He doesn’t get his games exclusively from goodwill

>He doesn’t get his games exclusively from goodwill

Attached: C2637922-CD38-422E-B403-40E0D3643BC5.jpg (572x360, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cbSgb9dngRI
twitch.tv/idatan
capitolfax.com/2019/07/16/170k-goodwill-director-lays-off-low-wage-workers-citing-minimum-wage-law-that-doesnt-apply-but-son-makes-96k/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My goodwill selling current gen games. I got god of war for like 5 bucks

I refuse to buy from thrift stores after buying a CRT that was full of bedbugs

>random ass sports game
>random ass sports game
>The Sims
>a movie
>random ass sports game

I can't. not with modern PC games.

>going to a garbage dump to buy vidya
im not that desperate

>doesn’t clean the shit he buys at a thrift store

Reminder anything worth good value never makes to stores and goes to online auction

I just go to the resale shop. They started doing preorders for new games.

Attached: 4b3984a1da302e75650536cb6f1025bb420637a5_hq.jpg (1024x768, 39K)

How do you think I found out about the bugs in the first place you fucking idiot

You're right, I don't, because I don't play years-out-of-date FIFA or other sportsball games, or shitty movie tie-in shovelware, which is all you will find of vidya in pretty much any Goodwill you walk into.

i got DMC1 for 3 bucks from a Goodwill

Saw Windwaker once. Almost bought it but even buffing the disc would not get that mess to work again

My local Goodwill had one of these Punch-Out gloves near the front for several months for like $100.

Attached: 419o5dxf5xl_aa280_.jpg (626x443, 16K)

I got a moogle plush for two bucks and a sega genesis with a sega cd + two controllers and sonic only for 20 bucks

>every goodwill near me only has outdated sports games
At least I got that samurai PS2 controller

>Got bunch of PS2 games from the local thrift store
>ZoE2
>Disgeae 1/2
>Makai Kingdom
>gitaroo man

No thanks, I already got DDR MAX/Extreme/Supernova. Last time I bought a game there, it was an old Fifa game for me and a friend to play in hotels while we were out traveling. I like to buy cd's there though.

Every single pair of pants at goodwill has been shit in and at least 48% of all the clothes were what person was wearing when they died.

Recent hauls:

Black Gamecube (working) - $2
Blazblue CSE x360 - $5
Mass Effect 3 - $2
Ace Combat 5 - $2

Best thing I've found lately is a perfect condition Xbox One controller for 3 bucks. Some dumbass must've thought it was 360 controller.

It's been over a decade since the last time I saw great stuff I've found there, the only occasional game they get nowadays is cd-rom shovelware

>thinks you can clean microscopic eggs that can lay dormant for years until the right hatching conditions are present

just carrying the thing in your house is going to deposit eggs everywhere

Goodwill employee here, AMA.

Attached: 1560186961156.gif (205x185, 47K)

Why do you guys never wipe down the shelves

a perfect condition 360 con is worth more than a one con considering they don't make them anymore and it's a better controller

They never have anything good anymore everyone just sells the good shit online for inflated prices because retards will pay more without thinking.

How much shit do you pocket

Whats the worst thing you seen donated?

hi jason

>collect Metal Gear paraphernalia
>thousand dollars worth of rare shit
>games, figures, old pamphlets, posters, gizmos, etc.
>dad stops at a goodwill so i check out electronics
>fucking find this AND MGS VR missions on the shelf next to each other

what the actual fuck was that day

Attached: 1556855328093.jpg (640x908, 93K)

Can't speak for all of them, but at my store it's a combo of not enough time\workers to get all the tasks done for the day. Let alone clean everything.
Nothing. I don't even like used stuff myself. Plus, they are ALWAYS watching.
Off the top of my head? A big bag full of used thongs.

Attached: 1560465109472.jpg (1024x834, 84K)

im looking at video games on the good will store, specifcally ps2. i'm seeing a lot of good deals. lots of "$25 for 10 games (2 of which are decent, the rest are crap) and the console with controllers. better deals than amazon.

I got a ff7 black label at goodwill

what a find

can I offer a lower price for something I think is worth less than what you're asking for it or nah?

Then what are you complaining about? The shit there is used and probably came from people who died. As long as you clean it out good it's fine, unless you're a pussy and are scared of bugs

Got 11 Naruto volumes for like 20 dollars from here a couple weeks ago. Decent I guess.

Depends on who you ask. Managers, or whoever is in charge, will more times then not knock a few dollars off. We also get a lot of people on work releases, they also couldn't give two craps about making something cheaper.

I live in brazil, no goodwill and if there was one, 98% of the games would be fifa.

You should never buy used electronics period. It's a house fire waiting to happen.

The best thing I've ever got from a goodwill was a PC copy of Silent Hill 3, CIB, and in pretty good shape.

I already got most or all of the older games I'd want, and any I don't have I use flashcarts for anyway. To be fair most of my retro collection is almost entirely thanks to my older sister doing tons of goodwill dives for games before the market went nuts. I'm positive that's how she got ahold of a Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak, and she didn't even know it was rare at the time.

im usually looking for electronics like crts/keyboards/audio and basically other computer related things at thrift stores

I have a buddy that works warehouse there and he says everyone that works there is crazy

Is that the norm?

yo my buds worked at a goodwill or salvation army or some shit like that. they got this locked briefcase donated to them and when they busted it open they found thousands of dollars in canadian bills. they stuffed that shit in their pants quick

you ever get any fleshlights?

"Crazy" is a bit harsh, simply because GW is known for giving actual, hard working disabled people tons of jobs. BUT on the other hand, it manages to attract every other kind of bottom of the barrel type of person too. Like me.
I wouldn't doubt it. Personally, I've only heard of a dildo being donated.

Attached: 1560793622922.png (1242x2208, 1.08M)

Ehhhh you can get some cheap but quality things that would go for more online or look tacky if bought new like rare appliances and kitchen ware (popcorn makers, air fryers, cocktail shakers, beer steins). Also plenty of decent and unusual furniture like solid wood chairs. Sometimes you'll even have a place stocking original art thats not awful but without a known name of course (if you're in a college town especially). Hospice stores, which are were old people donate their things before they die, usually have an arrangement of interesting things. Of course most of everything you see is just junk you don't need.

Not him, but I worked at Goodwill for a summer and someone tried to donate a bunch of used sex dolls.

>A big bag full of used thongs.
So, do you know what they looked like and do you still have them? I'm just curious. Where are you anyways? Can't imagine anyone doing that around where I live, just curious.

Goodwill smells like poor people. I refuse to go there.

What's an indicator for bedbugs in electronics? I recently got a CRT at a yard sale and now you've made me paranoid.

>tried

you mean you refused his generosity?

bedbugs and bedbug shit and piss stains

Don't worry, I am not using it in a negative context. It's better to employ the "unemployables" than not, and the job honestly sounds alright and pays above minimum wage, which beats other unskilled opportunities.

but at least fast food doesn't have to deal with used fursuits

>city is 30% black
>Goodwill vidya is just sports shit with some fps sprinkled in

Attached: 1563579825358.jpg (270x270, 16K)

Where are Goodwills with any actual games in 2019? All the ones in my area have the best items skimmed off for their auction site while the employees steal anything decent that gets through to the store.

what do the first two look like?
also any specific scents that indicate it?
I got my CRT at a yard sale; does that mean it's okay?

Sorry user, I don't think your mom is gonna want her bag back.
Yeah, it's not the worst job in the world. You just have to make sure to take a really nice, hot, shower when you get home.
>but at least fast food doesn't have to deal with used fursuits
The day I see someone hanging up one of those, is the day I take up drinking.

My buddy has seen 2 so far, including a Scooby Doo one

Just flip the TV on whatever side has vents if you see some shit that looks like breadcrumbs or burnt plastic falling out of those vents its pretty good sigh there's bed bugs in their

>he pays literal money for video games

Damn son they could buy like 4 Canadian steaks and some celery with that dosh.

I actually ended up buying Panzer Dragoon Saga from a Goodwill in Ohio years ago. No case but all 4 disks were present. This was before they started paying attention to shit like that obviously.

Goodwill is corporate.

Fuck Goodwill.

Not him, but the house I rented a room in for grad school became infested with bedbugs due to my landlady renting out one of the rooms on Airbnb.
Bed bug shit is black and looks almost like someone took a magic marker and made little dots. It was all near the crevices of the wooden bed frame. It has an almost “sweet” smell to it. Look for baby bed bugs too; they are very very tiny and translucent at their early stage of development. Then they begin to look more “solid” (White) before turning black.
If you wake up with even a single painfully itchy bump on yourself, it’s serious. Regularly check your bedsheets for little splotches of blood (either from your bites or from rolling over while you sleep and squishing them). They will come out to feast when you sleep because they can tell you’re asleep due to the change of your body temperature and breathing.
They are highly resistant to poisons and they, as a colony, can live without food for up to a year. The most reliable method of killing them is by heat treatment.

I once saw a wii with 4 motion plus remotes, nunchuks, and a couple of pro controllers for $20 and I didn't buy it. I still regret and think about it often. I was there looking for a windbreaker and had ridden there without a backpack.
Anyway, goodwill sucks and the salvation army is much better.

What's the best day to go in for newly stocked stuff?

tfw goodwill is corporate cancer that kill yardsales

I guess I'm good then.
I never want to encounter a bedbug infestation in my house, so the idea of buying a crt only for it to be a vessel for them scared the shit out of me.

The only games I got from Goodwill were Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Disney Infinity 2.0 Avenger set, but without the game.

We're always putting out new stuff every single day. Do your local stores not do that?

>Go to goodwill
>People with fucking barcode scanners going through every thing in the store
>Ask where the games are
>They're all behind a glass jewlery case
>Prices are all so high there's no point in buying anything
>Find out later they put all their good stuff on shopgoodwill.com (their auction site)
>Literally nothing good filters down to the store for regular people to buy
I don't like goodwill. They're not even a charity like the salvation army.

Attached: ok.gif (222x379, 2.87M)

I don't go often enough to keep track of inventory. I'm only in there once every couple of months so by then the whole store has turned over. I was just curious, it makes sense they stuff would be coming out every day.

little black beads of digested blood. If you're bringing a CRT into your home put it into an airtight garbage bag, put it out on your lawn for 24 hours in the hot sun, and THEN bring it inside. Bedbugs cannot survive anything past 150 degrees or so, and a crt inside a garbage bag in the sun is the easiest way I can think of to kill anything even resembling one.

Attached: please standby.jpg (1080x1350, 230K)

Worked Goodwill when was 18 for 3 months. Stole so much shit from the inside. So easy. Just put everything I wanted in a garbage bag and take it out back towards your car. Did that about 14 times easy. Got HUNK, Chris and Leon Resident Evil figures in box, GTA V for 360, Smash Bros 3DS like a week into the launch. Working SNES, working NES, OOT, Mario Kart 64 holy shit so many GBA games. Lot of the time I'd just huck em at the local pawn and GameStop. Good times.

I go to BookOff not CuckWill

Attached: IMG_3801.jpg (1280x960, 513K)

How often do you deal with bedbugs, roaches, fleas, & other creepy crawlies?

Retard

I got my CRT about a month ago and brought it into my house without doing anything like that; would they have already infested by now?

>be me
>broke high school student circa 2011
>start going to thrift stores
>would always go straight to the vhs section
>buy a new movie every week and watch it over the weekend
>vhs collection grew super huge, watched at least a thousand movies
>did this until I graduated
>decided to go back recently and do it again
>vhs tapes are no where to be seen
>thousands of dvds, even some blu-rays
>tfw you've long enough to see vhs completely die as a format

Attached: 1560960030969.jpg (446x362, 28K)

>He goes to goodwill
>Not kijiji

Sorry everyone, but I got to go now. Thanks for helping me pass the time. I hope I was able to give some of you the answers you were asking for.

Attached: 1558723319418.gif (480x270, 2.85M)

wouldn't that fry the TV as well?

Book-off is nice but all the ones near me closed up and the next closest one is out of the way a couple towns over.

I have gotten some good shit from thrift stores.
Oh man, sorry dude.

As I recall they can live almost a year without blood. I fucking hate bedbugs. Ended up using so much food grade diatomacious earth to get rid of them, then I had to steam clean every nook & cranny of my bedroom. They'll probably come back one day. I check the seams of my bed every night just in case, but I developed PTSD from it over time. Video games.

Attached: I accept this too.jpg (500x427, 95K)

fuck go all out and buy a pack Molson's with what you could get for the briefcase!

The fuck do you live? In Massachusetts and NYC, there's fucking nothing. And I've WORKED at a Goodwill. I knew what was coming in. Jack shit mostly. Some sports games and Wii shovelware.

I just checked their website, holy shit who do these people think they are?! $40 for Cuck Man X CIB? Shit I bought my copy of RockMan X for ¥2,500 CIB. Mario Kart 64 no box for $12?!?! Holy shit, Dr. Mario no box $5 that's what I paid for my Famicom copy CIB damm what a fucking rip

i never understood the thrift store meme. I dont know if its just stores in my area but literally all they ever have is old sports games. ive never found anything worthwhile in thrift stores.

Nothing inside a CRT is going to fry at 150 degrees. Feel free to correct me but electrical components are usually rated for way higher temps. It's possible a leaking capacitor could get worse. Better than having bedbugs anyway.

You can still buy them new and sealed on Amazon. Pretty sure last gen consoles are still being made for the 3rd world market.

I have one a 5 minute walk from me, another a 30 minute walk, and 2 a 10 minute train ride away.
just visiting those stores on my twice a year trips to Japan I walk away with usually 25 games at least. My first trip I bought around a 150 games.

>get PC game from goodwill
>CD key doesn't work
>find rare NES-001
>sell it for $13,000 on eBay

Attached: nes goodwill.jpg (3264x1840, 760K)

Before retro vidya became popular, you could find gems. Now, with the reseller scum and people wanting to collect, there's mostly nothing left except that -- old sports games. I used to yard sale and thrift store shop every weekened a couple of years ago for vidya, and thrift stores took a giant dip in gems. Found all my shit in yard sales or flea markets.

Meanwhile at BookOff, I can get a CIB Famicom, MegaDrive, Super Famicom for $20 each.
Hey even bother with this piece of shit store?

But I'm asking how long it takes for them to start being a noticeable issue? I got this CRT a month ago; in the worst case scenario where the CRT does have bedbugs, wouldn't they have already arisen and sucked me dry (not in the good way)?

those are chinese knockoffs

Thrifting has been mostly dead for years now. I'm sure a large part also depends on how sticky your local thrift store's employee's fingers are.

>NES-001
aren't all 1st model NES' called that?

There's one in New York City but it says it's just a book store. Are they lying?

I went to GoodWill in the 2000's all they had back then was Genesis sports games

It's dumb luck or autistic dedication. You probably have to go every day or just stumble in as one of the employees is stocking a gamecube. It's also too late for most thrift stores. The internet has made it too easy for people to check the going rate before donating something. I've had decent luck at flea markets. Never with people specializing in vidya, they think all old shit is gold. You want to look for old people or Hispanics that just have a pile of miscellaneous shit.

Pretty sure they're not. If you buy directly from Amazon's stock and not a 3rd party seller at least

goodwill's the reason i started collecting skylanders
2.99 tops apiece is irresistible

I didn't even know they had them in America they sell everything there. Games, manga, books, movies, anime, clothes, TV's, instruments
And because it's Japanese everything is high quality, I bought Pokemon games CIB in the "junk" section that were literally in mint condition for $5 all they needed was a new battery

>Found all my shit in yard sales or flea markets.
>Really cool flea market near me
>The guy who sells games has great stuff but eBay prices
Sigh

there are some super expensive vhs tapes out there since it's the only way to see certain movies or versions

even after then, all my /vr/ consoles came from a thrift store, and every n64 game I owe came from one store having a shitton at one random time
>that time I found a boxed nes
>it was only $30
>box was decent, inside had the styrofoam, console, and some random bootleg games, no controllers or cables
>"eh I already have a working one"
>my dumb 14 year old self thought it was some weird rip off because I never heard anyone call it a command deck until it was too late to come back

I haven't been to a Goodwill in almost a decade. But the last time I did I got SNES Robocop Vs. Terminator for $3. Should check it out again

What country are you in?

did you create this thread

I can't stand DVD, the quality is too clear and it makes a lot of movies look awful.
Thankfully, I didn't fall for their Jewish tricks and I never really bought any DVD's or Blu Rays. Everything I watch is still on VHS, in fact I'm watching a tape right now

Would using a blacklight do anything to find them?

You’re better off going to a local thrift shop or a flea market than goodwill

my strategy for dealing with bedbugs if I ever get them is to go on chemotherapy and poison their food source

I got a few sets of them at a pawn shop I frequent and now I own too many of them.
Are the games even any good?

I had a couple of guys like that, I have no idea how their "Stores" are even open, those faggots are asking insane prices for the most retarded shit

what you need to do is scope out the latina mother selling her kids's shit. best deal I ever got was a GameCube + 2 Controllers + GameBoyPlayer + TLOZ: Master Collection + Super Mario Advance 4. All for $20. Helps I know Spanish, too, so I could haggle. Left there like a bandit.

I also revisited that same flea market a year later and bought a Sega Genesis Model 2 for $3. Three. Dollars.

Attached: happy piccolo.jpg (477x330, 23K)

Canada, but I spend a quarter of the year in Japan

>got dmc, mgs2, and wrath of cortex all for 12 buck

Attached: faceapp-MGS1-Solid-Snake.jpg (465x430, 28K)

sweet bro, whatcha watchin?

one time I went to a local flea market and got a model 3 genesis, 6-pak, and castlevania bloodlines for $3.

I got my Wii at a thrift store for $5. They're pretty great.

Encino Man

Attached: IMG_3803.gif (500x297, 426K)

there are none being sold by amazon. there are some being fullfilled by amazon, but that's not the same thing

Southern Cali, Pasadena to be more precise.

classic

>My local goodwill is filled with fuckers scanning items with their phones thinking they can flip.

I don't know, but I I'm guessing that I'd be having bedbugs right now if there were any in my CRT, since it takes like a week for bedbug eggs to hatch.

Real question, isn't goodwill supposed to be for poor people?

This isn't a "I'm too good for that!" viewpoint, more of a "leave the good cheap stuff to the less fortunate".

user is the greaziest vato I ever witnessed, so don't harsh his gig, buuuuuuuuuudeeeeeeeeeeee

right on, user

Attached: 1538010462513.gif (226x224, 182K)

I like that salvation army on Del Mar blvd. I found a couple of yotsuba books there for .50¢ once. I tried the rose bowl flea market for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Holy shit what a rip off and waste of time but a friend said it was fun. There was a lady selling two gamecube for $25 each, each with a controller with decent analog sticks.

That online store and resellers fucked up game collecting forever.

i think they're solid action rpgs but i can't play em for long
then again i don't do much couch gaming nowadays

i still think collecting the figures at lowered prices is worth it, same with all the grinding you can do in-game with em
bottom line, both the games and figures are cool

My Goodwill told me to fuck off.

Wheeze the juice

Attached: IMG_3804.gif (500x270, 926K)

mods, ban anyway talking about Goodwill

Attached: 30601718_2029291874059778_6386524839103954944_n.jpg (640x640, 41K)

Literally all my consoles that I currently have are from goodwill. Last week bought a used wii, mario kart wii, Zelda TTLP, and Redsteel for $15

Ban emuniggers
Ban digicucks
Ban dubfags

I cant imagine how bad you must smell in order for Goodwill to have told you that.

What are you're best finds Yea Forums. Found Earthbound for $7 and a couple months later at the same Goodwill I got Tomba for $3

Is there a single thrift shop in existence that doesn't have at least one Wii Balance Board?

got paper mario TTYD for $3
also plenty of rare 80s casio keyboards
goodwill is based

I feel like I have an excellent sense for when something is absolutely worthless and

I got my copy of Mother 2 CIB for ¥1,500 so $7 for a loose cart seems pretty reasonable

My goodwill literally just sells clothes and dirty furniture.

And they all have dirty foot prints on them

>buy OG Xbox game I always wanted to play
>get to excited and forget to check the disc
>scratched to shit
like clockwork...

Not really. Their purpose as a non-profit is actually to help veterans, disabled people, and people with no work experience find jobs and get help starting their careers. The stores are just how they fund themselves.

Goodwill is a pretty shit place for electronics cause all the good donations get sent to warehouses to be auctioned on their website. I accidentally donated a mint PS2 slim while I was donating boxes of clothes and somehow my box with the PS2 and some games in it got in the mix.

in otherwords, all your goodwill sells are bedbug delivery devices

get your shit from a pawnshop, this ps4 (slim, i think?) cost like 55 bucks and a copy of destiny 2 for only 7.54 and the free month of psn still worked on top of the 2 week trial i got from makin an account. i expected that for 50 bucks (but no power cord or controller, i had to buy those seperately) it would be a total piece of shit that doesn't work. but it works perfectly fine and i've been using it for roughly 2 weeks

Attached: snoy.jpg (4160x3120, 3.86M)

>find witcher 1 case
>everything is in it, the manual, even the extra discs like the soundtrack and the making of shit are shiny clean with no finger prints or scratches
>the discs that actually fucking install the game are missing

mostly sports games and ps3 games i could download on my modded system is all i could find

With the power of 10 full grown men at a fighting game tournament.

Interesting. Never knew that.

>donating
imagine giving free shit to a multi billion dollar company whose CEO makes millions while abusing a loophole that allows them to pay their employees below minimum wage, sometimes paying them even pennies an hour

you wouldn't buy a fucking pound of ground beef from the supermarket and give it to your local McDonald's would you?

>tfw I'm the guy who goes to every store in my area and buys up all of the retro games.

Attached: Picture_1.jpg (600x550, 43K)

Got halo for pc and zoo tycoon 2

>donate a dollar to charity
>$0.10 goes to the actual cause
>the rest goes to paying CEOs 6-7 figures and overheard
genius

Sorry you live with spics

Donating at Goodwill is just a nice way of saying "It was closer than the dump and I don't need to provide proof of residency to dump it"

Fuck You!

better than the gubment doing it. gubment would keep 99 cents fer itself. freemarket private enterprise is the only way. Ayn Rand Ayn Rand Ayn Rand Ayn Rand

Just put them of the freezer for a day

I once boughr a camera lens full of spiders and that did the trick

this desu
>say that you're hiring veterans/disabled
>pay them $2/hour because of a loophole
based

Every goodwill has a copy of Diablo 2 as well

literally was complaining in a different thread about how i bought 22 dollars worth of retro games and brought it to game store and they offered me 3 dollars or seven credit

Go to lessbig cities

Won this TV on their online auction site. It's a pretty cool tv, has it's own cable management and cover. Literally not one person tried to outbid me on it for an entire week cause it's a 4:3 TV (looks widescreen from the back because it has speakers on the sides).

Attached: tv.png (822x1042, 1.2M)

same with walmart and it's full price

I dont know about that. sounds like bullshit.

Attached: 1563577385001.png (172x204, 71K)

>go to Goodwill
>find Tribes 2
>open it up
>disc 2 is missing
>find C&C Tiberian Sun
>open it up
>Nod disc is missing
I already owned both anyways, but Goodwill is nearly always shit in my experience for vidya. I did get a CIB copy of Descent about a decade back, though. And jewelcase copies of Diablo Hellfire and Darkseed 2.

Sorry buddy gotta pay my bills. Plus I'm not a huge dick, I leave things that I have multiples of and/or things I can't move quickly.

Nah fuck you I got a nice ass coat in near perfect condition that was worth around 200 dollars for about 14

This.
I hate ebay so much.

no. he means goodwills online auctions. not ebay

I just remember the time I saw a some old fuck snatch up a boxed copy of Dr. Mario just as a kid was about to grab it. Dude must've been there for hours waiting as they stock shelves because he had a cart but only a Zapper, a SNES, and the copy of Dr. Mario. There wasn't even any cords for the SNES, and when I told him he got all bitchy at me saying it doesn't need that. What an asshole.

Goodwill is where I buy my work shirts cause I got a dirty ass job and go through them every month or two. I don't buy used jeans though that's crossing the line for me.

Kek. I sold some guy my PS4 full of roaches. If you plan on buying used electronics, always expect to clean them immediately.

Goodwill stores sell on ebay, too.

That looks really cool

youtu.be/cbSgb9dngRI
Some people still find a lot of good shit

not vidya

My mom donated my entire NES/SNES/Genesis collection to a goodwill while I was away at a school one day. Now I have this irrational and pathological hatred for that place.

Why? I can't recall the last thing I purchased online other than from eBay. I'd buy more but I'm currently looking for a job.

How in the fuck do you not see bed bugs in the case when buying it?

>buy expensive stuff on ebay
>place it on a goodwill shelf
>pretend you found it there
>get millions of viewers
>make $$$$$ in ad revenue
>repeat
Pretty brilliant scheme desu

Because you stay inside your fucking gated communities you bourgeoisie fuck.

i have like 5 goodwills at a decent driving distance from me and none of them have anything good anymore.

It was the limited-edition Adam Jensen coat

If you meant specifically vidya than I don't know as I've never bothered checking for it there.

after my experience with bedbugs years ago. if i ever see a single one in my house again i will immediately burn everything i own and an hero right there. not even being edgy.

It was at a local thrift store but I picked up a copy of Civilization with the floppy disks and the instruction manuals for only $2. Best find I've ever seen

lol I lived in the inner city of chicago my whole life, wannabe suburbs

Found these at pennywise for $5 each. Also found an almost mint Gamecube Twilight Princess with the instruction booklet and Amagi Brilliant Park for $5 each as well.

Attached: 20190308_141554.jpg (2560x1440, 1.27M)

>Parents come into store with Rubbermaid bins full of children's toys and clothes
>Mother is weeping uncontrollably the whole time
Why do people always offload their dead kids junk onto goodwill?

They ripped you off, CIB super Metroid and starfox are ¥500

One of the first things I took when working at Goodwill

Attached: goodwill_loot.jpg (600x500, 55K)

do you have a fight song?

Just a heads up for you bros, Gamestop has a deal this week to get 3 games that are usually $9.99 each for $15. I'm gettin' Metal Gear Solid 5, Killzone Shadowfall, and The Order.

Yeah it's :Cheer Cheer for Ol' Notre Dame"

the real lament is that a person doesn't have to be savvy to know what their junk is worth anymore. getting a great deal on stuff feels like a thing of the past, everyone just checks ebay prices

I just wanted to have a copy of them and shipping would cost about the same anyways.

How shit is your goodwill? I found rayman 2 on the n64 once

yeah, and yet another reason why every retard out there having access to the internet in their pocket was a mistake. I hate when I go in a game store and there's a dude looking at his phone, and back to the games. Been like that for years now too.

>I'm gettin' Metal Gear Solid 5, Killzone Shadowfall, and The Order.
None of these are worth even 5 bucks.

interesting

Believe me, I knew there would be at least one arbiter of good taste with a comment about that, but luckily for me, I don't care. That's a solid 2 weeks of gaming right there for 15 bucks.

I got Saga Frontier II and Mega Man Legends 2 in box a few months ago from a Goodwill for like $5 a pop. Haven't played them yet but apparently they can be pretty pricey if you buy them off the interbutt.

I probably should have combed through that stack of PS1 games more carefully though might have been more stuff in there they were all gone the next time I came through.

I live in Las Vegas so Mexicans and drug addicts steal all the goods

totally dude
i have a ton of VHS around, been picking up Cannon films like Death Wish.

Nah I was just kidding. the real fight song is "what do we do with a drunken sailor"

Enjoy your games then.

Attached: 1494874826481.jpg (600x600, 54K)

>stealing from a charity shop
Fucking piece of shit

NO WHEEZING THE JUICE!

craigslist is the only place I EVER get good deals on stuff.

were you one of their "reformation" hires who couldn't get a job anywhere else because your a felon

Attached: microexpressions-disgust.jpg (524x336, 29K)

In my area Craigslist is just Ebay or idiots that don't know how to ship so they want you to pick it up. Lot of "I KNOW WHAT I GOT" types for anything and everything.

twitch.tv/idatan

Ok I apologize user.

How can you tell the difference between that and some mosquitoes getting in though?

I used to work in one. Employees basically got first dibs. Me and this one dude played Rock Paper Scissors for a copy of diddy kong racing

It's this, children/edutainment vidya, old copies of games like rollercoaster tycoon, and 5/10 QUALITY games no one has ever heard of.

Attached: putt putt hot diggity.jpg (2980x2165, 553K)

Any AZfags here? Bookman's is pretty good. Mostly a used book store and what I go to it for, but their vidya section is amazing as well.
>got my second gamecube for $40, still works perfectly several years later
>only games that are a pretty penny are the super popular ones like Mario and Final Fantasy, everything else is pretty cheap and you're bound to find a few good deals

Attached: guts yes.jpg (87x125, 4K)

I found WWE 2K15 for $5 sealed for PS3. I regret buying it tbqh

Fuck Bookmans desu. They overprice just about everything. I personally like Zias more.

Bought a beatmania ps2 controller for $3, pretty sick deal

I'm thinking about doing that too.

Is it really good?

Attached: 1562960060309.png (1570x2248, 3.47M)

Do I look Mexican?

>oy vey thats right goyim. only the dirty mexicans go there for their retro games. just stop on by to ebay, buy one of those or better yet visit your local game stop! They are carrying retro gaming stuff now. i mean you are not poor are you?

That's a slim indeed, and you're right, pawn shops are a good place to find games and accessories, but I know at least around where I live I gotta watch because I've noticed that pawn shops don't routinely change the prices on their games to reflect the market, like a locally owned used game store does. I've seen the same games sit in those stores for awhile and never have their prices changed, even when I know they dropped lower elsewhere. I guess it's just like anything else, just try to know what you're buying before you buy it.

Thank you sir :)

I've bought sealed Playstation 1 games at Goodwill, and then I get them home and I'm like "What the fuck did I buy this for?" I've done that a lot with Goodwill games. I'm a sucker for a deal I guess. But I am now the owner of a sealed TYCO R/X Assault with a Battery that I'll never play.

well, it's the only place in my area where you can find people selling stuff who actually just want to get rid of it and are too lazy to ship it to make it happen. there are apps that parallel craigslist now like letgo that actually get some pretty decent deals on too.

>see goodwill thread
>ctrl+f
>no mention of guitar hero

Sucks that you guys have failed to find the gold mine of Guitar Hero/Rock Band cheap equipment that is Goodwill.

Attached: guitars.jpg (2016x1512, 403K)

>google search brings back no results
is that yours?

bed bug eggs are tiny as fuck and almost impossible to kill

yeah this is my collection, pictures pretty old i got a lot of new ones

I got a copy of Monster Hunter and .hack// Vol.1 at a Goodwill which was really nice because I had a dickass friend in highschool who stole mine to pawn it for weed money.
Don't trust poor people, all they do is steal from you and feel justified in doing it because they're poor.

I got one of the DDR games and a couple Xbox games at Goodwill. Was kind of cool, I guess. A better find was the DDR pad and DDR Supernova I got for 10 bucks off a middle-aged mom on Craigslist. Still looking for another pad, so I can have 2.

My local goodwill only has x360 sports games and gt3 on ps2. It sucks. But goodwill is good for getting cheap furniture though.

Nigga what?

Attached: 1338139017195.png (597x769, 575K)

I don't see the special edition case version of DJ Hero in that collection user. Guess who has 2 thumbs and found one for PS3 at a used game store for like $30? THIS GUY

>copy of halo 2 disc working beautifully
>artbook for halo
>resident evil 4 working
>a nice GameCube blue with controller
>shit ton of GBA games and ds games
All for under 40 bucks. Not bad

What's the one guitar that looks like it has real strings on it?

New england pawn shops are no better than ebay. All these niggas have atleast a 10% mark up on ebay or game stop prices. Can barely haggle a rapier I found without the guy saying its from the 13th century thats worth 10 grand

>thinks based clint would be that much of a fag
You are so fucking retarded it hurts desu

HURRR DURRR I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT JAPANESE GAMES ARE WORTH FAR LESS

that is such a horrible button layout. totally useless for superior japanese figtan games

>finding literally anything salvageable in a goodwill
where the hell do you people live?
i went to one recently and there was only a small line of "tech" and it was mostly grandma-tier junk

Attached: 1440155562658.jpg (640x512, 58K)

Yeah it's an ebin meme from some faggot american show

That's guitar

I've been skipping Goodwill. I haven't found anything good in years, the media section is too small, and a lot of strange people hang around there. Like, there's usually a person sleeping in the furniture section.

I like going to Savers, Pawn America, and a local indoor flea market.

It's hit or miss. I have like 3 stores near me, so I can do the rounds every once in awhile. I found box copies of Icewind Dale, Age of Mythology, Oni, Command and Conquer: The First Decade set and Crysis all in very good to near mint condition for 3 dollars a piece at one store. It's been awhile since I went and looked at any of the locations though.

Guitar Anti-Hero?

I'm working a summer job at a local thrift store as a sorter/clerk. It's great as even though the pay is shit, I essentially get first pick of all the stuff that comes in. Already got a copy of Paper Mario TYD, Zelda 4 swords, folklore (ps3), and a ton of blu-rays and good cds.

Some Goodwills are set up with a separate computer / tech section. Like, not just a shelf, I mean sectioned-off floor space with its own staff.

gottem

Attached: djrenegade.jpg (2016x1512, 310K)

They never have any games

That's a Rock Band Pro Jaguar guitar, it also works as a midi controller if you're a masochist.

Just crack it.

Go in the morning, people go to goodwill to buy shit and flip it on ebay

Nvm im a retard its a Rock Band Mustang Pro guitar

are you black?

Goodwill just sells all the good stuff on their auction website. Better than Ebay, but not by much

Wait what the fuck? Really?

Attached: 1550087070443.png (276x292, 55K)

>get PC game from goodwill
>CD key doesn't work
yeah let me just buy this game, open it, not play it, then get rid of it

>go to jail for shoplifting your own property

>go to goodwill for first time
>everything is trash and video game selection is non existent
>browse cd bin
>find medievil in there for like a $1
ever since then though i havent been able to find ANYTHING at goodwill

Attached: 3pvj7790mjq21.jpg (640x730, 26K)

isn't 500 jap dollars equal to 5 real dollars?

No problem user.

>he doesn't get all his games for free on the internet

I get all my games free in the internet but I go to goodwill for shirts, jackets, books, and cruise through the electronics for fun. I buy hard copies of stuff when it's cheap as fuck.

Do you drop your pants to your ankles when you use a urinal?

>used clothes
please kill yourself freak

i got the orange box from a goodwill years ago for pc and all the keys worked for me

Attached: 1522896172042.jpg (1600x1600, 144K)

>that guy who got ran over on his way home after buying a physical release of the orange box on PC so it ended up at Goodwill
It's better he passed away before seeing Valve turn into what they are now.

>what is a washing machine
man it must suck being poor.

Charities have to make their shit public for this very reason. Do your fucking research.

>nobody here has ever been to a goodwill outlet

You all are like little baby

Attached: big-blue-bins.jpg (982x711, 154K)

not a charity, they're a non-profit

based

Attached: think before you donate.png (521x465, 337K)

That's the fun of Goodwill, it's like going on a treasure hunt. Most times, yes, you will be walking out of the store empty handed. But the one time you stop in, and there's 10 wii games on the shelf, and you find Punch-Out, Trauma Team New Blood and Second Opinion, and Excite-bots, maybe even a copy of Mega man Collection for Gamecube, you will feel like you struck gold. But you shouldn't be going to far out of your way to get there, I mean if the nearest Goodwill is 30 minutes away, you'll lose money in the long run.

I found in the day time is obviously a better time to get lucky, because everyone's at work still. And also, see if you can chat up one of the employees and find out what they do when they get donated games, like what time does new stock get put on shelves. there may be a best time or a best day of the week to go.

OOOOH

Attached: 245215412542.gif (350x254, 2.76M)

>they started sending rare shit to their online store to sell at ebay prices
My only finds were ssbm for $3 and super punch out for $2.

Attached: 1541227780661.gif (240x180, 2.85M)

Cool I've never heard of that before. I'll have to look it up and see how it works.

>that fucking ghost

Attached: 1476522954906.jpg (547x480, 16K)

Gregg?

Attached: giphy.gif (316x300, 881K)

Agreed, you're not a real man until you've dug through broken glass.

Oh shit

Attached: 1550453563090.png (426x458, 185K)

I do this and I have a collection that is roughly worth close to 5k not including consoles and other various hardware.
I feel bad because I stopped picking stuff up due to Homebrew being so much more convenient nowadays. I still go occasionally to pick up console accessories like light guns and the odd "real" controller.
One thing I've learned is that software piracy is easy, hardware piracy is a headache.

based

Smells like death since most of the stuff comes from people that died

Goodwill's are kind of a shit show. Find local charity shops, that's where the good shit is.

>$0.00 goes to help anyone
>except for the thousands of jobs created which are payed for by selling your donations
I dont know man sounds like 99% of my donations are helping the needy.
This niggas probably rolling in his grave over amazon.

peak capitalism

I got a phat PS2 for 15 bucks a few months ago.

Why are comic book issues sold as much as their cover price

saw a tiny flat screen tv for like, 20 bucks bucks at my local goodwill. after reading this thread I'm glad I didn't buy it.

These are the best, you never know what you can find. I once found pick related unopened and Pokemon Red for the Gameboy

Attached: 51AU0X74AiL.jpg (500x393, 45K)

yeah it must suck for you poorfag freak
enjoy your skin and lung diseases

plastic console garbage is worthless
games and consoles aren't worth anything
you are a dumb fucking retard

BookOff is overpriced on games, but cheap on systems and accessories for some reason.

I only have that number for insurance purposes but yeah you're right. I just like playing stuff on the original hardware, and the only way you can get that is by buying it

they don't even pay minimum wage. look at this prime example of how goodwill operates:

capitolfax.com/2019/07/16/170k-goodwill-director-lays-off-low-wage-workers-citing-minimum-wage-law-that-doesnt-apply-but-son-makes-96k/

they lay off all their disabled workers, the entire point of the fucking org is to provide jobs to people like this, meanwhile the director pays himself 170k and his 96k.

stop giving to goodwill. they are parasitic scum. give your shit to some old lady in your area that likes to have yardsales instead.

pays his *son 96k

>"thrift stores are your friend : )) ) )"
Okay so
>go to thrift store
>everything is old, damaged, dirty, defective, missing, overpriced, and shitty
>electronic section is filled with extremely bad quality VHS tapes (Not even for decent movies), a couple of dvds for 1/10 rated movies, random irrelevant cables, some broken shitty dvd players, huge crt tvs in bad condition, some "learning" kids consoles, pc games from 2001' (Nothing good, already scaled, scanned, and sorted through by Flipper Scum), and old shitty sports games
Redditor poorfags need to be executed in the streets with their dumb fucking cookie cutter advice.

Here's real advice; get money, and then buy new, from friends, or from the occasional good private seller (Look for seniors and moms). You only stumble upon "treasure" (A $20 find at best) in the scrapheaps that are ebay, craigslist, and thrift stores with luck, so don't waste your time.

I am glad you understand this.
Also understand that like the people crying about being poor and not having money that you don't have to waste what you do have on worthless stuff you don't need to have or own for no reason and that owning a car or a coffee mug won't bring you happiness or satisfaction in life and will fix none of your problems

This. Let this guy find all the good shit while we all waste our time on Craigslist and letgo.

Cool blog post bro

Fucking faggots who come in everyday to find shit to flip on ebay and craigslist have ruined the goodwills near me. A few months ago there was a cart full of routers sitting in an aisle. I was checking them out when some scumbag came up and said they were all his. Sure enough a bunch of routers popped up on craigslist that day. They will end up in their own special circle of hell.

Attached: 1534889570961.jpg (474x474, 17K)

Fuck you and get some money you worthless poorfag. Thrift stores fucking blow.

you gotta know when they restock the shelves and go early, you have to beat the human trash who shop at Goodwill solely to flip stuff on Ebay to the goodies

just buy them online
japan shipping is top tier

Are you upset?

Attached: 1521078580217.png (679x409, 147K)

t. wageslave

WTF???

Attached: lmfao.png (748x756, 168K)

Attached: 0567456745.gif (480x267, 2.89M)

Used to go to the one near me all the time and spend hours in the dirty book bins. You can make some decent money if you sell them in bulk to suppliers online.