I need a new mmo guys

i need a new mmo guys
i dont care if its weeb shit
i dont care if its p2w
i dont care about the balance
i dont even care if it is shit

i just want a new mmo to invest myself into, but its gotta be one that coming out soon or just released

i yearn for that rush of playin a new mmorpg when it just comes out
the first few months are always the best

what mmos are coming out soon that i can deep dive into

Attached: risk-your-life-damage-floating.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

i should have added one exception, no WoW classic
it wont be new for me

Want a story-driven MMO that's hugely popular right now and don't mind it being a themepark with classes that feel good to play but do not have that much of a depth built into them, and a lot of fetching in order to catch up (unless you buy potions to skip that shit)? Play Final Fantasy XIV.
Want more of a "I do whatever the fuck I want" playstyle, with a more rigid gameplay but bit more freedom on how you play, with the downside that the game was already solved years ago? WoW classic.
Other than that? There are no other "new" MMORPGs coming out, and the two I just posted are not really that new.
I guess if you haven't played Phantasy Star Online 2, that game is coming out someday in the west, but it isn't out yet.

OSRS

Attached: RS.jpg (1916x1074, 574K)

Iron Man mode on osrs

Attached: Warding_Summary.png (170x115, 11K)

>hey you know that MMO you play
>What if you took out all human interaction
wew

played ffxiv, its pretty shit
i played original wow and have played wow for years, im not interested in wow classic at all

i played pso2 on jp

i played rs when it was original
i still remember twinking with black armor and starting all again when i died in the wilderness
i played when the theiving expainsion or whatever they want to call ti came out, i remember i paid for membershit and my mum got angry

ok but whats ironman mode

Ironman mode is where you don't trade with other players

why do you think that would appeal to me

I wouldn't, that's why I suggested OSRS and that other sperg said ironman

Don't play Runescape lol, you'll quite within a week. Not sure why these 5 goons on Yea Forums keep recommending it right away

Play ESO, or EVE, even GuildWars

Runescape... lol... you guys crack me up

You just seem like the kind of person it would be appeal to

A single quest in OSRS has more soul than all of those games you listed

return of reckoning

ff14 sadly

ok mr Zezima bro!!! my bad!!!

>RIP VILE RAT 07 XD

If you enjoy what is essentially a glorified chatroom with numbers and skills, OSRS is nice. Your attention is only ever really needed in later parts of the game after spending much time with it, but my time spent in the /vg/ clan chat (don't worry, it's just a chatroom, not a clan) was fun as hell, and it's great when everyone pulls together for a games room night to dick around. Pretty fun and memey as well, just remember that the only people you should hate in it are redditors, and not helmies. At least, /vg/ helmies.

Phantasy Star Online is also rigidly standing tall, Ephinea is the closest you can get to the original playstyle of it, no boosted exp rates and slightly modified drop rates (items go from 1/56654 to roughly 1/~12k to keep the grind but not die horribly of boredom) as well as being maximum comfy thanks to the game's inherently calm atmosphere and symphonic soundtrack. Would absolutely recommend PSO1, as I simply cannot describe it as anything other than 'comfy'

Final Fantasy XI is also one that's still around, a lot of people will tell you it's not worth it but you're looking at roughly 20 years of content to dig through, thanks to an update at the turn of last decade you no longer are absolutely required to have a party and can fill empty slots with NPC's. Still a fun as fuck game at times, but the playerbase is only ever really around 5k on the real servers, and you'll have to pay a subscription fee and suffer through setting up the game and PlayOnline. This was all simplified relatively recently (>5 months) but is still a chore, albeit a blast of nostalgia if you're a softwarefaggot like me that can enjoy early 2000's shit.

Whilst I have not played FF14 and refuse to on the basis of it being a drain on Yea Forums and /vg/, you are welcome to check it out. Just remember to keep your wits and n-word usage about you to stave off trannies.

ESO is also decent, and fucking huge as fuck. It's surprising, honestly. post limit

>Whilst I have not played FF14 and refuse to on the basis of it being a drain on Yea Forums and /vg/
What brand of stupid are you to dismiss a game because people talk about it on an image board?

Also, ESO is fucking huge. Like, seriously - and you can never wander for more than a minute without seeing a quest NPC. There's shit to do all over, just remember to claim in regional chat that the high elves are behind everything.

Also, last recommendation I can give would be to just find something you enjoy. There's still more than a few non-p2w mmo's out there, and I can't keep giving you things to look at. Explore, find something that seems interesting. Everything I've listed barring ESO are relatively small downloads/installs and can run on old as fuck hardware, so go buck-wild.

If you do play OSRS though, get runelite. The Old-School client simply doesn't have GPU usage at all, and relies entirely on the CPU, keeping you at a constant 20fps even with a decent system. It's really fucking poorly made, and runelite fixes everything.

And no, it's not a cheat client.

>inb4 reddit spacing
hate reading long posts that aren't formatted, hurts my eyes

ESO would unironically be the best MMO if it didn't have such shit core mechanics:
>anim canceling bug lazily left in as part of the actual rotation
>everything plays like floaty shit subsequently, and the filler cancels are ultra janky bullshit
>emulated physics that also feel like shit for rays and fireballs

It's a turd polished to such a mirror chrome finish after so many DLC that it reflects the sun into a laser blinding your eyes to its faults but not your taste buds.

Someone who avoids trannies and waifuposting in a videogame.
Take a look at the /vg/ for it, or any thread for it. It's always the same shit, and it's easy to tell the more frequent posters in the threads are younger and have a shitty sense of humor.
/ksg/ is healthier than /ffxivg/.

You don't need a new mmo. Stop playing them, they're all shit.

thanks

actually ESO is one of the only big MMOs in the past years i still havent tried
i do love scrolls lore so not sure why i havent got into it
as i understand, it has a mode similar to WvWvW from gw2 right? i did love that in gw2, will it be hard for me to catch up and be at least a bit competitive with other players in that mode?

I only just read that you wanted new mmo's
Sadly, there simply aren't any fresh coming out that would be explorable on the level you wish for. There are definitely some that exist currently for you to do so, but if you are in desperate need of the act of exploration, you're out of luck. Your options are either WoW Classic, or to find a popular minecraft server that runs a massive map - not 2b2t, of course, but faction-based maps are frequently so massive you can spend days at a time spelunking abandoned towns, villages, and caves - all player made - and find remnants of past friendships, battles, and retards that got caught by creepers.

What I've always loved about these is that you absolutely /could/ join a faction to fight, but the simple act of fucking off in your own direction with a bed to keep your spawn moving is something that can be extremely fun if you're lucky. The exploration of castles and things and the search for hidden areas can yield a rush like no other as you find things like loot and signs leftover from previous use. Hell, you might even see a lad or two on the way, whether it's a spy crossing a faction border or a scout keeping an eye on the lands. Most of these servers are definitely past their prime, but the recent uptake of Minecraft overall has lead to a bit of an increase in playercounts, albeit Minecraft already had millions playing all the time.

There appears to be level scaling but I'm not sure. The install size being ~100GB really left me with a sour taste and all my friends only played it for a week since it was $5 during steam sale.

I recommend you try it, but the combat can be quite unfun if you're doing something alone as, say, a priest. Take a silly name though, you'll have much more fun when people do not treat you as a roleplayer. More interaction, etc. Or do, and roleplay. Up to you.

OP HERE IM BUYING ESO THANKS ALL FUCK JANNIES

so if i make a slut and have a larpy name i will get requests?
is the rp community that big there?

It's elder scrolls, mate. People just adore the lore and setting, and thanks to Morrowind (the game) and the addition of the fucking continent OF morrowind into ESO has only driven things up the wall in terms of that. I'm not saying it's faggy as fuck to engage in it - nor are there retards that drive the quality of rp down significantly in droves (as they always exist) - but it still exists.
By all means, be the argonian slut you want, but don't expect better roleplayers to pay attention to you.

it aint ff14

The only fun MMO remains to be Ragnarok, honorable mention to Age of Wushu/Wulin in it's glory days.

Any other people who haven't played mmos in a while here?

Have you noticed that some of the most vivid memories regarding mmos involve in-game downtime? Like idling or waiting somewhere and staring at the scenery? I was trying to sort out any mental images I remember from WoW and the first things that came to mind were fucking around in Dalaran, waiting for an afk in Maraudon, running along a long-ass road in Ashenvale or Dustwallow, that kind of shit. I had to sit down and squeeze my brain to remember ebin pvp moments or raids or whatever, you know, actual action.
Why the fuck does that happen? I sure as hell don't know, but all I know is that I want an mmo to give me something nice to stare at during downtime.