WORDS

WORDS
CAN KILL

Attached: unfinished.png (1100x1080, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/470268039/#470294214
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/468655786/#468664004
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/468655786/#468660875
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469898914/#469904632
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465895875/#465910216
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/471058587/#471098180
nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/45
youtu.be/V7VxGn7Piew
youtu.be/31dsolM10ng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you cant kill me

Hot take:
There's nothing really different between you__ and Big Boss.

Attached: big bosses.gif (1200x800, 1.15M)

>words can kill
>looks can kill

But I just got 2 new guns and named one "looks" and one "words". Sorry pal, I guess this just ain't your lucky day.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

He was a good villain, very memorable

Attached: 0af64fbfbb35fe1b8192dab2d3f92926.png (1920x1080, 701K)

>You

suck my big balls

Yes, Venom is you. Got a problem with that?

How is venom ME
explain pls

Are you asking for someone to explain to you why the character you control in a video game can be seen as an avatar for the player? because you better put a pot of coffee on, we might be here awhile.

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE

Did Caramel an hero?

People have been trying to kill me with words for years.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

How did you find the key to immortality

>"There's nothing really different between Venom and Big Boss"
>"Venom is you"
>There are still anons who clearly haven't played all of the MGS games who think they can understand MGSV and Venom Snake/The Medic better than the anons that actually have
MGSV is the story of how Big Boss became an evil maniac by parasitically abusing his most loyal soldier (thus giving the perfect reason for his downfall), The Medic, through secretly manipulating said soldier to become his body double slave so that he can fuck off to Africa and fulfill his perpetual warmongering dream. Big Boss is the actual villain of the game, not Skullface, and The Medic is entirely his own character and there's never a single moment in the game that suggests that he's your self insert.

Even as a body double of Big Boss, The Medic still differed from Big Boss because he was weaker, mute, a nice person and even a pacifist. Plus, despite being implanted with Big Boss' memories, he hated his demon, which represents who Big Boss truly is, and he also hated war and thought that NUKES = BAD like Solid Snake and wanted to go home, evidenced by how he accepted The Boss, lovingly repaired her bandana (showing how much he appreciated her and her will, unlike Big Boss) and vowed to disarm the all the nukes in the entire world to follow her will (which is world peace and a nuke free world), which is a stark but appropriate contrast to Big Boss rejecting The Boss, her bandana, and her will, and vowing to hoard all the nukes in the entire world, since he, unlike The Medic, had no sense of morality, lusted war and thought that NUKES = GOOD. Simply put, The Medic is the antithesis of Big Boss, just like Solid Snake. Red oni, blue oni, yin and yang. Big Boss and The Medic.

That alone makes The Medic EXTREMELY DIFFERENT FROM BIG BOSS WHILE ALSO BEING A BETTER MAN THAN BIG BOSS AND THUS THE SUPERIOR BIG BOSS WHICH IS WHY HE DESERVED A GOOD AND HAPPY ENDING UNLIKE BIG BOSS. FACT.

(1/2)

Attached: glastxkjzwxdztxchgsrafxjprezqjvvecozhzrz-740.jpg (740x320, 40K)

The end of mgsv reveals big boss is supposed to be the play themselves and everyone acts like taht was the sole purpose of the game when really it was just a failed bridge between the series and metal gear 1

Looking back.
This was pretty cringe.

Attached: C4608CBC-B20B-48BA-8C18-D108B66B29D0.jpg (600x600, 45K)

You know how you handle those people? You kill them right back. But with kindness. And good vibes.

it's just silly as fuck

Its words THAT kill

Attached: Duel.gif (500x281, 2.51M)

He is Zadornov.

(2/2)

The Medic is extremely honorable, selfless, generous, giving, and innocent, and all of his recruits are lawful and innocent. He is also compliant, obedient and loyal to whoever he thinks his master is (which unfortunately allowed him to be tricked by Big Boss to be his shield, scapegoat and tool whose main function is to die for him and his personal benefit, this is where Solid Snake knew better not to fall for these kinds of traps). In contrast, Big Boss is savage, dishonorable, disloyal, psychopathic, rebellious, ruthless, selfish, egocentric, cold and calculative, and all of his recruits are amoral, criminal, and conniving.

The tape was all about Big Boss convincing The Medic to be his slave. It was never making any inspirational sayings or thoughtful messages towards the player. It was never informing the player that "Big Boss is really a 100% nice, altruistic, benevolent, charitable, giving, kind-hearted, ingenuous, sweet, selfless and good guy and he'll prove it by giving the ability to officially roleplay AND be recognized as Big Boss to you, since you wanted to. Now do him a favor and put that role to good use so that you and him can help change the world, make a mark on history, and finish the story and legend of Big Boss, together". It was to get The Medic to go against his beliefs and do what he wants like the good little doll he is, you're never supposed to actually take anything from it seriously.

It is not a bunch of willy nilly roleplaying meta bullshit where Big Boss is some sort of "meta deity". Don't take any word from the same 3-4 autists that have been circulating Yea Forums for the past week who think otherwise.
>It is not a bunch of willy nilly roleplaying meta bullshit where Big Boss is some sort of "meta deity". Don't take any word from the same 3-4 autists that have been circulating Yea Forums for the past week who think otherwise.

nice reddit frog, phoneposter-kun

Attached: 9C653513-3619-4F87-9317-D3D3EE8B532C.gif (194x284, 1.12M)

interesting, thanks for that. I like food for thought.

WOULD YOU SPEEAKK THEM TO ME

>frog
>the dud
you just resort to forced shit like this all the time?

It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Not your shit, cringe garbage copypasta again. We debunked everything from what you wrote and concluded that it doesn't reflect anything from the actual game.

>and all of [The Medic's] recruits are lawful and innocent.
>and all of [Big Boss'] recruits are amoral, criminal, and conniving.
You're adding more lies every time you spread this trash. Is your goal to spread misinformation solely to troll or to express your hateboner for Big Boss?

Don't believe in anything that user says AT ALL
Its entirely false

>too dumb to realise he's samefagging
Never change.

is this from fallout or sinking city?

WITH YOUR BREATH SO STILL IT MAKE ME BELIEVE

>"interesting, thanks for that. I like food for thought"
>being THIS stupid to the point where you'll consider heavily outright and obvious lies as truths
My god, majority of Yea Forums will automatically believe in the first thing they're told about X without checking and reject everything that contradicts it, also without checking

We're doomed.

why did you have to make the same post THREE times, sperg?

$0.05 have been deposited into your Patriot account.

Sigh, yet another correction... don't know what caused me to think I should use "consider" instead of "take in".
>[snip] take in [snip] as truths*
Because I correct my posts?

If you need to correct your posts DO IT IN A REPLY INSTEAD OF RETYPING THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Why wasn’t Big Boss the final boss at the end of MGS4, instead that pointless Ocelot self-hypnosis crap? Why is Kojima such a hack?

MALE TO FEMALE
TRANNY HAMBURGER

>DO IT IN A REPLY JUST LIKE WHAT YOU DID RIGHT NOW INSTEAD OF RETYPING THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN*
see, I just did the same thing
Very useful, less superfluous

that's literally the point of the game though. it's the final chapter of Big Boss's descent into villainy. Peace Walker already confirmed this where he resolved himself to perpetuate cycles of endless war to ensure soldiers would always have a place on the battlefield. MGSV just showed this in more subtle ways.

That copypasta is a bunch of bullshit lies, don't take in anything from it.
I don't know what the goal of that one user who keeps posting it is, but it's already doing damage to the board, as some retards are already taking it in as the ground truth.

An example of those retards being THIS ONE:

You need all female staff to fully appreciate this game.

Attached: all female staff.jpg (2560x1440, 1.67M)

RED SUN

not an argument.

>Still no mod to make every single character in the game female
What the heck bros?

>that's literally the point of the game though
No
>it's the final chapter of Big Boss's descent into villainy
>MGSV just showed this in more subtle ways.
No and thus no. The purpose of MGSV was never to portray Big Boss's descent into villainy. MGS3 already did it perfectly and Peace Walker was the cherry on top by having him reject The Boss.

>"All the information that you're taking in is wrong, here's why"
>not an argument

Attached: 1563640513138.png (1024x923, 1.38M)

>"The user making the copypasta is a troll, everything he is saying is obviously wrong"
>n-n-not an argument!!1
Are you denying the fact that you're being misled by trolls because you're braindead or you "feel like it"?

Attached: cringe.png (997x737, 518K)

>The purpose of MGSV was never to portray Big Boss's descent into villainy.
the game was literally sold with the tagline "burning with revenge...men become demons". this was after two games showing Big Boss as this goofy misunderstood anti-hero. the entire point of the game, the entire premise the game was sold on, was finally seeing Big Boss become the man we see in MG1&2, the warlord spoken of in hushed tones in MGS1 and MGS2.
>MGS3 already did it perfectly
MGS3 provided context for why he would eventually become a villain but didn't actually show any of it
>Peace Walker was the cherry on top by having him reject The Boss
again, it showed context and leadup but not the villainy itself. MGSV does this in a more subtle way as we see Big Boss embody the attributes of previous villains from the series, and more importantly betrays the ideals he inherited from The Boss, namely brainwashing Venom and using him as a pawn just as the CIA did to The Boss.
>"All the information that you're taking in is wrong, here's why"
whining about a copypasta isn't an argument.

>not an argument

Attached: really nigger.jpg (920x920, 58K)

>samefagging in 2019

Attached: 1552008527659.jpg (531x403, 63K)

The quickest way I know of is to fire ALL male staff (some can't be fired for some reason), and farm mission 23 female prisoner using cheat engine to speed the game up so you can run like Quicksilver. As soon as she's fultoned just run out the mission area.

>the virgin skullface gets JUST'd by floating boy and russian on fire, gets limbs blown off one by one, then mercy killed by weeb nerd with artificial legs, fails to kill zero
>the chad big boss bangs prime pussy, sets up his own bitch to be magnet to cipher cunts, has his own chad outer heaven, comes back to life, winds up being the one to finally take out zero

Attached: paz.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

A cuck

I mean I want literally every single character in the game to be female, not just all MB soldiers I already had that when I played.

i feel like Infinite Heaven would be a solid framework to implement this provided you have some level of coding knowledge

>"the game was literally sold with the tagline "burning with revenge...men become demons""
>believing in marketing lies
>believing in anything that everyone working on the game (Konami, Kojima, the developers, marketing, etc.) said before it came out at all

>MGS3 provided context for why he would eventually become a villain but didn't actually show any of it
Well duh, the stories given in every Metal Gear obviously can't show their protagonists doing evil stuff.

>again, it showed context and leadup but not the villainy itself.
>WAAAAH!!!!!!!! WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO SEE MY PRECIOUS BIBO BECOME A VILLAIN!!!!!!!!!!111111111111
At this point, I'm close to being done talking to you, since you appear to be naturally a whining, grubby idiot.

>whining about a copypasta isn't an argument.
>Trying to prevent misinformation "isn't an argument"
OK, so you hate the truth. Good, that thankfully helped me decide that I'm absolutely done talking to you for real.

Uh, think again, sweetie.

Attached: not samefagging retard.png (1270x457, 100K)

you can't hide behind "marketing lies" when the g

>when the g
Let me guess. You have no words because I'm right.

>believing in marketing lies
>believing in anything that everyone working on the game (Konami, Kojima, the developers, marketing, etc.) said before it came out at all
you can't hide behind "marketing lies" when the game has exactly what's being talked about lmao.
>Well duh, the stories given in every Metal Gear obviously can't show their protagonists doing evil stuff.
and Big Boss isn't the protagonist in MGSV is he? think long and hard about this. i believe in you. :)
>At this point, I'm close to being done talking to you, since you appear to be naturally a whining, grubby idiot.
more non arguments
>Trying to prevent misinformation "isn't an argument"
critical analysis of a work that goes beyond surface level isn't "misinformation".
>Uh, think again, sweetie.
i can use mspaint too
no hiromoot is a nigger
take the L and move on and let the adults talk about this masterpiece

>helping to stop misinformation
>"not an argument"
Retard

why are you still samefagging?

What a brainlet

i accept your admission of defeat, maybe stick to Call of Duty, Metal Gear is a little too complex for someone like you ;)

Why are you assuming that eveyone who responds to you is one samefag ?

Attached: Bitch please.png (282x237, 14K)

you're literally using the exact same words over and over again. you aren't even good at hiding it.

Not that user, but:
>Call of Duty
Hi, fellow autist. Just wanted to let you know that you're so spottable recently for the second time!
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/470268039/#470294214
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/468655786/#468664004
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/468655786/#468660875
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469898914/#469904632
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/465895875/#465910216
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/471058587/#471098180

Sincerely,
user

>being this s p e r g over identifying word usage
>being this s p e r g over trying to identify one fucking s a m e f a g g o t at all
Youre being the moron here not me

Yea unfortunately I'm a retard and for some reason every character in the game being a girl doesn't seem to be a high priority for most people.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (400x500, 47K)

I'm food for thought-kun and I came back to the thread. Holy shit, I see long post user was bullshitting and I don't believe his lies. Thanks.

This is excellent sleuthing user.

MGSV is a perfect example of why death stranding will be shit. Kojima is autistic as fuck and takes his themes too far lately, and it doesnt translate into a good game

>still spewing this bullshit 3 days later

Attached: 1510151861236.jpg (640x640, 187K)

Can I get a quick rundown on infinite heaven? I've been looking for an excuse to play MGSV again.

Are any of you actually going to provide a counter argument instead of flatly stating "NO HE'S LYING"? user opened with two entire posts stating his case, you could at least give us a brief paragraph in the way of some kind of rebuttal.

As someone who played the MSX games and the games plus POOPS, this is really accurate, well done.

If you retards want to actually want to sound right instead of looking like fools, you better provide some counter arguments.

NO HE'S LYING, DON'T LISTEN TO HIM OR I'll GET REALLLLLLY MADDDDD

>Now I'll show you my demon
What did he mean by this?

To this day I have no fucking clue. It's such a bizarre and awkward line, especially considering he doesn't follow it up with anything relevant, and he literally just said the word "demon" in the previous sentence. It was a genuinely bad piece of writing for one of the best written characters in the game.

game is fun but the story is shit

also code talker is awful

I'm more interested in why the camera seems to lock on his face and do that weird tracking movement when he's approaching venom. During the part where he says "It makes a man hideous, inside and out." What was that camerawork supposed to symbolize? It was neat but it was also kinda random. For a moment I thought they were going to reveal that he had the same speech powers as Gene, but apparently not.

All disagreement with these posts is salty secondaries who treat Big Boss with the exact same idol worship the games always showed us people undeservedly showed towards him.

>YA BOSS NEW DIS
>BORGORS OF KAZOO-HIRA
>WUBACKEIYA
I love his weird old ass but yeah he probably should have died at some point during the game.

Attached: 1559195696655.jpg (2821x1814, 2.51M)

IM GONNA... SAY THE N-WORD

Attached: IMG_20190723_005539.jpg (624x549, 51K)

I wanna be mad at Huey, but then I remember that he literally gets cucked to death by his own son. God damn that's funny.

>During the part where he says "It makes a man hideous, inside and out." What was that camerawork supposed to symbolize?
I'd assume whatever he was saying was resonating emotionally and doing weird shit to Venom's fragile sense of identity. Maybe the visual effect was meant to indicate a panic or adrenaline response or something?

Huey was a weaselly piece of shit who got what he deserved, but I gotta respect the fact he called out Diamond Dogs on what they really are in the end.
>yells hysterically about how everyone calls D-Dog a dog despite obviously being a wolf
>Diamond Dogs posture as "dogs" with some kind of moral high ground despite really all being savage animals baying for blood

>For a moment I thought they were going to reveal that he had the same speech powers as Gene
shit, that's actually an interesting idea.

nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/45

This mos. It's let's you change all kinds, but my favorite thing it does is skip the pain in the ass helicopter rides and just start missions instantly.

I always figured that was him speaking directly to the player. But yeah it kind of comes out of nowhere.

>by parasitically abusing his most loyal soldier
Big Boss never intended to though
>through secretly manipulating said soldier to become his body double slave so that he can fuck off to Africa and fulfill his perpetual warmongering dream.
This wasn't intentional at all, Big Boss never agreed to the body double plan just so that he could personally satisfy his lust for war. He agreed to it because Ocelot wanted him to, it was for his protection (the whole world wants him dead, remember), and there wasn't anything else he could do (since it was already in effect, the damage has been done).
>Big Boss is the actual villain of the game
No, Skullface is. You're retarded.
>[Venom] is entirely his own character
Now you're outright denying facts. Kojima and Murata have said numerous times that Venom is 100% you, despite the Paz subplot.

What the hell did you think the avatar creator was there for?! Nothing???
>[Venom] was weaker
Nigger WTF, you're saying complete bullshit that you pulled out of your ass. I don't even need to explain why that's complete bullshit, especially when Venom looks and is already stronger than his peers.
>[Venom] hated his demon
More like Venom accepts, embraces and even loves it in the Truth ending when he punches the mirror.
>[Venom's demon] represents who Big Boss truly is
You're saying complete bullshit that you pulled out of your ass again. Stop it.
>[Venom] also hated war
>and thought that NUKES = BAD
>and wanted to go home
You're saying complete bullshit that you pulled out of your ass again for the third time in a row. Exactly what are you trying to get out of deliberately telling mere lies?

I'm going to have to split this post, it's getting way too long.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>you hope Death Stranding might someday replace The Phantom Pain, but it never goes away
>IT MAKES A MAN HIDEO, INSIDE AND OUT

>shit, that's actually an interesting idea
gene's power was never a good idea in any way
in a series that prominently focuses on the dangers of charismatic leaders simply being able to inspire and sway people to terrible actions with the right words, there was no need whatsoever for someone who could do that but through supernatural means

I completely agree with you, I'm just saying it's an interesting connection to make considering the effect was very reminiscent of when Gene was commanding his soldiers.

>Null is the perfect soldier
>Gene is the perfect battle commander
>"Careful snake, Gene's reflexes are probably even faster than Nulls"
Then what the fuck is the point of null?!

>Then what the fuck is the point of null?!
what's the point of null, indeed
there isn't one, null is a worthless and terribly executed expansion of a popular character

>evidenced by how [Venom] accepted The Boss, lovingly repaired her bandana (showing how much he appreciated her and her will, unlike Big Boss) and vowed to disarm the all the nukes in the entire world to follow her will (which is world peace and a nuke free world)
>First off

Venom in the nuclear disarmament ending was dedicating his effort to Big Boss, not The Boss. The speech at the last few minutes of it was him talking to Big Boss.

To quote a certain user from another thread where this copypasta was posted:
>the people who think he has any connection to The Boss and is literally asking her corpse to rise from the grave to help him stop nuclear proliferation are brainlets

>Second

>"lovingly repaired her bandana"
Not canon. The Boss is nothing to Venom, and therefore, her bandana means nothing to him. He doesn't wear it in any cutscene either, and there's never a moment in the game where you're forced to wear it.

>Third

>The Boss' will
>"world peace and a nuke free world"
Absolute retard. Well, actually, I'm unsure on the "world peace" part, but The Boss never said that the entire world shouldn't have nukes. You never played any of the games at all.

>Big Boss never intended to though
>Big Boss never agreed to the body double plan just so that he could personally satisfy his lust for war
Yet he ended up exploiting Venom's unwilling role as his body double for that exact purpose. Is he innocent of that just because he didn't initiate the body double project? Zero didn't even intend for venom to do any of the shit he did, he just wanted Venom to die in the hospital so Big Boss could get away. Venom's entire active role in the game was by Big Boss' design.

>Kojima and Murata have said numerous times that Venom is 100% you, despite the Paz subplot
Post sources that explicitly state that there is no ulterior character to Venom, and that he intentionally exists solely as an empty template for the player to project upon.

>Venom accepts, embraces and even loves it in the Truth ending when he punches the mirror
>he loves being a demon, that's why he punches his reflection when he sees himself as one
Flawless logic, 10/10.

>You're saying complete bullshit that you pulled out of your ass again. Stop it.
So why is it that he only appears as a "demon" when he's fully embraced the role put upon him by Big Boss, which is the role of Big Boss himself?

>You're saying complete bullshit that you pulled out of your ass again for the third time in a row. Exactly what are you trying to get out of deliberately telling mere lies?
The Disarmament ending has Venom express the same "fight to see the end of war" sentiment as The Boss.

>Venom in the nuclear disarmament ending was dedicating his effort to Big Boss, not The Boss. The speech at the last few minutes of it was him talking to Big Boss.
This is not the view held by Big Boss. This is The Boss' philosophy.

Attached: 0.jpg (1920x1080, 127K)

>This is The Boss' philosophy.
Prove it

DONT CALL ME A FAGGOT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Not canon. The Boss is nothing to Venom, and therefore, her bandana means nothing to him. He doesn't wear it in any cutscene either, and there's never a moment in the game where you're forced to wear it.
This is the only thing you've correctly called him out on. The implication is that it was "lovingly repaired" by Strangelove after recovering it from Lake Nicaragua.

>Prove it
Okay.
>We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future
>Some day the world will no longer need us
>No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger
>That's what we will leave as our legacy
"A world with no need for the gun or the hand to pull the trigger" is precisely the exact philosophy Big Boss rejected at the end of Peace Walker, and which Venom is explicitly embracing in Disarmament.

Wasn't Skull Face originally called "Albatross, the Venom of the West"? I wonder what that was all about...

Fools. In that speech, Venom clearly talks to Big Boss, not The Boss. That's why he says "we" must persevere. The Boss is dead and the only knowledge Venom could have of her is John's mommy issues implanted in his mind.

>killing an albatross was considered to bring misfortune upon the one who killed it
>huey spends the rest of his life suffering misery upon misery after being the one to kill skull face

>venom of the west
>skull face is literally a dark reflection of venom as a man who was robbed of his identity to be used as a tool of war and eventually went rogue against the man who made him that way, and operated as a western agent while venom operates in the middle east

>that ending was entirely talking about The Boss
>"V-V-Venom clearly was clearly talking to Big Boss there, not The Boss!!!1"
…..are you retarded?

That doesn't do anything to address the fact that everything Venom says in that speech is in direct conflict with Big Boss' goal of perpetual warfare as a means of providing purpose for soldiers.

>Post sources that explicitly state that there is no ulterior character to Venom, and that he intentionally exists solely as an empty template for the player to project upon.
So Venom's 100% you. Glad that you could admit that.

Are you literally illiterate?

>Venom
>The antithesis of Big Boss
NO MORONS, STOP IT, QUESTION YOURSELVES
There is no logical reason to have another character who is the antithesis of Big Boss

Two yangs pairing with a yin does NOT make sense.

Attached: Consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

I'm not illiterate at all. Venom is an empty template that YOU have to "project upon". In other words, "derive YOUR own character from". Therefore, he's 100% YOU.

Case closed.

Why wouldn't it, faggot?
>
Yeah, you're illiterate. Why am I still talking to you?

It does when Venom never got the chance to serve as an antithesis. He shows diverging qualities with Big Boss himself and highlights what Big Boss could have been without his poisoned heart, but he ultimately ends up as a sacrifice on the altar of his ego.

You clearly are, since I requested that you provide a source for your claim that Kojima and Murata have repeatedly stated that he is 100% solely a player proxy with no character of his own, and you somehow interpreted that as me conceding that he is.

I don't think you're seeing my point. Think about it.
Two yangs pairing with a yin completely throws the balance of yin and yang off scale.

>Two yangs pairing with a yin completely throws the balance of yin and yang off scale
In the context of MGSV, how would that tangibly impact the narrative?

>Making conclusions about Venom overall without recognizing the flaw that even though you know 100% about his 52-year old self, you know only 0.00001% about his 64-year old self
>while retardedly relying on the fallacy that that Venom never changed his mentality as he aged
Wretched, arduous birdbrains, TPP Venom is more synonymous to GZ and TPP (since a coma effectively is a pause button for mental development) Big Boss than Metal Gear 1 and 2 Big Boss.

Who's the other yang?

Hey I recognize that guy. He's the avatar every "in-the-know" youtube commenter must use for his avatar since, what?, like a year ago?

Chronological context doesn't matter, fuckwit. Just think about the point that I'm trying to make for once.

Yin and Yang:
Big Boss : Solid Snake.
??????? : Venom Snake.

See the problem?

By that logic, Liquid, Ocelot, Solidus and Volgin have no right to exist alongside Big Boss, because you can't have more than one yin to a yang.

>Who's the other yang?
Solid Snake YOU DUMB NIGGER

Liquid and Solidus don't matter here.
Also, Volgin and Ocelot are not genetic/memetic clones of Big Boss.

Liquid and Solidus are not true Snakes, especially when they were never protagonists.
Also
>Volgin
>Ocelot

you can say it "throws off the balance" all you like, and for whatever the fuck that means it may be true, but venom occupies the role of a less morally dark big boss and nothing can change that
the most tangible difference is that solid serves the role of the one who ultimately triumphed over big boss's ambitions and venom is the one who got consumed by it

we are thinking about your point, and we think it's asinine

Why didn't he make the vocal chord parasites so that they kill anybody who says the N word, thus ending racism?

>Venom Snake is Big Boss
>Venom Snake is NOT Big Boss
>Venom Snake is a better man than Naked Snake, he accepted The Boss and is thus a good person.
>Venom Snake is not a better man than Naked Snake, he rejected The Boss too and is thus a big, evil meanie, especially for being extremely eager and complicit with carrying on the Outer Heaven Uprising for Naked Snake and intentionally killing "one of his own men".
>Venom Snake is the player
>Venom Snake is his own character
>Venom Snake punching the mirror shows his hatred for his demon
>Venom Snake punching the mirror shows him accepting his demon
>Venom Snake punching the mirror shows that he wants to be defined by neither a demon nor an angel, but rather Big Boss
>Venom Snake punching the mirror means absolutely nothing, stop trying to think that this shitty game is deep
>Venom Snake rejected being Big Boss and thus wanted to rebel against Naked Snake when he learned the truth
>Venom Snake accepted being Big Boss when he learned the truth
Are there any other characters in video games that leave people massively confused (and as a result, spewing contradicting interpretations) when trying to understand them?

This thread is a spicy meat-ah-ball. I love video game lore debate.

It was pure MGS cheese that the rest of the game was missing out on (in favor of boring, droning dialogue), it was beautiful.

>Are there any other characters in video games that leave people massively confused (and as a result, spewing contradicting interpretations) when trying to understand them?
Yes, literally every Metal Gear villain. Did you think this was something new to MGSV?

Senator Armstrong was the only MGS villain without a confusing motive

MGS 5 would be a massively superior game by making just one small change: if its' setting was in a jungle/mountainous setting like MGS3. The yellow and brown of endless desert is the most boring location you could choose to set your video game world in.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>but venom occupies the role of a less morally dark big boss and nothing can change that
I like how you refuse to provide elaborate and well written evidence to why that is.

That's because MGR was a laughably straightforward game. It doesn't even meet the benchmark for the level of absurdly, unnecessarily convoluted narrative required for a Metal Gear title.

Agreed, I liked the Africa part more than Afghanistan since it felt more like an MGS3 area at night.

DOLTS!

>V-venom Snake I-is a copy of Solid Snake e-except t-t-that he f-fell p-prey to Big Boss u-unlike S-sol--
You're interpreting the character WRONG. That's the only thing that I'm going to say in this thread.

but lore

It doesn't matter how many times you faggots try to recontextualize it, the story will always be shit

Venom is a good person, he's way better than Big Boss for sure. He's a true hero, who Big Boss never was. To me, he's the true Big Boss.

He's literally the only character in MGSV, aside from Ocelot, who doesn't seem to be driven by revenge.

At first he has absolutely no idea what to, which is why he follows Ishmael's lead, then he does what Ocelot tells him to, and then finally what Kaz does; he sends him after Skullface and Venom does it because apparently that's what he's supposed to do, but along the game you start seeing the differences between him and Big Boss, and that, in fact, it turns out that Venom is the complete opposite of Big Boss in many ways.

The one going on about revenge and killing Skullface is Kaz.
In fact, Venom seems more in this to stop Skullface because he's a threat to the world and he would achieve the opposte of what Venom wants.
Skullface would be basically handing out nukes to everyone, that's the main motivation Venom has to go after him.

Yes, Venom wants a world without nukes and thus aims for nuclear disarmament. Of course the nuclear disarmament ending is not canon because we know the world isn't nuke free after MGSV, but it gives more insight into what he wants, and what his goal is. He has his own interpretetation of The Boss' will. Big Boss completely rejected this.

Hell, everytime people are angry and shouting Venom always intervenes and tries to calm everyone down.
He hasn't done anything wrong, the "demon" he sees himself and that he claims he has to drive out of him is just Big Boss himself.

It's also why the first thing that happens after Big Boss himself tells him that he is Big Boss too in the ending, is him looking in the mirror and seeing himself as a demon, which, up until now, only happened whenever he did something he felt it was evil and felt guilty of, like when he had to kill all those soldiers in the Quarantine platform.

This is basically everything else I have to say about him.

his displays of compassion and empathy while the real big boss plays the puppet master behind the curtain should be evidence enough, but if that's not adequate then his acknowledgement and embrace of the boss's philosophy is hard proof that despite zero and ocelot's best intentions he isn't a copy of big boss

and really user, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, especially when your own argument has amounted to nothing more than
>b-but the ying
>b-but the yang

Oh, also, one more thing:
>B-b-but Venom wanted to be brainwashed to be Big Boss, he wanted all this horrible stuff that he faced in V to happen to him! Ocelot when talking about Venom being brainwashed said "Remember, he wanted it" to Big Boss.
What the hell would Ocelot know?
He doesn't even know who Venom is, he never met him back when he was still his own soldier.
That's just manipulation.
Venom never had a chance to agree to it, he never did, and in fact, he constantly sees himself as a demon for it.
Hell, Venom's own actions show that he thinks very differently from Big Boss.

Big Boss has been shown to stop at nothing to achieve what he wants.
Venom saw himself as a demon after killing his own men and in fact, you even literally become a demon if you kill soldiers in the game constantly.
Meanwhile, Big Boss had no problem with using an entire hospital full of innocents as a human shield, he doesn't even have respect for his own men seeing how he had no problem with brainwashing Venom, his best soldier.

Venom on the other hand, is pacifist whenever possible. He spared the child soldiers and instead of using them, he tried to give them a normal life. He spares Quiet and Huey, and when he finally gets his hands on the Sahelanthropus, he doesn't use it, he just keeps it as a trophy and a reminder that they saved the world, that they are heroes.
He doesn't want to use it because he knows how dangerous it is.

Big Boss would have done the opposite of all of this because he has already done that, and in fact, we know he eventually does similar things in the future.
Big Boss' aim isn't to save the world, its to plunge it into eternal war.

And lastly, lets not forget this.
youtu.be/V7VxGn7Piew

In the speech Venom talks to The Boss, he interprets her will, and aims to "drive out his demons" and make the world a better place.
Big Boss, as I said, not only doesn't want to make the world better, but also rejected The Boss will.

youtu.be/31dsolM10ng

Are you going to post this gay shit in every thread?

Everyone in this thread is wrong.

>Reading this whole thread
Whoa, denialism ahoy.

Seems to be that, thanks to the brainlets on this board, that misinterpretations are spread as if they are the "truth".
The actual truth, in other words, the only correct interpretation, is universally hated because of how uncomfortable it is.

You'll be sorry for lying to yourself one day.

So why did he destroy Mother Base?

BUT THE NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT ENDING IS LITERALLY CANON, THERE IS NOTHING THAT SUGGESTS THAT IT ISN'T

THEREFORE IT'S LITERALLY CANON 100% THAT VENOM IS A GOODHEARTED SOULFUL HUMAN BEING AND A TRUE HERO, WHICH BIG BOSS NEVER WAS, SINCE HE SOUGHT TO ACHIVE NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT BECAUSE HE HATES WAR, GUNS AND NUKES BECAUSE OF HOW DEMONIC THEY ARE AND THUS WANTS TO SIDE WITH THE BOSS AND FULFILL HER PHILOSOPHY, PROVING HOW HES A LITERAL BETTER MAN THAN BIG BOSS AND THUS THE SUPERIOR BIG BOSS

YOU CANNOT DENY THIS, FUCKING MORON

Because Big Boss is Zero's golden boy, and attacking Big Boss's house is a great way to piss off Dad.

Why did you think I was talking about specifically that? Either way, here's a tip, fool:

That ending is completely optional. I know what you're thinking...
>b-b-but IT HAS TO BE CANON! WHY ELSE WOULD IT BE THERE?!
There's a twist! Unlike your average types of endings, which are strictly relegated to "canon or not canon", whether this ending is canon or not is up to you.

Mark my words...

Are you a literal retard?

>I-I-it's not canon if you pretend it's not
Not an argument.

You two have no counter argument. Why?

Attached: D6sHQuTX4AAe96b.jpg (543x540, 20K)

Because we don't need one, dumbass. It's so obvious why you're entirely wrong.

>There's a twist! Unlike your average types of endings, which are strictly relegated to "canon or not canon", whether [the nuclear disarmament ending] is canon or not is up to you.

Attached: retard.jpg (250x250, 10K)

Kill yourself

How would the real Big Boss have handled Shining Lights? Does it influence your opinion of him to know he never had to go through anything like that, and Venom did?

Attached: download (1).png (1000x597, 495K)

How do the Japanese interpret MGSV and Venom Snake? Like us Americans, or very differently from us Americans?

I AM OMEGA

Even us Americans interpret MGSV/Venom very differently from us Americans.

God V was such a piece of shit.
They couldn't even get Big Boss becoming manipulative right, instead he just woke up in his comfy bed and the entire plan was already laid out by Zero and he agreed because his uncle ocelot said it's okay. Kojima always has to add bullshit that ruins what should have been simpler and therefore better.

>upset big boss didn't match up to the hype
the phantom pain claims another victim lol

What was the point of making it a thing that "Pain gets the better of us all" is a quote by Big Boss and Skull Face? "They just randomly said the same thing" is not really a thing in fiction

You know it pham.

Attached: jack's smirking revenge V3.jpg (1900x1100, 814K)

Hot take. Skull Face is a shit villain. And if you want a villain that's Skull Face done right try Cigarette Smoking Man from X-Files. He unironically has a similar voice to Skull Face and a similar sinister personality, it seems Kojima partially based Skull Face on him. Unfortunately he missed out on what made CSM a great character. So if you want Skull Face done right. Go watch X-Files until the Seasons start to suck.

Attached: Smiling Cigarette Smoking Man.jpg (639x480, 48K)

?? Skull Face can't be both

what am I supposed to see on the right?

Skull Face in the mirror of Big Boss' bike

Did he really love her or was he just using her and a tool in his battle against Cypher?

Attached: 1562599652170m.jpg (656x1024, 83K)

>Gets rekt by bandaged man she never saw the face of
>Wants revenge on Venom for it
This never made sense unless Ishmael was never in the room which ultimately makes even less sense

I think she just focuses on Venom because he was her original target. She can't exactly chase Ishmael when she doesn't know who I he is.

More importantly how did she know Venom would be in Afghanistan? She showed up there before he did. Did she have some kind of other mission there? Not likely since she was made into a Skull specifically to hunt him.

>That alone makes The Medic EXTREMELY DIFFERENT FROM BIG BOSS WHILE ALSO BEING A BETTER MAN THAN BIG BOSS AND THUS THE SUPERIOR BIG BOSS WHICH IS WHY HE DESERVED A GOOD AND HAPPY ENDING UNLIKE BIG BOSS. FACT.
Nope, lies.
>and there's never a single moment in the game that suggests that he's your self insert.
Also lies.

>If you retards want to actually want to sound right instead of looking like fools, you better provide some counter arguments.
Easy.
>Medic is good
Medic is bad, he kills thousands of people while Big Boss was saving them with his air baloons.
>medic is not self insert
Gameplay and story events disagree with that.

blessed thread i can't stop laughing

Szégyenyed és bánatod, nyugodjék békében.

this kills the Konami shill

Attached: 0ff3ab43ff1e32cfe9bfb9c1409645af.jpg (560x798, 137K)

is she autistic?

Attached: 20190723011310_1.jpg (2560x1440, 523K)

lol who dis gay zoro motherfucekr?

No. Venom is though.
Seriously how did he miss all the signs so hard? How is he willing to die for her but doesn't even try to put his dick in?
Is this because of the brain damage?

What was the point of anything in V

Attached: MGSV summary.jpg (600x389, 49K)

that you cant actually know the truth about anything.

>Skull Face is a shit villain
I don't think he's that bad. I just don't think MGSV made much room for him (especially in terms of presentation). He's a better villain than Liquid Ocelot, Coldman, or Gene.

Attached: A terrible character..jpg (1000x2031, 334K)

CRINGE THEN CHILL

Attached: mgstpp_e3_2015_04.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

He values comradery more than pussy.

HAM
BUR
GERS
VO
CAL
CORD
PARA
SITES

WOLBACHIA

Attached: have sex.png (1256x1300, 440K)

>be kojimbo
>try to spend the whole game working on your ability to "show, not tell" because people always complain about your info dumps
>realize that you haven't done shit with Skullfuck all game
>oh shit I'd better actually explain what's going on before I kill him!
>make a cutscene where he just dumps a wikipedia article about his life onto you
>Venom remains silent the whole time
Kek.
>then do basically the same thing with Quiet but have Code Talker do the info dump
>even though she has twice the screen time as Skullface
>because you wasted her screen time on having Ocelot lecture us about her superpowers
BRAVO KOJIMBO

Why not have both?
As a bonus, if he at least gave Quiet a hug occasionally then she probably wouldn't have attempted suicide.

He should just have tweeted that Nietzsche quote and called it a day.

Attached: nigger_meme.jpg (1024x677, 137K)

This. It only felt weird because it was this one single glimpse of the classic style of the other MGS games, whereas the entire rest of the game felt like some very dull, boring, and overly-serious tom clancy novel or some shit.

I don't even mind that. The problem with MGSV is that its level designs are trash. They're too open, there aren't enough enclosed/interior places that actually require stealth. And most level designs are the exact same shit of "go to this guard outpost and fulton out the leader/captive/whoever"

It needed more enclosed areas, but MGSV doesn't play that well with actual interiors; at least not very dense ones. The mansion is a headache for this reason.

>I hate freedom!
based yuropoor wants communism back, as if being able to kill russian scum doesnt make the game automatic 10/10

>still seething over 70 years later

Attached: 1563563307355.png (600x465, 481K)

Attached: 1563874876503.jpg (846x432, 66K)

Blame Konami for wanting everything to run the same on last gen and current gen consoles.

>we could've gotten even higher res feet pics if not for the PS3

imagine the smell