"PS5 and Scarlett needs to be like Switch"

playstationlifestyle.net/2019/07/21/inti-creates-boss-on-ps5-xbox-scarlett/
Is he right?

Attached: Ai.jpg (1920x1080, 749K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketrealist.com/2019/07/sonys-ps5-to-compete/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>So when these companies put out new consoles I think one of the most important things for them is going to be how many exclusives they can have at their launch, because if they don’t have those then the chance that they’re going to have a failed launch is going to be pretty high I think.
He hasn't paid attention for the last 20 years?

>under powered console and overpowered handheld
Fuck no

He said
>So whatever these new systems are, they’re going to need to offer an experience that you can only have by owning it
Not
>make them just like the Switch
As that's the OPPOSITE of what he said

>thinking consoles matter when PC exists
There's literally no reason to own a PS5 or a Scarlett when PC will crush both. PC/Switch is ideal combo.

He's right in that the PlayStation/Xbox model is safe and boring

But safe and boring sells

t. idort

Attached: idort.jpg (1498x748, 215K)

>Aizu: the consoles need good launch lineup and a good reason to buy them
>comment section: WHAT HE WANTS THEM TO BE HYBRIDS?!?!? WHAT A TRAITOR TO SONY!

literally who?

This. Why can't people read?

>guy makes good points that are logical and sound that Yea Forums would agree with normally
>OP misquotes him
>LITERALLY WHO??!?! FUCK HIM! SONY FOREVER!
Learn to read

Sonyfags can't read when they're seething.

they're really pushing streaming games, so whats likely is they will become streaming stations so its easy for you to play your games from your phone through the console or some shit

If you aren't wary of click bait articles in the modern age, you are hopeless.

>Netflix of gaming
>Competing with google
Sounds like a bad idea

marketrealist.com/2019/07/sonys-ps5-to-compete/

Will you get a PS5 or Scarlett or stick with your Switch?

What the PS5 needs is APE ESCAPE FOUR

Sony is too censorship happy for that

It’s not a sustainable business model. People predicting its collapse for years have never been proven wrong, their predictions are just premature. It will collapse, the question is when and a safe bet is next years console refresh. If the rumors are true, Sony and MS might flirt with a $500 price point which will be DOA.

Unlike in the past there is no real additional graphical featureset in the new consoles. That little blurb about ray tracing hardware makes no sense because AMD doesn’t have anything... and they don’t have anything to put in a SoC. Also I wouldn’t expect it to be used much on these consoles. Both MS and Sony are emphasizing shorter load times being the most noticeable generation difference. Seeing with your eyes has always been the differentiator and this time around things will look much the same. That’s a hard sell even at $400.

If the PS5 has games then yes, I'll pick it up.
I'm sick of these PS3/4 with like 4 good games

People will always want consoles. Whether they want them more than PS4 and XB1 in an era of swiftly diminishing returns is another question entirely.

It's becoming harder to sustain hardware sales in an era when games take 3-4 years and many, many millions to make, while doggedly sticking to a $60 price point. Pro and X show that they see the PC market as a distinct threat and that they're running out of ways to keep sales buoyant.

It will be very interesting to see what the first PS5/Scarlett games will be like, because I don't see people running out to buy new consoles for slightly prettier versions of the same shooters and open world games they have now and last gen ports.

Attached: _Excuse me princess.jpg (250x186, 14K)

This. PS5 will have no games at all

Why do you faggots always say this. "PC/Nintendo best combo" when the other half of your point is that consoles are redundant to PC. As if PC couldn't run Nintendo software, and as if someone else couldn't make better hardware for their shit to run on

Agreed. Good point on the development times and expensive budgets. When it does collapse someday, I just hope it leads to smaller teams with small budgets like it used to be. They don’t even have to code to the metal and learn machine assembly language on any of these consoles, the middleware does the heavy lifting

You could see the industry getting too big, and too expensive, too fast with the 360. MS pushed for a Hollywood-style production precedent when the industry wasn't ready for it, and Sony followed suit whether they wanted to or not, because they had to. Result- literally dozens upon dozens of closed studios and billions lost in hardware for Sony and MS apiece.

They turned things around and made it profitable eventually, but they're still trying to figure out how to make this model future-proof.

Attached: 2490379-xboxoneps4.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Aizu shouldn't give opinions on consoles, if we were still using PS1 tier hardware it would make zero difference for Inti Creates.

PS5 and Scarlett are going to flop really badly

Depends on the games. If they have must-have exclusives, they'll sell for sure. But who wants to put out an exclusive on a new platform with so much money on the line?

If they launch with lukewarm titles, cross-gen titles and ports, which is far more likely, the consoles will struggle early on.

Once GTA6, Dark Souls IV and the like arrive though and are generation-exclusive, PS5 and Scarlett will be fine.

PS5 will, anyway.

Attached: Don Mattrick, President (159302)3267094401923524843.jpg (3064x2299, 909K)

PS5 will probably do ok but Scarlett will get crushed.

Will PS5 have a new controller?

They’ll compete with switch by streaming to phones and tablets. It’ll be interesting to see if that works.

How would it work?

He wants happy boobs to be shown without glaring light shafts covering them up, especially if another game can show them but it's a western game and not a Japanese/Asia one.

Have you seen the whole xCloud shit? Microsoft is starting a streaming service that is essentially game pass but you can do it on a phone or a tablet. It’s pretty compelling competition, what’s a better mobile gaming device than your phone? you’ll be able to pair controllers with bluetooth and I guess they’re also making a touch interface.

Sony has a deal with Microsoft to make use of their “service” although we don’t know if that means just using their servers or what. This is all to compete with google, of course.

I could get behind $20 online.

>inti creates
i dont give a damn about what the dude who made mighty number 9 has to say about a fucking thing

Attached: 1399515505266.jpg (828x720, 101K)

No because copying Nintendo is retarded. Remember the kinect and move?

>If they have must-have exclusives
Neither of them will. For all that Sony makes sure that there's always a triple gilded WOAH SONY IS KILLING IT WITH THEIR EXCLUSIVES comment on reddit, their games don't actually sell well.
The only real success they had was Spider Man, everything else only looks sort of ok after incredibly aggressive discounting and bundling.

good thing Inafune didn't make this game.

Attached: 1465331726165.gif (500x372, 112K)