youtube.com/watch?v=ONVgTdGPr4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5jD0mELZPD8
youtu.be/xg4-4XXZiLY.
youtu.be/geGziPUQD2U
youtube.com/watch?v=ANgI2o_Jinc
youtube.com/watch?v=M9W3LueLUaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it really is. has a timeless, appealing look

Attached: 2019-07-11_21.22.56.png (1920x1080, 1.74M)

Minecraft is Art

Attached: Pigscape.jpg (225x225, 9K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ONVgTdGPr4Y
soul vs soulless

why the fuck would you link that trash

I actually like ray tracing in Minecraft. It's one of the few games that can appreciate it given it's diverse color palette and lighting.

Vanilla Minecraft is ugly as sin.

Now Minecraft with mods and/or texture packs on the other hand is the good shit.

Attached: 1553219841637.gif (500x651, 886K)

havnt played in 5 years it actually looks pretty sick.

It is.

Attached: 2019-07-22_22.13.28.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

Attached: 2019-07-22_22.43.15.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

Attached: 2019-07-22_22.43.42.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

The ray traced Minecraft is really unsettling. Dunno, uncanny valley maybe? It just looks like a bad dream.

Attached: 1273991516945.png (459x377, 9K)

indeed

Attached: aaa.png (1920x1080, 822K)

That's because it's a still shot and super high res textures.

youtube.com/watch?v=5jD0mELZPD8

This is a more appropriate video to showcase ray tracing and how it may look appealing. Throughout the playthrough/video he's just showing off how the light reflects off materials realistically. Specifically 8:58 is a good part because he has an assortment of wool.

Fuck in like 2010 I made an epic snow fortress up in the mountains. Maybe I should play again.

I have a survival only server, get the fuck on
classicgameguys.mcnetwork.me

this game has really beautiful sunsets

Attached: 2019-07-22_20.02.12.png (1920x1080, 653K)

The ONLY good looking "realistic" texture pack out there, youtu.be/xg4-4XXZiLY. This makes the path tracing feel less uncanny

>that time I was in a Mushroom biome fishing and Sweden kicked in as the sun was setting
So beautiful. What're your favorite mobs? I love Mooshrooms cause they're goofy looking fucks with infinite food

Attached: mushroom-island-top-15.jpg (1280x678, 182K)

Wrong

pokemon is much better.

Sheep for some reason

should i play on dark? it looks better but eventually i get pissed at not being see

Honestly if you're brightness isn't on moody and you're not playing in the dark in the middle of the night, what are you doing?

this
moody without smooth lighting is based

>pokemon
go back to /vp/, faggot

Attached: 1560383872680.png (621x702, 56K)

cool demo, but poor regard for the art style
it isn't at all a replacement for the vanilla game

Based. I also want to embrace the strength of a mountain. In every world that I play in I look for the nearest mountain just to punch a damn hole into it and build a fortress. Also, easy minerals.

yeah

Attached: twirl.gif (308x476, 1.68M)

I agree. I think that's what I loved about it as well. But the image of the snowfall that was posted reminded me of it because it was just so awesome to be walking around the fortress and have constant snowfall in the courtyard or areas that weren't covered. Man I seriously forgot how awesome Minecraft was. Is that why it is making such a huge comeback? This sort of, strange nostalgia everyone that quit for a long time seems to be experiencing all at once?

MODS

HHHOHHHH IS THAT A QUEEN OF HEARTS TATTSOOO I SEE ON HER LEG????????

Attached: police.jpg (480x480, 25K)

My daughterfu uwu

Yes, she was exclusively breed for BBC

If only Cube World were to be more popular nowadays. Too bad we can't buy it and too bad that we don't have Tunngle to play it anymore...

I meant Evolve, sorry.

minecraft wasn't about the art, it was limited so it was easy to run.

how's this for unsettling
youtu.be/geGziPUQD2U

>capped at 30fps
>video is 60

I want to know what 1.15 will be other than combat changes

>Looks better than real life
>first shot literally looks like everything is made out of shiny as shit plastic
yeah nah

caves hopefully

meant for

Attached: javaw_2019-07-16_00-50-59.jpg (2560x1440, 504K)

I wish there was a mod that ran dwarf fortress in minecraft.

>made me look

you sick fuck.

Queen of Hearts is for whites, you hang first btw

He did that on purpose to trigger cucks like you

Does anyone else absolutely hate the color palette for extreme hills biomes
That pale green grass makes me want to fucking kill myself

That would be insane.

Attached: IMG_20190719_113200.jpg (1680x720, 122K)

anyone have recs for cool maps to download to explore. or just really comfy ambiance

Just like a small part of it. I would love a bunch of controllable NPCs that you can order around to build caves and mine. Have mason the walls, have some other ones forage or farm.

Unironically I really hope they allow mods on the xbone version.
I love cross bows and I want to be able to throw the fire charges

It is really fucking ugly. The art was never finished. Just because you grew up with it doesn't mean this garbage pile is good, idiot.

I wanna go back bros. Back to early minecraft and halo 3. Back to nights gaming with friends. When everything was so simple and I didn't have any responsibilities.

this is is true for every game by the way

generally yes. The games you played as a kid were shit, and minecraft is absolutely not an exception to that.

It's actually my favorite grass texture.

i think it looks nice, it's really easy on the eyes
the only grass texture i actually dislike is the mesa and desert ones, savanna to a lesser extent
jungle of course is the best

Attached: 1547696359996.jpg (316x306, 10K)

Really is.

Attached: k90067ki53wx.png (2300x1200, 1.63M)

wow that's pretty nice actually

Attached: FLAOT1.png (985x911, 1.12M)

>aaaaaa

>tfw there are people on Yea Forums genuinely nostalgic for Baby's First FPS

Attached: 1557475053917.jpg (727x868, 237K)

the interior stuff looks great. its the grass and shit that needs work.

>fishing while it's snowing
max comfy

Attached: 1517110612280.jpg (728x752, 97K)

based

What's the best Minecraft patch? Are there any great/essential additions post hunger patch?

Attached: 1542166519102.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Recommend me a good Minecraft youtuber
I need something to watch now that piropito is on hiatus

peopler being nostalgic for minecraft is even worse

Ironic how they use the most humble track from minecraft to play over that absolutely egotistical and soulless texture and shader pack.

Am I crazy or did they up the ambiance music spawn rate? everytime I go into caves, the spooky ambiance starts playing.

The devs still won't give me a goddamn recovery email. And It's been 2 months since I filed a support ticket without response

pewdiepie

There is nothing wrong with Minecraft

EthosLab is the OG

Attached: 1541204303612.jpg (500x494, 27K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ANgI2o_Jinc
>this video is 9 years old

Attached: 1563670974399.jpg (314x353, 14K)

Only a child who grew up playing minecraft would think that. Everyone else is aware how shit it is.

>can’t even explain himself
How sad for you

>being nostalgic for cringey mineycrafta youtube videos

Attached: 1524500567723.jpg (500x375, 24K)

Is this a joke thread? It looks shit.

Okay I will explain myself. You see, people who played minecraft when they were very young have this thing for minecraft we call "nostalgia" this makes them think the game is good while it actually isn't good at all. If you need further explanation, just google the word nostalgia.

thoughts on GTNH?

>Hytale looked like a promising successor
>No word from the devs for several months

Attached: bugs.jpg (232x197, 23K)

Sounds like they're carrying on the legacy then

Shaders are awesome if you arent plopping on some ridiculous high resolution texture pack.

They have come a long way and have enough settings to either be gameplay enhancers or screen shot setups.

Attached: 2019-06-15_00.31.29.png (1920x1017, 1.69M)

u think ur're fucking ufnny eh funny man u mother fucker
It's okay I knew it was destined to be shit anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=M9W3LueLUaA

Attached: 132698723682175.jpg (469x400, 126K)

Attached: 2019-06-01_13.49.39.png (1920x1017, 2.55M)

Advanced autism

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to episode one of Jermacraft, the series where I play Minecraft.
This is gonna be a singleplayer let's play and when I say let's play I use that term... pretty loosely because I'm an idiot in this game - you're gonna see lots of fails, you're gonna see lots of triumphs, at least I'm hoping.
So go grab yourself a nice hot cup of coffee, hot cup of cocoa. I've got apple cider right here freshly brewed, let me take a sip.

sip

Ah that's good cider. Alright, so let's get this started - create new world.

World name is going to be... JermaCraft! Sounds about right, eh ok...

Game mode is going to be suurvii- survival, that's the most interesting I think.

More world options- seed for world generator ok this is important!

I gotta name this something crazy to get cool structures and stuff.

Gonna name it... umm... how about,

"DiamondsAreForever"

"LOL"

"cheese"

uh "BURGAH".

Alright, there's- that's our world generator seed, "DiamondsAreForeverLOLcheeseBURGAH"... Done!

Alright let's see what happens, create new world let's do it guys. 'Building terrain' oh my god this is so exciting this is episode one!

I wonder... I wonder where we're gonna end up... Where are we gonna end up?

Ok... what- what? Where the hell am I? I spawned on top of a mountain top! Ok hold on, sound has to be lowered, definitely...

Mkay, a lil' bit of that, a lil' bit of that... maybe a little lower! That sounds about right. Alright!

So, uh, apparently I spawned on top of a mountain... I kinda- this is a good seed!

What's that? We're going to explore it right now - GO!

dies from fall damage

Oh! jerma laugh

... Heheheh... Alright we're going to try that again. This time I'm not gonna miss... I wanna get down to tha- that's the home right there, I wanna live right there.

gif would've look better if it seamlessly loops

>time moves on, young people grow up and feel nostalgia for the things they grew up with
WOAH

It's never coming back.

Attached: SoI-button-logo.png (1280x720, 1.74M)

So what's your guys main goal when playing minecraft? I just like building.

What else really is there? I wish there were legitimate end game things to work towards and build stuff for, aside from mob grinders and super autistic technical stuff there's not much to do when you run out of your own inspiration.

I will freely admit that I still watch the yogscast to this day

Enderdragon.

You can get that done a few hours in though, it's not really a long term goal. I usually get it over with pretty soon for the easy enderpearls and exp.

>tfw born in 1994
>never got to play Minecraft as a kid
>tfw I know it would have been the best fucking thing 8 year old me could have ever played
I even remember day dreaming in school about tunneling through the ground, just like you do in Minecraft

Attached: Quotthe+world+would+be+better+off+without+snakesquot+_d215e6af54811138663be2370674cba9[1].jpg (700x394, 158K)

I always aimlessly explore until I find the perfect spot to build a homestead. More often than not I amass a decent amount of materials and gear before I reach that point only to die and lose it all along with the will to continue. Rinse and repeat

reject modernity return to the flaot

Not him, but that video was my first introduction to Minecraft, and I was entirely blown away by it

What shaders?

I use it to destress, relax, and build my favorite things in creative

Honestly, Minecraft is the best thing that's ever helped me. My wife introduced me to it and it was really something else.

We were in 7th grade in 2009 when she discovered the game and we bonded over that. In fact, I asked her out to prom in Minecraft. Good times

I've always dealt with stress, anxiety and a slight form of PTSD so Minecraft + her really changed my life

Thank God I married her, what would I be without her?

Attached: 1563816829375m.jpg (1024x1010, 68K)

>marrying your middle school crush
based and puritypilled

That's pretty sweet, user. I have great memories of Minecraft too when it was back in Alpha. It really was a magical experience, I had never played anything else like it at the time.

Attached: 1547789260174.jpg (500x373, 20K)

Thanks brother :)
I knew right when she told me she liked games that she was the one
It took only 7 years of convincing and learning about her but you know, it worked out

Honest to God, brother

Not even Breath of the Wild could replicate what Minecraft Alpha was

Holy Shit, it feels like a dream looking back

It's not necessarily nostalgia, it's just on a whole other plane of feels

Attached: 20190708_004452.jpg (1593x1078, 704K)