Final Fantasy 6

Thoughts?

Attached: ff6.jpg (479x337, 69K)

Yes

Solid movie.

Pretty much synonomous with RPG, whenever there's an article about Best RPGs ever it's almost always in the top 2 with Chrono Trigger

nice

Lame story and lame gameplay, carried exclusively by graphics and style. People only pretend to like it because FF7 is too popular

Good game. Overhyped though.

It's trash like the rest of the series.

one of the true classics of the SNES golden age. underage faggots will never understand how truly glorious living in the days of prime Squaresoft was.

Attached: you had to be there.png (401x428, 223K)

I remember liking Cyan but his ability was ass. Did they ever fix it in any re-release?

Nope. Dance was a more worse ability so 2nd worse.

You guys DID get the Paladin Shield, right?

Attached: 1551828792835.gif (167x250, 7K)

Terra or Celes?

/thread

>Grinding for that fucking thing in the PS1 version

Attached: 1551918572412.jpg (480x352, 18K)

2nd best Final Fantasy. FFV is the best.

How were you supposed to know to wait for Shadow? I think they made it intentionally obscure to sell strategy guides.

Only good thing is the graphics, both of the other SNES FF games beat it in every other way

the only good thing about FFV is the job system and the music

and the characters, and the difficulty, and the core gameplay being better than every other FF by a country mile

What's wrong with the ps1 version?

If you choose "wait" once, the next time it says "wait for Shadow"

If you hit the option to not jump a few times it'll say something about having to wait for shadow. Not the kind of thing a normal player would do, but theoretically something that could be stumbled upon on your own.
Maybe they were expecting it to get shared at the school yard like all the other real obtuse shit in old JRPGs.

>and the difficulty
rapidfire dual wield spellblade

Playing the gba version and cant do some attack command correctly for ab early boss and ive been stuck ever since. Ive done the button combo it said to over and over and gotten nowhere. What the fuck am i doing wrong?

excellent game, a damn shame that EOPs will never be able to play the t-edition hack that adds rebalancing, cheevos that are actually fun to unlock, 200 something new songs, alternate outfits, new magic and espers, new skills for each character, new areas, new events and side quests, ng+ and a special patch that adds even more boss battles.

I can break shit just as easy in other games, not that you'd need to. FF6 and 7 are especially braindead easy. Fact of the matter is V is still more challenging than every other game.

are you having trouble doing sabin's blitz moves? you don't have to hurry to do them.

It has some load times in between screen transitions. It's not nearly as bad as the Chrono Trigger port, but it gets really noticeable when you're grinding or have to keep going in and out of your menu for some reason. Assuming you're just fighting those poisoned squirrels on the first island to uncurse the Paladin Shield, it probably takes almost twice as long on PS1 as it does on other platforms.

FF3 is harder

You have to put the command in while the arrow is pointing at Sabin, before you hit the confirm button a second time. Lots of people get stuck there, since Square hadn't quite gotten the hang of tutorials yet.

I've tried to get into this game three times. Farthest I've got is right before the world change. I don't know. I just don't give a single shit aboutb any of the characters, except Sabin but that's because I like his combat gimmick.

I'll go back eventually, I'm right before the final boss of FF9, so maybe after I beat that and put more time in FFXII. I plan to beat every FF eventually. Does it get better once World of Ruin starts?

>V is still more challenging than every other game
I love FFV but that's a complete lie

as are most nes games retard they had to make the games longer somehow

What exactly are you disliking? If the issue is the linearity, then the world of ruin might be more enjoyable for you, as it's pretty much completely open for exploration after the first dungeon or two.

you said "every other game"

Oh ok i thought i was just braindead thanks user.

At the very least none of the FF titles that came after V are harder and that's a god damn fact.

>playing ff6 for gab
>about to enter Dragon's Den for the second time to face Omega Weapon
>the whole screen turns purple-and-blue plaid
>music sounds like someone gnawing on tinfoil
>game is unresponsive
>reset
>"load game" is gone
>go to new game
>proceed until I can reach a save point
>all slots are empty
>mfw I have to find a new cartridge and complete the whole game all over again just to beat one more superboss and then the soul shrine afterwards

Attached: 1550194397257.jpg (125x122, 3K)

im not the user you were talking to pal

Some people think so. The structure changes dramatically and focuses exclusively on going on sidequests to put your party back together for a raid on the final dungeon, which you can do the second you get an airship. Just as many people will tell you that it's a downgrade, since the main plot grinds to a halt.

Terra is my wife

Attached: terra_branford_by_nathanthemanthemhfan_dbfven6-fullview.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

That's not what you said before at all.

Most of the characters feel pretty flat and uninteresting. Same with the world, it just feels like an absolute slog to traverse. I guess I'm hoping the narrative picks up more than anything.

Sorry I didn't think about including the archaic games into the mix.

And I'm sorry your room temperature IQ doesn't let you think before you post.

I wished someone had told me the cultists tower was optional before I cheesed through it

Honestly, the vast majority of the story takes place in the first half of the game, before the world of ruin. If you're mostly into JRPGs for the story and FF6 hasn't been doing it for you yet, you might not get much out of the WoR. WoR is basically about recollecting your party and seeing what they've been up to while you've been split. The finale is pretty good, and there are some great character moments leading up to it, but overall if the game's feeling like a chore to play, it's okay to stop. If you're really curious, just watch an LP or something.

I thought the 2000 FF games people dont like to talk about had decent difficulty, actually managed to Game over in those games unlike the PSX titles

Completely falls apart in the second half of the game. There basically is no narrative in the world of ruin, you're just going around picking up everyone so you can fight the final boss. They have more character scenes, but if you weren't invested in them before, the second half won't change your mind.

The characters carry the world change, so if they don't pull you then WoR is likely going to feel spades worse than WoB.

play FF9

Well damn. Thanks anons. I was hoping for an upturn in the later half (at least in terms of stuff I like). I'll get around to it one day, but probably emulate and play on double speed just to check it off the list.

On a side note, how do you anons feel about FFIX? Like I said I'm almost done and I have some thoughts

I posted these two posts user.

I'll be finishing it tomorrow

Very good.

I think FFIX is one of the better games in the series, and it has a lot of heart, but it has a lot of pacing issues that make large chunks of the game feel like a drag. Plus, it's one of the only FF games that I can say aged poorly- there are so many technical issues holding it back that it's really hard to go back to nowadays, and the re-release didn't do enough to fix it. The game would probably have to be ported to a new engine to deal with the problems.

I never played anything after VI (which I didn't like) other than Tactics, actually. I have an actual physical copy of IX and never played it for years. It'll happen eventually.

Lick my gooch faggot

it is kinda sad to think that as a kid I thought that rpgs could only get better and better and then the ps1 came out and it was much worse graphically and the stories started becoming worse and worse. VII had a cool story but the graphics were atrocious. VIII has cool cutscene graphics but a terrible story. IX was just kinda boring. X was pretty bad. XII. XIII and XV have pretty much turned the name FF into a shit tier series.

just watch a youtube video on it. its easy once you know exactly what to do but they explain it like shit

At least for me, I really like the character development in the WoR, because it's cool to see how everyone's handling the end of the world and how they're clinging to hope (or failing to do so). Celes has a great scene, in particular, and Terra's is pretty good too.

Sure thing but it won't make you any smarter.

;)

Typical FF nigger, cares only for story and graphics and none for GAMEPLAY

That's kind where I'm at with it. I love the games heart. Also the gem system was really fun. But honestly I kinda feel like half of the cast....doesn't need to be there. I mean definitely Amarant (who I think heard got a lot of stuff cut which makes sense) and Quina definitely. Arguably Steiner since he's just comic relief. Story spoilers also I was left with massive blue balls when the big eye that had been showing up from time to time ended up just being a light from a ship. I don't know why, but the idea of a massive creature peering down on this world was so much more intriguing than a ship also like you said, pacing has been pretty bad throughout

That being said Vivi is probably my all time favorite FF character. And I love the dynamic that Zidane, Dagger, Vivi and Freya have. Also Kuja is a really good pure evil ass villain. It's nice to have a bad guy just...be a bad guy.

Honestly I don't think IX is the one to jump into 3D FFs with. I'd definitely suggest VII. I played it for the first time last year and it was genuinely still incredible. It holds up very well besides the character models. I'm also a big FFX fan but it's divisive.

see this user right here?

he is based, and if you, yes YOU behind the screen, are reading this, you should strive to be more like him.

the gameplay got worse, though.
IX arguably has the only good battle system and that is only because you have 12 hours to get the big dick EXCALIBUR II.

>FF6 is second best
he was almost based, maybe half based but not absolutely based

I dont know how you can get worse from VI that you can get away with just holding down the A button through the majority of battles and bosses, its gimmick was super boring too compared to the job system of the previous game or the Materia system that would come after

IX has an okay battle system but it's disgustingly slow and that disgusting slowness also makes auto-regen broken since it keeps ticking up during all cutscenes and downtime

FFX has the best battle system in the series

>I dont know how you can get worse from VI that you can get away with just holding down the A button through the majority of battles and bosses
7 is just as easy and the materia system made it even easier.

Phantasy Star IV is better.

Materia system sucked ass.
Esper system was broken in a fun way.

Attached: chrono UC.png (794x1123, 226K)

play 5 instead

Attached: 47so4bg4vj221.jpg (2048x934, 409K)

the only fun ones were pretty much condensed job abilities which killed it for me

>everyone always hypes up "aeris dies"
>no one ever talks about this real gangster because he's not a cute little maiden

Attached: Galuf.png (453x1000, 456K)

People always bring him up when mentioning FFV's good points though.
Speaking of FFV, it feels like people always call it lighthearted, but IMO it's almost the gloomiest and most depressing one. There's some good comic relief, but man, it's heavy.

>fight magimaster
>cheese his ass with vanish/reflect
>he gets pissy and wants to spam ultima
>use Palidor

Attached: 1558644679674.png (198x209, 92K)

Most overrated FF with 9 taking silver place and 7 for bronze.

I heard Square is considering making it into an episodic remake with the first episode being a full-length game that takes place entirely in Narshe wearing magitek armor