Underrail Expedition Thread

Get in, jacks.

Previous one

Attached: 250520_20190710013022_1.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

if you can pass depot A your build is good
if you can't, time to respec

Remember to dilate, Yea Forums.

>I'm not 100% sure but I would assume that since expedition is designed as mid-game content
Let me say it like this: one of the very first and most useful hacking checks is 100 effective skill with no tools. It might be a midgame expansion, but the checks are decently high.

Thermodynamicity or hemopsychosis?

Does Expedition add any new feats or goodies to make Psi/melee characters possible besides psi monk?

Just an entire psi school.

if these are the same person honestly just take the points out of merchantile and scrounge up whatever points you can to max out every school because locus of control is the best feat in the game and if you have shit skill in thought control there's a decent chance whatever spell you use it on is going to be resisted by any other character with a PSI bar and methatermics are huge for psychosis builds. psionic mania + trance + cryo orb will literally slay armies. just do whatever you can to get that quad-160 and you're good to go. Your feat choices are good and similar to what I'd do if I did psychosis again although I'd put nimble if you plan on using PSI vests (not mandatory however. chugging boosters with a doctor's pouch is usually enough)

reworked it a little bit based off of what that user from last thread told me. Took Ripple instead of Pyro because it seems retardedly strong from messing with it.

I kept Mercantile just because I like it, we get some bonus from the persuasion, and I don't see anything else that screams for investment anymore outside of more stealth.

Attached: build.png (2484x1440, 251K)

Where could I find a walkthrough for the game?

What's this?

An expansion for Underrail. Underrail is an old school turn-based isometric indie role playing game that focuses on exploration and combat.

The game is set in a distant future, when the life on the Earth’s surface has long since been made impossible and the remnants of humanity now dwell in the Underrail, a vast system of metro station-states that, it seems, are the last bastions of a fading race.

The player takes control of one of the denizens of such a station-state whose life is about to become all that much more interesting and dangerous, as our protagonist is caught midst the conflicting factions of the Underrail as the violently struggle to survive in the harsh underground environment.

This DLC expands the base campaign with many new waterway maps that connect various harbors of the Underrail as well as adds huge new region called the Black Sea, a massive underground body of water. Take a break from the usual metro-crawling to take a boat to this infamous place. There, among the old and mysterious ruins of an age long past, you’ll face the vicious fauna, hostile natives, cunning pirates, and something far more sinister than all of those.

Your voyage through vastness of the Black Sea will shed new light on the history of the world of Underrail and the forces that shaped it.

Nope,. not me
I'm I might do as you suggest, actually. I would probably steal from lockpicking a bit after tanking mercantile

Is it necessary to make a build around a specific weapon type? Or can you do something like a “guns” or “melee” build?

This also isn't mandatory but since you're getting last stand you should consider stoicism. Stoicism + Morphine Shot + Aegis makes you literally a tank (82% less damage from all sources) when hanging under your 30% health threshold for Survival Instincts and hitting Last Stand before the morphine shot wears off will prevent you from dying to it's effect.

Is it worth it to use shotgun without opportunist + suppressive fire combo?

What skills are needed for a Psy build besides the 3 (4?) psychic skills? Whats useful in this game in general? Can you access the DLC skills without having the DLC, or is that locked behind the DLC paywall?

The weapon specific feats are REALLY nice.

Man the pixel art graphics turn me off, but I love RPGs Yea Forums...what do I do?

The game looks great for no budget slavs. Its competition, AoD and Atom RPG both look far worse.

>it's finally out
looks like roleplaying is back on the menu Yea Forumsoys
maybe mountain blade is coming out after all

Fuck min-maxing, I'm going for 55 Temporal Manipulation.

Attached: Capture.jpg (640x233, 30K)

STYG i know you upped the cooldown of forcefield you double nigger

Whipped up a quick SMG/Temporal build after talking about it, any thoughts/advice? Haven't played in a long time, so I don't really remember where you want to get each skill exactly. Super glass cannon but has a ridiculous amount of AP due to Contraction + Feats.

Attached: 1555688641245.png (1401x1171, 180K)

>loved this shit when it came out
>see it on gog on sale
>well ok i'll buy it
>it doesn't work on any computer
Wtf is this shit the pirated version from release works and the official does not even start?

wouldn't future orientation essentially cancel out the AP gain psycho-temporal acceleration? i haven't checked but im pretty sure contraction isn't a 0 ap ability

looks mostly good, I'd probably ditch recklessness for quick tinkering because SMG's don't get much from crits and bear traps + uncanny dodge will make you basically immune to melee + enable opportunist even more

works on my machine :^)

You're missing 5 levels, user. Other than that, it's okay, if squishy.

>i haven't checked but im pretty sure contraction isn't a 0 ap ability
It is. Like all AP increasing stuff.

New to the game.
Thought I'd do like a spear or shotgun or both build with maybe some junk crafting whatever whatsits?
Any state allocation recommendations? Base/Skills etc?

Machete or spear?

Machete if you like high risk hugh reward.

Spears if you like range, crits and possibly throwing them.

ah

for some reason i was under the impression it costed 5, that changes everything then

Anyone? Also feats, which are the best for a Psi user?

Attached: 1551266502714.gif (340x324, 218K)

Really, the main reason for Future Orientation is to use the limited temporal increment every 2 turns instead of 3, reducing all other cooldowns further.

can i make katana wielding evasive mofo? they say evasion is shit and doesnt do anything

You might want to just browse some premade Psi builds if you're brand new to the game. As pure Psi is really powerful, there are plenty of builds made by people that are all very good.

>psi feats
this is old as shit but probably still holds true

Attached: The Refined And Updated List of Opinions By Anon, Henceforth Known As Crackly. Psychosis Stands Vind (2460x2120, 2.61M)

>take Continuum Ripple
>spam the shit out of Temporal Distortion
>eventually the entire battlefield just bursts in a stream of damage

Attached: 1563324860150.jpg (337x328, 11K)

well your build looks good

i'd also consider putting more points in throwing for three pointer and enough chemistry to make napalm grenades since you're taking ambush. with your dex it'll have 17% chance to crit

>can i make katana wielding evasive mofo?
Yes.

> they say evasion is shit and doesnt do anything
I don't like dodge/evasion, but it's not shit. Just don't think of it as something that will make you bulletproof, it just helps when there's no cover to take.

>Shotguns does 200+ damage to mutated dog at close range
I think this might be my very favorite gun

depends on which difficulty you want to play, on normal and easy yes, in hard you could but it will certainly be weak, in dominating hell no

>those new story feats

Attached: 1560789120447.png (419x272, 8K)

man i should've bought the base game during the steam sale

GUESS WHAT NIGGERS
INT
SWORD

Attached: 1563837482259.png (646x1141, 718K)

>nothing personnell zoner

does it have new sprites/animations when you equip it in-game or is it still a machete when your char is using it?

It's the thinking man's weapon.

i made a high con spear/throwing/stealth/dodge/evade guy and he's going to be boring isn't he

It comes with a black and red weeb suit that has katana animations

doubt.tiff

Wew I wonder what the unique shotguns are like

It's true.

I haven't played the base game yet (though I own it). Should I play it first before getting the expansion?

Unique animations. For an armor. I don't believe you.

the expansion is incorporated in to the base game as new mid-/end-game content, with new items and whatnot worked in to the regular loot/vendor tables, new feats at lower levels, etc.

All I want to do lads, is to be able to kill Six. I want to murder him. I want to crack his fucking cyborg, faceless tech helmet. I want to rip off his arm blade and shit in the wound, infecting it. I want to blast a corrosive load down his forehead gun where his fucking forehead cunt is located. I want to make him repeatedly step into spirit poison bear traps so he can be beaten to shit by the ghosts of his failure.

I hate Six. I fucking hate his John Doe ass. I hate how he can teleport and we cant. How we cannot fucking kill this utter NIGGER who doesnt even help us and who auto tries to kill us for even remotely resisting his mind bullshit.

HATE RAHM-UMBRA. HATE GODMEN. HATE FACELESS. HATE. HATE. HATE.

roll back a few versions and use corrosive acid

How in the living hell do you even get corrosive acid to kill him with? Get a character to dc, import and then shoot him in the institute?

pretty sure that was the jist of it, yeah

>I hate how he can teleport and we cant.
Jelly, little man?

Bless you user. I just want to see if people can do it in this version of the game.And if so, give me the fucking build and ill fucking play it to perfection just to watch that useless moronic plot armored fuck die.

I want to see some spear uniques. Playing a shielded, spear and molotov chucking nutcase sounds like a lot of fun.

Theres gotta be a knee capper that fucks with peoples mobilities. The classical double shot at ridiculous close range or shit like a FAMAS/auto shottie is bound to exist, just rare as fuck.

I like Six. I like how bitchy and emotional he is while pretending he is so much above us he can't even see us from there. I like how he says our language can't convey answers but we can have long and informative conversations with others. I even like how he loses his shit over you outpsyking his aura. I'll kill him as soon as the opportunity arises, but I like him.

Okay, cool I'll pick it up.
Is psi-monk viable?

Anything that buffs detection in this DLC? I remember running a low perception character last time I played, and it was hell trying to get through those crawler infested caves from around the mid-game onward. Detection seemed almost entirely based on that one stat. Ended up just chucking grenades everywhere.

I hate how he literaly says you are only doing this because you are both too stupid to be affected by REDCATED like he and the Yknowos are and how you are forced to help him. I hate how he pretends he is infinitely superior and above everyone but commits and has commited murder on someone who didnt adress him with correct pronoums. I hate how he bends the knee and actually answers shit only when he is actually cucked out of luck and you are the ONLY ONE who can do shit. I hate how he cannot even remotely show a single shred of dignity or thankfullness and how he inevitably acts like a sociopathic cunt regardless of how well or bad you treat him.

I hate how if you so much as resist, trully resist, he relentlessly charges at you for daring to be better than his fucking mediocre psionics. I hate how Stygg has to give him ultimate plot armor, to the point a double implosion does no damage. I hate, with a burning passion, everything Styg put into Six. The ultimate incarnation of the guy who fucks you over, screws you, never even says thanks when you help him and then pisses off without you ever being able to even dent him.

I fully hate Six. I sincerely hate him and think he is one of Styg's worst fucking choices ever. And I know he is lurking in here. Nerf his plot armor you Serbian. I fucking dare you.

Attempts to destroy me would be detrimental to all of you. Do not waste my time trying.

Attached: ru_l.png (100x100, 11K)

See, you love him too. I knew it.

>where did six touch you user?

Attached: 1539014181727.jpg (720x479, 262K)

germany condensed into a single character

Someone posted a webm in one of these threads way back when of them locking the door to the security room in GMS Compound and letting the turret shred the Bandit leader. Is that still possible? I had to hack the door open and didn't find a key for it.

I will spend my entire fucking playthrough utilizing nothing but acid, getting quick tinkering and optimizing it so that you can be fully cucked. You are the one motivator to me playing the game nowadays, you degenerated fucking worthless moron.
In my heart of hearts. He also tried kicking me in the balls so Im gonna carry the grudge so hard I will make a fucking dwarf blush.

I've done that a couple months ago, so probably.

Did you check the second floor?

>never even says thanks when you help him
To be fair, he will call you by name for the first time when he leaves, and you never even tell him your name. I think that's supposed to be his way of thanking you.

you just need to accept that he just knows better than you user

Attached: 1531244062386.png (1080x749, 356K)

KILL DHE SIGS FINGERED GYBORG AND FIND MY GUBE :--DD

Attached: DANNER XDD.png (371x373, 19K)

Are you seriously fucking saying that the closest thing I get to a fucking thanks for enduring the absolute fucking hell that is DC is getting my name told by a teleporting moon nigger that tried to kill me.

Defeating a conglomerate of fucking melded together geniuses turnt eldritch horror that now has a fucking gigantic infinityA batery just to piss off its fucking half aborted experiments they trusted too much and ended up betraying them and fixing a gigantic ass issue with the balance is power is thanked with having my name said. Something literaly every character that isnt a retard, a sociopathic killer or a 0 int dog can do? Six can suck my dick.
Its not my ass that got so fucked it has to wear a mask and a new arm user. Not my planet neither that got utterly fucked like the Surface or my race thats near fucking extinction

Attached: 1507310856128.jpg (388x350, 12K)

Spear, hammer or shotgun?

>Are you seriously fucking saying
Yes. The Faceless give you a friendship bracelet so there's good reason to believe they are not completely right in the head, but there you go.

Hammer is boring af, spears look like they could be more fun.

i mean hes supposed to be a godmen, the fact that he even recognizes you exist is kind of a lot already since you are technically nothing but a piece of dust to him

are any of the crafting skills mandatory? or actually worth getting? want to try a medium armor stealth snipe build with some psi
is throwing worth getting if im putting some points into psi?

Spears can also be thrown is that right?
So I'd wanna invest in strength, melee and thrown?

Were the Deep Caverns not such hell already, I would genocide the fucking Faceless and cull em all alongside Tchort. I almost forgot about the friendship bracelet but after almost getting killed repeatedly by those fucks, I felt insulted to get a single fucking token of even remote apreciation that wasnt tactical supplies loaned to me. I dropped that fucking bracelet and dabbed out of the caverns.

I unironicaly do not see Tchort as a malignant force or Tchortists as actual evil people considering the fact they actually can do ridiculously good shit with genetics as actually proven with Eidein. The Faceless were unrionicaly a bunch of backstabbing cunts that threw their creators into mutagen tanks, like fuck I can sympathize with a bunch of actual sociopathtic pseudo robots with severe atrophy.
The has no choice but to recognise you exist user, thats the difference. He only does so because you are unironicaly his only remote hope he can be best buds forever with the faceless by giving them their super complex car battery back. And while he aknowledges you exist, he never respects you above what he himself admits is your "too low intelectual presence to be fucked by big daddy" actor role. He himself aint shit, he cant even go anywhere near Tchort without dying, same with Facebois.

Attached: 1546985726264.png (137x163, 30K)

Gonna need both str for melee and dex for throwing. Also lots of crit feats, build on impale. Maybe try the defense feats too, spear guard could be gud.

crafting is not necessary in any way, but it does get you the best gear in the game for almost every build, the only two exceptions i can think of is unique sledges and unique claws, other than those crafted equipment is a lot better than what you can find, but you can beat the game with just found/bought equipment just fine

what is the most fun build. not most effective, most fun.

i think you are supposed to do all that crap instead of him because you are going to become the third godmen and doing all that is necessary for that but until it happens you are still nothing but irrelevant trash

its just one of the theories though

ideas for a build? is shotgun viable? i've already done SMG, psi punch, psi. don't really wanna do rifles, pistols or sniper.

this is the kind of game where you don't want to collect every crafting item and disassemble everything but just buy the nicest gun parts that are occasionally on sale to make a good gun

so what crafting should i get if im planning on just using tactical vest for the /fa/ overcoats? just tailoring?
and is throwing worth getting if im planning to put some points into psi specifically thought control and temporal manipulation?

Now user, you ahve my full interest. It is almost 4 am but you have my full interest, so you are going to have to explain to me how the shit this entire thing is meant to make you into that and why people think so.

Keep in mind, I havent seen the psionical shit from the expansion, so if you know, dont spoil it.

>psi headbands can now boost specific skills
oh shiiiit

for vests you need mechanics/tailoring (and a little bit of biology if you are craffting a psi vest)

throwing is always nice to have, if you are going full psi taking the grenadier feat is almost a must to spam emp grenades against bots since those are your worst enemies (although the new temporal skills might be good for them so it might not be necessary)

for everything else it depends on how much cc you are packing, if you are using stealth/traps or you go melee, throwing might not be necessary

Thank you.
Should I be investing in dodge or evasion or anything?
Damn dude I have no idea where to throw all these points.

define fun

i havent played the expansion yet, i just started a new char on it a few hours ago and i'm playing dominating so it might be a while so if there is anything new i don't know it yet, but that theory comes from a lot of the shit you see while playing psi during the regular game, there where supposed to be 3 godmen, and its pretty clear than six and tanner are 2 of those just like tchort is supposed to be a baby leviathan, the third godmen is not mentioned, but they are supposed to be something that transcends time or some bullshit like that, like whats happening now its the past for them but the visions you have on the occulus might be the future or the past, and all that kind of bullshit, to be honest every time time travel is involved in any way everything is full of plot holes

my theory is that you are supposed to be a godmen in the future, but you need to get enough experience for that to happen which somehow explains the fact that you improve so much so fast (leveling up through the game), and killing tchort is exact the kind of thing that you need to do for that, and six can't interfere because hes from the future or knows the future and you are supposed to do that otherwise everything gets fucked, hes just letting things play the way they are supposed to and he only interacts with you so you do things the way they are supposed to be done, all of this is super complicated and convoluted and thats why he doesn't explain you anything, besides the fact that explaining something might have unintended results

just a theory though formed from some random info you find during the game

If you want to make a pure psi user do you take all the psi schools?

Pure puncher builds are so much fun.

defining fun would be necessary here, i could tell you only traps is a fun build, but in truth the fun thing about it is the difficulty, in every other aspect it might as well be rectal cancer

Given how cool the new psi school seems you can probably drop metathermics now

How are swords? I digged playing monk but wasn’t a fan of sledge builds.

Stealth and crafting are always good. Mechanics for weapons, electronics for energy shields, tailoring for armor.
What else? Maybe hacking and lockpicking or persuasion and mercantile or some psi combo idk

All of them are old as shit and a lot has been changed/nerfed apparently.

you can, but you really get starved for points on other things, so if you don't know the breakpoints you need for certain skills then you might want to drop metathermics

I love killing these guys as soon as I get to GMS, even if it's a bit of a pain.

Attached: 20190722213903_1.jpg (1920x1080, 331K)

Fun. If you want to attack a lot like punch builds then get the Flurry feat, it lets you hit almost as many times as a max DEX glove build.

Interesting. Every single time I saw the visions from the crystals and whatnot I saw it as memories of the past and things that I should seriously not know, obviously related to Godmen and a planet that is not our own, or atleast that we think of. The Surface may not be of this planets surface, the Godmen are not from the Rail's earth, if its even called that, but every time you saw a memory of the Surface, you felt either shock, extreme fucking pain and suffering when it was in the institute crystal or you saw what happened and what was to happen.

A dependance on a machine spirit. A serious fucking dependence on a machine, on some kind of bullwark, usualy not needed, is outlined in the visions. People being torn from flesh with merciless winds and the extermination of leviathans.

I saw it as nothing but fragments of the memories, trapped within fragments. The mainframes and crystals ARE xeno artefacts, people found these. I may also be wrong and the entirety of the Rail is indeed on the Surface, and the fact isthat the Godmen planet is exactly where we are, their crystal machines a relic of older times and truth be told, Azid is fulla shit or maybe Im fully wrong, there is no concerete accumulation of lore anywhere so we can only speculate.

Its interesting. A lot of ways to see it, but the way I conjured, I feel as if its nothing more, nothing less than a 50 50. Either Godmen are all dying in the stars or we are the exact same planet as the Godmen originated from, only we adapated to the underground and their crystals inevitably sank down below.

Anyone have a shotgun build for a new player?

About goddamn time.

Attached: You found the shotgun.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

7 str to burst, 8 con to handle yourself, spread rest at will, get some shotty perks and sprint, mechanics for good guns, rest a your will.

Are there any noob trap skills that I should avoid for the build?

any unique spears?

Attached: 121656221671.jpg (1600x900, 262K)

>New expansion comes out to one of the funniest modern RPGs
>Need to be looking for a new job

God damn it, the last thing I want is to become addicted to this game again. But damn here it goes, I can't resist it.

>dialogue heavy, no voice-acting, turn based, reading games

Attached: 84621984156198.gif (397x309, 1.73M)

i mean, there is hundreds of possible asspulls styg could make so the only way to know is going to be when underrail 2 comes out, so basically in 10 to 20 years if he doesn't die for slavlike reasons

No real need to pump stealth ridiculously since equipment can do you fine, if you go metal armor, dont be dumb dumb and get a lot of evasion since it cucks your shit, hell avoid evasion and dodge alltogether, crafting feats tend to be dumb, maybe pick up a AR too just to be able to use commando and shotties, know what ou want to do and just kinda go for it. Persuasion also isnt like New Vegas where you can talk out of everyone user. Thats really not how this game works at all in case you are new.

Anyone try the new psi school yet? Think I can drop Metathermics completely and rely on Continuum Ripple and Electricity?

We can only hope he stays alive. He is a madman I love and DESPISE in equal ammounts but heavily respect. When he makes underrail 2, Im sure he will do it fine. If he ever manages to.

Fucking seriously tho Styg, fucking lower your self inserts plot armor, I quadruple dare you.

Attached: 1431620936931.jpg (525x560, 177K)

STYG i know you are here, add a fucking counter for oddities over the max so i can see how many crawler assess i got over the max in my stupid game, also unnerf forcefield you fucker

What do you mean unnerf?

I was turned off by this game's graphics and text back when it released in 2015. But I gave it a shot anyways because these Yea Forumsirgins loved it so much; so had to see why they liked it so much.

Trust me its a good game. However, you need to be experienced and decent in RPGs to do well in it.

>dialogue heavy
>underrail

Attached: 1512765768587.jpg (699x749, 116K)

Specializations seem pretty undewhelming.

it has more cooldown now, it used to be 6 turns now its 8

But it was never 6 turns.

give me a stupid meme build i can play on dominating. like if i was a fire guy and only used fire spells, fire blob pistol, molotovs. would that work?

you are right, it was 7 turns, i'm sure of it since you could cast improved forcefield + EMP MKIII stun a robot and then cast forcefield again, its clearly 8 now since you can use temporal psi to lower the cooldown 1 turn, and that would allow you to use MKI grenades instead

How the fuck do you do the Burrower cave quest near junkyard? Is this just something you skip until later?

the basement with the dude bleeding out outside?, not at all, but it always depends on your build, abusing doors is your best friend, animals can't open them

you need persuasion to get the q

Nor can robots

No you don't, just talk to the medical dissection guy and you can get the keycard from Gorsky.

best way to cheese dominating along with forcefield

Attached: 20181024194451_1.jpg (1600x1200, 175K)

those are two different quests, one is the omega vault in which you either need to pass a persuasion check on gorsky or ask the dude in sgs for permission, that one is worthless since there is nothing useful in that vault and you can finish the quest without even going there, just kill any burrower

the other one is the basement next to junkyard, and you need some persuasion/intimidation to get the quest, but you can always leave it for later and get the quest without any points in persuasion/intimidation and just boost it with some gear

As it turns out, the answer is to just flashbang the giant fucking pile of them outside of this room and then sit in front of the door until combat ends

Attached: Untitled.png (1229x775, 1024K)

same brother

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

Anyone manage to make it to the expac area starting from scratch with the new weapon types?

most likely the people who beta tested, shotguns look pretty strong so does temporal manipulation, dunno about the rest

>Tyranny shotgun burst can fire FIVE rounds at a time

Are the expansion weapons only in the expansion or can I find shotguns, swords, etc in the base content?

I think so, not sure about NPC drops, but I saw a weapons dealer selling shotguns in Corecity.

You can find shotguns and swords in the station the game starts in.

is the dlc good? is it worth the time?

i liked underrail but dropped it like 20 hours in after i couldnt kill the enemies anymore without savescumming on my gimpy build

Going to start from scratch, how do you build for a Shotgun character? Is it the same as an assault rifle character or what?

well, it looks like the problem is mostly you, so unless you are willing to improve then expansion or not you are going to drop it anyway

Is this a good shotgun build? Help me out anons idk wtf i'm doing

Attached: shotgun build idea.png (1868x701, 248K)

Key difference is that shotgun excels at close range so wearing metal armor is a bad idea

id follow an op build guide this time, i wanted to finish the game but waited till the dlc came out. apparently it just happened today so no reviews out?

The game is only fun when you find a fun build to run. Which is why so many people ended up hating it, they had a shit build. Just find a build you think would be fun.

it doesn't matter if you look up an op build, if you can't make it yourself you won't be able to use it without savescumming anyway, in the end you are taking all the fun out of the game which is learning how to do things yourself since it gives you a lot of tools to do so, if you really just want to finish the game just play full psi on easy and be done with it

is this game poopy? looks cartoony

>2 shots a round

Not super impressed with shotguns just yet but maybe I need to use different kinds of shells..

Hoppershot deal ridiculous damage on unarmored enemies. I got 200+ damage on a mutated dog.