What is the point of FPS over 60?

What is the point of FPS over 60?

Attached: 1560207509627.jpg (1024x571, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eiuLdvAIJaY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dick measuring.

it feels better

So your screen updates faster and you can make out a person coming from behind something faster provided your eyes can keep up.

have you ever played csgo or rainbow six

What is the point of FPS over 24?

not getting motion sickness
seriously i get motion sicknes

360 flickrailing some faggot charlie in 0.03 seconds more easily

there is a point in FPS speed above 60 where the game ironically seems unnaturally fast, like going in fastmotion, when it is supposed to be going at a more natural pace (usually lock the game at 60 because of that)

What is the point of FPS over 13?

I thought high frame rate was a gimmick but I got a 144hz monitor last year. Going back down to 60hz is unbearable for some games

Monitor hertz over 60.

any game with action really. especially fps its just fucking unbearable going back.

This. I'm afraid to go to a 240hz and ruin myself.

it doesn't scale linearly
240 is better, but it doesn't take away from 144 being good

>What is the point of going 100mph instead of 50mph

to make epic slowmotion videos

Attached: initial D.jpg (817x818, 358K)

I've had 144Hz monitors for like 6-7 years.
You can never go back.

because it looks better

You know how sluggish 30hz feels after you're used to 60hz?

That's how 60hz feels once you're used to a 144hz.

elbow room I guess?
if you're playing gta and it's running at 100 FPS in the desert with no character models or cars spawning in, it might run at 30 FPS in the middle of a gang shoot out with hundreds of characters spawning in, because that's when you wan the highest frame rate.

smoother mouse input

To cause a spectacle to distract you from poor gameplay.

Smoother and overall more positive experience

the human eyes cant see more than 1 frame per second anyways

the human eye cant hear under 20hz anyways

Same with sub 90hz

Want to know how I know your IQ isn't above 60 either?

less tearing

So you get motion sickness when you watch movies?

you should go see an eye doctor

Even the difference between 60 and 75 is huge to me. You're doing yourself a disservice by not at least trying it.

>tfw 60hz 1080p monitor hookes up to a pc with two RTX TITANs.

Everyone says "you can never go back" but I still play NES games with all that slowdown.

if you're getting tearing at all these days you're doing something wrong when adaptive vsync, freesync and gsync are all a thing.

adaptive vsync sucks and I'm a poorfag

bruh get 144hz wtf r u doin

>turn on vsynch
>fuck performance
My toaster can only choose one or the other

Dont wanna drop 1k on just a monitor.

Bruh you fucking just spent like 5k on just your gpus.

Try $300 at most.

Your set up is completely wasted on a 1080 60hz since a 1070ti would get the same job done.

Bruh a RTX TITAN especially TWO on SLI can literally run 12k games and can probably send a spaceship to mars.

Ok, doesn't really fucking matter if the retard has a 1080p monitor.

I just want a cheap budget pc. I have no interest in the new games coming out because the modern industry is trash. Nothing I play goes past 60 fps anyway

holy cope

You realize you can run older games at high refresh rates too right? There's literally zero downside to a decent high refresh rate monitor. If 'none of your games' go above 60 and you only play old games, your rig must be extra shit.

>adaptive vsync sucks
Only if you dip below your target, and if you're seeing a lot of tearing you generally shouldn't be.

>turn on vsynch
>fuck performance
That's why you enable adaptive vsync, normal vsync needs to wait until your monitor and the frame timing aligns to avoid tearing it can drop performance as you wait for the two to sync up, adaptive sync avoids that so long as you maintain a framerate above your target, so if you're targeting 60hz and you drop to 59 then you'll feel it with adaptive vsync, otherwise though it adds no lag and doesn't affect performance. it will kill your performance if you do drop below your target though so only use it if your average fps is will above your target fps.

FreeSync and GSync though will take care of that shit regardless and pretty much solve any tearing issues you may encounter but those require a special monitor and matching GPU.

My pc is from 2008.

I play games in my living room on a 55", my brother's a cripple and he likes to watch me play games, they don't make 144hz monitors in a decent size. And TVs all lie about their refresh rates.

Attached: 1483147769987.webm (1280x720, 192K)

I'm not an autist about framerate, I just want it to be consistent, even if all you can do is make it 30. I want a STABLE framerate above all else. Because man I've played games where that doesn't happen
youtube.com/watch?v=eiuLdvAIJaY

There is only one exception: EDF. Fuck you if you want more fps in those games. That is valuable processing you could be using to put even MORE bugs on the screen. I want a NASA supercomputer to be at 15 fps because there's simply too much shit to render.

Attached: megaman responding to an image of gutsman's ass.jpg (480x360, 10K)

It's not EDF without framerate drops

sometimes yes, especially if they have cgi. its different though because your eyes arent tracking as hard where in video games you are focusing hard on every movement instead of experiencing it you are actively reacting to it.

this is the most retarded thing ive seen all day

>old consoles like the SNES and Genesis have SOUL. Sony trinitron CRT tv is a must!
>if you aren’t playing your games on the latest graphics card on a 240 hz 8k HD screen then you’re not a true gamer

What did gamers mean by this?

The Genesis did have soul, it just didn't have many good games as well.

Been avoiding mirrors, huh?

OMFG EPIC WINZ BRU-BRU J00
TOTALLY OWNED HIM LMBO xDD

Can someone explain to me why Monster Beverage Corporation has been allowed to do free marketing here for the last year or so.

The bad CGI in the first Twilight movie made me so sick I passed out in the bathroom at the theater. Never let my gf live it down l

For bird gamers.

Burned