What the fuck was their problem?

Attached: Grox.png (260x327, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spore.fandom.com/wiki/Cube_planet
youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally a race of Friezas but probably even more sadistic

Also, lets make this a Spore thread

They were pissed off that they were stuck in such a shitty, half baked game.

EA didn't release the 2005 beta

They were angry manlets compensating with cybernetics.
Absolute cunts.

Incels

I kind of want to reinstall just for another 2~ hour run, but I already beat the space stage without ever changing my alien's appearance once from the cell stage as a blind pure herbivore run on the hardest difficulty. If I could get that fucking glitch where you take over large cells, I'd play that.

artificial difficulty race to stop from reaching the center as soon as you reach the space age and get the overpowered staff
no other reason

Attached: 1598504202385.jpg (376x419, 52K)

Their problem is being cute, so they have to go on galactic genocides.

Attached: grox.png (128x128, 27K)

The idea of a tiny primordial blob with legs and no eyes having a galactic empire is hilarious.

How did they cram the entire creature into a small png file without triggering Yea Forums's embedded file error?

>with legs
Nope. Literally picked a starting cell, and never added or removed parts. It was not easy in the creature stage or tribal stage because you move hilariously slow. Wish I could find gameplay like this, but I can't find any at all.

Attached: Noogcell_Profile.jpg (420x420, 70K)

Does that mean we can share creatures on here?

Obviously I took the eye off since I said I played blind, but the basic idea is there.

Someone bored enough to do it should stream a run and have us dictate what happens to the poor alien.

How would you do a pure green run in the Creature stage with no upgraded parts?

I think I pirated it a few years ago on a whim, i could give it a go

I managed to find rogues (those 250 health guys) with retarded stats. I managed to get the first one with singing, since that's all you have as a cell with no upgrades, and I just happened to keep running into ones with level 1 mouths. Literally pure coincidence.

Rogues are so great to befriend, they're borderline gamebreaking

to put this in better detail;
>got to the first brain size
>Had a partner following me, so we essentially had level 2 singing instead of 1
>Kept inspecting other races for babies, and isolating them and their parent to make it easier to win a song competition
>Once I hit brain size 2, I literally found a rogue with level 1 singing that, oddly enough, only sang
>Rogue became my partner, and we roamed around with him killing bad monsters for me
>Next brain level, I found another rogue, yet again stuck in a level 1 singing loop
>Ditched my original companion, so I had two rogues and an empty slot
>Found yet another level 1 singing rogue, what the fuck
>The three rogues become domesticated pets in Tribal stage, and they provide a lot of food as a result

They really are. It feels like cheating, but since they are literally RNG from an online server, it''s technically fair.

Does the staff only have 42 uses?
I was never a big fan of terraforming anyway so the prize at the center was quite a letdown to me...

Fuck it, I'm reinstalling now. I've got that itch to dick around again.

>Made spider crabs a while back
Good old arthropods. You'll never see them chitin out from a claw fight here and there.

Attached: 20190418034915_1.jpg (1360x768, 241K)

>online server
>in spore
user... I... you know how long it's been right?

How long user?

>i got invisibility mods and eradicated every late one of their bases

Attached: gaben office.jpg (1600x1513, 458K)

apparently not long enough for my brain to start working, I could have sworn they shut down the servers for spore ages ago, but it seem I was mistaken.

The end part where you're desperately trying to jump into the center while getting chased by the grox is pretty kino

>Going through my old creations that it still remembers somehow
>Find a few goofy things like pic related

Attached: 20190722215052_1.jpg (1176x664, 158K)

Attached: 20190722215329_1.jpg (1176x664, 156K)

That filter is looking for known file headers or identifiable format structures in the images. The game's creature pngs just stick the relevant data raw into the metadata section.

cute

This one has a skin from the cell stage, so it can't be remade unless you progress through the cell stage and pick whatever skin this is.

Attached: 20190722215536_1.jpg (1176x664, 149K)

Last one. It's a tree.

Attached: 20190722215734_1.jpg (1176x664, 155K)

only 42 uses but after you used them you could go back and get more

yeah actually, back in the day I used to drag the PNG files into the game and the creature loaded right then. It was almost like fucking magic, honestly suprised nothing like that has ever been done again

You haven't played any Illusion games, have you?

>young me worked so hard on all these creations
>most popular was this fucking bush that took me 5 minutes

Attached: 500008893572_lrg.png (256x256, 63K)

tribe stage is just so fucking terrible

I don't think I could stand to play Spore again because of the space stage grind but fuck did I have fun with the space stage as a kid (inb4 someone freaks out about me being a kid in 2007). Exploring that huge as fuck galaxy, finding cool artifacts, terraforming planets, even the wars were fun for a while. Making a mad dash for the core while the Grox nipped at my heels was absolutely wild.

Reminder that you ain't shit unless you had a popular level on galactic adventures

Is it worth it to have the entire galaxy hostile to you in exchange for a solid friendship with a race occupying 2400 planets around the galactic core?

>Befriend them
>The literal entire galaxy goes to war with you
Good shit

To be fair, that bush is pretty cute.

>that feel when you spent hours looking for a cube planet
>one probably didn't actually exist in my game because it was generated before the patch

Attached: 1563767620215.jpg (640x480, 45K)

>Cube planet
What?

spore.fandom.com/wiki/Cube_planet

What the fuck, that's cool.
>Can be starting planet
Rerolling until I get one.

>TFW bought the steam version of the game, it's key code doesn't work so I could never access online and see other people's cool shit
I remember asking EA support about it and I somehow got the galactic adventures DLC on Origin but not the base game for some reason.

interdasting

Attached: Gondola.png (128x128, 20K)

>Black planet with red water
Oh shit son, I got the edgiest planet possible.

Attached: 20190722222606_1.jpg (1176x664, 57K)

Why is everyone talking about spore all of a sudden?

Because we got a thread, and it's a fun topic to shit on while also making really childish and stupid things with the tools provided.

I really wish there was a game like Spore.

tried it just now and it no worky :(

why does spore get so much hate? I thoroughly loved it when i was younger. Was it because it promised more than it delivered? I went into it blind so i had no expectations.

Yeah, they butchered their promises. It's hated because it's No Man's Sky before No Man's Sky.

>tfw I almost want to play this game again
>laptop has no CD drive so I'd need to buy the game again on steam
I honestly don't think it's really worth it

because you were a kid when it came out and didn't remember all the promises that EA destroyed that actively pushed the creator of the sims and simcity to retire.

>spore.fandom.com/wiki/Cube_planet
It promised more than it delivered, and most of the modes just weren't much fun.
Cell mode was simple, but a little fun
Creature was easily the best
Tribal was easily the worst
Civilization was...OK, at best.
Space was a love it or hate it deal. It was incredibly simple, so people who wanted more complexity hated it, and it could take an absolute ass-fuck amount of grinding to get the good stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA
It was basically No Man's Sky but there was no attempt to later make good on their bullshit. Aside from the procedural meme, the game was very childish and castrated. Shit, I even loved the original violin/theremin logo intro and they replaced it with retarded grunts and gargling.

>play hard difficulty
>get assfucked by raiders every 3 minutes because everyone hates you instantly

Attached: 1530626071651.jpg (905x881, 266K)

Now that I think about it, the best way to play Spore is to.reach the Space stage and then go play Stellaris.

>make my goal to become friends with them
>test out all the other stuff that makes other races friendly
>get to blue smiley face relations
>notice terraforming planets makes other races friendly
>decide to make one of their shitty barren rocks into a nice place with plants
>all their cities blew up
>they declared war
And that's how I discovered the Grox really do not like terraforming.

i thought that was a glitch

Does the EA service no longer work? I tried logging into a new account the other day via Spore so I could see what creations are out there, but I can't get in.

Honestly terraforming the best way to win a war. Against any race, but especially the Grox.

Attached: theonlyappropriatepageimage.jpg (350x262, 14K)

You're an idiot, that's how.

Wait, what? Really? I could've sword they were shut down too.
Was it some mass fever dream?

Cube planets sound neat on paper, but when you get down to it, they're boring as shit. You can't do anything with them and still keep them cuboid, because the second you add an ocean it becomes a spherical planet with triangular mountains at perpendicular points.
Or at least that was my experience.

11 years and still not a hint of a sequel. I guess the potential of this series will never be fully realized

Maxis is dead, Spore 2 never ever

reaching the space stage and realizing that t's all there is until you reach the galaxy's center killed it for me. GA is fun, I liked the primal stage the most so having it on the endgame is cool but it never got implement into a "main quest" with missions involving the grox or a set of predetermined missions you play against enemy races.

Are there any mods that fix the space mode?

someone post sunnybee's Gooze made in spore

>playing Spore space stage
>kinda getting into it a bit
>mfw ecosystem collapse missions start popping up every five fucking minutes
>have to respond to them or I'll lose my spice
What the fuck were they thinking

Attached: 1515875098453.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Better question, are there any mods at all? Beyond the ones that add more parts, which I could never get working anyway.

Not really. Just some shitty gimmick mods like playing as a giant creature, or having infinite staff of light

It completely takes you out of it when after taking command and colonizing your entire planet you're then plopped into one tiny star fighter responsible for every task

I remember when my godfather gifted me the Collector's edition.
Truly the game that got me into vidya, I wonder how much time I poured into it, I stopped playing a while ago.
I wish I never learned how to cheat, it ruined the game for me. Still spent time creating stuff but playing was just unfun anymore.

Fucking Spore, man.
Has there ever been a bigger blunder? Holy shit. The change from when Wil Wright first showed it off at E3 to when it launched was night and fucking day. Holy shit.

PIRATES
PIRATES
PIRATES
PIRATES
DISEASE
DISEASE
PIRATES

Attached: 1413734446609.png (587x431, 42K)

>Get to creature stage
>Things are somewhat fun
>Get past creature stage
>No longer fun

Attached: 20190723005117_1.jpg (1176x664, 182K)

Sometimes I wish Spore had another big revival like it did a few years back.
I want people to mod the fuck out of this game. Why did the autists never add the tree creator, cell creator, or more stages?

Stop it Yea Forums you're making me want to play Spore again.

Does anyone remember when there were daily threads about SKIDWARD TESTICLES. Those were pretty funny