Did you enjoy this game? I feel broken because I'm not having that much fun and this shit has what it seems like...

Did you enjoy this game? I feel broken because I'm not having that much fun and this shit has what it seems like, universal praise.

Attached: breath-of-the-wild.jpg.cf.jpg (711x399, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4IakZtHzBL8
youtu.be/tukA3xIKpcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoyed it a lot until I finished the main quest. After that there wasn't anything interesting to do anymore, I explored a bit, found nothing but shrines and koroks then I stopped playing because it became boring as fuck. I hope the sequel stays amazing for more than 20-40 hours.

I enjoyed it a lot and can't wait for the sequel. No one will enjoy every single game out there.

Ok here goes

>beautiful empty world
>everything breaks
>cool looking armor is locked out behind amiibos
>armor variety is not that great
>only thing you can expect from exploring are shrines and koroks, maybe one or two villages with no relevant nothing on them

They should have ditched the breaking mechanic and hide weapons and armor all around the map in specific, already there places.

It's good but it could have been GOAT

Attached: 1546216361153.png (350x400, 205K)

Attached: 1559175206109.png (531x446, 284K)

I did everything before Ganon and then I felt complete

Not everyone has to like a game with universal praise

Me, I enjoy other types of games better, but this was pretty good

I agree with this except for the breaking mechanic

It kept me on my toes the whole time having to constantly shuffle my arsenal. I thought it was pretty cool

Attached: 1563218812091.gif (320x180, 1.07M)

how is it that at all times there must be a
>I didnt enjoy botw
thread up. How butthurt can sonyfags be to make this thread every hours over 2 years since the games release.

Imagine being this butthurt because someone didn't enjoy a game you like. Take your meds.

I got bored halfway through and never finished it. You're not alone, OP, but you can't talk about the disappointing aspects of the game here or else faggots will call you butthurt or a sonyfag or some other weak ass bullshit because they shill for free 24/7.

Imagine being so butthurt you make threads hourly for 2 years about not enjoying a game. Pathetic dude.

i enjoyed it but it definitely didn't deserve such a high score. my main complaint is how every weapon of the same type feels the same.

Yea Forums isn't one person. Stop getting mad over video game threads you autist.

for example

I did but it had its downs like rain, divine beasts being empty, and the whole Rito section being so rushed and poorly written in comparison to the other sections.

DAE AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINK BOTW IS NOT GOOD GAME? BCUZ IN MY PINION BOTW IS UBISOFT TOWER OPEN WORLD MEME BAD GAME

List of OTHER GAME that does THING better than BOTW:
Skyrim
Ass Creed
Far Cry
Minecraft
Terraria
DARK SOULS

u get the poitn....BOTW is NOT innovate because BOTW did NOT invent DAE MECHANIC bcuz innovation = invention das rite. Also BOTW is shit empty has no content bcuz i dun like BOTW content

>Having a mental breakdown because someone said he didn't enjoy a game

This thread is literally made almost everyday. I feel like this is some meme I am not understanding.

No. Your instincts are right. This game is awful, with a boring world and the horrible shrines. Dont let the overall media make you doubt what you clearly see: this game is nothing more than a shitty tech demo with atrocious world design.

it is not uncommon to feel like you're living in a fucking insane world full of retards when this mediocre dumpster game has gotten such praise.

just believe in your heart and stay true to yourself OP.

Not the point faggot. Yes, you don't like the game, so brave. No you are not the only one. No you are not insightful. And no, most of the arguments against BOTW don't foster any constructive discussion about it at all. It has been over 2 fucking years now give it a fucking rest these threads are all the same shit on loop

it's a good game go make friends and enjoy the breath of IRL

Calm the fuck down, bitch

What the fuck? Why do you have to go full reddit by imitating someone in a stupid manner?

Attached: Screenshot_20190723-000110_Google.jpg (1022x794, 360K)

Stop getting mad because someone didn't enjoy a game you like, autist.

Say something different for once. What is the value of this fucking thread we've had a million times that never goes anywhere.

you don't understand value. value is meaningless to you.

Stop getting mad.

Attached: i-deliberatley-entered-a-thread-full-of-things-that-i-5787722.png (500x459, 23K)

nice retort we're on track to a standard BOTW thread thanks

user all he said was he didn't enjoy the game, calm down

Attached: 113513614783w38.jpg (471x628, 44K)

It's fine if you're not having that much fun. Its designed to be more like an immersive sim and if you're not into those types of games, it's understandable why you might not like BOTW
I personally really liked it because it really felt like an advancement of the open-world format, not just in the world design itself but also in a lot of how other systems force you to consider the whole game at scope.
The weapon durability is something I actually like a lot because it creates a feeling of needing to gear up for the particular road ahead. I actually kind of wish that the inventory space was more limited so that resource and space scarcity were at an even higher premium, such that preparing for the road ahead and having good or specialized gear becomes a new puzzle to deal with.

yes. a standard botw thread is generally composed of people shitting on it and actively questioning a obvious suspicion that this game was given a high rating my multiple media outlets for illicit reasons.

then on the other side of the fence it's screaming mongrels. not worn down by 2 years of people shitting on their apparent favorite game, but instead screaming all the same as they were 2 years ago.

It's got solid gameplay but with a shitty open world.

It's amazing gameplay and game design in a open world that's worse than shit

Yes BOTW detractors are so reasonable and honest, presenting nothing but constant good-faith arguments. How could the toxic low IQ BOTW fans persecute them so constantly?

Do you even realize the irony of your post?

immediately resorting to projection doesn't make you look good.

Attached: 1459416181605.jpg (665x663, 25K)

Yeah, I loved it. I thought it was revelatory.

>then on the other side of the fence it's screaming mongrels. not worn down by 2 years of people shitting on their apparent favorite game, but instead screaming all the same as they were 2 years ago.
Who's projecting again? Are you upset because I'm flinging your own shitposting back at you instead of falling for retarded non-arguments about a game you feel nobody should enjoy?

whether you enjoy it or not does not dismiss the fact it is rated much higher than it deserves.
if you're saying you wouldn't enjoy the game as much if it were rated in the low 60's, then it's pretty clear your agenda has nothing to do with anything relevant.

Attached: is you serious.jpg (640x360, 106K)

>not insightful
>most of the arguments against don't foster any constructive discussion about it at all.
unlike every other thread on this board, right?

Attached: 1559876930530.png (480x360, 133K)

you could just not post in the thread, you dumb fucking faggot.

BOTW being rated much higher than it deserves =/= BOTW being rated in the low 60s. In my mind BOTW is no less than a solid 8/10, I even enjoyed it enough to possibly give it a personal 9 in spite of its copious flaws like lack of enemy variety, combat depth, and the unfortunate disconnect between the overworld and shrines/dungeons.

Meh the game good not a 10 like a lot of faggots say more like an 8. I personally hated the break mechanic sine opening chests to get a weapon felt hollow. Armor is cool but there is not enough variety to make up for the breaking. Shrines also get old real quick.

I would give it a 3/10 legitamately. Most game engines come with demos more developed than BotW. It really stinks of an indie solo project in a lot of ways. Empty and pointless. The barebones skeleton for a game engine without any of the content expected from a game made by more than 5 people. This is honest criticism.
On top of having little content, some of the content actually in the game is questionably offensive. Murdering animals for raw meat food, including dogs -- is nothing but fucking weird. Crossdressing in womens clothing too?
Rated E for Everyone!
the liberal agenda in full force.

its a shitty and nasty game and pretty fucked up that it was developed and published by Nintendo. You expect more from Nintendo.

Attached: is you forreal.png (211x200, 59K)

what would those of you that didnt like it change? should they have added a bunch of fetch quests ? kill x amount of enemies? in exchange for korok seeds? i like that finding them is the mission and theres no simple time filler quest to get rewarded.

unbreakable weapons? why would you use anything aside from the master sword then? the variations between different weapon classes isnt enough to switch imo.

shrine are basically single dungeon rooms. would you rather have too do 50 chained together with clever shortcuts connecting them and a aesthetic theme? well maybe but i kinda like not being locked in a dungeon. shrines are bite sized with rewards that matter. i could go either way on this one(but then dungeon specific items would effect overworld progress not fun)

the story is good, not stellar but good as in above average.

the overworld is far from empty, its got yes koroks and shrines... world bosses, enviromental hazards(weather,tar pits, corruption), treasure chests , bugs birds and beasts to hunt,great faries, and tons of interactable stuff everywhere.

the games about screwing around and doing what you want, like climbing anything. shooting arrows at villagers. shooting down floating platforms so their occupants drown. or riding a time frozen rock then paraglinding. following the dragons. and shield boarding down a mountain.those that rushed it didnt enjoy it because they missed the point. you dont get an achievment for finding the 5 great fairies so none of them did it. theres no real reward for collecting all koroks either, or climbing every flag pole, but i still did those things but not all. sometimes there was treasure, or a korok, or nothing but a vantage point to scout out the next area i wish to explore.

i do wish it had real fishing though.

This was Nintendo's 1st attempt in an open world game, so it's bound to be rough

But the Liberal Agenda thing I agree with 100%

BoTW2 is gonna be soooooo much better apparently

It took inspiration from Rockstar of all studios this time

Attached: 30273689652.png (1600x1435, 1.43M)

>what would those of you that didnt like it change?
Bigger enemy variety, combat that isn't trash, difficulty that doesn't become easier the longer you play until you achieve godmode like 20 hours in, more weapons, open world that isn't empty.
>should they have added a bunch of fetch quests ?
They already did. Almost all side quests are shitty fetch quests with horrible writing.
>shrine are basically single dungeon rooms.
Except pretty much all of them share the exact same music, textures and lore.
>the story is good
The story is trash, don't be delusional.
>the overworld is far from empty
Filling it with shit doesn't make it less empty. What makes it less empty is quality content like villages or unique and interesting areas such as the mountain with the King of the Mountain. Sadly the game doesn't have much of good stuff like this.
>the games about screwing around and doing what you want
Yeah, a sandbox game disguised as an open world adventure.

That being said, I enjoyed the game while it lasted, I just think it has a ton of missed potential and hope the sequel is a massive improvement and an actual masterpiece.

I legitimately feel sorry for people who claim BotW is empty. It has more content than any other open world game in years, and the map design is so dense in some regions that you're literally tripping over shit to find and do. I think its a lot of detractors just miss the railroading/linearity in previous games, even if they don't necessarily realize it.

Attached: 1562641193017.jpg (689x540, 33K)

>Sadly the game doesn't have much of good stuff like this.

8 villages
Over 50 unique environmental shrine quests
Three roaming dragons
A literal horse god
Kilton's roaming monster shop
Great fairies
Tons of wildlife to hunt or collect for your compendium
Lynel battles
More towns than any previous game in the series
Sidequest where you build a town
Pondo's lodge
Shiekah labs
The three labyrinths
Lord of the Mountain
Lost memories
Lover's pond
Evil cursed statue
Shadow forest
Hidden Gerudo shop
Eventide
Thunderlands
Trial of the sword
Snowball bowling
Boulder golfing
Gut check challenge
Mystery of the seven heroine statues

Should I keep going

>It's another shrine
>It's another korok
That doesn't make it less empty.
>It has more content than any other open world game in years
Imagine being this delusional

and I legitimately don't understand people who continue to lie about BotW having content.

Attached: clap.gif (35x31, 1K)

>he's never heard of Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto

Attached: 1563382554617.jpg (188x213, 5K)

N-NO STOP! IT DOESN'T COUNT! UBISHIT TECH DEMO AAA NINCEL 6/10 OPEN WORLD MEME ONIONS REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>Unironically listing shrines
Half of the shit you listed is uninteresting shit.
>Should I keep going
No, that short post you made already contains everything interesting you can discover in the open world of BotW.
>muh console wars
Get a job and have sex

>That doesn't make it less empty.

No, but this does:

>shrines
>environmental puzzles and riddles
>sidequests
>korok challenges
>towers to complete map
>horses to tame
>towns and stables
>enemy encampments that can be conquered in a variety of ways
>chests containing weapons and armor
>wildlife to hunt
>resources such as cooking ingredients and mineral deposits
>climate hazards and other navigational obstacles
>countless one-off discoveries like the horse god, the lord of the mountain, the great fairies, the dragons, the labyrinths, the cursed statue, the monster shop, etc.
>can find ANY of the above within any given square yard, with the terrain specifically designed to guide you towards these things

>Shrines and koroks dont make the world any less empty
>"No, but this does: Shrines, koroks..."
Are you a bot?

you played past zeldas for combat difficulty? if not why did your expectations change for this one? theres bokogoblins,chu chus, skeevs, ancient machines, wolves, bees, yiga clan members, sand worms, rock golems,octorocks, lizard men, blighted enemies, and plenty more the variety could use more i agree a little but you seem to think theres 10 types and thats it.

shrines have issues but every one of them having aethetic differences and music , um you really expect a lot out of 60 dollars , or dont care about quality.

the story is fine. did past zeldas stories really blow you away? what are open worlds with better ones? witcher , skyrim, uh and? horizon zero dawn maybe ?

whats an open world that filled out with better things? would you prefer fetch quests? even the witchers sidequests were glorified fetch quests, give an example of it done right and full.

arent sandbox and openworld kinda a match made in heaven?

I loved everything about it

No, but why would I not include them when they're a core part of the content? What about the other 11 activities?

>No, that short post you made already contains everything interesting you can discover in the open world of BotW.

There's actually more than what he listed, but you'd just move the goalposts anyway with "d-doesn't count" so why bother?

>After playing through BoTW, I'm not sure that th-
>OBSESSED SEETHE COPING SNOYBOY, NICE JOB SHILLING YOUR THREAD, YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENTS 00 MINUTES SINCE LAST COMPLAINT.JPG

RDR and GTA are both empty as fuck though, especially in recent years.

>you played past zeldas for combat difficulty?
Comparing BotW to other games doesn't make it a different game.
>Bees, wolves
Not even actual enemies. For the main portion of the game you fight nothing but Moblins, Bokoblins and Lizalflos. The enemy variety is just trash.
>shrines have issues but every one of them having aethetic differences and music
They literally don't you moron, pretty much all of them have the EXACT music and textures.
>the story is fine.
No it isn't.
>what are open worlds with better ones? witcher?
Yes, The Witcher 3 has a story so much better it's actually insane.
>whats an open world that filled out with better things?
Yes, you moron.
>would you prefer fetch quests?
BotW already does have a shit ton of fetch quests, I already posted what I prefer you absolute fucking idiot.
>give an example of it done right and full.
Any quest that isn't a fetch quest.

what an odd opinion.

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_18_2019 12_36_05 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 799K)

>The enemy variety is just trash.
There's so much variety in the combat options BOTW puts at your disposal.

Step outside of Los Santos for two minutes.

That's the best looking parts of the game

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_16_2019 7_38_38 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.8M)

>Any quest that isn't a fetch quest.
Not him, but give an example of a good sidequest.

Yeah but it's a wasteland. Nothing to do.

yeah except all the activities and offroading I guess

I want to play it but can't justify buying a Switch for one game and it's too complicated to emulate. And yes one game, there is nothing else Nintendo related I am even interested in.

>No, but why would I not include them when they're a core part of the content?
Because they are boring and uninteresting trash.
>8 villages
good job, actually good content the game needs more of.
>A literal horse god
>Kilton's roaming monster shop
>Great fairies
All good content.
>Tons of wildlife to hunt or collect for your compendium
Yeah, such as recolored animals that despawn if you chase them for longer than 2 seconds. Absolutely amazing.
>Pondo's lodge
>Shiekah labs
>The three labyrinths
>Lord of the Mountain
>Lost memories
Good content.
>Lover's pond
Shitty fetch quest that lasts like 2 minutes.
>Evil cursed statue
>Shadow forest
>Hidden Gerudo shop
>Eventide
>Thunderlands
>Trial of the sword
Good content. Trial is DLC though and the DLC is shit by todays standards.
>Snowball bowling
>Boulder golfing
>Gut check challenge
Shitty minigames that get boring after 1 try.
>Mystery of the seven heroine statues
Uninteresting fetch quest.

The problem is just that it isn't enough good content and as I already said, you basically discover all the good shit within like 20 hours and after that you're left with a sandbox game where you can fuck around with the physics until you get bored. As I said, I enjoyed the game but the enjoyment was fucking short for an open world game.
And? That doesn't change the fact that the enemy variety is garbage.
Pretty much every single fucking vault in Fallout New Vegas since they're actually unique and interesting. Meanwhile in BotW the average side quest is "collect X Y's for me because [insert one dimensional non sensical reason]"

I really liked it for like 10-12 hours, then the magic wore off and I realized just how repetitive and full of holes the game is. It's a decent base for a great game, but as it exists it's a 7/10.

There are way too many vast expanses of nothing between the few activities in GTAV's map. Don't be delusional.

>people complain about weapon durability
The secret is to just not fight shit. Combat sucks, weapon durability sucks and whatever you spent killing shit isn't repaid with the stuff you get for it 99% of the time. Not to mention you're just making the game harder in the long run thanks to the ~secret counter~ which only further facilitates the issues mentioned above.

how are bees and wolves not enemies? if something will actively seek you out and try to kill you what is that?

i asked you whats a open world thats filled out better ? and you replied "yes, you moron" youre not very smart are you? what is your example? witcher? if so try back tracking in it then in botw. see wich one feels more alive without any quests to do.

botw fetch quests arent as tedious. and dont need a quest giver to trigger the counter. if you have the items you completed it. theres no collect 50 butterflies and kill 5 bokogoblins starting now quests. and thats a huge difference. if youre collecting and exploring as you go youll have the items already in a lot of cases.

like what , what quest type isnt a go here collect this or kill that? give an example. youre either trolling or just trying to win an argument.

8=====D

The game has alot of unique areas but the way you progress them is too formulaic to enjoy the exploration since its basically copy pasted puzzles,mobs and secrets in a different area for the most part.
I think the game couldve been much better if the areaswere much smaller and the game had more diverse content. Still a good game though which i enjoyed alot.

This. The system is so poorly designed that it actively encourages you to not play the game.

I just cant get into playing the role of this faggot looking elf. I really tried

I didn't enjoy it because I didn't play it, because I don't support Nintendo owing to their hatred of fan projects.

>if something will actively seek you out and try to kill you what is that?
They don't. You don't even fucking fight beee, they just inflict damage if you get too close, then you either run away or just take it. You don't fucking dodge or anything.
>i asked you whats a open world thats filled out better ?
I already gave numerous examples, learn to read.
>botw fetch quests arent as tedious
Fetch quests are fetch quests, they're trash.
>what quest type isnt a go here collect this or kill that? give an example.
I already did, autist.

Kill yourself you braindead drone, learn to read or fuck off. If your next reply is as stupid as the one you just made I'm not going to bother replying or reading, since you don't even bother reading my posts and using your tiny brain before responding.

Yes, every second of it.
Even more the second time with all the DLC.
But goddam i hope they change the boss design to something more memorable than just ganon blights.

Attached: 49803765_117052802690424_3343491676039161385_n.jpg (480x480, 28K)

You're not quoting my post. My list is right here: These are all activities that you'll be doing constantly in a hundred hour playthrough easily. The stuff you admitted was "good content" (like the dark forest, Eventide, Lomei labyrinths, etc.) when you quoted that other poster are specifically categorized as shrine quests, and there are 40 of those in the game. If you're not doing those, you're doing the puzzle shrines themselves, 60 of which are unique if you don't count blessing and combat shrines. When you're not doing those, you're fighting enemies which are everywhere on the map. If you're not fighting enemies, you're completing the divine beasts or doing sidequests. And again, even just navigating the overworld can be a challenge, especially when you're just starting a new file.

That's way more than 20 hours of content.

fallout vaults are basically botw town equivilants, i mean towns have multiple quests just no one dungeon, though 4 have diving beasts. i personally dont care for most fall out lore though it does do the aftermath of events better and the stories for each little area is boosted by it. but in botw that would be irritating. if i come accross a shanty thats been burned down, some raiders diary wouldnt add too much.

>My list is right here
Your list is the same shit, idiot.
>These are all activities that you'll be doing constantly in a hundred hour playthrough easily.
No, no they really aren't unless you spent 10 hours doing absolutely nothing but fucking around with Bokoblins every time you play the game, because I already got done with all of this shit about 40 hours in including the main quest. At that point the open world was basically empty and all that was left to discover are shrines, koroks and shitty sidequests. No sense of wonder anymore, I already know what I'll find so there's no point on exploring.

then fucking say it whats an open world thats filled out better. spare the insults just name the game or games lol.

and give the quest example repeat yourself if nessecary, again spare the insults just explain the quest and why it isnt collect this or kill that.

Learn how to reply properly newfag.

I wouldn't reply to him anyway since he seems to be actually mentally retarded.

because I already got done with all of this shit about 40 hours in including the main quest. At that point the open world was basically empty and all that was left to discover are shrines, koroks and shitty sidequests.

If you did all 40 shrine quests (what you call the "good" content) then you were likely near completion for all 120 shrines unless you used a guide to specifically only find blessing shrines, and those take anywhere between 60-90 hours to fucking FIND, let alone clear. And that's not even counting the dozen of other activities I listed.

You're lying. Also notice how you went from "20 hours" to "40 hours".

The only thing I disliked was there being no post-Ganon content. They could at least make the NPCs talk different or something, especially when the actual fight against Ganon was such a letdown.

same here, the replay value is really lacking once you finish the main quest.

and it's full of lush countryside. Why are you upset there's tons of space to drive in a grand theft auto game again?

Attached: wtr.jpg (3840x2160, 1.84M)

doesn't change the fact that you're retarded either

>because I already got done with all of this shit about 40 hours in including the main quest

40 hours of interesting content already sounds like more than what other games have to offer, although I get the feeling you're downplaying even that number.

Mindless exploration is like 80% of the game. If you don't like then Botw is not for you.

lol god this was funny botw was awesome currently on my 4th playthrough. for those of you that didnt enjoy it, well you know what you can shove and where. and for those of you that did. cant wait for more of the same with added features and areas in botw2, i just hope they directly link the two games so i can go from one to the other in game walking.

>If you did all 40 shrine quests
No, when I did like half of them because I got bored of them because it's the same boring fucking shit every time. Garbage tier writing, a piss easy puzzle, the exact same reward. Not going to bother doing this trash when I could play better games.
>you were likely near completion for all 120 shrines
Not even close. The only good shrines were the environmental ones such as eventide island and the game sadly only had a few.
>And that's not even counting the dozen of other activities I listed.
Yes, I counted that stuff. If I only did shrines I'd fucking quit the game after the main quest.
>Also notice how you went from "20 hours" to "40 hours".
It's 40 hours if I include the main quest, learn to read moron.
>You're lying.
If that helps you coping

I had fun with it but not for the reason I usually do with Zelda games. I am usually drawn to the dungeons but BotW is fun as an open world adventure game. I feel like Zelda keeps pulling both its gameplay and its fans in two wildly different directions and I have no clue how the series will ever combine these two types of games into one and please everyone.

Attached: 1546821710717.png (1280x1280, 980K)

>No, when I did like half of them because I got bored of them because it's the same boring fucking shit every time

Shrine quests are easily the best part of the game and make up the bulk of what you just admitted was good content. Stuff like Into the Vortex, Sign of the Shadow, The Stolen Heirloom, Secret of the Snowy Peaks, The Serpent's Jaw, The Three Giant Brothers, Shrouded Shrine, and Master of the Wind are some of the lesser known ones and they're all really great.

It's funny how you're now saying you haven't even completed all the content, so you're admitting your claim that it's trash after 20 hours is literally made up.

>The only good shrines were the environmental ones such as eventide island and the game sadly only had a few.

The game had 40.

>It's 40 hours if I include the main quest, learn to read moron.

You're a retard. It doesn't take 40 hours to clear the main quest. You can't even get basic facts about this game straight.

add to that, it has weapon durability and fucking trap fuel
Gross.
One of the worst games in the franchise.

Not him, but how the fuck do you know the game "only had a few good shrines" if you didn't even finish them all?

>Shrine quests are easily the best part of the game
No user, they're trash.
>make up the bulk of what you just admitted was good content.
Are you able to read? The good content was what I mentioned here.
What I enjoyed was finding interesting stuff such as the king of the mountain, all of the villages, Ganons horse, all of the fairies and so on. Shrines and so on are filler garbage.
>It's funny how you're now saying you haven't even completed all the content
Yes, I'm not going to waste my time doing piss easy puzzles with the same music, textures and rewards.
>so you're admitting your claim that it's trash after 20 hours is literally made up.
Nope, exploring gets trash after 20 hours but there's still the main questine and that quest where you collect memories which is pretty good.
>The game had 40.
Yes, and barely any of them were good. Eventide island isn't comparable to blowing up a fucking rock to find an empty shrine behind it.
>You're a retard. It doesn't take 40 hours to clear the main quest.
Feel free to greentext the post where I implied that. Because the post you greentexted said that it's 40 hours INCLUDING the main quest you fucking moron. Learn to read.
I completed the good ones (eventide island etc). The others are piss easy puzzles with the same music, textures and reward so it got fucking repetitive after a while and since I didn't need more stamina or hearts anyway there wasn't a single reason for me to do them anyway.

>and it's full of lush countryside
Fucking lol

>no arguments

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_16_2019 5_44_42 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.43M)

>Are you able to read?

Are you? You admitted Eventide, the shadow forest, thunderlands, etc. was good content and those are all shrine quests.

>Yes

Then you literally can't say how much of it was enjoyable because you only did like half of them. Pretty shit bait to be honest, because even if you didn't like the normal puzzle shrines, you didn't even complete all the shrine quests so you can't talk about environmental puzzles either.

>Yes, and barely any of them were good.

Most of them were good, and you didn't even complete them.

>Because the post you greentexted said that it's 40 hours INCLUDING the main quest you fucking moron.

That was a typo on my part because I meant to say the main quest isn't even really 20 hours. Each Divine Beast segment is about an hour of gametime at most, and finding the memories takes roughly about as long. If you condense all the story stuff into its own timeframe, you would get something like 10-15 hours.

Two Years

You can drive in almost none of this. All you can do is drive on the rail or else get constantly clipped by trees. And there is literally nothing to do at all out there. Literally nothing

It's because BOTW was overwhelmingly regarded as one of the greatest games of all time, and there are many people who don't see it that way. If BOTW was reviewed as just a good game, like an 8/10 or 9/10, you wouldn't be seeing these threads. But because it's been declared the best game in the series and one of the greatest of all time, people who don't see the game that way take it as a challenge. They feel the need to point out the game's flaws and reasons why other games do what BOTW did but better. It's just a popularity thing; people don't hate the game itself. They hate that it's overrated.

Attached: breath-of-the-wild-reviews.jpg (800x580, 59K)

>I completed the good ones (eventide island etc). The others are piss easy puzzles with the same music, textures and reward
How would you know that if you didn't fucking do them? An entire third of puzzle shrines aren't even inside the shrine, like Eventide.

i think i did the smart thing and i pretty much 100% the game before i beat ganon. it's true, as soon as you beat him you lose all motivation. i still had a couple side quests but i didn't really feel like finishing them.

>You admitted Eventide, the shadow forest, thunderlands, etc. was good content and those are all shrine quests.
And these are pretty much the only good ones. As I said, blowing up a fucking rock or going behind a waterfall for an empty shrine isn't comparable.
>Most of them were good, and you didn't even complete them.
I completed the good ones, I didn't bother doing the shit ones.
>That was a typo on my part because I meant to say the main quest isn't even really 20 hours.
Not if you take your time. I was basically just done after 40 hours, which is when I completed the main quest. At that point I also had nothing to discover anymore (except filler shit).
>How would you know that if you didn't fucking do them?
I just started looking for the good ones once I realized that the game is getting boring, turns out there aren't any good ones left.
>An entire third of puzzle shrines aren't even inside the shrine, like Eventide.
The inside shrines range from absolute trash (all of the gyrocontrol and fighting ones) to piss easy and uninteresting puzzle. The outside ones have a few good shrines and that's it. The main chunk of interesting stuff to discover in the open world is actually unique content such as the lord of the mountain, the monster vendor and co. If you unironically enjoyed shrines more than the unique content your taste is just absolute trash and you should stop playing video games.
I actually played the game after Ganon but it was much worse and ruined my opinion on the game.

oh this discussion is fucking tiring btw since your standards are so low you actually enjoy shr*nes. Last post before I go to sleep, but you really have to be delusional if you think going exploring to find
>A fairy
>A horsegod
>A monster vendor
>Unique villages
>Good and unique shrines such as eventide island
Even compares to going exploring to find
>A shrine
>another fucking shrine
>a korok
>a fetch quest
>another shrine that has the exact same music reward and textures as the 2 shrines before

Attached: 1563658221271.jpg (368x350, 21K)

>8 villages
In a fuck-off huge map that does not need to be as big as it is with the lack of content in it.
>Over 50 unique environmental shrine quests
There were not more than 50 shrine quests unless you're including DLC.
>Three roaming dragons
Great! Now let me only get one drop from them a day when I need something like 6 or 7 total per dragon. Oh, and as you said they're roaming so that makes going back to find them all the more fun!
>A literal horse god
>Great fairies
Copy & paste
>Kilton's roaming monster shop
Boy! MORE ROAMING! IN THE GIGANTIC MAP! AMAZING! As for his stock, it's not worth the effort of tracking him down.
>Tons of wildlife to hunt or collect for your compendium
I sure love trying to nab a flighty insect or lizard for that compendium before it despawns the second I take out the camera.
>Lynel battles
Za warudo, arrow to head, mash y. Repeat. Why are these so hyped?
>More towns than any previous game in the series
You already said 8 villages, unless you're counting stables as villages?
>Sidequest where you build a town
That was good, the wood requests became annoying at the end.
>Pondo's lodge
Other Zelda games had better mini-games with worthwhile rewards.
>Shiekah labs
I love travelling to the edge of the fucking map to buy some ancient arrows!
>The three labyrinths
You already mentioned shrine quests.
>Lord of the Mountain
Nice feature.
>Lost memories
Dumping the story into the memories spread out all over the map really helped keep BotW compact and cohesive, right? No. Even the flow of the memories once they've all been recovered feels disjointed aside from Spring of Power onwards.
>Lover's pond
Good.
>Evil cursed statue
Is fucking nothing.
>Shadow forest
You already mentioned shrine quests
>Hidden Gerudo shop
The Voe store? Seriously? If you want to argue the listening mechanic was wasted, then yes I'd agree.
>Eventide
>Thunderlands
You guessed it, you already mentioned shrine quests.
>Snowball bowling
Deja vu. No more space.

Attached: 1559367238818.jpg (730x1024, 147K)

uh no you can drive on all of it

Yes, 5mph weaving through trees and there is literally nothing out there

>As I said, blowing up a fucking rock or going behind a waterfall for an empty shrine isn't comparable.

Well of course those aren't comparable you retard, they're not even shrine quests. Again, look into stuff like The Stolen Heirloom, Secret of the Snowy Peaks, The Serpent's Jaw, The Three Giant Brothers or Master of the Wind for some environmental puzzle solving or survival antics that exemplify the typical shrine quest. This shit literally has its own list in the game so there's no excuse for you being this dumb.

>I completed the good ones, I didn't bother doing the shit ones.

You have no way of knowing which ones were shit. You repeating "I had nothing left to explore after 40 hours" is instantly invalidated when you didn't even complete all the environmental puzzles.

>Not if you take your time

Even if you take your time. Unless you spent an hour in the Divine Beasts like a moron, you'd be doing a combination of main quest stuff and side stuff. If you spent 40 hours total on the game, the vast majority of it would have been side stuff.

So you spent 30 hours on the "good" side content and you didn't even do all of that.

also that's right by the hunting minigame not to mention all the online stuff and just the fact that it's a sandbox game lol

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_23_2019 1_17_26 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.71M)

>umm sweaty that's just my opinion and if you disagree then you're delusional

lol cope

>literally nothing in this literal area of the map

Attached: e31.png (600x624, 342K)

>SHRINES BAD
>BOTW CONTENT IS NOT ACTUAL CONTENT
Every time. Every thread. Called it at the start but here we are

>The only thing I disliked was there being no post-Ganon content
Is this your first Zelda game?

>it's true, as soon as you beat him you lose all motivation
That's not surprising given how hard it is to find motivation to even farm materials for the Wild upgrades before going to fight, I don't know how anyone would bother going korok hunting.

>still mad other people don't like botw
baka 2yrs

>Try passing off the same content twice as two different things
>Get called on it
>Strawman detractors
Why do you feel such a strong need to defend BotW?

>Please please PLEASE completete the garbage side quests
I'll pass
Most shrines are bad, even the most uninteresting unique content such as finding Ganons horse shits on 80% of the shrines. The game is made by moments like seeing a dragon for the first time, not putting a big sphere into a hole for a spirit orb.

THREE YEARS

Attached: 1535969122500.jpg (700x913, 111K)

Not really. It's the only Zelda game I dropped before finishing it. I only did 2 divine beast before getting bored out of my mind and dropping it.
Don't understand the praise at all.

But hey I enjoy the porn it's given us.

Attached: 1560896790188.png (642x899, 1.26M)

>I'll pass

I'm not asking you to do anything though. You're literally trying to put a percentage on content you haven't even done, so your retardation mostly speaks for itself.

>still mad other people don't like botw

Still absolutely traumatised because Nintendo made one of the best video games of all time. Again.

Why can't you cope after all these years?

Attached: BestGameEver.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

Tied with OoT and MM for my favorite Zelda. God I would love to go on a real adventure like that. Just exploring the vast wilderness, setting my own landmarks, finding strange characters and compelling areas.

The only shrines that are truly bad are the test of strength shrines. Otherwise shrines range from neat diversions to awesome surprise challenges like the Evertide Island quest among others.

>Still absolutely traumatised because Nintendo made one of the best video games of all time
Why would I be? I like it when Nintendo makes great games. BotW just wasn't the perfect game it was hyped up to be.

Literally an absolute masterclass in game design. Anyone who tries to deny this is a complete immature pleb child.

Attached: 1537187977207.png (900x506, 683K)

They're all the same shitty puzzles.
They range from copy&pasted shit (literally every inside dungeon), to good content like eventide island, yes.

>it's ok when rockstar does it

Attached: Npeesee.jpg (324x362, 21K)

The only copy pasted shit here is your arguments, like every BOTW thread. Don't even reply to me fag you'll never recover

The 60 puzzle ones are mixed bag but I'd say around half of them are cleverly designed. The 40 shrine quest ones are fucking amazing. The 20 combat ones are shit.

Statistically, a healthy majority of shrines are good.

>It's not copy&pasted!
>Same music
>Same textures
>Same reward
>Even the monks all have the same text

Nothing besides the aesthetic is copypasted in shrines. Only the combat shrines are truly copypasted, and those make up only a sixth of total shrines.

I'm not a blind consumerist sheep who buys a game because it was rated highly by people who were paid to ignore their own judgements and give it a high rating.

also you're still mad that people don't like botw.

Attached: gotojail.jpg (1200x1200, 97K)

Why are some people so adamant at defending BOTW, I mean we can all agree in saying we all just want a better game so why is every criticism dismissed as bring butthurt?

oot and mm are a million times better

But the actual content differs and a good chunk of shrines usually offer cool puzzles that make good use of the game's physics even if they're never super hard to figure out. I'm sorry if your brainlet ass can't appreciate something unless it's labeled with FOREST FIRE WATER themes but your opinion isn't law.

>Did you enjoy this game?
Not really.
First 10 hours were amazing, I was baited thinking it's gonna be the greatest LoZ game ever made.
It failed so hard with worst content in LoZ series history:
>worst dungeons in the series
>worst OST in the series
>worst plot in the series
>worst puzzles and items in the series
>atrocious performance (Wii U version)
>cutted unique double-screen gameplay features
>cancer paid DLC
Not to mention terrible empty openworld. I can't blame shitchtards, they never played Xenoblade X - actual beautiful openworld game with FUCKTON of good content - and have nothing to compare with BotW.

Attached: Naboris Walk.webm (1920x1080, 2.88M)

its just a worse Shadow of the Colossus

Most of the criticisms in this thread aren't even remotely as in good faith as you're making them sound.

I felt the same way about Skyrim. Never got the appeal at all.

Aesthetic is more than enough since the shrines don't even have their own lore or anything. They might aswell be a fucking minigame you can play on your shiekah tablet, they don't have to do anything with the environment you find them in anyway.
>Put ball in hole
>Same music playing in the background
>Dame textures I've seen a 100 times
>Same monk giving me the same reward
Yes, very interesting and challenging. Truly a great discovery. I wonder what I'll discover the next time I'll go exploring.. oh wait I think I already know, it's the exact same shit but this time I don't put ball in hole but box on box.

Just because you don't like it doesnt mean it's not valid.
Stuff like shrines being copy pasted and the open world being empty seem like fair points to me

Those are two of the least valid complaints of all. BotW has flaws, but shrines are only "copypasted" in ways that don't matter to the actual gameplay content and the overworld is filled with all kinds of stuff.

>also you're still mad that people don't like botw.

that metacritic deliberately deleted negative reviews of BotW to artificially increase it's user score should really spell out the lengths that Nintendo went through to try to cover their asses on this game. They knew it was shit. They knew it would get demolished by reviewers. They knew they would lose face and have zero forward momentum for the Switch. So they just threw money at the problem to make it go away.

Attached: yes goyim buy our shit.png (658x820, 140K)

Skyrim can at least be explained as a power fantasy sandbox.

Why even continue to argue? This was a shitpost thread from the start. All these faggots can do is present their personal feelings and then when that's not accepted they act like you're rejecting some grand objective argument. See

Why are you still mad at 97?

I bought the game day 1, and didn't like it. Then a few months later I tried it again and didn't like it. Then I got it on Switch and tried it again, didn't like it.

A few months ago I tried it and fell in love, dumped a hundred hours into it.

Attached: 2556829524_51e3765905_b.jpg (1024x768, 511K)

it's because the game got review bombed with loads of 0 scores from contrarians like you, many of which never touched it

>Aesthetic is more than enough since the shrines don't even have their own lore or anything.
They're test chambers made by the ancient Sheikah, you nimrod. The excitement is finding them and then figuring out the puzzle within, kind of like the tiny holes in other Zelda games.

Please do not summon the botw posters

>kind of like the tiny holes in other Zelda games.
Oh no no user don't point out something that's not from Ocarina of Time the shitposters might have a stroke

>BotW has flaws, but shrines are only "copypasted" in ways that don't matter to the actual gameplay content
The actual gameplay content? Fighting ancient guardian 1/2/3 for the umpteenth time doesn't matter as a gameplay consideration?
>and the overworld is filled with all kinds of stuff.
Here we go in circles again. The overworld is a fuck off expanse of nothing with some points of interest scattered about.

>but shrines are only "copypasted" in ways that don't matter to the actual gameplay content
If it's just gameplay why not remove music and aesthetic entirely? Doesn't matter bro, just slap some fucking piss easy puzzles into the open world and call it interesting content. Unique rewards so I actually have a motivation to complete the shrines? Fuck that, fuck sense of wonder, just give me a soulless (piss easy) puzzle.
>They're test chambers made by the ancient Sheikah, you nimrod
Amazing excuse to shit a bunch of unoriginal puzzles into the world, but that doesn't make it interesting.
>The excitement is finding them and then figuring out the puzzle within
>Getting excited over a fucking piss easy puzzle with the same reward that gets fucking worthless after you completed like half of the shrines anyway
You are fucked in the head.

so what? the game was also review bombed with loads of empty 10 scores, many of which often said they were voting a 10 explicitly to balance out a 0 they'd seen.

remove the 0's, leave the 10's. This isn't moderation. This is propaganda.

>I dont think this game is that great for these reasons
>starts listing and explaining reasons
>"NONONO IT'S A SHIPOST THREAD STOP SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT MUH FAVORITE GAME REEEEEEEE"
why are you so fucking mad to the point where you enter a thread about something you dont like just to let your autism go wild?

>you're still mad that people don't like botw.

lmao you really wish, don't you? Honestly I never tire of watching you cry. Its endlessly rewarding.

Every day you have to wake up in world where BotW is considered one of the greatest games of all time and there's nothing you can but seethe.

What does it feel like knowing you've wasted three years of your life?

Attached: 1563448946236.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

I’m not a BOTW fan but if I remember correctly there was a bunch of 0 score reviews from Mexicans who posted shit like “jajajajaja PS4 es el rey!!!”

Yeah sorry, you guys bombed it with zeros first. Cry harder faggot

"""""reasons""""""
Most detractors do not understand exploration and discovery for the sake of it. WAAAHHH WHY ISN'T EVERY SHRINE A UNIQUELY THEMED EYE CANDY CARNIVAL BOO HOO WHY DOESN'T EVERY SHRINE GIFT ME WITH SOME GAME BREAKING ITEM THAT SATISFIES MY MMO STREAK

get a fucking grip

>Fighting ancient guardian 1/2/3 for the umpteenth time doesn't matter as a gameplay consideration?
Oh yes, the 20 combat shrines compared to the 100 non-combat ones which are all completely different. Totally dropped.

>The overworld is a fuck off expanse of nothing with some points of interest scattered about.
With the exception of Hebra and the desert, pretty much every region spaces out its content (enemies, chests, puzzles, wildlife, etc.) pretty densely. Faron in particular is so dense that it's almost claustrophobia-inducing.

I love Kass!

Attached: My husband.jpg (2978x2978, 2.76M)

this retarded shit exists on both sides, which immediately invalidates deleting the negative reviews.

Attached: MUH MEXICANS N CONSOLE WARRIORS.png (1342x704, 53K)

>exploration and discovery for the sake of it.
So pointlessly roaming around? You guys are fucking stupid

Reminder that here's a list of everything you can do in Hebra, one of the emptiest and smallest regions in the entire game:

>an environmental puzzle/riddle on Talonto peak that requires you to view a bird-shaped terrain formation from a certain angle to take the appropriate path to reach the shrine
>a stable with its own Stalhorse sidequest
>two environmental puzzles that require you to roll snowballs down the correct path to open a large door
>Pondo's lodge and associated snowball-rolling minigame
>Selmie's house and associated shield-surfing minigame
>leviathan skeleton needed for a larger sidequest
>the North Lomei Labyrinth
>another environmental puzzle where you have to find a way to safely navigate through a mostly submerged cave entrance (meaning no cryonis) without freezing in the ice cold water (the intended solution seems to be riding a log, but you can cheese your way through with enough health)
>a large wall of ice that requires heat items to melt to successfully reach the shrine
>a Lynel challenge in the north

And that's just in addition to the 10+ other shrines that don't require any puzzles or items to reach but might still be hidden nonetheless. I didn't even mention Koroks.

Attached: p7-716x1024.jpg (716x1024, 78K)

no it doesn’t, it just means that all shit reviews should be deleted

>Most detractors do not understand exploration and discovery for the sake of it
It's just exploration. There's no discovery, you already know what you'll find before the exploration even begins. Another 5 minute puzzle with this shit youtu.be/4IakZtHzBL8 playing in the background, looking exactly like pic related with some faggot monk telling you the exact same shit all of the other monks already told you, giving you the exact same shit the other monks gave you and then you're done. There is absolutely nothing interesting about it, it's boring as fuck, I'm not going to walk around doing absolutely nothing but finding just another fucking puzzle.

Attached: 1200px-BotW_Kihiro_Moh_Shrine_Interior.png (1200x675, 747K)

Blame Mexicans man. It’s their fault the rating is so bloated

>Oh yes, the 20 combat shrines compared to the 100 non-combat ones which are all completely different. Totally dropped.
Don't forget the blessing shrines either. There was no need for a 120 shrines, and they should have been more generous with the increases in stamina per stamina vessel.

>With the exception of Hebra and the desert, pretty much every region spaces out its content (enemies, chests, puzzles, wildlife, etc.) pretty densely. Faron in particular is so dense that it's almost claustrophobia-inducing.
Ironically, despite my criticism for being too fucking big, the desert is an exception because it has key points visible on the map; is easy to get around and every key point has a reward for visiting it. Wildlife and chests being densely populated does not a good game make. It's a fucking chore to traverse places like Faron, which is rainy or thunder-storms the majority of the time.

What did you expect from a game titled Breath of the Wild? Some corridor loot and shoot experience where progress is measured by ever-increasing stats and numbers? Jesus Christ just accept that maybe this game is not for you and other people enjoy the things that it offers. Can you understand different points of view at all? Can you understand someone liking the side quests or finding those points of interest, or doing the puzzles to uncover the shrines and completing the shrines themselves? Just to goddamn do it and play the game? Do you ever play games for the enjoyment of it you joyless cynical asshat?

No, because you're autistic and you literally can not comprehend a reality where your personal feelings and opinions don't equate to objective truth

Why after two and a half years are people still trying every single day to change the public perception of BotW into a negative one?

I don’t know but as someone who really doesn’t care either way, it’s very amusing

>universal praise
Don't confuse ~10 paid soiboy "game journalists" with majority, and certainly don't be led to believe such retards have a say on anything.

Same people gave Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks 9s and 10s and hardly play games between political rallys

I only bought the game a week or so ago, why am I not allowed to express my disappointment about this supposedly perfect game?

>What did you expect from a game titled Breath of the Wild?
The game does have actual good content like the lord of the mountain, it's just that there isn't much of it. Replacing the shitty indoor shrines which are just soulless fucking puzzles with something unique wouldn't hurt the game you braindead bootlicker.
Why do you think criticising a game is the same as thinking it sucks you absolute moron? I enjoyed the game, doesn't mean it's fucking perfect you idiot.

open your eyes

Attached: MUH MEXICANS N CONSOLE WARRIORS.png (1142x732, 70K)

No, but it's open world. I guess they wouldn't ever sacrifice their formula for the sake of more content.

>ITS 100/10 MASTERPIECE FLAWLESS GIFT DELIVERED BY GOD
>nah its ok but not THAT great, about a 7/10
>NOOO WHY ARE YOU SHITTING ON THIS AND TRYIN TO SHIFT THE NARRATIVE TO NEGATIVE!!!!

>Replacing the shitty indoor shrines which are just soulless fucking puzzles with something unique
You're acting like anybody alive, including me, wouldn't trade the shrines for full dungeons or at least mini dungeons that were better integrated into BOTW's overworld. However, dev resources and dev time are limited and if you were hoping to find an equivalent to Turtle Rock around every corner then you have only yourself to blame. Yes the formula can be improved to include more seamless dungeon types but all we can hope for is that the sequel is an actual improvement rather than a fuckup

>Opinion vs opinion
>people have opinions about those opinions
Wow!!!! Thank you for opening my eyes but, just between us, I don’t care about this game’s score

>Don't forget the blessing shrines either.
Nigger, those are the best ones. There should have been even more shrines that have you solving the puzzle in an outdoors environment.

>Wildlife and chests being densely populated does not a good game make.
Not just wildlife and chests, and density is always a good thing to strive for unless you go too far with it (like in Faron, I'll admit).

>It's a fucking chore to traverse places like Faron, which is rainy or thunder-storms the majority of the time.
That's exactly why Faron is so enjoyable though. Enemies are packing lightning arrows everywhere which makes the rain feel legitimately dangerous, you have to follow these fucking snake statues just to get through the jungle and in the cliff areas you have alternate paths for traversal in case it rains (like the waterfall swim). It's such a well-designed part of the map, I just wish they had spaced things out a little more.

2 years man. move on.

Attached: index.jpg (212x238, 4K)

>There's no discovery, you already know what you'll find before the exploration even begins

What absolute nonsense. Stop talking shit.

After spending the first few hours of the game on the Great Plateau (probably the best tutorial area in any game ever) here's what I did:

Found the 2nd tower
Climbed the Duelling Peaks and completed the shrines there.
Encountered my first fully functioning Guardian.
Found Kakario and Hateno Villages, each with their own unique culture, lore and side quests to spend hours in.
Caught and tamed a horse and found my first stable
Fought a Dragon on a mountaintop
Travelled to an Island which became an amazing survival challenge all on it's own.
Fighting 3 giant ogre brothers
Ran a gauntlet of enemy camps on the way to Zora City
Zora City itself
A pant-shitting stealth mission on a mountain top to collect arrows from a centaur monster
Using those arrows in a one-on-one battle with a giant mechanical beast in a lake while riding on the back of a merman
Conquering inside of the mechanical beast and subsequent boss battle

While all this is going on I'm constantly engaged with the world around me: weather and climate forces me to adapt to how I travel. The topography and verticality makes getting to destinations fun and engaging. I'm finding subterranean shrines with their own unique challenges and obstacle courses, I'm finding various types of korok puzzles, I'm stumbling into boss battles with huge Rock Monsters, Ogres, Centuars and Skeletal Giants, I'm finding myself ambushed on the road by assassins disguised as NPCs, I'm racing against time to catch falling stars before the sun rises, I'm battling enemy camps, saving local NPCs from danger, and fending off bears and wolves.

All of this happened to me in ONE FUCKING CORNER OF THE MAP.

Seething shitters are so desperate to hate this game they literally have to make up LIES to convince themselves the game is bad.

Attached: 1536670738105.png (1000x563, 788K)

I don't get why people argue with BotW overraters, the greatest testament to how overrated BotW is will be when BotW2 comes out and is a better game in every way.

Attached: asdd.png (430x429, 212K)

>You're acting like anybody alive, including me, wouldn't trade the shrines for full dungeons or at least mini dungeons that were better integrated into BOTW's overworld.
There are people in this very thread who think shrines aren't flawed and couldn't have been better.
>all we can hope for is that the sequel is an actual improvement rather than a fuckup
That's what I hope too and I'm pretty optimistic about it. So what's the problem?

The game is 8.5/10. Amazing game but with flaws. Dungeons would rise it to 9.5/10 and more enemy variety would do it to 10.

BOTW2 could be the best game ever created and it would still get 5x the shit BOTW1 did because contrarianism has already set in and now people are eager to hate anything remotely related to BOTW.

>Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, etc. have been making open world games for a decade or even longer
>genre is stagnating
>Nintendo shows up
>having no background in AAA 3D open world development, they decide on a whim "Here, let me try that"
>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever made on their very first attempt using a fucking toaster.

This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1538802026609.jpg (640x640, 126K)

You misunderstand my post.

Cope

>he thinks lord of the mountain is good content

Nigga it's just a shiny mount that you can't even keep. I had more fun doing the puzzles.

>no its perfect!
You must 18 years old to post on Yea Forums btw

>Nigger, those are the best ones
They were a waste of time, just give me a chest with the orb or whatever instead of making me endure two loading screens and the same repeated bullshit.

>Not just wildlife and chests
There isn't anything else densely packed.

Attached: 1560483391162.jpg (2125x1863, 1.75M)

Shrines are flawed, just not in the way you're making them out to be. The only copypasted ones are combat shrines.

Kill yourself, a shitty soulless shrine will never ever be even remotely as good as unique content like the lord of the mountain. BotW isn't the game for you, open world games aren't for you, just go play fucking puzzle games.

I'm 31 years old.

You are right. The best moments in breath of the wild are the first steps and discovering the world. Actually if you think about it the best moment for each person is the area of their first divine beaste conquered. Later the game becomes worse but NEVER bad.

>Same music
>Same textures
>Same reward
>Same lore
>Same faggot monk saying the same 2 lines of text
>Not copy&pasted

Have you considered that the majority of people who dislike BotW do it because there is much, much, much, much, much more room for improvement than what's there, they don't really enjoy what is done well either, which is why the game isn't 10/10?

Attached: Untitled.png (784x735, 386K)

I mean, I kinda preferred fighting shit over solving basic puzzles.

at least I didn't have to pay for it

Attached: muhgirl.jpg (1037x917, 183K)

ugh I bet you're just too stupid for masterfully designed high IQ puzzles such as put ball in hole or put box on box

>There isn't anything else densely packed.
Nonsense. Taken together, shrines, chests, enemies, animals, korok puzzles, sidequests and other resources are extremely dense. Chests are actually one of the less common things to find on the map in comparison to enemies and koroks, although there are quite a bit of them.

>a mountain of valid criticisms from thousands of people for years
"Nah, they're just contrarians."

Attached: seriously nigger.jpg (340x565, 84K)

As ususal, shitters have to pretend that regular conventions and tropes which exist in every fucking video game ever made are now somehow GAME BREAKING FAULTS in BotW.

>the-the game reuses assets!
>the-the game gets boring after 100 hours!
>the-game lets me pause to heal!
>the-the game easier once you master the combat and build up your stats, weapons and armour!
>it-its shit!

Three years of this desperation.

Or "take picture of right robot so girl stops pleasuring herself with orb". Or " use metal to electricity". They could've had actual mechanics around resistance, amperage, etc but no you can just lay a fucking Sword between two nodes and it works.

>valid criticisms

Fucking kek. In more than two years I haven't seen a single convincing argument againt BotW. NOT ONE.

See

>Taken together, shrines, chests, enemies, animals, korok puzzles, sidequests and other resources are extremely dense
I'm getting tired of this shit. Rank your favourite Zelda games, and your favourite open world games. How many hours have you spent in MMOs? I want to know what sort of person you are that thinks filler content is somehow a plus.

botw with 5x more shit does not make the best game ever created. it makes one of the lamest games ever created, with 5x more shit.

it seems awfully unreasonable to assume a direct sequel in the same world is going to have substantially different gameplay. Its hard to imagine what else they even could do.

Honestly what are they going to do.
Suddenly there are dungeon entrances?
Suddenly there are dungeons where there weren't before?
Suddenly there are 120 more shrines?
Suddenly its not about the retarded runes but you get dungeon equipment items instead?

What the fuck could botw2 honestly even do.
have you even considered.

>Point out that shrines are boring and copy&pasted
>SHITTER 3 YEARS LET ME JUST GREENTEXT SOME STRAWMAN ARGUMENTS
Get a job, have sex.

Majora's Mask is better.

Attached: asdfafg.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

>Or "take picture of right robot so girl stops pleasuring herself with orb
This was one of the last ones that I had to do and it pissed me off that I had to go far away from my current location instead of being able to show the pictures from my compendium that I had taken halfway through the game.

The mob variety is lackluster

>Honestly what are they going to do.
Actual dungeons, better combat, more interesting content in the open world, more than 5 weapon types.

>he thinks shrines (the main puzzle-solving content in the game), enemies (the main combat content in the game), chests and animal hunting (the main way to gather resources in the game) are filler
I don't think you even know what that word means.

I legitimately couldn't figure out what to do at first because she doesn't say anything about what she wants. She's just drooling over this fucking orb and how ancient it is, so I went back with a full set of ancient armor and only then did she offhandedly mention the guardians.

>The mob variety is lackluster

?

>currently playing Spider-Man on PS4 (another modern open-world game running on high-end hardware)
>EVERY fucking goon in the game is exactly the same
>there's ZERO variety
>BotW has tons of variety in comparison

but 97. but best selling zelda ever. its a direct sequel that has so far been shown to occur in the same exact world as botw.

nintendo has no reason to assume people want a different experience. muh 97. muh best game. muh goty. muh best selling. they're making a direct sequel cause they're cashing in on the idea that the first game was adored. they're not gonna risk changing the formula.

A narrative with actual substance, like Majora's Mask.
Meaningful and realistic themes, like Majora's Mask.
Relatable, likable, memorable, and multidimensional characters, like Majora's Mask.
Creative and interesting game design, like Majora's Mask.
Experimental mechanics, features, ideas, etc. like Majora's Mask.
Creating an experience only possible through vidya, like Majora's Mask.
Be a better game than Majora's Mask.

Attached: D91jtWAU4AEIrfU orig.jpg (1536x2048, 163K)

>shrines (the main puzzle-solving content in the game),
Of which you have already conceded that about 20 are redundant.
>enemies (the main combat content in the game),
Do you really want to try and wave away one of the major complaints about combat? Fighting mobs aren't fun, people use stealth to avoid the combat so yes, annoying mobs of enemy sponges is filler
>chests and animal hunting (the main way to gather resources in the game)
Filler.

Answer the question, rank your Zelda and open world games; and on top of that what was your first Zelda game.

Comparing BOTW to Spider-Man doesn’t change anything

I don't mind people criticising the game but when we've had the same fucking vague thread OP for the past two years the jannys need to start doing their job

Attached: 1545604707321.jpg (500x375, 25K)

I've replayed this game a total of 4 times all on master mode and did all 120 shrines each time + completed the DLC, main motivation for replaying was shit you can only do once/can't do once you're at the endgame like the blight gauntlet at the castle/full hp calamity ganon and the divine beast boarding attacks and their respective cutscenes. It does get somewhat tedious towards the end since you become strong enough to where you don't need to worry about weapons and food nearly as much as in the beginning so there's not much micromanaging to keep you occupied. Early game/eventide island is where the game shines the brightest, don't feel shame if you use a shrine location guide since it's the only way to get them all without wandering as fuck for 6 hours to get to the most obscure ones. The empty world is tolerable because it goes with the general atmosphere the game presents as well as the freedom the player is given but the story does suffer greatly, however these are things that will surely be amended in some way in the sequel as the developers have more creative freedom now that the first title was a success

based kassposter

>Comparing BOTW to Spider-Man doesn’t change anything

Crying about trivial nonsense isn't going to stop BotW being a masterpiece either.

You forgot worst world like Majora's mask ando worst music like Majora's mask.(It's still good)

Just finished it.
Game's fine. The world becomes a drag to explore 30 hours in and the side and shrine quests bored me even earlier.
Top notch presentation and sound, great characters and voice acting, fun and distinct main locations and decent combat.
Shield breaking discourages you from using one of the most fun ways of travelling in the game, and weapon braking itself is retarded to begin with.
The magic of exploring the game is really strong at the start, but then it ends up vanishing and never coming back (except with the Lost Woods section, that gave me chills).
I liked most of what I've played, but I wouldn't be able to say that I want to do 12 gimmicky quests to get a bike or replay the game again but harder.
Still, was pretty fun. I'd give it a 7/10, it's a flawed open world game that presents a neat sandbox with great physics and runes to play with, but lacks something to keep me hooked.
Might try other Zelda games after this one as well, the base lore and characters are pretty nice.

We've had this thread every day for two years now. Are these threads made by the same guy who makes the daily Bloodborne shilling threads?

it's lackluster compared to zelda games.

What BOTW praisers seem to misunderstand is that a lot of hate for BotW comes from Zelda fans. People who've been playing the games over the years. BotW is a fucking terrible Zelda game, which kind of implies it's a pretty bad game outright since Zelda games are usually the most grand and broad action adventure games Nintendo even makes. Zelda defines the genre outright. That it's a bad Zelda game also makes it a bad game in the genre.

Attached: muh enemy diversity.png (742x662, 121K)

The poster asked what BotW 2 could do better than BotW 1, it'd be kind of silly to say that. Especially considering it's false, though I will admit MM has the least "catchy" OST of the series.

Attached: DrY6XN2UwAAwf35.jpg orig.jpg (1200x1600, 167K)

2 YEARS

Majora's mask took place in the alternate reality of Termina. It was a completely new world.

You're not getting a completely new world with BotW2. BotW2 is probably more like a Second Quest, or OoT's Master Quest.

>Of which you have already conceded that about 20 are redundant.
I'm not defending the 20 combat shrines, but the other 100 don't suddenly not count because those 20 exist.

>Do you really want to try and wave away one of the major complaints about combat?
"Major complaints" don't appear to add up to much when the combat itself has been received very well by the vast majority of people who actually played the game. Combat is not filler, you fucking mong.

>Answer the question, rank your Zelda and open world games; and on top of that what was your first Zelda game.
I don't really enjoy most open world games, so my ranking for those wouldn't be very much to start with.

I'll gladly rank my top Zelda games though:

1. MM
2. BotW
3. LA
4. ALttP
5. LoZ

ALttP was my first Zelda game.

I liked it except for the durability system that seemed to reward avoiding weaker enemies and not exploring or fighting as much as you'd want to.
It was a good first attempt, I think they'll improve it a lot if they try the formula a second time.

Also, as a personal thing, I would have much preferred if they dropped the long cutscences. The game was a lot more interesting when you were exploring an empty world and piecing together it's past based on things lying around. The battlefield full of guardians was cool - and then they ruined it with a giant flashback. Just let people guess, it's fine.

>What BOTW praisers seem to misunderstand is that a lot of hate for BotW comes from Zelda fans. People who've been playing the games over the years.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. As an old-school Zelda fan, I can honestly say that BotW is the Zelda game I always wanted: a fully-realised world of Hyrule for me to go off adventurin and exploring in. Nintendo delivered the promise they made me back in 1986. Its like they made a game just for me.

>BotW is a fucking terrible Zelda game
BotW is one of the most 'Zelda' Zelda games ever made.

Attached: Duj30PhXgAAJN1E.jpg (659x680, 115K)

>What BOTW praisers seem to misunderstand is that a lot of hate for BotW comes from Zelda fans.
Did you steal this from an MH thread?

you're delusional my man. you're also stupid.

Just cause link rides a raft in BotW does not equate it to the same experience depicted much less intended by the first Zelda.
Where do you think Link is riding his raft to, btw?
A dungeon.
where are you riding your raft to in BotW?
Fucking nowhere.

>A lot of hate of BotW come from Zelda fans.
Wrong.

Kek tell me all about those amazing dungeons in NES Zelda. Was it the one where you pushed a block to open a door? Mine too.

Attached: 1560600878942.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

I like the game and still criticize it. Underage corporate drones however have to go into console war mindset whenever someone says anything negative about Nintendo.

Everyone knows that the lack of dungeons hurts. But it's a Zelda game and it feels like Zelda.

>What BOTW praisers seem to misunderstand is that a lot of hate for BotW comes from Zelda fans
No, most of the hate comes from OoT nostalgiashitters who can't let go of their outdated formula. I'm older than those faggots, have been playing Zelda longer than those faggots, and have played more Zelda GAMES than those faggots and I love BotW.

>old-school Zelda book literally describes BotW perfectly to a tee.

>BotW isn't a real Zelda game!

You must live a scary world of confusion every day

I never say something about console wars tho.

>BotW is one of the most 'Zelda' Zelda games ever made.
This. It's the only one that understands what made the first game in the series so enjoyable: the fucking exploration. NOT the 5 minute long combat "dungeons".

>I like the game and still criticize it
Yeah no, you've been shitposting about the game nonstop for two years now. In fact you're the sole reason why we still even have botw threads.

Imagine being OP and constantly butthurt over Botw. Has any game made Yea Forums so mad before.

Keep telling that to yourself if it makes you happy

Have you actually played the original zelda? It and BotW are almost nothing alike in execution.

Zelda 2 > 1 anyway tho

Attached: DoViD5mVAAE2kL1_orig.jpg (1500x2000, 282K)

I've likely been playing it for longer than you have. The most enjoyable part of LoZ that still stands the test of time is the overworld. The part that inarguably aged the worst is the "dungeons", excusable only because it was their first attempt.

a zelda game that feels like zelda, is not botw.
a zelda game that feels like zelda is exclusively every other zelda game, besides botw.
botw has as much in common with the franchise's design theme as link's crossbow training.

a zelda game that feels like zelda, has no:
>health bars
>degrading equipment
>lack of dungeons
>lack of special dungeon equipment
>lack of magical items and magic
>lack of mystical instruments
>helpless animal slaughter farming for health restoring items

The only similarities between BotW and any zelda game, much less just the first one, are in name only and facetious elements. Character Names. "The Legend of Zelda" on the box art. Iconic items like "The Master Sword" and "The Hylian Shield". Races. Skin-deep elements that anyone could have gleemed from reading a goddamn review and seeing some pictures of any prior game. There's no "Zelda" game design there.

There aren't even difficult enemies inside the beasts of BotW. And at least the dungeons in LoZ had different color schemes, meanwhile every damn shrine in BotW shares a single theme -- and absolutely for no reason. The assets aren't stored in memory, meaning there are always huge load times between entering and leaving a shrine. Why even. Why fucking even make them all out of the same cookie-cutter tileset if it's not to dedicate a small portion of memory to storing that shit indefinitely so there would be no load times. It's lazy, AND it's retarded.

>Have you actually played the original zelda? It and BotW are almost nothing alike in execution.

Oh here we go. Nintendo held a two hour seminar at GDC talking about this very fact. Its plainly obvious to any Zelda fan playing the game its a 30th Anniversary homage to the original.

>N-No! Nintendo are lying!

Attached: 16b421b462ae9308ea302c08d8f6d5a7.jpg (768x927, 96K)

I love both but the fact that everytime you get a Game over you get back to the castle is retarded. Zelda also have items and money. Zelda 2 have better sword combat tho.

It's really not very good
I hope genshin impact can take the forulma and do something better with it

Don't you ever feel fucking ashamed about how obnoxiously stupid you are?

Attached: nintendrones will defend this.png (701x483, 14K)

Botw hate doesn't come from Sony fags, it's a split in the Nintendo community
Sony fags would rather shit post oddessy.

>a zelda game that feels like zelda, has no:
>>health bars
Every Zelda game
>>degrading equipment
You missed the point of the game
>>lack of dungeons
It has dungeons though
>>lack of special dungeon equipment
Theres tons of armour sets and unique weapons
>>lack of magical items and magic
What are the Champion abilities
>>lack of mystical instruments
Jesus this is desperate
>>helpless animal slaughter farming for health restoring items
Oh my.

>It and BotW are almost nothing alike in execution.
Get dropped in the middle of the world
Figure out where to go (on your own)
Little to no story railroading
Most of your time in the game is spent outside of dungeons
Enemies are fucking everywhere on the map

I'd say it has more similarities with the original game than differences, also there's this thing shitposters keep ignoring where the men themselves flat-out said LoZ was a key source of inspiration for BotW's development

>defending segmented square zones

Played it for a day or two on a weekend all day long, it was fun, then i've left it and never touched it again. It's not bad at all, very fun piece of vidya, it's just not involving. After you finish some bigger questline, you're left on your own and then you either find something else to do or you're feeling bored. Some people need to feel involved more than others, i guess.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 38K)

This is a joke right?

Attached: 1562438637303.jpg (500x644, 81K)

What is supposed to be the point of this image?
You do know that LoZ 1 let's you go almost anywhere, right?

The nintendo community is all too busy jerking it to mario maker right now.

Not everyone is going to like everything. That's all I can really say. I'm not a Zelda fan, but even I found it to be spectacular. Not everyone is going to feel the same way though.

I know BotW is your first Zelda game, but health was restored exclusively by fairies, health potions, or cartoony floating hearts in each and every prior zelda.

Attached: rated C for CHINESE.png (792x579, 607K)

>it's a split in the Nintendo community
It really isn't. It's just from some idiot who's angry about BoTW's success.

This isn't even good bait. Did you make that image? Do better.

Except you can't kill dogs in botw.

spot the zoomer.

Attached: 1492661652628.png (701x483, 18K)

>wolves aren't dogs
>foxes aren't dogs
you can kill wolves and foxes. they die in a single hit. they are not intended to be enemies. they are careless wildlife. they aren't even designed to be scary or offensive looking, they're cute.

why are you so delusional?
don't you know people like you go to hell?

Attached: 1542618524140.png (332x332, 147K)

You only need to say "yes". Faggot.

wolves and foxes are, quite literally, not dogs

Nigga...

>There is someone who hates BotW because you kill animals.
Now thats retarded.

Attached: 1550109434767.jpg (970x360, 86K)

>>wolves aren't dogs
>>foxes aren't dogs
They aren't. But if you're going to say they are then so are Wolfos making your point moot because you have to attack and kill them in the n64 games.

You'll have more fun if you don't play by the rules. Go learn the speedrun strats and proceed to travel at mach-10 everywhere.

by that logic, niggers aren't human.

Attached: blunder of the year.png (534x727, 659K)

Oh boy, another person on Yea Forums who doesn't like BotW, what a hot take, what a daring opinion to have, I'm truly stunned.

I think I lost 20 IQ points just reading this post.

no. nigs are human just like poodles are dogs. monkey is not a human, wolf is not a dog

I enjoyed it quite a lot but not everything is gonna appeal to everyone. Universal praise doesn't mean a whole lot.

wolfos are werewolves. Monsters. They're designed to be scary looking. They put up a challenge and are intended to be enemies.

this is a fox in botw.
it dies in one hit.
it cannot defend itself.

the lengths you retarded ninteniggers go to defend BotW make you look like some of the dumbest humans to ever walk the earth.

Attached: Grassland-fox.jpg (280x280, 16K)

>I hope the sequel stays amazing for more than 20-40 hours.
To be fair, 20-40 hours is longer than it takes to 100% any other zelda game.

>wolfos are werewolves
They are not, they're just bipedal wolves.

Of course the frog poster makes the dumbest post in this thread

>frogposter is an absolute shitbrain
colour me surprised

>this is a fox in botw.
>it dies in one hit.
>it cannot defend itself.
You can kill the fox and chickens in Links Awakening.

Fuck off, PETAnagger

suicide is painless, friend.

Attached: werewolf.png (1118x714, 572K)

I wish you would die in one hit.

That's a werewolf, not a Wolfos.
You're not very good at this are you.

Not even sure what your point is anymore honestly

Are you a vegan?

Not to mention things like crows have been regular enemies in the series.

he's basically saying that literally anything nintendo does needs to be boycotted

You know what's really worth discussing, though? How Kass is the absolute greatest, most beautiful, most perfect, wonderful videogame character of all time. He always puts a smile on my face whenever I think about him, his music puts my soul at peace and he's just so beautiful. He has such gorgeous, golden yellow eyes, and a head made forhead patting. He's tall, handsome, cute, got big arms for hugging, and a precious smile.

I love Kass so much, there is truly nothing better than him in this universe.

Attached: D-kDU_xUcAApL3y_orig-1.jpg (2048x1536, 355K)

Please make a reply to this post to continue your swing-and-miss streak. You're just embarrassing your own self at this point.

Attached: Wolfos-2.png (319x268, 150K)

Says the person who doesn't know the difference between a werewolf and a Wolfos.

you don't eat the animal-monsters in the other games. put down the shovel.

Im glad you ask, cause I did not. The start of the game really conveyed a sense of urgency and momentum to me that was completely lost after the plateau because I found myself being stuck hunting shitty shrines to be able to progress.

I finished the Zora and Goron part before being so utterly bored by the game that its the first Zelda I did not finish. I hope they go back to the temple based approach, or take other steps to make it less tedious.

Also, I get you want me to explore and mess around with the game and physics, but would it kill you to introduce things like shield surfing, etc. IG?

That's just Yea Forums in general.

>the liberal agenda
>when liberals as a rule tend to hate the crossdressing section as being treated like a comedy sketch
>and fucking carnivorism is more of a conservative social construct compared to the vegetarian lifestyle you can still easily achieve in BotW
There are good reasons to dislike the game. Dressing like a girl and carnivorism don't count, and neither does "it's barebones lol, I clearly played the game and didn't experiment with the combat".

Instead you kill them, harvest their heart and maybe pilfer some money too.

>It's just from some idiot who's angry about BoTW's success.
How did you come to that conclusion?

I love how BotW weeds out the most braindead retards from the tortanic crowd.
It's just, I mean I've actually been left stunned from the pure stupidity of some of the things been said.

>a heart is a heart!
>what they were obviously trying to depict in Ocarina of Time was killing a wild helpless dove then carving it's internal organs out so Link could eat it to regain health. It was just a technical limitation!

You truly don't have a soul. You may be one of the only people on the entire planet who believe the lies you tell. It makes you look terrible.

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

Kass is truly the love of my life, he's just so wonderful. I wanna hug him forever

Attached: 463-4635407_fanart-of-kass-from-nintendos-the-legend-of.jpg (820x1119, 342K)

It's fucking terrible at worst. Okay at best.

You kill animals in other zelda games
>pic
Nice projection

And you can also tame them and be-friend them, feed them food and comfort them.
It's literally just up to the player, it's sounding like you're trying to argue that freedom of choice is a bad thing now.
Oh the things you seething faggots will do to continue screeching over this game, I love it.

glad we've fallen into a recursive loop, that'll make this easy.

Have you ever been in these threads?

There is nothing wrong with you. In actuality it's a 7/10 game.

>the world is quantity over quality, forcing them to copypaste tons of trash korok "puzzles" and garbage shrines (especially the combat ones)
>the only real reward for exploration is either korok seeds or orbs, both of which quickly become unrewarding due to the sheer quantity you have to get
>the few shrines with more interesting rewards like armor are sporadically spread out and the challenge of said shrine tied to them is all over the place, meaning you can have a difficult challenge for like 200 rupees (literally nothing) while a piss easy one at some random shrine and get armor
>combat is janky, shallow and painfully mediocre at best
>durability system is horribly implemented and just ends up wanting you to not fight enemies because the weapons you get are trash compared to the ones you get a few hours into the game
>"dungeons" are short and massively underwhelming
>narrative is throwaway
>last boss is a joke
>etc etc etc

This game will never be properly discussed in this board at least for years. Has anyone had a good thread with this game?

Given you have the freedom of choice to continue defending terrible ideas, you might be on to something.

Honestly the best part of the game is the porn,

Attached: __gerudo_link_and_link_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_and_etc_drawn_by_shoutai_7490773__da3d (995x1408, 536K)

This is the dumbest hill to die on, kid. End your life.

lmao what's a terrible idea? player freedom?
you're a fucking loony, m8

He's the epic shill so of course he hates freedom.

Player freedom is killing the other hylians. Why was that freedom overlooked.

Lets keep it straight simple and stick with this single example. Don't want to confuse you with more than one example afterall, else you might think it were a choice.

Wheres the player freedom to kill hylians?

Weapons should have been repairable. Without that, every weapon is like a gun that you can't find ammo for, it's ridiculous

Not really, so I'd appreciate your reasoning for thinking it's one dude even more.

>Player freedom is killing the other hylians.
Oh so killing fauna doesn't count as player freedom? Okay.
How stoned are you right now?

>moves goalpost
Better just stick to posting frogs and wojaks next time

Attached: NETS.jpg (1600x1064, 439K)

my nigger.

I asked you.

wheres the player freedom to kill the NPC's.

and you've instantly turned it into being about killing plants. which i assume you mean chopping down trees.

what logic or reason do you believe you possess? This is rhetorical, and I don't think anyone is actually interested in the answer.
You have no logic or reason. You talk like a chat bot. If you are a real human being, your life is ruined. You talk like an idiot.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-11-21-11h02m51s373.png (512x384, 244K)

>fauna
>plants
oh my god, he's an actual fucking retard

Attached: 1562805564836.png (309x462, 219K)

>and you've instantly turned it into being about killing plants.
Fauna does not mean plants. That's flora, dumbfuck

>"You talk like an idiot."
>thinks that plants are fauna

Attached: 1560736181277.jpg (340x314, 78K)

ah you got me. Guess your fucking retardation rubbed off on me. Time to abandon this shithole of a thread.

All the same, good job failing to actually converse.

>and you've instantly turned it into being about killing plants
That's flora you fucking idiot.

>gets caught out on his own retardation and ragequits the thread
don't let the door hit you on your way out, dumbass

Attached: 1482930571925.gif (256x192, 1.39M)

Good riddance

You wouldn't kill these adorable plants, would you Yea Forums?

Attached: e1cbf2e72631f9ac75086d33a87aa158.jpg (580x739, 72K)

lol bye faggot

user I totally get what you were arguing but since you sperged out and let a simple mistake get the best of you, rather than owning up to it and going back to the central point, you fucked up.

my man

>"wheres the freedom to kill npcs?"
>"um i'm not gonna answer that because that is irrelevant to freedom! you can kill animals thats all the freedom you need!"

nintendies and psychopaths share a common trait in their desire to harm small animals.

Attached: 1449787506893.png (810x807, 87K)

>nintendies and psychopaths share a common trait in their desire to harm small animals.
meanwhile you try to argue that killing other homosapiens is okay.
can't you just TRY to stay consistent?

>you have freedom
>b-b-but can you do LITERALLY ANYTHING HAHAHAHAHA NOT FREEDOM
Pathetic

>NOOOO YOU CAN'T HURT ANIMALS, YOU PSYCHOPATH!
>oh killing other humans is okay :)

Attached: man ray.gif (446x296, 451K)

Yes, probably my favorite game of all time. Played it like crazy for several months.

It's actually underrated, it has a 97 when it should have a 100.

>"DUDE KILLING DOGS FOR MEAT IS FINE IT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN FREEDOM OF CHOICE"
>"dude killing people is wrong and has no place in freedom of choice"

Attached: vO7lRZ7.jpg.png (621x702, 56K)

I really wish Yea Forums culture didn't just become le epic be abrasive as much as possible for the sake of it without any hint of irony.

Do you not get his point?
Since he's a sperg I'll say what he's probably trying to say:
The freedom in BotW is not absolute. It restricts you in a number of ways. So you can't argue that freedom is a universal good in BotW when the game itself doesn't even believe that. If killing "fauna" in BotW is good because it adds more freedom, shouldn't the game also allow you to kill NPCs? There's plenty of open world games that provide you that freedom, and many players desire that freedom (fans of Bethesda games even complain about the increasing prevalence of unkillable NPCs in Fallout and Elder Scrolls).
The answer is probably because Nintendo didn't want Link killing NPCs, and/or could not be bothered to implement the consequences of doing so. That is Nintendo forcing their will upon the game, the exact opposite of freedom.

But you can't kill the dogs in BotW.

His main point is that it's wrong to kill animals but also that games need freedom of choice.
He is just contradicting himself in his own argument, there is no salvaging his case, he's an A-class moron.

it sure is a good thing that you can't harm the dogs in breath of the wild

No, I definitely think his argument is what I just outlined. He's just bad at communicating it.

>There's plenty of open world games that provide you that freedom
Except there isn't, usually to get the kind of freedom you and that user who clearly isn't you want you have to mod the game.

>, I definitely think his argument is what I just outlined
Yeah no it's not. He's laser focused on the animal killing, in other words he's just a sociopath which makes sense since he's been obsessed with shitposting about this game for two years.

I’ve made this mistake. Tbh fauna sounds like a plant thing

>get first 2 divine beast
>put everything into heart containers and got mastersword
>got the ancient armor that requires the robot cores and really want to upgrade it
>remember shit loads are at hyrule castle
>go to the castle to farm for robot parts and got the hyrulian shield
>"I WONDER WHAT GANONS UP TO"
>get closer to the center and a cutscene plays
>realize I started the Ganon encounter early by accident when I only came here for upgrades
>decide to kick his fucking ass anyway
>succeeded
>got a shitty ending with Zelda saying, "lol I bet you don't remember anything faggot"
>beat the final divine beast, got all memories, did shit loads of temples, etc.
>beat Ganon again and got the "true" cutscene

I admit it was fun as fuck fighting Ganon early. I recommend most people to try and fight Ganon early.

No it doesn't especially if you know that flora is a word.

I really enjoy it, but the last Zelda games I played was OoT and MM so that is what I am comparing it to. Maybe BOTW isnt in your taste, it is rather different. I see it as OoT 2, which makes the announced sequel a potential MM2 and MM is the superior of the two so my hopes are high.

>fauna sounds like a plant thing
A fawn is literally a baby deer you retard.

Okay but I’m just saying that “fauna”, when you say it out loud, sounds like a plant thing. Try it. Stretch it out real slow. See?? I’m right

Okay you know words, everybody clap. Virgins, I swear to god ...

Oh no, I am just at the Rito area and I hoped the Gorons were the worst section.

There's plenty of games that let you kill NPCs. Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Saints Row, Deus Ex, Gothic, Soulsborne, etc. Games that let you kill absolutely everyone are much rarer. Ultima VII and Morrowind come to mind. Fallout New Vegas lets you kill almost everyone but Yes Man has to live so the game doesn't become unwinnable.

>want

You're missing the point. Killing NPCs is just an example to highlight the fact that BotW does not provide absolute freedom. The freedom in BotW is contextual. Nintendo deliberately did not let the player do certain things. Games in general are defined by their restrictions, their rules. The strictness of those rules vary wildly, but they always exist, otherwise there's no game. Absolute freedom in games is not possible or desirable, therefore freedom is not a universal good and instead depends upon the context in which it is implemented.

You're being willfully disingenuous. Re-read his reply chain if you don't get it. Believe it or not you're allowed to do that on Yea Forums.

It's really boring to run around an empty world with the same enemies reskinned. Weapons breaking became tedious eventually, didn't even finish the main story.

My first playthrough on normal was lackluster. I blazed through it hitting less than 75 shrines and roughly 80 or so korok seeds.

My second playthrough on master really let the game shine. Around 130 shrines completed and around 200 korok seeds found. Took my time and explored climbing whatever I could and completing side quests. Much much better.

Yeah no, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear fauna is Fawn which is a baby deer.
An animal.

I take it English isn't your first language.

Cease this autistic fit

If English is your first language and you don't know what a fawn is...i would be worried about how stupid you are.

This is correct for me personally. I don't hate BOTW at all. I just think it's really overrated, and people are willing to overlook some serious flaws, like boring shrines and lack of enemy variety and give it a 9 or 10 anyway.
I feel the same way about bioshock infinite (that game is much worse than BOTW though) it got a lot of 8s and 9s from critics despite being awful, and that's why I hate it, not because it's terrible. It's not terrible, just a 4 or 5 out of 10.

>almost everyone
There you have it, your argument is invalid. Unless you can kill everything then no game has that freedom you seem.

Dude, did you not know what a fawn was before today?

It's really obvious a lot of the BotW defenders are literal children who saw these big words online and use them to pretend they're smart. This game is a fucking dumpster fire. Shit dungeons, bosses, music, art style is gay, Link looks gay (but that's a good thing teehee :P) and the story is terrible. Final boss is indefensible even for fanchildren.

t. fan of every other 3D Zelda

>tfw just shitposting about the phonetics of the word “fauna”
>insecure brainlets try to bully me on an anonymous basket weaving forum
Take your meds guys

I agree with you. Fighting Calamity Ganon early is fun. Also I love Calamity Ganon design. He is a scary fucker and the introduction music is hype as fuck.
youtu.be/tukA3xIKpcA
What do you guys think?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

It’s not a difficult word user. Pseuds are really insufferable

>bully
Wow, this is really making you upset isn't it.

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE STUPID... I'M SERIOUS...

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

More just dismayed with zoomer Yea Forums in general, not this conversation in particular

>It’s not a difficult word user
Then why didn't you know what a fawn was?

Music and artstyle are amazing user. Bosses are shit tho. There is no dungeons but some shrines and the divine beasts were great.

>zoomer Yea Forums
What exactly is "zoomer" about knowing basic English?

This game was made for ADD kids. You wander around aimlessly in a sandbox with no structure, to make "your own adventure."

Why play a game. Just play in your own shit covered sand pit in the back yard and make believe faggot.

Also this game is seriously the gayest fucking shit and I swear that kids are gayer now than they ever have been before. Literally every underage or young kid openly talks about being a faggot. This game is clearly pandering to them with how gay Link looks and how he's always topless or doing some faggy shit. This is why I hate children.

I know what a fawn is. I was merely poking fun at that user’s post and commenting on what fauna sounds like as you sound it out. It’s all so tiresome. Carry on.

>not being an illiterate retard makes you a virgin
boy I bet you're real popular with the ladies

I'm guessing you don't know what zoomer seems either do you? A boomer is more likely to know the word fawn than a zoomer. Simply because they are older.

I want to give the benefit of a doubt that you are dumb and young. If you are a boomer and dot know what a fawn is at age 30 and English if your first language that is pathetic.

>Xenoblade X
lol guess I was baited into reading this post

>I know what a fawn is.
That's because we just told you. At this point you might as well just leave the thread instead of doing the whole "it wasn't me" thing.

Both those reviews are the same in how shitty they are.

>It and BotW are almost nothing alike in execution
lol man, no shit, you are retarded.

If I didn't get the warm clothes from the king do I just have to spam food?

You can get them somewhere else later on, or buy the better armour from the Rito.

>I'm not defending the 20 combat shrines, but I won't let you imply they're filler
Bub.

>"Major complaints" don't appear to add up to much when the combat itself has been received very well by the vast majority of people who actually played the game. Combat is not filler, you fucking mong.
If Nintendo changes combat for BotW2, why do you think they would have done that? Could it be that they, unlike your retarded fanboy ass, listens to criticism of the game and tries to improve on what wasn't liked?

>I don't really enjoy most open world games, so my ranking for those wouldn't be very much to start with.
So what is it about BotW that you like more than other open world games?

are you talking about the great platue?
you can get it later, but if you don't get it on the platue, you can just scale the snowy area by picking the peppers surrounding the area and making food that heats up link

Climb to the top of the mountain and he gives it to you for free. Many people don't know this.

Weapons don't last nearly long enough that they should make every weapon unique in fights. You constantly change so if your spear breaks and you switch to a stronger, different one but the way you fight with it changes you will just throw people off.

I absolutely adore BotW.
It is undeniably the greatest Zelda since MM, and easily one of the best games of this decade.
The freedom of gameplay is absolutely refreshing and excites experimentation and imagination.

Both those games sucked

To me BOTW only shines so bright on it own.
When I try to play other games like Botw the cracks, retard design decisions, invisible walls and overall railroad tracks become much more apparent
Botw retroactively ruins other games
I hate I couldn’t climb walls in Nier Automa
I died constantly in Skyrim because I kept jumping off mountains wondering where the fuck is my paraglider
I needed up hating RDR2 for insta-failing me if I go off script for more than 8 seconds

>Don't confuse ~10 paid soiboy "game journalists" with majority
t. Yea Forums dwelling hikki-neet.
The game got global praise, from players and press alike. From series' vets to total newcomers.

>Same people gave Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks 9s and 10s and hardly play games between political rallys
Projecting way too much.

>I died constantly in Skyrim because I kept jumping off mountains wondering where the fuck is my paraglider
This is bait, right?

There was shit like
“0/10 belongs on the Zeebo”
“Haven’t played it but 0/10 worse game ever”

Yes

The only reason I loved it was because it became routine to come home from work and unwind with it. The game's atmosphere is on point, and it "feels" more solid to play than other open world games. However what you actually wind up doing is very limited, and once you realize combat doesn't matter a lot of the game's design falls apart unless you want to personally play around with the mechanics.

However for being such an easily digestible and cozy game, it can work. It's a 6/10 game that's bolstered up because of the love that clearly did go into it, even if that didn't translate to a fully-realized game.

The sequel is going to be a masterpiece.

This
If anything BOTW is NES Zelda reimagined in HD

lol, no

Actually yes. And when expert mode came out, I played without fast travel and i enjoyed it even more because i found more shit than before

Based as fuck

Yes, everyone who played the game of the decade (Breth of the Wild) enjoyed it, which is reflected by its 97 metacritic score despite tens of thousands of snoys review bombing it. Only people who didn't play it (Playstation owners) pretend they didn't enjoy it because they are jealous.

Attached: 1554439031978.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

it baffles me that the quick select menu wasn't designed as a wheel like TP/SS
seriously guys what the fuck happened

Attached: weaponwheel.jpg (812x456, 117K)

yeah, because Rockstar gets it right. So does BOTW for that matter

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 7_23_2019 1_24_35 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

Roughly 4 hours in now. I greatly enjoy it so far.

>10/10 game
>v shits on it

every time

>4 hours in
>10/10
t. game journalist

If you can't evaluate the quality of a game in the first 4/5 hours played then you are legit retarded.
Some games are even close to the end by then.
It needs to shit the bed hard going further for me to change my mind or go below 8/10. Could happen of course.
That said if you write a professional review you need to do your homework and play a game thoroughly.

I enjoyed it more they every open-world game released in the last nine years that I have played, the reasons being that I felt the systems are all used effectly to push the core idea of freedom is present in nearly every aspect of this game.

The game also excels in giving you this sense of discovery and realism with the way nearly everything you see has some interactivity and worth inside the game and how the items and systems are all design with eachother in mind. compared to most open world where most of what you see is completely static and worthless existing only to look good and the envirorment all work the same even though it makes no sense. I think that this type of systematic game logic is needed for great open-world games which is why I hope that future open world games take notice of it, cause the only games that have done similar were made over a decade ago I want to play more great open world games.

I think realism is a great way to put it. There's this really great illusion that the game makes by having all of the interactions go just a little deeper than what I expected from video games which makes everything feel much more tangible. It's still amazing to me that apples are individual physical objects in a tree, and you can cut it down, the apples can roll or bounce, they can get cooked by fires or frozen by weather, enemies and animals will pick them up and eat them, and so on. It's like the game logic works in the way I thought Oblivion was going to work way back when, when I was more gullible and watching Todd Howard lie to me.

You are a brainlet thats why. You are supposed to finish all shrines before ending the main quest.

Nintendo releasing back-to-back 97s.

How can anyone compete?

Attached: Super-Mario-Odyssey-vs-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Nintendo-Switch-review-874221.jpg (590x350, 76K)

>*runs in an empty field for 5 minutes*
>sees copy and pasted pig monster outpost guarding a chest
>smashes the attack button until the weapon breaks
>gets hit and have only one heart left
>oh no, better open the menu to pause everything and eat some food to restore my hearts!
>norm norm norm norm
>*slaps stomach* hnnnnnnhhh
>all the hearts restored
>kills all the monsters
>ding ding ding ding
>opens chest
>DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUUUHHHH (receives arrows x5)
>*teleports to shrine*
>*puts metal ball to hole*
>MASTER LINK YOU’VE PROVEN TO BE RESOURCEFUL AND WISE THE FUTURE OF HYRULE IS IN YOUR HANDS
>DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUUUHHH (receives wooden stick x 1 and a spirit orb)
>leaves shrine, sees a pebble on the ground
>no way, this can’t be......
>YAH YAH YAH YWAH HEH HEH
>DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH (receives kora seed #1278)
>”LINK THE BLOOD MOON RISES ONCE AGAIN NOW YOU CAN DO ALL THESE ALL OVER AGAIN!”

>quick select menu wasn't designed as a wheel
It was designed for Wii U second screen touch interaction, imbecile.

here's your (you)

Attached: botw3.png (986x680, 911K)

>Bub.
If the majority don't feel like filler, then the majority don't feel like filler. I'd tell you to stop being retarded, but I just don't think you're capable.

>If Nintendo changes combat for BotW2, why do you think they would have done that?
This is classic goalpost-shifting. I didn't say the combat was perfect or couldn't be improved upon, I said it wasn't filler and doesn't suddenly become filler because a few shitposters didn't like it. Learn to read.

>So what is it about BotW that you like more than other open world games?
Lack of markers that tell you where everything else, making it feel like an actual adventure and incentivizing exploration. Actual good world design with lots of verticality as well as focused terrain and orientation to guide you towards points of interest. Great combat and physics system. Environmental interactivity out the ass. Focus on adaptive gameplay and survivability.

There will never be another video game which has anally devastated this board as much as BotW.

Its the gift which keeps on giving.

Attached: 1562274889134.jpg (576x507, 49K)

This. Most of BotW's content is densely distributed, and even when it isn't, the game is literally designed to constantly engage the player when he/she travels between points of interest.

The only region in the game that legitimately felt empty was Hebra, but that was probably an intentional design choice due to how cold and isolated its atmosphere felt.

It still shocks me that this game got 10/10s it really does just show that reviewers are all nostalgic man babys who will shower nintendo with praise no matter what they do. Could you imagine this game wasn't called Zelda? Do you really think anyone would have even discussed it? The answer is no.

>You are supposed to finish all shrines
Most of the shrines are boring and uninteresting you absolute fucking moron.

Just wait until the sequel comes out, and the cycle will begin all over again. I swear these threads are like the groundhog day of Yea Forums.

I want a Zora wife!

Attached: A2190105-40DA-4A38-81BB-F0853BF022D7.gif (358x342, 1.47M)

It only has universal praise from normies who don't know shit about vidya. A simple test, if the game wasn't a zelda game would it be considered good? The answer is objectively no. So its obviously free zelda/nintendo points

Yea Forums is the second biggest board on Yea Forums and like it or not we're mainstream.

It's the perfect definition of an "okay" game. Not bad, not great just okay

Attached: 1515854100900.jpg (698x910, 109K)

Yawn. End yourself pleb.

Anyone of an educated mind and who has a simple grasp of game design, understands perfectly why BotW is so praised. Braindead children can't understand and remain baffled.

Attached: 97-1.png (1080x1301, 609K)

I hated the first 2 hours or so, then enjoyed about 5 hours of content and then started to get bored with it.
It's not bad at all, but it made me realize something I was denying for years: open world is a fucking meme.

If you don’t like this game then it probably just isn’t your style and I respect your opinion. BOTW is a game best taken blind and slow, and at this point the magic can get lost.

I fuckin love BOTW it is the greatest Zelda game ever made

BotW has actually ruined all open world games for me now.

Recently played Horizon Zero Dawn. Fuck me what a boring dead world of funnelled 'exploration' that is.

the problem of this game:

too much temples (they are fun but the exploration is too much based on them)

the need to open the invetory a lot when fighting (the quick menu in game is not very useful during fights, and not less annoying, at least for me)

I hope especially the second will be adressed in the sequel

Nintendo bonus from Onions boys and girls.

> if the game wasn't a zelda game would it be considered good
>objectively no
Big assumptions there fella. I'd prefer it to be a non zelda game desu, it would be a 10 for me for that

Attached: 363463676.jpg (700x913, 109K)

no game stays amazing for more than 20 hours you dumb faggot

>every day botw is still beloved by all countries, shapes, and sizes
>snoyfriends: "nintendo bonus!"
You diluted fools will never learn and by the time you do it will too late as your life is already wasting away before your very eyes. Enjoy what little happiness you might (but probably dont) have my guy, it wont last long

Attached: 1554455114711.jpg (250x250, 10K)

>pic
>posting fake news

>"I didn't enjoy this highly praised game"

Ok? I don't understand why you felt the need to make a thread to say this.

>in denial of reality

Hows that been working out for you?

I don't know. You tell me.

Go to Reddit if you can't stand your precious game being shat on. This board is for video game criticism and shitposting.

Seething.

The OP is literally cope over people enjoying it lmao irony

Loser.

You know, the blessed shrines become even more egregious when you realise they could have literally been replaced by a Hylia statue to hand you an orb and change nothing, it would be an improvement for places like !Water, !Forest, !Shadow temple shrines to keep a consistent aesthetic.

The OP literally just said he didn't enjoy the game. Accept that people have different opinions and move on, autist.