Want to buy a fat PS3 to be able to play all my PS games on one console

>want to buy a fat PS3 to be able to play all my PS games on one console
>fat PS3s are ticking time bombs that overheat and explode and die
Feels bad, man. Why did they have to remove PS2 backwards compatibility, bros?

Attached: ps3_phat.jpg (600x450, 23K)

Just mod a ps2 slim lol

i just got a phat PS2, problem solved

>Why did they have to remove PS2 backwards compatibility
Did you forget >$599 ?

But I wanna play Demon's Souls

>weebstation
Kys

Only Launch fat models have hardware backward compatibility, that is, real PS2 hardware is inside the unit, which contributed to its legendary launch price.

Any PS3 can be hacked to play PS2 games, but its just shitty emulation (worse than PCSX2), and not ideal.

i just turned on my phat ps3 form 2008 that i got at costco for 499 feel good

how did snoy get away with removing a feature in a hardware revision?

Get the cheaper later model then. God, it's probably a little cheaper to get a PS2 and a slim PS3 than a working phat PS3.

I own both a PS3 slim and an original PS3 fat with softmodding. The fat just makes me paranoid and it sounds like a jet engine fairly consistently. I'd just recommend a PS3 slim and a PS2 fat separately.

Buy the PS2 slim and PS3 slim.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

By reducing the price by $250

Because it turned PS3s into ticking time bombs?

Because everyone and their mom still had a working ps2 at the time anyway, and the ps3 price dropped astronomically.

You can get all the good PS2 games on the PS3 Store.

my fat ps3 has died 3 times. it won't live to die a 4th. emulation is your friend these days. emulated demon's souls is not bad

Someone run me through a retards guide on how to play ISOs on a PS2

Hijacking this thread to ask: PS3 slim or super slim? The console's looks mean nothing to me. Only reliability.

ps3 slim the super slim is ass and pretty much not moddable

all models now can be modded but with later slims and super slims you need to activate the cfw after you boot instead booting with it

Nintendo did the same thing with the DSi/DSi XL by removing the GBA backwards compatibility and with the Wii (models RVL-101 and RVL-201) by removing the GC compatibility.

I wouldn't mess with the disc going on the top of the super slim

are you too brainlet to be able to replace thermal paste and clean some dust or what?

Slashing the price by like $200

and gamecube digital port and wii u when they removed the ability to play discs (switch)