I can't imagine a more shitty place to work at

I can't imagine a more shitty place to work at

Attached: gamestop-store.jpg (2000x1499, 667K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4
Yea
youtube.com/watch?v=0QAVquq9bNs
twitter.com/jamesenglish0/status/1151806728511610880
youtube.com/watch?v=JYOTqexoje4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

as a Yea Forums janitor

Roger that

Really?
You LITERALLY can't imagine a worse place to work at?
I assure you, the minimum wage, no consequence job of a retail cuck is easy as fuck as long as you both do as your told and learn how to coax a sale in the general retards that come in.

Attached: enough.jpg (316x239, 17K)

seems alright. meet gamers every day, see an occasional duck, the list goes on.

I'd hate to work at a factory putting shit together for 10 hours.

>janitor
>working
>receiving monetary compensation

>

Attached: 214323.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

It's not so bad if you have a decent union. That said i don't do it anymore and that makes me happy

I worked there for 2.5 years and it was meh. The people i worked with were great but the job itself was pretty lame.
>Get reprimanded for not giving people "the script" of asking about pre-orders or warranties
>Had to deal with druggies or weirdos who come in with a bunch of stolen and or heavily-damaged games and demand a full $60 for each game.
>Had to deal with Danny, a 26 year old guy who lived with his mom who would come in each and every week to ask for a job. He would then stay and try to chat-up customers. He did this for over a year.
>Had to work midnight launches where only like 4 people would show up.

Huh? So you're saying that the staff of 4channel.org receive... no money for their efforts?

Attached: a1022600232_10.jpg (1200x889, 70K)

working retail is absolutely awful unless it's an electronics store where customers know exactly what they want and are in and out in a flash

Working anywhere sounds better than my neetlife.

IS IT REALLY SO FUCKING WRONG TO SHOP AT GAMESTOP PERIODICALLY?!! DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE INFERENCES ABOUT MY MENTAL COMPETENCY BASED ON THAT?!!

Yes

Attached: d72ef9e8fcf4cc7b1ee957744db412320bdca1f25b4d4f691b37cb38bafa1146.jpg (1280x960, 578K)

Retail is suffering
They recently demoted my supervisor, who's probably the most hardworking person in the store I work in. Has a ton of product knowledge for made up reasons
Dumped his responsibilities onto me, the part time minimum wage drone. Instead of replacing him with another supervisor level person they just hired 2 people on 20 hours to fill his 40 hour role
I regularly get whined at for "my department" having missing prices or being a mess, when its not be who did any of that, it was the other people who work on the department when I'm not there as I work for 4 hours 4 days a week. And they wonder why people constantly leave and the store has a massive staff turnover
Fuck retail I regret doing so badly at school

Attached: 1563746964610.webm (422x750, 921K)

my gamestop is dead so it would be pretty comfy, only have to deal with a couple moms every day

Everyone who works there is literally completly retarded beyond all hope.

wut

I worked a movie theater for 2 and a half years and let me tell you, nothing compares to having to having to work the day after Christmas, when every major studio has dumped their crowd pleasing garbage and every mouth breathing, room temperature IQ idiot is looking to use their gift cards after they return their shit gifts, ordering everything on the menu and leaving all their trash because it's cold out and their obese ass can't be bothered to toss their shit walking out of the theater.

Why would anyone agree to that? JUST

Attached: 1533179117159.png (690x690, 372K)

Ever see pic related management?

Attached: 4E5F1A62-C5C8-45D6-B02E-B43961747717.png (1200x1430, 192K)

Something is seriously wrong with wageslaves.

What about that shitty American restaurant that force their wageslaves to dance every hour to some shitty country music

roller coaster photos, guy was just autistic about him snapping photos that you're supposed to pay for
cant blame him, his supervisor probably came down hard on his team for allowing people to snap photos

what am I looking at here

Too bad electronics store customers are also some of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.
>AY YO WHERES YO PHONE CHAWGHAS AT?
>I'm trying to buy games for this [insert long discontinued console/handheld]
>You guys clearly get to open and test each and every accessory and device in this department, can you tell me the intricate features of this product that just gets dumped in your store that you couldn't possibly know about unless you've owned it in the past?
>AYE YO CAN YOU PUT DEZE MINUTES ON MAH PHONE?
>Hey where are your printers that I can't be bothered to turn right the fuck around and spot?

God I'm so fucking glad I got out of retail.

Attached: [Tohzai] Office Love Scramble.png (744x720, 401K)

Dude probably got whined at by his manager over people recording, especially as people were asked not to photo stuff due to privacy laws or some shit?
We have signs up around tills where people legally cannot film the areas or record audio because of peoples pin numbers etc being entered
Poor wageslave acting a fool because some one wanted to get pictures of their ride for free

Any fast food place staffed with shitskins who play favorites with each other.

A friend of mine used to work there and they literally throw the fuck out of every single package that comes by. Like bash it on the fucking wall throwing it.

sounds like you live near niggers

>knockoff POP figures getting more window space than actual video games
that's how you know your video game retail business has failed and you're forced to shill normie merch to make ends meet

Attached: 1563086628892.png (908x763, 1.31M)

Actually how bad is ups?

DIY customers are cool too, I have unironically been asked "will this fit my window", "how much paint do I need to paint a living room" etc
The best one was when a woman asked me how many rools of wallpaper she'd need to do her room, and her boyfriend instantly said "how is he meant to know how big your room is you daft cunt"

Oh I almost forgot that actual best one, we sell those spinnerz things that are metal ornaments you hang in your garden and the wind makes them spin, an old woman came in saying hers is broken because it doesn't spin. When i asked if she's put it somewhere the wind can get to it she looks at me funny and goes "they aren't for outside!"
The fucking idiot thought these bits of metal just magically spun on their own because the ones on the display in the shop are spinning (as they are attached to a motor)

I'm talking about electronic components warehouses where the customers are actually electricians etc. Not retarded general public.

Try being a janitor at a national park where foreigners don't understand the concept of sitting on the pot. Just standing over the bowl and open fire on every inch of the surrounding area. I cleaned up after that crap for a month, making $10.50 an hour. That is true Hell.

Man I work as a chef at Disney and that shit is the worst when we have huge groups full of picky retarded

>this shit is normie
I thought we were the autistic losers, not them, that pop figure stuff is lame as fuck, I cant see any normal™ person buying these. now some other more pathetic kind of loser nerd I can understand but the average normie™ isnt this much of a loser

retail is shit, but its got nothing on working in restaurants. absolute shit work even if you do get to fuck a waitress or two

Out of curiosity user, what were some of the midnight launches that barely anyone showed up for?

Can you go into more detail? Im curious how working at disney is

Attached: 1551601223871.png (736x980, 30K)

Pathetic NEET.

Attached: fufufu.png (455x396, 130K)

>work at a theme park
>man i hate huge groups of idiots
What did you expect at disney?

everytime I see a UPS truck I always think of thats UPS and downs copypasta and imagine someone with down syndrome as the driver

Fucking saved

Attached: 1536510749470_0.png (360x360, 140K)

>have to go there to pick up metal wolf chaos because they made it exclusive to gamestop for some reason
Wish me luck

Lel imagine being that much of a wage slave.

Order online you fucking faggot

JCPenny

Whats going to happen when gamespot is finally dead? Where will videogames go? Is walmart just going to swallow everything up eventually?

Food service anything will make you want to strangle people.

>OH I CHANGED MY MIND
>THIS IS NOT DONE *EXACTLY* THE WAY I LIKE IT, DO IT AGAIN
>CAN YOU DO THIS

There's literally nothing wrong with being a shut-in NEET.

Attached: Hinata_finger.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

what shitty country do you live in where people go to the park and some janitor has to force people to sit on a pot
like what the fuck man

Streaming services

T. Has negative good boy points

Attached: 1538076090406.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Nah

If you are a burden to the state or to your parents, there is something wrong with it.

I'll kill myself before I accept a streaming, or even digital-only future.

wtf am i looking at?

>tfw you can live comfortably streaming all day and night

Attached: 1563685727555.jpg (1125x2097, 185K)

youtube.com/watch?v=JOkQJm_UGM4
Is Walmart the worst place to work?

Remember that movie wall e? Walmart will become the life provider and overlord of earth. Bless us this walmart. Our daily deals, amen.

Nobody cares about the state and my family doesn't like me anyway.

he just wants a high-five

Well I work at spring foods which is like a partner at Disney but we have the same rules, I work at the grill station which essentially has the burgers and fried food that everyone loves so we get most customers. People go up and never actually know what there ordering so they kinda go with the flow making last minute changes and fucking up the flow of the grill master people would the stupidest shit like no buns on burgers and Philly cheesesteaks or making lettuce buns and other bullshit. It's okay for the most part just got a raise and I'm making 12:00 a hour

That's a janny if i've ever seen one.

>ayo bruh you got any airpods in stock

Attached: 1558112260885.jpg (720x467, 88K)

Nothing if he has anything to do with it

I worked in an understaffed liquidation store without much in the way of shoplifting protection. I was primarily at the phone/tablet/laptop/etc counter.

Customers would frequently ask to test out the phones with their SIM cards to see if they'd work before purchasing.

The problem is that the models we actually used for customers to test were in the manager's office on the other end of the store for some stupid fucking reason.

So every time I had a customer who wanted to try a phone, I'd have to walk all the way to the other end of the store and come back.

Along the way I'd occasionally be stopped by a customer who needed to use the bathroom. We couldn't just let them use the bathroom though, so I had to walk them to the bathroom, WAIT FOR THEM TO FINISH, and then I could get back to getting the phone for the customer. Sometimes they wouldn't wait and would just leave, so then I'd have to take the phone back.

They didn't want us leaving the counter unattended, either.

Fuck retail. Retarded customers I can usually deal with. Retarded logistics/store operation decisions by mongoloid managers are the real enemy.

>THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Attached: 1563748206848.png (342x589, 292K)

>working at a theme park ever
>working at Disney, ever
>working in food service, ever
You only have yourself to blame.

Full sauce....im dying here laughing.

CoD WW2 didn't have a lot of people, probably 10 tops. Mass Effect Andromeda had maybe 6. Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon also had a pretty sparse crowd.

The state is a parasytical entity that regardless of the neets existance will syphon your money from your wallet with the threat of jail if you dont comply, this is clearly an evil act so acting in a way that is detremental to this entity by making it give some of the money it steals to me rarther than to further its own goals is actually the ultimate justice

The government is evil and NEETS ARE JUSTICE

Attached: 1534033707457.jpg (379x281, 35K)

Attached: 1478434630284.jpg (1200x1096, 351K)

>tax thieving NEETs are good because taxes are theft

this is some next level paradoxy

It's because they think the seat will give them some kind of ass disease, user.
They might be right, too.

yes, I can

>N-NO, YOU CAN'T!

>Ay yo you got that Lenore?
Dumb nigger was trying to say L.A. Noire

>killing is bad
>killing a murder is justice

>theives are bad
>stealing from theives is justice

its simple

Please don't be rude. WorkingHard-kun actually gets a paycheque

I can imagine him calling security with his nasally voice snitching on this dude.

>Microsoft's DLC policy

So black welfare queens are good. Okay.

Earned a hearty chuckle out of me.
Thanks user.

Attached: 1397439063989.jpg (768x576, 99K)

*Amazon
Walmart is dying too, internet overlords amazon and google are the future

Ahem
Yea Forums.org/janitorapp

blacks cannot be good as black is the colour of the army of evil

only people of the light can be good

Bump for full vid or one with sound.

>Danny, a 26 year old guy who lived with his mom who would come in each and every week to ask for a job. He would then stay and try to chat-up customers. He did this for over a year.

How does somebody get this bad? Was Danny a normal kid that just didnt make it in life because of a continuous series of fuckups? Was he a retard? Do you think his mom loves him? Was it her love that strangled her sons development?

so many questions

Attached: 1553291460694.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>murderer is trying to kill some poor innocent man to get a high
>kill him yourself first to spite the murderer
This is what you're actually doing.

>Two paragraph essay for jannie application due tomorrow
FUCK

>12.00 an hour

Jesus Christ. I used to be a server, waiters make out like bandits in tips, why do you guys get paid shit.

Aren't most electronic stores commission based so if you don't actively try to sell to customers you aren't paid?

retail is literally nothing compared to food service. Both are shit though

Attached: 1563122782651.jpg (912x1024, 76K)

Never gonna make it lad

What happened to Danny?

>tfw have severe anxiety
going to any retail store is hell for me because the employees never stop bugging me

just please, let me get my shit and leave
if I need help I'll ask

Attached: 1559862547257.gif (255x255, 363K)

can somebody make a cutout of this guy freaking out and turn him into a meme?

fuck off I just want to decay until either my family kicks me out or dies and I can kill myself without worry.

Used to work security for UPS. The chad's generally drove the trucks. The downies/ virgins would do sorting at the warehouse. But those guys weren't the people we were hired for to look out for. The burnouts are the ones who steal packages from the inside and Mark it as delivered. Had to keep checking bags, only caught 3-4 guys per year cause of my shift hours.

Attached: original-11806-1545345682-2.png (1166x610, 301K)

>work in government dep
>paid well to do jack shit

I want to do this

Attached: 1414699406554.gif (290x189, 2.9M)

Am I an asshole for bringing it back to the counter when its covered in ketchup and mustard when I ask for none, because i'm always worried i'm being an asshole.

>Danny
>People who come in and actually want to work for the company are usually socially-awkward yet well-meaning dudes who know their shit
>Instead only hire big-tiddy dipshit women who don't know the first thing about video games but wear cleavage shirts and glare at anyone for looking

Wow.

Attached: 800px-Mommsen_p265.jpg (800x1256, 350K)

Indeeed, you could say they do it for free

Old people wanted this. Constantly.

>WELL THE LAST PERSON DID IT
No they didn't, I've been here almost 10 years. Thank fuck the store finally closed down.

You are a burden to your family and yourself, and you aren't achieving any of your dreams if you're just going to sit around and do nothing all day.

Other people are out living; doing things outside of their home, broadening their horizons, experiencing pleasures you can't even imagine due to your lack of experience. And I'm not just talking about sex or whatever. Interacting with people is genuinely wonderful, taking walks and feeling the sun warm your body is wonderful, cooling down with some cold, crisp water is wonderful,hearing birds chirp and dogs bark happily is wonderful. Stepping into some locally owned shop you've never been to before is wonderful, having something different for dinner than what you usually have is wonderful. Right outside your door, there's an entire world that you'll never be a part of.

Behind all your smugness, your insistence that this is an acceptable lifestyle--and maybe it is--there lies a great sadness, for it is only human nature to want to participate. To belong.

Your only defense against this truth is to delude yourself into thinking you're superior to other people because you're not bound to any sort of obligations, or to say there was never a chance for you to be a part of it anyhow. There was. There is. But to admit that is to admit that you have yet more growing to do, that the average joe is leagues "better" than you at most things. So, there you'll sit, in a darkened room lit only by the blue light of your computer, festering, ruminating, and generally being miserable until you either get tired of where you are, or die. Or perhaps, your stubbornness will carry you all the way to old age. You certainly won't have lived in all of those years.

Attached: [hits cigar].jpg (259x194, 6K)

The higher the number, the "richer" the culture.

Attached: image.jpg (480x476, 49K)

Sauce pls

If THEY make a genuine mistake, then no. There's nothing wrong with that, and hopefully the employee will learn so it doesn't happen again

>the wagie wave

...minutes? What?
I have no idea what you mean by putting "minutes" on a phone.

Attached: picture of picture of folder containing picture of confused looking anime girls with interrogation m (199x257, 10K)

What if my dream is to play vidya?

This hurts me and I'm not even a NEET.

Attached: billy_herrington2.jpg (548x643, 53K)

Autism or lack of a father figure. The kid doesn't know what a job is or has never had one. Kid needs to do temp jobs and start working clean up jobs for construction sites to get some hair on his chest.

I thought someone got their throat slit or something in the picture and that was blood.

They don't want to ask you either user
blame their bosses, or alternatively blame their bosses' bosses, and so on all the way to the top.

>not working for amazon

I mean it's dollar raise for every year I work there, Im just working to get through college and hopefully get job as a it monkey doing what I like

danny can't give you a shot at hot coworker puss though.

My dream is to kill myself in ~5 years when I'm kicked out, having not achieved the things I wanted to do as a teen because I burnt myself out on everything and can't do anything. And that's fine.
Granted I only really barely skimmed what you replied to me with, I get the gist and I don't know how anyone thinks these types of things motivates anyone.

Amazon exists

asian sweatshops

Why is such a basic human necessity so otherworldly for so many countries? Everyone sleeps in beds already so why is shitting so fucking troublesome?

Danny's story was that he enrolled in college, but eventually ditched class and flunked out. After that he moved in with his folks, but after years of not working and only playing games they made him get a job. End result is GameStop was the one and only place he wanted to work, so he would just tell his mom he was "job hunting". He ended up working at the Subway next door our shop, but that only lasted maybe 3 weeks and was most likely just an attempt to get his parents off his back. Last i heard was that his mom got fed up and gave him two choices: Military to get some discipline or he was on his own.

BACK IN CAGE user

Fucking hell dude I was born in 2000 and even I know what minutes are, how young are you?

This.

At least in retail, sometimes the people you deal with are generally middle to upper middle class so they're more polite and easy to deal with

But because everyone needs to eat, working in the food industry means you have to deal with the scum of the earth

Attached: 1554523284192.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Neither would the coworker herself unless you're a Chad who for some reason decided to bury their standards entirely and work at GameStop.

Eugh, I know what you mean user, only I work at a second-run theater (which means we get the popular movies a month or so after the big guys do) and let me tell ya Jay, some people couldn't figure out a toaster oven from a toaster if they tried. I sure enjoy people who buy 6 dollar popcorn buckets only to not eat them/spill them on the ground. Best part are the mentally deficient guys who come in with their group leader and make a ruckus out of everything for 10 minutes while slowly choosing what they want despite being practically weekly customers who should know their shit by now. It's a comfy job where not much happens sometimes at least. Anyways rant over.

>Just sent my resume into an entry level IT job
What should I expect if I get the job?

Nice try Jeff

Just fucking tell me. I'm not American so if it's some slang bullshit for something like data then naturally I won't know about it.

Either you're pretending you're rich or you're a bad troll.

My first job at Office Depot was comparably shit

Expected to repeat a script ad infinitum, boring fucking transactions, annoying business people customers, etc.

>autist takes satire seriously and writes wall of text with smug pic thinking someone will screencap it and he will be part of 4chinz history

eeee yikes

Prepaid phones. Charged with money.

I'm going to be real with you guys. I've been to several theme/amusement parks across America and 90% of ride ops are real chill bros to the point of letting me chill in a restricted area with him to watch the parks fireworks(that's one of the more extreme cases, but you get what I mean). That last 10% though can be total ass wipes. I can guarantee that the rest of the Nemesis crew made fun of him behind his back.

>1 resume
>already expects to get the job
Yikes

I'm not him, and I'm an American, in my 30s, who grew up dirt poor. I too have no clue what "minutes on a phone" means. I've never heard it before.

Expect to send 30 more before you even get an interview

H-ha ha that Danny dude sure does sound familiar...

Attached: 1505533340711.jpg (300x360, 35K)

He's not expecting he's wondering

I work in a warehouse picking small electronic parts. It's a fucking breeze, and I can listen to shit in one ear with a wireless earpiece while I work. Pay isn't half bad either. Zero stress, and can take breaks whenever I want.

Attached: 1563790626423.jpg (375x375, 22K)

I mean you don't even get paid. Why be a mod or a janny anywhere if you get no money and no perks?

Hurricane swept through and lots of people moved away, everyone's hiring around here. I'll send another in the coming days of course.

What the fuck is there to be anxious about you stupid faggot
Being a Pharmacist at CVS

because it is the only modicum of power they will have in their short, pathetic lives.

>used to work there
>no longer works there
gee I wonder why

Probably because it depends on having a working sewage system and sanitation commission and a lot of countries don't have that luxury. So long story short, if the government doesn't give a crap about crapping then chances are the citizens don't give a crap either.

Attached: 6858d7_52527.jpg (1600x1200, 191K)

As you get older you realize that enjoying what you do, or at the very least not hating what you do, is far more important than how much you get paid to do it.

We're all going to die one day and whether you have $50 in the bank or $50 million in the bank when you drop dead you can't take a dime of it with you.

but what about the power of Christ?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>What the fuck is there to be anxious about
user do you know how anxiety works?

>Fuck retail.
They're rare, but it's actually possible to work a decent and fun retail job. Source: working one right now.

Attached: 6542185465.jpg (1699x896, 103K)

But user, think of all those rude stupid shitposters you get to totally pwn as they then proceed to reset their router or phonepost with a different IP! Why you may have inconvenienced them for a whopping 10 minutes!

Uh-oh, looks like I struck a nerve

What about the cheese that shoots lasers?

Attached: RMY1bwUCP252xfweQQPNiYJdLWHnZAsVjyurRmrNZFw.jpg (500x224, 36K)

they reject christ in favour of the trickle of joy they from pissing off their parents by refusing to go to church.

>Christfags

Attached: 2120981234.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

My best experiences with retail were working freight. Getting paid 15 an hour to drive a forklift so guys getting paid 10 could break them down and stock them on shelves was fun. Literally no customer interaction and nothing anyone could possibly be mad about short of me tipping a skid over like a retard

>2019
>assuming gender

>CVS
I'm so sorry user, stay strong user

more like a funny bone. your little platitudes aren't as scathing as you think.

kek

then we shall burn their home of residence for they have mocked the lord and savior. Come virgins of the night! There are citizens to be saved by the wrath of God!

Attached: 1533860777285.jpg (846x846, 56K)

Classic.

Dumb shits who think so highly of themselves they berate themselves into being inferior

based old testament user.

Oh, wow. Dude, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings by posting that.

wow you're stupid

How shit is your life that this is what you think

Top notch post user

yeah don't worry, you didn't. thanks for the laugh bro. keep it up with that creative writing course.

We don't want to bother you, we have to as its our job. If we don't we get whinged at

Like in a warehouse/dc? Idk if that qualifies as retail.

Is my apology not enough? Is there anything else I can do to help you get over the trauma you've clearly gone through?

LADIES LADIES. CALM YOUR TITS. YOU CAN BOTH HAVE ME

Attached: 1533742553247.png (533x534, 262K)

It’s horrible yet some of us stay. Management takes something so simple has delivering cardboard and makes it into a project. If they could put square wheels on all the trucks and claim it saves gas they would

Now how is that a bad job?

I would imagine electronics being the worst since 90% don't know what they're looking for or how to accurately say the item the looking for

that sounds like complete bullshit

Warehouse labor is timed/weighted and you literally have slave collars/bracelets to track your every move, AND you CANNOT take breaks when you want

Unless you just have inhuman pick speed so it seems easy

>their phone's screen has two or three layers worth of filth and sweat
i hate people

Attached: 1557818339711.gif (500x281, 639K)

pay as you go phones

I've had multiple jobs and done multiple things in the outside world and all it did was make me feel miserable. I didn't feel like I was "living life to the fullest" at all. Being a neet sucks, being a wagie sucks, but being a neet sucks a little less in my experience.

Grocery is even worse than fast food.

Prove me wrong.

I work at whole farts and get paid $20 to dick around with soaps and vitamins and talk to older women all day. git good.

I work at winne dixie and want to kill myself, so you're probably right.
Fuck standing for 7+ hours on hard floors, but least its only 4 days a week.

Attached: bladerunnerhero.jpg (1120x630, 77K)

sure if you work for big company like amazon or ups

i worked as a picker for a cheap makeup company, small warehouse, small inventory, and you could basically take your time on the picks for the order sheet
management was fucking retarded but job was pretty chill, could move around, play music, and bantz with the mixing crew i miss that job

>AYE YO
STOP LIVING IN THE SAME PLACE AS NIGGERS

>Warehouse labor is timed/weighted and you literally have slave collars/bracelets to track your every move, AND you CANNOT take breaks when you want

Jesus what shitholes have you worked in?
This is a small family owned electronics warehouse/shop.

Imagine retail but you can’t refuse anyone but it’s all medication.
Also 10x the corporate bullshit.
And people addicted to controlled meds screaming at you for them like the pharmacist is personally hoarding them and not sharing.
The fags with anxiety sure aren’t anxious when they’re yelling for their xanies

Can't exactly stop the spread.

blacks are bros desu

not all warehousing jobs are for hue corporations, user

Should I join the police if I don’t want to be a retailcuck, Yea Forums?

You'll be able to kill niggers with no consequence if that's your thing.

>hue

huge*

Try to become a bailiff, supposed to be easy

t. defense attorney

do they not have a whole foods around you? they start at over double that.

Piss easy work as long as you're not a dispatch or officer.

t. shitstop employee

And being under staffed,
cold calling everyone and everything, doctors/nurses being mentally incompetent,
"What do you mean 20 minutes?!?"

My parents, who are devout Christians, actually raised me to believe the church is the evil house of satan. We never went to church because my parents legitimately believe everyone who does is being deceived by con men working for the devil.

>Warehouse labor is timed/weighted and you literally have slave collars/bracelets to track your every move
I worked for a food producer and dealt with refrigerated and frozen foods warehouses and that has not been the case in my professional experience here in the US. Yes, breaks are scheduled and obviously there are performance metrics and standards, but they are far from tracked slaves. I'm sure that's the case in a lot of warehouses, but that isn't the case everywhere. You're talking out of your ass.

Attached: 1551572309156.jpg (712x605, 51K)

tell me your secrets

A fellow rph on fucking Yea Forums??
I just got accepted to a clinical pharm PGY1 so hopefully things will be better after next year.
Get out bro.

>Warehouse labor is timed/weighted and you literally have slave collars/bracelets to track your every move

t. Amazon warehouser

Back of big box stores. I've also done warehouses and shipping/receiving. Shipping is pretty comfy work tbqh.

Is this the 2019 version of "LOL U MAD????"/"I AM NOT MAD!!!!!!"

atleast it isnt a call center

>4 days a week but full shifts

grats on working the exact highest amount to not get benefits, you're getting fucked played user

Just be funny and talk for 8 hours straight a day

I'm trying to go hospital side my man

I haven't had a day off since Easter.
I am going to wagecuck for the rest of my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=0QAVquq9bNs

>be funny

yeah because ninja is a real hoot

Fair enough. It seems like it would get really repetitive and boring real quick, but some people are wired for that, so it's cool. I doubt you can have a podcast or music going even in one ear, right?

Smart tards only cause problems
You'd know if you weren't a smart tard

Bro I used to be a retail smhuck. Try to find a gig mowing or doing landscaping. It's good entry level construction and can really help you elsewhere

I will grab my cleaning supplies and wipe down someone's phone if it's nasty. Have yet to had anyone yell at me, they're always appreciative.

I run a lathe and dont deal with the public whatsoever.

As staff?
Good luck. If they act like faggots about compounding IVs etc just remind them that 90% of hospital rx is processing orders, even easier than a slow chain store.

>he doesn't know about 4 day 10 hour shifts
I've worked that for a while and it was so fucking good to have a three day weekend. Utah tried that for a while with their municipal workers and I think some cunts voted it down even though it made for a better work life balance, more well rested and productive employees and cut down on transportation emissions a bunch BUT FUCK EFFICIENCY THIS IS THE GOVERNMENT!

Attached: 1554719639934.jpg (500x508, 27K)

I was going to work here. I thought it would be good, but the replies say otherwise. I'm just a loner working Big Lots. 20 hours a week, if I get those hours, and 9.50/h. It sucks. On top of that my car has something wrong with it everyday it feels. Exhaust pipe disconnected so now I have to ride it loud as fuck with a dangling exhaust. Fuck my life. Don't even know what to do.

bravo vince

Check your labor laws, that might not even be legal in your state.

oh shit, I'm danny

Yeah, fuck anything is better than chain at this point

>no ones posted this yet

Attached: Capture.png (577x363, 324K)

>le "we all die, same grave" meme
How's your first semester of Intro to Psychology going?

It's """"""voluntary"""" as in you volunteer to work extra hours of your ass is gone for some totally unrelated reason.

>get a McJob
>leave after three weeks because I’d rather be unemployed and looked down upon by my parents than work there
>that one time I gave some old guy the old £1 coins (still in servivce at the time) as change and he has a literal autistic fit that makes him get thrown out and gives me an hours break courtesy of the manager
>that time I almost got throttled by some council estate subhuman scum because I accidentally charged her £1.30 for a smoothie
Fast food is motivation. You always work hard where you are because once you’ve experienced it, you’ll do anything to never go back.

Whats this?

I know the owner of a grocery store, hes a fucking asshole

Then reach out to your state's labor dept. That still doesn't sound entirely legal.
source: worked in HR. Seriously call them, they do take this kind of nonsense seriously.

Any ITbros in here?

I'm getting close to completing google's online course on it then will start applying, any tips on interviewing?

I'm worried about tech interviews because I've never done them. Is it true they just point a computer at you and ask you to show off your skills? Pretty sure I'd instant-fail without notes

Attached: fire_emblem_sothis_romance.jpg (1600x1600, 250K)

I think it's a porn of a GS employee.

twitter.com/jamesenglish0/status/1151806728511610880

Better than your lifetime of bitterness apparently

That doesn't sound so bad

Nah, needs more seething and trannies. I give it a 5/10 for effort.

newfags

So is a security guard job actually comfy or is that a meme? I have to go to an orientation tomorrow.

Attached: images (9).jpg (300x168, 5K)

Only normies buy pops
We buy real figures.

Johnny Rocket’s?

Tfw about to be 26 living with parents

JUST

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-110812~2.png (1440x789, 1.75M)

Yeah, really old. She wears a Half-life 2 shirt and sucks off her boss in the back room.

baby dick, I've been here since 2006.

depends where it is
I worked a gig at a library and it was a fucking breeze

>the absolute state of American wages

Based fucking tobacco consumer.

Imagine working at ND...

Attached: pridedog.jpg (505x485, 48K)

I'm already there. I'm getting a city job as a trash man, and if that falls through since I last smoked 2 months ago due to the drug test I took today, I have 2 other jobs I told to hold on in case it falls back.

> game DRM vs pirate.webm

I mean that's not mandatory, you don't wanna wear a gay pin, you don't have to. Is this a big deal to you?

Same.

>Too brainlet for worthwhile degree
>Go for worthless catch all version to graduate from something
>Only local job in field to reply asked if I just forgot to mention experience
>Get desperate and apply to call centers and shit
>They don't want me
>Go to mass hiring day at retail
>Wait in line for 3 hours to compete for 4 part time positions
>Guy hammers me for lack of experience
>Still no luck

If I was in debt, I might have offed myself by now.

Sewer maintenance is quite literally a shittier job.

Same story but I'm even older.
I spent about a month last year applying to literally over 200 different """"""""""""entry level""""""""" jobs and only two replied, and one of them was a pyramid scheme.

Where do you live?

Ontario and not in a city.

>work

Attached: 5F97F555-5FA2-44BA-8BAB-860D2BFC34E0.jpg (966x3054, 929K)

You gotta learn to work for yourself mang. I used to be a wagecuck, but I now do DoorDash. I have to work a few extra hours from when I was doing retail, but the tradeoff is making nearly twice as much as I did working retail.

Should've got into trades. I make about 30 bucks an hour with no education other than what I learned on the job.

Shit, I was gonna apply for whole foods but the thought of conversing with strangers bugs me. Is it an autist friendly position?

>DoorDash
>He's still 12 years old knocking on peoples doors and running away before they answer the door

Attached: download (1).jpg (600x603, 46K)

>>Had to work midnight launches where only like 4 people would show up.
So you get paid just to be there? I don't see the problem user.

Want to chat/prep together some?

>retail
>no consequence
Get a few customers complaining about you and you're gone. And it doesn't even matter if you did anything wrong, just that customers complained specifically about you.

i bet OP wouldnt last a day on an oil rig

>One resume
Ask again after at least 60 applications. IT has a fuck ton of people in it. Not to mention cheap outsourcing. Oh and enjoy contracts too. That's all you're gonna get.

Right here baby. What "part" of IT do you specialize in, user? I've held 3 jobs in the field since I graduated Uni 4 years ago, but they were mostly in the IS world.

Attached: sleep.png (426x364, 11K)

It's an autism friendly company, there are at least five autists in my store and I even had autistic cashiers when I was a front end TL. Depends on the position, but you'll be fine.

I'm not autistic just had bad anxiety at the time and didn't want to interact with people too much then got roped into customer service for a few years. It actually helped me get over social anxiety. Feel free to ask me questions.

>Is it true they just point a computer at you and ask you to show off your skills?
I've literally never had that happen.
It's usually just a corporate interview where if you're friendly, polite and competent you can get the job.
However I've had interviews where I crushed it but it was obvious in the room that one of the hiring managers wanted to hire someone else so no matter what I did I couldn't get the job.

>friend starts bragging about how his job is harder than mine and that his boss actually put his hands on him before

Attached: 1563669195333.jpg (301x168, 6K)

>durr hurrr outsourcing and india and contracts ONLY durrr

Oh fuck off with this shit and stop being so negative and generalizing. I'm this user here and have never had a contract. It was all full-time, good pay, good benefits. Reminder that the IT field is massive and can span a boatload of different areas.

>autism friendly company,
where do i find a list of these? i want to do business with them

how do i get in user?

What should I try to specialize in if I want to be both comfy and secure?

>no friends
>no motivation to do anything
>too much anxiety to get a job
>too pussy to kill myself
Any Anons want to force me into a suicide pact?

Attached: 1289034.jpg (704x400, 30K)

want decent cashflow? Little to no experience in anything? don't have much of a future? be a security officer. we get paid out the ass to do nothing. the one time you will do something you can call the police and they'll handle it.

just study government and whatever branching oath you want

I'd rather go back to my slave manufacturing job than fucking work in a goddamn gamestop.

kek

if i cant land a decent job, i'll just dress like a girl and sell feet pics

yo I heard DingDongDitch pays better

>Is it true they just point a computer at you and ask you to show off your skills?
Not once. The closest to that is they give you a scenario or ask a general technical question. If they go too hard and too crazy they already have someone in mind and you're being spoken to as a formality.

I'm not literally autistic, it's just the fact that talking to strangers makes me suicidal from how stressful and draining it can be. And quite often I just don't know what to say.

>dropped out 3 months before graduating
>been NEETing it up since then
>mother knows I'm not doing shit but hasn't brought up the topic at all
So what happens now?

Attached: 1552373087275m.jpg (1024x936, 62K)

Having to walk around a dark building at night would be scary.

My last boss rubbed my back one, creeped me out. He tried to act tough in the office, but he was very submissive to his boss, and like my ultra boss.

Get lucky and garner an audience of 12 year olds, you can be the least funny person on the planet and succeed.

Attached: 1557098849933.png (212x236, 90K)

>Waddle into FUCKING GAMESTOP
>Little kid points and says "Look mommy! It's the fattest man alive!"
>Mom laughs
>Wait in line in utter embarrassment while people talk about how it smells like someone shit their pants while they keep glancing over at me in bewilderment
>Finally get to the front of the line
>"O-o-o-one... o-o-one c-c-c-c-c-c-cop- c-c-copy o-o-of S-S-S-Sm-S-Sma-Smash Ul-Ul-Ul-Ul-Ul-Ul-Ulti-Ultima-Ultima- ma- mate p-pp-p-p-pl-please"
>People behind me in line burst out laughing like a laugh track on Big Bang Theory
>Cashier asks if it's for my niece or nephew
>Stuttering, drenched in sweat with shit leaking down my legs I manage to explain that it's for me
>Cashier SCREAMS at me and calls me a pedophile and spits in my face
>Calls the cops and everyone in the shop restrains me until they arrive while I scream, cry and panic
>Cops arrive and they charge me for attempted child rape because I tried to play baby games and lure them online
>Now a convicted sex offender because of FUCKING GAMESTOP

I just got hired at Publix and orientation had at least 2 autistic guys. One of them even mentioned they applied solely because they hire autistics.

Your parents sound hella fucking based.

yo when I was a skate punk in my late teens we use to play ding dong ditch, hard mode. you couldn't run. you had to hide in front of the house. it was kinda like musical chairs as 8 dumbasses fought for the only bush on the property

How about working for a local government?

You'll have to solve something like pic in 45 minutes on a whiteboard while they watch.

Attached: 1528678312193.png (851x846, 573K)

Just pretend you're playing a horror game in VR.

Working retail in general lets you realize that the majority of the public are high functioning retards.
I work at a ups store and I'm fucking baffled by how incompetent these people are
>Regularly get phone calls from people wanting shipping quotes, but only give me two dimensions for the box. When I tell them that boxes have three dimensions (length, width, and height) they get confused and repeat the two dimensions they told me
>Customers who regularly call in and ask for our address, despite the fact that if they have our phone number they either googled us, which gives them the address, or took a business card, which also gives them the address
>Non elderly people who call in wanting me to track their package and can't seem to understand they can simply google their tracking number
>People who come in with a slip saying the driver missed them, and clearly wrote down the address of another business entirely who come in expecting to find their package
People are so fucking stupid holy shit

I'm a 24 year old ugly neet and I get to do mostly all of that shit every day walking my labrador in empty woods, the only burden I am to my disappointed depressed father is that he has to buy double food compared to if he'd live alone and electricity bills, in comparison I do every chore asked and we split the cooking duty every week. It's not my fault society doesn't want me around. For money I just make and sell dumb shit on etsy but it's literally a child's pocket money level profits

>traps
>making money ever
Unless you're a streamer or a porn star, you'll be begging for money just like the discord trannies.

my boss use to touch me in the penis

Why?

Why didn't you just wait 3 months and get a diploma?

I'm getting too old to be a retail cuck. What's a decent paying job where you don't have to deal with customers and don't need a degree/years of experience?

>Cashier asks if it's for my niece or nephew

not bad

Attached: 1359786498582.jpg (300x239, 9K)

So when I was in Uni, there was just a general "Information Technology" degree. However, there were 4 key areas one could "concentrate" in. System Administration (think SysAdmin duties, Unix, VM, etc.), Information Architecture (uh, I truly have no idea what this is, I barely knew any kids who were in this one), Information Security (as the name applies), and then Business Intelligence (Big Data, Data Warehousing, Storage, etc.). I did the very latter because I was interested in that and I saw the opportunities. But you know what? The jobs I held after graduation didn't tie into ANY of these or ANY of the things I learned while in Uni. For example, the first job I held was with a rich ass company who was deploying CRM solutions to customers (they had a huge base). This wasn't comfy persay (shit ton of travel, but all paid form if you're into that, I wasn't so I left), but the pay was enormous. Ton of perks, lot of socializing, but the lifestyle wasn't for me. I took that experience and then found a cozy IS job at a local hospital where I work on IT solutions on charting Software. Cozy office job, good pay, good benefits (being a hospital), pretty secure job I'd say. It's a non-profit, so that helps. Great people too. So I guess to answer your question, specialize in whatever you feel like, but totally know if whatever you select is valid and has a future, you know? Like for example. Majoring in some stupid bullshit won't get you anywhere. Be real and set expectations. Oh, and please, you LINKEDIN is crazy important. This goes for everyone ITT. LinkedIn is huge. I get emails weekly or monthly saying "hey we'd like to recruit you" and whatnot.

Attached: 1559925197708.jpg (1024x878, 55K)

I always feel so emberassed to EVER go to the GameStop at the mall. It is always, without fail filled wirh obese, smelly blue haired disgusting freaks and im emberassed to even be associated with them

Attached: 1563460736521.png (640x480, 466K)

Why do you say this as if being a janny is an actual career? Unless you consider it to be like volunteering as if it's as fulfilling or useful lmao

You don't want them to bring it up. Here's a taste of what I have on a daily basis.
>"Are you okay user?"
>"Maybe if you got a job you'd feel better."
>"user why don't you have friends?"
>"user don't you want a girlfriend?"
>"What about when I die? What will you do then?"
>looks of disapproval, sometimes they're not on purpose, sometimes they're just in my mind
>"Do you not talk to anyone from high school anymore?"
>"What happened to wanting to be an artist?"
>talking to siblings with more respect than she has ever spoken to you with

>but the pay was enormous. Ton of perks
Give details, how much etc? Where'd you get to travel?

I don't know dude google it. They're not openly autism friendly, I've just worked with autistic people in every single store I've worked at. It's just a generally understanding company.

That's fine, I was in that boat. The best way to deal with it is exposure. It will be uncomfortable but over time you figure it out. That's what I did and I'm almost a functioning adult lol.

Attached: 1558546639109.jpg (641x626, 85K)

>implying we even Walk around
most of us sit in our cars and watch movies

A lot of times on the job you just pull through and it becomes another face for you.

thank you
based

get outside for 30 mins at least every day. It will change your view. Guarantee it.

Pls respond.

Attached: 1551584626748.jpg (3840x2160, 2.09M)

It'll make me less pussy so I can finally off myself?

i don't know, i just stopped going outside at all, ghosted all my friends and such. i never liked my course.

I spend at least an hour outside a day and I'm still too pussy to do it.

>Oh, and please, you LINKEDIN is crazy important. This goes for everyone ITT. LinkedIn is huge. I get emails weekly or monthly saying "hey we'd like to recruit you" and whatnot.
most of these are scammers / doxxers / spammers

Straight out of Uni, I was offered 65k. That was a no-brainer for me as I was used to seeing $180-300 dollar checks weekly from some dead-end retail job I worked while I was in school. I traveled to the west coast of the US, Central US, Florida, I was even offered to go to Alaska too but I said hell no. After I left, one kid even went to India. I

(OP)
God damn it, I forgot to add the link. Here's the sadness that accompanies working at GameStappo:
youtube.com/watch?v=JYOTqexoje4

>For example, the first job I held was with a rich ass company who was deploying CRM solutions to customers (they had a huge base). This wasn't comfy persay (shit ton of travel, but all paid form if you're into that, I wasn't so I left), but the pay was enormous. Ton of perks, lot of socializing, but the lifestyle wasn't for me. I took that experience and then found a cozy IS job at a local hospital where I work on IT solutions on charting Software. Cozy office job, good pay, good benefits (being a hospital), pretty secure job I'd say.

>he fell for the deployment team meme
let me guess, Epic? Cerner? Allscripts? All three are total dogshit
>he works at local hospital
based, I had IT job at local hospital as well, until they merged 2 hospitals into one bigger one, and a few years later outsourced everyone on the technical team
...got a job with another hospital, but as a contractor.

>don't mind me just pirating this image

>You don't want them to bring it up. Here's a taste of what I have on a daily basis.
>>"Are you okay user?"
>>"Maybe if you got a job you'd feel better."
>>"user why don't you have friends?"
>>"user don't you want a girlfriend?"
>>"What about when I die? What will you do then?"
>>looks of disapproval, sometimes they're not on purpose, sometimes they're just in my mind
>>"Do you not talk to anyone from high school anymore?"
>>"What happened to wanting to be an artist?"
>>talking to siblings with more respect than she has ever spoken to you with
Maybe you could just get a job lmao.

enjoy your aids

>working anywhere in a disease-filled hospital
>cozy

>had IT job at local hospital as well, until they merged 2 hospitals into one bigger one, and a few years later outsourced everyone on the technical team
Are you me?

I work at a chill call center. All I do is book kids bday parties at an amusement center. Each call lasts about 5 minutes. We barely get any calls and I spent 70% of my day on YouTube. We get to just wear casual clothes too.

Attached: 1557636117329.jpg (626x625, 112K)

>dropped out of uni
>can't even get an entry level job
>sleep 15 hours a day
>parents dont ask questions
>i know what they're thinking

Attached: 1551969783608.jpg (1024x665, 58K)

I always wondered what would happen if you try to take pictures of your ride. Now I know.

>tfw you rape the cute girl behind the counter, call her a nigger, and she can't retaliate in any way or you'll leave her a bad survey score and she starts crying but only after you leave because you don't like cry babies

Attached: 1378973630975.gif (500x500, 2.68M)

Based Gnostics

You'll end up like Chris-chan.

The first one, b. You ever been to their campus? It's crazy cool. And that fucking blows. I can't ever see my place doing that as we're huge, and the personal connections between the clinicians and technical team is huge, so outsourcing would be a giant hindrance in getting stuff done.

I can. Worst job I ever had was Best Buy about 15 years ago. Shit company to work for. I like to think that every time I buy something off Amazon, some manager somewhere at Best Buy isn't going to get his bonus.

Ah...we can all dream, right folks?

Attached: 1544667137581.jpg (2362x1292, 863K)

People will tell you to get a cert in A+...dont, it's the most grunt type work in the entire field and you will be paired up in high anxiety call desks feeling like shit. You can grasp a+ within a week, pretty much Printer stuff ping a device, basic knowledge of active directory, and filling out tickets. Expect people on your case for solving an issue for more than ten minutes and feeling like garbage

Just get yourself a net+ cert and lie your ass off on the resume for work history. Currently working remotely living the life of playing vidya while waiting on maybe 5-7 calls a night. Piss easy.

Attached: 1563138676760.jpg (600x477, 38K)

Had to deal with it with the previous manager(cuck manager I'll call him) at my work(I work at a small local resaurant in my area doing dishwashing).

>Started working at the place 2 years ago
>Manager then when I first started was an old man who was a total bro, and we talked and hanged out a bit after work
>He eventually stepped down since he was getting old and decided to do bar tendering(he has experience in BOTH management and bar tending)
>Next person that took over was a total cuck and had ZERO management experience
>Gets rid of half the staff because he whines about that "He can't afford to pay all those people" although we never had financial problems since the place makes tons of money
>Not to mention any of that shit ain't coming out of his paycheck anyway
>Cuck manager also treats the staff like shit such as giving them less hours and days to work and wanted them to work even harder which was pissing everyone off
>Cuck manager also drank beer on the job and he always looked like he was high(either coke or heroin)
>Fucking asshole always had the place packed with 100+ people parties and we don't have enough manpower to take care of it. If he didn't get rid of half the staff, we would've had enough to handle it
>Also cuck manager kicks me out all the time especailly when it is still busy as fuck thus leaves no dishwasher for rest of night(I work night shift)
>Sometimes I come in to work and see Mt. Everest worth of pots and pans all over my workplace which will take hours to full catch up while cuck manager tells me there is a party coming in in less than 30 minutes which will make cleaning up take me till midnight or later although manager kicks me out
>MFW that whole endeavor with the whole cuck manager

Good thing a friend of mine now manages the place(been working at the place for 5+ years and was a waiter before doing management) and things have been working well.

Attached: timetodie.jpg (399x382, 27K)

It was pretty bad.

t. Worked there for 9 fucking years

Does someone have the copy pasta?

>epic comes to recruit
>have to go work in wisconsin and use some shit called mumps
miss with that

It's not so much that I'm self conscious or that I'll think about how I could have handled a past conversation better, I just get an unstoppable feeling of misery from prolonged human contact. Even with friends and family I'm comfortable with I will need to remove myself from their presence after a few hours at most or I'll get stressed and my mood starts to tank.

I did uber for awhile but ended up moving back home too . 26 also in debt with a shit degree but I got a job at a warehouse . It sucks but it’s something for now. Thinking of joining the Air Force if they’ll take me

Based

What's your degree in?

Any anons have a job that let them work from home?
A job would be cool but I can't break my hikiNEET lifestyle.

>tfw my job is both. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I didn't sign up for this. Only the retail part.

Oh shit a fellow whole foods employee. Some customers there are the fucking worst.
>Be CA
>Bagging for an older woman
>Can you double bag my cake, the handles always break when I lift them.
>TL gets on our case about how many bags we use, but we can't tell the customers no.

Also have this woman who uses like 30 bags for 12 items or another who doesn't want us to scan her items because some radiation nonsense.

If you don't work in video games, then you don't belong here.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Do you know if Linux+ Cert is useful at all? I've been using Linux all my life and have been acing the practice tests for it.

For someone who's really bad at socializing and doesn't have a lot of job experience. What's a good job? I'm gonna go to college soon and look for a certificate

Attached: IMG_3884.png (709x427, 393K)

The worst retail to work at is a gas station. Most people come in for fuel, cigarettes, and booze. My station is more of a smoke shop than anything else. I mostly get the scum of the earth since most middle class people just pay at the pump and drive away instead of going in the store.

Attached: 1FF7B954-62D8-44A1-8669-56203EB361B3.gif (320x320, 2.71M)

Longhorn steak house my friend.

Fuck Best Buy. Any time I forget how god awful they are, everybody there is fucking useless. Whenever I do get one of the dipshit's attention, they literally never know anything and the rest of the time it's just them shooting the shit and looking slightly annoyed that I interrupted their conversation. I'm not typically an asshole, but I've told one of these cunts that they're bad at their job and walked out. I work in retail. I know when you're doing your bare minimum. I don't have to give you guys money, I'll either order online or go to Micro Center.

Same thing, you learn how to get over it. Also please consider going to therapy and sticking to it. You'll be happier and healthier in the long run.

Yeah I feel you, I've unfortunately have had to have a conversation with my baggers about not double bagging when unnecessary, but ultimately yeah if a customer asks you to double bag, you do it. If your TL calls you out for it directly, they're a bad TL. I've had customers tell me to put the eggs on the bottom and I've done it. Like OK you paid for these, idiot. Don't take this shit too seriously, it's just groceries.

Attached: mah4ie-b781002590z.120120916200129000gmv1941ib.2.jpg (600x393, 69K)

Like I said user. You learn to just deal with it. You'll eventually just grit and learn to deal with the stress. You'll meet a lot of retards and assholes but like magic it just happens. You'll fake a whole nother person. You remember those nice people you see at the stores? Yeah the moment you walk away they call you a fucking asshole. Not just you. Everyone. It's all fake user.

living the dream

Alright, still living at home at 26 isn't *that* weird. Common as shit in expensive ass major cities.

*Texas Roadhouse, wrong one

you also get to smack defendants' nuts

Machine operators are cucks. No one cares about you incels.

Depends on what level of IT you're going into. I'm a manager for the tech support division at my company. It's basically a call center. I interview people first and if I approve them, they get a second interview with my boss. Our requirements are very low since we give a full training on the software. When I interview someone, I'm just looking for someone friendly that seems to have a good attitude. I weed out anyone that come in their baggy jeans or show up late. Honestly if you have a good work ethic and seem like a sociable person, you're already off to a good start. I've hired plenty of people that don't have much IT experience, and also not hired people because of how autistic they are. Sorry anons, I know a lot of you fall into the latter category but there are some real nutjobs out there.

Lel, it's not for everyone I guess. I hear the work is hard over there/hours are long, but pay and benefits (especially time off) is great. I knew a girl who worked in there, she hated the weather and long hours so she just became a consultant/contractor instead

Attached: 1559592176863.jpg (468x676, 39K)

Why do these threads that typically have a lot of depressionposts and shit get so many anons trying to 'fix' people?
I want money not to get rid of my comfy feelings of despair.

Attached: SZS.jpg (1440x900, 234K)

you think you can get away with not wearing that at work? HR wanna have a talk to you about sensitivity

Retail's not so bad if you're part of LP. Depending on location a majority of it's glorified doorman or fucking around in the back on cameras. I would never do it in some shithole area though.

This is why people lie in interviews
If you're looking for social skills in an interview im going to bullshit everything.

What about a ccna ?

Just pick any trade. Find a trade school (may cost you unless you can get a grant) or an apprenticeship. There are so many trades in desperate need of a new generation of workers.

Any anons ever work in a coffee shop?
Was offered a job and wouldn't even have to interview for it but I have no idea what it's like. Never even worked a place involving food.

This, honestly don't feel bad if you're contributing towards the household, do chores and are actively working towards getting out, like taking courses, going to school, improving your physical and mental health, working on getting better employment, stuff like that. It's a weird, shitty thing, but it's not uncommon for people to live with parents or to even move in as a couple to save up for a house. The housing market in CA and US is dog shit, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I doubt it, they can't force you to wear a pin to support gay pride. Nor is it in their best interest to force employees to wear anything. Source: worked in very lgbtqlmnop+ environments and also worked in HR for years. It's not as big a deal as you think it is.

shit suckz

>Job interview.
>Gets asked questions
>1. Tell me about your experiences.
>2. Why did you choose this company?
>3. Do you have any certifications?
>4. If you wrote a fantasy book what would it's title be? What would the main characters name be?
>5. Why did you leave your previous job?
>6. If you were to interview yourself what is the first question you'd ask yourself?
I don't get why they asked these random weird questions.

Depends. Is it a chain or a small indie, hipster type place?

They wish to impose their will upon someone else, as if you were their surrogate child.

definitely a hipster place.

I worked at EB in high school. It turned into a Gamestop. Up until 2008 or so, it was an OK job depending on the manager. After that, there were so many regulations it sucked ass.

God, he looks EXACTLY like the kind of person that would do that, why are so many people such caricatures, holy shit.

>If you were to interview yourself what is the first question you'd ask yourself?

Attached: 1563782024998.png (800x800, 21K)

Then it's probably fine and not enough pressure, because it always takes FOREVER to get your order at one of those places and they will probably let you do your thing as long as you do it well. Try it out, if you don't like it you can always leave. You'll def meet some interesting people and even get your little pecker wet.

Man, can anyone in fucking Yea Forums have a high-brow job?

I'm starting to think me being a software developer is like being a 500k per year surgeon compared to you guys.

Sure I don't make much money, but still.

>retail
>warehousing
>ups

Get a degree and get a proper job, a respectful job bros, one that possibly won't make you want to kill yourselves on a daily basis.

Sure, you can find work with that but the issue is the resume itself. Some of these companies will only hire experienced workers who have already been in the field for 5 or more years. Nepotism and knowing how to lie get you a job. They will ask for technical questions but at the end of the day, it's customer service.

not too much pressure**

>Integrated studies
I did kinesiology but lost motivation so I chose a general track just to finish . So it’s basically business/politics and kinesiology .
Pretty fucking shitty

#4 is really weird, but maybe the person interviewing you just likes fantasy books and wanted to see if you'd be a match for the company. I listed that I play vidya as a hobby of mine and got a job where the store manager was a total bro to me because of that. Treated everyone else like crap tho, lel

Attached: constanza josh.png (573x433, 617K)

At your whole foods do you get those regulars who come right at the tail end of closing and take their sweet time? For reasons unknown to me, people come 3 minutes before we close and do a full shopping spree. Had a customer who didn't leave until 40 minutes after closing.

>How good are you at sucking cock?

Die yuppie scum

>high brow job
>looking down on people this hard
I get by and I love my job and have made many friends and connections through it. Can you say the same?

Attached: 1558377788835.jpg (500x281, 41K)

I can concur.
>Worked at a gas station for two days before saying fuck this

>1. Tell me about your experiences.
This is to see if you are an interesting person. No one wants to work with a bore.
>2. Why did you choose this company?
To make sure you put in the minimal effort to think about the interview. If you can't answer this, you didn't try at all.
>3. Do you have any certifications?
This depends on the job.
>4. If you wrote a fantasy book what would it's title be? What would the main characters name be?
If you immediately answer they will know you are autistic and will blacklist you.
>5. Why did you leave your previous job?
They just want to see if you are an asshole. Blaming the boss or company of your previous job shows you are insubordinate and are not worth hiring.
>6. If you were to interview yourself what is the first question you'd ask yourself?
This is just to catch people off guard with purposely stupid questions. If you take more than 3 seconds to answer, you are incapable of thinking on your feet and not worth hiring.

>If you were to interview yourself what is the first question you'd ask yourself?
"You're hired, when do you want to start?"

why did whole foods stop selling rabbit? I've been trying to find a place to get some but everywhere online only sells in bulk and I'm not looking to buy 15lbs of rabbit for $200

>another who doesn't want us to scan her items because some radiation nonsense.
I've heard stories about customers like this and I don't understand why you don't tell her it has to be scanned and you won't take extra time to key in each and every barcode just for her. It's a ridiculous request and a fucking red light isn't going to give her cancer

Honestly I feel like they wanted me to fluster or something. I didn't list all the questions obviously but the guy sprinkled in weird shit.

>Get a degree and get a proper job, a respectful job
No.
>one that possibly won't make you want to kill yourselves on a daily basis
Why would I want that? Wanting to kill yourself gets comfy after a while.

BASED

The trades thing is a huge fucking meme. You can easily get ripped off and paid pennies. but some trades are pretty good

Radioshack

That is a blatant lie repeated by those same companies to pull wages down. There is no shortages, just very low fucking pay.

>implying

You literally do nothing. Barely anyone bothers you except for occasional retards and even then theres no whining middle aged soccer mom's asking for refunds. Sounds like a great part time gig to me

Yea Forums unironically is mostly children

What I don't get is why there are so many entry level shit wanting near minimal wage and 5 years experience. Who the fuck would take that?

I don't ask what you do on the weekend idiot. It's less about what your answer is, it's more about how you answer them. Speak calmly, clearly, make eye contact but don't stare 'cause that's creepy. Don't stutter, mutter or go off on tangents for minutes at a time about a story about your dog. A little nervousness is expected and is totally okay. If you really are good at bullshitting, that will get you far.

Every one of these threads makes me feel blessed for my job.

Attached: 1517498592016.png (487x487, 280K)

What's an easy trade?

People who were dealt good hands in life don't tend to hang out on mongolion basket weaving forums.

Feels good working at IKEA
>3 dollar meals
>5 minute grace period to punch in
>either just cashier or do carts, both are straightforward
>big break room with comfy seats
>sometimes free food
>staff gives us cart chads free cold drinks
>you can do carts at your own pace as long as you get it done
>In some cases you can listen to music and do carts
>train your body from pushing rows of carts and walking all over big parking lot
>gym discounts at blink available for true /fit/izens
>get paid about a buck and a half above minimum wage, get paid 16.40 an hour
Based Sweden

Attached: 1563334530752.gif (500x375, 586K)

Go work in the food industry. You get the gross Gamestop customers, trumptards, karens, and idiot incels all in the same place with added coupons and having to be nice to get a tip

I worked the same job for 6 months, and spotted a few inconsistencies in your story. We too couldlisten to ear piece etc. however, you can't take breaks whenever you want, you have to be relieved from your station. While the managers were never rude to us, we didnhave to meet certain daily quotas, and therefor you couldn't just leave your machine running unattended. Also, these jobs are usually staffed by a staffing company and the pay is usually only a quarter above minimum wage. In Oregon the minimum was $11 so I made $11.25, which isn't that good. Not to mention temp-to-hire jobs usually don't attract the most desirable people in general. I personally didn't really like it. You can't talk to fellow coworkers since you have to focus on your station and it's loud, and the work is tedious and boring. Listening to sports talk shows and podcasts is nice I guess, while working, but even that isn't very interesting after a while. I'm not trying to say you're lying outright, but I find it hard to believe you can take breaks whenever you want, and that you even enjoyed it lol. Most people there tolerated it, or took it because they couldn't get anything else (ex cons, mesitzo women who can't speak English but need to work so they choose entry level job with no customer interaction)

You underestimate how shit the market is.

What the other guy said you gotta remember Yea Forums is mostly young. I’ll admit I just fucked up in college and didn’t network/get a decent degree.

Paying for it now.. Shit was mad fun though no regrets

I've worked at dozens of Whole Foods, yeah this is definitely a thing. Some of them legitimately don't know the deal, some of them get off on it. It really depends on whoever shiftie, but as a TL I've definitely told people that they need to come in and get out in a reasonable time and that I won't let them pull that shit again. They grump and complain, but they follow the rules. If it's that big of an issue, talk to your store leadership about it, they legitimately might not be aware of this. Also I don't know your region's rules, but everywhere I've worked, you are not required to stay past your scheduled shift, so you can literally just say, hey I can't stick around and leave as your shift ends +- maybe 10 minutes. There's nothing your supervisors or team leaders can do and if they're forcing you to stay you can raise a real big stink and bring regional Team Member Services into it and they do not want that.

Source: worked at regional TMS lol.

Shit actually not sure that's a good question, maybe because of the cruel animal practices? I never worked meat, but that's my guess. No way to get it sourced that meets our standards I'm guessing. Judging by those prices, there's not that much demand for it, so the supply must be limited.

Attached: 1550850881215.jpg (963x1200, 103K)

LP BOYS WHERE THE FUCK WE AT?!

SHARE SOME STORIES

Don't ask me, I really want to tell her that all items in any store that has a bar code is scanned multiple times before being put on shelves. I wonder how she can walk in the store since we have an automatic door and wifi. Actually I wonder how she goes on her day.

NOW HURRY UP AND GET MY MOTHERFUCKING TENDIES

If you have a car and insurance, delivering food is pretty easy. Very minimal social interaction, just asking restaurant workers for the order and delivering it to someone's door.

Profitability will vary on your area though but I usually get about 15-20 an hour in a metro area of about 200k people.

Holy shit I fucking loved that lego game as a kid

The fantasy novel question is there to throw you off your pre-canned game and see how you react when an unexpected situation arises. Maybe see if you have some basic bare bones creativity.

I grew up close to the poverty line, dropped out of college with hundreds of thousands in debt, was NEET for 4 years after dropping out, and still got a decent job. No excuses.

The main LP boy died a couple years back.

Attached: 12308942.jpg (648x365, 33K)

This place is soul crushing, and it is only because of the corporate bullshit. Your coworkers are usually cool as fuck, 60-70% of your customers are chill and if its slow they hang around and just chat about games. Sometimes its CoD bros and I have no idea what they are going on about, but it isn't so bad. But every fucking week dealing with oh we need x more preorders, this store is getting shit on for having low preowned sales, if you guys don't use the shitty store tablet more you are fired, if you don't sell cricket phones you are fired. The list just goes on and on. I got fired while being the fill in ASM when we lost ours, took all his duties and was doing the ASM conference call twice a week. One week our district had low preowned sales, our store was the lowest, and I was the lowest in our store. They said I could write hr to tell them "what I did wrong and what I would change in the future" and I told them to go fuck themselves.

>I really want to tell her that all items in any store that has a bar code is scanned multiple times before being put on shelves
Tell her this. Either she realizes how stupid she's being, or stops coming to your store. She must be a pain in the ass to deal with if she buys more than 3 items at a time

>my pain is greater than yours!
shut the fuck up retard, nobody cares, take your shit to /adv/

>Work retail
>Trying to find a new job
>Every single job listing that isn't retail cucking wants years of experience and a degree
>Hardly pays more than minimum and usually no benefits
I'm genuinely asking, what job can I get with no degree/experience? Do I simply have to go and get a degree?

A degree is now the new high school diploma. The US is so backward-ass with its education system, it's quite sad.

Degrees aren't a magic ticket to getting a job either. You need networking and connections. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

physiognomy is real

>he doesn't have a comfy local game store near him

Table service is the worst. I was skilled enough to be a busboy and then cook so I didn't have to deal with customer, but damn I saw poor saps getting abused out there

cheese wall

>spotted a few inconsistencies in your story

Why do you think he works at the exact same place as you?

Degrees are a meme. Don't waste thousands of dollars on it.

I meant smoke breaks, by the way.

I work at an Internet Cafe and I would happily work at a Gamestop and the alike instead.

this reminds me of Dunkin Donuts applications from like 10+ years back (maybe they still like this) only they were way worse

>Internet Cafe
>2019
Where do you live?

Luckly that one experience with the 40+ minute was during our inventory night so regardless I was scheduled to stay 30 minutes more to help out, which isn't the issue. It was just our supervisor bends backwards for customers and lets it ride. he was standing with them the entire time and didn't do jack shit. When they were looking up their prime it took an extra 25 minutes for them to say "Nevermind I can't find it." We close at 10 , usually I work until 30 minutes after we close and some people won't leave till 10:15, 10:20

>Tell her this. Either she realizes how stupid she's being, or stops coming to your store. She must be a pain in the ass to deal with if she buys more than 3 items at a time
Don't want her going to my supervisor and getting me in deep shit for an asinine reason like that. I somewhat like making 15.60/hr for just standing around and wanting to kill myself.

Garbage fucking (You), waste of time.

Then how do I go about getting a decent job? I also don't have any connections

Australia

>t. sheltered suburbia kid

This user got it right.

I used to work with a guy who was fucking one of the waitress' on the side
Actually, ya'll mind if I blog post for a moment? But holy FUCK there was this really good waitress I used to work with. She was a borderline goth, and she legit played video games. She used to come and tell me about how her streams on twitch were going and how much fun she was having with them. If she didn't already have a boyfriend, and one of my friends didn't have a hard on for her, I totally would've at least tried and talked with her more.

Attached: things i wish my employees would say.jpg (661x360, 60K)

I can't imagine just telling her the truth would get you in trouble
>mam just so you're aware, every item in this store that has a barcode is scanned multiple times before it ever gets put on the shelf. That's just how the store is run, and I hate to waste your time by entering these in manually since scanning has nothing to do with radiation
I'd even run it by your supervisor first if you're worried. I would have no patience to deal with her

I know a good place to get rabibit. try your lawn at 3am

how do you make money user?

Doing what?

I don't know if this will work as I haven't tried it myself yet, but the theory seems sound. Look for local mom and pop shops that are hiring. They will not pay much. But with a small shop, you will get more experience since they'll ask you to do a lot of different things. And those places tend to build loyalty so if their business grows, you can grow with it.

Not as easy as it sounds. There is actually a lot that needs to be done. Commissary, Stocking and organizing the cooler, Cleaning everything only to be fucking wrecked 10 minutes later. And my boss purposefully understaffs in order to put more money in her pocket. So it is usually one or two people that have to do everything at peak hours.

That supervisor's a basic bitch, that's not OK. If you're comfortable, talk to your TL or STLs and bring this up. You can also transfer stores fairly easily as long as you're in good standing and as long as there are other locations around you. Again this is speaking from someone that used to be Front End TL or Store Support, whatever it's called now. Don't feel like you're stuck at where you're at. I've worn many different hats around in the company across a few regions, but I'm also fucking awesome and get shit done.

I don't.

>I really don't need a raise, my review alone was more than enough
>of course I don't mind working late
>Given the chance to keep working here, I would gladly accept a cut in pay
>We decided to work this weekend to get things ahead
Only absolute cucks would say any of this

prostitution

Anyone ever transcribe audio for a job?

>But with a small shop, you will get more experience since they'll ask you to do a lot of different things.
This doesn't really matter in the long run. Let's say the store is a grocery store, they could have you running all kinds of errands and getting experience in multiple fields, but all the employer reading a resume will bother seeing is "grocery store" and think you're making the rest up

Thread's about to die but whatever lol I just got home.

Gamestop employee (SGA) here ask me anything.

Yeah I know the trade values are cucked and the website is shit and outdated it's supposed to be "modernized" later this year, got a preview for it this morning

Attached: oxide.png (489x600, 309K)

D'aaaw. As a teen, I remember posting in life threads such as these. They were a great part of the Yea Forums culture back then (as gay as that sounds). I always wanted to work at a grocery store with a bro and just chat vidya while working. I'm a grad now and have a full-time though.

Attached: 1447485301265.jpg (665x1404, 153K)

just fucking tell the dumb bitch she's swimming in infrared light whenever the suns out

Aren't you worried about the business going under? There's simply no way gamestop will keep going on in a few years time

>wagies try to pretend neets are pathetic and have no money and working is totally awesome

>meanwhile in reality ragie wagies are making DAILY 500+ post threads full with seething over having shitty jobs they probably don't even need to have but do anyways because they want to be normies

Attached: 1563191135483.jpg (1085x775, 510K)

Brilliant

Thats fucking dumb. Should've sucked it up and finished your degree, then you can start NEETing.

t. computer engineering graduate but a NEET

Waging sucks, but it's offset by having money to spend on luxuries.

user, as a longtime NEET myself, I'd rather a board full of wage slaves than with people that think they're above them by being a NEET. You're probably not even a NEET yourself, you're probably a kid still in school posting this because you think it makes you look cool.

Here’s a serious question. How do you lie about experience? Has anyone ever before here? Did you get caught?

>Military
hooo boy that dude is in for a rough time

The trick is to just enhance what you've done, not outright lie, unless you're a fantastic liar. Which you probably aren't if you're asking.

>Other people are out living
Define this "living" without using any opinionated words. You can't can you? So who are you to decide how a person should live their own lives? Do you even know these people? As if you cared. You see the thing about these NEETS is, they at least have parents or someone that still love them no matter how low they've fallen, no matter how deep in despair their in, there's still some bit of love in down there. Unlike you where if you do even 1 small thing your pears don't approve of, your gone, and that's all you'll ever care about is someone else's approval. Your parents, you classmates, your coworkers, nothing more than pretending to be nothing but smoke and mirrors for people you don't even care about who don't even care about you. So keep dancing waggie and watch your children become trannies as your lineages ends with them. Enjoy your life no matter how simple it is.

Attached: 1552854121887.png (1000x1000, 170K)

then how do you live? how can you afford food? video games? internet? do you really have parents that don't care at all?

How shit is it working there? One by me is hiring. Do I really have to nag about preorders and have a quota?

>Aren't you worried about the business going under? There's simply no way gamestop will keep going on in a few years time
Yes. I literally only stay because my co-workers and regulars are chill and bro, the hours are flexible, and vidya discounts. Behind the curtain, corporate is on suicide watch doing as much as they possibly can to cut corners, recoup losses, and essentially "reboot" the company (Reboot is also the name of the initiative they're undertaking to accomplish this). Reboot includes the website redesign I mentioned, "first aid kits" for consoles that get traded in and it's missing a cord or piece (so the customer isn't turned away or charged for the piece they're missing), and other bizarre things like ditching the smartsafe in favor of mailing the nightly deposit to corporate because paying Brinks to do so is an unnecessary cost.

A lot of what's going on behind the scenes right now is hinging heavily on whether PS5/Scarlett will continue using physical media. Other than that, we're kept afloat by Fortnite collectibles and PSN cards.

Attached: homer.png (1099x1402, 522K)

>You literally do nothing.
Stocking, cleaning, making coffee, prepping the roller grill,serving customers, there's very little "downtime" because when there's no one in the store that's when you have to get all this other stuff done. Not to mention when someone outside doesn't know how to unscrew their gas cap, or use a credit card, or pump gas, or spills gas, and you have to help them.

It's an old woman who comes in once in a while and she avoids me so I don't have to deal with her often. She is better than our germaphobic customer or this other old woman who splits the belt and have me scan an item and put it on the other side so she can bag it herself. That shit gets me mad.
He really is, but he might be moving to a different store because they had him train in all departments for some odd reason. He is pretty chill and he makes sure everyone is doing their jobs, but sometimes he gotta tell the customers to get the fuck out when we are closing up the store.

I'm pretty fucking sure the "radiation" from our LED scanners is her biggest concern.

If I absolutely loved what I did, worked with genuinely based people, work was piss easy and viewed the place like a second home, then yeah, I would take a pay cut, provided I was already making a fuckton of money and it was temporal.

Of course, no job like that exists for someone like me, so there's no way in hell I would ever get to do that.

My family doesn't like me and I only leave my room to eat and when they force me to go outside with them.
I don't have the motivation to do anything that makes me happy and can't get a job with how I am mentally. I like it this way.

Feels good to draw on workmans compensation and dissability thanks to injuring my back.

Don't even have to walk to places, get a sick fuckin' chair. Dick still works and I can pretty much do whatever the fuck I want all day. Usually smoke weed, pop some pain killers/muscle relaxers and play some games.

Good luck out there in the working world. o7

Attached: 1558610719068.png (381x408, 83K)

Imagine getting paid to type code that indian monkeys could do to standards you don't agree with to make products you don't care about for people you don't like. I'd rather be a blue collar worker at this point.

Attached: 1533352496382.jpg (720x540, 44K)

>they had him train in all departments for some odd reason
He's probably going to be a floater if that's a thing in your region. Like somebody that works everywhere and covers breaks and or call outs. Maybe a shiftie, but probably a floater. Usually shifties don't actually have to know how to work every team.

psst. I know what you hate the most
lottery players

>Do I really have to nag about preorders and have a quota?
Yes and no. The hard quota wherein you can be dismissed for not hitting targets is "gone", but you're still expected to follow the "expected behaviors" and get numbers for your store.

My advice is just don't be a dick about it, read the customer, read their intentions, read what they came in the store for. You don't have to bust their balls everytime, but if you *feel* like this is a customer who might be interested in pre-orders, gamestop membership, warranties etc etc, bring it up. For me, it's so habitual that at this point I just say it like a fucking robot. If it's a kid, and they respond no when I ask if they have an account, then I just speed them through checkout. The greentext stories are real, but you don't have to do it every time.

Attached: 1435253141216.png (757x632, 349K)

author masterrace

Fucking rekt

>rich dad
>living well all childhood, spoiled as fuck only child
>graduated fine, studied like a bitch 100% legit
>Got a few jobs, struggled on some, current one is so so paying job
>bought my first 2019 brand spanking new car and almost done paying it off
>don't get asked to pay rent at my old mans house
>I still come to the Mongolian counterfeit nikey shoes sweatshop help desk.

Why is that?

Attached: 1558922894264.jpg (1024x1000, 190K)

Can I write an e-book with absolutely no writing skill or knowledge? I just have good ideas.

gamestop is literally the best place to work at
literally no effort is required
no cooking or cleaning up bathrooms
why wouldn't you want to stand behind a counter surrounded by video games and get paid for it?

More like Bitcoins master race.

I do but I will not share due to competition, just do some research

99.9% of books are written by people with no writing skill or knowledge so I would say, yes.

The only way I'd ever take a paycut and stay was if I was already making a ridiculous amount, I'm talking more than 100k a year, and even then I wouldn't be happy about it

Lmao

>no effort is required

Enjoy your TOHs, distros, perpetuals, and RSBs faggot

camwhore or hemp sales?

I only sent 5 resumes out when I graduated. I got 3 interviews and 1 offer.

>why wouldn't you want to stand behind a counter surrounded by video games and get paid for it?
Because I don't want to be robbed and shot at over video games.

Great, good to hear! Here's my paranoia with it though. I've always read that to "practice" good writing you have to share things you've written, and obviously get feedback on it. But doesn't that literally cause a chance for people to steal your ideas?

Can I ask, how was your "building up" experience period?

Attached: 41746c9c8fed0c8b64d99bbcc08146c220bdeb2b_hq.jpg (1024x819, 67K)

Im sure a majority of wagies wouldn't care.

Made it out of being a wagie and genuinely like my job, it pays well, and I made lots of friends here

Lol

I work at a Starbucks. I'm pretty sure my job is worse because of the dumb bitches I have to deal with, but I get paid better and don't have to push subscriptions.

Recently I have to deal with explaining to crazy white women that straws are optional now. It's really fucking stupid desu senpai

Attached: 1562813590692.png (597x753, 488K)

Just tell them it saves turtles

Attached: 7e0f6d8c661d71997f16e9d74e53105f.jpg (580x488, 43K)

>all this implication
Your life sucks and mine is great. My parents are proud of me and my friends always invite me to events. I have money to spend on whatever I want and a dwelling for if I want solitude of companionship.

Now delete this thread because I triggered you, faggot NEET mod

Young white girls are happy and talk about saving turtles, old white women are pissed about any minor change.

It can't be any worse than some of the discount Kobo books I've attempted to read.

>mfw I have a job interview this Wednesday for a welder/warehouse support position at some chop-shop.
The pay will maybe be shit, but I hope I pass it and go somewhere further in life.

Attached: 8745874.jpg (480x542, 37K)

I played around with mining when it was about at a hundred bucks a coin but decided it was a waste of time.

If I get a job will I lose my depression and anxiety?
Because I kind of need those and don't want to lose them.

Part of me wishes I gone into a trade like as a welder or as an electrician. I really love computers but some of the coolest people I know are tradesman with big beards, that life seem comfy. shout out to Big Clive.

I'm in a similar situation. 25 years old living with parents. never had a job.
thankfully, I started browsing /biz/ in 2017 and made myself $120k after taking a small loan
I have no motivation to work, but I wonder how long that's going to last

>tfw IT Helpdesk job with no degree
>making $17/hr right now
Should I go back to school? I'm making okay money right now considering I used to work at GameStop making minimum wage but I fucked up big time in college and only just now got done paying off my student loans, and since my GPA is fucked there's no way I'm getting any scholarships. I just don't want to be stuck in this dead end job for years, because goddamn do I fucking hate customer service.

Attached: 1534100876665.png (322x395, 201K)

not at all.

it may just get worse

Based.

>lose my depression and anxiety
Pic related

Let computers be your hobby, don't fall for the scam of turning your hobbies into a job, that shit will break you.

Attached: 1558851790670.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

>straws are optional

What?

Have you considered community college? shit's cheap af.

Pepe BTFO

What do you do if you don't have the motivation to do anything anymore? I don't want to be happy I just want to be able to get into art and get a job.

Since I live in a shithole flyover state, all the community colleges near me only do 2 year courses, then you move onto a 4 year university to finish up your degree. Unfortunately for me I already have 2 years + worth of credits and there's nothing I can do at community college for my degree path unless I change my major

you don't need feedback, you need to develop your ear, and you do that by reading good shit.

I would guess that the vast majority of good authors didn't have a little circle of author friends to bounce shit off of until after they made a name for themself

ideas aren't as prescious as you think. you think if Melville told people his idea we would have had a dozen Moby Dicks before he could finish his?

Jesus, you didn't have to pulverize the guy into a pulp.

Always love when the job threads pop up on Yea Forums, even if they aren't vidya.

Guess I should consider the job I was offered
then so I can afford some new vidya and anime figs.
I know what you mean but for the last few years my family keeps telling me getting a job will help me feel better but they don't realize that's a turn off and feeling like shit gives me a comfort feeling.

>electronics store
I've worked in one for a year, it was a huge pain
Sure, you hope for people who know their shit but that's a very small group of people and most people don't know anything and can't understand simple concepts
They buy without thinking, so they'll either buy the most expensive shit or the cheapest shit and won't listen to me when I tell them it's not a good decision
If a person wanted to buy a cheap Chinese phone, I'd tell them to invest a little more or don't buy at all because they'll regret their purchase when it dies on them 2 weeks from now
I'd rather lose a sale than sell a bad product
Not only because I felt like I should at least be a little bit honest but because I knew that if they'd buy it, they'll come back to bitch at me that their phone shat the bed even though they are told over and over again, before the purchase, that the warranty isn't redeemed at our store and that we don't have a lab in store to fix their shit
>"I bought this phone this morning and it stopped working, what's wrong with it?"
>I don't know, you'll have to take it to the place that issues the warranty, they'll fix it right away
>"No! I bought it here! I demand you personally care take of it right now! Fix it!"
>I can't fix it, didn't the person who sold it to you explain all this?
>"They did but I bought it HERE and since now you're HERE instead of them, YOU have to fix it RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW"
There were also a lot of old people who wanted to buy stuff like laptops, tablets and all that but they wanted to buy the most expensive shit because they thought it translated into quality
When I'd ask them what were they going to use it for, they'd say they wanted the I7 laptop to surf the internet and maybe Skype so I'd always offer them something way cheaper that was a good product that suited their needs
Again, I don't give a shit if I don't make a big sale since the kickback in these cases is really negligible

Attached: 1499065578719.jpg (1200x675, 242K)

Of course he doesn't, he works at CVS. He just dishes out the Xanax for anxiety but has no understanding of the reason why (it's not his job to anyways).

>tfw employed through my university
Yeah it's part time and it's 10-12 hours per week but it's a sweet gig. Work is piss easy and I get some spending money

>then I could afford some new vidya and anime figs
literally the only reason I even I have a job

That looks like a happy work environment. Just look at all those hats. Some day you could work your way up to blue hat. Damn, that's a dream to shoot for.

micro center is based

smokin cock

I found going outside for even just 10 minutes brought back my desire to play video games and got rid of the anxiety of apathy. If I sit out for longer, the better.
Just start out with 10 minutes a day. It'll get better.

But I don't want it to get better.

Anxiety isn't a real thing stupid fuck.
Zoomer Millennials say these kind of shit because they are lazy piece of shits who don't want to do anything.

Attached: 1555681607976.jpg (442x500, 8K)

You're like 16 and browse whatever shitty boards you found on Reddit aren't you?