What are those things?

A lot of cables have them, sometimes on both ends.

Attached: 98237932847.jpg (1200x900, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They log your inputs. It's mostly for cheat detection but there are telemetry uses as well

They hold spare voltage to keep your controllers safe from power surges.

There's spiders in there

Extra graphics

It's the Bore Extractor

Ferrite core, something about electrical interference

they make it so the controller can withstand being thrown at your wife

Blast processing unit

Free butt plug

they protect your inputs from electrical infetterence

Yeah right. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

its a stopper to keep the outlet from sucking up your entire cable

That's where the ps1 hardware for backwards compatibility is

probably to lessen the stress on the cable so it doesn't split open and its internals get fucked. think the opposite of those shitty iPod cables..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead

Dont worry OP, i have been researching this topic thoroughly and i can conclude they were put there by sony to prevent the cord getting lost in your rectum.

Oil which is periodically injected into the two joysticks. That's why they get oily.
Careful, don't listen to this user.

You seriously fucking expect me to sit here and believe there's a ferret or at least parts of a ferret in every goddamn PS2 controller?

Extra weight so you can use it to fend off your dad when he comes home during one of his drunken rampages.

*infetterence

Can it be safely used as an anal bead?

I saw a PS2 controller at a Gamestop in Los Angeles yesterday. I told it how cool it was to meet it in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother it and ask it for photos or anything.
It said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but it kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and turning the analog button on and off in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard it chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw it trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen memory cards in its grips without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first it kept pretending to be unplugged and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the cards and started scanning it multiple times, it stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and tangled its cable at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, it kept interrupting her by vibrating really loudly.

Fuck DRUMPF and his kids!

Cheap ones use hamsters.

Just perfect, user

Attached: 1552518378824.jpg (528x543, 29K)

An emergency reserve of frozen, but potent, bull semen.

now this is BASED

Attached: 1557045689314.gif (600x338, 814K)

It's the soul

Notice how the newer gen consoles only has those interchangeable charging cables

Are you stupid or something? Everyone knows that each PS2 controller uses TWO dog noses, it's not hard to believe they use a ferret for each one, as well.

Huh. I learned something today. I always thought they were to absorb the shock if the cable gets yanked.

That is what it's for retard. There's a spring held under tension inside the black plastic case for shock absorption. If any of you fucking young ass retards actually grew up with a Playstation 2, you'd already know this.

They're chokes, or inductors used for signal filtering

>if you grew up with a PS2 you were intimately aware of every little electrical hardware function of the controllers and system
>as a child
Either you were the poindexter every chad rightfully kicked around, or you’re one of those faggy, self-righteous tools who gets his info from wikipedia and shits on everyone else for not knowing what you literally just learned.

Ferrite beads, put it in your ass.

Where did I saw this before?

that's its balls

My 360 controller died, what's another good controller to use for emulators and steam games?

man I wish my ds2 didn't die. I fucking hate ds3

switch pro

Every time

Attached: 1553206054888.png (1000x800, 192K)

Allow me to propose a 3rd option. That was a massive hunk of bait and you just swallowed it hook line and sinker. Get jebaited nerd.

Attached: 1512615663571.png (625x626, 36K)

It’s the power supply for teh controller

Jimmy Hoffa is hiding inside exactly one of them but because every controller has one he's really hard to find

ds4.
I say this as a 360 snob, who frantically searched for ways to hook up a 360 con to a ps4 as I waited for amazon to deliver my ps4. when it arrived, I held the ds4, played a game and was like "this aint bad at all." and stopped looking for a way to connect a 360 con to my ps4

it's technically useless

you have options on PC and the DS4 is usually the worst

Why was the DualShock 2 THE PERFECT controller? Especially the black ones. G'damn. PS3 and PS4 ones were ass.

Pressure sensitive buttons. It's literally why my muscle memory refuses to let me play AC7 with the throttle and brakes on the triggers.

Wait the dualshock 2 had pressure sensitive buttons? Which ones?

lightning capacitors

All of them user (maybe not R2 and L2), you could actually draw your gun in MGS2 and if you let go of the square button softly enough you'd just put the gun back down without firing. And as I said, in the Ace Combat games R1 would give you variable thrust depending on how hard you pressed and you could slow walk in MGS2 using the direction buttons depending on how hard you pressed as well.

HUH
I never knew that. Maybe the games I had never utilized those
I only played the MGS collection on the Vita(RIP)

all of the buttons and triggers were analog, except for functions and the stick clicks

Shock absorption is part of how the cable is connected in the controller. It loops around a few parts of the exterior anchor points so tension is not applied to the circuit board.

Well yeah, why would you need a Select and Pause buttons pressure sensitive, gonna have extra pause menu options?

Don't mess with it, it releases mustard gas.

it was already an idea they went overboard on so why not

Brown recluse

There is still time brother

Attached: download.jpg (292x173, 12K)

Just search "electrical infetterence" and it brings up the original pasta

Sounds like complete bullshit

So you've never played with an original DS2?

the cylindrical thing is just solid plastic that's meant to help you figure out which end of the cable is for plugging and which end is for playing

Attached: 1413923210864.jpg (500x500, 33K)

Lol holy fuck

Attached: 1563161307091.png (423x350, 104K)

Buttplugs, Sony knew their audience even in the 90's.

How is it the worse?
You can use it via USB or bt
You can use the touchpad as a mouse pad
You can use it in direct input or xinput
You can turn off the light or use any Fucking color you want

Symmetrical sticks
Too small and light
Overall cheap build quality

The ps3 controller also had pressure sensitive buttons (played ac5 on a BC ps3 and it behaved exactly as it should with a ps2 controller)
The ds4 and ds1 are the only ones with digital inputs only for some reason

So you are saying you are a gorilla with shitty opinions
Got it

I don't remember the face buttons being pressure sensitive since it was super finicky when I played the MGS HD Collection games.

Stop making up things.

When shit like the X1 controller exist, I can't imagine being downgraded and thinking a DS4 would be acceptable. That isn't even tolerating how much of a downgrade a DS4 is, it is torture.

like a lawnmower, its there to stop the cord from being pulled all the way inside the console

I had every major console controller from genesis onward, and DS4 is my overall favorite with pretty much no obvious flaws. Switch pro is a second favorite, but its triggers are digital instead of analog (might be a plus depending on what you use it for), and I dislike the asymmetric stick placement. Also on mine, the d-pad became pretty janky pretty quickly, it tends to lose input if you don't hold it hard enough, the input point is below the tactile point.

*best
I tried ds3, switch pro, x360 and xbone on the PC, and ds4 is the overall best. Steam's built-in configurator is also suprisingly flexible and allows you to set it up however you want to

Attached: 1563766428197.gif (220x180, 273K)

>symmetrical sticks
>bad
Get this hothead outta here. Symmetrical sticks are objectively better - they allow you to claw, and your fingers rest more naturally on them for both 2d and 3d games

X1 is alright, but the dpad is still cheap, bit wobbly and clicky. It's miles better than the 360 dpad, but still not as good as it could be. The asymmetrical sticks are also a minus.

DS4:
+ great dpad for 2d games
+ the most responsive face buttons of the three
+ is recognized by steam
+ touchpad can be configured into whatever crazy macro shit you want, but is usually just split in half to be used as start and select
+ largest amount of extra buttons - options, share, and two halves of the touchpad
+ has a gyro if you're into that, you can configure it for gyro aim assist or something
+- symmetrical sticks
- low battery life if you're gonna use it wirelessly
- analog sticks slightly less grippy (can replace them with xbone sticks if you wanna, they fit in perfectly) and people say they're prone to wearing down, though mine haven't worn down in 5 years of use
- brand new controllers have seams on the sides that you can sometimes feel in your palms, but they quickly become soft with use

xbone:
+ xinput, works out of the box with compatible games even without steam, buttons on the screen actually correspond with those on the controller
+ triggers have some kind of rumble feature which afaik is used in some windows10 games like forza
+ nice grippy analog sticks made out of hard material
+- asymmetrical sticks
- least amount of extra buttons - only start and select
- dpad is cheap and clicky, but responsive
- needs a proprietary wireless adapter for wireless play (might be circumventable, but I'm not sure)

switch pro:
+ uses a usb type-c cable, less prone to damage and you can plug it both sides
+ recognized and easily configured by steam
+ most responsive shoulder buttons of the three
+ grippy sticks
+ huge battery life
+ one extra center button besides start and select
+- triggers are digital and not analog
+- asymmetrical sticks
- dpad a bit mushy, mine doesn't work well for long held presses
- sticks have a bit of a rough feel for small movements near the center

pick your poison

Attached: 1466466403596.jpg (640x640, 41K)

also forgot to add, xbone doesn't have a gyro, and switch pro has "hd rumble" which is a fancier vibration feedback, somewhat works on pc as well.

In Europe early N64 Controllers had Ferrite Cores and later ones did not.

Attached: n64 controller blau.jpg (1600x900, 229K)

Gay sauna

It's for v-sync. It synchronizes the poll rate of the controller with the framerate of the game.

>and turning the analog button on and off in front of my face

Attached: Keks.jpg (600x528, 39K)

fill up a plastic baggy with dirt and tie it around a cable

it does the exact same thing

Attached: gamecube memory card emulator.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

What the FUCK is that thing and what does it do?

Attached: 9F6CB7D38FC341788F95D8DB020C7C34.jpg (447x573, 78K)

its a harddrive that acts as a memory card for development reasons

emulates gamecube memory cards

Attached: 9fa60f6b-eb2a-4e53-901e-fdfe4f4901d6.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

Don't forget about okami letting your vary how thick brush strokes were depending on how hard you pressed.
There's dozens of games that used pressure sensitivity.

Attached: 1560642045082.jpg (960x960, 69K)

DS3 had pressure sensitive buttons too

The HD remaster apparently has fucked up sensitivity values for them
But if you play a ps2 game that has support for them they will work just like the ps2 controller

That would explain it.

>All of them user (maybe not R2 and L2)
It's all of them except select and start.

I'm thankful you took your time to repeat the same thing someone said immediately after that.

I heard it's not plug n play on PC games? Or was that ds3?

It's plug-n-play and fully configurable through steam.

it's plug n play as directinput. It's xinput through ds4windows wrapper or steam. The only thing you lose with dinput is vibration motor control.

I cant decide between DS2 or 4
The shape of 4 is just perfect and way better than 1-3.
But the build quality of 2 was better, 2 had pressure sensitivity, and no GAY ASS SHARE, TRACKPAD AND LIGHT
Why cant sony make a special DS4 edition without those shits?

>ds4windows wrapper
Pretty much obsolete now, steam does more and better. You can keep steam running in the background and play whatever you want and it'll work

Yeah, just saying there's options.

Attached: 1535665400663.jpg (500x479, 27K)

>GAY ASS SHARE
treat it the same as F12 for screenshots
>TRACKPAD
treat it as two big buttons
>LIGHT
turn it off

>but the build quality of 2 was better
I don't know about that, had my share of DS2s and I wouldn't say they were super robust.
>2 had pressure sensitivity
It did, but barely anything made use of that. And for games that did, you could barely control the pressure since the buttons have only as much play as regular buttons.

How do you even take a screenshot on PS4. I tried it and it only gave options for uploading it to social media sites. Can you not just save it to the HDD?

I think you have to change some options, you can change what the share button does in there. Personally I've kept it one press for one screenshot and two presses for to save video IIRC. Long press to share it in twitter or something.

Attached: SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS_20180812125955.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Thanks. I'll have a look now that I know it can be done.

lol

It looks like the tail of a nerve cell

It's its weak point, shoot it for maximum damage

NSA is watching you from ferrite rings while you are mastrubating to gay fury shit

Attached: 8cw4thzvxs531.jpg (640x864, 78K)

Ferrite, like said. It's an iron compound with cool magnetic characteristics. It should mitigate electrical noise.
Pic related, pulled from a random broken device's cable.

Attached: IMG_20190723_123300.jpg (1084x858, 141K)

Graphite core. Never open that shit man

why not

It's a waifu detector/masturbator.

it leaks mustard gas

go back, you dumb unfunny normie shits

Thermostat. It has liquid mercury, don't open it!

gyanide cas

A tiny bug lives inside it and exchanges your controller inputs into electric signals the console can understand

it's so your cable floats in the bath

nerd

Dare I say, based?

Attached: 1556787993005.jpg (654x655, 21K)

kek

>Neutral pronouns
Get out Tumblr

Videogame contollers don't have a gender user

I had a cord for something that had one of these but you could open it and take it off. So naturally I did but I can't remember it doing anything.

Flux capacitor

fucking kek

Got a good chuckle out of me

Attached: 1563046417752.png (551x414, 286K)

Would this be similar to a ground loop isolator?

Attached: vyvHAj0.gif (445x280, 1.99M)

Marvelous

Attached: 1544157471652.jpg (245x326, 27K)

You mean anal bead

so... a capacitor?

It's an inductor.

There is no graphite

Sometimes you're alright, Yea Forums

I wish I'd have hoarded a few 360 controllers. They'd have lasted me 7 years each.

>Sounds like complete bullshit

what the mgs2 pressure button thing? its legit i can vouch for it i have the hd collection and its hella annoying when holding up ivan and accidently braining him. slow releasing puts the weapon down safely.

The summer childs are here.

The newer xbone controllers have bluetooth right out of the box, they have since 2016 at least.

Holy shit this board is truly dead and filled with reddit. You wont get upboat here for being """""funny"""" 12 year olds

Attached: 1546795180931.png (753x479, 114K)

Forgot to include this clown

You're the only one here getting mad. Maybe you should leave this thread or, preferably, this board.

I have been here longer than you are alive tourist-san. And I am not leaving anytime soon

Chen a cute.

I don't think so. I'm not familiar with ground loop insolators, but from a quick google it looks like a device or a circuit you put in series with your affected line. The ferrite core is just a chunk of metal surrounding the wire. It has no physical contact with exposed conducts. It just hangs around there and absorbs noise from the environment somehow.

To prevent the cable from stripping.

jesus user my sides

Attached: 1557955909455.png (1920x1080, 2.69M)

man I fucking wish Dualshock 4 didn't have that light bar and the shitty battery life. it's pretty much perfect for me otherwise, even the gimmicky touchpad is good for typing (although most applications don't support it)

What, am I supposed to say "I've been here since 2003!" so you can say you don't believe me, instantly "winning" this shit-fling? Fuck off.
If you've been here a long time, why do you come off as someone who only remembers post-2014 when everything got smug and ironic?