Soul calibur 6

Goddamn what happened to the hype?

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (1024x576, 137K)

It was a bad game so nobody played it

Namco Bandai is fucking awful at supporting games post release and releasing dlc in a reasonable amount of time. The game has been out for 9 months and they still haven't even announced the last dlc character in a fucking 3 character season pass and we know it's just going to be Cassandra anyways.

how do i get a cute gf to kinniku buster

It was nice while it lasted, I regret nothing. What the fuck happened with Cassandra though? Did they forget?

It was good but they left out too many key dudes. It'll probably pick up when they finally add in the missing SC1 fan favorites instead of adding fucking randoms like 2b (even though she's fun to play)

It's a fighting game. It was never going to stay relevant in discussion.

Game's great. Its more popular than MK 11 on Twitch

Honestly guest character wank just always makes want to go back and play the old games over the new ones.

>Its more popular than MK 11 on Twitch
Well that's something at least.

namco gave it a shoestring budget and released it between two major games. It's a miracle it did as well as it did

>left out too many key dudes
who? all the SC staples are in

Nothing? the game is fine but namco treats its like a redheaded stepchild, the marketing for it is very bad, and have kinda shit the bed with supporting it gets lots of patches, but it taking them forever to release dlc
People on Yea Forums think exceptions are the rule and that any fighting that doesn't have 10,000 people playing it at a time is """"dead"""" when in reality its actually one of the more populated fighting games on steam

Attached: 1537585418066.jpg (636x779, 60K)

Can't believe I wasted 60 bux on this shit. I really need to stop falling for hype.

I'm interesting, what's your issue?

>falling for hype
>ever
You can be hyped but study a game before it releases and always do what your brain says not your heart or whatever is causing you to blind-buy. Even if at first you're only holding off until it goes on sale for like 10-20% off it's still a starting point.

MK11 bombed so no surprises. It can't even surpass SamSho at evo

I thought it was bad to be real bruh. Been playing since 2. the roster is fine but feels like it's missing something I honestly can't say what. The graphics don't look like they've improved at all since 4. The voice acting was shit tier. the story was awful, the CAC was shallow as fuck and lacked any amount of content unless you wanted to be a dumb fuck who paid for reused assets from past games.

The mechanics for the game itself weren't awful but there's some shit that needs to go, needs to come back and some stuff I just plain left me thinking "Why the fuck did they do that?"

Needs to go:

Meter, holy fuck this shit does not belong in SC. It's been shit on by the fanbase since namco first introduced it.

Critical Edge, the fucking ultra moves break the flow of combat and just plain don't feel like they fit in the game flow.

Reversal edge is plain cancerous. requires 0 knowledge of your characters move set and is a shitty rock paper scissors waste of time that rewards you with meter, does way too much damage for something that can be spammed it Costs nothing to do and breaks the flow of combat. I've seen people defend it as "it's a defensive option!" you have fucking guard impacts for a reason. If you're not skilled enough to use them, thats your own fault.

SPEAKING OF GI's

Fucking guard crush from mis-timing them. Why? Mis-timing GI's is already a punishment because you're going to eat shit from your opponent for said mis-timing. Why double dip on punishes?

Shit that I question

Removal of certain combo's and moves in general as well as the outright reversal of inputs for said moves while the input still does the exact same move it's done since fucking SC2.

Why? What is the point of that? To force players to relearn an input that has the same outcome for no arbitrary reason? That's pointless.

I could keep going on but I feel like most people won't be paying attention to this thread anyways.

RE and CE are shit and the git gud lmao fags can keep saying how easy it is to counter them to the five people still playing

>the CAC was shallow as fuck and lacked any amount of content unless you wanted to be a dumb fuck who paid for reused assets from past games.
I paid for reused assets from past games and even after two DLC packs there's still plenty of items missing.
They should have released actual alternate costumes for the default characters instead.
>the fucking ultra moves break the flow of combat
That's not even all of it. They are essentially cutscenes that are way too long and even add an extra "character says something stupid" part at the end if they finish off the opponent. They're boring, badly choreographed and I quickly got tired of hearing "THIS NIGHTMARE WILL CONSUME YOOOOUUU", "Just kidding", "I too cannot afford to lose" and so on.
SCV had supers and they were much better since they actually had roles other than "dumb damage". Siegfried had a powerful ranged attack, Natsu/ZWEI could chain their super into some other attack, Patroklos could use it for ring outs and so on.
>Mis-timing GI's is already a punishment because you're going to eat shit from your opponent for said mis-timing. Why double dip on punishes?
Triple dip if you count lethal attacks. Every character has at least a "break GI" one.

*SNIFF*

Some questionable balance changes, retardely strong ring out game on many characters and bad maps that allowed that kind of play too easily

Game's been out for a while now, and it's a fighting game. Buzz goes up and down for fighters, it depends on how good your online is, and how often you get updates, and whether or not the updates are good.

Relax, until the season pass content is all out there, it's too soon to say whether or not the game's done. And we got Evo soon as well, so hope for a good showing that makes people want to play.

In the end of the day they are 4. Tira is a dlc character, as much it was available in the fucking beta.

It's missing arenas by a lot and the variety in the game sucks.
The ost was ridiculous small and had very few new tracks, most are remixes of previous games, because those bastards were planning releasing the osts of all previous games and call it a day. A bunch of the customization is locked as dlc from previous games and there is a lot restrictions with outfit pieces due to races and genders.

And yeah, fuck meters and SC that lock moves of characters with that shit. And fuck CE and RE that are unnecesary and break the flow of the fights.

>After fapping you have that "enlightened" moment where you realize it's a fighting game

Attached: 1560965295815.webm (640x640, 1.76M)

They still think I wanna play a Soul Calibur game with meter, that's what the fuck happened.

it was fun up until I stomped some guy so hard in the first round that he did nothing but RE the second round
then after that I got matched with like the top ranked maxi at the time as a G2
combined, I just said fuck it and never went back

Attached: whoa.jpg (800x580, 245K)

>mfw i fought a dude i was evenlut matched with for like an hour and a half earlier today

sometimes this game can be pretty fuckin fun

Attached: 1443131764968.jpg (328x277, 11K)

People played it and realized it's shit

>who? all the SC staples are in
Hwang and Lizardman are leaked DLC for season 2, so is Rock if I'm not mistaken.
Considering every game has had a "Chinese blade" character in either Hwang or Yunseong except for SCV, as well as Hwang being in the story mode, his absence is a big deal.
Speaking of which,
>story mode
what a load of shit that is. Talking heads and fighting CAS opponents with bad artwork and worse plots.
The Libra mode is even worse, with nothing but boring text bubbles. It should have been like the Edgemaster mode from previous games, not skip dialogues: the game mode.

>game has story elements of 1
>missing Hwang, Lizardman and fucking Edge Master
Lizardman was leaked so early and how he had a incomplete moveset. but obviously Bamco would make it paid dlc
>Libra
Zas was just a retelling of stories, really, what the fuck

>Zasalamel being in the game at all
SCVI is a reboot of SCI and Zas wasn't even there until SCIII. He should've been DLC if anything.
I swear everything about this game screams mismanagement.

rock is not a staple, hwang is really pushing it. I'll give you lizardman

>Chinese blade character is "pushing it"
Here's your (You)

hwang was never on top of any character polls

That doesn't mean he hasn't been a staple of the series for years now. The same can be said for rock. For fucks sake he was the basis for Astaroth.

>The black tape project
>Red tape
1 job

>Hwang
I'm suprised Bamco even cares about him, considering his only reason for existing was to replace someone on the roster for the arcade releases to appeal to Koreans before being replaced himself.