking humvees during sprint, not to mention surviving (and renegeration) from a direct rocket hit in armour mode.

play on easy if you want your power fantasy

play on delta if you want to play operation flashpoint with ultra modern military tech

But can you run?

Crysis 2 was the epitome of bad casualization, but I really liked the production values. Listening to the radio chatter of the soldiers as they react to you tearing through NY makes the game seem a lot more fun than it really is

>Crysis 1: Large opened levels with sandbox physics and can pretty much do whatever you want to accomplish the objective
>But the suit is gimmicky as fuck and feels like an after-thought, energy runs out in two fucking seconds of doing anything

>Crysis 2: Less physics, technology, and ways of going about accomplishing objectives
>But the suit at least feels badass

Attached: 1555095093637.png (210x339, 89K)

its funny how there are both people complaining that the suit is overpowered and underpowered in this thread