Final boss tries to resolve things peacefully

>final boss tries to resolve things peacefully

Has this ever happened?

Attached: bvwvB55.jpg (1904x796, 314K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=klu2A_jYF2M&t=481s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just walk away

Far Cry 4 gives you the option earlier on, the antagonist has no intention of fighting you at least in the beginning

You get the option in New Vegas but you actually need to convince the final boss to lay off.

THE IN STORE PRICES

Bloodborn.

Witcher 2.

witcher 2

The devs even said the sit and wait option is the canon choice of the MC.
He literally brings you to put your mother's ashes up and you join the antagonist instead.
The dude never had any intentions on hurting or trying to kill you.

In Cuphead you can accept the devils offer and it nets you the bad ending, feels like there are probably more join the villain endings

The C-Consciousness guys from Stalker offer you a deal to join them, I think. The demon from Shadowrun Hong Kong can actually be bargained with and will grant you supernatural shit in exchange for the soul of a dear person. The Master from Fallout 1 will let you go and self destruct if you point out a critical flaw in his plans. Eden from Fallout 3 (in true, retarded Bethesda fashion) can simply be told "you should kill yourself" and it will work if you have a high enough speech. In Persona 3 you can accept defeat and let death erase your memories of the fact that the world is going to end.

Feels like there's way more but my memory is legendarily shit.

Letho in The Witcher 2

>The dude never had any intentions on hurting or trying to kill you.
He doesn't even try and attack you at the end of the normal storyline, just gets pissy that you chose to be a murderhobo

LOSERS WAIT

Attached: DIhH2aOVoAAQOu5.jpg (1200x493, 64K)

NWN:HotU you can force the final boss to be your lackey by dominating his soul avoiding any combat if you did a bunch of shit first.

Arcanum has the final boss kill himself to grant mercy to the existence he hates because he loves everyone

>to grant mercy to the existence he hates because he loves everyone
now what kinda goddamn sense does that make

>tfw used to spam the humongo speech in relationship threads in /adv/ years ago

Attached: humongous.png (647x343, 222K)

It was a final encounter ordeal in which he was nearly about to kill everything to prevent them the suffering of living and you convince him that theres more to life and he realizes his hatred for living is so massive he cant exist alongside it so he kills himself to prevent himself from killing everything else

The Caesars legion in New Vegas has this guy which you might come up in the final quest depending on your loyalty to other factions. If you have perfect speech skill you can have a honest, one to one talk about how this battle would end badly for both sides and after the final speech check he appreciates your strategic insight and retreats his troops.

Already mentioned, but Letho in Witcher 2. You can choose to shoot the shit with him and take shots before letting him walk off.

Mass Effect you can talk Saren into killing himself and avoiding the fight, but not sure if that counts.

Even if saren kills himself, Sovereign takes over his body anyway

it's kinda funny how Pagan is probably the most sane person in Far Cry 4

Why was this guy even supposed to be the villain? All he wanted was the gas. It's not like the people in the fortress were using it for anything productive. They were just hoarding it like retro game collectors do.

Jade Empire

Dragon's dogma

Attached: 1551500997055.jpg (1200x1200, 179K)

Like Caesar in New Vegas, he talks reasonable but he's still head of a ravenous pack of rapists and murderers.
The people in the fortress were bartering the gas, he wanted to steal it all and was willing to torture and murder to get it.
More importantly for Max, he killed Max's dog and blew up his Interceptor.

>final boss doesnt want to fight you
>when you show up to stop his plan he calmly discusses his reasons with you
>you can agree with him
>if you do, your party becomes the new final boss and his henchman who kicked your ass in the first level joins your party
>if you brought your dog in place of a party member he doesnt betray you like all the other party members

Attached: 1492152109970.png (903x713, 326K)

This one is a rare example of a final boss who offers a peaceful resolution to you without you needing to convince them. It's also one of the rare examples of a peaceful resolution that seems good for you but it is also a definite win for the boss, so it's entirely rational for them to offer it.

Attached: jade empire.jpg (752x600, 78K)

>take shots before letting him walk off
you can take shots with him before killing him
also I don't know if it can be pulled but I always assumed you can beat Sion in KotOR II without a fight if you convince him to give up his hateboner for Kreia and just let go of the Force which traps his souls in his severed body
but you need max level persuade for that or some shit

Lord Humongous is a great villain for having so little dialogue

Are dogs the best form of companion in vista and real life?

Attached: 2136A1D5-BEAC-45F7-8D48-95AA9CB2DFC2.jpg (1280x720, 262K)

Muslims are all sweet and innocent and totally just want to get along with you in your native country too bro. Let them all in. Open the borders dude it's no big deal. Everything's cool ok?

Fallout 1, you can take the offer to become a Super mutant. Granted, you can also get the same ending by being kidnapped, but it still counts. You can also talk the final boss into killing himself, although he activates a nuke in the process so I'm not sure if that counts as peaceful

Kek

yep then islamic rape gangs come and suicide bombings targeting kid concerts like Ariana Grandes and mass stab unarmed innocents.

This basically happens in SMT4A

Is this the expansion with Mephistopheles? Because you can simply join him in the end too, and you both create a reign of terror
Pretty cool

LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS

Attached: 200px-MW-creature-Dagoth_Ur.jpg (200x200, 21K)

Lmao

Infinity Blade 1

Attached: infinity blade 1.jpg (1200x800, 153K)

I kinda wish i could just let go or arrest faith in Far cry 5

THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCKINROLLA

Attached: 20180926144459_1.jpg (1920x1080, 452K)

Such a shit game, good lord.

Wasnt he the protags dad?

No, he got cucked by the protag's dad.

>we will never get a new game plus storyline featuring Pagan as you explore what it means to be king in a lawless land.
why bros, why.

the new shadowrun games?

No. Similarities but nothing that exact.

Such a shit taste, good lord.

t.woman

Name 6 games.

what fucking game

>run around doing generic open world game things and grinding
>but its okay because you're le mad max!!1

Attached: (you too).jpg (812x852, 134K)

>No more games! No more games!

In Streets of Rage you get offered to join Mr. X. If you agree it sends you back several levels. You can also rule in his place after his death if you whoop your co-op player's ass and become the next crime lord.

We don't have to fight, user....

Attached: 1446079927077.jpg (780x818, 281K)

Attached: just post the in-store prices.png (2743x2000, 3.27M)

Please?

I fucking love australians

Dagoth Ur

Attached: sense of justice.jpg (1600x1800, 414K)

Bullshit, at least the other characters werent killing and destroying shit just because.

I only like the hand to hand combat
youtube.com/watch?v=klu2A_jYF2M&t=481s

Arcanum was kino. Same for NWN.

Are there any more games like this with character customization and branching storypaths? And where the choices matter?

Handsome Jack kinda, at several points he basically says "dude can you just stop what you're doing to thwart me?" specifically when you kill Angel

isn't that DA:O?

The witcher 3 DLCs Bosses

I thought his plan was to kill them anyway

Sounds like Kotor Dark Side ending
Wished the game worked on Steam

Yeah those characters were killing and destroying shit to either create a totalitarian drug state or a backward religious cult nation.

Based reply

Lord Humungus was always going to kill them, he promises Wez revenge for his twink getting boomerang'd
He just knows how to use psychological warfare

Attached: humungus.gif (500x202, 488K)

He cuck'ed the protags insane viva-la-revolution father. Protags father got buttmad that Pagan Min charmed the pants off Protags mother sent to spy on Pagan Min

Pagan Min actually did nothing wrong given the circumstance. Between Insane religious zealots and revolutionary communists & a western educated Honk Kong Triad, i'd choose the Triad.

Humungus did nothing wrong.

Has anyone ever actually fought Letho in the end?

>and avoiding the fight
Bullshit, you fight zombie Saren no matter what.

He’s still a scummy fucker but unlike the other factions he knew how to run a country. Still needlessly cruel but the other two potential leaders would have made things even worse.

Enemy ain't liking all the mofuckin talk for real

Attached: snoopthewire.jpg (634x480, 26K)

you can recruit the secondary villain in dragon age but it only leads to one party member turning on you.

I really need to re-watch the first two movies.
What did you shitpost?

>everyone posting examples where the player has to jump through hoops to inch the villain into a peaceful resolution
That's not what the OP said guys. He's saying the villain opts towards that solution on their own.

Attached: 1332986138249.jpg (616x526, 69K)

Me

LISA doesn't count since you're the villain.

Why yes it has.

Attached: 1563825258518.jpg (470x470, 173K)

That's rare as fuck and would make for a very short thread, might as well just widen the topic a little

Phase 1 is significantly more of a pain in the ass.

Phase 2, he's a Hopper with a souped up eye-beam.

IT IS NOT TOO LATE FOR MY MERCY

TTYD

In the first Witcher game the main antagonist tries to explain to you his actions and convince you to join his side (even using quotes you said to him in the past to do so). You aren't given the choice to let him go or join him however.

It's fun

This is fable 2, right?

Attached: rayman_4.png (350x238, 116K)