Is RTX a gimmick?

Is it worth it? Should I buy RTX 2060?

Attached: 6321301_sd.jpg (1875x843, 200K)

If you want ray tracing, avoid the 2060, 2060S, and the 2070.
They aren't powerful enough for RT.
Minimum would be the 2070S or the 2080.
I got a 2080 last month for about $650, which is what the 2070S will run you, but it's a hair slower/weaker.

>is [newly launched gimmick tech] worth it?
95% of the time it isn't, including now

RTX itself is a gimmick but 2080 TI is the strongest card on the market. Raytracing itself isn't worth it.
If you're looking at the 2060 I'd say wait until we get the non-AMD versions of the RX 5700 cards and see how they deal with the thermals of that chip because it's just a better price per dollar card and it's only problem are the thermals.

>buying the first gen of anything new
nope
wait for rtx 4 or 5 series and see if the ray tracing meme even survives longer than physx

That depends: What is your current GPU, OP?

GTX 1060 6GB.

I want to play PUBG at 144 hz 1080p so I want a more powerful GPU

Defend the 2080 Ti's price relative to performance

>PUBG
>wanting a RTX card for PUBG frames

no, I don't think it's worth it, but I can also tell what I value and what you value are probably way different so maybe you should go for it?

Do not buy a xx60 ever.

but this tbqh. Buy a used 1080ti or something.

I went from a 750ti to a 2060 so obviously worth it so I could play game like a normal person again.
I've only seen ray tracing in Metro Exodus and yeah it's pretty, but still, wat.
just buy it and if anyone asks you why just say you HAD to play the Quake 2 RTX demo.

Get a 1660 Ti for like $250 or a more future-proof non-Blower 5700 for $100 more

Yes, Nvidia is owned by globalist corporations. By buying their products you are contributing to the NWO.

my 1080 barely holds 100fps or so in pubg on average

I'm sorry but I need to play games or else I have nothing to do in my life

Save up, eat ramen for a month or whatever, and by a 2070 at least. Do not buy a xx60, and most definitely do not go from a 1060 to a 2060.

This. That's the most goyish fucking upgrade possible. I'm still on SLI 970s and I'm still waiting for one more refresh before I upgrade. Jesus, user.

If you're just a puppet there's not much of a life to live to begin with.

I own a RTX 2080ti. If you buy the card just for RT you will be a beta tester for Nvidia. Nvidia targeted 60 fps gaming with their tech so they limit what resolutions you can use with the RTX features. For example I cannot use Raytracing or DLSS at 1080p, only 1440p and above. Not only that but developers keep fucking up the implementations of the tech. Metro Exodus, MHW, Battlefield 5 all have issues with this shit and the only game I have played where everything just works is Quake 2 RTX. If everything works as intended is looks very good. But the tech has a lot of progress to be made before I would recommend it.

>I cannot use Raytracing or DLSS at 1080p, only 1440p and above.
That's true for DLSS, but Raytracing absolutely works at 1080p.

i got 2070super FE $499 & it appears to be one of most efficient cost per frame cards so i dunno i needed upgrade and other high end cards seemed like ripoff

You are correct, I was mistaken. I have a 1440p monitor and I need DLSS on in order for me to have a playable framerate. At 1080p I see around 80 fps in Quake 2 RTX and ~45 fps at 2k.

>tfw still running a 1070
>runs games like a champ

Every upcoming console is marketed as ray trace
Amd supplies those GPUs
If you can just wait till the ((((revised)))) models. They won't be as shit as these 2000 series rip offs

Get a freesync monitor instead. You'll struggle to get 144fps out of PUBG

Since when did MHW have anything RTX related?

Yes it is
Until games start using it, it's a gimmick

They recently added DLSS support but they fucked it up and makes everything look blurry as hell.

>GTX 1060 6GB.
I don't think you need to upgrade anything than your monitor. Either get a freesync compatible monitor or a high refresh rate one.

>still running a 970
>doesnt run games like a champ

Attached: 1559485681887.jpg (604x604, 27K)

Get an RX 5700, 8GB of VRAM is better for future proofing than RTX. RIS and antilag actually work unlike DLSS.

The RTX 2070S has a 500 USD MSRP why would it cost anywhere near 650 where you live.

RTX is a meme gimmick fad like VR.