As revolutionary as pong

as revolutionary as pong.

Attached: minecraft-grass-block-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-mtl-fbx-dae.jpg (676x422, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=peOOTd22mi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sort of. Both are landmark games but for different reasons.

Some would view this as a hot take, but I see the angle you are coming from.

It's fucking 3d legos. If you play this game you aren't a gamer, you are as casual as they come.

No

do you know how newfaggy you're coming off right now?
what am I saying, of course you don't

>if you play a video game, you are not a gamer

It's fucking crime simulator. If you play this game you aren't a gamer, you are as casual as they come.
>g-word

Attached: gta-6-michael.jpg (3840x2160, 3.03M)

user you do know this only applies to mobile games right? minecraft is mainly on PC

No, there were plenty of games like it before, and there were plenty of games like it after. The only thing it revolutionized was paying for a game before it was finished, which led to the cancer we have now days.

i mean you're not wrong but why make a thread about it?

I wouldn’t say “revolutionary”, it is certainly one of the most influential games of all time though.

>3d legos
aren't legos already 3d?

Now, will any of these Zoomers actually say why is it revolutionary?

legos are 3D tho

play some UHC

It's related to video games, why not?

Ive still never tried it.

b-b-because I played it when I was 12 which means it must be good!!!

it sucks

>there were plenty of games like it before
There's a reason nobody remembers those games but everyone knows Minecraft. inb4 "luck lol"
>and there were plenty of games like it after
Gee, I wonder why?
Having people rip you off doesn't preclude you from being revolutionary, brainlet.

>people on Yea Forums are now too young to know that minecraft was an infiniminer clone

I'm glad Minecraft exists because it led to the creation of the superior game Terraria

Attached: 1560801212814.jpg (600x600, 174K)

Yeah, and Pong is a Tennis for Two clone

>There's a reason nobody remembers those games but everyone knows Minecraft
Yes because the children who played minecraft in middle school grew up and now post about it on Yea Forums pretending it was a good game.

Meanwhile nobody else gives a single fuck about minecraft at all and it was completely irrelevant here before you children started spamming threads about it. There is a good reason absolutely nobody talked about this game anymore up until 2 years ago.

>Best selling game of all time
>Popularized the crafting genre
>Singlehandedly started the youtuber craze
>Early access
I mean, come on, you can hate on it all you want, but saying it wasn't revolutionary is retard

this^^
also its considered a hot take i guess
everything is a "copy" of something else, fpsooters used to be called doom clones

Its up there with Mario, pong, and tetris, just way better with more depth.

>people only know about minecraft because of Yea Forums
>no one knew about minecraft until 2 years ago
LMFAO RETARD
microsoft bought the game for billions of dollars in 2014 aka when you were in 1st grade

moron

>People still spout this
Sonic is a Mario Clone
Quake is a DOOM clone
Mortal Kombat is a Street fight clone

based terraria fan

Maybe you should reread my post you child. Where the actual fuck did I say the word "knew"

Yikes
>sales make something revolutionary
>What is Roblox
>What is CoD
The real thing it revolutionized was the extreme popularization of proc gen and the rise of the indie dev.
>inb4 Roblox doesn't count cause it isn't as popular as MC
Roblox was, and is, very popular among little shits. The same little shits that made MC relevant.

Based and 2D pilled

>>Singlehandedly started the youtuber craze
>>Early access
those aren't things to be proud of

First one isn't even true as well.

Yes, but Notch took the code for Infiniminer after the original creator gave it up and made Minecraft with it.

>sales make something revolutionary
Yes
>what is CoD
lmao what a retard
Doesn't have to be positive to be revolutionary

>Where the actual fuck did I say the word "knew"
>Meanwhile nobody else gives a single fuck about minecraft at all
oh yeah so microsoft paid billions of dollars to buy a game that "nobody gave a single fuck about" LMFAO holy shit you're fucking dumb
stop embarrassing yourself dude seriously ROFL

>where did I say knew
>points to a spot where i SPECIFICALLY do not say knew
epic

Try learning to read please. Not even going to bother reading the rest of your post, you are clearly a fucking room temperature IQ mongoloid.

You really don't remember the MW let's play era? The machinima era, the Faze clan era? Do you really think MC is what made YouTube popular with gamers? You fucking absolute revisionist zoomer.

>Machinima
Yeah, I remember Halo. Not fucking CoD.
>Revisionist
Get the fuck off this board you child.

ok i was wrong about you saying "knew" :)
because that one word really makes you look soooooo much smarter :)

you claimed that minecraft, literally the most popular game in the world at the time and a game microsoft paid billions of dollars for 5 years ago, was a game that "nobody gave a fuck about" LMFAO
HOW FUCKING STUPID CAN YOU BE?
and you try to pretend that I'M the retard ROFL HILARIOUS

>Meanwhile nobody else gives a single fuck about minecraft at all
yep correct microsoft paid billions of dollars to buy a game that "nobody gave a single fuck about" LMFAO HOLY SHIT
YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT LOL

>Machinima
I almost forgot it existed
Looking back to it it was the last time the gaming community did creative things on YouTube. Ever since the Let's Play fad blew up it was all downhill from there

Disregarded the Machinima Mayhem and Let's Play X plague of early-ish YouTube doesn't mean it didn't happen you fucking trogdelyte.

>Singlehandedly started the youtuber craze
Pewdiepie and Amnesia : the Dark Descent would like to have a word with ya.

I never said it didn't happen m8.
I am just saying that lets plays skyrocketed with Minecraft.

Microsoft needs to stop being lazy fucks and actualy add stuff to the game, they Honestly have the possibility to be an adventurer game with a bunch of cool mobs and items but they don't take it for some reason.
Just add some light magic like being able to throw fire charges, and more random places to explore with actually good mobs.

Guess Singlehandedly was a bit too strong.
You are right.
Still Minecraft was extremely influential to the lets play community and still is to this day.

You haven't actually played Infiniminer, have you?
Minecraft has way more to it.

popularizing =! revolutionizing
especially when something was already a huge, huge fad. All it did was add 8 year olds to the mix of 14 year olds.

That is correct. Minecraft was stupid avant-gardist in many aspects and only fools will deny it. Loads of Yea Forumsirgins are still mad about Notch not exclusively catering to this board's ideas of designs like he used to back when the game was in early dev.

>you aren't a gamer,
And that's a good thing!
youtube.com/watch?v=peOOTd22mi0

Wurm Online predates Minecraft

Attached: like dis if u cri evritim.jpg (995x713, 59K)

Sadly, yes

>popularizing =! revolutionizing
that popularizing sets trends and eventually changes video games. Which revolutionizes it.
There wouldn't be shitty crafting mechanics if it wasn't for Minecraft. Roblox doesn't mean shit and doesn't even reach half the average playerbase of minecraft.
Early access too.
RNG is debatable, but it still helped.
Minecraft changed the industry and it is silly to think of it as anything else.