I’m about to buy one of these

Convince me to save my money Yea Forums

Attached: 6F657292-9264-4214-AABA-D78F16104A23.jpg (488x488, 19K)

i won't

Portable ps3? Wasn't that the vita?

wait until the new model for longer battery life, or get a series 1 switch for hackability.

If you hadn't felt the need to buy one before, there's no need to buy one now. BotW and Smash are the only halfway decent things on the console, but it's not worth buying a console for just two games.

Nintendo announced a newer switch model for later this year with a new processor that save on battery life. Buying a switch for full price now would be really boneheaded.

Buy the Switch when whatever Switch + is released.

One with better battery life that runs a bit cooler comes out in a few weeks, and the Lite comes out in a bit over a month if you want a handheld only switch.

Just two words.

J O Y C O N
D R I F T

I just shipped mine to Nintendo after the joycons broke and the fans stopped working. I barely played it too and usually kept it docked in my room while I was in school. Unless you really want at least 3 games on the switch I wouldnt do it.

Vita 2 Electric Bing Bing Wahoo. If you like Nintendo shit and thought the Vita was good in its later years them get a Switch.

>Im a soulless husk that doesnt like mario

user...

Do yourself a favour and get one where the RCM hack is still possible, even if you don't plan on cracking anything.
Make a complete NAND Backup and save it in the cloud or something.

It just takes an hour and can be done with a paper clip.
It will vastly increase your resell value if you want to sell it sometime.
If you keep it you always have the option to get everything out of it.
If you want to demo an exclusive you can disable internet, crack it, test the game and revert everything once you decided.

My favorite console I've ever owned. Can play console quality while lying in bed, what's not to love?

look up joycon drift

there are two newer versions of the switch coming out before the end of the year. just wait for those.

Toyetic

>$20 for p2p connection
>major games almost never get price drops
>Joycons are fragile
> port machine
>dock scrachs the screen
>no ethernet connection
also ps5 is coming

I was hesitant too and was also someone who skipped the WiiU and 8th gen in general. I also don't own any PlayStation consoles, although I've played some games with friends and think Sony has some great stuff.

Honestly, it's the most fun I've had with video games since I was a kid. I fit right into the market for a lot of the ports, though.

I've sank probably at least $1000 into it when taking into consideration all the games I've purchased + pro controller + travel case, but I actually am really enjoying it.

Yea Forums has a hate boner for it lately because it's succeeding and becoming popular

Look at the game list and decide if you want it. If there's less than 10 games you'd actually want to play on it, wait another year. Personally I'd wait another year to pick one up just for the upcoming revisions and animal crossing

JoyCons are trash and will break within a year, even if they don't break they're trash and Pro Controller for $70 is basically a must buy.
Portability is a meme, most good games are either online only or just have shitty controls in portable mode. Also, only autists actually play in public.
Hardware is absolute trash, there's absolutely no reason to buy multiplats on it, it's basically a console only made to play exclusives.
Online is ABSOLUTE TRASH and unironically the worst I've seen in fucking generations, there's so much to talk about the shitty online I'd recommend you to just look it up yourself.
The best exclusives (BotW and Odyssey) are MUCH better on PC.
Basically the only reason to buy a Switch is if you're interested in Smash, Splatoon or Mario Maker 2 since these aren't on PC.
Feature isn't looking too good either, Switch is already at it's limit with the current games since the hardware is so bad. Only games that will be good are the BotW sequel, Metroid 4 and SMTV, all of which don't even have a release year or gameplay trailers. Unless of course you are UNIRONICALLY looking forward to games that are not only for children but also bad in general like Pokemon or Animal Crossing.

Stealth revision comes out in like a month. Wait for that to come out since new Switches aren’t exactly exploitable anyways.

>no tropical freeze or splatoon

NGMI

wait for the pro, buy the games instead, that way once you got the console it will be like fucking christmas.

Attached: 1525721196147.jpg (604x487, 108K)

>ps5
Oh boy more over the shoulder movies

Joycon drift isn’t a single issue, it’s at least three different issues conflated into one issue by retardera.

Issue #1 - Bluetooth issue. This was a bigger issue with the launch batch and mostly affected the left stick. When playing a game your character will continue moving in a different direction other than the one you are pressing. Mitigated by removing reducing interference and staying close to the docked console.

Issue #2 - Joycon not centered. This happens when joycons power on and the analog sticks are not centered (aka you moved them either accidentally or deliberately). Can be fixed by calibrating joycons or simply powering them off and back on.

These two different issues are the primary cause of most drifting reports. Nintendo acknowledged the first issue after launch and had a recall for affected users. It was improved in later batches of joycons.

Issue #3 - Legit drifting analog sticks. This is caused by abuse, the same cause for legit drifting analog sticks on other platforms. Pressing down on the stick too hard, primarily the left one, and in general using an analog stick beyond its normal operating tolerance threshold. This is not a design flaw or a defect. It’s just that this issue now lives with reports of the above two issues which are magnified by the portable nature of detachable controllers. This issue does not happen enough to warrant a class action settlement.

Most drifting reports on retardera admit the issue is intermittent. But there really isn’t such a thing as an intermittent drift, if it’s intermittent it’s one of the first two issues. If it’s legit drift, it’s permanent. If you don’t have permanent drifting analog stick(s), you don’t have the issue

Odyssey was disappointing, not nearly as good as the Galaxy games.

Go ahead and spend your money. Hope you like last gen ports and Wii U games.

Attached: nintendont.jpg (660x495, 220K)

>cheap ass graphite pads that get damaged through normal use
>y-y-y-you're being too rough!
fuck off

Attached: 1557232377555.png (785x731, 201K)

Don't bother until they fix the stick drift issue.

Wait for the revision or Lite to come out you dumb fuck.

wii u's are cheaper with the same library

Okay Yea Forums, you’ve convinced me to save my wagie bux. Thanks vros

Wait until switch pro.
Or alternatively wait until it gets more games. I've played every single one that has interested me and I'm bored of it already.

Get the larger battery life version if you plan to play it mobile much. Other than that you should get one ASAP. I love it.

It's pretty cheap, just buy it bro.
Unless you're a poorfag, then don't buy it I supposed.

Attached: 1562812451222.gif (128x128, 10K)

Drifting is INEVITABLE because of the garbage graphite pads Nintendo somehow thought were acceptable. They wear down quickly with even moderate use no matter how gingerly you treat the sticks.

What games do you want to play?

Attached: 471223241.png (2427x1472, 3.37M)

>major games almost never get price drops
God this is what makes me reluctant investing in Nintendo because even after 3 or 4 years on the market shit will still be full price.

>SSB4.5
>Top Tier
This whole list is shit.

>pokken tournament, snipperclips, bayo, and xenoblade chronicles that high
>let’s go evee not low tier

Brought mario kart 8 first and hated it, every race is a dice roll

Brought hollow knight and adored it

Brought night in the woods and enjoyed it, although it wasn't great fun to play

Brought VALHALLA and fucking hated it, gave up halfway through

Brought stardew valley, got bored in a week

Gonna buy fire emblem next out of boredom. But beyond that I have no hopes or desires

You moron. No other control stick has this problem. It's a design flaw because they use dogshit chink materials

I only wanted it for Mario Maker 2 really...

How do people fall for this still when Let's go Eevee is listed in mid and Pikachu is in low?