Say hello to the final two DLC fighters, Yea Forums!

Say hello to the final two DLC fighters, Yea Forums!

Attached: 1560280780206.png (850x447, 694K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2015/09/26/sakurai-on-character-choices/
strawpoll.me/18351416/r
i.imgur.com/uhsegW5.png
strawpoll.me/18345258/r
strawpoll.me/18337609/r
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/470871757/#470874746
strawpoll.me/18346830/r
strawpoll.me/18351421/r
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282?s=20
youtube.com/watch?v=MY6gkmxGF2k&t=0m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=0z9ygWEwK8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19472.msg1252539.html#msg1252539
twitter.com/UNTIESWORLD/status/1147796417823383552
gematsu.com/2019/05/touhou-hyoibana-antinomy-of-common-flowers-coming-to-switch
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/446252992/
twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1123595820169777158
twitter.com/niconico_test_1/status/1073789370606354432
youtu.be/jO0QuIEokSo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjXBhD12fA
smashbros.com/wiiu-3ds/us/dlc/index.html
sourcegaming.info/2018/02/21/the-potential-of-simple-actions-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-535/
youtube.com/watch?v=q7MGbUYslrU
youtube.com/watch?v=FMex4f8cwEY
youtube.com/watch?v=bYVX6b9svuE
youtube.com/watch?v=S_6ChXTP9TA
youtube.com/watch?v=PkhCNx-8Qos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reimu is never going to happen if this DLC is being marketed to everyone all around the world, even Doomguy to an extent isn’t likely due to having zero presence in Japan.

Great, two characters whose Smash fans don't actually play the games they're from.

Who's Reimu?

>implying

>reimu
Literally who

Doomfags clearly at least played 2016, not the games that are why he matters in the first place.
Imagine playing MGSV as your only Metal Gear and being shocked you're not getting Venom Snake as the rep.

All of you are deluded

Sans (Undertale) and Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV) would be perfect.

>reimu
who? here's your actual fighter's pass

Attached: smash.png (1120x625, 1.09M)

Attached: rosterfagging.jpg (1656x1200, 615K)

>tfw MGSV was the only Metal Gear game I've played

Reposting from last thread, here are the reasons why the following "characters" aren't going to be in Smash:
>Monster Hunter
Already represented in game with Rathalos. Wouldn't be exciting or surprising if revealed. Capcom has better potential reps
>Amaterasu
More irrelevant than Banjo. Uninteresting literal who to every region. Capcom has better potential reps
>Phoenix Wright
No move set potential. Prove me wrong. He's not a blank slate like certain Smash characters. Don't pull shit out of your ass.
>Reimu
Literal who. Doesn't even have a official series logo. Generic anime girl. The new Steve
>Agumon
Design is too boring and generic. Would be neat, but started as a digital pet toy, barely even a video game
>Kasumi
Wouldn't get in before Ryu Hayabusa. Boring design, uninteresting move set. Not worth dealing with CERO
>Llyod Irving
Boring anime character. Expecting three JRPG protags in the same Fighter's Pass? Fuck out of here.
>Sylux, Porky, Byleth
Not expecting anything 1st party in the current Fighter's Pass. Porky would be cool, I guess
>Undertale anything
Doesn't need an explanation. You're a retard if you expect Sans and brain dead if you expect Frisk/Chara
>Rayman
Spirit, also boring as sin
>RE rep that isn't Leon
Personal bias, I guess, but Leon has a lot more personality than the other RE reps. Also starred in a game recently. Probably won't got any of them since I doubt they'd get Paul Mercier back to voice Leon. Maybe Jill to prevent sausage fest.
>Steve
Not as popular as Minecraft. Boring character with a boring move set. Works better as an assist or stage.
>Heihachi
Was rooting for him initially but in hindsight, is pretty boring. Both VAs are dead. Let the character rot in PSASBR
>Klonoa
More irrelevant than Banjo. Wouldn't get in before Crash
>Kos Mos
Fucking who? Seriously, who bitch this is?
>Morrigan, Mai, Nakoruru
Two are a CERO nightmare and the other is a literal who. You do the math

Refute me

Attached: 175.png (750x750, 39K)

He’s in!

Attached: 2D4094DA-207F-4F1F-B97A-18B1555390E2.jpg (245x245, 21K)

If they were marketing to everyone around the world. They failed with 2 literal whos to begin it.

He’s boring=I don’t like him=irrelevant.

Yes, but my delusions are good delusions.

Attached: 005.gif (220x274, 302K)

I wonder who this person wants in smash?

Disney'ed, get fucked Crashtards

>Crash
Design is too boring and generic. Doesn't even have a official series logo. Boring design, uninteresting move set.

I want this lawyer in Smash.

Attached: badge.jpg (506x481, 43K)

This is completely unrelated to anything at all and doesn’t help nor harm his chances, but the current English voice actor for Maya is the same woman who sings the Lifelight main theme, Abby Trott. Just thought it was interesting to note, thought it was similar to how Xander Mobus is the announcer and also Joker’s voice actor.

Attached: B8E9AA5F-AFAC-4717-998A-6659C31F0C8E.png (511x392, 42K)

That's a neato fact, Wrightbro. Thanks for sharing.

Attached: 002.gif (256x192, 19K)

back to /vg/ with you.

Attached: EQpVjPX1_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

i want tony hawk for smash

Attached: n64_tony_hawk_pro_skater_2_p_2898b1.jpg (640x468, 53K)

Arle Nadja!

Attached: tankit.jpg (406x499, 45K)

Where the fuck is Hero? At this pace, the last fighter pass character will be released in late April/early May 2020.

Has to be this week. Speaking of which, what does everyone want added alongside Hero in this upcoming update?

Homerun contest was already datamined, so it's going to be that.

>Disney'ed,
huh?

Wow, really?

Between Stage Builder and now Homerun Contest, I'm glad Nindy's taking the opportunity to also add back some old modes.

When was this?

who's the fourth one

>Joker
>literal who in Japan
>where Persona released prior to the US and became Atlus’ best selling game ever
Autism

I think Disney is trying to buy Activision

An investor only suggested Disney should buy Activision, Disney didn't actually do it.
Make sure to check the context before you jump on dumb conclusions.

Realistic Mutemen will never ever be in smash!

Attached: Fightme.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

Real talk, how the fuck do you people keep talking about this game?

The pacing of the character reveals and generally any new info for this game have been fucking abysmal. (I sure did love having to wait months in order to see fucking Isabelle get unveiled, and then having to wait like another two months for the last Direct). In between it all we've been doing is just circle jerking the same 10 god damn characters over and over again. It's fucking boring.

At least Smash 4's DLC had other stuff like new/returning stages Mii outfits, and that shitty tourney mode to fill in the gaps between Ryu and Cloud. After E3 this year there's literally nothing to talk until Nintendo finally releases Hero which they're taking their sweet ass time with.

Attached: animated_atrocities__spongebob_you_re_fired_by_regulas314_d8wy5qi-pre.jpg (1196x668, 86K)

As someone who has never played a Touhou or Doom game, I fully support these two being the final characters.

Attached: D87hPRmVUAAbxKk.jpg (606x562, 64K)

>Sakurai somehow gets 10 ska punk songs in

I-IT'S NOT RELEVANT, BUT MY CHOICE, GENO, FROM MARIO RPG, IS SUPER RELEVANT
Agumon and Digimon as a whole, are more relevant then anyone on that list.

>IT'S A DEAD SERIES
It's actually still going strong. Only reason you haven't been seeing too much of it is because either A) You see it as a competitor to Pokemon and are a nintendo purist. Or B) Translator teams are doing shit with it.

>IT'S DEAD
Actually no, it's still getting anime, manga, toys, video games, and even cards, and recently, a phone app, in Japan. Hell, they even had a recent string of movies.

>BUT GAMEFREAK SAYS
Gamefreak, for one, has zero to little say in Smash. The only reason they're in the credits still is because of Jigglypuff and Pikachu.
This is like saying the following:
>Nintendo would never let non-nintendo characters in
Joker, Bayonetta, Snake, Megaman, Ryu, Ken, Simon, Ricter, Pac-Man, Sonic, Cloud
>Nintendo would never allow Religious characters in!
Simon, Bayonetta, Ricter
>NO GUNS!
Snake, Bayonetta, Joker

Agumon actually makes sense, you're just too autistic to see it.

Attached: 08C9184E-1A7C-4A56-8A7F-3BEDB5649109.png (640x480, 295K)

No argument

>seething reemufag
Lmao

>well-known and popular series, active playerbase across all the games in the trilogy
>relevant, anyone familiar with vidya has at least heard of it in some form or another
>spiritual successor to one of the oldest 3D JRPG series and one of the oldest 3D Japanese console games
>remaster was announced to the public via a Nintendo Direct, and it's one of the few non-Nintendo series to get an amiibo
>brimming with potential for moves due to the sheer amount of weapons, spells, and items
>tons of stages, music, spirits, etc to pull from all three games
>composer for all three games has worked with Smash since Brawl
>Bamco loves promoting it, Sakurai has played the games, Nintendo clearly sees some interest in it

Attached: Elite_Knight_by_nigelemack_d6odakx.jpg (777x960, 324K)

I just want Geno to get in so the muh relevancy fags get blown the fuck out and the door gets blown wide open to characters that aren't just meant to be in the game to market their franchises.

FOR THE LOVE CHRIST JESUS ALMIGHTY SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT SMASH DLC UNTIL HERO AND BANJO RELEASES OR WE GET SOME INFORMATION I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A DATAMINE OR YOU'RE SD CARD GET SMASHED JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!
>471371936
___'RE AN EVEN BIGGER FAGGOT THEN OP SO MUCH SO THAT I'M NOT EVEN GONNA TYPE IN (___)!
FUCK OFF WITH YOU'RE "HE IN" BULLSHIT FOR JUST ONE SECOND AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE YOU'LL REALIZE THAT HE MY JUST NOT BE IN!
FUCK YOU AND DIE OFF LIKE STEVE!
sourcegaming.info/2015/09/26/sakurai-on-character-choices/
REMEMBER YOU'RE NOT FUCKING SAKURAI OR FURUKAWA OR EVEN DOUG FUCKING BOWSER! YOU.KNOW.NOTHING.

Attached: 1549750807458.png (1220x1080, 187K)

>YOU'RE NOT FUCKING SAKURAI OR FURUKAWA OR EVEN DOUG FUCKING BOWSER! YOU.KNOW.NOTHING.
same to you retard

It's happening and you god damn know it.

Attached: D_XviykWwAA4e5o.jpg (2048x1138, 325K)

Wrong image friend?

Attached: Samus_Master_Chief2.jpg (676x874, 602K)

NO. FUCKING. NINTENDO. HISTORY.

kek

Attached: 2019-07-20 14_55_39-Sakurai On_ Third Party Characters – Source Gaming.png (719x79, 12K)

Attached: E6668860-FDA5-418E-BF22-B1720C78869E.jpg (820x1063, 171K)

>rulefagging in 2019

Third and final round of voting is complete, here are your two winners. Doom Guy dominated all throughout the polls, placing first in the nominations, the top 16, and top 8. Much like in the courtroom, Phoenix proved an underdog that went from 7th in nominations all the way to the final four... though ALSO like the scrupulous lawyer was caught cheating near the end. A noticeable spike of votes occurred earlier today for both Phoenix and Reimu.

However, the final two themselves have yet to change (albeit a slim lead by Doom Guy) and even detracting stacked votes, Phoenix still had more than enough to claim the 2nd place spot. Thank you to everyone who participated with this experiment, as well as those who offered critique: I should make a point of saying here these results were prone to stacking and so final results may obviously not be accurate, but at the end of the five days this is where the polls stand. Congrats to Wrightbros and Doomchads.

I'll do this again in another month or two with Google Docs for more accurate results, assuming we haven't learned who one or both of the final two fighters are by then.

3rd round results: strawpoll.me/18351416/r (pre-stuffing: i.imgur.com/uhsegW5.png )
2nd round results: strawpoll.me/18345258/r
1st round results: strawpoll.me/18337609/r
Nominations: boards.fireden.net/v/thread/470871757/#470874746
Bottom 16: strawpoll.me/18346830/r
Bottom 8: strawpoll.me/18351421/r

Attached: winners.png (1280x720, 940K)

No

Attached: 3rd Parties.jpg (1656x1200, 591K)

Attached: 408490FF-72B9-4221-8C49-13B7158B9F2D.jpg (1334x750, 157K)

Would you be angered?

Attached: Kat.png (1748x2032, 1.13M)

I really doubt we're getting a 2nd Western platformer and a 4th Capcom rep especially after how much shit they have in the base game, same with Konami

No, actually.
I wouldn't be excited, per say, but Kat would be a fine fit for Smash.

Anyone else hate that they went with Joker instead of Jack Frost for SMT?
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't SURPRISE me that they went with him, but Jack woulda been such a better pick and won't feel dated withing a few years.

Attached: pissed patchy.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Your opinion holds no value.

Phoenix Wright was literally already in a fighting game faggot

Persona - has previous history with nintendo
Pac-Man - has previous history with nintendo
Street Fighter - has previous history with nintendo
Megaman - has previous history with nintendo
Sonic - has previous history with nintendo
Castlevania - has previous history with nintendo
Final Fantasy - has previous history with nintendo
Metal Gear Solid - has previous history with nintendo
Bayonetta - has previous history with nintendo
Banjo Kazooie - has previous history with nintendo
Dragon Quest - has previous history with nintendo
Halo - has literally NO previous history with nintendo aside from a fucking CANCELLED BETA DS GAME

Also to add to this, Microsoft and Nintendo decided to have Banjo be the Microsoft rep. If you honestly expect two reps from the same company on the pass, you're delusional. Chief is out, deal with it.

Attached: 031f257bd8ba946644956f9404dd9363c2ccae67.png (562x534, 22K)

and yours does? We're all in the dark about this

>rulefagging in 2019

>Persona - has previous history with nintendo
Buddy, one spin-off game for the 3DS isn't much fucking history.

demifiend would've been even better.

Why is everyone shilling Chosen Undead all of a sudden?
Seems like the only link is Bamco to me.

Couple mega autists same with Doom.

Not only this, almost every single one of them started talking about Doomguy AFTER the 5chan leak.

>I-I-It's not enou-
Shut the fuck up. It's still legit nintendo history. It's a series that has previous history with Nintendo. End of story. Nigger.
Tell me.. what do all the 3rd party reps on the roster have in common? Go on, just tell me.

Attached: 1447764805117.png (624x318, 150K)

FUCK YOU NIGGER I'VE WANTED DOOMGUY SINCE SM4SH

Attached: anger.gif (488x519, 400K)

>Arguing with a quote from the director himself
retard

>If you don't think what I think you are delusional
double retard

care to go for a triple?

see CU has been talked about as early as fighter's pass initial reveal but didn't start gaining any traction until recently with the Namco costume theory. It's not a 100% lock obviously but there's no real reason to rule him out

I just want Geno and Ryu Hayabusa. Geno's chances are pretty slim, but seeing how every other never ever including Banjo got in gives me a bit of hope. Hayabusa is the only classic game character left that I can think of that has a solid chance to make it, I just don't know if they would call him Hayabusa since we already have a Ryu. I know we have two Roys as well, but one is just a skin. Man, I'd main this motherfucker in a heartbeat.

Attached: 56913504_425798954657460_7394489209135072240_n.jpg (619x495, 28K)

Attached: dlc fighter pass.png (1980x1112, 2.03M)

5ch leak used him because people here were already talking about him

Genofags are honestly the worst.

Hmm.. oh I know!
Every third party has broken an arbitrary fan established rule that was only pushed by autistic patternfags?

>>Phoenix Wright
>No move set potential. Prove me wrong. He's not a blank slate like certain Smash characters. Don't pull shit out of your ass.
UMVC3 didn't happen I guess.
please reply I love knowing im better than someone

Never. it was made up right now.

neither will Lloyd or Sylux lmao

Every single 3rd party character on the fucking roster has history with Nintendo. Also that "courtesy" thing? It still applies to 3rd party characters with Nintendo history, just not as long. You dumb assholes have been misinterpreting Sakurai's quote. He means that characters that are new to Nintendo get the welcoming red carpet by being put in Smash.

>There has never been a western character so Banjo isn't in
>There has never been a mature character so Bayonetta isn't in
>There has never been a character with guns so Joker isn't in
Imagine being an unironic patternfag after all of this

Nah, you've just been making shit up. Sakurai has no issue adding characters without Nintendo History and Nintendo has no reason to give a shit so long as they stand to gain something from it. There is no Nintendo History rule, if there is then provide a quote from Sakurai because your observations mean jack shit.

Name a SINGLE roster with more testosterone.
You can't.

Attached: HIGH TEST.png (432x330, 301K)

Needs more girls in bikini's.

user, what do you think the alt. costume's for the women present are?

Besides Grunty and Tooty.

I wish they'd just drop the hero already. I can't fucking stand living in this limbo where Geno could be deconfirmed or have one of the biggest red flags yet.

Either the costume's back and he's dead, or the costumes absent and its super sus and we have reason to believe again. I can't believe we've been doing this for a month already

Attached: rage.jpg (1080x600, 285K)

Spirits deconfirm

Based

Attached: piZap_1563479814891.jpg (720x428, 264K)

Sigh... Every time with this

Attached: mewtwo trophy smash4.png (512x512, 145K)

Spirits don't confirm or deconfirm anything.
They're just pictures with little fights and stats attached to them.

The only poll that matters
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Attached: 2019-07-19 16_35_40-SSB4Dojo's Smash Poll Data Consolidation - Google Sheets.png (329x638, 17K)

You're forgetting Nintendo is choosing the DLC, not Sakurai. Fucking idiot. So anything Sakurai has said in the past means jack shit because Nintendo is running the show.

If only there were a character with nintendo history AND that Sakurai likes.... Hmmmmm....

Attached: sakurai quote.png (725x318, 20K)

Alright? And again, retard, Nintendo would not give a shit so long as they stood to gain something from it.

Wright's always right, lads!

Attached: 001.jpg (575x603, 35K)

>newest game & upcoming one aren't even on Nintendo
>metroid prime 4 got delayed, japan barely likes the series
lol

>stagnant collectible
vs
>equippable in-game item that has dedicated attributes, music tied to it, and an area in the story mode

WHAT DO THEY GAIN BY PUTTING MASTER CHIEF IN SMASH. LITERALLY. FUCKING. WHAT.
And don't say "money" because unless a game isn't coming to switch you can fuck right off.

Sure thing Sakurai

Publicity.

By getting Xbros to buy a Switch just to play the Chief beating up Mario. Microsoft gets good PR out of it.

Ok, literally doesn't disprove the idea that spirits deconfirm. But yeah youre right that png image does do a thing

>Travis
worth it

Money
Why would no halo on switch affect the sales of the dlc?

>Joker
>where Persona released prior to the US and became Atlus’ best selling game ever

Attached: Persona-Central-Infographic-Sales-2019.png (1600x7460, 235K)

They straight up told you that unlike Smash 4 DLC was planned ahead of time this game and Piranha plant mysteriously doesn't have a spirit.

>What would a console developer stand to gain by adding two characters owned by another console developer who has a good number of games exclusive to them and also intends to create service that allows you to stream any game on any device.
You know user, I really don't fucking know.

Attached: 87907492347082.png (447x182, 47K)

Here’s some food for thought then: DLC was decided before the game came out, so why keep a spirit in the game for a character that would just be coming later down the pipeline? For example, if Geno were coming, why keep the Geno spirit in the game for launch when they could just use it for his fighter spirit?

DLC was planned, not characters were already chosen.

if Geno (by some fucking miracle) gets in, it won't be on the Fighter's Pass, but as a separate "bonus" character like Plant was

They already get enough of that so it's pointless.
Just stop it. This is fucking embarrassing. You got Banjo and Kazooie. End of story. You retards are not and WILL not get MC or another Microsoft rep. At best you're getting MC as a Mii Costume along with Steve if it's even possible.

Attached: 0f58db92a4c7606f05bcb7a04cb001e5e0624f70_hq.jpg (599x364, 45K)

Reminder it's KOS-MOS and Doomguy

Use his Smash render like Cloud does
Rename the current Geno spirit to Geno (Classic)

>literally who and doomguy

why?

Just stop.

Attached: 1546221315289.gif (214x214, 1.27M)

the Fighter's Pass was already picked out well before the game was launched.

Spirits don't deconfirm
Do you faggots really think that if Nintendo execs want a character in, then Sakurai will refuse them due to a measly PNG?
That being said, Geno is NEVER getting in and neither is Shantae for that matter.

>Namco and Capcom Mii outfits still gone
Its probably Chosen Undead and Leon

You can't faithfully dispute Chief and it kills you

great taste

But why bother doing it at all if it would be required to change it? Why make uneccessary work for yourself by making a whole new battle and area for the spirit to be in WOL when you can just hold off on including it entirely?

>N-NO! I HAVE NO ARGUMENTS A-AGAINST YOU SO JUST SHUT UP!!!!

Attached: 1492020302819.jpg (242x409, 29K)

I swear to fucking god rosterfags get more retarded each day.

because Bamco helped make the damn game and all they have is Pac-Man still as a Rep, while Capcom and Konami get three reps.

And it's KOS-MOS because she's basically Bamco's go-to for cross over characters.

If the Geno costume comes back will they update the spirit battle so its a mii gunner with the costume instead of shiek, for whatever fucking reason

Attached: contemplation.png (248x263, 67K)

Ignoring the missing Akira and Jacky costumes.

Source?

Never heard of them but I guess if they're that important to bamco I can see it.
Honestly I'd be happy to just get Doomguy. Anyone else is unimportant to me.

Sakurai's twitter?

Attached: E4DF8445-4EBF-43C1-A850-CD38E4141796.jpg (900x547, 153K)

Link?

She's the main character of Xenosaga, and was a hidden blade in XB2.

She's like Bamco's very own Ryu/Morrigan, anytime they are invited to do a crossover game she gets picked first.

Attached: Xs2-kos-mos1.jpg (250x333, 19K)

Who owns that? Tecmo? I guess some of these outfits are just not coming back then

Right here

Attached: Link_SSBU.png (1478x1604, 2.1M)

Yea I haven't played those yet but I can see it now.
My bad.

based

Thanks user. You're a coool cat

Attached: Geno thumbs up.png (525x468, 245K)

Almost four days left, Porkybros. Fingers crossed!

Attached: 1552444700195.png (4752x2207, 3.96M)

Sega. And it's the one thing that most people who believe in Mii Costume Theory ignore. There are two outcomes with those, they either didn't make the cut, which is just throwing away money, or are going to be sold later. But if it's possible for that to happen, the same could happen with the Capcom or Namco costumes.

>in Smash games, RPG characters usually has the best gear possible
>Link, while having the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, also has one of the shittiest fucking bows in BoTW, it deals no damage and breaks if you look at it funny
makes me mad man

Welp

Attached: disapointment.png (242x191, 73K)

If they gave him one of those bows that shoots like 5 arrows at once Links would just spam neutral B even more than they already do.

They dont want a rep, also most of their ips are dead and I dont think Sakurai is retarded enough to chose a third RPG swordman after just adding one

doesn't KOS MOS use entirely guns in Xenosaga though

It’s possible that they’re only reselling the mii costumes that sold well last game as to not waste dev time and rights negotiations for stuff that won’t sell.

just give him like a fucking Royal Bow or something, I know it's not the best but it's solid enough

>In Smash games RPG characters usually have the best gear possible

Eh not really, that's just Fire Emblem because the character's iconic weapons are their best ones. Shulk has the earliest version of the Monado and I don't think Corrin's Yato is the fully upgraded one, and isn't Buster Sword Cloud's default weapon?

If you want an answer to this, from what I noticed from these threads from the past couple of months, most of it is basically fueled on shitposting, don't remember when Steveposting was a thing for literal MONTHS cause it was an easy (you) farm?

The other half is just due to the fact that multiple gates were opened with how characters were added into Ultimate, and considering that this is possibly the last game all pistons are running for character-fandoms since Smash Bros boosted the popularity of most series that get playable characters in the franchise.

That's actually a good point about Cloud, but I'm pretty sure Corrin does have the fully upgraded Yato, that's why it's a chainsaw.

I love Reimu!

Attached: 15252140516734.jpg (496x725, 145K)

Im talking about Chosen Undead, I dont think Kos Mos even counts since that's just another Xenoblade character

Attached: 65BCA625-5B7C-48F5-BAA1-CB73BA61ACF4.png (623x216, 53K)

>"B-B-But Phoenix has moveset potential because he was in MvC!"

So were the fucking Servbots, does that mean they're in as well? If anything him being in MvC3 goes against his chances since they aren't going to just rip off his fucking MvC moveset and throw it in Smash. They didn't for Megaman, they decided to stay true to the NES games and make up a new moveset. What does Phoenix do in his games? He points at things. Sometimes he yells too.

Attached: kh1kw1b6hlb31.jpg (748x509, 117K)

Chainsaw Yato is Corrin's best.

Those cotumes came in a bundle though,

check your source fag.
reminder that this guy also uses Kratos to avatarfag.
(You)

Attached: 234056987.gif (700x500, 223K)

I know it's a chainsaw at the full upgrade but isn't there a really really real full power version on revelations?

>erdrick
Stop posting this shit

I mean, they added Corrin right after Cloud

>Doomguy
I doubt that they would call him Doomguy since he's officially Doomslayer now.
Leak seems kind of legit, but people were "leaking" Hero and Banjo long before the post was made. Doomguy and Chosen Undead just seem like safe bets. We'll see.

Yea, that's what it is.
It's not a chainsaw in the other routes.
Trust me, I spent way too much fucking time on Fates.

Attached: marth the following.png (377x408, 202K)

technically, calling XI "Edrick" isn't wrong

No shit, dumbasses, and his move set sucked ass in there as well. They scrapped the bottom of the barrel to make him work. You think Sakurai is going to put his finger lasers in Smash? God, you guys are fucking idiots. Like I said:
>Don't pull shit out of your ass.

she would be a Xenosaga character though

didnt they add like 2 FE characters as DLC plus Cloud? maybe we might actually get 3 JRPG picks again but at least its not FE I guess, unless they say fuck you and shill that new game but that would cause a riot

Phoenix can embody the gameplay loop of AA, as in investigating for evidence then using it for a turnabout in court. As he fights opponents, he can gather stronger and stronger evidence to use against them that can be stored in a “court record” ui element by his portrait to present at the right time, just like the games. Yes, I know it’s similar to UMvC3, but Ryu and Ken are incredibly close to Street Fighter anyway already. Not to mention we’d have no need for finger lasers or bad evidence.

Just stop faggot you're gonna give crash a bad rep. I want him in but you're just gonna put him in the same level as steve.

And XI is called Hero in Smash, not Erdrick.

Yea but the other was fucking Roy.

>but Ryu and Ken are incredibly close to Street Fighter anyway already

They come from the most iconic fighting game series of all time, no shit they play like SF

Nintendo themselves decided they wanted Banjo to represent Microsoft in the pass. Not Chief. And seeing that they're choosing one development team/company at a time, I would not at all count my chickens about MC getting in. It's damn near impossible to bet on, especially seeing that Frank O'Connor outright deconfirmed him with no hesitation.

I know that, I just meant it as in they aren’t afraid to take directly from other fighting games. I know they had no choice, but the fact still remains that they willingly took moves and ideas from another fighting game.

but what do they gain from adding her? reviving or porting Xenosaga?

>Expecting Master Chief
>Expecting Porky
>Expecting Geno

My fucking god you people are delusional. You're getting either Ryu Hayabusa, Doom Slayer, Crash Bandicoot, or Leon.

Attached: 1447369700751.jpg (960x720, 74K)

it still technically counts, like how Joker is supposedly a SMT rep despite coming with zero SMT content

Phoenix doesn’t need finger lasers or bad evidence or anything like that to work because Smash isn’t a conventional fighting game. He didn’t work in UMvC3 because they tried to force him into a more serious meta driven environment, but that obviously isn’t a problem here.

For me, it's Kasumi.
She has the leaks, the data mine, the interview, and the relationship with Nintendo.
I'm thinking she's in.

Attached: Doa6-kasumi-key-art.jpg (850x1500, 145K)

>intendo themselves decided they wanted Banjo to represent Microsoft in the pass. And seeing that they're choosing one development team/company at a time
Citation needed

>especially seeing that Frank O'Connor outright deconfirmed him with no hesitation.
You know what else Frank O' Conner deconfirmed? Halo 2 Anniversary, and that ended up happening now didn't it?

Grant Kirkhope also deconfirmed Banjo.

No dipshit. He said "I wouldn't get my hopes up".

>You're getting either Ryu Hayabusa, Doom Slayer, Crash Bandicoot, or Leon.
And why is that? And no, they have popular games on Switch is not a reason.

Talk to CERO first

Here's your second dlc swordfighter, dood.

Attached: Prinny.png (920x903, 580K)

>relationship with Nintendo

She has like 2 games on Nintendo platforms. A 3DS game nobody bought, and fucking Xtreme 3.

Do you think Sakurai would be so based to include her Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan alts for Kasumi?

Attached: Kasumi_Fairy_Tail.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

A deconfirmation is a deconfirmation retard, it doesn't matter how softly you word it.

You do realize her ninja garb and many others are fully clothed right?

You're getting Ryu. Fuck off waifufag.

it was Kasumi from P5R

Tecmo's relationship with nintendo. (Hyrule Warriors, FE Warriors, MUA3)
Cope.

Ninja Gaiden is one of the last few major NES/Famicom franchises
Doom pioneered the FPS genre
Crash was one of the few "cereal mascots" that actually gave Nintendo and Mario a run for their money
Resident Evil pioneered the survival horror genre and is the biggest nip franchise not in Smash currently

Boring character, literally a generic anime girl with no moveset

Ryu. Hayabusa.

If Bayonetta and Persona can get in before any of these, legacy status and relevancy don’t matter

When will you rosterfags learn that people can lie on an NDA
How the fuck is this not common sense?

So basically
x represent y genre
x is popular
and whatever that reason is for Crash

Reminds me of the guy who kept trying to push cucking Sony as a legitimate reason for Crash, as if they ever cared for him at all

>I am inevitable user, run from me, hide from me, I arrive all the same.
/V hates Kasumi because secretly they it's her.

Attached: DOA5_Promo_Kasumi.jpg (720x720, 74K)

From a fighting game with more.moveset potential then you trying to pick up at a bar.

What does she even do though

Again, what’s her moveset?

Wanna know who else mysteriously didn't get a spirit when relatives did? I'm pretty sure he's in.

Attached: 300px-Adventure_Rabbid.png (300x571, 145K)

I see Crash being less likely than the other 3, but not enough be under Wright and Chosen Undead in terms of realistic choices.

The guy who directed DOA said he would put Kasumi in Smash over Hayabusa of course he would say that, as for who Tecmo or Team Ninja whatever would choose I don't know but I'd assume Ryu

Attached: 1544361351032.jpg (672x413, 349K)

Hoe, shut up b4 u make a nigga pull out da choppa and lite yo dummy ass up.
This unsolicited, undesirable silly ass how better not even think to step into Smash Bruhs.
Nigga Leon Kennedy and Crash Bandicoot finna lite yo whole world up, on 4 n em.

>someone with no say on anything says he’d put in a a character from the game he oversees

I don't know how Reimu became the new meme pick, but despite that and my belief that her chances are pretty dang low, it would be pretty fuckin' neato if she got in.

RipandTearMan would be pretty cool, too. He's got a huge pedigree, but seeing him in Smash just seems off.

At this point though, it feels like practically anyone's possible and I'm honestly happy with pretty much anyone. Sakurai will make it work.

>"Yeah, this is the 25th anniversary of Doom. I mean, it was not the first first-person shooter, that goes to Wolfenstein which is also an ID [Software] game,"
>"But, Doom is definitely the one that made it massively popular and widened the appeal of it, so it’s pretty cool to be in the midst of shipping a new Doom game while we’re also in the 25th anniversary."
>"We’ve got a lot of stuff planned at QuakeCon and, who knows, maybe some more surprises for Nintendo fans on the way,"

I want to believe. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Attached: D_xe1RYWwAYMME2.jpg (680x816, 107K)

>maybe
It’s gonna be ports, dude.

Yes also that scrapped Kasumi alt literally has to be Kasumi from Persona, she's basically female Joker

this would be unnironically based

I can't

This is the first time I've ever seen this thread, did you make the image yourself?

Eternal is already announced for the switch and 2016 is already on it, what would the port even be?
1? 2? Final? Fucking 64?

Superman in Smash would break the current era and revive skateboarding on its own.

>Heihachi
Today he got announced for KOF All-Stars. Which means Namco is not retiring the character, or at least, not completely.

Get fucked in the ass, pastafag.

Attached: VRwkBAiNR68lpJV3800Oy6SmwBvnDRjTkSrEOK0KyzL1hq4qhj6p1oenPVIldDMZeiiGWkDW4XTX6DO3.jpg (965x540, 404K)

>Pancake theory is real.

Attached: 1563304816881m.jpg (1024x576, 59K)

>durrr it's just gonna be ports
listen to yourself. actually fucking listen to yourself. pete himself admitted he talked to nintendo regarding smash and he knows how much of a big deal it is.

*blocks your dlc slot*

Attached: Dixiekong.png (480x480, 161K)

K.Rool is the last DK rep, don't kid yourself.

Nobody cares about girl diddy. Cranky would be cool though.

>Cucks Sony by joining Nintendo's party fighter instead of Sony's PSASBR.
Holy based.

Attached: 1563304498587.png (902x652, 359K)

YOU listen to yourself.
You expect a 4th Dlc slot to be announced before the 2nd and 3rd are even released.

It's almost as if you people only make excuses at this point to deliberately see how Sakurai can destroy them. You are setting yourselves up to get BTFO every day.

Attached: 0c8.png (491x327, 128K)

Pretty sure disclosing talks to Nintendo about Smash would break any NDA he is under. So if he did talk to them about Smash then it's far more likely it never went anywhere.

This would be retarded, cause why not include her in base roster? like Third party just works and makes more sense over First Party when it comes to DLC

Attached: 1540530864088.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

And why couldn't they do that?

>All 3 mascots from the 90's console wars in a fighting game together.
Sonyfags btfo once again.

Attached: 1563305015755m.jpg (815x1024, 119K)

They could but they won't. They want to space out reveals to keep smash hot

fuck off

This, we literally got two announcements last fucking month, and neither have released. No way in hell is it gonna be announced at Quakecon. We have a better chance at getting an announcement at Evo, which is already slim to none..

They'd still have the last one.

The developers of that shit tried to get them but backed out when they rose the price for both Crash and Spyro

>Cucks Sony
funny, because it wouldn't be the first time CHAD bandicoot did that kek

Because Sakurai is retarded

It was 6th months between Joker's announcement and E3. And yet you expect them to just announce the second to last DLC character at some con that isn't even going to be viewed by a majority of people?

because none of the DLC were planned until after the game was finished besides PP, who was being worked on during development

G-guh-guys I finally found out wat the N stands for
Nintendo

Attached: 1563304625774.jpg (1024x576, 65K)

One reveal to carry smash through till February 2020?
At this point you're embarrassing yourself and setting yourself up for dissapointment.

I'm just saying it's possible is all.

Doom guy is possible
Doom guy being revealed at quakecon is something I would literally put my life on not happening, 0% chance.

Time to Crank Bandicock!
Fuck Leon
Fuck Doom
Fuck Reimu (weirdo neckbeard pick)
Fuck Geno
Fuck Isaac
Fuck Santae
Fuck Hayabusa
Fuck Agumon

Attached: 1563304314731.png (304x408, 151K)

Reimu will be on smash when sans will on a Touhou game

Sounds like enough potential for a move set to me.
There are characters in smash that did less in their games.

Even if he gets in you can expect his 2016 attire and title being "Doom Slayer", so Yea Forums will be furious even if he gets in unless he has a classic alt.

Wadup mustache man.
Im here to crash your little party.
Gonna smash my balls on a certain princesses peach if ya catch the lift of my drift.

Attached: 1563304224993.png (500x500, 281K)

Heh, touhoufags still trying to be relevant by leeching off putting doomguy with them?

How pathetic.

Based & Wumpa pilled fellow Crash poster.

Attached: 1563305134052.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

>mfw the eternal assblast when Reimu gets in
Reminder that regardless of whether or not you like her, if you dont know who Reimu is you're an ultra-newfag that needs to lurk more

Attached: 1525796164244.jpg (600x600, 78K)

Please put her in the game, or else.

Attached: 1540771719043.jpg (324x400, 18K)

>and title being "Doom Slayer"
So? Do people really think they'd call him Doomguy if he got in?

>when
When exactly?

>Fuck Leon
You’re no Crash poster.

Seethe harder anti-crashfags

Attached: 1563505241740.png (949x1058, 35K)

>t. stevefags

Attached: 23945867543234567.png (1200x811, 266K)

Better than fucking Gatornigger at least.

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt muh banjo
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: disgusting ugly fat fucking cunt.png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

....Good point.

Doom Marine would suffice

They literally confirmed DLC 4 and 5 weren't in development at the time
Only DLC 2 and 3 which we know are Hero and Banjo
There is no leak backing her

Your best bet is if they planned out post Fighters Pass DLC with those missing spirits in mind all the way back last year
I really wouldn't hold my breath if I were you though

Attached: 1546647764181.png (884x768, 939K)

i kinda agree but he was a miles better choice than Ashley.

>Companion theory
>Color theory
>Boomer theory
>Shill theory
>Pancake theory

Attached: 1563487820828m.jpg (1024x1024, 93K)

Nice try Reimufag. Of course you'd go more indepth on the one characterfag group you're from. I'm gonna put you in the ground.

Attached: 1536123286501.jpg (890x606, 77K)

>I kinda agree
Imagine being this fucking faggot

Patternfagging and baseless theories are meaningless and its asinine you use them over any articulated reasons why Crash would be in
Cut it out
You are better than this

>>Boomer theory
?

I'll refute MH.

Rathalos was a strong attempt at compromising representation, I'll give them that, but because of the nature of it not being an actual character, there's barely any love shown. Rathalos is put on a special pedestal, but that's it. Monster Hunter deserves stronger representation. I'm honestly betting the next Smash will at least fix this, but I would not mind a DLC slot being used up for either a hunter or felyne or blow everyone's fucking mind and use something like Kirin..

I still believe Sora will be the last character revealed, mostly because he would cause the biggest hype out of all the dlc reveals.

Being the most requested character for dlc, it would make the most sense business wise.

Attached: 1538175359382.png (222x326, 79K)

CRASH CONFIRMED
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NECKBEARDS

Are you guys ready for Crash and his female alt Coco?

Attached: 1563305210269.jpg (960x620, 72K)

>Leak
>Female throwing a weapon
its Gruntilda chucking spells as a stage hazard/stage boss

>Dixie Kong
>Pauline
>Gruntilda
>Joanna Dark
>Dark Queen
>Captain Syrup
>Lara Croft
Literally no testosterone in any of these picks, what the fuck

I don't care what you have to say. Porky is in the game in some way shape or form.
>No Giygas/Giegue spirit
>No Fassad spirit
>None of the Pigmask enemies have spirits to my knowledge
>The ASC uses the empty sprite instead of the sprite where Porky's inside
>Fuckloads of Mother music is absent from the game
>Year of the pig
>30th anniversary is in four days
>Earthbound was nowhere to be seen in the SNES online datamine, despite being one of the best selling games on the eShop
All of this is too fucking much to be a coincidence. I still doubt he'll be a legit fighter, but I can see him being at least a boss.
The difference between you and me though user, is that I'd be happy if Porky was at least a spirit. When your literal who doesn't get in, you'll spend days bitching on Yea Forums, making countless threads about how Samurai (pbuh) is a hack.

Attached: Porky 404.png (1084x675, 412K)

>2 square reps in one pass
Give it up

no one cares about your opinion about my opinion, and it's not your business that I'm gay.

We got Banjo so fuck zoomers theory

>be a boss
Was World of Light updated with new spirits or was it just the spirit board?
Why make a new boss only a 1 or 2 DLC characters can fight?

that's still pretty much the end of development. you're on thin ice

You have shit opinions for even agreeing in the slightest with that faggot.

ashley isn't as buttugly as gatorfuck at least

It's Kasumi's windmill shuriken.
*sips monster*

Attached: 1b_by_strunton_dckb6hh-fullview.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

If Boomer choices were the only ones that mattered, we wouldn't have Joker

If Monster Hunter gets in it should be Smash 6, and include Rajang as a character too

Porky is in the Absolutely Safe Capsule
Also nobody gives a fuck about Earthbound

No way Sorafag. If Disney was to get a rep it's Flippy.

Attached: 1534840508970.png (612x654, 420K)

L-lads, what if **nu**Lara Croft was revealed?

Shut up gay

>Biggest hype
Guess you didn't think about pic related

Attached: GW200H300.jpg (200x300, 9K)

never played much donkey kong, so maybe it's just a bias?

You’re not helping your case, you dumb fuck.

Never stop giving me (you)s, shitpost-kun.

Attached: porky boss fight.jpg (296x170, 8K)

>mostly because he would cause the biggest hype out of all the dlc reveals
You're delusional if you think anything will top Banjo at this point
Nintendo literally acknowledged that Banjo's reveal had way much more fanfare than they expected as well as much more than they normal get from Smash reveals

based

Boomer picks from here on out my little zoomster.
*pats on head*
Go take a nap while the adults talk smash kiddo.

These are your final two.

Attached: 1540309885296.png (741x727, 764K)

I've cracked the fucking code. Stevefags leave
these guys too.

Attached: 23945867543234568.png (1200x900, 373K)

Joana Dark x Snake is my OTP and it's confirmed!

>Kasumifags leeching off Leon
No one likes you faggot

Threadly reminder
>Reimu had a crossover appearance with Kirby in another Bandai Namco title
youtube.com/watch?v=MY6gkmxGF2k&t=0m5s
>Bandai Namco has experience with the Touhou series
>Bandai Namco also made remixes of Touhou music
youtube.com/watch?v=0z9ygWEwK8Y
>Bandai Namco also has licenses to Touhou fan music
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q
>Touhou is a pop culture phenomenon in Japan with two major conventions every year
>Sega and Nintendo sold arrange CDs at Reitaisai
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19472.msg1252539.html#msg1252539
>ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums
>3 Touhou fangames and an official spin-off is coming to Switch fairly soon
twitter.com/UNTIESWORLD/status/1147796417823383552
gematsu.com/2019/05/touhou-hyoibana-antinomy-of-common-flowers-coming-to-switch
>Leak mentions Rare Replay which was confirmed by Sabi, a very credible insider to be true, mentions DQ ports a month before DQ11's port got its release date announced and also mentions Touhou ports which are coming fairly soon
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/446252992/

Reimu is cute.

Attached: 1539847771789.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

actually to be fair I never played a donkey kong game, I never even heard of this krool guy until smash came around.

Im not shitposting.
Nobody gives a fuck about Earthbound or Porky.
The team that develops the games said they’d prefer if someone else made Mother 4, Sakurai said he wouldn’t have even put Lucas in if he knew Mother 3 wasn’t coming to the west.
It’s time to face reality.

>After all these years we finally find out whats in Froggers suitcase.
Its a smash invite.

Attached: kissclipart-frogger-frog-clipart-donkey-kong-frogger-pac-man-f828771e5a4c5c4f.jpg (260x260, 23K)

Why do you keep going you underage faggot?
Get some taste and quit being a faggot.

NEVER stop.

Attached: fat cunt.jpg (640x640, 47K)

KEK thinking Sora will get into smash after the let down that was KH3 and Disney owning Sora

>skyrim on switch
Lads...

Attached: todd.jpg (500x500, 84K)

I'm actually in support of Reimu, I think she would be a cool addition.

Attached: D_8izZ2X4AILIDT.jpg (1434x911, 170K)

They're in.

Attached: dragonborn and reimu.jpg (500x452, 84K)

Attached: 1553808780171.png (853x480, 337K)

Absolutely based.
>Leon continues Luigi trailer.
>Kasumi continues Ken trailer.
Just as banjo continued KKR's trailer and Hero continued World of Light trailer.

>actually to be fair I never played a donkey kong game
Go fucking play a DKC game you faggot
This isn't even about Smashfaggotry anymore, the DKC series is one of the most consistently solid franchises and has insane gaming legacy due to being the partial-face of the SNES
The SNES games emulate piss easy and DKCTF got a Switch port so you have literally no excuse

Attached: 1552316290789.jpg (465x636, 75K)

I just turned 18 last week so I'm actually not underage. Donkey Kong is for children and basically you're mentally underage for liking it.

BASED

user, Sora was the #1 most requested character in both the U.S. and Japan. If I HAD to guess based on the requested characters in these polls, I would put my money on Steve being revealed first, then Sora would be revealed last. followed by a fighter pass 2 reveal

Attached: IMG_20190509_185018.jpg (2048x1911, 445K)

>Nobody gives a fuck about Earthbound
that's just flat out wrong dude, i dont even want porky, i want Ninten, you're obviously a zoomer if you think earthbound isn't liked. you most likely came here around 2012 i presume.

You’re not helping your case.
>MUH (You)’s
I don’t care about that. You’re delusional and nobody gives a fuck about the Mother franchise. Not Sakurai, not Nintendo at large, not even the group of people who worked on the original games. You got lucky with Lucas. At most you’ll get a spirit for the Mother anniversary. Mother is never getting another fighter ever again. Not every character ever wanted for Smash is going to have a Banjo story. Accept that.

>fan polls meaning fuckall
Also, Sora's literally never been a top requested character in Japan

Japan's results to compare

Attached: IMG_20190510_033412.jpg (685x568, 97K)

>fighter pass being Steve and Sora
literally the worst outcome imaginable.

>Steve
Opinion discarded go back to your refugee discord.

>well actually I WAS underage just last week
>also this series I never played but have a bias against? Fuck it.
Faggots like you need stomped into the dirt. Enjoy your last (you), you dumb cunt.

You know I said that I doubted he's a fighter, right? It's like you saw Porky and instinctively decided to sperg out without reading the entire post. Why does this fat retard make you so mad?

Attached: 1536438283739.png (2518x1024, 393K)

For the 800th time now, that is an expectations poll, not a wants poll
That is a list of characters Japan expects, not a list of characters Japan wants

Regardless my point stands, at most you’ll get a spirit for the anniversary.

I have a feelin since historically DOA is a rip off of Virtua Fighter, Sakurai held back the Virtua Fighter mii costumes to give a cheeky nod when Kasumi is released also to further the fightin theme in the continued Ken trailer.

cope, ultimate gave us the most earthbound related shit, and if you honestly think earhbound isn't liked you're either a zoomer or this is your first day on the internet.

Attached: kumatoradefaultdance.gif (255x373, 3.73M)

That's literally what I said I'd be happy with. How does it feel to know that you argued with yourself for five minutes?

>Right now the team and I are working on the DLC. This includes the already announced Joker from Persona 5, fighter #2, fighter #3 and one more thing (translation note: literally なにか, something). Please look forward to the DLC!

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1123595820169777158

While the tweet is from May 1st, Pushdustin states it was sent on Ultimate's release date so
December 7th 2018

Earliest claim that a female character was spotted by the Nip leaker is December 14th
twitter.com/niconico_test_1/status/1073789370606354432

While he didn't mention the details of the character until months later in June, the fact stands that he claims that his source stated that a female character will be DLC.
He didn't know the name but he knew the gender, that points to him seeing a model all the way back in December and we were only given updates about in June.
Now before you make your argument saying the actual details didn't come until June let me say this.
Correct me if I'm wrong but given the amount of time between December and June, shouldn't the female model have enough detail to be properly recognized by him if lets say he revisited Nintendo and saw the female model again.
We know Hero and Banjo are the second and third fighters but do you really think they'd begin work on the fourth fighter long before the other two are even near being finished while being under a deadline and seven days after Sakurai's post saying they were only working on two more fighters and "something else" (likely Stage Builder) at the time?
We can interpret this in the following
>The Japanese twitter user's source mistook the model for something else
>He's flat out lying and got lucky
>Smash's development cycle is a bigger mess than we thought

DQ11 isn't useful for your argument
We knew a port was coming all the way back when the Switch was still called the NX

Attached: Otis.jpg (905x807, 31K)

unintelligent and a confirmed zoomer everyone, leave.

>You’re delusional and nobody gives a fuck about the Mother franchise
I think anyone who thinks Mother is going to get literally anything for its anniversary or any DLC at all is delusional beyond belief but you can't genuinely think this when Undertale has skyrocketed Earthbound's popularity within the past few years to the highest its been in decades

Attached: 1542376899471.jpg (500x501, 36K)

Stop it KH fags can't understand logic that's why they play KH

It's going to be fucking Lara Croft people are in hardcore denial over it.

>Muh faceless army man

>Kasumifags
I'm convinced it's one guy

Don't waste your time, anons. For some reason, Capsule-kun will never stop being butthurt. Reasoning with him is an impossibility, as he is blinded by rage as soon as he sees people like a game he's never played.

>We knew a port was coming all the way back when the Switch was still called the NX
People knew of this already, but the release date was not announced until the next month following the post which coincidentally ties in with Hero being in Ultimate.

Phoenix Wright is the first character on that list that could conceivably get in
>Sora is square enix, already got a square enix character
>Banjo's in obviously
>Hat Goomba can't get in, only 3rd party characters, also Sakurai has at least a little bit of good taste
>Steve can't get in, there's already a microsoft character
>Shantae can't get in, spirits deconfirm
>Geno can't get in, spirits deconfirm
>Phoenix Wright is not a character I really want but he could get in
>Rex is already deconfirmed officially
>Rayman could get in
>Crash could get in
>Master Chief can't get in, he's microsoft
>Doomguy could get in
>Dante could get in
>Porky can't get in, only 3rd parties
>Tails can't get in, Sega already has a character
>2B can't get in, there's already a square enix character
>The Knight could get in
>Monster Hunter could technically get in, but the MH devs have always been pretty adamant that the best representatives for their series are the monsters, not the monster hunters.
And before you say it, I am not a rulefag. I am simply not delusional. If I was a rulefag I would say something retarded like "durrr... phoenix wright can't get in because he uh.... has no moveset... rayman irrelvlvent...d-d-d-urrr.... crash bandictoot cereal box...sora weeb...."

you're not a rulefag, you're a patternfag
that's even worse

>>Rayman could get in
spirits deconfirm

>I am simply not delusional
Yet you think Phoenix Wright is possible.

Forgot about that, probably blocked it out of my mind because that spirit fight is so cancerous

Tldr
>pushdustin..
Get off /v you fcking smasboard discord cow posting faggot.

Wait a minute
>Later, on June 15th, 2019, he made another tweet claiming his sources came from his friend named Mr. H who visited Nintendo and saw the female character in development, claiming that she looks like she comes from a game of the fighting genre.[30]
>visited Nintendo
>Which is located in Kyoto
>When Smash is developed by Sora LTD
>Which is located in Tokyo

We're spreading like a virus.
The female fighter leak is too juicy

Attached: d607a3b0f44e2ca5864253428388f0f1--kasumi-dead.jpg (245x310, 25K)

The situation with Sora is weird. He's not owned by Square, but he's co-owned by Nomura and Disney. So technically he would be a Disney rep.

And before people say "DISNEY BAD" Disney has already said they would be fine with it, and it would ultimately be Nomura's decision because HE has full creative control of original Kingdom Hearts characters.

Attached: 1508148659117.png (230x230, 90K)

It doesn't add up to what we already know
Why begin her so early when they still had to do Joker and were already prioritizing getting Hero and Banjo done?

but letting disney in is a whole plethora of madness that would ensue with character requests

the truth hurts, user. you are brave for speaking it

Attached: PWdrink.gif (256x192, 4K)

100% in the first stage of grief.
Kasumi is coming.
Keep copin.

what's her gimmick?

Am I the only one who HATES that Disney owns Sora? They really don't deserve him and the Kingdom Hearts series that Square Enix makes for them. I feel like SE should make a bid to own all original characters. That way whenever Disney decides to SJW Up? SE just walks away with the original characters. I just hate Disney. Funny, I enjoy Kingdom Hearts, but it's NOT because of Disney.

Attached: Disney Takes Over.jpg (800x550, 101K)

Youve never developed anything for a game.
Early preliminary stuff is done super early probably all at once.
The mor detaild youget the more devoted you get in thatarea of development.

Also given the passage of time/gap between the first claim of a female DLC fighter and the details regarding them in June plus how according to the leaker's source that the model looked very unfinished
How do we know if the assertion still holds true?
Memory can get foggy and details can change over time
He didn't even mention it having a ponytail, that was specifically for a Joker alt costume that didn't make it in going by datamine

Wasn't Bayonetta in development months before Corrin?

Many beautiful alts.
Varying degrees of waifu.
Has jiggle psychics.

But kasumi is irrelevant everywhere. This was said about dragon quest but DQ was always an inevitability. Dead or alive is literally vaporware tier fighting game why would tecmo include the main character of a niche titty fighter when a character like Ryu hayabusa means something to Nintendo AND is in said niche titty fighting game.

>Many beautiful alts.
CERO
>Varying degrees of waifu.
Smash has been adding more and more females
This isn't Brawl
>jiggle physics
CERO

Not necessarily. If Sakurai were to put in something related to something outside videogames, it would 100% be Disney because the characters are instantly recognizable to anyone in the planet.

Which would tie in to Sora being the last character revealed, because he is a character that originates from a videogame, and still has the Disney spirit. Allowing Sakurai to bend the rules.

Dead or Alive is so relevant and notable, its not even in EVO

He said several
Plural

I think you guys are forgetting someone

Attached: FoMT_Pete.png (303x479, 177K)

he's in

Attached: 155-1557108_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-assembleamiibo-popeye-super-smash-bros-popeye.jpg (820x774, 116K)

DOA has an advanced counter system and danger zones.
So I guess her gimmick would be like her series fast striking juggling, counter system, and a dangerzone mechanic. (Different areas on the sage become hazards)

Dragon Quest Builders 2.
There's the possibility that some of them are still unannounced.

Sounds boring

Kasumifags need to be hung from a rope and shot in the skull in front of their families.

Attached: 1563596364758.jpg (125x122, 3K)

Doa's critical strike system.
When at low health you can deal criticals.

*ahem*

Attached: kyo.jpg (405x363, 25K)

Banjo is in.
DOA6 - 2019
Could also just be Nintendo doing a solid for Tecmo.

Nice

She's also a true ninja much more so then Shiek or Greninja.
Vanish with a cloud of blosso petals.

>rights negotiations
They literally made the character the mii was based on a full AT, they got the rights since base game

Banjo kazooie was a very popular game that rivaled Mario 64 as a platformer. DOA was a literal fanservice game turned competitive fighter that no one cares about.

Shes in regardless if we fag for her or not.

>skimpy bright blue clothed girl with no cover of the face
>more of a ninja than greninja

Attached: Spike Smeagol.png (3312x3832, 1.05M)

Invented counters in fighters.
Long lasting series.
Crossovers with any popular anime ie: fairytail and attack on titan costumes, but also other anime too

If that were the case why not add the literal ninja hayabusa. It makes no sense why tecmo would want kasumi in smash.

Got em
Kasumifags on suicide watch

Attached: zumi-draws-maishiranui38.jpg (764x1080, 272K)

For all that we know Tecmo coulda cut a deal with nintendo to get a dlc charcter for the fatal frame stuff.
Tecmo chose Kasumi proably becase doa6 this year and its a shill

>Never played DOA
She has many different ninja outfits.
Do u even play vidya games user?

SHE'S OUT

Too sexy for Smash?

yeah alternate costumes dont count user. story wise her clothes are inneffective in ninjutsu.

Attached: nigga, what the fuck.jpg (1920x1080, 669K)

Doom Guy and Leon Kennedy.
Anyone else can fuck off.

Attached: natalie-bernard-1-17leon.jpg (1200x1500, 223K)

>Part of hayabusa's clan
>Trained by Hayabusa
>Borrows Hayabusa weapons
Not a ninja.
Keh

Attached: C_065_01.jpg (800x450, 211K)

>Exposed for never playing ninja gaiden

Attached: DOA5LR_Kasumi_Ninja_2015.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Hayabusa is also a terrible ninja, even worse than Kasumi seeing how he always lets himself be seen and makes so much commotion.

played the first 3 NG games, and razors edge, own Doa5 last round. they're terrible ninjas, Greninja is actually a better ninja than sheik, and every ninja Tecmo owns.

Builders 2 isn't a port since its a simultaneous release among other systems

Attached: smash fighter pack.png (1200x675, 968K)

that costume is even worse than her default one, how the fuck is she supposed to hide with that?

i hope u crash faggots rot in fucking hell. just as bad as steve fags

Nintendo doesn't owe Tecmo anything

Has greninja ever drawn blood?

Attached: ninjagaidenkasumi.jpg (600x300, 49K)

If Rare Replay is coming to the Switch like rumors suggest, Banjo's a shill pick
Also, why DoA over Tekken?
Why it over Soul Calibur?

I don't think she'd bring weapons from Razors Edge if she'd be treated as a DoA character and not a NG character

no and no ninja should unless they have to, and even then drawing blood is a big nono as that can alert people that someone has been killed or wounded.

It's gonna be Geralt

BOOK
CHARACTER

Doesn't matter, Witcher is hot shit and just hit the Switch.

just realized I forgot the series logos

Attached: smash fighters pass.png (1200x675, 960K)

>No move set potential. Prove me wrong.
youtu.be/jO0QuIEokSo

Attached: objection.gif (1970x1460, 119K)

What kinda beta male doesn't want Kasumi playable, look at her trailer..
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjXBhD12fA

Attached: KasumiDOA6.jpg (849x1200, 244K)

Let me tackle KOS-MOS.

So, I'm sure you're unaware, but in the field of JRPGs Takahashi is legendary because of his work on Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, but especially Xenogears. The story of Xenogears' development inspired a lot of companies' directors who were working on large scale JRPGs. It was a rare collection of talent, and the game came out to critical praise in Japan.

This is despite the development being infamously troubled by Takahashi's scope of vision, ever expanding the game and working long hours to struggle to get all of the ideas he wanted featured into the title. It was one of the first interdisciplinary games in that it worked in anime production, 3DCG, game development, dot art, and involved many industry experts.

Why does that matter? He was looked up to for it in the industry. So when Square gave his team the boot, Namco wasted NO time in picking him up. They initially treated him well, saw decent sales, and then famously overtook him. As far as auteurs go for JRPGs, he even outshines Nomura in his love of control and grand vision. So, when Xenosaga was taken away from that vision, the only icon of his initial vision that remained was KOS-MOS.

1/2

KOS-MOS was originally written to be a character important to Xenogears' backstory, and Xenosaga was to tell the backstory in a tongue-in-cheek spiritual predecessor sort of way. He wouldn't get the chance to revisit this idea until Monolith was finally picked up by Nintendo.

At Nintendo, Monolith has delivered quality title after quality title with everything they touch selling beyond projections and receiving lavish critical praise. In Takahashi's latest work, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, who should appear alongside his revived Xenogears ideas but KOS-MOS? Though a minor character, she was treated with appropriate passion and love.

She is the icon of Takahashi's struggles as a video game auteur. An assistant programmer turned company president and director of hit after cult classic hit, he is revered in the industry. His continued permission to use the KOS-MOS character and his continued contact over the Xenosaga series is a testament to the impact he's left at Nintendo, Namco, and in the Japanese industry as a whole.

Additionally, she is a Bandai Namco character who has appeared in various titles since the Xenosaga series, there are rumblings of a Xenosaga HD collection, and the Xenoblade series has not yet concluded - and with Takahashi on record saying he intends to continue referencing his past works, KOS-MOS as a character has a future in the Xenoblade series.

Her moveset potential is also massive, boasting abilities no other character has access to - including a body that is made of weapons, powerful magic, and a giant robot. There have even been hints of more Xenoblade representation from Sakurai - outright apologizing that Rex couldn't make it in. As a huge fan of the Xeno-series, Sakurai would surely ask Takahashi who he would include... and the answer is obvious. Of that list, she has the strongest potential.

Add him and you give the Gokutards an argument
And Smashfags are retarded
They'd start asking for Harry Potter, Aslan, Sauron, etc because Yea Forums characters would be fair game

Your twitter also shows you're half Korean and Smash is made for humans

Again, why would they pick kasumi over hayabusa?

literally what

You know if she was a DoA rep like you keep preaching she wouldn't have that moveset right?
Besides, Hayabusa would be the better Ninja Gaiden rep

nah need more sexy bitches in smash

I'm sorry - My twitter? Is somebody else gunning for her as hard as me? I jumped into this thread late.

No matter what they do, the Smash community will remain shit.

It's gonna be Geralt and Sakurai is going to pull an explanation out of his ass for it.

>people are still responding to a shitty pasta

Nobody at Nintendo has ever said that the pass would be third parties only.

w-was i pranked
i'm sorry i just really like the xeno series :(

Based

Did we ever get the actual results of the poll though? How do I know this isn't just some twitter poll or something?

>Sakurai held back Akira and Jacky the Virtua fighter Mii costumes.
Did you know both of those Sega characters guest starred in DOA5 as playable characters?
>Why would these Mii costumes be the only Sega ones not released along side Joker?
Why user tell me why

Attached: smash_bros_x_dead_or_alive__kasumi_blossoms__by_gaming123456_d9v74kg-pre.jpg (842x949, 153K)

because the waifubait ninja spot belongs to her
if we're getting Tecmo, we're getting Hayabusa

Attached: asuka.png (611x757, 147K)

she'll get her chance

Attached: Kos-Mos.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Reimu would be awesome but I highly doubt it

>Implying we won't get spontaneous Mii costume releases that weren't tied to a character reveal like during the Ballot
Going with costume theory makes no sense for Kasumi since by that logic they'd still have to release costumes for Capcom and Bamco for the last two

because they're saving it for Hayabusa

Because those costumes arn't coming back

Leaks: Female from a fighting game with a thrown weapon. (Kasumi's Windmill shuriken)
Datamine: "pony hair" Kasumi has a ponytail. "Jane" attached to joker, both Joker and Kasumi use a short metal Blade and are nimble. Clearly borrowing assets like the rest of the dlc.

Attached: Kasumi_Break_Blow.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

pretty much
they probably sold like shit

Probably the only Banjo tier surprise character at this point, everyone else is just either predictable or far off in another realm of unlikely
I just hope we don't end DLC on a sour note

If we get all the square costumes with hero.(possibly Namco/ Capcom ones if there isn't a DLC character)
Banjo could add Namco or Capcom Miis back too.
But if neither of those add back Virtua fighter or Capcom costumes... Your dlc is Leon and Kasumi.
It's a process of elimination which looks better and better as we get costumes.

Ponytail is because Joker was built around Robin (short sword, elfire), and there are traces of FemRobin left in the code.

>Square "2 songs,no spirits, nip voice only" Enix
>Nu Konami
>Fatlus
>got reps before Bamco who are working on the game
If only other companies were ecstatic about crossovers like Capcom

yesss elvisniggas unite

Code name Jane instead of Robin.
Gooby pls.

in due time

Attached: juan-acosta-siegmeyer2red.jpg (1200x1697, 746K)

Attached: 1556117422045.png (960x1180, 157K)

>Kasumi front and center
>Mii costume Akira on left.
>Hayabusa cucked into background.
Yup I'm thinking she's in.

Attached: PlayStation_3_JP_Release.jpg (360x450, 54K)

>Developer: Team Ninja
>Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Producer of DOA6 said if he ever met Sakurai he would ask him to add Kasumi.
>DOA6 came out March 1st 2019 for Sony and Microsoft.
Tell me user, you think there will be a switch port to coincide with her smash inclusion? The timing would line up perfect. She's your Bayo level shill character. Enjoy.

Attached: 220px-Doa6_cover_art.png (220x242, 79K)

Nintendo gave Tecmo a shill dlc because of Hyrule Warriors, FE Warriors and MUA3.
G-guh-guys

Doa is irrelevant vapoware trash

Why does DOA6 have SNK guest characters?

Because they're both irrelevant.

Because snk puts their characters in everything. Fucking iori is a guest character in some mobileshit indie game.

I always liked how they used the sneeze as a launcher/spike

I've always thought Doomguy would be the best rep if there was a "FPS" rep

Damn I hope this is the case.

I don't think every vidya character is viable, Sakurai bullshits people with that
Like I can't imagine him choosing picks like Kasumi, Asuka, Neptune, Saber, Reimu, Miku etc cause they are so ingrained in weeb/otuku culture and have been for years that it would feel like a almost literal anime Goku tier inclusion

If we can get this character to Geno status, there's a chance where he may be acknowledged enough to be a Mii Costume or a Spirit

Attached: gex.png (361x299, 97K)

He is IN.

Attached: Kratos_Status_(ToS).jpg (900x1024, 96K)

You retarded nigger that "leaker" was making shit up
The fact that his friend saw the dlc in development at nintendo and not at sora/namco (where they actually make the game) proves this

Here's a question, which two characters would make Yea Forums seeth the hardest and be seen as hype killers in its eyes? Hard mode: No FE
My vote goes to Hat Goomba and any UT rep

Attached: Katamari miso.png (1004x1060, 293K)

The only good thing to come from the anime was more Maya fanservice and Phoenix shipping, prove me wrong.

you're looking at 20 years of constant big support in two different regions, good luck

Sora

would main Godzilla

Is this some Jojo part 7 stuff?

>Spirit/AT/first party
>Meme shit like Steve or Sans
>female weebshit like Kasumi, Reimu, Neptune, Saber etc
>a literal who not talked about at all in Smash discussion like Joker

Attached: 1531588379830.jpg (354x272, 13K)

It'd be like the perfect ending, but it's most likely not happening.

Attached: unlikely-characters.png (1000x1000, 63K)

>Earthbound was nowhere to be seen in the SNES online datamine, despite being one of the best selling games on the eShop

Attached: 1563776694131.jpg (540x452, 19K)

>HURR DURR LITERALLY WHO XD
god i hate nu/v/

>implying smashfags have played any games that are in smash but Mario, Zelda and Pokemon

What? Why the fuck would people support Doomguy and Reimu if they didn't play their games are you retarded?

you shouldn't even on this board if you've never played doom

Reimu would make an extremely loud minority seethe but that's about it desu

The rest would be too busy going "literally who" to notice

Considering how popular Touhou is on the western Internet putting Reimu in would actually be a pretty good move even putting asides her popularity in Japan
And Doomguy have a niche appeal in Japan too just like Banjo, so he would still make sense but I don't think we're getting another western character in the pass.

As always the majority wouldn't give a shit and would just be glad we got a new character with a unique moveset
A decent amount of people would be glad because we got Touhou content in Smash
5 retards would be spamming threads to try and shill the narrative that everyone is pissed
No really tho if Reimu gets in get ready for a bunch of anti-Reimu threads with 30 posters at bump limit lmao. It'll last like 2 days before they realize it's pointless and stop

>as always the majority wouldn't give a shit on what characters they're getting in the pass they shelled out 25 bucks for
Actual delusion

Dude if the majority of the smash community gave a shit about the DLC Smash threads and boards would be way more active

Trailer: Opens from the dazed perspective of someone sitting on a beach with a lot of wreckage on it
A message in a bottle floats ashore
A pale white hand picks it up and gets it out
The paper has nothing on it.
An exclamation mark comes on the screen as the hands crawl towards the water.
They dip the paper in the ocean and the smash logo fades over the paper
Cut to the reveal of the Pov character as spunky freckled red headed kid jumps in the air
Mike Jones Pitches In!
Then he looks around and realises he can't go anywhere as ToonLink floats in on the king of redlions and offers him a ride

People would be sucking her and any other female characters off cause of some imaginary female quota, only Yea Forums and Nip Yea Forums would be truly pissed which is why I said that

i'm hoping for mony mole and scrooge mcduck

Attached: 716px-MontyMole-1-.png (716x600, 1.05M)

Augomon is not a videogame character, this is like asking for Goku, fuck off

I don't particularly care for Agumon, but virtual pets aren't really any less video games than G&W.

I NEED A HERO
I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO TILL THE END OF THE NIGHT

Attached: Screenshot_20190723-104434_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x1099, 223K)

Not even Yea Forums and nip Yea Forums desu. Reimu detractors are a loud minority, a LOT of samefagging is involved.

You fucking mongoloids
Milk-BOSATU is a fraud that got lucky with DQ
Jane datamine is fucking scrapped content even dataminers confirmed this

Before the IP spam the winners were Doomguy and Reimu just saying

smashbros.com/wiiu-3ds/us/dlc/index.html
no you could buy each costume individually

Miku bros we have no chances to get in smash but at least we are getting a switch game right?
having to get accustomed to nintendo symbols like in mirai even with the colour customization is a pain kinda

Attached: tenor.gif (498x302, 1.22M)

sourcegaming.info/2018/02/21/the-potential-of-simple-actions-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-535/
Agreed

Attached: here's stevey.png (617x799, 812K)

Wright had already been IP spammed at the beginning of the last poll. As you can see from the former 2, the winners should have been Doomguy and Reimu

Nintendo fans might enjoy a Doom classic collection (which would be better with WAD support but idk if the switch can do that) but desu if they announced Doomguy it’d probably be on a direct.

He’s in.

Attached: AB6CC31E-183A-4A73-9219-376BD8017B61.jpg (3787x1534, 1.65M)

>t. Reimu IP spammer

Aside from Gaben's massive SM64 boner, what does Valve have to do with Nintendo?

>t. Seething Wright IP spammer

Attached: 1563821429594m.jpg (768x1024, 191K)

>reimu
why would they put a literal who anime character in smash?
>inb4 any of the fire emblem characters, joker, or shulk
i don't give a shit about the dragon ball ripoffs though

If Reimu was IP spammed her results wouldn't have been so consistent on 3 consecutive polls

>Joker
Based
>DQ mc
Boomer shit
>Banjo
Boomer shit
>Reimu
Literally who?
>Doomslayer
Delusional

Kys OP

Imagine being this retarded

Nigga don’t even pretend she’s not a literal who in anywhere but japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=q7MGbUYslrU
youtube.com/watch?v=FMex4f8cwEY
youtube.com/watch?v=bYVX6b9svuE

Attached: doomguy.jpg (512x512, 14K)

D-Doomguy???

Attached: spooked.png (204x400, 41K)

Banjo was a literal who. The only thing that kept him alive was smash discussion and that's it. He's been as dead as he gets for years

They released a game on the switch, so they have joker levels of nintendo relevance. Also that doesn’t even matter anyways, sakurai said you don’t need to be on a Nintendo console to appear.

Attached: 6771C0FC-E782-4E22-AB9F-737EA8094C68.gif (540x540, 277K)

youtube.com/watch?v=S_6ChXTP9TA

Attached: dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada DUM DUM DUM.jpg (507x511, 46K)

Uhhh... okay? What does that have to do with Reimu? Banjo was popular everywhere. Reimu isn’t.

NOOOOOOOOO

Attached: improvedsteve.jpg (396x1159, 76K)

>Banjo was popular everywhere
lmao

it's time someone made a new thread
youtube.com/watch?v=PkhCNx-8Qos

Attached: party.gif (640x480, 2.96M)

He literally was. He showed up in Japanese polls just as much as he did on American ones. There are plenty of reactions positive to banjo in japan, just as there are here.

I don't give a shit weither or not she falls under the meme, "literally who" is zoomer shit that needs to die

>moving the goalpost to "muh pools" and "muh reactions"
maybe he was popular and recognizable in the 90s. he never achieved cult status like other western characters like crash and lara croft. geno is also one of the most requested. do people know who he is outside of the smash crowd? absolutely no one.

Don't pretend rosterfag popularity and overall popularity are the same thing

Attached: b7122c400473977a0de850b885a36204.png (1493x654, 53K)